PDA

View Full Version : IR's New albums - Ver 2008

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

rooky
28th December 2007, 01:30 PM
With some Intersting Projects in the pipeline, we all hope IR continues his good run in Malayalam,Hindi,Kannada and most importantly a successful year in Tamil

Wishing all the Music Fans a Wonderul New year!

rajaalltheway
29th December 2007, 04:40 PM
Ayya lighted up Prasad with amazing melodies for the latest Sathyan-Mohanlal production.Madhu Balakrishnan,Manjari and KJY turned up.Sathyan anthikkad was seen giving Ayya a 7 up and saying thiss our 7th in a row

rajasaranam
29th December 2007, 07:10 PM
Ayya lighted up Prasad with amazing melodies for the latest Sathyan-Mohanlal production.Madhu Balakrishnan,Manjari and KJY turned up.Sathyan anthikkad was seen giving Ayya a 7 up and saying thiss our 7th in a row

Ayya romba poramaiyya irukku :evil: engala ellam verupaethraa mathiri theriyuthu :lol: ( NOM JFF YOu keep continuing to post such news in future too )

Sanjeevi
29th December 2007, 11:09 PM

Why raja should not take steps to tamilize his other language albums / songs. Even though he has given pretty good songs in other languages, there was no landmark album in 2007 for tamils :cry: . Perhaps 2007 was his worst year in terms of success. Sadly he is giving popcorn linke snacks to elphants (tamil fans).

According to me, remixing IR songs won't be success. Rather than remixing his songs musically, I will welcome whole heartedly remxing his old songs with new visuals atleast for his unpicturized songs such as Putham puthu kaalai, etc.

crvenky
30th December 2007, 10:01 AM
Sanjeevi, just for your info -
Puthampudhu kalai tune has been used in the film: Africavil Appu (Tamil).

rooky
30th December 2007, 11:51 AM
Re-posting..Movies in the pipeline:-

Tamil:
1)NaanKadavul,
2)Mayilu,
3)Dhanam,
4)Movie directed by P.Vasu's asst director,
5)Uliyin ooasai,
6)RajKiran's movie
and 7) the long pending "Ajantha"

Malayalam:
1)MohanLals' movie (sathiyans'),
2)Mammoottys' mega budget PazhassiRaja,
3)SMS.

Telugu:
1)Jai Vengamamba,
2)kalyanRam's OKKADOSTUNNADU.

Hindi:
1)Balki's PA (Amitabh and Abhishek)

***An Animation movie on AYYAPPAN in Malayalam,Tamil,English,Hindi.

Renault
30th December 2007, 08:42 PM
Rooky, add Quick Gun Murugan (Telugu) to the list.. Only Nan Kadavul looks big among tamil films :-(

rooky
30th December 2007, 09:24 PM
Sure it stars a Telugu star but I thought Quick gun murugan will be in English/Hindi.

There is also Muqbeer in Hindi which is likely to release in early 2008,which credits IR as MD along with KR

There are lots of "mysterious movies" associated with IR nowadays :)

B.T.W, There is a writeup in the latest Kumudham issue on IRs' dubai concert and says this will be Kalaignar TV's main Pongal attraction.

Anadhavikatan have chosen IR as the best playback singer of 2007 for "Ariyatha vayasu" and "paravayae engu irukkirai". Yuvan chosen as best MD for ParuthiVeeran and Katrathu Tamil.

In Tamil, IR had a better year as singer than as a MD.

Sanjeevi
31st December 2007, 02:21 PM
Sanjeevi, just for your info -
Puthampudhu kalai tune has been used in the film: Africavil Appu (Tamil).

I've not heard even the news :shock:

rajasaranam
31st December 2007, 06:13 PM
வருக 2008! வருடங்கள் தேய்ந்தாலும் என்றும் இளமையாய் இருக்கும் ராஜாவின் இசை பொழிவை நோக்கி மற்றொரு காத்திருப்பு துவங்கட்டும் :)

Welcome 2008! though the years pass by, lets start another waiting towards the shower of Raaja's music, which is always young :)

raja_fan
31st December 2007, 06:20 PM
RS and other friends,

Wish You All a Very Happy New Year ! :)

For IR, this is going to be a great new year but in Malayalam :)

In Tamil, let us get ready to hear a powerful background score in "Naan Kadavul" !
And his greedy fans like me (!!) will continue to wait for a big anouncement of a re-union with Rajni and/or Mani Ratnam :wink:

Sanjeevi
31st December 2007, 08:39 PM
Music fans :)

Wish you a very happy new year 2008

rajaalltheway
3rd January 2008, 03:54 PM
SATHYAN ANTHIKKAD signs AYYA yet again.After the unnamed Mohanlal home production,the recording of which is currently taking place,Ayya and Satyan coming together for eigth time.Movie stars JAYARAM in the lead,veteran producers KOKERS making a come back.Im hearing phrases like full length musical,romance etc etc...cant help getting excited

raja_fan
3rd January 2008, 05:31 PM
How many movies have IR-Sathyan done ?

1. Kochu Kochu Santhoshangal.
2. Manasinakkare.
3. Achuvinte Amma.
4. Rasatanthram.
5. Vinoda yatra.

Only 5 I can recollect ? Which is the missing one ?

irir123
5th January 2008, 12:59 AM
Looks like ARR does the background score for "Dasavatharam" !!
why not IR ?

irir123
5th January 2008, 01:04 AM
http://thatsmalayalam.oneindia.in/movies/news/2007/12/17/kamal-hassan-mt-film.html

it looks like Walt Disney is making a movie to be written by MT Vasudevan Nair with Kamal in it! what chances are that IR will do the music for such a project ?

NormalMan
9th January 2008, 11:48 PM
So looking back at 2007, there were no exciting + visibility projects (san if you care to quote Cheeni Kum). Looking forward into 2008, nothing either in the pipeline. With everyone deserting him, should I feel content that my iPOD is full with IR's magic numbers and should not expect anything more. Is it time for curtains to come down? Sad it may sound, but looks to me its the truth.

raja_fan
10th January 2008, 06:34 AM
NormalMan,

I have myself felt angry when people were commenting like "IR is on his way down, does not have it any more etc".

But now, I too feel like you. I am not able to look forward any more from him in tamil ( I don't look forward to Bala's movies..., sorry ! )

Here is a genius with everlasting talent , but who faded away just due to his attitude..

Pity on us (his fans) ! I have been in this forum for years now, I have seen times how this thread would be flooded with posts. but I have never seen this thread being so idle as now, without any news to post :(

I am sorry to type such negative thoughts, but couldn't help :(

ramk1
10th January 2008, 07:56 AM
Yes, Raja_fan. Your words are 100% agreeable. All depends on his attitude. A head filled with so much talent and an equal percentage of ego causes his fading away from TFM. :( . Even geniuses don't want to catch up with the way the world is going on. Yet this was the same genius who adopted himself, to the market when the situation demanded so. that was a time when he wanted to establish himself. that was a time when he wanted to make him indelible on the minds of his fans. Now, all that quest has gone and simply the common old man's arrogance remains. I don't yearn for 20 movies a year, but why he can't pace himself to the trend and churn out a few movies to satisfy his fans?. The other day, i was in T.Nagar. chennai silks and heard his old gem 'idhu namma veetu kalyanam' in annakili remixed and packaged with the recent trend, and it was catchy and was nice to hear. Why can't he come down and compose music for the masses?. why has he to think that the current film music trend is so low, that he doesn't want to compose music?. didn't he experiment with ossibissa in the early eighties?. didn't he experiment with yennadi meenakshi in the eighties?. the fact is that he can come out with soul stirring music better than his sons and he is simply not doing it. Atleast he can compose tunes and his sons can do the music arrangment. that way atleast we can still hear his soul stirring compositions. Wishful thinking i believe. I cudn't help this feeling of being let down. Can somebody who is close to him point this out?.

ramk1
10th January 2008, 07:58 AM
Even kamal who has great respect for him is slowly switching away due to commercial reasons.

raja_fan
10th January 2008, 08:44 AM
" Can somebody who is close to him point this out?. "

Exactly ! Is there any way at all that IR can know what his fans feel ?
Do any body here or yahoo fan club have contacts with his assistant / manager ?

If IR does not care about all this, then we are help less.

But if he has ears to hear us, he need not meet us..he can just visit this forum for just 30 mins in a month.

If this goes this way, then as Normal man said, we have nothing to do except to confine ourselves with the golden 80s,90s and brood over the sweet memories..

rooky
10th January 2008, 09:36 AM
Though it is true that his tamil films for 2008 doesn't give a great hope,there can be some new "interesting announcements" and i am hopeful of that.

In TFM, anything is possible.ARR had a terrible post 2000 in tamil for six years without any notable hits,but is back to contention with two out of three hits in 2006-2007.

One or two big interesting projects and IR will be back on song.Again, Anything is possible and esp with IR.

Till then,we got to look outside of our window for his Malayalam/hindi albums.I am always hopeful.

selvakumar
10th January 2008, 12:20 PM
I don't want to care too much on whether he had / has / will have EGO or not. As ramk pointed out, I want him to compose for the masses with catchy tunes. Hey ! Even "Kaana karungyilae" was good in Sethu. Not to forget the other tunes. With his music, he should first connect to the masses. (Not by composing Maaya kannaadi etc). I have a feeling as if IR is not keen to do tamil movies.

He is already 60+. Are age and personal problems playing with his interest ? Will his old companions join with him and give us what they gave !

Atleast for IR fans, I want Naan Kadavul MUSIC or the single song to STAND APART from the regulards :D

rajasaranam
10th January 2008, 12:28 PM
So looking back at 2007, there were no exciting + visibility projects (san if you care to quote Cheeni Kum). Looking forward into 2008, nothing either in the pipeline. With everyone deserting him, should I feel content that my iPOD is full with IR's magic numbers and should not expect anything more. Is it time for curtains to come down? Sad it may sound, but looks to me its the truth.

Ithanai Varushama Yaar Abandon Pannabodhum Enakku uraikala Kamal Avaroda dream Projectnnu sollittu 'Marmayogi'la Abandon Panna Poraarnnu kelvipadum bodhu Romba Manasu Valikuthu.

:cry2: :( :cry2: :( :cry2:

Yes We have to accept the fact that he is slowly fading away from the limelight only due the iron curtain he himself had built around him. :evil: And definitely not because he has burnt out on his talent.
Avar Exit konjam gracefulla irunthiruntha (Gavaskar Mathiri) nalla irunthirukkum!!!

Sanjeevi
10th January 2008, 12:46 PM

Ithanai Varushama Yaar Abandon Pannabodhum Enakku uraikala Kamal Avaroda dream Projectnnu sollittu 'Marmayogi'la Abandon Panna Poraarnnu kelvipadum bodhu Romba Manasu Valikuthu.

:cry2: :( :cry2: :( :cry2:

Yes We have to accept the fact that he is slowly fading away from the limelight only due the iron curtain he himself had built around him. :evil: And definitely not because he has burnt out on his talent.
Avar Exit konjam gracefulla irunthiruntha (Gavaskar Mathiri) nalla irunthirukkum!!!

Yes, very sad situation for IR fans now :oops:.

Only Naan Kadavul is in his hand now. After? :cry:

Only BR tells in his next dream project (Kutrapathirikai) he willl pick IR and I've no big hope this film will be pictrised.

Yuvan is going to start production house. Why he should not assign IR to compose music for some films?.

IR should avoid to do music form uppuma films :twisted:. It is the time to IR to concentrate on pure music albums. will he do?

vem
10th January 2008, 02:19 PM
Even his TIS didnt strike the right chord with the music lovers - instead he was accused of plagiarism by many reporters. I dont know how far this is true.

In a recent interview from musicindiaonline, Pyarelal of the famous LP duo, has admitted that they copied around 60 songs due to pressure. Of-course, it is hard to believe that they copied just 60 songs; i feel that other music directors should take a leaf out of Pyarelal by giving credit to the original music directors. Afterall, dearth of creativity is the cause for lack of melodies in today's music world.

rajasaranam
10th January 2008, 02:40 PM
Even his TIS didnt strike the right chord with the music lovers - instead he was accused of plagiarism by many reporters. I dont know how far this is true.

Ithu Enna Puthu Karadi :shock:

raja_fan
10th January 2008, 02:58 PM
In TFM, anything is possible.ARR had a terrible post 2000 in tamil for six years without any notable hits,but is back to contention with two out of three hits in 2006-2007.

I agree ! ARR had a long dull period after giving two hits in 2000 (AlaiPayudhe and Kandukonden Kandukonden).
But if you think, you can find the reasons - His two big patrons Shankar and Mani. Shankar's Boys flopped. then he went to HJ for Anniyan. Mani's Kannathil.. and Yuva flopped. So ARR had to wait few years to come back. The point is he did not lose his combination.

Good directors may fail occassionaly, but they will be able to come back with force. So ARR was able to sail along with them.

But think about IR. Apart from Bala in tamil, he has no other winning combination. Kamal was there, now he he has departed ( for whatever reasons ). Thankar to some extent was there, now he is also gone..Only hope is the new director of Mayilu.., but then he is yet to be tested.

Take in Malayalam, IR does not have too many directors to work with him. But a single man called Sathyan Anthikkad is able to carry IR's talent to the people. Idhuvum evvalavu naal-nu theriyalai ( IR can dispose of any body ).

So IR has terribly errored in his approach to people.

Imagine. If only IR would have accepted ChandraMukhi, it would have surely made a difference. It had all scopes for melodies and stunning BGM ! Why should some body reject when a superstar and the production house is pleading you to take the task ??

The fans can wait for even 2 years , but the problem is we do not know what we are waiting for :(

Billgates
10th January 2008, 03:19 PM
[tscii:8e42de439c]IMO, in today’s context, you cant compare ARR with IR simply for the reason that ARR has quickly re-positioned himself . Whereas Raja is still on his old frame & not entering into metallic music which his son is doing .
Sadly, YSR may command better premium than his illustrious Father. But his Dad is more ORIGINAL .
Worst actually is that even the next in line Superstars like Ajit, Vijay, Surya, Vikram..even they aren’t working with IR . Why ?
[/tscii:8e42de439c]

rajasaranam
10th January 2008, 03:58 PM
[tscii:ebf1e374e7]IMO, in today’s context, you cant compare ARR with IR simply for the reason that ARR has quickly re-positioned himself . Whereas Raja is still on his old frame & not entering into metallic music which his son is doing .
Sadly, YSR may command better premium than his illustrious Father. But his Dad is more ORIGINAL .
Worst actually is that even the next in line Superstars like Ajit, Vijay, Surya, Vikram..even they aren’t working with IR . Why ?
[/tscii:ebf1e374e7]

ellarum avara thaniyaa vittutaanga :( Namma rasigargal yaaravathu Film Industry'la poi padam eduthathaan (Balki Mathiri) avarukku Velai varum pola. :)

Billgates
10th January 2008, 04:18 PM
[tscii:663630671e]To me, Ilayaraja is an over achiever , a genius , a complete Musician excelled in all facets of music . Some of the records that he had set like the maximum noof movies in a year , the over all movie records, nobody can achieve that.
All these, had achieved those feats within a span of 20 years ( I am discounting the period from 1997 till date ) . I think, this is an awesome performance which even greats like MSV or R.D.Burman took a much longer duration. And its not just that he did those movies, a majority of them were super hits . He had given life to many heros who actually wouldn’t have made it big otherwise. Mohan, Ramarajan, are classic examples.

When he did compose for guys like Mohan, ramrajan, he didn’t look at the theme, story etc but was giving awesome numbers.

Its just a change and the change has happened totally in the taste of music followers.

One thing, he will not change himself to today’s metallic music , which means his albums might not get the hit status. Resultantly, the producers may not view him as a marketable man . After all its money invested no ? everyone will look for returns.

Let me revive the same old topic now. If Mani Ratnam can use his services, we can get a glimpse of the old IR for some more time.

Aa dinagalu was a decent album. I liked the songs.
[/tscii:663630671e]

rajasaranam
10th January 2008, 04:35 PM
Mani was ready to use Raaja's services anyday. For Iruvar and Alaipayuthey He tried hard to rope in Raaja. But It was Raaja who rejected those proposals :( Even recently he had hinted that for working with Raaja he should have a challenging script and given that Raaja is willing to work with him Its his pleasure. Namma Thalai thaan konjam irangi varanum If at all what he claims is true that 'Music is his breath'. If he keeps rejecting people like this one fine day he will be left with no work to do.
But nothing is lost for him. It's we fans who are cribbing about this, he is in his own world and I heard from a close aide that he has composed (Tuned, Orchestrated and Recorded also) around 500 songs in his leisure times and lying in the archives. May be He will continue doing that after he has become jobless.

raja_fan
10th January 2008, 06:46 PM
IR rejected Alaipayudhey ??
It is news to me..

K
10th January 2008, 06:46 PM
Only Film Music Is not Music, Music has no boundriers, namma THALA can play any where in the music world not only in Films, we the fans will listen whatever he produce, so let all wish him to produce great music in his life time.

raajarasigan
10th January 2008, 06:58 PM
Hey common guys...

IMO, just one album will bring IR back on track.. of course, we have to wait for some time..

I personally feel, when we fans are little bit frustrated :( with his Music in tamil at least for the last year..

Also, we are expecting too much from IR thanks to the very high standards he set himself...

to be honest, I am happy about our frustration which shows the expectations may be faded .... which help IR to give us a surprise..

IR WILL COME BACK LIKE A Phoenix... :)

irir123
10th January 2008, 08:20 PM
of all this, I DONT think Kamal left IR deliberately out of Marmayogi - MY is not RajKamal prodns' movie - if it was to be produced under RK banner, IR wud hav been the MD by default - i dont understand why DFers dont see this even though the Kamal-IR combo being restricted to RajKamal prodns has been discussed n no of times before

rooky
10th January 2008, 09:44 PM
IR will definitely treat us with a surprise in TAMIL.

w.r.to, Marmayogi, there were discussions in this forum which said Adlabs wanted only ARR and hence Kamal couldn't do anything.Now, the latest doing rounds is that Kamal has backed out from Adlabs and that GeminiFilms circuit would be the producers.Though nothing is yet official, if GFC are the producers, Kamal can certainly rope in IR..no excuses there.
Again, let us wait for the confirmation.

To me, kamal doing away with IR is unacceptable.remember he has always shown to the world that he is a HCIRF and he has made certain statements for IR which no one else has done in TFM.

one of them.. "IR is a great composer and when the statue of IR is opened,there will be gatecrash and the producers who say IR won't sell will be crushed in that crowd".

I hope most of you are aware of this statement...

irir123
10th January 2008, 10:00 PM
rooky: even if Gemini has taken over MY, there are issues such as contract (though i dont know the dynamics of sch things in the film industry) - if ARR has been signed officially (with Adlabs as producer), then I doubt if he wud be taken away, unless of course, the new producer insists so (lets say Kamal indirectly forces Geminis hand in this, its possible) - OTOH, if Kamal and ARR fall out like Kamal n LSubramaniam did (with Hey Ram), then IR is a possibility -anyways, we dont know how things wud turn out - but one thing for sure, for all non-RajKamal prodtns, we have seen that Kamal does not/cannot force the producers to accept ONLY IR - he goes by whatever the producer wants

irir123
10th January 2008, 10:02 PM
and IR undrstands this peculiar situation of Kamal as well! thats why they both maintain excellent rapport/friendship/ camarederie even now

NormalMan
10th January 2008, 10:22 PM
I personally think age is no issue here. Look at John Williams ,the genius, who is 75. He is still churning out classics - be it Harry Potter or the getting ready for Indi-4.

So all we need and hopefully it becomes a reality, is for IR to get to do a score that has high value and visibility. I hate to tell this, but he has to work with someone like Vidhu Vinod Chopra, who by the way for all he is, has an amazing music sense/ears. Remember he extracted wonders out of RDB, when RDB was written off.

Vkrish
11th January 2008, 01:23 AM
I think the fact is todays TFM demands atleast a mix of 2 dubbanguthu, 2 or 3 beat numbers including 1 remix for a film. IR will definetely not step down to cater to such requirements after churning out great classics all these years. most of the younger generation are forced to accustom to tune there ears to listen to these type of craps and i dont think this scenaro will change in near future. I guess this can be one of the reason why IR avoids TFM..

irir123
11th January 2008, 06:19 AM
Vkrish - u r right - even in the 1990s, when IR had to compose for movies like Poonthattam, he was forced to give a hopeless junk song, and even tho in another fazil movie, he had to give one, he managed with a different sounding 'adida melathha' with some amazing heavy metal guitar riffs!

IR needs a kamal movie now! not some cheran, chozhan, pandian movie !

raja_fan
11th January 2008, 06:26 AM
Regarding MY, rumours now say that Walt Disney is going to produce. But all news say ARR is the MD. So we can stop expecting a turn around !
Kamal and ARR fall out aagi indha project IR-kku vara vendaam ! Adhu echil ilaikku samam :)

raajarasigan
11th January 2008, 10:32 AM
Regarding MY, rumours now say that Walt Disney is going to produce. But all news say ARR is the MD. So we can stop expecting a turn around !
Kamal and ARR fall out aagi indha project IR-kku vara vendaam ! Adhu echil ilaikku samam :)

Why should we think like that ? If so, what you can say abt Hey Ram? It was the same case as you told for MY...

Who knows.. kamal would have fought with ARR just for the sake to rope IR in... :roll:

anyway, IMO I am not expecting IR-KH combo unless it is under Raj Kamal Productions..

I would be very happy if he continues to rope IR for his home productions...

irir123
11th January 2008, 10:35 AM
if its WD for MY, then its 99% ARR - one small feasibility report by any marketing company wud have told them abt ARR's market value - no way can KH argue IR's case with WD - unless ARR turns down the project due to some reason!

MADDY
11th January 2008, 10:43 AM

raja_fan - walt disney project is a totally different project which is going to be directed by BharatBala(script by MT.Vasu nair) and if IR is going to be a part of BharatBala project, then i think Harbhajan will be a part of Ricky Ponting's team.......

MY is a different project - where kamal is the director........yes, ADlabs pressure wud have made ARR come in the project - but wat i recently heard was kamal-ARR relationship in a new high - so i dont see this combo falling even after producer change - though it falls - we dont mind as long as ARR is happy abt it......

reg echil - wat wud u call hey ram then??? i think MD's have lot of pressures/obligations - they cant think like us........

RS, r u sure - Mani approached IR for Alais??? i mean, if that was rejected for bad script - how did mayakannadi and madhu made it into good scripts..... :roll:

raja_fan
11th January 2008, 12:04 PM
reg echil - wat wud u call hey ram then??? i think MD's have lot of pressures/obligations - they cant think like us........

I expected this question :)
For Hey Ram, Kamal approached IR first. IR rejected that due to his reservations on the theme of the script. And then when Kamal had problems with LV he had no other way than IR and came back to him.
Due to "anbu thollai" from Kamal or may be IR was convinced after seeing the film, IR agreed to do Hey ram.

So I don't consider it as "Echil". Kamal did not go to LV saying "IR is not selling". He went to LV because IR refused.

But here for MY it is different. If some body goes to another MD for a particular project ( for reasons like IR is not capable etc ) and then comes back to IR, then as a IR fan, I will call it as "Echil" :) Intentions are more important than actions.

For example, if the news is true that Mani approached IR for Iruvar and AP ( thinking that ARR is not capable ) and then went to ARR, then it was an "echil" to ARR. :)

raja_fan
11th January 2008, 12:06 PM
i mean, if that was rejected for bad script - how did mayakannadi and madhu made it into good scripts.....

I agree. Script could not have been the reason.

rajasaranam
11th January 2008, 12:18 PM
RS, r u sure - Mani approached IR for Alais??? i mean, if that was rejected for bad script - how did mayakannadi and madhu made it into good scripts..... :roll:

No it was not rejected for Bad Script. It was rejected for Raaja not wanting to work with MR. :( Mani an ardent Raaja fan is wishfully married to ARR, because IR wants the Divorce between them to be permanent, While Mani Time and Again has tried to get back to his former partner :) Hope they remarry and Mani maintains ARR north to vindhya and IR in south. :lol:

rajasaranam
11th January 2008, 12:26 PM
For example, if the news is true that Mani approached IR for Iruvar and AP ( thinking that ARR is not capable ) and then went to ARR, then it was an "echil" to ARR. :)

Mani would not have thought ARR isnt capable he would've thought about better deliverables in short span of time. With ARR Mani is always frustrated due the timelines i believe. He will always announce that the movie is not going to have any songs and later change it while ARR had taken his own time and delivered the songs. This happened for 3 movies as far I remember, AP, Yuva and Guru.
Regarding 'Echil' what if Kamal had insisted that IR be part of MY and ARR became a part of it due to force and later KH somehow managed to rope in IR? Is it 'echil' too?

raajarasigan
11th January 2008, 12:40 PM
[Regarding 'Echil' what if Kamal had insisted that IR be part of MY and ARR became a part of it due to force and later KH somehow managed to rope in IR? Is it 'echil' too?

:? :? :?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

plz change the topic from this echil...

IMO, MR is definetly missing IR's grand BGMs in his movies though ARR doing a decent job in songs...

raja_fan
11th January 2008, 12:57 PM
Regarding 'Echil' what if Kamal had insisted that IR be part of MY and ARR became a part of it due to force and later KH somehow managed to rope in IR? Is it 'echil' too?

No. That is why I clearly told. Please read the line within brackets.

"If some body goes to another MD for a particular project ( for reasons like IR is not capable etc ) and then comes back to IR, then as a IR fan, I will call it as "Echil" Intentions are more important than actions. "

MADDY
11th January 2008, 01:01 PM
there is no echil in profession......there are so many obligations commitments they have to respect - its tuf to maintain personal likes/dislikes always......i cant agree to any other views regarding this.........sorry

reg Mani & ARR - i quote myself again - Mani and ARR are like man and money - ask man to live without money, then i bow to Maniratnam :lol:

raja_fan
11th January 2008, 01:42 PM
MADDY,

I am not expecting any agreement from you on this. Thanks.

selvakumar
11th January 2008, 02:55 PM
MADDY,

I am not expecting any agreement from you on this. Thanks.
:huh: :lol2: Why :?
Neenga thaanae Rahman ah inga kondu vareenga. If then, arr fans have the right to defend him. They do it rarely.

Anyway, ithu enna echil athu ithunnu. Raja_fan, You won't like IR composing for MY or even taht Walt Dishney movie.. right ? :huh: since it will be an echil for u :cry: enna kodumai paa ithu !

HeyRamukku L.Subramaniyan kitta poittu thaanae IR kitta vanthaanga and he did a great job. Itha aen ECHIL athu ithunnu solli KOCHAI paduthureenga :roll:

rajasaranam
11th January 2008, 03:09 PM
HeyRamukku L.Subramaniyan kitta poittu thaanae IR kitta vanthaanga and he did a great job. Itha aen ECHIL athu ithunnu solli KOCHAI paduthureenga :roll:

Mela Padinga r_f intha questionukku erkanave answer pannitaaru :)

raajarasigan
11th January 2008, 03:27 PM
konja naalave TFMla 'Echil' endra vaarthai romba adipaduthu...

SPB recenta oru medaila MSV thuppina echila than athukku appuram vandhavanga use pannatha sonnaru...

inga namma Hublayum ithe than oduthu... :lol:

pongalukku ethachum venduthalo... :roll:

aana onnu.. eppadi New Yearna Ilami Itho ella patti thottilum kaekkutho.. athe maadhiri.. pongalukku "Thai pongalum vandhadhu" paatu than oduthu....

summa solla koodathu.. andha Naadhaswaram prelude irukke.. ..
kaekkum podhu namma man vaasanai adikkutthu...

selvakumar
11th January 2008, 03:29 PM

I saw that. This is his reply on HeyRam.

Due to "anbu thollai" from Kamal or may be IR was convinced after seeing the film, IR agreed to do Hey ram.

So I don't consider it as "Echil". Kamal did not go to LV saying "IR is not selling". He went to LV because IR refused.

If we apply his logic, HEYRAM too is an ECHIL. He was approached. IR wasn't interested. So, kamal went to LV. LV is smart enough to avoid this ECHIL or he might have understood it later from kamal. So, he returned that ECHIL back and poor IR has to score for that ECHIL.
I was referring to *IR composing for HR after the rejection from LV*. In any case, he shouldn't have done that. but what I refer here is : There is no need to refer this as ECHIL. Ipadi solli kocha paduthatheengannu solluraen. That's it :)

rajasaranam
11th January 2008, 04:30 PM
konja naalave TFMla 'Echil' endra vaarthai romba adipaduthu...

SPB recenta oru medaila MSV thuppina echila than athukku appuram vandhavanga use pannatha sonnaru...

inga namma Hublayum ithe than oduthu... :lol:

pongalukku ethachum venduthalo... :roll:

aana onnu.. eppadi New Yearna Ilami Itho ella patti thottilum kaekkutho.. athe maadhiri.. pongalukku "Thai pongalum vandhadhu" paatu than oduthu....

summa solla koodathu.. andha Naadhaswaram prelude irukke.. ..
kaekkum podhu namma man vaasanai adikkutthu...

:rotfl: :lol: :lol2: :D :)

K
11th January 2008, 05:31 PM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2008/01/a-tribute-to-illayaraaja-110108.html

rooky
11th January 2008, 07:07 PM
Posting this since MRs name is discussed here.

With due respect to MR, the genius director,w.r.to the tamil film industry, MR and IR are sailing in the same boat.They both haven't stamped their presence to the TN masses.

Its been long time for both MR as well as IR, in coming up with a HIT in Tamil.

MR could not reach the masses with his last few movies and looks like he has opted out of the tamil film industry.I do not see a tamil movie coming from him in near future.

We living in cities may be informed about MR or IRs work in other languages,but for the majority of TN,people must be thinking MR and IR are not active in movies.

I repeat, Both of them are sailing in the same boat...

NormalMan
11th January 2008, 08:39 PM
One wish from my side is, I want IR to score an album with heavy classical rock influences, with indian classic ragas.

Uravenum Pudhiya Vaanil .... had a great classic rock prelude. Something like that ....

app_engine
11th January 2008, 09:11 PM
ok buddies, let's now dwell LESS on what IR is NOT doing / should not be doing (after all he has achieved in career 1000's of times to what most people can even dream of, and much more than what most've already accomplished; both in name/fame/quantity/numbers/positions etc. and in quality).

Let's focus in this thread MORE on what he IS doing and a better wish-list, like NormalMan's e.g. above:-)

I'm looking forward to pazhassi rAjA:-)

irir123
11th January 2008, 09:26 PM
digression:

rooky: about MR - NOPE, I strongly disagree with you that he can be called a 'genius' - IR is GENIUS but not MR, who is just a successful filmmaker!

MR does not have a charateristic style of filmmaking, composing shots etc like say, a Mahendran - each of Mahendran's movies were classics, benchmarks and milestones in Tamil cinema - Mullum Malarum, Johnny, Udhiri Pookkal etc - and before u jump to conclusion that am a Rajini fan, let me assure u am not - but I like Rajini in Mahendrans movies coz he was in the hands of a genuine artiste/craftsman!

I gave the example of Mahendran to illustrate my point that MR does not qualify to be a genius - MR's success stems from his marketing business acumen plus indulging in savvy pseudo-pan-Indian identity based movies like Roja - which was OK to some extent, but post- Roja, with the sole exception of a brilliant Iruvar, an OK Kannathil Muthamittal and Guru (a lil bit), his other movies were mediocre - but they might have been successful, thats a different story

I can easily show a movie like Mullum Malarum/udhiri pookkal to my non- tamil speaking friends/colleagues and they understand/appreciate the artistry that went behind the making of these movies

I cant say the same abt many of MR's movies

IR is sheer genius!

NormalMan
11th January 2008, 10:55 PM
Agree irir123. Jhonny for example was a one of the best & subtle romantic movies made. Rajini & Sridevi had awesome chemistry, combined with one of the best soundtracks in the history of IFM. I miss Mahendran and more so the Mahendran-IR combo.

In this thread I read that IR has around 500 songs that he composed on his own. Wish he causally collaborates with BR, KB, Mahendran Balu Mahendra, MR, P.Vasu (trust me this dude has a great musical ear) and produce just ONE song each. Should be a deadly album.

app_engine
12th January 2008, 01:49 AM
Looks like Mahendran is planning (trying?) to do a film. Why not IR join him & work for this:
http://www.kumudam.com/magazine/Kumudam/2008-01-16/pg11.php

entertainment
12th January 2008, 07:38 AM

I saw that. This is his reply on HeyRam.

If we apply his logic, HEYRAM too is an ECHIL. He was approached. IR wasn't interested. So, kamal went to LV. LV is smart enough to avoid this ECHIL or he might have understood it later from kamal. So, he returned that ECHIL back and poor IR has to score for that ECHIL.
I was referring to *IR composing for HR after the rejection from LV*. In any case, he shouldn't have done that. but what I refer here is : There is no need to refer this as ECHIL. Ipadi solli kocha paduthatheengannu solluraen. That's it :)

I dont think LV was smart enough to avoid this xxxxx. The story I heard is that LV was asking more money for scoring music/may be BGM (ofcourse I wonder why Money started playing its role in the end instead of, the beginning). Hence KH had to get out of LV.

So, LV did not reject. Its KH who pulled it out from LV.

I, in fact, feel that it was IR's DUTY to score music for this movie. The reason is obvious, both owe each other a lot.

irir123
12th January 2008, 07:52 AM
KH has this uncanny knack of picking up trouble with almost everyone (including his gurunathan K.Balachander)! donno why, but whoever he associated with seems to have problems with him! we may never know what actually went sour between LS and KH, but during that time, LS went on record, denying the money aspect for the split - instead, they had some serious difference abt the use of 'Sanyas Mantra' to start with - donno the details - I doubt, if LS wud have split coz of money factor alone (if it was the case)

sounds similar to IR, but at least IR is straightforward, but there is something very disturbingly enigmatic abt KH!

irir123
12th January 2008, 07:53 AM
i meant gurunathaR

rooky
14th January 2008, 12:34 PM
Putting a little thought on, associating "Genius" to people is fast becoming something like our Doctorate title.

The fast-food commercial thought in the tamil/indian film industry fail to respect the unparalleled GENIUSs.

A new not-so-telented hero is very quicky accepted as a GREAT actor and people start saying, this new hero sells better than Kamalhassan and this new hero within a span of few years accepted as GENIUS actor insulting the likes of unparalleled Kamalhassan.

Same is the case in music.A MD who gives crap but mass numbers is quickly identified as a Great and then becomes a GENIUS insulting a unparalled genius like IR.

Perhaps a srikanth deva or a Iman will be called Genius in near future (ofcourse based on their success).

Though it pains to see our beloved geniuss not getting their due respect,we can't help it.

This is not only with filmdom.This is the same with other fields such as cricket or politics too.A Dhoni surely is entertaining crowds but how can he be talked in the same plane as sachin.

vem
14th January 2008, 10:52 PM
a genius to u may not be a genius to everyone.

there are fans for Srikanth deva and Iman. hence these music directors are genius to their fans. what is the point in accepting or not accepting someone as genius :)

if u like urself for who u r, then u r a genius to urself. if u like kamal, then he is a genius to u. To someone, who believes that kamal is a copycat (as he imitates Al Pacino in Nayagan), then he is not for that someone.

coming to the topic, IR has no good projects in hand - except that of the maverick Bala. and some of his new songs are also boring and repetitive. these are the facts. I dont know why IR doesnt accept good movies and provide great music as he used to in the 80s.

kiru
15th January 2008, 06:55 AM

Sorry Vem, I think there should be a universally acceptable definition of genius. Please see what wikipedia has to say about this -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genius

Here are some excerpts for the busiest of our readers :-)

"The classic skill of the musical genius is the capability of holding many different melodies in one's head at once and being able to understand how they interact with one another. It is said that the great classical composers (Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, Chopin, etc.) could hold five, six or even seven different melodies in their minds at once.[attribution needed] They could write complicated music with many different parts without having to hear it played. In comparison, the average person can only hold one melody in their memory. Mozart, who apparently completed his musical compositions in his head and simply wrote them down when they were completed, is supposed to have often said while drinking and conversing with friends, "I write music as a sow pisses."[citation needed]" (I think only IR in IFM can do atleast 3 or 4 part counterpoints to my knowledge, easily and musically. I picked IR's songs from a collection of kannada songs in my friends CD is his car based on the presence of counterpoints alone)

"geniuses have 3 things in common:

1. Systematic and orderly approaches to problem solving
2. Sense of wonder, ability to look at thing in a fresh, almost childlike way. They keep an open mind and a flexible attitude on all subjects
3. Ability to concentrate with greater depth and intensity than the average person
"

I also suspect, based on IR's quick response in many instances and his ability to play many instruments, speak languagues, compose poetry his IQ would be greater than 145.

I dont have the time/patience to justify IR point-by-point as a genius, I would let you all debate this, based on these definitions (or a definition from a better source).

app_engine
15th January 2008, 11:41 PM
The wikipedia "genius" article focusses on the "quirky" nature of some of the genius personalities as well:-) (and you know who perfectly fits in here:-))

Though IR is not in the "costliest" films of Thamizh, he is in the "costliest" of MalayALam :roll:
http://sify.com/movies/malayalam/fullstory.php?id=14586773

rooky
16th January 2008, 07:38 PM

there are fans for Srikanth deva and Iman. hence these music directors are genius to their fans. what is the point in accepting or not accepting someone as genius :)

if u like urself for who u r, then u r a genius to urself. if u like kamal, then he is a genius to u. To someone, who believes that kamal is a copycat (as he imitates Al Pacino in Nayagan), then he is not for that someone.

coming to the topic, IR has no good projects in hand - except that of the maverick Bala. and some of his new songs are also boring and repetitive. these are the facts. I dont know why IR doesnt accept good movies and provide great music as he used to in the 80s.

I dont think it is true.Genius is not based on once liking or the popularity.

For eg, in a particular field, there may be lakhs of "good" talents out of which may be a ten could be Greats and only one Genius.

Media do not pay much attention to the meaning of this word and are associating this to people ignorantly.That was my point.

Devar Magan
17th January 2008, 04:44 PM
Kamal kicked LV out of heyram, becuase LV cudnt come up with the compositions that was required for the movie.. IR the genius delivered that :clap:

here i read some posts saying that" kamal kaiyya kaluvittaaru... he wont work with IR again "

its not true IMHO.. Kamal has gone for a new team for marmayogi, because many in his inner circle, felt that because he more or less maintains the same team, all his movies miss that freshness in treatment or something else..

rajasaranam
17th January 2008, 05:24 PM
Kamal kicked LV out of heyram, becuase LV cudnt come up with the compositions that was required for the movie.. IR the genius delivered that :clap:

here i read some posts saying that" kamal kaiyya kaluvittaaru... he wont work with IR again "

its not true IMHO.. Kamal has gone for a new team for marmayogi, because many in his inner circle, felt that because he more or less maintains the same team, all his movies miss that freshness in treatment or something else..

In all aspects Raaja Would have given the freshness that the movie needed if what i hear that, 'the movie is happening in 8th century and a fantasy theme' is true. NO OTHER COMPOSER CAN DO THE MAGIC AS RAAJA DOES FOR SUCH THEMES.

raja_fan
17th January 2008, 05:32 PM
We will have to just wait for Pazhassi Raja !
I have all hopes that Raja will show his detractors what he still is capable of .

kingvj
19th January 2008, 12:07 AM
We will have to just wait for Pazhassi Raja !
I have all hopes that Raja will show his detractors what he still is capable of .

Does he really need to do that? IMO, to quote BretHart, he's one of 'The Best There Is, The Best There Was and The Best There Ever Will Be', like legends MSV, Sivaji etc. Do legends like them need to constantly prove themselves? :?

Agreed, that he aint of the old, but to have him under the scanner always is little too much.. (like Sachin...!!).. :D

NormalMan
19th January 2008, 03:12 AM
Here is IR below sitting in the crowd,
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/m/Events/honor_film180108/305788.html

And here are the folks who vindicated him,
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/m/Events/honor_film180108/305776.html
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/m/Events/honor_film180108/305777.html

Quite an irony when each one on the dais have abandoned him :-(

raja_fan
19th January 2008, 07:54 AM
Something fishy I feel regarding latest Kamal-IR split..

Kamal and his daughter seem to have moved closer to ARR camp. While Marmayogi is said to have ARR, his daughter is singing a song in "Vaaranam Aayiram" by ARR again.

In her TV interview on Pongal day when asked "Who is your favourite MD ? ", Sruthi did not hesitate a minute and came straight - "MSV".
She continued like this "From my child hood, I have heard many songs of him without knowing who was the composer. The chords progression would be excellent. Then my father told me that all those songs were by MSV sir"

She did not even mention IR's name even once in the interview which revolved majorly around music.

hmm..enna sudden veruppo theriyavillai...

littlemaster1982
19th January 2008, 09:22 AM
Raja_fan,

Get your facts right. "Vaaranam Aayiram" is by Harris Jayaraj.

How would it sound if I say Kamal and his daughter seem to have moved towards HJ camp (as Kamal's last film VV's MD was HJ)?

Billgates
19th January 2008, 09:51 AM
Something fishy I feel regarding latest Kamal-IR split..

Kamal and his daughter seem to have moved closer to ARR camp. While Marmayogi is said to have ARR, his daughter is singing a song in "Vaaranam Aayiram" by ARR again.

In her TV interview on Pongal day when asked "Who is your favourite MD ? ", Sruthi did not hesitate a minute and came straight - "MSV".
She continued like this "From my child hood, I have heard many songs of him without knowing who was the composer. The chords progression would be excellent. Then my father told me that all those songs were by MSV sir"

She did not even mention IR's name even once in the interview which revolved majorly around music.

hmm..enna sudden veruppo theriyavillai...

So do you expect everyone to appreciate IR's music only ! This is absolute possiveness :o

raja_fan
19th January 2008, 10:34 AM
Raja_fan,

Get your facts right. "Vaaranam Aayiram" is by Harris Jayaraj.

Yes. I was wrong. Thanks for correction.

So do you expect everyone to appreciate IR's music only ! This is absolute possiveness

Yes, may be. But I have read many earlier interviews by Sruthi in which she never failed to mention IR. So I naturally expected that in this interview too.

Hulkster
19th January 2008, 10:39 AM
Raja_Fan could you please relax....theres abit of hastiness and unwise decision making...we are here to listen to his albums no matter who the actor or dir is...shruthi has never said shes a fan of ir..she only mentions him due to her father's great admiration of him...and kamal will never split from ir...he only at times does movies without him if the producers are too inclined towards other "saleable" composers. Should we not be focussing on his albums rather than focussing on gossips?

rajasaranam
19th January 2008, 12:28 PM

But when asked to sing her favorite tamil Nos. She sang only IR's Songs 'Pottu Vaitha Kaathal Thittam' and one more song of IR. :)

I think Kamal should have played a prank on her saying that all the songs she liked were composed by MSV. :lol:

njv
19th January 2008, 06:32 PM
But when asked to sing her favorite tamil Nos. She sang only IR's

Thats what happen with most of the people. They are afraid to tell the truth. Not just celebrities, but also few bloggers who has all the freedom to express themselves but rate certain albums 5/5 by default because it is by some popular MD and rate IR albums significantly much lower. Enna koduma saravanan!

rooky
19th January 2008, 06:36 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/36007.html

I will certainly believe that there is a split with Kamal-IR,if Kamal indeed is the director for MY.If Kamal is not directing the movie, no complaints at all.I guess all IR fans believe the same way.

rooky
19th January 2008, 06:39 PM
We need not care what shruthi likes or hates.She is not a creator anyway and the only reason for the media attention on her is "she is blessed to be the daughter of one-of-the kind and unparalleled actor KamalHassan".

why do we care what she says?

rooky
19th January 2008, 06:48 PM
News on Fazil's next tamil movie with Prithviraj as hero.Produced by priyadarshan and reliance ent.

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14591365

raja_fan
19th January 2008, 09:48 PM
<digression>

PritviRaj ok.

Mamta mohandas ??
I did a quick google image search curious to see who it is..
hmm..disappointed..
Fazil, vera aal kedaikkaliyaa ? :(

crajkumar_be
19th January 2008, 11:28 PM
http://ganesan-maduraiveeran.blogspot.com/
So much for talks about "not mentioning IR" or his songs!

Spoonfeed:
unga favorite song-a engalukkAga pAdunga (launches into her version of "then pANdi" - voice + keyboard)

unga appA pAdinadhula ungaLukku pidicha pAtta keyboard illAma pAdunga - (Sings "pOttu vaitha kAdhal thittam")

Devar Magan
20th January 2008, 12:35 AM
Here is IR below sitting in the crowd,
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/m/Events/honor_film180108/305788.html

And here are the folks who vindicated him,
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/m/Events/honor_film180108/305776.html
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/m/Events/honor_film180108/305777.html

Quite an irony when each one on the dais have abandoned him :-(the organisers are at fault.. very bad.. Illayaraja should have been there at the dias..

vijayr
20th January 2008, 12:35 AM
Shruti also mentions in that interview that her favourite MD is MSV and why so. That was a little surprising(in a pleasant way though), considering the agegroup to which she belongs and her background.

ananth222
20th January 2008, 04:47 AM
[url]
unga favorite song-a engalukkAga pAdunga (launches into her version of "then pANdi" - voice + keyboard)That version of "then paandi" sounds suspiciously like "while my guitar gently weeps"...!

Hulkster
20th January 2008, 08:15 AM
Rooky no thats not the way..if kamal is the producer then ir will come in but if it is another producer even if kamal is the director he cant bring in ir...its two different things...why are all suddenly sounding ominous and negative?..the best part is the two people who are supposedly splitting are minding their own business and preparing to give us something to cherish :D

raja_fan
20th January 2008, 10:07 AM
Sorry for posting this here, but couldn't resist ( I have already posted in IR's news and tidbits )

Watched Jaya TV Raga Malika today ! Vow !!! :)

Regret missing the earlier episodes on Raja

Compere Vijay Aathiraj : "After the last week episode, we were flooded with phone calls saying 'fantastic' and 'excellent' !

Balu Mahendra : "Till the last frame of my last film, it will be Ilaiyaraja's music"

Santhana Bharati : " "Even after 25 years, the song ( probably from Panneer Pushpangal ) is super hit. That is Ilaiyaraja"

Vasanth :
" Life is full of contradictions. While BM sitting near me has never parted IR , I did 10 films with 10 different MDs. My first film Keladi Kanmani. Raja composed the songs in 30 mins. I asked 'What sir ! in just 30 mins ?'. Raja replied 'Dont worry. only composing took 30 mins. But the songs will live for years'.
The rerecording was pending while there was just 2 days for release and Raja started for Tiruvannamalai. I boldly went to him and asked
'Sir, there is only one day left. Can you not finish the rerecording ? '
Raja : 'Who told you I will do it in one day?'
'But sir, you usually finish in one day..'
Raja : 'but your climax scene is very good. I am planning to take 3 days'
We happily postponed the release date.
My ipod is full of Raja's songs. Raja's songs mark the important and love moments in my life. They form the rerecording of my life. I wish that I work with him again very soon.

Shoba Chandrashekar : "I am blessed to be alive in Raja's times"

SN Surendar : "I have sung Raja's tunes in dramas even before he came in to films. Mohan's films with Raja's music are very different from his other films."

Other people present were Deepan Chakravarty, TV GopalaKrishnan, Babloo (friend of Prabhu Deva in Time) etc

Thanks Vijay Athiraj and Jaya TV for this fantastic show ! :clap: :clap:

Don't miss next week ! More songs to continue !!

From Jaya TV to Kalaignar TV to Asianet it is Raja, Raja worship all the way !

Vaazhga Raja ! Vaazhga !

app_engine
20th January 2008, 07:44 PM
http://sify.com/movies/malayalam/fullstory.php?id=14590320

One more Sathyan Anthikaud movie...

rajaalltheway
22nd January 2008, 09:37 PM
go back and check my older posts.i had posted news on marmayogi and ayyas exclusion and about the new sathyan-mohanlal film.i was there at the recording

Devar Magan
23rd January 2008, 01:47 AM
go back and check my older posts.i had posted news on marmayogi and ayyas exclusion and about the new sathyan-mohanlal film.i was there at the recordingu seem to be someone closer to raja than what we are.. :P

Devar Magan
23rd January 2008, 01:50 AM

In all aspects Raaja Would have given the freshness that the movie needed if what i hear that, 'the movie is happening in 8th century and a fantasy theme' is true. NO OTHER COMPOSER CAN DO THE MAGIC AS RAAJA DOES FOR SUCH THEMES.i agree 100% .. kamal has comprised quality here..

but ARR is a good choice for the movie.. not the best choice though

NormalMan
23rd January 2008, 09:55 AM
go back and check my older posts.i had posted news on marmayogi and ayyas exclusion and about the new sathyan-mohanlal film.i was there at the recording

rajaalltheway --> Now that Disney is producing this film and NOT Reliance, would there be a change of mind?

rooky
23rd January 2008, 11:00 AM
And do u notice another thing.

Fazil's next movie in Tamil will be jointly produced by Reliance and Priyadarshan.This will have music by Raja.It is all the Director's choice that matters

MADDY
23rd January 2008, 11:22 AM

yea.....couple of bad choices in the movie.....one is ARR as u say.....other is Kamal as director - i think Maniratnam directing wud hae been the best choice, given Kamal's poor record as a director...

Kamal-Mani-IR 8-) - y dont u get this to kamal directly DM???

Cinefan
23rd January 2008, 11:32 AM

yea.....couple of bad choices in the movie.....one is ARR as u say.....other is Kamal as director - i think Maniratnam directing wud hae been the best choice, given Kamal's poor record as a director...

BOX OFFICE OR QUALITY?

MADDY
23rd January 2008, 11:48 AM

BOX OFFICE OR QUALITY?

cinefan - adhu enakkum, DM-ukkum nadakkura yudhham - ellai-la irunga, tholla pannadheenga :lol:

cinefan - i dont think, i, as a ARR fan shuld sit quiet on comments like "ARR is not the best choice" - so to make DM understand how it feels when ur fav is being called "not the best" - i made that statement.........kamal is a director par excellence - no 2 ways abt it..... 8-)

Cinefan
23rd January 2008, 12:21 PM

BOX OFFICE OR QUALITY?

cinefan - adhu enakkum, DM-ukkum nadakkura yudhham - ellai-la irunga, tholla pannadheenga :lol:

Oh!Oh!,BTW,still in Bangalore?

MADDY
23rd January 2008, 12:25 PM

BOX OFFICE OR QUALITY?

Oh!Oh!,BTW,still in Bangalore?

nope......settled in singara chennai :wink:

rajasaranam
23rd January 2008, 01:32 PM

ரோசக்கார பயபுள்ள :twisted:

rajaalltheway
23rd January 2008, 07:04 PM
when i was working in filmcity a few months ago i first heard about kamal and adlabs joining hands.one day the office staff were on their toes and i learned that Kamalji himself was there talking to Pooja Shetty and Pranab Kapadia(head of Adlabs UK).by evening i was pestering the receptionist and she asked me who Yuvan Shankar raja was...Kamal wanted this guy to do music while pooja firm on ARR..i felt so happy,kamal atleast mentioned YSR s name.Shiny told me kamal was talking about some Raja whenever music was the subject.My next mission is to nag Kalyanam sir and squeeze something out since somebody mentioned in the posts about the change of producer .

rooky
23rd January 2008, 09:02 PM
It will be great If Kamal-IR combo matearializes for MY esp if the director is Kamal.Going by the hints on the story, only IR can do full justice to the frames of the movie.

I know i am posting this again and again, "I'll be really be disappointed to see any other MD doing music for a movie directed by Kamal".

If kamal indeed has to go for commercial names (horses for the courses?), I would be more than happy to see Yuvan as MD.Some solace atleast for me.

MADDY
24th January 2008, 03:14 AM
when i was working in filmcity a few months ago i first heard about kamal and adlabs joining hands.one day the office staff were on their toes and i learned that Kamalji himself was there talking to Pooja Shetty and Pranab Kapadia(head of Adlabs UK).by evening i was pestering the receptionist and she asked me who Yuvan Shankar raja was...Kamal wanted this guy to do music while pooja firm on ARR..i felt so happy,kamal atleast mentioned YSR s name.Shiny told me kamal was talking about some Raja whenever music was the subject.My next mission is to nag Kalyanam sir and squeeze something out since somebody mentioned in the posts about the change of producer .

wow thats interesting 8-) ..........if kamal really wants Raaja family to do it, then it shuld be done since ADLABS are out.........CR or DM any thoughts on this??? :?

rajasaranam
24th January 2008, 11:48 AM

என் நெஞ்சில பால வார்த்துட்ட ராசா :)

Devar Magan
24th January 2008, 01:21 PM

wow thats interesting 8-) ..........if kamal really wants Raaja family to do it, then it shuld be done since ADLABS are out.........CR or DM any thoughts on this??? :?well, i will be very happy to hear IR's name as the MD for marmayogi... :cry: but, Chandra haasan is the producer/production incharge..

ARR thaan MD.. this seems to be the truth.. CH told this persoanlly to my friend, when he went to CH's house in trichy to invite CH to his marriage..

SO, i will be surprised to see a change... and i am almost sure that IR wont accept Marmayogi if ARR is dropped and then kamal comes to raaja..

Devar Magan
24th January 2008, 01:25 PM
ADLABS had little to do with marmayogi... CH was not impressed with adlabs at all.. they seemed to be too naive and childish without much marketing knowledge...

rajasaranam
24th January 2008, 05:48 PM
well, i will be very happy to hear IR's name as the MD for marmayogi... :cry: but, Chandra haasan is the producer/production incharge..

ARR thaan MD.. this seems to be the truth.. CH told this persoanlly to my friend, when he went to CH's house in trichy to invite CH to his marriage..

SO, i will be surprised to see a change... and i am almost sure that IR wont accept Marmayogi if ARR is dropped and then kamal comes to raaja..

What if your friend visited CH when ADlabs were the producers? If then the version ARR is doin music holds true. But now that Adlabs are no more in picture Iam curios to know what will happen?

Come on IR and Kamal doesnt share a relationship like others. Raaja will definitely accept If the Project comes to him. And Kamal knows what magic Raaja can do to his scripts. :)

Aanaalum Bharatbala perum adipadarathaala konjam en expectationa adakiye vechukiren :?

Sanjeevi
24th January 2008, 07:36 PM
After Pithamagan, there was/is no Big Projects in Tamil with IR (Exception Naan Kadavul).

I am very sad. Hope one or more Big projects will come into IR's hand.

BTW, today I saw a advt. of a film? called "Kangalum Kavi Paaduthey" with Big IR picture. new movie? any info?

app_engine
24th January 2008, 09:16 PM
>>Hope one or more Big projects will come into IR's hand<<

I'm not very sure whether IR himself is quite keen on this. I think he is content today to score some non-Thamizh projects, as long as his children are successful in TFM. He may still feel some responsibility toward his old crew, and that may be the reason for accepting even some stage programs which will help the crew members make some money.

While I have no great expectations from him for TFM anymore, it would be interesting if he does another project with Mahendran. Need not be a big budget stuff, but one that gets released fast...

Devar Magan
24th January 2008, 09:53 PM
well, i will be very happy to hear IR's name as the MD for marmayogi... :cry: but, Chandra haasan is the producer/production incharge..

What if your friend visited CH when ADlabs were the producers? If then the version ARR is doin music holds true. But now that Adlabs are no more in picture Iam curios to know what will happen?

Come on IR and Kamal doesnt share a relationship like others. Raaja will definitely accept If the Project comes to him. And Kamal knows what magic Raaja can do to his scripts. :)

Aanaalum Bharatbala perum adipadarathaala konjam en expectationa adakiye vechukiren :? at no point of time, Adlabs were sure to be the producers..

obviously, kamal knows that IR can create magic .. yaaru illainu sonnaa.. here, the issue is that Kamal is not having the full autonomy to select his MD or he had decided to try out a new combo..
AFAIK, Rajkamal had paid ARR his salary.. Rajkamal(CH) is taking care of the cast&crew of the movie.. KH is not rajkamal.. CH is the boss of Rajkamal.. and KH-oda Boss-nu sonnaa athu CH mattum thaan.. 8-)

Devar Magan
24th January 2008, 09:56 PM
Bharat bala has no connection with maramyogi.. he is supposed to direct kamal's next movie scripted by MT Vasudevan nair, to be produced by Walt Disney..

please do not believe in all these stupid media speculation..

Enna namburathu unga ishtam..

Devar Magan
24th January 2008, 09:58 PM
After Pithamagan, there was/is no Big Projects in Tamil with IR (Exception Naan Kadavul).

I am very sad. Hope one or more Big projects will come into IR's hand.

BTW, today I saw a advt. of a film? called "Kangalum Kavi Paaduthey" with Big IR picture. new movie? any info? Sanjeevi, IR is past his Commercial Prime... but, still his songs are the best to listen.. so, other MDs can never beat him .. :yes: IR always wins as long as his songs(old or new doesnt matter) are the best to listen...

but still we are all longing to listen to something new from him.. High potential-la yaaraalum adakki vaikka mudiyaathu.. oru naal vedichukittu veliye varum.. porumaiyudan kaathiruppom..

NormalMan
24th January 2008, 10:01 PM
a AFAIK, Rajkamal had paid ARR his salary.. Rajkamal(CH) is taking care of the cast&crew of the movie.. KH is not rajkamal.. CH is the boss of Rajkamal.. and KH-oda Boss-nu sonnaa athu CH mattum thaan.. 8-)

So is CH an adversary of IR? :roll:

No harm trying out a new combo. But going back and looking at history, KH-ARR chemistry was not a cherished one. VS gave wonderful numbers in Anbe Sivam. KH-VS would have been a wonderful alternative combo.

And finally if KH/CH think Mumbai Express was NOT new stuff, then I'm running out of words to defend IR's capabilities.

Mr. Mahendran, f you ever happen to make a new movie, please work with IR and rekinder the "Jhonny" spirit in him. If only wishes became true .... :(

Devar Magan
25th January 2008, 12:26 AM
a AFAIK, Rajkamal had paid ARR his salary.. Rajkamal(CH) is taking care of the cast&crew of the movie.. KH is not rajkamal.. CH is the boss of Rajkamal.. and KH-oda Boss-nu sonnaa athu CH mattum thaan.. 8-)

No harm trying out a new combo. But going back and looking at history, KH-ARR chemistry was not a cherished one. VS gave wonderful numbers in Anbe Sivam. KH-VS would have been a wonderful alternative combo.

And finally if KH/CH think Mumbai Express was NOT new stuff, then I'm running out of words to defend IR's capabilities.

Mr. Mahendran, f you ever happen to make a new movie, please work with IR and rekinder the "Jhonny" spirit in him. If only wishes became true .... :( i donot know ..

thumburu
25th January 2008, 05:25 PM
NormalMan, CH is just being market savvy like how any producer had approached IR , not because they realized his greatness in music, more so because he spelt audio success in the 80's , was a brand name .
What irks fans like us is when we have been discerning enough to appreciate the smooth jazz and all that stuff of IR from even a flop movie like MumbaiExp, their own producers have decided to walk over him and go towards greenback pastures

Devar Magan
25th January 2008, 06:30 PM
yes, ur bang on.. Rajkamal has become market savvy. The fact of the matter is kamal's song picturisation style is also a major factor for the commercial failure of some classic songs from the kamal-IR combo..

thilak4life
25th January 2008, 06:56 PM
yes, ur bang on.. Rajkamal has become market savvy. The fact of the matter is kamal's song picturisation style is also a major factor for the commercial failure of some classic songs from the kamal-IR combo..

I disagree. MX songs were aptly choreographed, and it's a good film. the only issue was the film was like a "soccer game" for the Cricket loving audience. It also has few extreme slapstick humour that fell flat on its face. The audience didn't understand how progressive the "album" was, because they were already underwhelmed of the film sadly..

raja_fan
25th January 2008, 07:16 PM
The fact of the matter is kamal's song picturisation style is also a major factor for the commercial failure of some classic songs from the kamal-IR combo

I agree.
Best example till date is Virumandi !
Think about "onna vida" and "kombula poova sutthi".
Also "Poo poothadhu.." from MX..

rooky
25th January 2008, 07:30 PM

Mr. Mahendran, f you ever happen to make a new movie, please work with IR and rekinder the "Jhonny" spirit in him. If only wishes became true .... :(

Whole world knows who actually owns Rajkamal.If a MD or any other technician is chosen by rajakamal, it very well means that they are chosen by Kamal and noone else.CH may give his opinion but Kamal is the one to decide.

rooky
25th January 2008, 07:32 PM
The fact of the matter is kamal's song picturisation style is also a major factor for the commercial failure of some classic songs from the kamal-IR combo

I agree.
Best example till date is Virumandi !
Think about "onna vida" and "kombula poova sutthi".
Also "Poo poothadhu.." from MX..

Remember Heyram.I have no complaints about the song picturisation there and what about the songs ghost-directed by Kamal ( Sundari neeyum, Kanmani anbodu kadhalan..) no complaints there too.

Devar Magan
25th January 2008, 11:42 PM
i am not saying that kamal picturises songs badly. :lol: his style of picturisation in his recent movies is not at all commercial.. its all about quality/realism for him.. and this wont work well commercially most of the time

vem
26th January 2008, 03:21 AM
my 2 cents on Mumbai xpress.

It is a ridiculously low budget movie with kadi comedies. I just got an impression that the movie was incomplete made without complete thought and planning.

The final comedy sequence where everyone asks to stop Mumbai xpress is somewhat hilarious, but too much of it really gets on our nerves really.

I am also very disappointed that Kurangu kayil song was not played completely. Also, the whole sequence of kidnapping looked so idiotic and pathetic to me - they could have atleast kidnapped differently without those big stunt scenes with a crane etc.....................

I expected a sensible movie, and Singeetham let me down so badly. The other funny thing was this competed with chandramukhi, and quite expectedly this vanished without a trace.

My post is certainly not to offend Kamal or Singeetham fans - it just brings out my utter disappointment with this movie.

vem
26th January 2008, 03:24 AM
Also, IR was unlucky that Kathal jathi and Kanna Unai theduguren were never released.

These had good songs like Kaatre Kaathe and Oor urangum

raja_fan
26th January 2008, 11:33 AM
REMINDER !

Don't miss ! Sunday 9 A.M Jaya TV Raaga Maalika.

Raja special !

rajaalltheway
26th January 2008, 09:34 PM
who on earth gave devar magan news like Kamal gave arr his salary and signing up...gosh...raajkamal films are not spending a penny on Marmayogi.The discussions on the movie is now beginning from the scratch.Some biggie production house(corporate) is negotiating after adlabs packed up.they are discussing huge funding,including revival of some defunct projects.Kamalji is having talks with Gemini guys regarding some disputes...wait and watch there may be surprises packed in marmayogi..

raja_fan
26th January 2008, 10:35 PM
rajaalltheway,

defunct projects ? what are they ? Marudhanayagam ?!

Devar Magan
26th January 2008, 11:39 PM
who on earth gave devar magan news like Kamal gave arr his salary and signing up...gosh...raajkamal films are not spending a penny on Marmayogi.The discussions on the movie is now beginning from the scratch.Some biggie production house(corporate) is negotiating after adlabs packed up.they are discussing huge funding,including revival of some defunct projects.Kamalji is having talks with Gemini guys regarding some disputes...wait and watch there may be surprises packed in marmayogi.. :shock: u do seem to be some informative guy.. btw, rajkamal is co-producing marmayogi and deciding on the cast

Devar Magan
27th January 2008, 01:38 AM
Whole world knows who actually owns Rajkamal.If a MD or any other technician is chosen by rajakamal, it very well means that they are chosen by Kamal and noone else.CH may give his opinion but Kamal is the one to decide. the whole world is wrong :lol:

Kamal decides on the script.. but production issues is managed by CH.. he is the BOSS.. CH's word will have a great value.. Kamal makes the final decision regarding the movie and its content...

njv
27th January 2008, 10:03 AM
Both rooky and Devar Magan are wrong. Gowthami decide everything.

Lets move on to IR albums. Raajaalltheway, any news about Pa or Naankadavul.

raja_fan
27th January 2008, 11:14 AM
njv,

:D

Yes guys, let us wait for the anouncement. Whether the boss is CH or KH, the gain or loss is KH's.

Regarding Pa, I think there are no solid plans right now. Yesterday I was going through Filmfare Magazine which contained details of the movies which are expected in 2008. Amitabh has been booked for at least four movies, but I could not find any details on "Pa"..

In just 2 months from now, we will have Pazhassi Raja and Sathyan's movie. Definitely both will be a treat for us :)

crvenky
27th January 2008, 11:29 AM
What happened to Dhanam? Is it on?

Devar Magan
27th January 2008, 03:00 PM
well said njv and raja_fan.. :lol:

Sanjeevi
27th January 2008, 03:35 PM
I think,Uliyin osai will be next tamil album by IR. I believe, it will has fantastic songs because IR is the key person who decided/wanted the story to be picturised.

raajaalltheway, any news on "Kangalum Kavi Paaduthey"?

rooky
27th January 2008, 08:57 PM
Whole world knows who actually owns Rajkamal.If a MD or any other technician is chosen by rajakamal, it very well means that they are chosen by Kamal and noone else.CH may give his opinion but Kamal is the one to decide. the whole world is wrong :lol:

Kamal decides on the script.. but production issues is managed by CH.. he is the BOSS.. CH's word will have a great value.. Kamal makes the final decision regarding the movie and its content...

sorry to be discussing about something that is not confirmed.But i have to add this here.

He has publically said thro' his interviews that IR will be the MD if it is a rajkamal production(we know there were few exceptions like Naladmayanthi).If he is not the boss, he wouldn't have said this.

Allright..I will wait for the official announcement :) and if it is not raja,am eager to hear what Kamal will say about the choice of MD for the movie (again if it is Directed by Kamal and/or produced/co-produced by Rajkamal).

Gaza
27th January 2008, 09:02 PM
few combinations are never meant to be broken...kamal with ilayaraja is one...bt rahman is def a gud choice fr kamal than himesh reshamiyya :oops2:

rooky
30th January 2008, 08:45 AM
It looks like ARR is not confirmed as MD for MY.

ARR never talks about MY in his forthcoming movie list.there was a recent interview in bangalore mirror two days back where he said he was looking forward to few hindi movies and then talked about ROBO saying it will be really exciting to work in such a project.This means,he is either not signed up yet for MY or he is not too excited about the project.

Back to IR's new releases."Kangalum Kavi paduthey" audio Releases today.

raajarasigan
30th January 2008, 10:58 AM
Good News -- "Kodai Vidumurai" by BM with Youngsters

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/jan-08-04/29-01-08-kodai-vidumurai.html

No news about the MD.. but it is so obvious that if it is by BM, then it will be IR...

I am expecting some foot tapping nos in this.. title itself is so refreshing... and we can hope this KODAI VIDUMURAI in kodai vidumurai(may be in May)... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Keeping my fingers crossed... :D

raja_fan
30th January 2008, 12:24 PM
rajarasigan,

Sorry ! not to bring down your excitement...
but I am really surprised to see some one so excited for a BM film ! :)

Devar Magan
30th January 2008, 11:19 PM
raja_fan,

BM padam exciting-a illaama irukkalaam.. but raja sir always excels in a BM film.. so we can get excited...

"Enthanai vagai" , the title song in sathileelavathi is just superbbbbbbbbbbbb.. its not so famous.. dunno why.. easily one of the best songs of the 90's

kameshratnam
31st January 2008, 10:58 AM
Dasa RR is by Devi Sri Prasad

raja_fan
31st January 2008, 12:06 PM
Dasa RR is by Devi Sri Prasad

What..! I don't get you :confused2:

raja_fan
31st January 2008, 02:02 PM
KKP audio launched amidst wordy duel !

http://www.kollywoodtoday.com/news/kangalum-kavi-paduthey-audio-launched-bit-trouble/

Anyone got to hear the songs ?

rajasaranam
1st February 2008, 07:43 PM
Any pointers for KKP songs? Iam away frm chennai and yet to get my own CD :(

rooky
1st February 2008, 07:45 PM
The MY forumpage always gets into IR-ARR discussions.
Check out the last three-four pages..

I guess most of the discussions on IR is happening in this thread :)

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=10452&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=435

Sanjeevi
2nd February 2008, 04:06 PM
It is enough to release an audio only in chennai street walls as wallposters?.

KKP is not available in MusicWorld, Landmark. It seems no shop has CDs or cassettes.

kameshratnam
3rd February 2008, 12:44 PM
Thats the big problem we fans are facing..i cud never see the audio cds of Inime naangathan...

raja_fan
4th February 2008, 06:36 AM
I was away from this forum for the past 3 days and eagerly came back today expecting some reviews on KPP.

Sad and condemnable that the audio has not been "released" ! Again only Raja's album meet such fates :(

rajasaranam
4th February 2008, 04:14 PM
Revising the post to save confusion :)
D/l Kangalum Kavi Paduthey songs from any of these sites:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1daygszjwgy
http://themediasite.net/forums/showthread.php?t=45032

raja_fan
4th February 2008, 04:27 PM
rajasaranam,

login details please !!!

rajasaranam
4th February 2008, 04:45 PM
The complete album is fresh and with mulitiple listenings it just grows on you. the rhythm section in almost all the songs are fresh and new. experimenting even after 30 years! athuthaan Raaja. Iam just hooked onto 'maalai nila' from morning. there is one more song 'Sollum varai Kaadhal' which seemed to be interesting but let me get past 'Maalai Nila' first :oops:

raja_fan
4th February 2008, 06:11 PM
Thanks rajasaranam for sharing the songs.

Just after a single listening and before trying if it grows upon,

my feelings are

Sorry, it is just an ok album.
As RS has noted, there is some different treatment in rhythm, guitar etc.

'Maalai Nila' and two other songs may grow on multiple hearings..but again I have the old complaint of "broken, line by line uttering" kind of tunes :( Where did all "flowing" kind of tunes went away from IR ?

Manjari could have been replaced by Shreya. Again Tippu ! why not more of karthick ?!

Well, all these comments are after just one listening. so may change.

After all, I do not expect this film to be a hit. so nothing to worry ! if it is a hit, i am happy :)

raja_fan
4th February 2008, 06:34 PM
"Naalai indha.." seems similar to "Anne anne.." from Kozhi koovudhu.

'YSR paattu nichayam undu..'

Idhellaam azhagaaga illai.

rajasaranam
4th February 2008, 06:46 PM
'Maalai Nila' and two other songs may grow on multiple hearings..but again I have the old complaint of "broken, line by line uttering" kind of tunes :( Where did all "flowing" kind of tunes went away from IR ?

After all, I do not expect this film to be a hit. so nothing to worry ! if it is a hit, i am happy :)

This is current face of Raaja come to accept it or lets be happy with 80's :oops: )
And one more thing Iam finding difficult is his music nowadays are needing multiple listens before we come to love it. some of his old nos, Which I get to listen for the first time even today, instantly catches me. But nowadays it's like let his songs grow within us. His music has kept changing over times and we are not able to adapt to this new kind of music he is churning out nowadays! Iam slowly getting accustomed to it :) but hey 'Maalai nila' was instantly catchy and is growing like 'wildfire'. 'Vishali kannnadasan' has done a awesome job to the lyrics :thumbsup:

And yes another wasted effort maybe :(

rajasaranam
4th February 2008, 06:56 PM
"Naalai indha.." seems similar to "Anne anne.." from Kozhi koovudhu.

'YSR paattu nichayam undu..'

Idhellaam azhagaaga illai.

Yes I agree to this. There was the same kind of lyrics in one of the songs in 'Ajanthaa'. (there it was like MSV, Raaja apram Directaa YSR was mentioned in the History of TFM, I didnt like they missing out ARR who is a legend in his own rights)
when they praised Raaja he was worthy for it. but promoting YSR in a Raaja Album is highly condemnable. Raaja innum intha madhiri 'jaalra' Gumbal kooda irukirathu avarukku nalalthu illai. veliya yaarum avara kandukrathey illaennu unamaiya solra aalunga avar pakkathula poi serntha thaan avarukkum/namakkum vidivu kaalam!

MumbaiRamki
4th February 2008, 07:07 PM
This movie almost has no names that public can recognise..mm..not sure how good the movie will be ..

Hey Maamu machchi - Typical 90s IR song like what we have heard in nandana van theru ..

Maalai Nila - Nice one , typical IR melody

Naalai Inneram - OK.thats about it.

Sollumvarai Kaadhal - One of the best preludes of raaja in recent times.Nice song.

Pottumela Pottu- When u hear the prelude, u are transported to 90s..How i wish we are still in 90s ..Kattumara kaaran feel song.OK.

On the whole,nothing to rave about . IR is definetly caught in his sounds..WIsh he translates the BGM sound innovation to his songs also !

raja_fan
4th February 2008, 07:19 PM
What I regret most in IR's "recent" works are the following list

1. BROKEN Pallavi and Anu pallavi.

It is like this. Utter one line - gap - utter second line - gap - etc.

In Madhu, Nilavai sutri - gap - kottai katti.

In KKP, Malai nilaa - gap - manjalile.

some kind of lack lusture plain tunes..

It may be nice for few hearings, but it is far from his 80's style where tunes will be immortal with that carnatic raga/folk flow . We still find this in his Malayalam tunes. why not in tamil ?

2. Same kind of "youthful" songs with a group of Tippu, Karthick with "chikku cha.. chakku chaa" or "Thanna nana" kind of chorus bits and mediocore lyrics.
I would love even if he remixes "Tholin mele baaram ille.." kind of tunes.

3. Again blame it on the directors..how many kalyana paattu for IR ?

"Pengaloda potti pottu" from friends.
one that I don't remember in Manasellam.
Now one in this KKP.

Podhumda saami. Vera situation-e kedaikkaliyaa ?
Raja-vukku idhu alukka villaiyaa ?

Raja, please avoid these kind of films..you may not agree to work with classic directors like Mani ratnam, but it does not mean you have to come down to this level of working :(

MumbaiRamki
4th February 2008, 07:22 PM
Exactly!
I would agree with all of ur points !

MumbaiRamki
4th February 2008, 07:24 PM
Again a classical example of a song where the broken-line stuff is not there ...

1.Dheemi dheemi - Shiva
2.Konjam Konjam
3.Kaatril Varum geethame
All these are very good !!

Im not sure if anybody missed it - comparing the songs,the BGm of Maaya kannadi was damn good and modern!

rajasaranam
4th February 2008, 07:38 PM
r_f,

'Maalai nila' Pallavi apdi irukku enter the Charanam and come back to pallavi, then the flow is absolutely blissful! atleast for me :wink:

F:ahaaaa...un meni athu en kovil ullam thaane en vaasaaal hmmmm....
m:un vaarthai pon maniyiosai nee pesuvathu ellam en paadal hmmm...hmmm..
F:neerindri vaazhgira meen irunthaal nee indri naan undu
M:nilam indri valargindra maramirunthaal ondralla naam irandu...
Paarijaatha poovondru paaravaiyaale theendiyathu
F:maari maari thenootrai vaadai kaatru mootriyathu
M:azhage amudhe pazhagum pozhuthey naal maarum kaalangal illai

Now they return back to 'Maalai nila' and it seems perfectly sensible to have broken lines after mini breathless verses.

rajasaranam
4th February 2008, 08:01 PM
2. Same kind of "youthful" songs with a group of Tippu, Karthick with "chikku cha.. chakku chaa" or "Thanna nana" kind of chorus bits and mediocore lyrics.
I would love even if he remixes "Tholin mele baaram ille.." kind of tunes.

Agreed on this. Antha paatta skip pannittu thaan irukaen :P

3. Again blame it on the directors..how many kalyana paattu for IR ?
"Pengaloda potti pottu" from friends.
one that I don't remember in Manasellam.
Now one in this KKP.
Podhumda saami. Vera situation-e kedaikkaliyaa ?
Raja-vukku idhu alukka villaiyaa ?

Correct Aluththu ponathaala thaan Rhythmavathu maathi paapomnnu try panraar Raaja :) And towards the end of the song oru northie style chorus kondu varaar. antha chorus'a develop panni irukalaamnnu enakku thonuthu :(

And as MR pointed out 'pottumela pottu' vaitha Trasport you to the late 80's and 90's.The whole song reminds me dangerously 'Chinna Kounder's title song. not only the tune even the lyrics. But the rhythm - kind of 'urrutti urrutti' drumming is kind of new!

'Mint Streetla ukkarnthu Overaa Thavam pannathu pothum thalaivaa'nnu sollalaam thaan...Vera enna thaan panna mudiyum avaraala, ellaraiyum pagaichikittachu :(

kj
4th February 2008, 08:16 PM
The only good(great) thing I found (IMO)after a first listening of this album is the slap bass line in sollum varai kaadhal. Its awesome how Raaja has integrated real slap bass with synth bass in this song. Being a Raaja bass freak this one song is enough for me. I found all the other songs to be ordinary. Many people seem to have ignored the album Madhu among Raajas recent albums. I think
it had 2 very good songs Nilavu suthri and Ketkavillaya.

Hulkster
4th February 2008, 08:38 PM
Listened to the album..i thought the orchestration and instrumentation was great...in fact i only like to listen to ir songs if the orchestration is great...never really bothered about the tunes...:D

crajkumar_be
4th February 2008, 08:40 PM
Yet to listen to it. Will do it soon.

Meanwhile, can someone tell me if the percussions are still the same lame synth stuff we come to hear in God's songs of late?

Hulkster
4th February 2008, 08:42 PM
Nope....theres a better difference...some interesting usage of instrumentation used...as rajasaranam said theres some freshness and experimentation in it.

crajkumar_be
4th February 2008, 08:45 PM
Nope....theres a better difference...some interesting usage of instrumentation used...as rajasaranam said theres some freshness and experimentation in it.
Thank heavens!
RS karuthukkala padicha odane romba exiting-a irundhuchu paatta kekka, aana Raja_fan has given a lukewarm response. Anyway, percussions being different(*) is a welcome change! :)

(*) - Raaja-va pathi pesum bodhu indha remark. ellaam neram :(

kj
4th February 2008, 09:07 PM
i am hooked to sollum varai kaadhal. I find such a use of a typical slap bass line very unique(i mean for such a soft and melodius song). This is definitely typical Raaja experimentation.

rooky
4th February 2008, 09:14 PM
My picks are "sollumvarai kathal" and "malai Nila".
This album looks little fresh for sure.

This album wont disappoint many.

raja_fan
4th February 2008, 09:19 PM
My response being lukewarm,
I also agree that the rythms are different and better and usage of synth has been reduced.

Looking forward to Mayilu in tamil :)

ananth222
5th February 2008, 12:47 AM
Thanks RS!

nice refereshing album.
Only complaint, wish IR stops singing songs like "maalai nila". The song is sure to be a big hit if someone younger sang it.

kiru
5th February 2008, 03:14 AM
A good effort in experimenting with rhythms..but why use an older sad songs orchestrations for maalai nila..ofcourse pottumela pottu is a recycle from chinna kounder. sollumvarai kadhal..never got the lyrics..slap bass..but the younger ones are going to compare this with some Rahman songs (and probably not like this). Overall effort is marred by resemblance to older tunes/phrases.
Re: orchestration - this is a totally soft rock/pop treatment here..could not notice or remember a WCM style strings/orchestration anywhere. (Ofcourse, all synth, but not bad quality)
Why is it that the recycles in Hindi seem to have sophisticated orchestration and not the tamil songs ? The Hindi producers pay more ? IR is really caught up in this materialistic world.

raja_fan
5th February 2008, 08:54 AM
On repeated hearings, I feel that in case the movie is good and is able to achieve even an average show, the songs are sure to pick up.
"Naalai indha neram" though a very normal IR number has a very good charanam.

Even "Maamu machi.." tune wise is good. But lyrics is still in the 80's..I am trying to imagine the same tune with some "modern tanglish" lyrics and think it would have come out better.

thilak4life
5th February 2008, 09:43 AM
Listened to couple of songs, they're fairly Ok, I would say. Need to listen to the rest, and if possible the whole album again..

raja_fan
5th February 2008, 10:11 AM
http://www.hindu.com/mp/2008/02/05/stories/2008020550050300.htm

rajasaranam
5th February 2008, 11:22 AM
Thanks RS!

nice refereshing album.
Only complaint, wish IR stops singing songs like "maalai nila". The song is sure to be a big hit if someone younger sang it.

Hey I too thought the same! Though iam big fan IR's voice this song would have suited better if haricharan/karthick/sonu nigam/adnaan saami have rendered it.

crajkumar_be
5th February 2008, 11:29 AM
Haricharan in Raaja's music would be a great choice. Karthik-o sollave venaam

rajasaranam
5th February 2008, 12:02 PM
Haricharan Paadi irukaar KKP'la. Aana 'Mamu Machi' chorus'la kaanama poiduchu avar kural :)

rooky
5th February 2008, 12:23 PM
Malai nila is definitely one of the bests from Raja in recent times.

rajasaranam
5th February 2008, 12:39 PM
My response being lukewarm,
I also agree that the rythms are different and better and usage of synth has been reduced.

Looking forward to Mayilu in tamil :)

Yes Mayilu has very good songs and rhythm patterns as we saw it on kalaignar TV :)

raja_fan
5th February 2008, 12:54 PM
Rajasaranam,

whatever we may talk, it is clear now that we have to tone down our expectations from IR in future, unless it is from Fazil, BR etc.

Illai endral, Rajavin indraiya paadalgalai naam thaan meccha vendum :(

Last weekend, I watched Thalapathi again for nth time on DVD..really felt sad..what a combination was that ! Ini eppozhudhu indha maadhiri isayai kaetkka pogirom ...

krish244
5th February 2008, 02:51 PM
Audio release of the malayalam movie "Manikandan" scheduled to happen on 14th of April at Sabarimala! This animated movie has 6 songs.

http://www.newindpress.com/NewsItems.asp?ID=IEO20080203234706&Page=O&Title=Thiruvananthapuram&Topic=0

thanks,

Krishnan

MumbaiRamki
5th February 2008, 03:38 PM
"And the 90-minute film, which has six songs, is also a big budget one - US $ 2 million, which comes to around Rs 8 crore, Nalin Singh said"

mm..This does sound good.

Hulkster
5th February 2008, 05:24 PM
The percussion techno mix at the start of the first interlude of hey maamu machi is amazing...i guess raja's music never suffers...the only problem is the tunes..but hey when he is reworking his old tunes with new orchestration isnt it a pleasure to listen?

inetk
5th February 2008, 08:53 PM
I like it!!
http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2008/02/05/kangalum-kavi-paaduthey-tamil-ilayaraja/

raja_fan
6th February 2008, 09:02 AM
The "haa haa" and "hmmm hmm..." humming of Manjari in Malai Nila's charanam gives a feel what I try to describe as a "islamic" style...
We have heard such hummings in one old song of L.R.Eswari with some TajMahal set in the back ground.

Anybody gets the same feeling as me ?

crvenky
6th February 2008, 10:22 AM
rajafan,
Its because of the raga used (Mayamalavagowlai). This effect can be seen in many of his MMG songs like Allah un aanaipadi, etc. The raga itself is close to Islamic chants used in the mosque.

NormalMan
6th February 2008, 11:02 AM
Romba summarana album. Nothing to rave about. Above all the irritating pauses between a couple of words is making the listening painful. No free flow of instruments nor a pleasing harmony. Songs will not last long ....

Again I see the work of KR written all over, esp., in arrangements. He HAS to be kicked out meddling with IR's arrangements.

raja_fan
6th February 2008, 11:13 AM
rajafan,
Its because of the raga used (Mayamalavagowlai). This effect can be seen in many of his MMG songs like Allah un aanaipadi, etc. The raga itself is close to Islamic chants used in the mosque.

crvenky,

Exactly !! I forgot to tell that I too get reminded of "Allah un aanaipadi" when I hear the humming.

Also humming of LRE in "Kallellaam maanicka kallaaguma". Is it also the same raga ?

Above all the irritating pauses between a couple of words is making the listening painful.

Yes ! This is what I am repeatedly describing as "broken plain tunes" (in my layman language ) which is getting dominant in IR's compositions nowadays :(

thilak4life
6th February 2008, 12:08 PM
Romba summarana album. Nothing to rave about. Above all the irritating pauses between a couple of words is making the listening painful. No free flow of instruments nor a pleasing harmony. Songs will not last long ...

Same here. :(

I fear it wouldn't age well (for me at least).

crvenky
6th February 2008, 01:33 PM
rajafan,
Yes, Kallellam is also MMG. There is a beautiful song Anbe vaa in Ezhai Jadhi which also gives this feeling of Muslim kind of song and Desert safari.

raja_fan
6th February 2008, 02:20 PM
crvenky,

some kind of telepathy is working between us :)
I was about to ask you about a Ezhai Jaathi song !

But not exactly the one you have mentioned.
It is "Adho andha nadhiyoram..." .
humming "Maalai nila" leads to this song in my mind some how..

Sanjeevi
6th February 2008, 03:00 PM
listened KKP songs.

Liked couple of songs initially.

but one request to IR

Please don't use Tippu & Manjari again or often, its getting overdose.

rooky
6th February 2008, 04:21 PM
Today there is an Ad in Tamil papers.

New movie titled "Anal Kaatru" to be directed by Balumahendra

raja_fan
6th February 2008, 05:37 PM
"Kodai vidumurai" changed to "Anal Katru" ?

both are not unrelated.
should be a chennai based subject then :)

raajarasigan
6th February 2008, 08:32 PM
[tscii:16b545015b]Anal Kaatru -- BM confirmed IR again :D

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/feb-08-01/06-02-08-kodai-vidumurai.html

In all likelihood, it will feature fresh faces.

“I’m certain of one thing,” said Mahendra, “that it will feature the music director who has scored for all my films, the maestro, Ilayaraja.”
[/tscii:16b545015b]

teja
6th February 2008, 09:50 PM
"Teja gets PC Sriram, Ilayaraja for 'Keka'"
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/telugu/article/36383.html

Teja & IR tried to team up a couple of years ago, but the project didn't materialize. Probably he'd be reusing those tunes again??!

IR composed a song in 3 notes for this film, which we got to hear later in JayaTV's show.

A big project for IR in telugu after a long time!

rooky
6th February 2008, 09:54 PM
I think IR is the MD for this movie too in telugu (earlier titled "okkadhostunnadu")

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/telugu/article/36386.html

DeepTrance
7th February 2008, 02:19 AM
rajafan,
Yes, Kallellam is also MMG. There is a beautiful song Anbe vaa in Ezhai Jadhi which also gives this feeling of Muslim kind of song and Desert safari.

I would also suggest that "Mookkuththi Poomele" (KJY and SJ) to be in the same vein.
Side stepping a bit, ARR's "Suntha hai mere khudha' in Pukar, will probably best illustrate the closeness to Islam that this raaga has. Then again, "Suntha hai" is almost a direct lift of "Kallellaam:.

raja_fan
7th February 2008, 06:28 AM
"Teja gets PC Sriram, Ilayaraja for 'Keka'"
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/telugu/article/36383.html

I don't know about Teja. Is he a very good director ?

rooky
7th February 2008, 09:12 AM
Teja was a hot young director in telugu some five years back.

He had superhits like "Jayyam" , "NuvvuNenu" to name a few.He has lost his way a bit now.I guess he had a release last year but not sure about its fate.

raja_fan
7th February 2008, 10:44 AM
"Jeyam" - was this the one remade in tamil with Jeyam Ravi and Sada ? But I guess director was Raja, Ravi's brother..

Sanjeevi
7th February 2008, 11:33 AM
Ilaiyaraja has extended the same tune he used to rag Kamal in Jeya TV's concert Anrum Inrum Enrum and produced a song in Kangalum Kavi Paaduthey.

Remember the kudikArA parama kudikArA song and compare it with mAlai nilA song of KKP. Ofcourse, it is not a wonder how a tune changes its face from one mood to another if Raja drives it.

Mahen
7th February 2008, 12:07 PM
Guess we can expect sherya ghosal to sing in all the new albums by IR..hehe

Sherya Ghosal's interview on cnn-ibn..She really look up to illayaraja and said IR is the best(part 3) and she also cheeni kum is close to her heart..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-vz3no796E&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVZ70ME0Wd4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NphObqLvPyk&feature=related

I wonder when will sun tv,kalaignar tv etc interview her bcos she's hottest singer right now in Kollywood..Someone pls suggest this to the tamil channels..Instead of interviewing half baked singers/actors, they should try to get shreya ghosal...

rajasaranam
7th February 2008, 12:13 PM
good to see so many projects lined up for IR :) But why dont we stick to new albums in this thread and all these news/titbits in the other thread. the purpose of opening such a thread is a waste i believe :(

rooky
7th February 2008, 02:54 PM
"Jeyam" - was this the one remade in tamil with Jeyam Ravi and Sada ? But I guess director was Raja, Ravi's brother..

Telugu Jeyam was directed by TEJA(sada's debut).The tamil remake was done by Ravi's brother Raja.

raja_fan
7th February 2008, 09:42 PM
Kanihaa talks about Pazhassi Raja ! Seems Hariharan is not any ordinary director.

http://www.hindu.com/fr/2008/01/25/stories/2008012550170300.htm

Devar Magan
7th February 2008, 10:43 PM
Raja sir should be very choosy abt his projects.. he shud do only quality movies... must outrightly reject other movies.. varusathukku 1 or 2 movies is enough.. this wud increase his market value too and will also create much more expectations from his fans and the public..

saw a song from madhu today.. painful to see that raja sir has composed for such a movie..

app_engine
8th February 2008, 01:24 AM
>>Seems Hariharan is not any ordinary director<<

Interesting, that there had even been such thought that movies such as 'oru vadakkan veeragAtha' can be made by ordinary directors:-) When you get a chance, please listen to the songs of MalayALam movies by Hariharan / MT combo (Bombay Ravi was the regular MD for this combo) and you'll realize why I'm hoping so much for a good IR score in this project.

Some of the movies by Hariharan with great songs that I relished while at Palakkad: panchAgni, nakakshadhangaL, oru vadakkan veeragAtha, pariNayam...there could be more.

irir123
8th February 2008, 02:55 AM
my few cents abt KKP:

1.'malai nila' sounds like a cross between 'oliyiley'(azhagi) (just the pallavi), 'oru siri kandaal' (mallu song by IR rendered by Chitra?) and 'allah un anaippadi' (Chandralekha)

2.'pottumela' is 80s style Raja with shades of 'thanandhana kummi kutti'(athisiya piravi) feel!

3.'nalai inneram' takes off from 'anne anne' and has shades of 'kakkala kannamma' (yatra mozhi) - but the charanam (with shades of 'malaiyyil manjal' from Manam virumbuthey unnai towards the end of the charanam) is classic IR - luv it! - this charanam wud fit well into a song for a Hindi speaking audience

4.'sollum varai' - has shades of 'manasathotta kadhal'(kadhal kavidhai)

overall as someone mentioned, the bits-n-pieces pallavis are irritating, but still its a fresh IR after a hiatus!

irir123
8th February 2008, 03:12 AM
R.Man Pasand is just not letting Shreya say anything much/more abt IR than a few words!! each time Shreya mentions IR, RMP changes the topic !?#*!

raja_fan
8th February 2008, 06:31 AM
Interesting, that there had even been such thought that movies such as 'oru vadakkan veeragAtha' can be made by ordinary directors:-)

a_e,

Interestingly, I expected you to jump in on this :)
If you remember, I have already posted my thoughts on the songs of "Oru Vadakkan veerakatha" some time back.
I liked them.

At the same time, I would say that the movie was good, but not very great to be named a classic style of film making.

But I expect a lot from "Pazhassi Raja" . Even one song like "Sundari kannaal.." with grand orchestration and visuals will make me happy :)

irir123
8th February 2008, 07:05 AM
Raja_fan: IMHO, for Pazhassi Raja, IR will not give something like 'sundari' - the context, the movie, the star cast, the filmmaker all are completely different! Thalapathy is big in terms of Rajini, MR etc. Big canvas and grandiose output.

For PR, the 'big' factor is in a different context - the 'big'ness comes from a different filmmaker who would ask/extract something more subtle and sublime from IR rather than grandiose! for MR and RK, IR had to give something very grandiose, while for PR, it will be more refined - this is not to underplay the quality of Thalapathy score

it is like John Williams scoring for a movie like Jurassic Park (big-budget, grandiose product) and something like Amistad (not as big and grand, but still very much a powerful human drama)

For something like GURU, IR went bonkers like Sachin against Brad Hogg, coz of the fantasy like story requirement/content - but with PR, it is rooted in historical facts, and hence the score will be more in-between what IR would have given for 'Marud' (if Kamal had made it) and what IR gave for Guru! its like Sachin playing a more watchful but equally brilliant innings on a two-paced pitch like the one in Headingley -))

raja_fan
8th February 2008, 08:31 AM
irir123,

Ok. I agree.
What I precisely meant is Grandeur + Usage of manual instruments,not synth (his old style) + flowing tunes.

As this movie is slated for an English dubbing too, we can expect something big from this team. Fingers crossed..

thumburu
8th February 2008, 01:34 PM
raja_fan, I haven't heard KKP yet. But what exactly do u mean by broken lines? Is it a new malady? Wasn'tl IR composing like that , way back 80's itself? Take "poongaatru pudhidhaanadhu" ,"hey oraayiram", "en iniya pon nilave" , "pon malai pozhudhu" etc. But the hollowness was aptly filled with great music , guitar/synth fillings . The charanams used to flow freely after the marvellous interludes .

vem
8th February 2008, 01:36 PM
any idea who is MD for Balu Mahendra's anal kaatru ?

i read that he has started filming this one.

cinesouth.com

raja_fan
8th February 2008, 01:50 PM
thumburu,

nice examples and question :)
I am a lay man in music technicalities. So I could express only by the words "broken tune".

Yes, in 80's there were songs with some pause. But they had a raga flow in them. Also as you said, the pause were filled with some good piano or guitar stuff etc.

Also they were filled with a feel or force like "poongaatru...Pudhidanadhu" or "Hey..hey..oraayiram" thanks to good rendition by KJY or SPB.

When you sing the parts "pudhidhaanadhu.." or "oraayiram" there is a raga flow..is it not ?

But think about songs like "Nilavai sutri..oru kottai katti". Some how it is very plain like reading the lines out of a paper. This aspect is getting dominant in IR's tunes nowadays that makes the song what I say as "usuppillaamal paaduvadhu pol irukku".

Sanjeevi
8th February 2008, 02:48 PM
The only promising album from IR is Naan kadavul. Apart from this, I am also expecting something from Uliyin Oosai since it is a historical movie.

hmmm pArkalAm

jaiganes
8th February 2008, 11:00 PM
I loved "nilavai Sutri" song a lot.
The staccato or checquered rendering is an innovation in my opinion and with the right singer and opportunity, I am sure that IR will make it sound more delightful. In nilavai Sutri, he had only he soft synth to support the vocal. One has to bear in mind that with the right orchestration this sing - pause -sing will be catchy
Remember "Hey baby baby" in Kaadhalukku Mariyaadhai? that was cool even with those synths. I would still give him a chance

irir123
9th February 2008, 05:21 AM
"poongaatru pudhidhaanadhu" ,"hey oraayiram", "en iniya pon nilave" , "pon malai pozhudhu" - all these songs had one common thing: novelty in terms of tune and orchestration - besides, we remember these songs not for the first two words, but for WHAT follows thereafter! it is in this aspect, IR of late is disappointing

njv
9th February 2008, 12:14 PM
Kangalaum Kavi... - Very very very very very ordinary songs. I am also HC fans just like most of you, but not sure why you are fooling yourself! I myself could predict the songs from music. IR ditching TFM again. Sorry :(

rajaalltheway
9th February 2008, 02:10 PM
Work is progressing fast on mallu animated film MANIKANDAN.the dubbing part is over and now animation is in full swing.Ayya will record songs for scenes already picturised a-la Hey Raam during march.Whenever phone rings at VIsmaya studios and if its from chennai technicians get excited and its RAAJA SIR RAAJA SIR shouts all over

rajaalltheway
9th February 2008, 02:13 PM
i think any HC RAja fan would love POTTU MELE song from KKP.Is it possible to find such pulse raising vintage rhythm these days.Personally i find MAALAI NILA very appealing

thumburu
9th February 2008, 02:17 PM
"Nilavai sutri" is my favourite too despite the pause between words in the pallavi and synth . It has "ok" interludes, engaging charanam that ends with a nice cresendo and the celtic like piece that repeats again and again is an attraction. I have registered my opinion in the same thread in 2006 when "Madhu" got released . Infact for me, it was even better than "ketkavillaya". As madhan puts, its what follows that matters most . I would be happy if KKP songs that have these broken lines sound atleast as good as "Nialavai sutri"

irir123
9th February 2008, 06:28 PM
thumburu - do i know u ??

thumburu
10th February 2008, 05:10 PM
Madhan, no. But I have been following TFM DF since 98.
rajalltheway, is there any way for you to diplomatically convey our hardcore raja fan's expectation [ wrt freshness in tune, great natural orchestration sans synth]and disapointment time and again with his recent tamil film albums ?

raja_fan
10th February 2008, 08:30 PM
thumburu,

Regarding your request to rajaalltheway, that is near to impossible !

IR-kku oru vishayam innum puriya villai.
"Kaetkka aal irukkum varai thaan endha katcheri-yum nadakkum" enbadhu thaan.

If he does not understand this of his own, "naan saappaadu poda thayaaraa irukken, yaaraiyum kaanom" nu polambi thalla vendiyadhu thaan .

Avarukku ippozudhu udanadi thevai, avaridam velai vaangubavargal thaan. Aanaal avaro jaalra-kkalai thaan romba virumbugiraar :(

krish244
11th February 2008, 10:23 AM
IR's "Aa Dinagalu" nominated under "Best Music" category for Sunfeast Udaya awards to be held on March 9th. FYI.

I dont know (have not heard) how good the music of other nominated movies are, but I liked "Bidu Bidu" (Rajesh voice texture and style of singing in this song is almost ditto like current SPB) and one another song of "Pallakki" (Music: Guru Kiran) sung by SPB

http://www.newindpress.com/NewsItems.asp?ID=IEK20080210161515&Page=K&Title=Southern+News+-+Karnataka&Topic=0

thanks,

Krishnan

venky_vinod
13th February 2008, 03:02 AM
I was away from this forum for the past 3 days and eagerly came back today expecting some reviews on KPP.

Sad and condemnable that the audio has not been "released" ! Again only Raja's album meet such fates :(

Somehow Raaja's recent albums seem to get into such distribution issues. Remember the shortage of TiS cassettes during the release time ???

I personally feel that in today's marketing world where every bloody thing is being sold as a 'one-of-the-kind' stuff, what Raaja seriously needs is a good marketing / distribution network. You look at all other people who are in the news for all right reasons - you know it is publicity. That is why you have many 'geniuses', many 'blockbusters', etc. - it is all sold that way.

Even music popularity has soared today mainly because of the publicity media available - if you have 10 music channels / FM radios blaring your clips 24x7, even a mediocre number would inadvertantly get into the listener's mind.

Boss, in a world where you have to erect a huge pink glowsign saying "Roses" with some animation even in front of a huge rose garden, being publicity-shy is a noble thought but not a successful one.

This is not just about Raaja's music. This happens in our everyday lives also. Personally too, even if I would like to let my work speak for me, if I have to get attention, then I have to let some buzz happen about my work.

jaiganes
13th February 2008, 09:37 PM
At last listened to KKP.
Instant catch Sollum Varai Kaadhal" As youthful and gentle as it can get. There was a light lift in the songs and listening to it while working is another bliss. Dont know what Rajasaranam got crossed about this song. it is a beautiful song.

Maala nila is another amazing number with so much of "Deja Vu" thanks to the Raagam and the prayogam by IR and Manjari. I find Manjari's voice in both these songs to be apt and pleasing. IR struggles to sing Maalai Nila an SPB would have made it the years best song kinda feel.

Other songs probably serve the cinematic requirements than an album's. In spite of that Pottu Mela was good considering the restrictions. I hope Mamu machi is not in the film at all.

As Karthik has mentioned in his review, this album is a 'likeable album' and if you are playing it in your car, I guess you would be pressing "repeat" for "Sollum varai" and like teletubbies would say "Again again again."

K
13th February 2008, 10:13 PM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2008/02/13-paruthi-eeran-goes-to-berlin-film-fest.html

Ameer Joins With IR for Kannabiraan

app_engine
14th February 2008, 01:17 AM
I think this 'kaNNabirAn' thing may be a siNdu mudiyal. If it's real, it would be better if IR encourages Ameer to continue to work with YSR. If he still insists, only agree to do BGM.

From what I've seen, Ameer is a very capable director (I liked Ram, excellent but PV wasn't impressive, especially his choice of grAmiya music was very unimaginative) and may get a great score from IR. However, whether he can work without awe for IR and also with a better wavelength with him than with YSR cannot be predicted. He had better stick to his own team and continue to nurture his youthful combo. A failure here is not going to make or break IR but Ameer will have to hear 1000 unwanted ridicules w.r.t choice of MD in case of a flop movie.

rajasaranam
14th February 2008, 11:45 AM
At last listened to KKP.
Instant catch Sollum Varai Kaadhal" As youthful and gentle as it can get. There was a light lift in the songs and listening to it while working is another bliss. Dont know what Rajasaranam got crossed about this song. it is a beautiful song.

Maala nila is another amazing number with so much of "Deja Vu" thanks to the Raagam and the prayogam by IR and Manjari. I find Manjari's voice in both these songs to be apt and pleasing. IR struggles to sing Maalai Nila an SPB would have made it the years best song kinda feel.

Other songs probably serve the cinematic requirements than an album's. In spite of that Pottu Mela was good considering the restrictions. I hope Mamu machi is not in the film at all.

As Karthik has mentioned in his review, this album is a 'likeable album' and if you are playing it in your car, I guess you would be pressing "repeat" for "Sollum varai" and like teletubbies would say "Again again again."

I never said i didnt like this song :roll: I liked maalai nila better. may be due to the connection with 'Oliyile Therivathu' kind of tune :)

irir123
15th February 2008, 03:00 AM
where can I get/order INDIA 24HRS CD online ?

baroque
15th February 2008, 11:05 AM
Amaze at the romance & energy exchange between Balu & Janaki in KARAGATAKARAN!
Let them fill your heart with love & joy on this VALENTINE's DAY

Valentine's day wishes from Shri.Ilayaraaja to you guys!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Yosn5A8ANI&feature=related

:bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump: :redjump: :musicsmile: :ty: Shri.Ilayaraaja!

raja_fan
15th February 2008, 12:04 PM
baroque,

When did you become the PRO of IR ? :)

thumburu
15th February 2008, 02:00 PM
raja_fan, she[baroque] is not a PR just for IR but for any good music coming from anywhere. Vinatha, what an exuberant celebration of love!!!

rajasaranam
15th February 2008, 05:21 PM
Amaze at the romance & energy exchange between Balu & Janaki in KARAGATAKARAN!
Let them fill your heart with love & joy on this VALENTINE's DAY

Valentine's day wishes from Shri.Ilayaraaja to you guys!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Yosn5A8ANI&feature=related

:bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump: :redjump: :musicsmile: :ty: Shri.Ilayaraaja!

thanks for the song! one more song i 'love' when i think of 'love'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn35hmgNTHs

rajasaranam
15th February 2008, 05:51 PM
and another
http://music.cooltoad.com/music/song.php?id=121556
:musicsmile: :swinghead:

raja_fan
15th February 2008, 06:10 PM
VOTE FOR IR FOR "Aah Dinagalu" !

AIRTEL : SMS "SUNFEAST X" to 58585.

Or send your vote by email to

sunfeastudayafilmawards@itc.in

BSNL and Vodafone, I will post soon !

Hurry up ! I think the competition will be tight between IR and Manohar ( MD of Duniya ).

Let us make IR win !

irir123
15th February 2008, 06:25 PM
rajasaranam - albums like 'gopur' had IR smashing away elegant cover drives and casual flicks over long leg! lucky priyadharshan who thankfully picturised them with some imagination!

raja_fan
15th February 2008, 07:08 PM
SMS : SUNFEAST X

to

55858 Reliance spice VODAFONE

58580 BSNL

58585 Airtel

baroque
15th February 2008, 10:11 PM
raja_fan,
His music is his PRO!

thumburu, :ty: for the kind words!

Rajasaranam, KAADHAL KAVIDHAIGAL....Raaja keeps you needy with that song. LUST on a friday morning!
You bad boy!
But Vinatha likes it! YUMMY! :)
:2thumbsup: :bluejump: :redjump: :musicsmile:
some of you are very spoiled by Ilayaraaja!

Hulkster
16th February 2008, 06:31 PM
http://video.aol.com/video-detail/sms-malayalam-2007-movie-trailor/15043499

The trailer has some haunting music with electric guitar influences..:D