PDA

View Full Version : "Marma Desam" NAGA's ~|> PONNIYIN SELVAN <|~

bingleguy
20th July 2007, 11:52 PM
நாகா வின்
"பொன்னியின் செல்வன்"

The much awaited moment is here ......................................

சிதம்பர ரகசியத்தின் மாபெரும் வெற்றிக்கு பிறகு ....... மீண்டும் சின்னதிரையில் வீற வெற்றி நடை போட வரும்.....

நிக் ஆர்ட்ஸ் வழங்கும்
"மர்ம தேசம்" நாகா வின்

பொன்னியின் செல்வன்

விரைவில் கலைஞர் டிவி யில்...................

Firstly ..... I would really love to extend my Joyful Thanks to Mr.Naga .... our HONORABLE HUBBER :-) for having given me the oppurtunity to open this thread on his next venture on the small screen......

This thread currently starts as a CURTAIN RAISER THREAD for the much awaited venture of Mr. Naga.....
We are planning to have ............

<><> Discussions on the Historical "Amarar Kalki's Ponniyin Selvan"
<><> Discussions on the creation of Kalki's "Ponniyin Selvan" by Naga
<><> Questions from hubbers to the great man himself .......
<><> Episode updates (once the episodes officially start) ....
<><> Behind the scenes .....
<><> Profiles of the crew .......
<><> A comparison on the original script and the creation by Naga .....
<><> Critical thoughts ......
and much more ....

Nothing is possible without the involvement and the enthusiasm of U, the most beloved and respected HUBBERS :-)
We would love healthy discussions on the topic right from the beginning ... and this i feel would really make a wonderful start ... which would serve as a WELCOME to the Historical venture ...

Varuga .... Velga :-)

aanaa
20th July 2007, 11:56 PM
thank you for breaking the good news

bingleguy
20th July 2007, 11:57 PM
Ponniyin Selvan (பொன்னியின் செல்வன், "The Son of Ponni") is a famous 2400 page 20th-century Tamil historical novel written by Kalki Krishnamurthy. Written in 6 volumes, this narrates the story of Arulmozhivarman (later crowned as Rajaraja Chola).

Ponniyin Selvan (Ponni's Son) dealt with the fortunes of the Chola empire during the 10th century. It was serialised in the Tamil periodical Kalki. The serialisation went on for nearly five years and every week its publication was awaited with great interest.

Ponniyin Selvan is a romantic story, which has real historical characters and real historical incidents.

[Source - WIKIPEDIA]

bingleguy
20th July 2007, 11:59 PM
thank you for breaking the good news

AANAA :-) wonderful ...... ungal sevai engal thevai :-)
I am really happy to see ur first entry here .... and as u being an ardent fan of the works of Naga .... :-) i feel would really appreciate this thread for the great man's Ground Breaking effort :-)

:clap: Nandri ....... Welcome to the THREAD .....

Nerd
21st July 2007, 01:06 AM
Is he really going to make kalki's ponniyin selvan?? Or has he just borrowed the title from that magnum opus??

thilak4life
21st July 2007, 01:29 AM
Is he really going to make kalki's ponniyin selvan?? Or has he just borrowed the title from that magnum opus??

Yes, could you please confirm that?

bingleguy
21st July 2007, 02:15 AM
Nerd and Thilak .........

Naga is really goin to do Ponniyin Selvan for the screen .... tis not the title only ... he is creating the real Historical small screen make of Amarar Kalki's Ponniyin Selvan for Kalaignar TV ......

thilak4life
21st July 2007, 02:18 AM

Naga is really goin to do Ponniyin Selvan for the screen .... tis not the title only ... he is creating the real Historical small screen make of Amarar Kalki's Ponniyin Selvan for Kalaignar TV ......

My dream was to see Aandavar making it :( Now it's shattered. anyway, looking forward to this! :)

Nerd
21st July 2007, 02:27 AM

My dream was to see Aandavar making it :( Now it's shattered. anyway, looking forward to this! :)
Making that as a movie is not humanely possible. Anyway I don't think I can watch it here. Would be great if someone uploads it on youtube :lol:

aanaa
21st July 2007, 09:47 PM
Starting in September ?

unfortunate I donot have access to Kalaingar TV :-(

aanaa
21st July 2007, 09:50 PM
Starting in September ?

unfortunate I donot have access to Kalaingar TV :-(

aanaa
21st July 2007, 09:50 PM
[AANAA :-) wonderful ...... ungal sevai engal thevai :-)
I am really happy to see ur first entry here .... and as u being an ardent fan of the works of Naga .... :-) i feel would really appreciate this thread for the great man's Ground Breaking effort :-)

:clap: Nandri ....... Welcome to the THREAD .....
thank you

checking the updates always

bingleguy
22nd July 2007, 01:22 AM
The TV is starting up on Sep 15, if i remember correctly .... they wanted Naga sir to bring it out on the first day itself ... :-) but Naga sir wasnt so sure .... still he is definitely gonna try for that ...

For now .....

When i called Naga sir yesterday... he was travelling to KARAIKUDI for location ....... Pre-Production is currently UP for the greatest stories ever told in the HISTORY ......

Naga sir feels that .... Ponniyin Selvan is a real challenge for him to prove his self ..... he feels, it is not his kinda story .... and that too it is something that has already been defined ... this is a little thrilling too, so he feels that that interests him ....

The HISTORY is up on the PRODUCTION ....

Keep reading..... for more updates ... and the conversation between me and the Great Man himself .....

aanaa
23rd July 2007, 05:21 AM
vaazhthukal
வாழ்துக்கள்

ts
23rd July 2007, 09:08 PM
Wow... one of my favourite directors making the chinna thirai version of THE top novel on my list.... wow...

Lets hope someone records it this time ... we dont know if we will have access to this channel in western europe...

Any sweepstakes for who'll play Vanthiya Thevan???

I will be interested to see who will play Azhvarkkadiyaan...

bingleguy
24th July 2007, 06:11 AM
Wow... one of my favourite directors making the chinna thirai version of THE top novel on my list.... wow...

Lets hope someone records it this time ... we dont know if we will have access to this channel in western europe...

Vaanga TS :-) was planning to PM u :-) neenga illaama Naga sir thread aaa a:-) i was writing a PM to be sent to all the regular visitors of the CR thread :-) neengale vandhuteenga :-) Tats really healthy :-)

Naga sir .... actors vishayangal innum yaar kittyum sollalai :-) he wanted tat to be on a lil suspense note .... :-) adhunaala disclose pannalai .....

I seriously believe he should be watching this thread :-) and would pitch in anytime :-) ...... tat time, he would start answering our questions :-)

So ... edhukku wait pannanum ????????????? SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT ur questions :-)

rami
24th July 2007, 12:38 PM
Vasanth :ty:

Naga + Ponniyin Selvan What a gr8 combo ?

Gr8 !! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Long back I started a thread on Ponniyin Selvan ! I have always wished that it should be made into a tele serial .. But have always had the doubt whether it would land in the right hands ? Now there are no doubts.. If there is someone who can bring to life the lively story, it should be Naga !!

Now I think we all can expect a quality serial from the gr8 director !! :ty: Naga Sir !!

Vallavaraiyan vanthiya thevan kuthirayil varuvathu kan munne nirkirathu ... Am eagerly waiting to see the characters of Ponniyin selvan getting life on the small screen ... !

Cinefan
24th July 2007, 12:52 PM
First,thanks to bingleguy for the 'PM'.

Immediate question,is Kalaignar TV a pay channel or Free to Air? :D

Was wondering what Naga was upto after Sun forced him to close CR in a very unconvincing way.

There was some talk about a 3D serial for kids,what happened to that.

Ponniyin Selvan will be a huge project,hope the management gives him the creative freedom&budget to do it his way.Afterall didn't he leave(or forced to leave??) Rudra Veenai from Radaan on similar issues?

Anyway eagerly awaiting updates.

aanaa
25th July 2007, 05:42 PM
as said I depend on the updates fro youfriends.

I don't know we do have /able to have access to Kalaingar TV.
Naga sir
any issue with SUN TV --> normal slot ?

bingleguy
25th July 2007, 11:34 PM
First,thanks to bingleguy for the 'PM'.

Immediate question,is Kalaignar TV a pay channel or Free to Air? :D

Was wondering what Naga was upto after Sun forced him to close CR in a very unconvincing way.

There was some talk about a 3D serial for kids,what happened to that.

Ponniyin Selvan will be a huge project,hope the management gives him the creative freedom&budget to do it his way.Afterall didn't he leave(or forced to leave??) Rudra Veenai from Radaan on similar issues?

Anyway eagerly awaiting updates.

My pleasure CF :-)

m expecting Naga sir to join the discussions sooon .... as he is busy this week for the pre-production stuffs ....

Ys ..... PS is indeed a huge project and would need creative freedom and budget .... As NIC ARTS is a Cine PRODUCTION company and they ve been liberal for producing good movies ..... they would be good and demanding on PS .....

Well as to Naga sir .... anybody would give him tht freedom, as they knew about his works ..... his projects have been really good ones ...... and that has been talked by many ..... Usually thriller subject is his baby .... but i feel this too would bring to us a NEW Naga who would prove his skills over bringing the HISTORY subject too to life .... Lets WAIT n WATCH ....

kelly
27th July 2007, 12:22 PM
wow thats great, to see another creation of Naga. I'm not sure we in Malaysia will have the chance to see this or not. I really hope TS and other will update us or maybe even load the clipping. bingleguy thanks, keep up the good work

sangeetha_me
28th July 2007, 08:06 AM
Hi Bingleguy ! Thanks for the pm.

I cant wait for the srial to start ! I wonder if we will get to see it here in US.

sundarmeenakshi
28th July 2007, 03:34 PM

hi any body keeping audio file of ponnien selvan, sivakamien sapatham?

sakthivel_cool
28th July 2007, 05:27 PM
Naga is the best fr this :thumbsup:

madhu
3rd August 2007, 06:49 AM
I want to see the real locations of the story even in Srilanka..

But already some other shooting is going on..

enna seyya pOrAngaLO ? :(

( anyway.. adhu ellAm reNdAvadhu bAgathulathAn .. adhukkuLLa edhu vENa nadakkalAm :P )

bingleguy
3rd August 2007, 06:51 AM
wow thats great, to see another creation of Naga. I'm not sure we in Malaysia will have the chance to see this or not. I really hope TS and other will update us or maybe even load the clipping. bingleguy thanks, keep up the good work

Well ys :-) TS irukka bayamen ;-)
m not sure about the availability of the Kalaignyar TV abroad .... probably they should be doin it..... but we have to keep our fingers crossed .....

Keep this goin Kelly.... sooooooooon Naga sir wil join us :-)

bingleguy
3rd August 2007, 06:53 AM
I want to see the real locations of the story even in Srilanka..

But already some other shooting is going on..

enna seyya pOrAngaLO ? :(

( anyway.. adhu ellAm reNdAvadhu bAgathulathAn .. adhukkuLLa edhu vENa nadakkalAm :P )

:lol: Madhu ... OC la Lanka vaa ;-) :notthatway: :lol:

well, ys .... things have started shaping up ....... Pre-Production work is goin on ...... and things are actually happenning faster ....

motha baagangalum padichirukkeengala Madhu ?

bingleguy
3rd August 2007, 06:55 AM
Hi Bingleguy ! Thanks for the pm.

I cant wait for the srial to start ! I wonder if we will get to see it here in US.

Well .... indha thread irukka bayamen ... TS irukkare :-)
Updates n happennings poruthavarai .... keeping this thread alive will serve ..... namakku inga telecast paakara interest will double if we share our thoughts ... :-)

Well .... dont mention it ... u were all a very important contributor for the CR thread ..... so i am expecting u ll keep this thread too to that level :)
ellam ungal kaiyilae ;-)

bingleguy
3rd August 2007, 06:56 AM
Naga is the best fr this :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: :yes: he is .............

ts
3rd August 2007, 05:45 PM

oh oh oh.... brakes on please :roll: :roll: :roll:

Dont know if we will get Kalaignar TV in europe... i can most definitely update from the book :D :D :D

bingleguy
3rd August 2007, 06:57 PM

oh oh oh.... brakes on please :roll: :roll: :roll:

Dont know if we will get Kalaignar TV in europe... i can most definitely update from the book :D :D :D

:rotfl:
adellam engalukku theriyaadhu :P edhaavadhu pannunga ;-)
unga update illaama naanga enna panradhu .......

well .... KALAINGYAR TV pathi vibaram onnum theriyalai .... definitely they are the ruling ... so they should be little global i guess ! lets wait n watch ...

anybody knows anything about this TV?

madhu
3rd August 2007, 07:12 PM

en manasukkuLLa oru full serial Odikittu irukku.. from veeranarayana erikkarai on aadi perukku ( innaikku aadi 18 :P ) to next year aadi perukku of anjAvadhu bAgam last chapter ( with maNimEgalai ) !!

enakkuLLEyE ellA location-um irukku.. adhu mAdhiri PS-ai aazhamA padicha ovvorutharukkum irukkum..

bingleguy
4th August 2007, 01:36 AM

en manasukkuLLa oru full serial Odikittu irukku.. from veeranarayana erikkarai on aadi perukku ( innaikku aadi 18 :P ) to next year aadi perukku of anjAvadhu bAgam last chapter ( with maNimEgalai ) !!

enakkuLLEyE ellA location-um irukku.. adhu mAdhiri PS-ai aazhamA padicha ovvorutharukkum irukkum..

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

We can expect nothing less than perfection .... with Naga bringing those images to realilty :-) absolutely real :-)

He is known for his presenting ...... and his thoughts would be running right not... as how are we gonna handle a HISTORICAL subject .... off from his regular Mystery and Thriller stories ....

bingleguy
6th August 2007, 08:30 AM
When talking about the how to bring the HISTORY to REALITY ..... Naga was expressing much care on that aspect .....
He obviously cannot bring everything from reality ..... he has to create some ....

Naga is planning to depend on Visual Effect Graphics for the same ..... He has plans of bringing the touch of the Historical arena not just in the old fashioned way of creating only sets.... but a step ahead to bring the graphics .... which were mainly used in the Mayaajaal and Spiritual classics ... to a HISTORICAL venture ...

In addition to Ramayana n Mahabharatha ..... Ponniyin Selvan is gonna become one such epic al venture which is gonna be talked for ages ... as PS is one of the liked novel of all times .....

More on graphics ....... keeping fingers crossed ....

bingleguy
9th August 2007, 06:15 AM
The shooting is goin on a FAST TRACK ..... The team is currently shooting sequences for the first few episodes in a fast track basis ..... The crew is really working hard to make those episodes happen ......

There were as many as 25 takes for shots .... this explains the complexity of the scene and the difficulty the crew would be facing ..... The crew is very particular about the Daily Runner to be more interesting and taking the watcher back in time ......

Naga has been handling all these years serials tat were once in a week and utmost two (Ramani vs Ramani) ...... now he is really facing a challenge to make a daily runner ......

The crew feels PS as VERY CHALLENGING with little FEAR ....

Coming Soooooooooooooooooooooooooon ......

THE CREW of the Ponniyin Selvan team ..... oru oruthar pathiyum individual aa ezhudhalaam nnu plan .... for which i would need inputs .... so lets start one by one .... Once we have all the CREW members introduced, i feel it is possible for us to frame questions for them and i can try and get answers for the same .... or if they are willing - to request them to post here ........

All here .... and ONLY here ....... in our very own MAYYAM ....

Do not miss the complete end to end experience on Ponniyin Selvan ......

bingleguy
18th August 2007, 09:51 AM
Just got some inputs coming in :-)

Namma PS Crew has taken a SHORT BREAK :-) during their very busy schedule ..... phew .... nijamaave bayangara maa work panraanga ! so indha break nichayam thevai .... innum two days la the shooting starts again ....

Dialogues ellam senthamizh la varum podhu ... nadigargal over enthu vaa adhai pesum podhu ..... CREW fulla bayangaramaa vizhundhu vizhundhu sirichirukkaanga ;-) NAGA sir modhakondu :P

Well ... it is really a very very different thing when u talk in Senthamizh ..... Mahabharatham Ramayanam thamizh la paakira effect vera .... ;-) our own Ponniyin Selvan :-) eppadiyum ORU KALAKKU KALLADHAAN pogiradhu :-)

Await more inputs on the Current Happennings .... and Release dates .....

crazy
21st August 2007, 12:00 AM
kalaingar tv? :(

whoes gonna play as vandhiyadevan? :swinghead:

bingleguy
21st August 2007, 12:05 AM
kalaingar tv? :(

whoes gonna play as vandhiyadevan? :swinghead:

Welcome Crazy ...

Crazy .... thats currently been maintained as a SECRET :-) ippove sollita then expectation koranju poidum ... thavira karpanai senju paaka aarambichiduvaanga :-)

but neenga guess pannalaam :-) inga discuss pannalaam ;-) nobody stops u ... btw ungalukku enna Vandhiyathevan mela avvalavu oru anbu :-) ????

crazy
21st August 2007, 12:12 AM
vandhidevan....hm...better not say it here :)

i cant guess of anybody ....i hardly watch serials :oops:
i try to figure him ridding on a horse....hopes the one who gonna play as vandhiyadevar really suits the character :)

i wonder how they gonna picturize the chapter where poonguzhali takes vandhiyadevar to ilangai theevu ....the sea...the boat ...ah :P

bingleguy
21st August 2007, 12:15 AM
vandhidevan....hm...better not say it here :)

i cant guess of anybody ....i hardly watch serials :oops:
i try to figure him ridding on a horse....hopes the one who gonna play as vandhiyadevar really suits the character :)

i wonder how they gonna picturize the chapter where poonguzhali takes vandhiyadevar to ilangai theevu ....the sea...the boat ...ah :P

Well well well ... This time u are really gonna change ur mind ;-) on watching serials ....

Naga's PS is really gonna be one of the most talked serials .... Never in small screen history has Graphics been used so extensively .... The Golden period of Tamil Nadu .... the War grounds, The palaces .... the ppl ..... everything is gonna come to life :-)

The part u are describing is one of the important challenges that the team is gonna be facing ....

Let the team answer this over time :-)

crazy
21st August 2007, 12:17 AM
bg, sinna kelvi?
avanga shooting'ku ilangai povaangala....illai india'kulle engaachum shooting pannituvaangala?

iam asking too much.....but just so curious to know :)

crazy
21st August 2007, 12:21 AM
hm...i dont know how much it gonna satisfy me or other readers. but its really a tough job and must praise his courage ...doing it on small screen :notworthy:

leaving now.... :wave:

btw bg, eppo sinna thirayil oliparappa poraanga? :)

bingleguy
21st August 2007, 12:22 AM
bg, sinna kelvi?
avanga shooting'ku ilangai povaangala....illai india'kulle engaachum shooting pannituvaangala?

iam asking too much.....but just so curious to know :)

NOthing is too much .... u can really pose questions to Mr. Naga here ... for all u know ... :-) he is our fellow hubber .... U can address questions to him .... for sure u can expect answers :-)

well ... i am not the right person to answer this anyways :-)

Do u think tis possible for them to goto Lanka n shoot those sequences .... ? btw where in Lanka does it happen ?

bingleguy
21st August 2007, 12:23 AM
hm...i dont know how much it gonna satisfy me or other readers. but its really a tough job and must praise his courage ...doing it on small screen :notworthy:

leaving now.... :wave:

btw bg, eppo sinna thirayil oliparappa poraanga? :)

:clap: Thanks a TON Crazy .... for the appreciation ....
Ys ... it is really a tough decision ... he has a VERY big challenge on him .... I am sure Naga sir can make the best of his works on this ....

Well .... koodiya viraivil ... they are aiming at Mid September i guess !

crazy
21st August 2007, 12:25 AM
bg
vandhyadevar ilangaikku (anuraadhapuram) povaar :?
i know...its not possible to shoot in ilangai (northern regions) ...but anuradhapuram is ok...i guess :roll:

crazy
21st August 2007, 12:26 AM
mid September....konja naal thaan irukku....or almost a month from now , thanks :)

bingleguy
21st August 2007, 12:30 AM
bg
vandhyadevar ilangaikku (anuraadhapuram) povaar :?
i know...its not possible to shoot in ilangai (northern regions) ...but anuradhapuram is ok...i guess :roll:

well :-) lets hope :-)
i really doubt we would be able to find out if that was taken in Lanka or not :-)

Our Art designers are capable of buiding an exact replica of Lanka :-) lets wait n watch !

sipi
21st August 2007, 01:35 AM
hi.....

naga sir is one of my favourite director....

adha vida.. PS is my most favourite novel... my life time loveable novel...

ethana thadava padichalum, konjam kooda alukadha ezhuthukal...

PS aa screen la parkamudiyuma nu ninaikiradhe romba malaipa iruku... adhu unmailaiye vara pogudhunu... direction um start aagidichi nu kelvi padum bodhu aasaiyavum iruku bayamavum iruku....

indha serial... PS novel maadhiriye miga periya vetri adaiya iraivanai vendugiren....

best wishes to NIC ARTS, NAGA & THE TEAM....

sipi
21st August 2007, 01:37 AM
NIC ARTS na appo AJITH thaan vandiya devar aa???? :roll:

sipi
21st August 2007, 01:41 AM

madhu enakum adhe unarvu thaaan... eppo PS padikum bodhu next line enna varum nu manasula oodine irukum... adhe pola thaan ippo vum iruku....

writing aa endha alavuku screen la kaata mudiyum nu enaku theriyala... but PS aa direct panradhuke oru periya dhilll vendum...

THALAIVARUM Ulaga Nayaganum kai vitta oru project... naan wait panninu iruken... oru writer oda thoughts aa screen la parka....

sipi
21st August 2007, 02:15 AM
Like to share my taste....

ennoda karpanai screen la... ponniyin selvan characters...

arun mozhivarmar - surja

vandhiya devar - madhavan

kundhavai - jothika (surja ku akka va nadika othupangala nu theriyala :roll:)

peirya & chinna pazhuvetaraiyar - sarath kumar (dual role)

nandhini - aish ( i think she is older :roll:) or esha deol

vaanadhi - priya mani

poonguzhali - meera jasmine

aazhvarku adiyan - i guess, its tough to find out this character (comedy + heroism)

manimegalai - endha character um nyabagam vara maatengudhu... endha character aaiyum manasu ethuka maatengudhu....

bingleguy
21st August 2007, 08:40 AM
PS aa screen la parkamudiyuma nu ninaikiradhe romba malaipa iruku... adhu unmailaiye vara pogudhunu... direction um start aagidichi nu kelvi padum bodhu aasaiyavum iruku bayamavum iruku....

indha serial... PS novel maadhiriye miga periya vetri adaiya iraivanai vendugiren....

best wishes to NIC ARTS, NAGA & THE TEAM....

Ys nammalai vida aayiram madangu bayathoda dhaan Naga sir indha project ai aarambichirukkaar .... he already has a very good name in the industry and if he is fearing .... that shows the importance of the subject ...... Ninaichu paatha oru kanavaa irukku .... avar en kitta first first indha vishayathai sonna podhu .... enakku oru nimisham enna solradhunne theriyala ..... He was planning for the big screen, when this project came up to him ..... Bayathodayum Nambikkaiyodaiyum dhaan aarambikiraar .... :thumbsup: Naga sir ....

Thanks for joining us on the thread sipi .... ungalai maadiri kadhaiyai padichavanga dhaan innum nalla karuthukkalai solla mudiyum ....... Well .... Kalaingyar TV ... adhukku dhaan enna panna porom nnu theriyala US la ... UK la ellam ..... Lets see ....

Indha thread oru Update thread aaga aamayum nnu engalukku aasai ....

I join u in wishing -

NIC Arts - who have taken a very bold and historical step in making this writing come live ...

Naga sir .... - who has really taken up the Challenging work of his career ......

The TEAM - who stand as a pillar for the entire Historical venture .....

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Lets share our thoughts ..... on Kalki's writings too here ..... coz that is wat has inspired our team .....

bingleguy
25th August 2007, 10:45 PM

arun mozhivarmar - surja

vaanadhi - priya mani

aazhvarku adiyan - i guess, its tough to find out this character (comedy + heroism)

manimegalai - endha character um nyabagam vara maatengudhu... endha character aaiyum manasu ethuka maatengudhu....

adhu seri ...... nalla vela Catherine Zeta Jones ..... Will Smith nnu kekkaama irundhele :P

crazy
25th August 2007, 10:50 PM

:evil:

septemer mid'na characters ippove reveal pannitalaame?
therinchukka aavala irukkomla :( :)

bingleguy
25th August 2007, 11:33 PM

Well well well ... as such they are not revealing the characters currently .... aavalai thoondum, still, panninaanga nna :-) we will start karpanai fying those characters :-) it should be a surprise .... is wat Naga sir thinks :-)

crazy
25th August 2007, 11:36 PM
anyway iam kind of happy...

vandhidevar thaan kadhai thodakkathil + mudivilum varuvaar :swinghead: unfortunately we dont have kalaignar tv here... :(

ithellaam konjam over thaan :evil:

bingleguy
25th August 2007, 11:38 PM
Well .... kalaignyar TV varalaam nnu dhaan solraanga.... Set Top box or something venum pola irukku ..... illai Sun maadiri monthly payment la kidaikkalaam.....

Soon we might be knowing details .....

Neenga Vandhiyathevar ai ninaichunde irunga ;-) surprise kaathu kittu irukku :-)

crazy
25th August 2007, 11:44 PM
uruvam illa character avar (not pei or pisaasu) cha avara ninaikkave mudiyala.....
maybe, naan adha padichu irukka koodadhu pola.....coz now i will expect a lot from the theme and also characters

yaar andha character'a erdhu pannaalum...konjam kasthama thaan irukkum...but hope that person does well...or wish that person very good luck :D

bingleguy
26th August 2007, 12:08 AM
uruvam illa character avar (not pei or pisaasu) cha avara ninaikkave mudiyala.....
maybe, naan adha padichu irukka koodadhu pola.....coz now i will expect a lot from the theme and also characters

yaar andha character'a erdhu pannaalum...konjam kasthama thaan irukkum...but hope that person does well...or wish that person very good luck :D

Dont u worry .... idhula involve aayirukkiravanga ellarum PROFESSIONALS :-)

Naga sir is all set to present more than wat we expected :thumbsup:

crazy
26th August 2007, 12:15 AM
what more can I say....all i have to do is waiting :P

BG
oru velai naan marandhaalum, neenga marakkaama mudhal episode details pathi PM pannungo and also the details about the vandhidevar character 8-)

bingleguy
26th August 2007, 05:22 AM
what more can I say....all i have to do is waiting :P

BG
oru velai naan marandhaalum, neenga marakkaama mudhal episode details pathi PM pannungo and also the details about the vandhidevar character 8-)

by all means :-) modalla naanum ingendhu paakanum illayaa :P
well US la varumaanu first theriyalai ..... lets see ....

sipi
29th August 2007, 10:44 PM
:redjump: aiyeeeee.... kalainjar tv... inga edukudhu.....

testing poinu iruku... only songs.... nethu night mgr & sivaji songs....

ponniyin selvan aa parkiradhula enaku problem irukadhu... ;)

crazy
29th August 2007, 10:45 PM
enakku thaan problem :x

sipi
29th August 2007, 10:48 PM

arun mozhivarmar - surja

vaanadhi - priya mani

adhu seri ...... nalla vela Catherine Zeta Jones ..... Will Smith nnu kekkaama irundhele :P

kalki oda karpanaiku endha character um oru padi kizha thaaan... any way... kavala padadhinga... catherine & smith rendu perume suitable kidaiyadhu... :D

naan ponniyin selvan novel padichi mudichadhula irundhu idhu oru movie aa vandha yaaru herova nadicha seriya irukum nu yosichinu iruken....

dum... dum... dum.. movie la vara, desingu raja song kettadhula irundhu madhavan = vandhiya devar
jo = kundhavai
character la suite aavangannu en manasula thoniche....

kaaka kaaka movie la irundhu surya = arul mozhi character fix aavar nu thonichi....

sipi
29th August 2007, 10:49 PM

ennoda friend vandhiya devar character la vijay adiraj nadikiradha sonna... but, she is not sure abt that... :ashamed:

sipi
29th August 2007, 10:51 PM

ithellaam konjam over thaan :evil:

:evil: idhula over ku enna iruku... unmai solradhula enna ippo?

crazy
29th August 2007, 10:53 PM
anna
iam telling u again .......unga manimegalai'ai imagine pannikurathoda nirukkonga
thevayillaama en vandhidevar izhukkaatheenga :evil:

sipi
29th August 2007, 10:56 PM
anna
iam telling u again .......unga manimegalai'ai imagine pannikurathoda nirukkonga
thevayillaama en vandhidevar izhukkaatheenga :evil:

vaasi... manimegalai 4th partla thaan introduce aagura...

ponniyin selvan aa appadiye serial aa edukuradhuna... 4th part varradhuku eppadiyum 4 years ku mela aagalam... adhukulla enna venum na nadakalam...

but, vandhiya devar character first part first episode la introduce... adhuvum first scene laiye.... so, kandippa vandhiya devar pathi pesi thaaan aaganum... :D

crazy
29th August 2007, 11:02 PM
idha naan vanmaya kandikiren :cry2:

en vandhiya devar enakku maattum sondhamnu solli copy rights vaangikkalaaa? :? :)

anna
avar azhaga oru kudhirai mele ...erittu vaarar ...aha (enna oru arumayaana scene)
avar azhagaana mugathil oru melliya (cm or mm) sirippu...aha

:clap: :clap:

epadi anna...en hero introduce aahittaar 8-)

sipi
29th August 2007, 11:06 PM
kandippa unnala copy right vanga mudiyadhu... erkanave kundavai vangitanga... adha kalvetta vera porichi vachikittanga... (oru vela avangaluku therinji irukum pola... future la, kalki nu oruthar avanga kadhaiya ezhudhuvar adhunala girls avar mela love varum nu...)

en akkaiyin kaadhal nayagan vaanarkula vallathu arayar vandhiya devar... ;)

sipi
29th August 2007, 11:08 PM
un hero innum introduce aagala... adhuku nee september 15th varaikum wait seiyanum... naan update tharen...

crazy
29th August 2007, 11:09 PM
ipadi'a kalvethil ezhudi vaichu irukkaanga :?

anna
ennoda previous births oru birth'la naan kundavai'a pirandhen 8-)

so andha VV devar ...enakku thaan sondham :yes:

crazy
29th August 2007, 11:10 PM
un hero innum introduce aagala... adhuku nee september 15th varaikum wait seiyanum... naan update tharen...

no
unga update venaam....
nee venumne en hero'va mosaama introduce pannituveenga :x

sipi
29th August 2007, 11:11 PM
vandhiya devar aa pathi kuripidum bodhu... kundhavaiyin kaadhal nayagan nu thaan solli irukanga...

kundhavai love panni marriage senjangannu...

unnoda previuos birth la nee kundhavaiya??? :)) dont make me to laugh...

crazy
29th August 2007, 11:15 PM
i cant help u....just laugh

but thats the truth 8-)

sipi
29th August 2007, 11:15 PM

no
unga update venaam....
nee venumne en hero'va mosaama introduce pannituveenga :x

cha.... en mela unaku ivalo thaaan nambikaiya???? :(

crazy
29th August 2007, 11:16 PM
aama pinne....neenga en hero'va yaaro oru hero kooda compare pannadhe...ennaala thaangikka mudiyala...idhulla...unga introduction scene :x

sipi
29th August 2007, 11:17 PM
i cant help u....just laugh

but thats the truth 8-)

vaasi... idha veliya sonna nijamave siripanga...

sipi
29th August 2007, 11:19 PM
aama pinne....neenga en hero'va yaaro oru hero kooda compare pannadhe...ennaala thaangikka mudiyala...idhulla...unga introduction scene :x

endha hero kooda compare pannen??? :?

crazy
29th August 2007, 11:20 PM
anna

see ur post, whom u have suggested for my heros character :? :x

sipi
29th August 2007, 11:49 PM
i didnt suggest anyone... i just imagined, who will be the perfect for that character.... avalo thaaan...

nee ippo thaane ponniyin selvan padichi iruka.. naan 8 years la 8 times padichi mudichiten... naan imagine panna koodadha????

crazy
29th August 2007, 11:50 PM
KOODADHU 8-)

edha yaar eppo ethanai vaatti padichaangann enbadhu mukkiyam illai
...adhukku mela...theriyala :oops:

sipi
30th August 2007, 12:17 AM
theriyalaina vitudu... ponniyin selvan telecast aagura varaikum wait pannu...

crazy
30th August 2007, 12:21 AM
anna
naama rendu perum indha thread irrelevant'a pesittu irukkom :oops:

BG paartha :ashamed:

sipi
30th August 2007, 12:33 AM
its not irrelevant...we are talking abt the characters of ponniyin selvan...

ponniyin selvan innum telecast aagala... vera enna pesa mudiyum sollu???

bingleguy
30th August 2007, 01:01 AM
u guys are goin just fine .... :-) characters pathi dhaane discuss panreenga ! idhula enna thappu irukku ....

as long as it is healthy :-) tis fine ....

sipi
30th August 2007, 10:50 PM
:notworthy: appadiye bg....

i am counting the days....

crazy
30th August 2007, 10:54 PM
me too....excited to see my hero 8-)

Fire111999
10th September 2007, 01:43 PM
someone post it on utube please!!!

aanaa
13th September 2007, 01:04 AM
Is it telecasting
anyone watching this now in Kalaingar Tv

bingleguy
13th September 2007, 07:27 AM
Kalaignar TV is officially starting on Sep 15

the date for the telecast is not yet been decided .... once that is officially communicated, we should be able to know the same !

Ppl in INdia can help us with updates on the same :-)

clnarain
21st September 2007, 02:47 AM
Hi Guys,

Pls find below an interesting interview by our beloved Naaga Sir. I don't know if this has already been posted in this hub. But just thought to share with you anyway. The video quality is very poor, and I could hardly see the face of Naaga sir, but I'm happy at least we can hear what he says :-)

hxxp : // video.google.com/videosearch?q=naaga+serial&so=1

littlemaster1982
21st September 2007, 12:58 PM
A blogger interviews (albeit a casual one) Naga...

http://penathal.blogspot.com/2007/09/exclusive-preview.html

aanaa
21st September 2007, 06:02 PM
A blogger interviews (albeit a casual one) Naga...

http : // penathal.blogspot.com/2007/09/exclusive-preview.html

thank you for sharing the info

aanaa
21st September 2007, 06:03 PM
Kalaignar TV is officially starting on Sep 15

the date for the telecast is not yet been decided .... once that is officially communicated, we should be able to know the same !

Ppl in INdia can help us with updates on the same :-)

any news so far

updates pl

bingleguy
21st September 2007, 08:06 PM
just had a quick talk with our MAN :-)

Senthil :-) Thanks for sharing the blog with us :-) I learnt from Naga sir that Penathal Suresh had come to visit him on the sets :-) and he would be soon posting on his blog ...

Infact i ve been following his blog for over a week :-) I happ to find the post ;-) but MAYYAM wasnt accessible .... :lol: anyways .... Thanks to LM :-) who shared my burden :-)

I shall be posting soon about my kutti kutti talks ;-) with Naga sir soon :-)

bingleguy
21st September 2007, 08:10 PM
Hi Guys,

Pls find below an interesting interview by our beloved Naaga Sir. I don't know if this has already been posted in this hub. But just thought to share with you anyway. The video quality is very poor, and I could hardly see the face of Naaga sir, but I'm happy at least we can hear what he says :-)

hxxp : // video.google.com/videosearch?q=naaga+serial&so=1

That was absolutely wonderful sharing this information with us Narain :-)

aanaa
21st September 2007, 11:13 PM
I shall be posting soon about my kutti kutti talks ;-) with Naga sir soon :-)

expecting soon :cool2:

crazy
5th October 2007, 04:46 PM
:huh:

madhu
29th October 2007, 07:17 PM
:roll:

crazy
29th October 2007, 09:15 PM
hows ponniyin selvan doing? :? :roll: :(

bingleguy
29th October 2007, 11:32 PM
mannikkavum ..... Thalaivaroda recent calls edhuvum illayaa ... so updates podave illai ...

But as such wat i understand from the crew is :-) the project has been wavering in its pace ... Still they are working days n nights to come to a decent stage before the serial is released ..... coz once it is released ... then it should not slow down ... so Naga sir will definitely be on a safer side....

Diwali deadline meet pannuvaangala ?????? it is not an easy target ..... thalaivar dhaan badhil sollanum :-)

crazy
30th October 2007, 12:57 PM
oh...seri ..

selvakumar
22nd November 2007, 05:21 PM
It is indeed a great task. I am quite eager to see how Naaga handles the flow that PS provides to its first time readers. I am not too sure on what extent the suspenses in the novel will appeal to the people when they watch it on screen :? I am looking farward to this.

This one will require atleast 10 different sets and converting the minute surprises provided int he novel is indeed a challenging task.

Let the team take whatever time it needs.

aanaa
8th December 2007, 08:31 PM
whats going on
any update
Is it telecasting right now in Kalaingar TV

crazy
8th December 2007, 11:01 PM
somebody pls :?

bingleguy
18th January 2008, 11:57 PM
Naga vin Ponniyin Selvan ....

nadhiyil neer kuraivin kaaranamaaga konjam leave la irukku .... nalla vegathil aarambitha ponniyin selvanukkum sila thadaigaL ..... sequencing kidaikkaadha sila sikkalgaL ..... kuthirai sequencing kidaikkaamal nadhiyai kadandhu sendra namadhu hero thirumbi vara kaathirukkiraar ;-) anyways jokes apart ...

Naga avargalin latest update pragaaram - konjam kaala thaamadhamaaga nagarndhu kondirukkiradhu namadhu Ponniyin Selvan ....

Konjam open pressures - konjam closed pressures idharkku naduvil namadhu Naga sir sramathudanum gavanippudanum vetri yin paadhaiyai nokki nindru kondirukkiraar .....

Naga sir namakkellam virundhu kandippaga vaippar endra edhirpaarppudan kaathiruppom !

aanaa
19th January 2008, 09:24 PM
thamathamaka vanthaalum
'punch' aka varum enak kathirukkiROm

bingleguy
22nd January 2008, 10:50 PM
True Aanaa !

PS varum podhu nichayam oru punch aaga dhaan varum ... en solren nna .. indha project oru Mission Impossible ! PS kku uyir vadivam kodukkardhungardhu oru saaadhaarana vishayamum illai .....

Graphics velai nirayaa irukkum idhula .... and rendu pace um actually othu poganum ... scenes mattum poraadhu - adhoda speed kku graphics um work pannanum ... adhukku sila thadangal gaL eppavum irukkum .... adhai ellam thaandi varanum ! adhu vetri ppaadhaiyaaga thaan irukkum !

aanaa
23rd January 2008, 02:30 AM
agree
its hard to bring the life to almost all charactors.

everyone has his/her own view of the characters and its hard to meet everybody's imagination.

its not to meet Maniam (?) arts but to satisfy the imagination too

bingleguy
23rd January 2008, 03:42 AM
exactly .... tats the difference between wat u see and wat u read ! Individual perception differs very much on writing ! On the contrary movies / drama gives the life thats decided by one person and perceived as shown by the others !

Changing a written life to a real life character ... is really a challenging one ! Ron Howard would really have a tough time choosing characters for the DVC ... coz when i read the book, my perception on the characters was really strong ... the moment when i saw Tom Hanks - i said YESSSSSS ... tats wat it is ..... and the SILAS and the Bishop Aringarosa and Facet .... wonderful selections !

This is a big thing that a director will have !

Maniam ??? i didnt get wat u were trying to say !

Murali Srinivas
2nd February 2008, 07:00 PM
Dear Vasanth,

Maniam was the artist who drew the pictures for PS when it was first serialised in Kalki in the 50's. It was so real that everybody has an imagination of each and every character in the same mould starting from Vandhiya Thevan, Arul Mozhi Varman, Aadhitha Karikalan, Nandhini, Kundhavai, Vanathi, Pazhuvetaraiyer, Azhvarkadiyaan,Poonkuzhali, Sendhan Amudhan, Anirudha Bramharaayar, you name it, everyone would concur. Maniyam Selvan is the son of Maniyam and he did the drawings in the 80's when PS was re- published.

Regards

clnarain
18th February 2008, 02:24 PM
There is some news circulating in the media that our beloved director Naaga is going to do a film Shankar's 'S' pictures. Is that true? If it is it's going to be a great treat for everyone. Hope he does a thriller...

source: hxxp://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/36635.html

bingleguy
18th February 2008, 10:05 PM
Thats really wonderful to hear ...... Even when this thread started off ... there was a strong question in the minds of the ppl who were expecting PS ...... even there was a poll in our orkut community for the characters who would fit in the role :-)
sketches satisfying the characters :-) Maniam :clap:

bingleguy
18th February 2008, 10:07 PM
There is some news circulating in the media that our beloved director Naaga is going to do a film Shankar's 'S' pictures. Is that true? If it is it's going to be a great treat for everyone. Hope he does a thriller...

source: hxxp://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/36635.html

clnarain ....

hmn ... this is really NEWS :-) though Naga sir hasnt said anything on this ... :-) but sure i will talk abt this the next time i talk to him .... :-) i knew he had plans to go on a film ... but not sure about the producers ..... he even had a script ready :-) as far as i knw :-) !!!! lets wait n watch !!!!

aanaa
19th February 2008, 01:27 AM
keep up with the latest post

thanks

clnarain
11th March 2008, 11:36 AM
Guys,

Any update on Naga's upcoming film projects and ponniyin selvan?

bingleguy
11th March 2008, 11:48 AM
Guys,

Any update on Naga's upcoming film projects and ponniyin selvan?

koodiya viraivil andha nalla seidhiyai edhir paarungaL :-) :D

Billgates
13th March 2008, 09:40 AM
[tscii:418c661784]
Dear Vasanth,

Maniam was the artist who drew the pictures for PS when it was first serialised in Kalki in the 50's. It was so real that everybody has an imagination of each and every character in the same mould starting from Vandhiya Thevan, Arul Mozhi Varman, Aadhitha Karikalan, Nandhini, Kundhavai, Vanathi, Pazhuvetaraiyer, Azhvarkadiyaan,Poonkuzhali, Sendhan Amudhan, Anirudha Bramharaayar, you name it, everyone would concur. Maniyam Selvan is the son of Maniyam and he did the drawings in the 80's when PS was re- published.

Regards

Murali Ayya,

Probably you don’t like Mr. Vinuu who also did picturising the images ! Amazing how come you missed it ? Pls give correct information . I have seen images drawn by Vinuu also apart from MS . Thank you Sir.
[/tscii:418c661784]

RR
14th March 2008, 08:23 PM
http://sirippu.wordpress.com/2008/03/13/ponniyin_selvan/

Dropped?

crazy
15th March 2008, 01:05 AM

Dropped?

:( :)

bingleguy
15th March 2008, 08:42 AM

Dropped?

I was quoted of a delay in PS production by Naga sir sometime back ... but it wasnt a confirmation on the DROP ..... hence without official communication from the Producers, i didnt want to put it out on the forum .....

indru madhiyam avarai meendum sandhikkiren .... :( ennoda irandaavadhu sandhippil indha vishayathai avarudan pesa enakku sangadamaana irukkiradhu ....

clnarain
16th March 2008, 01:19 AM
Hmm...quiet a bit of shock for me....was eagerly awaiting to watch PS. I personally feel that the article in http://sirippu.wordpress.com/2008/03/13/ponniyin_selvan/ actually over exaggerates the situation. Naaga is definitely not such a bad film maker, considering his past brilliant ventures. There must be some other reason for it to have been dropped apart from the financial reasons quoted there. Let's wait for bingleguy to know more about the truth.

bingleguy
18th March 2008, 01:46 AM
Naga sir himself has responded to the quote ..... most the information quoted there was not true .... and baseless .... Sathish - who had worked with the project had a strong notion to the person who had built up the news ....

It is really pathetic to knw - tat ppl could write wat ever they want - even baseless craps on the net .... I was really shocked to see ppl writing blogs without proper source. It so happened that the writer has shared information as if he sits in front of the Producer - and based on his talks - updates this info..... Anybody who has been associated with sharing information should have the courtesy to talk to the concerned and clarify before breaking it up ....

I believe the writer would understand this .....

Please see the link quoted above to see Naga's response .....

clnarain
18th March 2008, 04:39 AM
Thanks for clarifying things bingleguy...So does that mean PS is not discontinued?

bingleguy
18th March 2008, 11:44 PM
Thanks for clarifying things bingleguy...So does that mean PS is not discontinued?

Positively Ys ...... but for now Naga sir has not been working on the project .... It has been put on hold and waiting for the producers to put it back on track ......

selvakumar
19th March 2008, 01:01 PM
S S Chakravarthy ellam produce pannuna ippadi thaan aagum pola.
Better they could have got someone like Media Dreams :(

Naaga
19th March 2008, 07:32 PM
Vendaame Selvakumar......naamum andha routela poga vendaame....
SS Chakravarthy romba nalla manidhar....enakku thanippatta murayil avarai theriyum. Min Bimbangal Kailasathukku (KB's son) piragu, 'ennavennalum pannunga, aanaa compromise pannikkatheenga' enru ennidam kooriyavar. Padaippaligalukku etra sirandha producer.

ts
19th March 2008, 08:45 PM
...just a thought...

பழுத்த மரம் தான் கல்லடி படும்...

i guess Naaga sir will take the whole saaga as a compliment :-)

aanaa
20th March 2008, 02:49 AM
Thanks for the positive comments about SSC ; Naga
waiting for the serial release soon

selvakumar
20th March 2008, 09:49 AM
SS Chakravarthy romba nalla manidhar....enakku thanippatta murayil avarai theriyum. Min Bimbangal Kailasathukku (KB's son) piragu, 'ennavennalum pannunga, aanaa compromise pannikkatheenga' enru ennidam kooriyavar. Padaippaligalukku etra sirandha producer.
I said that based on his track record. Few of the films he produced got struck in deep financial mess. His promotion for his films were almost NIL at one period. I didn't mean that he doesn't spend money. But having seen him struggling to complete few of his films, I thought that the delay might be due to that.

This one deserves corporate producers who spend money and at the sametime go on to any extend to ensure quality within less time.

Neverthless, if SSC has given you enough freedom then I am more happy since a better product is ensured :)

Thirumaran
20th March 2008, 09:51 AM
when it is starting ? or already started :roll:

Naaga
20th March 2008, 01:15 PM
This one deserves corporate producers who spend money and at the sametime go on to any extend to ensure quality within less time.

I doubt whether they do.

Planning is very essential, true. But as far as it goes with me, i would prefer a producer with passion for the medium or the particular story. And one-person to take responsibilities on the production front.

A corporate set up generally doesn't seems to have any one person owning-up the project, and therefore the whole system panics when the sensex (read TRP) drops even marginally. This leads to blame-games.

The individual members in a corporate system ultimately ends up justifying his/her presence by looking at the bottom line only. (Due to the fast growth rate in the corporate set-ups, there are too many Green-horns in the driver seats. Accident rate is naturally high.)

Result.....everchanging and vague storylines.....mediocrity in execution....unnecessary marketing gymmics and........aping of other successful tested formats.

(It hurts to tell you that no body in Radaan or Pearl-Media management rungs had seen more than two episodes of Rudraveenai or Chidambara Ragasiyam.) :shhh:

Billgates
20th March 2008, 01:57 PM
[tscii:94b06c0238]Mr. Naaga,

Is Kalki magazine group not keen to support you in this project ?

I heard Kamal was fond of this story . Any possibility of striking alliance with Kamal’s production Unit ? And what about a thought process involving Kamal himself as a character in PS ?

Wishing you all the best . Pls don’t give up on PS
[/tscii:94b06c0238]

MrJudge
24th March 2008, 02:10 PM
Nicknames Naaga & NagaS belong to same person? I used to see NagaS in Yuvan's threads, but now he doesn't post anymore.

RR
24th March 2008, 03:23 PM
Mr.Judge,

NagaS is not director Naaga. But he is also a writer who pens stories/essays under the nick N. Chokkan. Guess he is too busy with many writing projects these days.

MrJudge
24th March 2008, 08:26 PM
Mr.Judge,

NagaS is not director Naaga. But he is also a writer who pens stories/essays under the nick N. Chokkan. Guess he is too busy with many writing projects these days.

Thanks, RR. I read our hubber Naaga in the opening page, so got surprised. Never read N.Chokkan's stories here on the hub, should look for it.

bingleguy
25th March 2008, 05:37 AM

Vanakkam Naga sir .... Welcome to your own thread :-) We ve been missing you all these days here .....

That was a Healthy quote on SSC ...... nerla pesina pozhudhum idhai thaan sonneenga .... :-) i really like that quote ....

"Do it without a compromise" .........

bingleguy
25th March 2008, 05:39 AM
Find the email response of Mr. Naga to the editor of the post earlier ...... This has been shared by the editor himself .....

http://sirippu.wordpress.com/2008/03/21/ponniyinselvannaga/

clnarain
25th March 2008, 11:50 AM
Great to hear that PS is still alive. Naaga sir appadiye ungalukku time kidaikkum pothu, ungaloda Vidathu Karuppu DVDya release panna athoda producers kitta konjam recommend pannunga. Some die hard fans like me are very keen in buying & watching the same. I had already seen every episode of Chidambara Ragasiyam more than 20 times and I was literally banged by everyone at home for repeatedly watching the same :x. Somehow this one serial has mesmerized me so much.

aanaa
25th March 2008, 06:48 PM
Thank you "bingleguy" for the info.
Hope "PS will come for telecast very soon

clnarain
23rd April 2008, 01:01 PM
Naaga Sir,

In which village did you shoot Marma Desam I (Ragasiyam), Ethuvum Nadakkum, Rudra Veenai & Vidathu Karuppu?

karthik_rcs
4th May 2008, 09:33 AM
Hello BingleGuy Sir. Eppadi irukeenga.
Can anyone give me links to download
Chidambara Ragaisyam Full,
Ragasiyam -Marmadesam [ I have upto 60 Episodes, need rest]

I am reachable in karthik_rcs@yahoo.com

Please

clnarain
4th May 2008, 09:46 AM
rajshri adds one episode per day...there are a total of 75 episodes in Maram Desam I. I'm eagerly waiting for rajshri to add vidathu karruppu too. I've already mailed the admin about it, but there was no response. Anyway let's wait and see...

karthik_rcs
4th May 2008, 09:53 AM
Hi, But how to download to computer. Can we watch only online or can we download it too

aanaa
4th May 2008, 06:23 PM
Hi, But how to download to computer. Can we watch only online or can we download it too

you can do both
once you click on the pic - episodes- you can watch
click to own - you got to pay -

bingleguy
5th May 2008, 04:17 AM
Have Rajshri bought the rights of these serials ???:roll:

clnarain
5th May 2008, 11:26 AM
Have Rajshri bought the rights of these serials ???:roll:

Hmm seems so...but not sure....IMHO there is no strict enforcement of copyright right laws in the US for indian entertainment stuff. This is the reason why u find so many illegal stuff floating around the net. I know many websites who charge on a monthly basis for access to serials (including CR and MarmaDesam), but I really doubt whether they bought the rights for the same. I think rajshri would also be one among them, but atleast they make it available for free, and they charge only for downloads, anyway that too can be bypassed...:-)

clnarain
16th May 2008, 01:55 PM
Any latest updates/developments on PS?

aanaa
16th May 2008, 05:04 PM
and they charge only for downloads, anyway that too can be bypassed...:-)

you can download free from there too.....
- workaround

clnarain
30th May 2008, 09:15 AM
Guys,

What's the latest update on PS? When is the first episode going to be aired? can't wait anymore...

clnarain
16th June 2008, 01:57 AM
Guys,

Any updates on PS? It's been almost a year the project was started. Just wondering what's happening on this... :? Are there still issues surrounding PS?

bingleguy
16th June 2008, 04:56 AM
yep .... kinda issues revolving around PS for the time being... but there isnt any official communication yet ..... I leave the floor open for Naga sir to update the status on the same ...

Hes currently working on a Movie ....

clnarain
17th June 2008, 04:14 AM
yep .... kinda issues revolving around PS for the time being... but there isnt any official communication yet ..... I leave the floor open for Naga sir to update the status on the same ...

Is this the movie for Director Shankar?

bingleguy
19th June 2008, 03:35 AM

ys ... tats correct .... for S Pictures !

clnarain
19th June 2008, 05:54 AM

So does this mean that Naaga sir will be out of PS and someone else will be directing it? Or PS will be suspended till he completes the movie?

bingleguy
19th June 2008, 09:12 AM

So does this mean that Naaga sir will be out of PS and someone else will be directing it? Or PS will be suspended till he completes the movie?

adhai thalaivar dhaan sollanum :-) PS oda tharpodhaiya status avarukku mattumE arindhadhu .... :-)

clnarain
19th June 2008, 10:23 AM

adhai thalaivar dhaan sollanum :-) PS oda tharpodhaiya status avarukku mattumE arindhadhu .... :-)

:confused2: :confused2: :confused2:

clnarain
29th June 2008, 06:48 AM
Guys,

Good news!!! Finally Naga's vidathu Karuppu is out in Rajshri.com. It's a dream come true for Naga's fans. Enjoy!!!

bingleguy
29th June 2008, 08:04 AM
Guys,

Good news!!! Finally Naga's vidathu Karuppu is out in Rajshri.com. It's a dream come true for Naga's fans. Enjoy!!!

:clap: wow :-)

R.Latha
30th June 2008, 09:29 AM
* கலைஞர் டிவிக்காக டைரக்டர் நாகா இயக்கிய பொன்னியின் செல்வன் சரித்திரத் தொடரின் முதல் கட்ட படப்பிடிப்பு முடிந்திருக்கிறது. இந்த தொடரை பிரமாண்டமாக எஸ்.எஸ். சக்ரவர்த்தி தயாரிக்கிறார்.
* மர்மத் தொடர்கள் மூலம் புகழ் பெற்ற டைரக்டர் நாகா, வரவிருக்கும் `ஜி' சேனலுக்காக துர்கா என்ற பெயரில் ஒரு சீரியல் இயக்குகிறார். இந்த தொடரில் நிறைய புதுமுகங்கள் நடிக்கிறார்கள்.

clnarain
30th June 2008, 12:49 PM
* கலைஞர் டிவிக்காக டைரக்டர் நாகா இயக்கிய பொன்னியின் செல்வன் சரித்திரத் தொடரின் முதல் கட்ட படப்பிடிப்பு முடிந்திருக்கிறது. இந்த தொடரை பிரமாண்டமாக எஸ்.எஸ். சக்ரவர்த்தி தயாரிக்கிறார்.
* மர்மத் தொடர்கள் மூலம் புகழ் பெற்ற டைரக்டர் நாகா, வரவிருக்கும் `ஜி' சேனலுக்காக துர்கா என்ற பெயரில் ஒரு சீரியல் இயக்குகிறார். இந்த தொடரில் நிறைய புதுமுகங்கள் நடிக்கிறார்கள்.

Where did you get the information about Naaga doing serial for Zee Tamil? What happened to the news which was circulating about Naaga sir doing a film for Director Shankar? Also PS by itself is not complete yet, so how'll he start to work on another serial? I think only naaga sir can clarify all this.

selvakumar
30th June 2008, 01:08 PM
:D
Latha - May we know the source of this news ?

clnarain
7th July 2008, 04:29 AM
Guys,

:clap: wow :-)

There is now only one more left which is "Yethuvum Nadakkum" by Naga which was done just before CR. Let's see if Rajshri comes up with the same. :confused2:

clnarain
19th July 2008, 02:31 AM
I hope you all are enjoying Naaga's VK in Rajshri as me. I found that episode 20 of VK is not watchable. Is anyone facing the same problem? I mailed the admin of rajshri several times about it, but they seem to argue repeatedly that it works. I'm pretty sure it does not. Can someone else pls confirm this?

clnarain
19th July 2008, 06:53 AM
I hope you all are enjoying Naaga's VK in Rajshri as me. I found that episode 20 of VK is not watchable. Is anyone facing the same problem? I mailed the admin of rajshri several times about it, but they seem to argue repeatedly that it works. I'm pretty sure it does not. Can someone else pls confirm this?

Just got the response from the admin. It works now!!!

clnarain
21st July 2008, 09:11 AM
Naaga Sir: We are really enjoying your Vidathu Karuppu through Rajshri. I never thought I'd be able to see this masterpiece again. Could you pls tell me in which village was it shot? I'm very curious to know about it and I really love this place.

bingleguy
31st July 2008, 09:33 PM
Rajshree officially bought the telecasting rights for Marma Desam parts i believe ! Tats really wonderful ! just now got this clarified with Naga sir himself :)

clnarain
1st August 2008, 11:33 AM
Rajshree officially bought the telecasting rights for Marma Desam parts i believe ! Tats really wonderful ! just now got this clarified with Naga sir himself :)

Wow!!! That's great news. Do they have any plans to buy the rights of other Naaga's serials like CR & Ethuvum Nadakkum too?

bingleguy
28th September 2008, 05:22 AM

Wow!!! That's great news. Do they have any plans to buy the rights of other Naaga's serials like CR & Ethuvum Nadakkum too?

I wish Naga sir himself buys the rights for CR ..... he deserves the credit to release it as DVD ....

kandeeban
29th September 2008, 01:07 AM
After 80th episode, Vidathu Karuppu has not been updated by Rajshri. I think there are at least 2 more episodes remaining before the serial ends. Dr. Nanda will find Achu in a bus and the Sword will switch its place to the new Messenger. Also, Kattaiyan losing his hand episode needs to be screened.

Any updates from fellow Naga fans?

clnarain
29th September 2008, 02:57 AM
After 80th episode, Vidathu Karuppu has not been updated by Rajshri. I think there are at least 2 more episodes remaining before the serial ends. Dr. Nanda will find Achu in a bus and the Sword will switch its place to the new Messenger. Also, Kattaiyan losing his hand episode needs to be screened.

There are totally 90 episodes for VK. Not sure why only 80 are available.

kandeeban
8th October 2008, 03:36 PM

There are totally 90 episodes for VK. Not sure why only 80 are available.

Anybody privy with Rajshri raise the issue with them? please.

aanaa
8th October 2008, 07:10 PM
if you send a message to Rajshri - admin @ rajshri.com - they response and will rectify the issue
not like SUN TV

clnarain
17th October 2008, 10:48 AM
Guys,

Just some tidbits of information: I've always wondered where Naaga shot his serials like MarmaDesam and VK, which had a beautiful backdrop. Mohan Ram Sir was kind enough to let me know about it. In fact he even double checked with Naaga, before confirming it to me. Kudos Mohan Ram Sir. Okay here are the details

MarmaDesam:
==========

Vikramasingapuram, Ambasamudram
BrahmaDesam Temple (The temple where kaala bairavar was shown)

Vidathu Karuppu:
============

Pollachi, Sethumadai
Climax shot in Old Mahabalipuram Road

I'll make it a point to visit these places while going to india during my vacation, especially the BrahmaDesam temple. Hope you too will enjoy these places.

aanaa
17th October 2008, 05:32 PM
Guys,
Just some tidbits of information:.

thanks or the info.
extended to Mohan sir too

kandeeban
20th October 2008, 09:06 PM
if you send a message to Rajshri - admin @ rajshri.com - they response and will rectify the issue
not like SUN TV

done, sent. Hope they host the remaining episodes too.

sivank
22nd October 2008, 02:10 PM
what about ponniyin selvan? any new informations about it

kandeeban
6th November 2008, 07:00 PM
not like SUN TV

done, sent. Hope they host the remaining episodes too.

Rajshri sent the read receipt of my mail, but never did answer. Anyone more privy to them? who can influence them to post the remaining episodes? please..........

clnarain
12th November 2008, 10:35 AM
some tidbits about Naaga's next project

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/42941.html

clnarain
10th December 2008, 11:09 PM
Any update on the Naaga's new project? Probably Bingleguy may be able to give some.