PDA

View Full Version : Gulf Air

Miami
8th September 2007, 07:35 PM
Has anybody flown Gulf air between USA and Chennai? I heard they provide accommodation in Bahrain to make-up for the long wait in between flight connections. Kindly share your experiences if you have flown this airlines. What type of accomodation? Do they provide meals? Do they pick you up to airport? etc.

Miami
8th September 2007, 09:00 PM
Also let me know the transit visa requirements at Bahrain. And does the flight take-off on time for the next leg of journey? etc

chevy
8th September 2007, 09:45 PM
Also let me know the transit visa requirements at Bahrain. And does the flight take-off on time for the next leg of journey? etc transit visa??? i don't thing there is anythin like tht. as far as i know.. u ll need a visa to get out of the airport. as a transit passenger u ll be jus stayin in the airport or the airport's accomodation, which cud be some hotel that' u ll know about on landing. and u won't be goin out into the bahrain city so u won't need any visa., as fas as i knww..

yea.. gulf air used to be good.. i used to love is as a kid, coz they gave nice toys.. lolzz.. but off late.. i didn't like their food..and the service is okay ... some flights are really old.. but they are pretty ok... better than indian airlines i can say...

i guess ur flight shud be good as it's long one... maybe the bahrain to chennai trip may not be gr8.. but i m pretty sure u r transit shud be gr8 .. if u ll be staying in the gulf air lounge... their lounge is usually good.. ( i guess ull get the lounge only if u travel by first or biz class)

some of the gulf air services are gr8 .. like their air bed and all tht.. depends on which class u r travelling and also which places .. i guess the flights they provide between the middle east ( kuwait, mct, dubai... bla bla) to trivandrum or chennai ..maynot be al tht gr8 if u go by economy .coz there are a lot of these helpers, construction workers,etc from our country there....but frm the US .. maybe shud be fine..

basically it's good.... depends on which other flights u are comparing with ???
compared to qatar airways or jibreen or british airways... i guess gulf air maybe a lil less..
but compared to air india (i don't need to tell ) or indian airlines (u ll be hopin u ll land alive ) or oman air ( the flights are too small )

gulf air is better..

and if u r have gulf air frequent flyer card .. u ll be entitled to addl. stuff..

chevy
8th September 2007, 09:47 PM
Also let me know the transit visa requirements at Bahrain. And does the flight take-off on time for the next leg of journey? come on .. i dont' think u shud be worried over this.. taking off on time??? i m sure tht'll happen as long as the crew are not freakin out...and the captain is sloshed some where.. hehe.. come on yaar.. they ll take care of all this..

padmanabha
10th September 2007, 08:31 AM
the following is my friends remark he is a globe trotter

their iflight service is excellent but because they are now going through a financial crisis they are slack - for instance on my last flight we waited 13 hours in Bahrain and then re-routed through Bombay and there was no handling staff at Bahrain to assist even the passengers let alone free bees like myself. For certain type of tickets (I think business and first) they provide limo service"

padmanabha
10th September 2007, 05:45 PM
From 28th oct, JET AIR WILL FLY CHENNAI, BRUSSELS NEW YORK, MAY BE MUCH BETTER THAN THRU GULF.

Anoushka
10th September 2007, 07:27 PM
Gulf Air has great inflight service, aricraft is great, food is good but ground crew is horrible!

I've flown Gulf twice and have vowed never to fly them again.

If you haven't asked for a break journey and they have no connecting flights earlier than the 13 hours that you have mentioned, they have to provide you accomodation (a meal if it is more than four hours). They will drop you at the hotel of their choice and pick you up.

As for flight timings, am not sure if they stick to the timings, the last time I flew Gulf there was a delay and we had to fight to get accomodation for the night!

I should say that Gulf has more legroom than Jet!

Miami
1st October 2007, 01:01 AM
Thanks readers for your replies. I got a better offer from British Airways this time. So avoided Gulf Air.

chevy
1st October 2007, 03:15 PM
def. Gulf air has larger room space. BA is :)
bon voyage!