PDA

View Full Version : Frederic Forsyth

Oldposts
2nd January 2005, 11:53 AM
Topic started by JayBee (@ bkj-cache81.jaring.my) on Sat Oct 21 09:02:51 .

Any devotees of Frederic Forsyth around?

Oldposts
oops dr.jb i didnt see this one first. i went
to the history section first and posted on the
kadal pura thread.

i have read all novels of forsyth and am searching
for a copy of "the biafra story".Is it available online?
Its very sad that he stopped his trade mark thrillers
after "ICON".
When i heard that he has come out of retirement with
"the phantom of the manhattan" i was over joyed and
immediately got hold of it. But i was greatly disappointed
by it.The feeling i got was, forsyth is getting old
and has forgotten his master touch.

Oldposts
hi bala,
The Phantom of Manhattan was basically a sequel to the Phantom Of the Opera, and hence did not give enough scope for Forsyth's trademark immaculate research, hence was more clasical than all his other novels.

Oldposts
Whatever has happened to the 'Old Responses'?

Oldposts
Guys, am reviving this thread for some nice snippets abt the master of intrigue, the God of fiction Frederick Forsyth

Oldposts
hi all,

read "the veteran". its ok, but certainly not amongst his better works

Oldposts
hi friends,

I recently read Forsyth's antho;ogy of short stories 'The veteran'. A real tour de force. Especially the title story('the triumph of justice' line was masterclass)

Oldposts
Especially "The Veteran" 's final twist will knock you out indeed, but the other stories in the anthology are top quality as well. Does this man have a research team available or something?)

Anyone out there knows of other short story anthologies by FF?

Oldposts
Forsth's no comebacks was a master piece.. It was revealing to find such a humorist in forsyth especially after reading day of the jackal, devil's alternative and odessa file.

Oldposts
Paul Adriaenssens
'no comebacks' is a collection of short stories

Oldposts
I heve newly read The Fourth Protocol. I think it was really thrilling.Two days after I have finished I watched the film but it was miserable.
Are the other films a little like the books.

Oldposts
I think The Negotiator is one of Forsyth's best. The characters here seem a little bit alive compare to cardboard characters from Forsyth's other novels. The plot developed well and events unfolds nicely. Thought its ending was cliche, but I am a sucker for stories where the hero gets the girl!

Oldposts
hey guyz
dont u pepl think freds the best 1 out there .man i cud not sleep after i had that multi dose of all those fundas in fourth protocol.the deciever was equally good.man did he get me imotionally supportive of sam mcready.hes the best.no doubt.anybody interested in mailin me an knowing a cool n crazy guy are welcome

Oldposts
Anybody knows where can I find a biography of Frederic Forshyth, it's a homework and I cant really find info about him... heh

Oldposts
Anybody knows where can I find a biography of Frederic Forshyth, it's a homework and I cant really find info about him... heh

Oldposts
aasasas

Oldposts
Does he not have a web-site?

Oldposts
I first read The Odessa File. Immediately I noticed that Forsyth had the ability to weave current events with fiction so seamlessly that one could not tell where the fiction began. He literally had the ability to make you believe that the evildoers had somehow come into your world via his typewriter. In later works I recall having the feeling that I dare not put his book down, fearing that something would happen while I was gone. I wonder if anyone out there could post the titles and dates of all his books?

Oldposts
Yes .That is true. I read most of Fredrick Forsyth's novels in one sitting. I bunked some of my classes in my college years just for finishing the book.of all his novels the day of the jackal was well made as a movie. Next comes odessa file.

Oldposts
Yes .That is true. I read most of Fredrick Forsyth's novels in one sitting. I bunked some of my classes in my college years just for finishing the book.of all his novels the day of the jackal was well made as a movie. Next comes odessa file.

Oldposts
i would say most of FFs novels end in cliches.'fourth protocol' was very much thrilling in its theme,though the ending was not at all comparable to the greatness of the theme.i happened to read 'great flying stories' by the same man,it was very much disappointing..Odessa File,Day of Jackal are okay.Another novel worth mentioning is 'Dogs of War',which i would say,is his best.currently reading 'The Negotiator'.

Oldposts
How come nobody talks about Avenger, a slick and racy beauty of a thriller?

Oldposts
http://www.iomx.com/online_ebooks.htm

Oldposts
FF's research really is commendable, be it africa (dogs of war) or europe (odessa file, negotiator) or the middle east (fist of god), he seems so familiar with all of them as if it were all his backyard. Though it is almost impossible to judge which one is the best, i was particularly fascniated my the fist of god. one just cant figure out where facts end and fiction starts.

Oldposts
The Fourth Protocol remains my best
Ogonna, Nigeria
+234 803 786 1990

Oldposts
I have read Avenger. A slick thriller.

But still I feel his best 3 are (in the following order):

A) Negotiator
B) The Icon
C) Fist of God

Oldposts
I really apreciate Frederic, I am now for the fourth book and to me - the negociator. I really fail to imagine how he does that.The Jackal was fantastic

Oldposts
Madhurabarathi, I agree with you. I am in the middle of reading my 1st Frederic Forsyth book - the Avenger. I am totally hooked (still reading at 2:15 am when I know I will have to be up at 7:00 !!). I will eventually go through the whole of his books.

Oldposts
hi guys
this is my first post and i found this great unofficial site of FREDRICK FORSYTH,and i think you must check it.
the site is
"http://www.whirlnet.co.uk/forsyth/" (http://www.whirlnet.co.uk/forsyth/)

i collect F.F's books and right now i have 9 out of his 15 fiction titles and hope to get the rest.

read "the devils's alternative".....the best political fiction title i've ever read
<a name="last"></a>

igor
8th April 2005, 10:42 PM
could someone please list all the books written by Forsyth? how many are there? i can count 14.