PDA

View Full Version : Tamil Film Heroes - Analysis

Pages : [1] 2

cinemalover
4th June 2008, 01:28 PM
i am a freelance movie writer
i mean i write about cinema in general
and also i have a vast database of tamil cinema
which i have collected over the years with detailed study observation analysis and chatting with cine people and getting insider information of cinema world.

so whatever i write is not out of personal like and dislike but based on the above points.

also as a avid cinemalover i dont like any actress in particular after sridevi, but i make decisisons out of above mentioned points.

Vivasaayi
4th June 2008, 02:09 PM
i am a freelance movie writer
i mean i write about cinema in general
and also i have a vast database of tamil cinema
which i have collected over the years with detailed study observation analysis and chatting with cine people and getting insider information of cinema world.

write about the real position of vijay,ajith :lol2:

lots of hype around media regarding their rivalry for best position

cinemalover
4th June 2008, 02:38 PM
actually before analysing the success or failure of any actor the following must be taken into account,

1. entry into filmdom

2.growth and how it was achieved

3.susteneance

4.future prospects and potentialities.

in case of viay the entry is easy a cake walk and his father directed 7 of his first 10 films

for ajith he was identified by a producer/director and made a hero like mgr,sivaji,rajini,kamal which was conventional.

bith came to films at the same time, but ajith quickly came on top in 2years

amaravathy in 1993 and in 1995 aasai ajith become top star,whweras vijay was accepted as a star only after vikraman's poove unnakkaga in 1996.

so ajith's growth is without back uo,
when ajith was chosen by amitabh in ullassam in 1997,he become a top 5 hero,he even rejected shankar's offer in jeans as he had many films at hand.
whereas vijay continued as hero with appeal in b c centres like vijaykant had when kamal and rajini ruled hiugh.

so by 1999 ajith reached no.1 among young heros and had a dream run till 2002.
whers as all vijay gave only 3 hits out of 8 in the same peroiod.

the problem started with ajith decided to distribute his own films, so he earned many enemies in the industry,whereas viojay continued as a actor whether hit or miss with a film in every 3 months.

after diasatrous red in 2002 ajith's downfall began though he regained his market with villain in 2002 nov.

in 2003 he messed up ,many things and angered many producers who opted for emerging vikram who easily overtook both vijay and ajith in 2003.
gemini,dhool,sami,pithamagan ,though he too gave 4 failures in 2002-03 -thats differnt story.

but after tirumalai in 2003 and ghilli 2004 vijay continuously maintained his lead with the absense of rajinikant.

whereas ajith had more market than vijay ,because of his attitude ,poor advisors he suffered, now evberything is ok for him due to some DIVINE INTERVENTION,

wheras inspite of his succeses vijay doesnot have a huge following in A centres(urban middle class)which is essential to superstardom,which ajith has.

wheras all of ajith's hits comes from playing hero with negative traits ,lile ,vaali,citizen,villain,godfather,billa, he can experiment with many characters which vijay cant do ,vijay has become too one dimentional and dont offer variety,which is going to be a major drwback for his future growth.

so my vote goes for ajith as the next number 1(rajini,kamal not included they are too far gone in success)wheras vijay's market is eaten by a half a dozen young stars.

so ajith's future is entirely based on his choosing of scripts and mental maturity wheras vijay's future is only due to luck.

Vivasaayi
4th June 2008, 02:42 PM
cinema lover

:clap:

post this in ajith threads :D

NICE ANALYSIS

sarna_blr
4th June 2008, 02:46 PM
actually before analysing the success or failure of any actor the following must be taken into account,

1. entry into filmdom

2.growth and how it was achieved

3.susteneance

4.future prospects and potentialities.

in case of viay the entry is easy a cake walk and his father directed 7 of his first 10 films

for ajith he was identified by a producer/director and made a hero like mgr,sivaji,rajini,kamal which was conventional.

bith came to films at the same time, but ajith quickly came on top in 2years

amaravathy in 1993 and in 1995 aasai ajith become top star,whweras vijay was accepted as a star only after vikraman's poove unnakkaga in 1996.

so ajith's growth is without back uo,
when ajith was chosen by amitabh in ullassam in 1997,he become a top 5 hero,he even rejected shankar's offer in jeans as he had many films at hand.
whereas vijay continued as hero with appeal in b c centres like vijaykant had when kamal and rajini ruled hiugh.

so by 1999 ajith reached no.1 among young heros and had a dream run till 2002.
whers as all vijay gave only 3 hits out of 8 in the same peroiod.

the problem started with ajith decided to distribute his own films, so he earned many enemies in the industry,whereas viojay continued as a actor whether hit or miss with a film in every 3 months.

after diasatrous red in 2002 ajith's downfall began though he regained his market with villain in 2002 nov.

in 2003 he messed up ,many things and angered many producers who opted for emerging vikram who easily overtook both vijay and ajith in 2003.
gemini,dhool,sami,pithamagan ,though he too gave 4 failures in 2002-03 -thats differnt story.

but after tirumalai in 2003 and ghilli 2004 vijay continuously maintained his lead with the absense of rajinikant.

whereas ajith had more market than vijay ,because of his attitude ,poor advisors he suffered, now evberything is ok for him due to some DIVINE INTERVENTION,

wheras inspite of his succeses vijay doesnot have a huge following in A centres(urban middle class)which is essential to superstardom,which ajith has.

wheras all of ajith's hits comes from playing hero with negative traits ,lile ,vaali,citizen,villain,godfather,billa, he can experiment with many characters which vijay cant do ,vijay has become too one dimentional and dont offer variety,which is going to be a major drwback for his future growth.

so my vote goes for ajith as the next number 1(rajini,kamal not included they are too far gone in success)wheras vijay's market is eaten by a half a dozen young stars.

so ajith's future is entirely based on his choosing of scripts and mental maturity wheras vijay's future is only due to luck.

:wow: :clap: :clap: :bow: :2thumbsup:

Thalafanz
4th June 2008, 02:53 PM
the problem started with ajith decided to distribute his own films, so he earned many enemies in the industry...

Ajith distributed his own movies??? :roll: :confused2:

whereas ajith had more market than vijay ,because of his attitude ,poor advisors he suffered, now evberything is ok for him due to some DIVINE INTERVENTION...

:shock: :shock: :shock: Sir, r u sure???

so ajith's future is entirely based on his choosing of scripts and mental maturity...

:huh: I really duno what makes you to say this???

P.S A big thanks to Farmer bro for initiating this... :x

cinemalover
4th June 2008, 02:55 PM
i wrote something like that in one topic and mods deleted it.

if you any other query feel free to ask.

sarna_blr
4th June 2008, 02:59 PM

no probs cinemalover.... pls copy paste ur post in the following thread...

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=11292&start=1260

cinemalover
4th June 2008, 03:01 PM
ajith once started his own distribution company thats why he got problems.

divine intervention means now ajith listens to the advice of a good noble person,
i dont know the name of the person, but he was popularly known in TN as SUPERSTAR.

i dont say ajith is immature, but cinema field is highly
full of many negative forces which provoke you to make mistakes and brand you stupid,immature and bad .
so you have to tread carefully with only future growth in mind.
even rajini and kamal suffered by these negative forces earlier in their lives and came out like polished diamonds.

this is common to any profession and field.

selvakumar
4th June 2008, 03:03 PM
NOBLE - DIVINE - Any thing else ?

hattori_hanzo
4th June 2008, 03:11 PM

cinemalover, thanks! u sure r a junior film news anandhan!!! i have lot of queries related to TFI but most of them can not be discussed here - might end up in unnecessary debates.
I feel your articles are somewhat biased. Praising an actor and ridiculing his rival will certainly not please anyone, including the Mods, becuase of which ur earlier posts might have been removed.

cinemalover
4th June 2008, 03:28 PM
i am a neutral person,
a cinemalover and i write based on best of info. and faith.

so dont take myself as an ajith fan.

i am a hardcore fan of superstar, but i sauy with conviction that his powerplay is deciding the success of dhanush, who has no market at all and nobody likes dhanush(i mean 90% of film goers dont like him)

he is thrusted on cinema goers and not a natural winner.

also i will give a kollywood secret dont tell anyone.

dhanush will be there as long as simbhu is there,
and
simbhu will be there as long as dhanush is there.

sarna_blr
4th June 2008, 03:31 PM
also i will give a kollywood secret dont tell anyone.

dhanush will be there as long as simbhu is there,
and
simbhu will be there as long as dhanush is there.

nice one.... :thumbsup: :clap: :bow: :lol:

selvakumar
4th June 2008, 03:32 PM
am a hardcore fan of superstar, but i sauy with conviction that his powerplay is deciding the success of dhanush, who has no market at all and nobody likes dhanush(i mean 90% of film goers dont like him)
:lol: :rotfl:

raaja_rasigan
4th June 2008, 03:52 PM
vijay continued as hero with appeal in b c centres like vijaykant had when kamal and rajini ruled hiugh.

:yes:

Nerd
4th June 2008, 07:47 PM
cinemalover pinnreenga so far :thumbsup: :thumbsup: particularly loved the jo analysis.. And I am interested to read more about your take on danush since I disagree with your premise :roll: please clear the air in the danush thread..

ajithfederer
4th June 2008, 08:09 PM
Interesting 8-)

cinemalover
4th June 2008, 09:45 PM
see my friend,
before coming into any conclusion we must see so many facts and facets of point under discussion.

in dhanush's case we must start from the very beginning,ie, technique and history of hero selection.

before 1980 the first criteria for a hero to be is face cut(now close your eyes and imagine every hero before 1975 in TFI), KB experimented with this thing and introduced rajini who had a unconventional look.
je is daark,rough and medium built and not even a hero material.

once he succeded and eventually become the superstar within 5 years(ie billa in 1980), it opened the ban on not so good looking people becoming hero.
vijaykant followed and many others like murali ertc.

once the kollywood dream ended with rthe advent of TV in mid ninties(discsussing it will be a detour to current discussion), and when dare devil film makers went out of scene and industry began to be dominated by heros, the very concept of heros changed, as most of the heros debuted after late 90s are from cinema families only.

just think about all heros now and their background and you will know my point,
and as atest just tell me any hero without a back up.

aravind swamy,ajith,madhavan are all identified by filmakers and so they stayed there purely on merit and deliveery of hits.

wheras vijay,viashal,dhanush and simbhu are staying because of back up.

coming specifiacally to dhanush's case, his first two films were made by his family, and the third one tiruda tirudi , by some one else is a hit.

but due to problems with rivalry with simbhu(thats another story), immediately after 3 films he was promoted in a big way.
and huis next 6 films were failures.

pudhukottailirundhu....
sullan
dreams
adhu oru kana kalam
devathiyai kanden
pudhupettai.

if any hero has six failures in 2.5 years he will be kicked out.
what happened to sibiraj?
to sivaji's grandson dushyant?
and many other sons of cinema people?

in 2007 deepavali dhanush's polladhavan was released in some 100 of TN big screens with more than 700 seats, it was not possible for anyone othet than the top 5 heros of kollywood(rajini,kamal,vijay,ajith and vikraam)

how come nayanthara the most sought after heroine opf south indian cinema comes and acts with a b-grade hero like dhanush?

so its very clear some hero's success are not natural but thrusted upon.
same is for jayam ravi.

Vivasaayi
4th June 2008, 09:51 PM
how come nayanthara the most sought after heroine opf south indian cinema comes and acts with a b-grade hero like dhanush?

nayans enna avlo periya thillalangadiya?

remember she acted with simbu in vallavan :huh:

saying as though julia roberts acted with dhanush is a bit over board!

kadhal kondaen,thiruda thirudi,polladhavan were genuine hits!

kasthoori raja was not a great force in cinema industry.he made his son act not to make him a big star.he made him act as there was no hero for him to act at that time

so its foolish to say the stardom was thrusted on him

selvakumar
4th June 2008, 09:55 PM
cinemalover :notworthy:
I agree with you 200% on Dhanush. 8-)
Each and every point are 100% true.

n 2007 deepavali dhanush's polladhavan was released in some 100 of TN big screens with more than 700 seats, it was not possible for anyone othet than the top 5 heros of kollywood(rajini,kamal,vijay,ajith and vikraam)
After 6 flops (Or 5 :huh: if we leave DEVATHAIYAI KANDAEN), a film releasing in this much number of screens and that too after an utter flop called PEAS. YNM had also released in more number of screens.

selvakumar
4th June 2008, 09:56 PM
kasthoori raja was not a great force in cinema industry.he made his son act not to make him a big star.he made him act as there was no hero for him to act at that time
:rotfl:
Vivasaayi, enna kodumai ithu :lol:

cinemalover
4th June 2008, 09:57 PM
see its like multi level marketing.
one man's points are given to someone.
also the TFI and tollywood are highly unprofessionalised.
so real picture is not available clearly.
so its one's own analysis and belief that counts.

noone can change one's views but telling.

there is a great proverb.
discussion is an exchange of knowledge.
argument is an exchange of ignorance.
thats all ican say.

we can discuss only here, after all this is a discussion forum.

joe
4th June 2008, 09:58 PM
whatever it may be.calling danush as 'b-grade hero' is too much :(

Vivasaayi
4th June 2008, 09:59 PM
Vivasaayi, enna kodumai ithu :lol:

yes selva...it was said by him!

they ought to make a movie for their life...and actually selva directed the movie!

hey did it like a family movie...they made him act as he would ask no money and do whatever they ask...simple!

u could check dhanush interviews

cinemalover
4th June 2008, 10:00 PM
even surya become a top hero only after vel in 2007, as that film made him make inroads into B C centres of TN, before that he was more considered as a multiplex hero having a fan base in A centres.

so how will you explain dhanush getting as many theatres as surya who has already given half a dozen superhits?

Vivasaayi
4th June 2008, 10:01 PM
dhanush b-grade hero vellam romba too muchu!

he has given

thulluvadho ilamai
kadhal kondaen
thiruda thirudi
devathayai kandaen
thiruvilayadal arambam
polladhavan

:huh:

what make him a b grade hero...can u explain

ajithfederer
4th June 2008, 10:02 PM
Change the thread title please :P

ajithfederer
Pudhupettai

he has given

thulluvadho ilamai
kadhal kondaen
thiruda thirudi
devathayai kandaen
thiruvilayadal arambam
polladhavan

selvakumar
yes selva...it was said by him!
they ought to make a movie for their life...and actually selva directed the movie!
hey did it like a family movie...they made him act as he would ask no money and do whatever they ask...simple!
u could check dhanush interviews
Now, Don't tell me that he made Dhanush to act only because of money. What about the other guys ? If he was really worried about money, they would have made selvaragavan as an actor in the film too. Ithellam sappa reason.. I am wondering whether KR really said that :rotfl:
What about the other guys in the film ? Couldn't he find any one else ?
Also, cinemalover is questioning the control one can have despite many flops. Simbu and Dhanush are one and the same in this.

Vivasaayi
4th June 2008, 10:04 PM
even surya become a top hero only after vel in 2007, as that film made him make inroads into B C centres of TN, before that he was more considered as a multiplex hero having a fan base in A centres.

so how will you explain dhanush getting as many theatres as surya who has already given half a dozen superhits?

rajni could be a factor...but how does that make dhanush a b grade hero :confused2:

and rajni dint help him from the scratch...he was already an eshtablished hero with 3 silver jubilees under his belt

cinemalover
4th June 2008, 10:05 PM
classification of heros(mine)

a level
------------
1.rajini
2.kamal
3.vijay
4.ajith
5.vikram
6.surya.

b level (numbers means serial number not ranking)
----------
1.simbu
2.bharath
3.jayam ravi
4.dhanush
5.vishal

b c superstars
-------------------
1.vijaykanth
2.arjun
3.sarthkumar
4.satyaraj

soft heros
--------------
1.madhavan(also comes under A level heros)
2.srikanth
3.arya
4.shaam
5.prasanna

classification on BO record,past performance,fan base,power projection and many other TFI idiosyncracies.

selvakumar
Actually, both of you have forgotten what he is referring to. He is referring to the CONTROL AND POWER one can still have for his films despite so many flops. He attributes this to the screens and the box office manipulation through that.
For e.g., Jeyam Ravi's SaSu should have been running in more screens by now. It actually opened in less number of screens compared to YNM.
I think we can discuss on this CONTROL + POWER rather than on performance, hero type or not.

Vivasaayi
Also, cinemalover is questioning the control one can have despite many flops. Simbu and Dhanush are one and the same in this.

he gave silver jubilees without rajni support right?..ennamo rajni illama dhanush illainu pesuradhu romba over!

joe
4th June 2008, 10:06 PM
=
rajni could be a factor...but how does that make dhanush a b grade hero :confused2:

:exactly: IMO ,He is one with better expressing among young actors.

Vivasaayi
4th June 2008, 10:07 PM
Actually, both of you have forgotten what he is referring to. He is referring to the CONTROL AND POWER one can still have for his films despite so many flops. He attributes this to the screens and the box office manipulation through that.
For e.g., Jeyam Ravi's SaSu should have been running in more screens by now. It actually opened in less number of screens compared to YNM.
I think we can discuss on this CONTROL + POWER rather than on performance, hero type or not.

obviously the control and power from a rajni son in law could be very influencial!

but inspite of releasing in those many screens..polladhavan was a genuine hit...thats the point!

selvakumar
4th June 2008, 10:09 PM
he gave silver jubilees without rajni support right?..ennamo rajni illama dhanush illainu pesuradhu romba over!
His silver jubiless before that
1) TI 2) Kaadhal Kondaen 3) Thiruda Thirudi
After this, it was followed by many flops. After this, Selva had even a dialogue in his movie PP "Kooda poranthathukku padam ellam edukka vendi irukku". :lol: Here and there some average movies. Actually, Thiruvilayaadal aarambam gave him a break. It got released on december (again in more number of screens). I would attribute TA as the starting point in which he started using RAJINI aggressively. I am not blaming him for that. He can do it. But how often and marketing his movies with rajini's banner.

I am not discussing about him as an actor since I have diff of opinion on that w.r.t to the roles

cinemalover
4th June 2008, 10:10 PM
jayam ravi's case

jayam
and kumaran ...... both films are home prodcution
and his next three, idhaya tirudan,dass,mazhai were failures.
then came unnaakkum ennakkum in 2006 a hit
and deepavali in 2007 also a hit
and santhosh subramanyam is a hit
so what inference youre getting
4 of his 5 hits were from his family.
does this a mark of a A level actor?

what had happened srikanth,shaam, prassnna etc.

selvakumar
4th June 2008, 10:12 PM
obviously the control and power from a rajni son in law could be very influencial!
but inspite of releasing in those many screens..polladhavan was a genuine hit...thats the point!
As I said, any film can become a hit and it is in the hands of the audience. But the growth and reach are something that won't come without any back. This is what he is referring to. Without that, Dhanush could have well become a prashanth or anyone of that sort. Now, he is projected as a hero with control over many screens. Logically or practically, it can't happen for a hero of his type. otherwise, Surya or Vikram would have got it much early.

Vivasaayi
I would attribute TA as the starting point in which he started using RAJINI aggressively. I am not blaming him for that. He can do it. But how often and marketing his movies with rajini's banner.

atleast dhanush doesnt make his films ruun falsely and make an advertisement like it was a hit!

what im saying is rajni is using his influence in right way.he just made the movies release in many centres.but he dint make them run with money and make false reports like the movie was hit :huh:

selvakumar
what had happened srikanth,shaam, prassnna etc.
:exactly:

Vivasaayi
4th June 2008, 10:13 PM
in that case even vijay was developed like that!

ajithfederer
4th June 2008, 10:14 PM
Viv-vu :P

joe
4th June 2008, 10:14 PM
Dhanush could have well become a prashanth .

:oops: Enna kodumai ithu ..20 varushama field-la irunthum moonjila expression-ne varatha oruthana danush kooda compare pannureenga :(

Vivasaayi
4th June 2008, 10:15 PM
As I said, any film can become a hit and it is in the hands of the audience. But the growth and reach are something that won't come without any back. This is what he is referring to. Without that, Dhanush could have well become a prashanth or anyone of that sort. Now, he is projected as a hero with control over many screens. Logically or practically, it can't happen for a hero of his type. otherwise, Surya or Vikram would have got it much early.

if jk ritheesh release his movies all over tamil nadu with his political influence...would people gather in theatre like they did for yaradi nee mohini?

cinemalover
the story of PEAS was chosen by rajini after watching jogi?

how come shreya who was prevented from acting any film till sivaji's conclusion by a written contract allowed to act in TA?

she was first chosen in dasavatharam, see my article in wikipedia about the film.

see because we like a star does not mean that he is perfect.

i am ahardcore fan of rajinkanth and i dont like kamal for personal reasons.
but i can say with convixction that kamal is more sincere to cinema than any actor in india. '

so see things in a clear and mature way to avoid unnecessary fights,after all these stars dont even know that people are ighting for them in the net?

they made money and are happy,prosperous and powerful.

villan007
cinemalover :clap: :bow:

Vivasaayi
4th June 2008, 10:16 PM
see because we like a star does not mean that he is perfect.

i am ahardcore fan of rajinkanth and i dont like kamal for personal reasons.
but i can say with convixction that kamal is more sincere to cinema than any actor in india. '

naan rajni fan-a...selva konjam eduthu sollunga :oops:

ajithfederer
4th June 2008, 10:16 PM
This has become an universal fact now :)

Vivasaayi
4th June 2008, 10:19 PM
what im here meaning is

dhanush in not like vijay,prasanth,jeyam ravi with ultimate back up and just developed for becoming an icon!

he dint have a cake walk

selvakumar
4th June 2008, 10:19 PM
Dhanush could have well become a prashanth .

:oops: Enna kodumai ithu ..20 varushama field-la irunthum moonjila expression-ne varatha oruthana danush kooda compare pannureenga :(
Expression ozhunga kodukkuravanga padam thaan HIT aagutha enna ?
For a film to become a HIT, these things won't matter at all. Otherwise, Pasupathy's movies should have become bigger hits than dhanush :?

Also, Prashanth might be a bad actor. But I didn't see him emulating others. His style may be crap. But for reaching the audience esp family, if you emulate rajini, success is guaranteed 100% (provided story & screenplay also good). You can sustain well too.

villan007
4th June 2008, 10:21 PM
how come shreya who was prevented from acting any film till sivaji's conclusion by a written contract allowed to act in TA?

gud kostin 8-)

Vivasaayi
4th June 2008, 10:21 PM
selva,

simbu tries to emulate rajni...has family back...why dint he :huh:

only dhanush gives big hits

littlemaster1982
4th June 2008, 10:23 PM
what im here meaning is

dhanush in not like vijay,prasanth,jeyam ravi with ultimate back up and just developed for becoming an icon!

he dint have a cake walk

:exactly: You can just see the hits he had given. They are genuine hits unlike some of the actors with strong background. If he had that kind of control over box office, he wouldn't have given utter flops like Dreams, PEAS, Pudhukottaiyilirundhu Saravanan etc.

joe
4th June 2008, 10:24 PM
Thaadi vachavanellam tagore aaga mudiyathu
viralai sodukkuravanellam rajini aayida mudiyathu

Vivasaayi
4th June 2008, 10:25 PM
what im meaning is dhanush is genuine!

1.he dint make fake hits...make films run in one theatre for n number of days

2.he became a star even before rajni gave his daughter

3.he is a good actor

4.though being ordinary in look...he first attracted the audience with his performance

to selva

if jk ritheesh release his films in all theatres using his influence and imitate rajni ...could he succeed?

selvakumar
4th June 2008, 10:25 PM
if jk ritheesh release his movies all over tamil nadu with his political influence...would people gather in theatre like they did for yaradi nee mohini?
NO. But instead if JKR does the following

- Act in 1 to 10 films continuously. Even if they become worst flops, continue your acting
- Do films like this and at times make couple of your film as HITs.
- Take a function to celebrate the success.. Invite KAMAL HASSAN. (How many shaams can get him for their celebration ? Even Ameer (director) couldn't get KH )
- Now, JKR will Release his next movie in MANY SCREENS through his control
- With so many screens and average WOM, you can very well DECLARE a movie as SUPER HIT. :)

This CONTROL AND POWER with which DHANUSH survives after so many flops is what they are talking about.

Ajith's vaali released in less number of screens in 1999. He was a much bigger star relatively at that time if you consider his previous silver jubileer movies alone without thinking about his form at that time :wink:

selvakumar
4th June 2008, 10:26 PM
selva,

simbu tries to emulate rajni...has family back...why dint he :huh:

only dhanush gives big hits

Didn't he give manmadhan ? a big hit :huh:
Now, don't say he gives flops only. Otherwise, the same can be applied for dhanush who released his movie in more screens despite so many flops :D

selvakumar
4th June 2008, 10:27 PM

gud kostin 8-)
:D

Vivasaayi
4th June 2008, 10:27 PM
selva,

dhanush invited kamal haasan before rajni gave his daughter!

for three silver big hits thulluvadho ilamai,kadhal kondaen,thiruda thirudi!

selvakumar
4th June 2008, 10:30 PM
hence, Kasturi Raja is not powerful.. right :D

Vivasaayi
4th June 2008, 10:30 PM
selva...once dhanush attained the icon image after these many silver jubilees...how could u expect the distributors to make in a limited level!

he got 3 crores after his third movie..rajniya kuduka sonnaru!

i understand rajni influences dhanush development before release...but after release dhanush is clean which is important

Vivasaayi
4th June 2008, 10:32 PM

not so power ful to make dhanush a force just after 3 movies
barathiraja the ruler in 80s couldnt make his son a star :huh:

littlemaster1982
4th June 2008, 10:33 PM
Take a function to celebrate the success.. Invite KAMAL HASSAN. (How many shaams can get him for their celebration ? Even Ameer (director) couldn't get KH )

How many Shaams had given genuine hits to celebrate in first place? :huh:

Vivasaayi
4th June 2008, 10:34 PM
Take a function to celebrate the success.. Invite KAMAL HASSAN. (How many shaams can get him for their celebration ? Even Ameer (director) couldn't get KH )

point!

cinemalover
dhanush an icon,
man this is too much
aagreat insult to my cinema knowledge
i think we must stop this discussion now here itself.

otherwise manickam becomes baasha again.

selvakumar
selva...once dhanush attained the icon image after these many silver jubilees...how could u expect the distributors to make in a limited level!
:shock: :shock: Dhanush ICON ah ? :?
Dhanush is yet another young actor who has HITS under his belt. His growth, market and everything couldn't have raised like this without any POWER. That is my point. I don't care whether he runs the films or not. Dhanush might be better than others who are in this category w.r.t acting, genuine hits etc. But the sudden rise is IMPOSSIBLE FOR ANY YOUNG GENERATION ACTOR NO MATTER HOW GREAT THEY ARE AS ACTORS

For e.g., Bhagyaraj's son is acting in a film with ARR as the music director. The reach will be great compared to a NANDHA who acts under MDs like Rangit barot. REACH + POPULARITY are not based on ONE'S SKILL and TALENT. It CAN BE MANIPULATED

ajithfederer
4th June 2008, 10:35 PM
:rotfl2: :rotfl:

dhanush an icon,
man this is too much

Vivasaayi
4th June 2008, 10:35 PM
dhanush an icon,
man this is too much

if u call dhanush a b grade hero..i can call him an icon! :D

selvakumar
4th June 2008, 10:36 PM

Answer this question first :

KH attended the function. Do you think he would have gone it just for dhanush ? Kasturi raja is WAY POWERFUL to have someone like KH in a function like that. BR is more powerful than KR.

selvakumar
4th June 2008, 10:37 PM

Fine. Shaam example might not be right. You can very well take AJITH also .. 8-)

Vivasaayi
4th June 2008, 10:37 PM

KH attended the function. Do you think he would have gone it just for dhanush ? Kasturi raja is WAY POWERFUL to have someone like KH in a function like that. BR is more powerful than KR.

do u think kh would not have attended the function if selva was not the son of kashthoori raja?

ajithfederer
4th June 2008, 10:39 PM
Viv and selva neenga oru pakkam sandai podunga :lol2:

Cinema lover u continue please :wink:

joe

do u think kh would not have attended the function if selva was not the son of kashthoori raja?

Athane :roll: KasthuriRaja-kkum Kamal Hassan-kkum enna sampantham ? :roll:

villan007
dhanush an icon,
man this is too much

:rotfl: :rotfl:

selvakumar
4th June 2008, 10:40 PM
Do you think he would have given that preference to others if dhanush was someone like ameer ? I am not blaming KH here. The choice + power comes here.

selvakumar
4th June 2008, 10:42 PM
Nichayama Ameerukkum - KH kkum ulla sampanthatha vida perusaathaanae irunthirukkum. it is very simple

Vivasaayi
4th June 2008, 10:42 PM
Do you think he would have given that preference to others if dhanush was someone like ameer ? I am not blaming KH here. The choice + power comes here.

if ameer held a function for the success of paruthiveeran...and he invite kamal,kamal would attend.simple :D

kamal called ameer for his office and congratulated :D

cinemalover
4th June 2008, 10:43 PM
a insider information.
at the time of 2003 kamalhassan was considered a ill luck person and was avoided by many.
and many people aware of that.
everyone disliked him after the failure of hey ram and aalavandan .
also industry is ruled by sentiments and many top heros consider its against their image to attend films like that(which are considered soft porn at the time).
so people saying things as fans and analysts views may differ.

KH was deliberately avoided at many functions at the time.
if youre a resident of chennai, you may have came to know that.

selvakumar
4th June 2008, 10:43 PM
if ameer held a function for the success of paruthiveeran...kamal would attend.simple :D
Let us discuss on that once it happens :D
FYI, KH was invited by Ameer for Mounam pesiyathey. (don't say it was not a big hit or it doesn't deserve it). Ameer said he confirmed that he will attend it. And then he couldn't make it. Ithu KR kkum avar panni irukka muidyum (considering how he rushed for that function) :)

cinemalover
4th June 2008, 10:45 PM
also many evidence aand info i may give supporting my views, but it will result in further fights as it is going more personal than analytical.

Vivasaayi
4th June 2008, 10:46 PM
if ameer held a function for the success of paruthiveeran...kamal would attend.simple :D
Let us discuss on that once it happens :D
FYI, KH was invited by Ameer for Mounam pesiyathey. (don't say it was not a big hit or it doesn't deserve it). Ameer said he confirmed that he will attend it. And then he couldn't make it. Ithu KR kkum avar panni irukka muidyum (considering how he rushed for that function) :)

obviously i would compare "kadhal kondaen" and "mounam pesiyadhe"

the grandeur of both functions!

kamal haasan had attended very small functions regarding cinema

joe
4th June 2008, 10:47 PM
Nichayama Ameerukkum - KH kkum ulla sampanthatha vida perusaathaanae irunthirukkum. it is very simple

Ithai neenga P.Vasu paiyanukku solliyiruntheengaNNa othukkalam.

Kamal attanded combined function for 3 silver jublee movies..The success is proved.

Ameer expected kamal before he proved himself ,so kamal's PRO didn't even informed kamal (according to ameers interview in kumudam) ..If he invite kamal now ,surely he will attend.

Vivasaayi
ok bye folks...nice discussion

cinemalover
kadhal kondein is semi porn and mounam pesiyadhey

a family entertainer.

cinemalover
4th June 2008, 10:48 PM
ungallukulla muzhichitturukka mirugam ennakulla thoongikittutrrukku adha thatti ezhuppidatheenga/.

selvakumar
4th June 2008, 10:49 PM
K BYE GUYS !
Indru poi naalai varugiraen :boo:

Vivasaayi
4th June 2008, 10:51 PM

a family entertainer.

kadhal kondein semi porn?

neenga cinemalovera?

andha perukum ungalukum sammandhame illaye :confused2:

Nerd
4th June 2008, 10:54 PM
:shock: Let me take some time to read and digest all the posts.. Sorry for initiating the discussion :P

Vivasaayi
4th June 2008, 10:55 PM
bye all

cinemalover
4th June 2008, 11:06 PM
naan konji paarthen
kenji paarthen\
kadasiya minji paarthen adhan
very onnum illai
annikku sonnadhu than innikkum
innikku sonnadhu than ennikkum

adhan,
my loyalty is toward cinema and providing reliable and accurate information free from likes and sislikes.

littlemaster1982
4th June 2008, 11:21 PM

KH not only attended the function but also heaped praises on 'Kaadhal Kondain' and Selvaragavan. Idhukkum Kasthuriraja influence-dhaan karanamaa? I doubt Kamal would do such a thing just because the hero's father is an *influential* person.

Movie Cop
5th June 2008, 12:04 AM
a family entertainer.
Cinema Lover,
Welcoem to the hub! :) Your inside scoops are very interesting... Keep coming sir! 8-)

Haven't seen MP :oops: But KK first half was good and second half was pathethic which almost ruined the movie! :banghead: Second half looked like a Guna remake! :twisted:

Vivasaayi- Dhanush "icon" ellam remba over :rotfl: Sure he had the craze after 3 back-to-back hits in 2003 but was never able to go to the nestu level! :cry:

NOV
5th June 2008, 06:00 AM
I am :rotfl: reading several of the posts here. Reminds me of the Emperor's new clothes. :lol:

Opinions are being passed freely as facts. Of course being populist helps too. :roll: Its called baiting, for the uninitiated. See how the gullibles fall.

I wonder who is going to call the bluff.

In the meantime, let me enjoy the entertainment by the sidelines. :D

Nerd
5th June 2008, 07:00 AM
NOV, cinemarasigan has clearly mentioned that he has been posting what he has observed over the years and calls them *his* opinions :huh:

And well, Danush thambi nallA nadikkiRApla, I am his fan. But CRasigan did raise a few valid points on how he has been manipulating Rajini's popularity or how Rajini has been helping him. But he has no answers to PEAS and other movies flopping eventhough they released after his marriage.

Anyway rasigan avargaLE lets get back to the topic :P

hattori_hanzo
5th June 2008, 07:39 AM
continuing our discussion of why not so many tamil women coming as heroines.

some of the reasons are,
1.the dubbing system
2.craze for people to see fair chubby heroines in skimpy clothing
3.most our heros are ugly and look like watchman or driver, filmmakers need some kind of technique to compensate the defieciency in hero's personality(both mental and physical)

they need trisha and nayanthara as lovers and mallika as sisters.

now these heros want heroines half their ages.
from 2005 all film starring major heros,
the heroines need to be half or at least 2/3 rds of heros age.

now the cutt off age of heroine's retirmenent is down to 25 or 26.

:rotfl2:

cinemalover, ur 'opinions' r all interesting, though biased.:cool2:

but trisha as lover and mallika as sister - r u referring to thirupachi?

what makes you rank Simbu as #1 among 'b-grade' heroes? I believe he has less number of hits than Dhanush, Jeyam Ravi and even Bharath. IMO, he has more haters than fans. Though he continues to churn out craps, till now only manmadhan succeeded.

littlemaster1982
5th June 2008, 07:41 AM
Hattori,

He said the order of heroes is not based on any ranking in that post :)

hattori_hanzo
5th June 2008, 07:50 AM
ungallukulla muzhichitturukka mirugam ennakulla thoongikittutrrukku adha thatti ezhuppidatheenga/.

மிருகம் இன்னும் முழிசுக்கவே இல்லயா? அது சரி...:-)

Sanjeevi
5th June 2008, 09:07 AM
I feel bad that many person hate Dhanush only because of his appearance (Mansula ivanellam oru hero-nu oru vanmam). Did you see Polladhavan in which you can see dhanuh with 4 pack. I have seen many Dhanush fans from kuppam or vidalai pasanga group.

I remember one scene in Thirivilaiyaadal, Dhanush thoongi kittu iruppar, fan pinnadi (k*n*i) padumpadi odi kittu irukkum, appo Prakash Raj vanthu solluvar "Anga enna irukkunu fan vachhurukka" :rotfl:. If Dhanush is a build-up hero, he would have avoided this scene. but he is natural actor :cool:

And about Kadhal Kondein, hello some kamal fans Guna super film, athoda remake panna (ofcourse unofficially) KK mokkai padama :evil:

sarna_blr
5th June 2008, 09:45 AM
coming specifiacally to dhanush's case, his first two films were made by his family, and the third one tiruda tirudi , by some one else is a hit.

Kadhal azhivadhillaikku kuduththa buildup thulluvadhO ilamaikku kuduththaangalaa ... :roll:

pudhukottailirundhu....
sullan
dreams
adhu oru kana kalam
devathiyai kanden
pudhupettai.

if any hero has six failures in 2.5 years he will be kicked out.
what happened to sibiraj?
to sivaji's grandson dushyant?
and many other sons of cinema people?

Sibiraj edhaavudhu oru padaththula nadichchaanu (acted well) sollunga ... face'a expressionEy kaattaththeriyaadha oruththanOda Dhanush'a compare pannureenga...

NT parambaraila ippadi oru nadiganaanu nenachchu vEdhanappada vachcha aaludhaan Dhushyanth.... Prashanth , Shyam varisaila Dhushyanth oru expressions kaattaththeriyaadha aalu...

in 2007 deepavali dhanush's polladhavan was released in some 100 of TN big screens with more than 700 seats, it was not possible for anyone othet than the top 5 heros of kollywood(rajini,kamal,vijay,ajith and vikraam)

so its very clear some hero's success are not natural but thrusted upon.
same is for jayam ravi.

Jeyam ravi kadhai unmai dhaan.... but Dhanush is good actor....

Dhanush generation heroes'la dhanush dhaan ellaaththulayum no-1.... adhu acting'a irundhaalum sari, dancing'aa irundhaalum sari, hits'aa irundhaalum sari...

Thirumaran
5th June 2008, 09:55 AM
Am i into right thread :confused2:

sarna_blr
5th June 2008, 09:55 AM

1st of all, Polladhavan'yum Vel'ayum compare pannuradhEy thappu.... Vel ellaam oru padam :huh: , Polladhavan'la next enna varum'gra oru thrill last scene varaikkum irukkum... but Vel eppada padam mudiyum'nu solramaadhiri oru mega mokkai... Vel eppadi polladhavan'a vida nallaa OdichchunEy theriyala... :oops:

Public kitta innum Dhanush'Oda Sullan effect koraila... adhudhaan Dhanush'ku ori periya drawback.... Sullan'nu oru padam varaama irundhu irundhaa Dhanush irukkavEndiya edamEy vEra... :smokesmirk:

sarna_blr
5th June 2008, 09:57 AM
Am i into right thread :confused2:

Pls change the title as Tamil Film Actors.... Actors includes heros and heroines.. :yessir:

Sanjeevi
5th June 2008, 10:03 AM
Sibiraj edhaavudhu oru padaththula nadichchaanu (acted well) sollunga ... face'a expressionEy kaattaththeriyaadha oruththanOda Dhanush'a compare pannureenga...

:thumbsup: sarna_blr

Polladhavan la hospital scene (Poduda) onnu pothum, he is very good in facial expressions

joe
5th June 2008, 10:05 AM
Polladhavan la hospital scene (Poduda) onnu pothum, he is very good in facial expressions

sarna_blr
5th June 2008, 10:06 AM

:thumbsup: sarna_blr

:yes: acting of Dhanush was amazing... :bow: :clap: :clap:

Vivasaayi
5th June 2008, 10:07 AM
dhanush is clearly a genuine winner among the young heroes :thumbsup:

Thirumaran
5th June 2008, 10:08 AM
Let us see how much people go regarding to heroes analysis :lol2:

joe
5th June 2008, 10:12 AM
cinemalover talked about look and mentioned some heroes looks like watchman :huh:

Summa fair skin-oda urichu vacha kozhi maathiri irunthu express panna theriyama irukkuRatha vida ,nammaLa oruthan maathiri irunthaalum expressive-va irukkavan thaan Hero.

sarna_blr
5th June 2008, 10:12 AM

sila periya heroes'ayE nadippula overtake pannura aal Dhanush... aal konjam weight pOttaaru'naa nallaa irukkum... : :)

Vivasaayi
5th June 2008, 10:14 AM
cinemalover talked about look and mentioned some heroes looks like watchman :huh:

Summa fair skin-oda urichu vacha kozhi maathiri irunthu express panna theriyama irukkuRatha vida ,nammaLa oruthan maathiri irunthaalum expressive-va irukkavan thaan Hero.

abaas maadhiri edhirpaakuraro? :lol:

sarna_blr
5th June 2008, 10:15 AM

Sanjeevi
5th June 2008, 10:15 AM

sila periya heroes'ayE nadippula overtake pannura aal Dhanush... aal konjam weight pOttaaru'naa nallaa irukkum... : :)

:yes: I guess he will have long innings

joe
5th June 2008, 10:19 AM

sarna_blr
5th June 2008, 10:21 AM

illa Shyam maadhiri edhirpaakkuraar... :lol2:

Shyam nadichchu yEdhaavudhu oru padam hittaa .... Iyarkai hit dhaana.. :roll:

Thirumaran
5th June 2008, 10:24 AM

that is what i was wondering. If at all a person is black, is he ugly and fit to be only watchman :huh:

Are we still in 2008 :huh: Well wondering how come people are there to support these kind of nonsense or not objecting to those set of words :shock:

Coming to Dhanush, He is definitely more talented than his set of actors for sure. Definitely Rajini as Father in law could have helped a bit or his advice made him to come better. But athu mattum thaan kaaranamnu sollrathu :huh:

After Thiruda, Thirudi if he could have bit concentrated on the story than the superstardom as in Sullaan, he could have been well positioned now for his cinema skills (Interestingly he acts well which is rare nowadays). Paeraasai yaarai vittudhu :lol2:

Thirumaran
5th June 2008, 10:25 AM

If he puts on some weight i expect him to look quite more attractive :P

sarna_blr
5th June 2008, 10:28 AM

If he puts on some weight i expect him to look quite more attractive :P

who knows, he may become next SuperStar also :yessir:

PS.. Dhanush is having all capabilities to be numero one... :bow:

joe
5th June 2008, 10:30 AM
Hardcore Rajini fan-nu sollikiRavar Danush-a b-grade hero-nnu solluRathum ,varisaiyaa Kamal fans vanthu Danush-kaga varinju kattuRathum ..nalla thaan irukku :lol:

Thirumaran
5th June 2008, 10:30 AM
who knows, he may become next SuperStar also :yessir:

PS.. Dhanush is having all capabilities to be numero one... :bow:

:notthatway:

Future super and Mega star is Ilaya Puratchi Thalapathy Vishal :yes: :oops: :yessir:

BTW where is MADDY :roll: Innaeram poonthu oru Ragalai panni irukanumae :P

sarna_blr
5th June 2008, 10:32 AM

Future super and Mega star is Ilaya Puratchi Thalapathy Vishal :yes: :oops: :yessir:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Sanjeevi
5th June 2008, 10:32 AM
Pudhupettai

he has given

thulluvadho ilamai
kadhal kondaen
thiruda thirudi
devathayai kandaen
thiruvilayadal arambam
polladhavan

yes Pudupettai movie made him as top class movie actor :lol2:

Vivasaayi
5th June 2008, 10:33 AM
Hardcore Rajini fan-nu sollikiRavar Danush-a b-grade hero-nnu solluRathum ,varisaiyaa Kamal fans vanthu Danush-kaga varinju kattuRathum ..nalla thaan irukku :lol:

thiramaiku mariyadhai kudukuradhu kamal fansoda valakam! :D

Sanjeevi
5th June 2008, 10:34 AM
and rajni dint help him from the scratch...he was already an eshtablished hero with 3 silver jubilees under his belt

Vitta Rajini ponnu Dhanush love pannunathukku karanamae dhanushoda future mamanar rajini appdinrathunala-nu solluvanga pola :lol:

sarna_blr
5th June 2008, 10:35 AM

thiramaiku mariyadhai kudukuradhu kamal fansoda valakam! :D

paththavachchuttiyE vivasaayi... :yessir:

Vivasaayi
5th June 2008, 10:35 AM

Vitta Rajini ponnu Dhanush love pannunathukku karanamae dhanushoda future mamanar rajini appdinrathunala-nu solluvanga pola :lol:

:lol:

sarna_blr
5th June 2008, 10:36 AM

out of Topic... :twisted:

joe
5th June 2008, 10:38 AM

Kasthuri raja-kku iruntha power ,influence pathu thaan antha ponnu love pannichi :oops:

Sanjeevi
5th June 2008, 10:39 AM
that is what i was wondering. If at all a person is black, is he ugly and fit to be only watchman :huh:

Athanae

Even in hollywod Will smith is top hero as of now

Vivasaayi
5th June 2008, 10:40 AM

Kasthuri raja-kku iruntha power ,influence pathu thaan antha ponnu love pannichi :oops:

illaya pinna :lol:

sarna_blr
5th June 2008, 10:41 AM

Athanae

Even in hollywod Will smith is top hero as of now

yEmpaa Hollywood ellaam pOreenga... namma Thamizh cinema is a best example 8-)

Kalyasi
5th June 2008, 10:41 AM
Enna pa Nadakkuthu Inga... BTW I like the first page of this thread which says my fav actor is the next No.1 in TFI!!!

Onion
5th June 2008, 10:42 AM

Rajini power, influence, money paathu thaan danush love panninaaro :roll:

Vivasaayi
5th June 2008, 10:42 AM
the point to note is

even if dhanush looks ordinary.he became big hero!

what could be the reason- only talent..only talent could be the reason :huh:

Vivasaayi
5th June 2008, 10:44 AM

Rajini power, influence, money paathu thaan danush love panninaaro :roll:

adhu matter illa...edhuku rajni-the superstaroda ponnu ivara love pannanum :lol2:

guna abiramiya love pandradhu prachane illa...abirami edhuku gunava love panna aarambikanum

rangan_08
5th June 2008, 10:44 AM
When compared with his contemporary (which is inevitable), Simbu, I would say, Dhanush is far better. Pudhupeattai is my all time fav. Leave alone his looks, but performance wise he carried on the role in his shoulders in an excellent manner.

And as everybody said, if he could put on a little more weight and harness his dialogue delivery skills, he will definitely make it more big in the years to come.

PS : He should avoid doing the super-hero kind of stuff

joe
5th June 2008, 10:54 AM
guna abiramiya love pandradhu prachane illa...abirami edhuku gunava love panna aarambikanum

Onion
5th June 2008, 10:57 AM
adhu matter illa...edhuku rajni-the superstaroda ponnu ivara love pannanum :lol2:

because he is the most eligible bachelor in kodambakkam :lol:

Vivasaayi
5th June 2008, 11:00 AM

because he is the most eligible bachelor in kodambakkam :lol:

sarna_blr
5th June 2008, 11:00 AM
Enna pa Nadakkuthu Inga... BTW I like the first page of this thread which says my fav actor is the next No.1 in TFI!!!

adha Tamizh naadEy solludhu.. 8-)

Kalyasi
5th June 2008, 11:01 AM

Athu Therinja Vishayam thaane!!!

sarna_blr
5th June 2008, 11:04 AM

Athu Therinja Vishayam thaane!!!

theriyaadhavangalum therinjukkattum'nu highlight panninEn... 8-)

sarna_blr
5th June 2008, 11:06 AM

:notthatway: 1st he should put weight and then should do super-hero stuff's with proper directors... 8-)

rangan_08
5th June 2008, 12:08 PM

:notthatway: 1st he should put weight and then should do super-hero stuff's with proper directors... 8-)

Even when people like Vijay & Vishal, with a normal physique (for that matter, even Vijaykanth, to some extent) indulge in some superficial stunts, it's irritating to watch them (sorry fans!! it was too much in Kuruvi... :banghead: :argh: )

In that case, Dhanush eppo weight poattu, eppo stunt panradhu ?? Let them do mere STUNTS, not extraordinary and unbelievable GYMNASTICS !!!

hattori_hanzo
5th June 2008, 01:22 PM

Even when people like Vijay & Vishal, with a normal physique (for that matter, even Vijaykanth, to some extent) indulge in some superficial stunts, it's irritating to watch them (sorry fans!! it was too much in Kuruvi... :banghead: :argh: )

In that case, Dhanush eppo weight poattu, eppo stunt panradhu ?? Let them do mere STUNTS, not extraordinary and unbelievable GYMNASTICS !!!

That reminds me of a scene in YNM. The servant massages Dhanush's "arms" and asks, "Indha madhiri cut varanumna yenna sir pannanum". Dhanush replies, "modhalla valaranum". :banghead:

Joe/Thirumaran, I second cinemalover's opinion on 'watchman-like' heroes. We did have some of this kind in early 80's - Chandrasekhar, Thyagarajan, to name a few.

I do agree that heroes need not be handsome or well-built. But cant we expect the 'hero' to be Presentable and Healthy. Let the skeletal heros like dhanush play the role of poverty stricken guys like Pasupathy in Veyil. Why do they want to prove they can handle 5-6 rowdies single-handedly? And why such awe-inspiring dialogues??? SULLAN mattum illa, till the recent YNM, every movie of his has all masala elements to boost his image.

Dhanush knows his looks are ordinary(shabby, rather). So why does he want the audience to believe that he is a handsome guy for whom a gorgeous girl falls.

A hero need not be well versed in dance - there are people to accept whatever steps he does as dance movements. he neednt have to worry about stunts - audience can be duped by using a stunt double, he need not have a good voice - otherwise how can actors like ravi krishna continue to do movies? And the latest among these is watchman-like looks are also fine.Isnt it?

If looks dont matter at all, TR kooda asingam illaye. Moonjila mudi konjam jaasti, avalo dhaan. Mathabadi he too can be called an actor with "boy-next-door" looks..Yedukku avara poi kindal panranga?

cinemalover
5th June 2008, 01:31 PM
clarifications
-------------------

many of the members misunserstand my views so i offer claarification.

1. i am neutral in view free from likes and dislikes

2.i write what i found out to be true and believe to be true and other people opinion's may differ

3.i severly condemn and criticize TFI 's hypocracy and other negative aspects which may go for personally against some actors.

for example i say certain heros look like watchman and drivers, and people reply they are common,
in that case why these heros put on ordinary looking tamil girls as heroines?
its these hypocrite heros who care for looks and not movie audeinece.

if bad looking dhanush needs fairlooking shreya and nayanthara thats what i call hypocracy.

let me give you an example,
there is a tamil actress who in now there in industry.
i challenge that no top hero will act with her because she is dark and she is priyamani.

and tammana gets more offer and money than priyamani inspite of the fact tams yet to give a hit and PM already given 2 hits.

so i am talking about hypocracy of TFI and not against people.
but ace director balu mahendra cast PM with dhanush so that it looked natural.

thats what i intend to write in my heroine section.

all heros except a very few, are hypocrites in selecting heroines of their films.

kH will act with any woman as hero, whether she is fair or not,old or young which most wont do.

actually a year ago i wrote in a forum after watching thimiru and sivappathikaram, that how come a dark hero like vishal needs fair skinned women like reema sen and mamta.

in thimiru, fair skinned reema was cast as heroine and tamil looking shreya reddy was cast as villi.
this is cinema world.

but vishal rectified his mistake and acted with priyamani and the film become a hit, so he passed one of the many tests that mark a potential top hero.

also every hero is projected as a ction hero and that is another major setback as all heros manipulate cinema techniques to project that image.

sarna_blr
5th June 2008, 01:46 PM
Cinemalover, Thiruda thirudi and PudhukOttayilurundhu SARAVANAN padangal ellaam paakkalayaa...

Saritha (black skinned) ruled tamizh industry for sometime...

many more examples are there...

hattori_hanzo
5th June 2008, 01:47 PM
clarifications
-------------------

many of the members misunserstand my views so i offer claarification.

1. i am neutral in view free from likes and dislikes

2.i write what i found out to be true and believe to be true and other people opinion's may differ

3.i severly condemn and criticize TFI 's hypocracy and other negative aspects which may go for personally against some actors.

for example i say certain heros look like watchman and drivers, and people reply they are common,
in that case why these heros put on ordinary looking tamil girls as heroines?
its these hypocrite heros who care for looks and not movie audeinece.

if bad looking dhanush needs fairlooking shreya and nayanthara thats what i call hypocracy.

i challenge that no top hero will act with her because she is dark and she is priyamani.

and tammana gets more offer and money than priyamani inspite of the fact tams yet to give a hit and PM already given 2 hits.

so i am talking about hypocracy of TFI and not against people.
but ace director balu mahendra cast PM with dhanush so that it looked natural.

thats what i intend to write in my heroine section.

all heros except a very few, are hypocrites in selecting heroines of their films.

kH will act with any woman as hero, whether she is fair or not,old or young which most wont do.

actually a year ago i wrote in a forum after watching thimiru and sivappathikaram, that how come a dark hero like vishal needs fair skinned women like reema sen and mamta.

in thimiru, fair skinned reema was cast as heroine and tamil looking shreya reddy was cast as villi.
this is cinema world.

but vishal rectified his mistake and acted with priyamani and the film become a hit, so he passed one of the many tests that mark a potential top hero.
also every hero is projected as a ction hero and that is another major setback as all heros manipulate cinema techniques to project that image.

அவரு ஒரு Test'உம் Pass பண்ணல. He casted Priya Mani as she had shot to fame by the success of Paruthiveeran. Btw, மலைகொட்டை HIT'நு சொல்ரீங்களா?

Vivasaayi
5th June 2008, 01:49 PM

the people who watch the movie are mainly guys who look like dhanush and they want a guy like dhanush to romance a beautiful heroine on screen!

if the audience was full of women....heroines like saritha can step forward and dominate which was the case in 80s...nowadays women watch movies in "indhia tholaikaatchigalin mudhal muraya" channels!

is there a thread for priyamani here...if it was there...was it active like shreya thread? :lol:

dhanush will have no problem to act with priyamani if priyamani have a good market like shreya or nayans..people decide it...not dhanush

danush has acted with dark heroines in his movies...first of all !check ur database

sarna_blr
5th June 2008, 01:49 PM
-------------------

அவரு ஒரு Test'உம் Pass பண்ணல. He casted Priya Mani as she had shot to fame by the success of Paruthiveeran. Btw, மலைகொட்டை HIT'நு சொல்ரீங்களா?

:shock: :omg: MalaikOttai hittaaa :lol2:

Sanjeevi
5th June 2008, 01:51 PM
If looks dont matter at all, TR kooda asingam illaye. Moonjila mudi konjam jaasti, avalo dhaan. Mathabadi he too can be called an actor with "boy-next-door" looks..Yedukku avara poi kindal panranga?

We mock TR not because of his body or appearance but of his dialogs, his dandanakkas, his dialog deliveries, his body movements while talking dialogs mothuthula his actings

sarna_blr
5th June 2008, 01:52 PM
the people who watch the movie are mainly guys who look like dhanush and they want a guy like dhanush to romance a beautiful heroine on screen!

if the audience was full of women....heroines like saritha can step forward and dominate which was the case in 80s...nowadays women watch movies in "indhia tholaikaatchigalin mudhal muraya" channels!

is there a thread for priyamani here...if it was there...was it active like shreya thread? :lol:

dhanush will have no problem to act with priyamani if priyamani have a good market like shreya or nayans..people decide it...not dhanush

Thamizh kalaachchaaraththu (???????) thanga thaaragai kumaari (??????) selvi (??????) nu title kooda irundhadhupaa.... ( ippa maaththittaanga ) :rotfl: :rotfl:

Vivasaayi
5th June 2008, 01:53 PM

We mock TR not because of his body or appearance but of his dialogs, his dandanakkas, his dialog deliveries, his body movements while talking dialogs mothuthula his actings

exactly!

people made his movies big hits when he gave some good movies with that dhadi...people started mocking at him only after he started his animated dandanakas

raaja_rasigan
5th June 2008, 01:54 PM
-------------------

:shock: :omg: MalaikOttai hittaaa :lol2:

but certainly not a Flop

sarna_blr
5th June 2008, 01:54 PM

:yes: that to because of his few recent movies :oops:

Sanjeevi
5th June 2008, 01:58 PM
Ippo TV-la KPY/APY programmessla athigama they mock Vijaykanth very often and TR gets only the second place.

Aaang varattuma immm... :lol:

rangan_08
5th June 2008, 02:12 PM

Dhanush has already acted with Priyamani in Balumahendra's " Adhu oru kanakaalam"

Thirumaran
5th June 2008, 02:35 PM
Joe/Thirumaran, I second cinemalover's opinion on 'watchman-like' heroes. We did have some of this kind in early 80's - Chandrasekhar, Thyagarajan, to name a few.

I do agree that heroes need not be handsome or well-built. But cant we expect the 'hero' to be Presentable and Healthy. Let the skeletal heros like dhanush play the role of poverty stricken guys like Pasupathy in Veyil.
//Including Kamalhasan several heroes in their initial movie are quite lean.

//Why do they want to prove they can handle 5-6 rowdies single-handedly? And why such awe-inspiring dialogues???
Does he the only one does that :huh: If a healthy(as per ur rule) guy does that will that be reasonable. :? Whoever does these, it looks stupid only for me, instead of physical appearance.

//SULLAN mattum illa, till the recent YNM, every movie of his has all masala elements to boost his image.

Dhanush knows his looks are ordinary(shabby, rather).

// What is the basepoint we are setting for this normal looks :roll: Ok let it be. there is no thumb rule that normal looking guy should not be hero.

//So why does he want the audience to believe that he is a handsome guy for whom a gorgeous girl falls.

I suppose in many of the movies he under estimates himself based on his looks. I am not sure which movie he was shown as handsome guy and only because of that handsomeness girls started loving him :?

sarna_blr
5th June 2008, 02:52 PM
//Why do they want to prove they can handle 5-6 rowdies single-handedly? And why such awe-inspiring dialogues???
Does he the only one does that :huh: If a healthy(as per ur rule) guy does that will that be reasonable. :? Whoever does these, it looks stupid only for me, instead of physical appearance.

Sivaji'la kooda Rajini 100 pEra verum kayyaala thalli viduradhu kooda adhu maadhiri dhaan irundhadhu :oops:

PS... Pls dont delete my post.... if one cancomment Dhanush, other can comment on Rajini.... because both are actors...

Thirumaran
5th June 2008, 02:56 PM
BTW does anyone has any idea when was the last time KH did these kind of unbelievable stunts and mindless punch dialogues?

sarna_blr
5th June 2008, 03:09 PM
BTW does anyone has any idea when was the last time KH did these kind of unbelievable stunts and mindless punch dialogues?

Aalavandhaan padam paakkalayaa... Nandhu Car'a kaal'la Ottuvaar.... :oops:

Atleast for me it is indigestible ..... :oops:

raaja_rasigan
5th June 2008, 03:11 PM

vettayadu vilayadu - chinna pasangala :)

character-a parthu pesuna 50% punch dialak screen parthu pesuna 100% punch dialak

Munsamy
5th June 2008, 03:17 PM

some samples for kamal fighting (and winning) against a grp of ppl:
pks
5tricks
anbesivam(so called class movie)
mx
vrmbbs
virumandi

he also tried vijay style rope flying stunts in:
vrmbbs
mx
pks
virumandi

want more examples ???

cinemalover
5th June 2008, 03:18 PM
some thoughts
-------------------

after reading many of the above points i wish to make some comments,

1.regarding looks , looks always matter most in any film industry, in TFI its been pushed to the background for vested interests of certain people.

2.in 1970s sivakumar become a major star, and inspite of his acting talents, the first point of success was his face cut and hairstyle(at the time every hero had a wig he and jaishnakar appeared with natural hair )

3.kamalhassan was lean in beggining and he acted only as ordinary youth till he become a major star(he never flexed muscles like dhanush ,though he had dancing skills) in his first film as adult he appeared as abrahmin youth of lower middle class(which you can see till a resemblance in brahmin households).

4.rajini compensated his lack of physical attraction , with his style,peculiar dialogue delivery and mannerisms and also he had powerful eyes that worked well with camera focussing.

5.actually vijaykant got his first break when he accidently drove into the office premise of sa chandrasekaran when the latter was looking for a angry rough dark tamil youth for his next movie.

6.in 70s and 80s many filmamkers dominated TFI. so they chose heros who suit their stories.manirathnam chose murali in pagal nilavu,whereas he chose aravind swamy in roja, in both films heros with the guidance of director acted well and films were superhits.

7.in early 90s a major chunk of women were crazy after aravindswamy, who quickly replaced kamal in this respect, so looks matter. same is the case of ajith and madhavan-whose initial successes were only due to looks and not acting talent.

8.someone called prashanth a poor actor,
why should he be agood actor?
are vijay,vishal,jayam ravi exceptional actors?
prashanth had his share of hits in late 90s and 2000s.and he was also one of the hearthrobs of tamil cinema.
he is better than jayam ravi the cut paste hero of kollywood.

9.someone says dhanush is a good actor-sorry my friend acting talent is no way a direct reflection of success i TFI, if that is so then sivaji might have been a CM and kamal the superstar.

10.so my theerpu(as naatamai of this topic),
dhanush,jayam ravi,vishal and all like other stay and succeed only due to powerplay and not due to looks,acting skills or personal acievement at BO.

sarna_blr
5th June 2008, 03:19 PM

character-a parthu pesuna 50% punch dialak screen parthu pesuna 100% punch dialak

Vettayaadu vilayadula innoru scene irukku... Villan (doctor ???) kaththiyaala Kamal'a kuththittu.... Raagavan , innum konja nEraththula saagappOra... unna ennaala mattum dhaan kaappaaththa mudiyum nu salvaapla....
adhukkappuram Kamal pala maadi kattadaththula irundhu keela kudhihchu uyir pozhachchikkuvaar.... :oops:

TM annaa , nammbura maadhiri irukkaa.... :roll:

In Tamizh film industry no hero is exceptional.....

hattori_hanzo
5th June 2008, 03:19 PM

I do agree that heroes need not be handsome or well-built. But cant we expect the 'hero' to be Presentable and Healthy. Let the skeletal heros like dhanush play the role of poverty stricken guys like Pasupathy in Veyil.
//Including Kamalhasan several heroes in their initial movie are quite lean.

Lean, but not anorexic. Kamal was handsome and the loverboy/casanova roles fitted him like a T. Please dont compare teenage Kamal with Dhanush. At least Alaigal oyvadhillai Karthik'nu sonnalavadhu othukkalam.

Adhanala dhaan "they" nnu sonnen.

If a healthy(as per ur rule) guy does that will that be reasonable. :?

OF COURSE YES! Sarathkumar 5 pera adicha nambalam. Adhaye Dhanush senja thamaasu!

//SULLAN mattum illa, till the recent YNM, every movie of his has all masala elements to boost his image.

Dhanush knows his looks are ordinary(shabby, rather).

// What is the basepoint we are setting for this normal looks :roll: Ok let it be. there is no thumb rule that normal looking guy should not be hero.

Basepoint, thumb rule yedhuvum illa..Aana "Rasanai" nnu onnu irukku le?

//So why does he want the audience to believe that he is a handsome guy for whom a gorgeous girl falls.

I suppose in many of the movies he under estimates himself based on his looks. I am not sure which movie he was shown as handsome guy and only because of that handsomeness girls started loving him :?

He underestimates himselves only in his recent movies - only after several attempts to boost his mass image failed...

Munsamy
5th June 2008, 03:21 PM

kamal is no different from other actors when it comes to trying his hand at unbelievable stunts
the only difference is that his expressions are as if he is doing it really

joe
5th June 2008, 03:29 PM
acting talent is no way a direct reflection of success i TFI, if that is so then sivaji might have been a CM and kamal the superstar.

oh! if Sivaji can't become a CM ,means he was not a succesful star ? :x What a crap ? :evil:

No point in argueing :huh:

sarna_blr
5th June 2008, 03:32 PM
9.someone says dhanush is a good actor-sorry my friend acting talent is no way a direct reflection of success i TFI, if that is so then sivaji might have been a CM and kamal the superstar.

:sigh2:

sarna_blr
5th June 2008, 03:38 PM
8.someone called prashanth a poor actor,
why should he be agood actor?
are vijay,vishal,jayam ravi exceptional actors?
prashanth had his share of hits in late 90s and 2000s.and he was also one of the hearthrobs of tamil cinema.
he is better than jayam ravi the cut paste hero of kollywood.

that is the reason for his lost market.... :lol:

In TFI , Acting talent is must to succeed... there may 1 or 2 exceptional cases...

rangan_08
5th June 2008, 03:44 PM
Ok, now how do you guys term the fight sequences in Rajkiran & Bala films ????

Atleast people dont' fly in air in most of the above people's films. It seems to be quite believable to some extent. Believe me.

Vivasaayi
5th June 2008, 03:47 PM
1.regarding looks , looks always matter most in any film industry, in TFI its been pushed to the background for vested interests of certain people.

i think its disgusting to hear that physical appearence as a mandatory for becomeing hero!

rajni won by his style in initial stages

dhanush by acting(kadhal kondaen)

vijayakanth,vijaya tr and many won without looking like a manmadhan...do u say all of them were made heroes for the personal interest of others

sevappa kolukolunu laddu maadhiri irundhathan heroeva :oops:

10.so my theerpu(as naatamai of this topic),
dhanush,jayam ravi,vishal and all like other stay and succeed only due to powerplay and not due to looks,acting skills or personal acievement at BO.

inga yarum theerpu sollavelam mudiyadhu...panjayatha aarambikkathan mudiyum...just like "enna yaarum yedhuvum pesama chumma ukaandhirukeenga...sattu buttunu aarambeenga"! :lol:

u dont have answer what powerplay dhanush had when he gave 3 silver jubilees.... :huh:

Vivasaayi
5th June 2008, 03:50 PM
cinema lover just dont understand that rajni is a terrific actor with thee,johnny,mullum malarum,6 il irundhu 60 varai,engeyo keatta kural types

only a terrific actor like shivaji/rajni can do believable style..if others do it would be a comedy

cinemalover thinks that rajni won only because of style

let that be rajni,vijayakanth,rajkiran,vijaya tr,dhanush ...they had talent!

they won...no lobbying at all

Vivasaayi
5th June 2008, 03:53 PM
Ok, now how do you guys term the fight sequences in Rajkiran & Bala films ????

Atleast people dont' fly in air in most of the above people's films. It seems to be quite believable to some extent. Believe me.

mahanadhi had a wonderful sequence!

Vivasaayi
5th June 2008, 03:57 PM
gunas fight sequences in the hill were outstanding :clap:

cinemalover
5th June 2008, 03:57 PM
silver jublee hits is not a indication of a good or big actor

the two tamil actors who gave the most number of silver jublee hits are ravichandran 35 silver jubilee hits and mike mohan 25 silver jubilee hits.

regarding the powerplay behind dhanush's initial suceess i have to answer in 100s of points to prove my point, which will lead to many more debates.
but i can say one thing in one word
those who know TFI very well will know it

its pyramid natarajan(who own 250-300screens across south india).
thats all

there are certain biggies in TFI who can make thing the way they want.

oscar ravichandran made marudhamalai a superhit in 25 days and a case has been pending against him producers's council for the methods he applied.

there is group war, power struggle and many behind the scene happenings, personal rivalry contribute many success/failure in kollywood.

everything can not be said in the public.
not they are controversial its unnecessary,
we are here for fun and time passing not investigative journalism.

sarna_blr
5th June 2008, 03:59 PM
cinema lover just dont understand that rajni is a terrific actor with thee,johnny,mullum malarum,6 il irundhu 60 varai,engeyo keatta kural types

only a terrific actor like shivaji/rajni can do believable style..if others do it would be a comedy

cinemalover thinks that rajni won only because of style

let that be rajni,vijayakanth,rajkiran,vijaya tr,dhanush ...they had talent!

they won...no lobbying at all

Vivasaayi
5th June 2008, 03:59 PM
silver jublee hits is not a indication of a good or big actor

the two tamil actors who gave the most number of silver jublee hits are ravichandran 35 silver jubilee hits and mike mohan 25 silver jubilee hits.

regarding the powerplay behind dhanush's initial suceess i have to answer in 100s of points to prove my point, which will lead to many more debates.
but i can say one thing in one word
those who know TFI very well will know it

its pyramid natarajan(who own 250-300screens across south india).
thats all

do u think kashthooriraja can do that powerplay to make kadhal kondaen,thulluvadho ilamai as hits!

apuram yen sir avaru padam edhayum oda vveikala?

littlemaster1982
5th June 2008, 04:01 PM
Pyramid Natarajan himself produced 2-3 movies and none of them were big hits. One I could remember is Sangamam. Inspite of hit songs of ARR, the film went on to be a dud.

If I'm not wrong, Sangamam was the first film to be shown in TV as "Indhiya tholaikaatchigalil mudhanmuraiyaaga". If he owns 250-300 screens, he could have made that film also a huge hit.

Engaiyo idikkudhey :roll:

Vivasaayi
5th June 2008, 04:03 PM
Pyramid Natarajan himself produced 2-3 movies and none of them were big hits. One I could remember is Sangamam. Inspite of hit songs of ARR, the film went on to be a dud.

If I'm not wrong, Sangamam was the first film to be shown in TV as "Indhiya tholaikaatchigalil mudhanmuraiyaaga". If he owns 250-300 screens, he could have made that film also a huge hit.

pyramid natarajan after joining with saimira groups than peria aalu!

adhu kooda cinemarasigan ku :confused2:

naan soldradhu correctuthana...pyramid natarajan joined with saimira groups to make a big time producer :roll:

raaja_rasigan
5th June 2008, 04:04 PM

adhukkenna panradhu.. sattiyila irundhathanu agappayila varum.. :lol: (gounder as suththi josiyar)

sarna_blr
5th June 2008, 04:05 PM

if kasturiraja does power play, then DREAMS would have been a MEGA BLOCKBUSTER.... :huh:

Vivasaayi
5th June 2008, 04:05 PM

adhukkenna panradhu.. sattiyila irundhathanu agappayila varum.. :lol: (gounder as suththi josiyar)

idhu krame....

ennadhu kramea

cinemalover
5th June 2008, 04:07 PM
see in 1999 he produced sangamam and incurred heavy losses.
the he produced udhaya in a heavy budget that too put on hold for many years, and he had to go to court to make simran finish the film,

he apppeared in character roles in 2000-04 in many films and suddenly by 2005 he owns a company that is biggest distributor of tamil cinema, now he is investing 100crores in promoting tamil cinema in foriegn countries.

thats what i am saying it will go like investigative journalism instead of funny discussion.

in 2004 he and simran fought bittere battles in court, because of which simran lost the chance of acting in aayutha ezuthu.

now the same person is paying crores of rupeesa to simran for a 1 year contract of serials in jaya tv.

since i am wholly into cinema i see many things better than cinema goers.
so we cant go so deep in everything, we can only follow like it or not, take it or leave.

sarna_blr
5th June 2008, 04:10 PM
the he produced udhaya in a heavy budget that too put on hold for many years, and he had to go to court to make simran finish the film,

he apppeared in character roles in 2000-04 in many films and suddenly by 2005 he owns a company that is biggest distributor of tamil cinema, now he is investing 100crores in promoting tamil cinema in foriegn countries.

thats what i am saying it will go like investigative journalism instead of funny discussion.

in 2004 he and simran fought bittere battles in court, because of which simran lost the chance of acting in aayutha ezuthu.

now the same person is paying crores of rupeesa to simran for a 1 year contract of serials in jaya tv.

so we cant go so deep in everything, we can only follow like it or not, take it or leave.

so ur insisting to us to read and ignore than discussing/analysing :roll:

Vivasaayi
5th June 2008, 04:12 PM

investigation journalismlam edhuku?

i think its a combination of many big heads...saimira itself is a different organisation!somebody could throw light on this issue

littlemaster1982
5th June 2008, 04:13 PM

Dhanush's three biggest hits (Thulluvadho Ilamai, Kaadhal Kondaen & Thiruda Thirudi) were released before 2004. Thiruda Thirudi got released on Sept 2003. How could you explain this?

After a long gap, Polladhavan is the genuine hit for Dhanush. That film had substance to be a hit. I don't think that film needs a Pyramid Natarajan to be a hit. I'm not sure about YNM's BO status.

I agree that you know more about TFI than any of us. But some of the conclusions you arrive at don't make any sense even after your explanations. No offence meant :)

cinemalover
5th June 2008, 04:13 PM
no i want to draw line between funnny entertainmenet and scholorly discussion.

no point in going so deep.

a person bankrupt in 2003 is a powerful biggie a couple of years later.

whats use in discussing it
this happen in any field.

thats what i mean

Vivasaayi
5th June 2008, 04:15 PM
no i want to draw line between funnny entertainmenet and scholorly discussion.

no point in going so deep.

a person bankrupt in 2003 is a powerful biggie a couple of years later.

whats use in discussing it
this happen in any field.

thats what i mean

why should we discuss abt pyramid saimira now?

im just asking even if pyramid natarajan was so big...was kasthooriraja influential? :lol:

sarna_blr
5th June 2008, 04:17 PM
Dhanush's three biggest hits (Thulluvadho Ilamai, Kaadhal Kondaen & Thiruda Thirudi) were released before 2004. Thiruda Thirudi got released on Sept 2003. How could you explain this?

After a long gap, Polladhavan is the genuine hit for Dhanush. That film had substance to be a hit. I don't think that film needs a Pyramid Natarajan to be a hit. I'm not sure about YNM's BO status.

I agree that you know more about TFI than any of us. But some of the conclusions you arrive at don't make any sense even after your explanations. No offence meant :)

LM unga writing'a paakkumbOdhu school'la essay padikkura feeling. No offence meant :)

But ur points are valid :exactly:

wn someone tries to make polladhavan a big hit... y cant the same person do it for PEAS and DREAMS... :roll:

raaja_rasigan
5th June 2008, 04:23 PM
Thiruvilayadal Aarambam is a Hit for Dhanush

is Rhythm produced by pyramid? - That is also a flop

Kalyasi
5th June 2008, 04:25 PM
Yes Rhythm was produced by Pyramid Natrajan!!

littlemaster1982
5th June 2008, 04:25 PM

Yeah. I was not sure earlier. Adhulaiyum ellam nalla songs. Padam TV-ladhan nalla oduchu :cry:

sarna_blr
5th June 2008, 04:29 PM

I dunno abt the producer....but the film was an average hit.... and the songs were based on PANJABOODHANGAL created some buzz in industry... :)

1.. ThaniyE thannandhaniyE...nilamEy poru nilamE----Nilam
2..NadhiyE nadhiyE-- Neer
3... gala gala poziyum megam ingu--- Vaanam
4...Kaatre en vaasal--- kaatru
5... one more song based on neruppu.... thee

Kalyasi
5th June 2008, 04:29 PM

Yeah. I was not sure earlier. Adhulaiyum ellam nalla songs. Padam TV-ladhan nalla oduchu :cry:

I went for the FDFS in Trichy(Kaveri Theatre)... Padam pathi oduna udane oru comment

"Yov Intha Padam Venaam ya Kokila Enge Pogiraal Serial Potrunga ya athaye pathukarom" :lol: :lol:

Thirumaran
5th June 2008, 04:52 PM
Vettayaadu vilayadula innoru scene irukku... Villan (doctor ???) kaththiyaala Kamal'a kuththittu.... Raagavan , innum konja nEraththula saagappOra... unna ennaala mattum dhaan kaappaaththa mudiyum nu salvaapla....
adhukkappuram Kamal pala maadi kattadaththula irundhu keela kudhihchu uyir pozhachchikkuvaar.... :oops:

Of course i was not saying that. I was wondering as i could not see such unbelievable stunts in recent times.

As someone said Aalavandaan fights for me fits what i look as unbelievable. Other films mentioned i could not find such. First of all normal man fighting against a group itself is unbelievble. But i did not mean that.

As for you above example, that exceptional cases occurs in normal life. That is getting to life from the position of death. it happens. they did not show anything like after falling from the building started walking right away. That is fine with me.

Sanjeevi
5th June 2008, 04:54 PM

Proof?

I know about only

Athey Kangal
Kadhalikka neramillai

can you list 33 SJ of ravichandran? We can check with our some informative hubbers

Thirumaran
5th June 2008, 04:55 PM

I know some one will tell this. I wonder while picturising it was meant to be punch dialogue. For me it looked normal. But somehow it became such a big punch :roll:

Thirumaran
5th June 2008, 04:56 PM

Proof?

I know about only

Athey Kangal
Kadhalikka neramillai

can you list 33 SJ of ravichandran? We can check with our some informative hubbers

Mothamaa herovaa ivanga ithana padam nadichirupaangala :roll:

raaja_rasigan
5th June 2008, 05:01 PM

Proof?

I know about only

Athey Kangal
Kadhalikka neramillai

u missed out..

RAMANA (may be a 100 day film)
ARUNACHALAM

indha madhiri add panna 35 varalam

illai.. 3.5-ya 35-nu typittaro :roll:

sarna_blr
5th June 2008, 05:02 PM

Of course i was not saying that. I was wondering as i could not see such unbelievable stunts in recent times.

As someone said Aalavandaan fights for me fits what i look as unbelievable. Other films mentioned i could not find such. First of all normal man fighting against a group itself is unbelievble. But i did not mean that.

As for you above example, that exceptional cases occurs in normal life. That is getting to life from the position of death. it happens. they did not show anything like after falling from the building started walking right away. That is fine with me.

adhayum naandhaan sonnEn... :twisted:

raaja_rasigan
5th June 2008, 05:05 PM
oomai vizhigal (for ravichandran silver joobileeeeee)

Sanjeevi
5th June 2008, 05:07 PM

Proof?

I know about only

Athey Kangal
Kadhalikka neramillai

u missed out..

ARUNACHALAM

indha madhiri add panna 35 varalam

I know some other films of Ravichandran such as Uthravinri ullae vaa (good comedy flick) and Moonreluthu (good action movie), I agree they had good runs. Others pls throw lights about rest of ravichandran movies

Sanjeevi
5th June 2008, 05:09 PM
ARUNACHALAM

Ippadi panninal 35 reach oru velai agalam. But I belive cinemalover said only SJ movies in which ravi acted as hero :huh:

Thirumaran
5th June 2008, 05:13 PM

Enakku oru unmai therinjaakanum.

oru vaelai athu Oscar Ravichandran aa irukumo :mrgreen:

Thirumaran
5th June 2008, 05:15 PM

Oh. antha kanraaviyayum neengathaan sonneengala :twisted:

cancer
5th June 2008, 05:23 PM
:lol: :lol: Dhanusukku ivlavu fans aa :lol2:

sarna_blr
5th June 2008, 05:34 PM

Aalavandhaan padam paakkalayaa... Nandhu Car'a kaal'la Ottuvaar.... :oops:

Atleast for me it is indigestible ..... :oops:

Oh. antha kanraaviyayum neengathaan sonneengala :twisted:

sarna_blr
5th June 2008, 05:37 PM
ARUNACHALAM

Ippadi panninal 35 reach oru velai agalam. But I belive cinemalover said only SJ movies in which ravi acted as hero :huh:

I heard that Ravichandran is called as Vellivizhaa Naayagan, because of his continuos Silver jubilee... :roll:
any known person clear my doubt ( proof must :evil: )....

Thirumaran
5th June 2008, 05:37 PM
naanathaan appavae nambitaenae.. Ithukaagava time spend panni quote pannanum :huh:

Makklae inga paarunga, konjam paeru evvalavu vvettiyaa irukaangannu :oops:

sarna_blr
5th June 2008, 05:42 PM
naanathaan appavae nambitaenae.. Ithukaagava time spend panni quote pannanum :huh:

Makklae inga paarunga, konjam paeru evvalavu vvettiyaa irukaangannu :oops:

:shhh: silar post pannaama vettiyaa padikka mattum seivaanga :lol2:

cancer
5th June 2008, 05:44 PM
People try to ustd wat selva was telling, even though given 5 consecutive flops Dhanush can release his films in more no of screens, but its not possible for Talents like Madhavan Surya and all.

rangan_08
5th June 2008, 05:44 PM
" Iruvar Ullam " is another block buster by Ravichandran, I guess - not sure.....

Srimannarayanan
5th June 2008, 07:15 PM
" Iruvar Ullam " is another block buster by
Ravichandran, I guess - not sure.....

May be

But 35 is too much.

Nerd
5th June 2008, 07:51 PM
sabbaaa :sigh2:

cinemalover
5th June 2008, 09:48 PM
http://www.thehindu.com/2005/12/22/stories/2005122218050200.htm

Nenjathai Killadhey (365 days)

Kilinjalgal (over 250 days)

Payanangal Mudivathillai (over 500 days)

Gopurangal Saivathillai (over 200 days)

Naan Paadum Paadal (over 200 days)

Ilamai Kaalangal (over 200 days)

Manaivi Solley Manthiram (175 days)

Saranaalayam (175 days)

Vidhi (175 days)

Unnai Naan Sandhithen (175 days)

Osai (175 days)

Vengayin Mainthan (175 days)

Nooravadhu Naal (over 200 days)

Udhaya Geetham (over 200 days)

Idaya Kovil (over 200 days) upon its second release totals 200 days

Thendrale Ennai Thodu (over 250 days)

Pillai Nila (over 200 days)

Kunguma Chimizh (175 days)

Mella Thirandhathu Kadhavu (over 200 days) in Colombo

Uyire Unakkaaga (175 days)

mohan films

Mouna Ragam (over 250 days)

December Pookkal (175 days)

Rettai Vaal Kuruvi (175 days)

Theerthakaraiyinile (175 days)

Sahadevan Mahadevan (175 days)

cinemalover
5th June 2008, 09:49 PM
mohan filmography

1. Anbulla Kadhalukku (1999)
2. Kattu Gudhirai (1999)
3. Uruvam (1991)
4. Valiba Vilayattu (1990)
5. Jagadala Prathapan (1990)
6. Idhaya Dheepam (1989)
7. Thalaivanukkor Thalaivi (1989)
8. Manidhan Marivittan (1989)
9. Paasa Mazhai (1989)
10. Vasanthi (1988)
11. Sahadevan Mahadevan (1988)
12. Ananda Aradhanai (1987)
13. Rettaivaal Kuruvi (1987)
14. Theertha Karayinile (1987)
15. Neram Nallarukku (1987)
16. Ore Ratham (1987)
17. Paadu Nilave (1987)
18. Ayiram Pookkal Malarattum (1986)
19. Mella Thiranthathu Kadhavu (1986)
20. Mouna Ragam (1986)
21. Unnai Ondru Ketpen (1986)
22. Uyire Unakkaka (1986)
23. Paru Paru Pattanam Paru (1986)
24. December Pookkal (1986)
25. Udaya Geetham (1985)
26. Idaya Kovil (1985)
27. Kunguma Chimizh (1985)
28. Thendraley Ennai Thodu (1985)
29. Unakkaga Oru Roja (1985)
30. Naan Ungal Rasigan (1985)
31. Deiva Piravi (1985)
32. Annee (1985)
33. Anbin Mugavari (1985)
34. Panam Pathum Seiyum (1985)
35. Nooravathu Naal (1984)
36. Naan Paadum Paadal (1984)
37. Sattathai Thiruthungal (1984)
38. Rusi (1984)
39. Osai (1984)
40. Shanthi Muhurtham (1984)
41. 24 Mani Neram (1984)
42. Ambigai Neril Vandhal (1984)
43. Vai Pandhal (1984)
44. Vidhi (1984)
45. Magudi (1984)
46. Nalam Nalamariya Aaval (1984)
47. Nenjathai Allitha (1984)
48. Nirabarathi (1984)
49. Anbe Odivaa (1984)
50. Oh Mane Mane (1984)
51. Ilamai Kaalangal (1983)
52. Thungatha Kannendru Ondru (1983)
53. Saranalayam (1983)
54. Saranalayam (1983)
55. Naalu Perukku Nandri (1983)
56. Manaivi Solle Mandiram (1983)
57. Andha Silanatkal (1983)
58. Nenjamellam Neeye (1983)
59. Jothi (1983)
60. Gopurangal Saayvathillai (1982)
61. Chinnan Chirusugal (1982)
62. Lottery Ticket (1982)
63. Payanangal Mudivadhillai (1982)
64. Theeratha Vilayattu Pillai (1982)
65. Kathalithupaar (1982)
66. Idho Varukiren (1982)
67. Kadavulukku Oor Kadidham (1982)
68. Kadhoduthan Naan Pesuven (1982)
69. Ponmudy (1982)
70. Kilinjalgal (1981)
71. Nenchathai Killathe (1980)
72. Nadagame Ulagam (1979)
73. Thoondil Meen (1977)

Raikkonen
5th June 2008, 09:51 PM
sahadevan mahadevan ellam epdida 175 naal odichi?

cinemalover
5th June 2008, 10:01 PM
ravichandran

kadhalikka neramillai 1964

athey kangal 1967

thai veetu seethanam 1975

-biggest hit of the year

nimirndu nil 1968

sabatham 1971

kumari penn 1966

utharavindri ulle vaa

akkarai pachhai

rosha kaari

veetukku vandha marumagal

idhaya kamalam

naan

cinemalover
5th June 2008, 10:06 PM
i will give almost all films very soon

the above ones are memorable ones

jaishankar and ravichandran ruled tfi in late 60s and early 70s

at the time jaishankar acted as villain in murattu kaalai with rajini he completed 175 films as hero

ravichandran acted in 150 films with 75% as hero.

he appeared in oomai vizhigal after a long break

as its a common industry talk that he and mohan gave the most number of silver jubilee hits in TFI

also in 70s the entire film was shot in 20-30 days so these heros acted in 8 to 10 films in a year

even rajin and kamal acted like that in their formative years, if you check their list of films.

the problem is i have watched 90% of mohan's films as i have noted in my diary, but in ravichandran case i have watched neraly 100 movies of him but unable to recall which is what.

if you check with any 50 year oild person or one who watched movies very much in 70s he will tell about ravichandran.

cinemalover
5th June 2008, 10:10 PM
actually 175 days are all hype
at the time in late 70s and early 80s there were 200 producers in TFI, now only a dozen

afilm releases only in 40 50 screens in tamilnadu

i know sindhu bairavin running in subham now sathyam multiples for 350 days

before 1990, it was said the two enetertainment to chennaites were films and marina beach.

arunachalam was the first film to be released in more than 150 theatres in 1997, so yopu compare the period difference.
sivaji opened in 400 screens,atm 271 and billa only 203(stats given by distributors0

actuaally in baba2002 only rajin film was released in more than 6 screens in chennai city.

cinemalover
5th June 2008, 10:22 PM
now the film's success is depends entirely on the first two weeks.

last year ATM was released in 271 screens, before the movie was declared a failure, all got back money in the first 2 weeks itself.

simply thing like the following hypothetical situation.

271*500seats*4shows--542000people watch it a day
if each pays atleast 25 rs. the total collection per day is 1.35crores

multiply it by 14 days and youll gert nearly 20crores.
an average vijay film costs 15-20 crores to make.
so after two weeks everything collects at the counter is profit

the 500seats is too minimal, particularly rajinkanth whose films release only in big screens.

it was said sivaji collected 5 crore per day, and imagine black ticket selling.
tickets are sold at 5 to 10 times in the first two weeks the how much profit thetaer owners make.

so nowadays there is nothing to earn from a film after 5 weeks.

silver jebilee and other related terms are purely 80s term.
thulluvatho ilaami completed 175 days in woodlands sympony (350seats),owned by sai mira fgroup of pyramid natarajan.

i saw the film in 80 th day with half a thetre full , mostly by students of nearby schools.

whereas last oct.1 i saw sivaji in udhayam theter, which was houseful and the movie was taken at 140days to pave way for ATM in nov.7 2007.

and sivaji was made to run in abirami complex for 180 days just to complete the formalities.

similarly vijay's sachin in 2005 ran for 175 days in baby albert theater noon show
although everyone know it was a failure.

Nerd
5th June 2008, 11:07 PM
CL,
If we apply the same ATM logic to sachein, will it still be a failure :P

cinemalover
5th June 2008, 11:13 PM
no sachin was not released at those number of theters,
the major theaters at the time,ie 14-04-2005 were shared by chandramukhi and mumbai express.
chandramukhi itself was released only in 176 screens in a safe way, they dont want another debacle like baba.

actually baba collected nearly 40crores in 2002 more than gemini,run,ramana ,the big hits of the year.
but it was far low when compared to padayappa of 1999, rajini's own production in which rajini got more than 50% of the gross.

padayappa grossed more than kuck kuch hota hai, the biggest all india hit of 1998

baba had best opening beating chiru's indra .

ajithfederer
5th June 2008, 11:14 PM
Raaja rasigan

In the movie Kamal says to the press meet "rendu chinna pasanga rendu perthukkum orae ideologies ..... He ends the scene with the ultimate line local-a sonna avanuga rendu perum gaali...enga baashai la sonna koodia veraivila pidichiruvom. That dialogue gels with the movie completely and it doesnt stick out unlike the numerous other punch dialaaks which are said just for the heck of it

Its a travesty that you included that dialogue with mindless punch dialaaks category !! :)

I know some one will tell this. I wonder while picturising it was meant to be punch dialogue. For me it looked normal. But somehow it became such a big punch :roll:

Nerd
5th June 2008, 11:17 PM
Tank yu!
Baba's opening record can be attributed to the record number of screens. (After the fans-bought-shows (the first four days), the word-of-mouth was so bad that it was removed after 25 days in many screens. But after the 30th day it had a decent run in many screens till the 60th day. THe fans who bought shows sufferred losses is another issue) => Personal experience 8-)

villan007
5th June 2008, 11:18 PM
ada R_R solla vandhadhu kamal climax stunt appo sollurathu.. 'tha chinna pasangala yaaarta

cinemalover
5th June 2008, 11:19 PM
also another phenonmenon is ,if 2opf top 5/6 heros film released simultaneously only one will get start well,

this is from 2005

2005 april chandramukhi, mumbai xpress,sachin

2005deepaval sivakasi,majaa

2006 pongal paramasivan aadhi

2007 pongal pokkiri,azhwar

2007 deepavali vel ATM

so these top heros need space between their release , also have to share the 400 -500prominent theaters,
rajini gets all when his film releases.

so by 2 weeks everyone will see profit

this technique is very well done by oscar ravichandran and pyramid natarajan, so they get profits whether the film wins or loses.

also when no major hero film is around some films use the breathing space and have a free run at BO, like mozhi,unnale unnale and malaikottai last year.

ajithfederer
5th June 2008, 11:20 PM
Theriudhu :)

I said it is entirely justified in the movie unlike other punches said just for the heck of it!

ada R_R solla vandhadhu kamal climax stunt appo sollurathu.. 'tha chinna pasangala yaaarta

villan007
5th June 2008, 11:23 PM
cinemalover oru databse-E vechirupaar pola :o :clap:

Sinthiya
5th June 2008, 11:23 PM
hehe....'Tamil Film Heroes - Analysis'....interesting title - analytical discussion...:roll:

cinemalover
5th June 2008, 11:25 PM
actually with personal experience i say that baba could have earned more but for the fans,
i watched the movie 3 times after 25 ays and i saw decent crowds in A centres, the urban middle class like more.

at the time a vijay kanth film was running empty in a 4 th day itself,
run was running houseful but in small screens.

actually last year i wnet to sivaji on 107 and that show was houseful ,ie sunday matinee.
noon show was sarth's nam nadu, and i can see as i was waiting not even 10%of occupancy in the 3 rd week itself.

thats rajini's power.

he is able to bring more people to theaters than any other hero in india.
even bolloywood bosses marvel at his power.

another hypothetical situation.
out of 6.5crores in TN,
atleast 50% watch films in theaters , and 75% of them watch rajini films in bulk,
other top heros get only a chunk only -ie 25-40%

Vivasaayi
5th June 2008, 11:28 PM
another hypothetical situation.
out of 6.5crores in TN,
atleast 50% watch films in theaters , and 75% of them watch rajini films in bulk,
other top heros get only a chunk only -ie 25-40%

what makes u guess this percentage? :lol:

survey? :huh:

cinemalover
5th June 2008, 11:32 PM
personal observation

2000films in theaters

Vivasaayi
5th June 2008, 11:34 PM
personal observation

2000films in theaters

i dont think a single persons experience can tell abt the full scenario!

in our town vijayakanth movies gather crowd even for 50 days :huh: if it was decently good!

infact vanathaipola ran for 100 days with such a crowd which is a miracle for our town...even muthu ran only for 82 days.

baba dint pull crowd even in third day!

cinemalover
5th June 2008, 11:36 PM
actually TFI is in a bad shape compared to 1980s and early 80s.

50% of population are ladies and 80% of them never come to theaters.

in 1980s ladies accounted for 50% of BO collection, thats why directors like visu,bhagyaraj, t rajendar prospered.

also we must segragate viewers into many categories.

now there is only one category,
80% of movie goers are male
70% of movie goers are below the age 30.
50% of moviegoers are students.

you may observe this with your eyes alone if you go to any movie(depending on which show)

Vivasaayi
5th June 2008, 11:37 PM
50% of population are ladies and 80% of them never come to theaters.

in 1980s ladies accounted for 50% of BO collection, thats why directors like visu,bhagyaraj, t rajendar prospered.

also we must segragate viewers into many categories.

now there is only one category,
80% of movie goers are male
70% of movie goers are below the age 30.
50% of moviegoers are students.

you may observe this with your eyes alone if you go to any movie(depending on which show)

villan007
5th June 2008, 11:39 PM

nesama sollunga adhu town thaana :noteeth:

Vivasaayi
5th June 2008, 11:41 PM

nesama sollunga adhu town thaana :noteeth:

im from palani...u can ask anyone from there

it released in ramesh theatre

cinemalover
5th June 2008, 11:42 PM
vaanathai pola was a big hit in chennai also.
actually in 1990s all movies ran well.
in 1990s i went to a salem and i saw 6 films in a week,
a rajini film,
a dr.rajasekar film
a prabhu film
a anil kapoor film
a kamal hassan film
and a jackie chan film
it was april may time
all the films were running into full house.

that was the golden time of cinema

TV had completely eaten cinema's power.

actually i goto movies when there is a cricket match, as i get tickets easily.

in 80s and early 90s the TV reach was low and there were no morning progammes, but come year 2000 things ahave gone worse for TFi

see the statistics for 2006,

http://www.cooljilax.com/movie2006/stats2006.html

villan007
5th June 2008, 11:44 PM
im from palani...u can ask anyone from there

it released in ramesh theatre

wogay cool down..summa oru GK ku than ketten :P

cinemalover
5th June 2008, 11:45 PM
palani has a poplation of may be 1 or 2 lakhs,
the unoffical population of chennai is 1.10crores.
also chennai has anothe 25 to 40 lakhs of moving population.
how many people come to palani everyday.

Vivasaayi
5th June 2008, 11:47 PM
palani has a poplation of may be 1 or 2 lakhs,
the unoffical population of chennai is 1.10crores.
also chennai has anothe 25 to 40 lakhs of moving population.
how many people come to palani everyday.

palani is a temple city...so u can guess!

what i mean is...from town to town the audience differ!

in palani...a film like suriya vamsam and vanathai pola would run more than baasha

simple

cinemalover
5th June 2008, 11:51 PM
yes that sure.
i accept
but madhvan film will go well in chennai,tiruchi and coimbatore.

minnare , dumdumdum were going very well in chennai like any ajith vijay film.

Nerd
6th June 2008, 12:17 AM
ennadhu 2000 padamaa :shock:

thilak4life
6th June 2008, 12:38 AM
2000 films? :shock: :clap:

I'm also planning to watch my 600th downloaded film/documentary since year 2002 (since when I started to get broadband, and got introduced to Imdb/metacritic list). I maintain an excel for films watched from my hard disk, and it's darn tough let me tell you. :D And I thought I must be insane :wink: Now we got someone on a different level! :lol:

Nerd
6th June 2008, 12:47 AM
And the thing is 2000 films in theaters :shock: and most if them Tamil I believe :bow:

thilak4life
6th June 2008, 01:05 AM
And the thing is 2000 films in theaters :shock: and most if them Tamil I believe :bow:

Didn't know THAT! That's mindblowing.

selvakumar
6th June 2008, 01:12 AM
see the statistics for 2006,

http://www.cooljilax.com/movie2006/stats2006.html

Ajith (3 Films)
PARAMASIVAM(Flop) THIRUPATHI (Average) VARALARU(Super Hit)

Vijay (1 Film)
AATHI(Average)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

CL, Box office report la neenga KING :notworthy: Please continue your analysis... I am eager to read them. :redjump:

selvakumar
6th June 2008, 01:13 AM
From the same link,

The big directors could not give a hit - Balachander (POI), Selvaraghavan (PUTHUPETTAI), Perarasu(THIRUPATHI & DHARMAPURI).
and the big directors are
1. Balachandar
2. Selvaraghavan
3. Perarasu
:notworthy:

Ithuvallavoe analysis :rotfl2:

thilak4life
6th June 2008, 01:20 AM
:shock: ippidi left-u right-nu pinni pedal edukureenga. :rotfl: