PDA

View Full Version : U || Nairsan | Albert | Mohanlal | Jackie Chan ||

Ramakrishna
16th June 2008, 11:34 PM
There is a news report of an Indo-Japanese project "Nairsan" in the latest issue of Vellinakshatram, a local magazine in malayalam. The article also carries short interviews with the movie's lead actor Mohanlal and director Albert. I am posting a translation of the article here. There is only one line in the whole article about ARR. But if you want to know more about this Mohanlal - Jackie Chan starrer, read along:

Mohanlal and Jackie Chan unite for Indo-Japanese project "Nairsan"

Mohanlal, one of India's greatest actors of all time, is joining hands with martial arts superstar Jackie Chan in the Indo-Japanese period cinema "Nairsan". The movie tells the story of freedom fighter Nairsan (Mohanlal) who fought against British colonialism in Japan. Jackie Chan will be seen fighting along side Nairsan in his war against colonialism.

Director Albert who made the critically acclaimed Indian cinema "Kanne Madanguka" will handle the story and direction. Actor Mohanlal is said to be very much thrilled about his character.

Nairsan, whose real name is Ayyappan Pilla Madhavan Nair, was born to a tamil Brahmin father and malayalee mother. He was born and bought up in Trivandrum, Kerala, India. Even during school days, Nairsan and his friends fought against the British rule in India. Later he was forced to leave to Japan via Sri Lanka and continued the fight against British rule from there.

"My parents have actually met Nairsan in person. He used to live in Poojappura which is near my home", said a thrilled Mohanlal.

The movie will cover Nairsan's entire Japanese episode and will feature his sincere attempts to overthrow the British government. The entire screenplay in English is ready. Works on Japanese translation is progressing fast.

Mohanlal has alloted a total of 125 days for the movie. Nairsan will have a world-wide release. In Asia the movie will be in Japanese while it will be dubbed in English for other parts of the world. Jackie Chan will join for a 15 day shoot starting September 1st.

The action sequences featuring Jackie Chan and Mohanlal will be shot at the Mongolian desert in the Russia-China border. The stunt choreography is by Jackie Chan Stunt Team. Director Albert, who is leaving for Japan next week, will meet JC Stunt team to discuss about the rehearsals and other preparations needed for the fight scene.

The movie, which will be conceived in a historical fiction format, will feature two Japanese and one Mongolian song. A R Rahman, one of India's greatest composers of all time, will be handling the music department. Though a period drama, the movie will be made keeping the commercial aspects in mind. Production cost is estimated to cross INR 60 crores ($15 million).

Director Albert Speaks:

How did Jackie Chan become part of the project?
I contacted Jackie Chan's office in Japan. They asked me to mail the basic concept of the story. What really attracted me to the story was the struggle the Asians under-went, in their attempt to get freed from British colonial rule.

Did you meet Jackie Chan in person?
Yes I did. And he thanked me for making him part of such an ambitious project. Jackie's role will be that of a saviour who helps Nairsan during the fight in the Mongolian desert.

Ramakrishna
16th June 2008, 11:35 PM
http://nairsan.com/html/media_index.htm

Music maestro A.R.Rahman will be doing music for the film. The traditional Mongolian & Japanese songs included in the film will be a different experience for the music lovers.

thineshan54321
17th June 2008, 02:28 AM
IS THERE ANYTHING ARR CANT DO IN MUSIC????? hindustani to carnatic to western to bhangara to pop to rock to rap and now traditional mongolian (japanese) music. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

directhit
17th June 2008, 05:25 PM
:shock: WOWWOWO!!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)

Ramakrishna
24th January 2009, 03:13 PM
http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=MuRM5naCLck

Mohanlal speaks about this movie

SoftSword
27th January 2009, 03:39 PM
IS THERE ANYTHING ARR CANT DO IN MUSIC????? hindustani to carnatic to western to bhangara to pop to rock to rap and now traditional mongolian (japanese) music. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oflate i always get an impression that he is a magician with a magical wand than a musician with keyboard... :roll:

Yathu
27th January 2009, 03:45 PM

oflate i always get an impression that he is a magician with a magical wand than a musician with keyboard... :roll:

BUT magicians perform tricks & illusions. Theres no trick to ARRs work...just genius. :D

SoftSword
27th January 2009, 04:06 PM

BUT magicians perform tricks & illusions. Theres no trick to ARRs work...just genius. :D

there is no trick or illusion... but its still magic...
how he manages to churn out such numbers which are so unique one after the other... in new trends, which no one here would even think of...