PDA

View Full Version : Tidal wave - Terrifying experience

kaathal_kavignan
26th December 2004, 08:51 PM
Friends..,

I want to share my experience of a miraculous escape i had this morning from the tidal wave that hit chennai this morning.

Yesterday, December 25 th .i went to Golden sun resorts in mahabalipuram with 5 of my friends to celebrate my birthday. . We really had a great time yesterday in the beach that is in the resort.. After partying the whole night we all slept at 6 in the morning .. we didnt even feel the tremor at 6:30 as we were sleeping tiredly ..

at 8:30 in the morning i woke up and just went out for a walk to the beach .. still my friends were sleeping in the room .I was enjoying the scene of a family playing a game of kabadi in the shore. after sitting there in the shore for 15 minutes ., i realised that i missed my mobile in the room. so went back to room. At 8:50 the tide hit the shore, and the waters came everwhere also in to our room ..

we cudnt guess whats happening ... we all took whatever things we could take it . and took our car outside the resort that is to the ECR road. In the meanwhile the whole resort beach view rooms were washed . We saw the height of the waves, felt that roughness in the air., why is God so angry with us. After 15 minutes when we came inside the ppl there told us the whole family in the shore were washed away.

I still cudnt come out of this shock. A miraculous escape we had. Just the matter of 5 minutes .. turned my whole life.. Lucky me n my friends .. But I could not rejoice that fact cos the whole family died including 2 children.Till that time they were enjoying in the sands.

I cant express in what state am now , and dont know how long will it take for me to recover from this shock...

Let us all pray for that family.

drake13
27th December 2004, 04:28 AM
Is it a natural one? some one tell me it is .. :(

Iran -dec 26,2003

Now this - dec 26 2004.

http://www.prahlad.org/pub/bearden/scalar_wars.htm

Surya
27th December 2004, 04:39 AM
Wow, KK thats quite amazing.
Its a Tragedy. :(

-Deleted-

I was shocked here in the US, when I saw it in Sun TV. I can't even imagine the trumatizing expierence for the poor victims.
May their souls rest in peace.

hehehewalrus
27th December 2004, 05:21 AM
kk,
thanks for sharing!! That was a special time phase for you friend, goes to show how valuable life is.

Hope you will find the words to comfort all those in pain not just this phase of life but always.

Alisha
27th December 2004, 05:59 AM
Hi KK,

Thanks for sharing.

I know that it's going to be difficult for you to come out from the shock but you have to.

Take Care.

sonu gopi
27th December 2004, 06:29 AM
Hello KK,

I am so glad you're safe and sound - its what I call fate...but so heart breaking to see so many deaths - saw it in BBC/CNN.

Take care and relax - you would be ok when things are back to normal. Thanks for sharing this with us.

SONU GOPI :cry:

Dr. Veena
27th December 2004, 09:02 AM
Thanks, KK for sharing. It is a miracle. I feel the survivors of natural (or man-made) calamities are in the worst state. Because the after-efects of the disaster would be in their memory for a long time.
Anyway, thankgod you are alive.

Best regards,
Veena

nirosha sen
27th December 2004, 09:40 AM
The sad part was though the epicentre was pretty close to where I live along the Malaysian coastline, parallel to the Straits of Malacca, the reverberation and its ripples of disaster took it much further!!! :cry:

It's indeed a day in infamy and I'm deeply troubled that even the Earth's rotation has been affected. This would indeed have a deeper impact on our weather patterns from now on!!! :shock:

suressh
27th December 2004, 12:35 PM
:(

my god. that was a disaster. hope atleast all our fellow hubbers are safe till date.

we have to be courageous to face
we have to be courageous to save
we have to be courageous to go through
we have to be courageous to survive

:(

NOV
27th December 2004, 05:36 PM
Sorry that I had to delete all irrelevant postings. This is a heart wrenching period for all humanity. Please do not deviate from the topic at hand. Let us all be together in this moment of extreme sadness.

Locking this thread. Please proceed here: http://forumhub.lunarpages.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=1072&start=15