PDA

View Full Version : MaRupadiyum

pavalamani pragasam
31st December 2004, 12:02 AM
Last week I read in “The Hindu” about a Texas woman who had her dead cat cloned at a cost of rs.22 lakhs. Yesterday’s editorial again spoke about the incident decrying the practice of cloning pets, clinching it thus: “In any case, isn’t it better to cherish memories than to chase an illusion by trying to recreate a much-loved pet?” The inspiration for my following kavithai:

மறுபடியும்
துட்டுள்ள சீமாட்டி
கேட்டுப் பெற்றனள்
செத்துப் போய்விட்ட
செல்லப் பூனையின்
அசலான நகலினை
அன்போடு போற்றிட

ஐயகோ! இது என்ன சோதனை!
ஐயங்கள் செய்யுதே வாதனை!
மாண்ட உறவினை,
மனைவியை, மகனை,
மற்றும் நண்பனை
மறுபடியும் பிறப்பித்து
தொடரும் கதையினால்
தொடராதோ குழப்பமே?

விதியோடு விளையாட
மதி கொண்ட கிறுக்கிலே
மரிக்குமோ ஒரு துன்பம்?
பிறக்குமோ மறு துன்பம்?
வினையாகும் விஞ்ஞானம்
விளைவிக்கும் விபரீதம்

மற்றுமொரு மும்தாஜால்
மறையுமே தாஜ்மகால்
அநித்தியம் அற்றபின்
அர்த்தமென்ன வாழ்விலே?
அடுத்த பிறவியேது?
அனுபவத்தின் புதுமையெங்கே?
ஆழ்துயரின் அழகேது?
அழியாதோ அகிலமே
விரவுகின்ற வெறுமையில்?

pavalamani pragasam
31st December 2004, 12:08 AM
Woe to me! Don't come with vengeance to bash me for such a "kodumaiyaana mozi"! What shall I do??? Please help me, someone!!! Don't ask me to give tags etc, that was all a failure. unicode did work in the past. Why has it gone haywire? Anything wrong with my system?

RR
31st December 2004, 07:46 AM
Welcome back PP Ma'm!

Only 'payir' is not readable by me. Others are fine.

Kathir9999
31st December 2004, 09:09 PM
I felt like robinson crusoe.. for a few days when i came back in. Happy to see your post.. Though the usual spirit of a happy new year is missing at home-land. I want to say 'happy new year to you'.. For comments on your poem, I will come back 'morrow.

Srimangai
2nd January 2005, 01:53 PM
Hello PP Madam & other friends,
WISH YOU ALL A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR.
Lets us not allow the gloom spread it's wing in our mind space too , smothering the spirit -while we engage ourselves in contributing to the rehabiliation of the affected.
anpudan
srimangai