PDA

View Full Version : MARAT SAFIN - LOSING WINNER

mirattalji
18th June 2007, 12:07 PM
This is for MARAT SAFIN...

[html:54159ef0ef]http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2008/01/09/mbs_safin_wideweb__470x329,0.jpg[/html:54159ef0ef]

The most talented tennis player in the current crop.......But results show otherwise as a result of his bad temperament....if he cud control it somehow federer , nadal , nalbandian can have some problems...plus it ll be a good thread to debate on ...

buddysathi
19th June 2007, 04:13 AM
I remember one Safin's quote, " On my day, I can beat anyone in the world! But if its not, any amateur can defeat me!"

Raikkonen
19th June 2007, 10:53 AM
I love Safin.. He's probably the best techinical player in the world.. But he's quite injury proned and has temperamental problems.. But he gave me my favorite tennis match of all time few years back (Australian Open SF vs Federer)... That was a tremendous match...

ajithfederer
19th June 2007, 08:35 PM
Yes ......safin beat federer :clap:

I love Safin.. He's probably the best techinical player in the world.. But he's quite injury proned and has temperamental problems.. But he gave me my favorite tennis match of all time few years back (Australian Open SF vs Federer)... That was a tremendous match...

rocketboy
20th June 2007, 08:16 PM
There's something called attitude. Thats missing in Safin's case. Whenever I think of Safin the image of Marcelo Rios with his flowing hair pops up in my mind. A very talented player , in fact the first South American to be crowned the number one ( I think he achieved this feat even before Guga could stake his claim to fame. Correct me if I am wrong) . But he didn't last long because he couldn't sustain it , I mean the killer instinct, to go after the kill .Complacency creeps in after some stage. Its here we need to salute people like Pete, Feddy who never gave/give up . No sooner had he reached the top than recurrent injuries laid him low. Anyways I feel Nadal is the only guy who can stop Federer in his tracks. What a workhorse he is 8-)

mirattalji
26th September 2008, 09:07 AM
totally agree with you..marat and fedd/pete/rafa cannot be compared...the other 3 are far better players becoz of their consistency and continuous improvement......marat needs to take a tip or two from them......

Vivasaayi
26th September 2008, 05:55 PM
totally agree with you..marat and fedd/pete/rafa cannot be compared...the other 3 are far better players becoz of their consistency and continuous improvement......marat needs to take a tip or two from them......

mirattalji..enna romba naala aalaye kaanom...

ajithfederer
26th September 2008, 11:57 PM
Was seeing safins sister dinara safina playing in the US open. Annan'ukku thangachi thappama porandhirukaanga. :lol2:

mirattalji
6th February 2009, 01:39 PM
Marat Safin to quit by End of 2009 Season. What a waste of potential...really unreasonable

thilak4life
6th February 2009, 01:44 PM
Great player. Truly transcended different generations. Later years has been frustrating for us fans. A living proof that technical ability alone wouldn't win you success. Perfect quote, "On my day, I can beat anyone in the world! But if its not, any amateur can defeat me!"

Raikkonen
3rd September 2009, 08:08 AM
thud.. dammit..

he lost at US open and that's his last grandslam appearance.. :cry: :wave:

come on Safina..