PDA

View Full Version : Latest News & Other Tidbits on AR Rahman (II)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

NOV
22nd July 2008, 06:11 AM
Welcome to the second thread offering the latest news and tidbits on Isai Puyal, AR Rahman!

[html:b9043472db]
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h42/N_O_V/ARR.jpg
[/html:b9043472db]

Thalafanz
22nd July 2008, 06:20 AM
"Man of the World" - Awesome :cool:

A.ANAND
22nd July 2008, 06:21 AM
Rehman to compose for Ponnar Shankar

By: Settu Shankar

Monday, July 21 2008
Subscribe to Newsletter

AR Rehman, the present numero uno in Indian Film Music, is going to compose for Kalaignar Karunanidhi's new project Ponnar Sankar, a historical film that was announced recently. Based on the famous historical novel written by the Chief Minister M Karunanidhi in the same title, this Prashanth starrer film is produced and directed by his father Thyagarajan.

A week ago Thiyagarajan told that he would be roped in with the country's best technicians to make the film as an unforgettable historical movie in Indian Cinema.

AR Rehman, the present numero uno in Indian Film Music, is going to compose for Kalaignar Karunanidhi's new project Ponnar Sankar, a historical film that was announced recently. Based on the famous historical novel written by the Chief Minister M Karunanidhi in the same title, this Prashanth starrer film is produced and directed by his father Thyagarajan.

A week ago Thiyagarajan told that he would be roped in with the country's best technicians to make the film as an unforgettable historical movie in Indian Cinema.

It may be recalled that a couple of days ago AR Rahman called on the CM and spent some 40 plus minutes and discussed various things including his dream project KM Music Conservatory which is going to be launched soon in the suburban of the City.

It may be recalled that a couple of days ago AR Rahman called on the CM and spent some 40 plus minutes and discussed various things including his dream project KM Music Conservatory which is going to be launched soon in the suburban of the City.

It is said that during this discussion the CM asked Rahman to compose for his dream project Ponnar Sankar. Some reliable sources confirmed that the composer also accepted the offer with a pleasing smile and confirmed his role as the Music Director for Ponnar Sankar.

NOV
22nd July 2008, 06:22 AM
Rehman to compose for Ponnar Shankar
By: Settu Shankar
Monday, July 21 2008

It is said that during this discussion the CM asked Rahman to compose for his dream project Ponnar Sankar. Some reliable sources confirmed that the composer also accepted the offer with a pleasing smile and confirmed his role as the Music Director for Ponnar Sankar.

Wow!http://entertainment.oneindia.in/tamil/exclusive/2008/rehman-karunanidhi-ponnar-sankar-210708.html

directhit
22nd July 2008, 07:38 AM
:cry2:

Wibha
22nd July 2008, 07:39 AM
:roll:

the karunanidhi project :? :sigh2:

kutti_anand
22nd July 2008, 12:36 PM
I pray that shouldnt happen.... Padam confirmed pazhasa irukum....

Thyagarajan telling he will rope in best ppl for this project.... First avare best illa. next, hero prashanth.... naalu national award vaangi kuduthuttaru paarunga...... ada pongappa..... indha news ketu naan sema upset.....

A.ANAND
22nd July 2008, 01:06 PM
I pray that shouldnt happen.... Padam confirmed pazhasa irukum....

Thyagarajan telling he will rope in best ppl for this project.... First avare best illa. next, hero prashanth.... naalu national award vaangi kuduthuttaru paarunga...... ada pongappa..... indha news ketu naan sema upset.....
same too me anand :( :( :oops: director-ra matthanale kodi punniyam.

SoftSword
22nd July 2008, 01:23 PM
I really don have any worries...
one point is rahman doing for a thamizh period movie... and we can hear the real tamil tunes for the historic backdrop...
second is, it ll be challenge for rahman to deliver quality music though the director/actor are considered dumb....
i guess the music would come out well... based on how thiagarajan was able to extract music out of the oldern days music directors for his films like malayur mammattiyaan etc...

kutti_anand
22nd July 2008, 02:33 PM
SoftSword, neengale konjam manasatchiyoda sollunga.... Uliyin osai padathuku namma aalu music pota epdi irundhirukum? Ennathaan paatu nalla irundhaalum, padam kandravi-a irundhirukum.

baba88
22nd July 2008, 03:17 PM
[tscii:ff3841b978]“Mistakes in Dasavatharam will not be repeated in Marmayogi”
http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/july-08-03/marmayogi-19-07-08.html

Maybe the music was on of the big mistakes in Dasavatharam ;)[/tscii:ff3841b978]

A.ANAND
22nd July 2008, 03:24 PM
SoftSword, neengale konjam manasatchiyoda sollunga.... Uliyin osai padathuku namma aalu music pota epdi irundhirukum? Ennathaan paatu nalla irundhaalum, padam kandravi-a irundhirukum.
:lol:

SoftSword
22nd July 2008, 03:28 PM

i agree that uliyin oasai was not executed well...
but thiagarajan is meant for givin blockbusters in his time.... u can check out in google for the continuous hits with diff stories.... and the music was also conceived very well...

wat i say is, when you cant avoid something, u just need to go forward positively with wat u got... so now, as the project is almost been taken up by ARR, lets hope he twinkles as "kuppaiyil oru komedhagam"

thineshan54321
22nd July 2008, 05:33 PM

i agree that uliyin oasai was not executed well...
but thiagarajan is meant for givin blockbusters in his time.... u can check out in google for the continuous hits with diff stories.... and the music was also conceived very well...

wat i say is, when you cant avoid something, u just need to go forward positively with wat u got... so now, as the project is almost been taken up by ARR, lets hope he twinkles as "kuppaiyil oru komedhagam"

i am with softsword on this one. also, in kumudham or whatever arr mentioned he is going to work with TMS. i think its for this film. although, i am not totally excited for the movie, i am really very excited for the music. its gonna rock for sure!!!

Ramakrishna
22nd July 2008, 05:56 PM
Periyavanga enna solreenga? Thread aarambichidalaama ? :wink:

littlemaster1982
22nd July 2008, 06:32 PM
Let us wait for official confirmation :)

kutti_anand
22nd July 2008, 06:33 PM
Innoru paarthale paravasam aagama irundha seri.... paatellam supera potu kuduthutu padam kaala vaari uttu, inniku andha paatu neraya peruku theriyama kooda iruku..... paapom. me too expecting that movie, but no high hopes. i think it could be a lazy stuff from arr definitely.... apdi aagama irundha sandosham.......

pure bliss
23rd July 2008, 12:08 PM
Director Krishna talks about ARR in Aahaa FM

1. How did you become a Director ?

It was a long cherished dream of about 12 years . But the starting point of me becoming a director was because of Rahman Sir. I didnt have any idea of whom to start this film from , and how to go about it . Kalaipuli Dhanu was the producer. One day, Dhanu Sir called me and told me that an appointment with Rahman Sir has been sought and he told me to come. I was so happy to listen to him saying that as I will never know if such a time would ever happen in the future. It was a very rainy day, and my bike was also giving me some problems. I came to ARR studio fully drenched. Rahman sir told that he would listen to the script another day.But I was ready with the script. And also asked if we could finish it in 15 minutes, as he had some other commitment to follow. But I took 2 1/2 hrs of his time. He didnt tell anything, and even switched off his mobile and was listening.

After 2 1/2 hrs, he told to call Dhanu ( Producer ) and asked " When can we have the composing ?". And that day cannot be forgotten in my life

First I met Rahman sir, and then only was the script finalised with Actor Surya. we did the recording for Munbe Vaa song .

2. When did you get to hear Rahman Sir songs ?

right from the time Roja , I have been liking Rahman Sir song.

The first song that Rahman Sir gave was Munbe Vaa, and next was Machaikaari. Picturisation of Rahman Sir songs was a tough challenge for me. He composes music so superbly, and its a real challenge to picturise them well. When I had discussion with Rahman Sir, regarding Munbe Vaa song, I told him the desire of picturising it in that way. So Rahman Sir visualised it before I could visualise and gave me that wonderful song.

3. Other experiences with ARR ??

Apart from his music, which no can fathom, he is a very good human being. The thought that I had about him at a distance , got transformed into an admiration, when I went near him. A man of such heights, behaving like a very ordinary person increased my admiration levels. He sees everybody as a human being, irrespective of whosover he may be and whatsoever he may be. I am also trying my level best to be like ARR

4. David Lee - Fav Hollywood Director

5. future Film - Yen Eppadi Mayakinnai - Its a film produced by Motherland Pictures .

6. Fav Songs of ARR - Kaadhal Rojave, Vennilave ( Minsarava kanavu ) , Maduraikku Pogadhadee ( ATM ) . Athiradhee ( SIVAJEE )

A director must be a good experiencer of music. He should be able to experience it first. ARR finished all the songs of SOK within 30 minutes. The first and foremost tune of ARR was liked by me . ARR told me " I do not know. I liked working with your team. It makes me feel energetic".

Fav Songs in Hindi - Roobaroo ( RDB ) , chaiyya chaiyya, Tanha tanha ( Rangeela ) , Chinamma Chilakkama ( Meenaxi )

Yen Eppadi Mayakinnai - Future film; a Musical Film. I wanted ARR for this. But he is too busy. But If I approach him, he will not say " NO". But I do not want to pressurise him for this. But I wanted ARR to light a candle for my film, as I am inroducing a New Music Director. ARR asked me " Tell me ; What help you want". I seeked ARR's Blessings for which he told " You will surely become a good director. Do not worry. My prayers are always there "

from arr yahoo fan group

kutti_anand
23rd July 2008, 01:57 PM
Kalaipuli Dhanu was the producer.

:shock: :shock:

Isn't SOK Surya's home production?

SoftSword
23rd July 2008, 02:40 PM
an attempt by one of the fans of the BOSS

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6r3PR-OosQc

A.ANAND
23rd July 2008, 03:02 PM
[tscii:40def922cd]C M Karunanidhi’s request for A R Rahman

Chief Minister Kalainyar Karunanidhi had hit the bull’s eyes with his stupendous works with his recent flick Uliyin Osai. The film is successfully doing well among the masses and now, he has kick-started with his next project titled ‘Ponner-Shankar’. The film has Prashanth donning dual roles and it’s a historic period movie about brave brothers raising their voices against the colonial domination.

Chief Minister M.Karunanidhi had personally invited A.R. Rahman to his residence. Sources close to him have stated that he has requested Rahman to score music for this film. Kalainyar had watched period films like Lagaan, Mangal Pandey and got enthralled with Rahman’s musical score.

Now, Rahman has almost accepted to score music for the film and things would be confirmed sooner. Some Media quoted A R Rahman visited CM regarding KM music conservatory. Now it becomes entirely different scenario. So we need to wait n watch. A week ago Thiyagarajan told that he would be roped in with the country’s best technicians to make the film as an unforgettable historical movie in Indian Cinema.

Unlimited freedom, unlimited storage. Get it now, on http://help. yahoo.com/ l/in/yahoo/ mail/yahoomail/ tools/tools- 08.html/

[/tscii:40def922cd]

A.ANAND
23rd July 2008, 03:18 PM
Film music sales rising
IndiaGlitz [Wednesday, July 23, 2008]

Until a few days ago, the Tamil film audio market was dull and all fingers pointed to piracy as the reason for dipping sales. Most audio companies started cribbing but their fortune has taken a new turn.

The audio shops are back to making brisk business and audio CDs are sold like hot cakes now.

Due thanks should be given to corporate who entered the field and also the catchy albums which were released in the past few days.

Rajinikanth's 'Kuselan' set to tunes by G V Prakash, Harris Jayaraj's 'Dhaam Dhoom' and 'Sathyam', A R Rahman's 'Sakkarakatti' and Yuvan Shankar Raja's brisk tunes in 'Saroja' are sold like hot cakes.

The songs in these five albums are already topping the charts. Music-lovers are keen to buy them as they feel the songs are worth listening to.

The audio shop owners say there are very good turnouts in their shops. Hopefully the trend would continue.

thineshan54321
24th July 2008, 04:08 AM
to NOV: the thread title has been cut off. please edit the "(par"... thanks and sorry for being so picky. looks a bit weird.

A.ANAND
25th July 2008, 03:28 PM
yuvan:'we wanted rahman sing in saroja'

Saroja music director Yuvan says that he wanted ARR to sing song in this movie but ARR's contract with Sony prevented that. He also says that he shares a very good relationship with ARR unlike wrongly reported by media. Director mentions that bringing ARR to that function was tougher than doing that whole project. "We kept contacting him thru' email, SMS, Phone.... We heard that he was much impressed with what we had mentioned about Yuvan in Saroja invitation.. .. He also sent a message - 'You people are rocking' - after listening to Saroja Songs.." ------------ --------- --------- --------- -----
Does anyone know what was mentioned in

'சரோஜா' திரைப்பட ஒலி வெளியீட்டு விழாவில், ரஹ்மான் யுவன் சர்ப்ரைஸ் சந்திப்பு!
''20 வருஷத்துக்கு முன்னாடி இளையராஜா சார்கிட்ட நான் கீபோர்டு வாசிச்சுட்டு இருந்த நேரம், 'அங்கிள்'னு என் பின்னால் ஒரு குரல் கேட்கும். திரும்பிப் பார்த்தா, குட்டிப் பையனா யுவன் நிப்பார். குறும்புக்காரப் பையன். அதனால், யுவன்னு நினைச்சாலே, எனக்குச் சிரிப்பு வந்துடும். இப்போ, யுவன் பெரிய மியூஸிக் கம்போஸரா வளர்ந்து நிற்கிறார். இப்பவும் எப்பவும், ஆல் தி பெஸ்ட் யுவன்!'' என்று ரஹ்மான் வாழ்த்த, யுவன் முகத்தில் அவ்வளவு சந்தோஷம்!

யுவனிடம் ரஹ்மான் பற்றி கேட்டால், ''எங்க சந்திப்பு உங்களுக்குத்தான் சர்ப்ரைஸ். எங்களுக்குள் ஈகோ இருக்கும்னு நிறைய பேர் நினைச்சுட்டு இருக்காங்க. ஆனா, எங்களுக்குள்ள நிறைய ஃப்ரெண்ட்ஷிப்தான் இருக்கு. ரஹ்மான் சார் ரொம்ப கூல். அவரோட மியூஸிக், பேச்சு, சிரிப்பு, ஸ்டைல் எல்லாமே தனி. எங்களுக்குள் எப்பவுமே ஒரு நல்ல வேவ்லெங்த் இருக்கும். 'சென்னை 28', 'சரோஜா'னு என் மியூஸிக்கில் அவரைப் பாடவைக்க முயற்சி பண்ணினேன். ஆனா, 'சோனி கான்ட்ராக்ட்'டில் இருந்ததால் அவரால் பாட முடியலை. நிச்சயம் எதிர்காலத்தில் என் இசையில் அவர் பாடுவார்!''

எளிதில் சிக்காத ரஹ்மானை எப்படி இழுத்துக்கொண்டு வந்தீர்கள் என்று 'சரோஜா' இயக்குநர் வெங்கட் பிரபுவிடம் கேட்டால், ''படத்தைவிட அது பெரிய புராஜெக்ட் தலைவா! லேண்ட்லைன், செல்போன், எஸ்.எம்.எஸ், இமெயில்னு பலமுறை படையெடுத்துப் பிடிச்சோம். இன்விடேஷனில் யுவன் பத்தி நாங்க எழுதியிருந்த விஷயங்களைப் படிச்சுட்டு ரொம்ப இம்ப்ரெஸ் ஆகிட்டாராம். சரோஜா பாட்டுக்கள் கேட்டுட்டு 'யூ பீபிள் ஆர் ராக்கிங்!'னு மெசேஜ் அனுப்பினார். எங்களுக்கு பயங்கர ஹாப்பி. அதுக்குன்னே ஒரு ட்ரீட் வெச்சேன்!'' என்கிறார் அசத்திய மகிழ்ச்சியோடு!

A.ANAND
25th July 2008, 03:44 PM
யுவனிடம் ரஹ்மான் பற்றி கேட்டால், ''எங்க சந்திப்பு உங்களுக்குத்தான் சர்ப்ரைஸ். எங்களுக்குள் ஈகோ இருக்கும்னு நிறைய பேர் நினைச்சுட்டு இருக்காங்க. ஆனா, எங்களுக்குள்ள நிறைய ஃப்ரெண்ட்ஷிப்தான் இருக்கு

rahman, yuvan pattu ego irukkumonnu rasigargal nenecha,athu rasigargal thavaru!rahman yuvan mela ego aaga, innum antha 'thaguthi' kuda yuvanu-ikku varala[vara vaipum illa] :)
enna porutha varaikum ,yuvan innum valarthu varum md in tamilcinema avalothan.avar innum poga vendiya thooram innum yevalavo irukku!

Mahen
25th July 2008, 06:49 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/40214.html

In spite of his busy schedule, music director A. R. Rahman has managed to find time to carry out a project, which is very close to his heart.

After kindling the spirits of youngsters with his album 'Vandematharam' with which he retuned our national anthem 'Janagana Mana', Rahman is now working on an album based on Thirukkural.

It may be recalled that Ilayaraja had rendered an album on Thiruvasagam with loads of spirituality in it.

Rahman in the company of rap singer Blaze is working on the world famous Tamil literary work Thirukkural now.

'We want to take Thirukkural to the next generation. We are doing it with utmost care and dedication in such a way that the poetic genius of Thiruvalluvar is retained' says the highly talented Rahman.

Rahman is producing the album which is sure to captivate the hearts of the young.

Mahen
25th July 2008, 06:50 PM
http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/july-08-04/rahman-25-07-08.html

In a recent interview to a tabloid, A R Rahman expressed his desire to release the Tamil verse collection Thirukkural in rap format. He replied so when asked what would be his contribution to the younger generation.

Rahman further mentioned that the project would involve desi Rapper

A R Rahman

Blazee, who is already on the job of preparing the format and would be a novel attempt to popularize Tamil literature. As per Rahman, Blazee would sing Thirukkural in rap version and Carnatic music would be used to mix in the background. Rahman was also quoted as saying by the tabloid that he would only produce the album and music would be rendered by Blazee himself.

Yathu
25th July 2008, 07:03 PM
Why does it ALWAYS have to be Blaaze? :evil:

thineshan54321
25th July 2008, 08:00 PM
it will be wonderful if it features many rappers instead of just blaaze.

but whatever it is, we r in for a sure treat because of the poetic nature of thirukural.

Dragun
25th July 2008, 11:09 PM
I never trust Behindwoods. Thirukkural in rap format. Such a ridiculous idea. You think nobody's going to protest this? Behindwoods is the same site that reported that Shaggy was on a song from Sivaji!

dinesh2002
26th July 2008, 06:36 AM
I never trust Behindwoods. Thirukkural in rap format. Such a ridiculous idea. You think nobody's going to protest this? Behindwoods is the same site that reported that Shaggy was on a song from Sivaji!

True man... thirukural and rap?? Goodness... the amount of problem that would come.... unimaginable !!!!!!!

littlemaster1982
26th July 2008, 09:51 AM
I agree with Dragun. This seems to be a false news.

sibicalls
26th July 2008, 09:56 AM
I agree with Dragun. This seems to be a false news.

In latest kumudam, ARR has mentioned that he is producing this album.

A.ANAND
26th July 2008, 10:17 AM
உலகப் பொதுமறையான திருக்குறளுக்கு இசை வடிவம் தருவீர்களா?

சு. ராம்பிரபு, மதுரை.

திருக்குறள் இப்போதுள்ள இளம் தலைமுறையினருக்கு போய்ச் சேரணும்னு ஒரு புது முயற்சியில் ஈடுபட்டிருக்கோம். அதாவது பாடகர் ப்ளாசே அவரோடு சேர்ந்து கர்நாடிக் ஸ்டைலில் தமிழிலேயே பாடி அதை இங்கிலீஸ் ராப்பில் கொண்டுவரப்போகிறோம். விரைவில் அதைக் கேட்கலாம். இந்த ஆல்பத்தைத் தயாரிப்பது மட்டுமே நான்.
yosichithan namma thalaivaru ethavum seivar.lets see what happening!

littlemaster1982
26th July 2008, 10:31 AM
:sigh2:

viraajan
27th July 2008, 10:14 AM
Watched Tamil Music Awards yesterday in Isaiaruvi channel. Did anyone watch it? What a humble gesture ARR adopted :D

Mahen
27th July 2008, 12:48 PM

True man... thirukural and rap?? Goodness... the amount of problem that would come.... unimaginable !!!!!!!

Lets look at the positive side...People like me and the younger generation have completely no knowledge abt thirukural..In fact i have no idea wats thirukural :D :oops: By westernizing thirukural, the younger generation will definitely appreciate it...As long as it delivers a good message, im not against ARR and Blaaze working on thirukural...

Ramakrishna
27th July 2008, 01:43 PM
Watched Tamil Music Awards yesterday in Isaiaruvi channel. Did anyone watch it? What a humble gesture ARR adopted :D

What happened?

viraajan
27th July 2008, 01:44 PM
Am sure that people may thwart this idea.

Thirukkural in Rap format - Can't even imagine!!!! Hope this doesn't materialize!!!

viraajan
27th July 2008, 01:49 PM

What happened?

The way he sat, the way he acknolwledged when ppl praised him etc were truly humble. I liked it very much.

Also,

Hope everyone here knows abt his writing in Kumudham. One common question he received from a huge no of readers is "There is no melody touch in this generation songs as it was in old songs. Why!!!"
He gave ans to that question on the stage "That will soon happen".

So ARR is gonna try something different which may bring some lively songs :roll:

thineshan54321
27th July 2008, 11:16 PM
ARR giving and receiving award.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=weQEOt6hHlk

cant believe he congratulated shruti at the end. not many people would have done that right there on stage. nice gesture. but what did she do? cut an album?

MADDY
28th July 2008, 08:41 AM

cant believe he congratulated shruti at the end. not many people would have done that right there on stage. nice gesture. but what did she do? cut an album?

is it kamal's daughter and kathija sitting near him when he gets up?? :roll: .....

A.ANAND
28th July 2008, 01:05 PM

believe panniye than aganum,vera vali illa! :lol:

A.ANAND
28th July 2008, 01:08 PM
Karthik: Rahman's blue-eyed-boy

T S Sudhir

Monday, July 28, 2008: (Chennai) :

He is one of the most popular of AR Rahaman's discoveries and this playback singer, who has just bagged the Filmfare award recently sang for Rajinikanth in Baba.

Karthik of late has become the blue-eyed-boy of every composer. He says AR Rahman has his own style to push him to do better each time.

"If there is a particular tune and I sing it a couple of times, he will say you are 80 per cent there, go again. Now 95 per cent. He'll ask me to add more feeling to the song, " Karthik said about Rahman.

Karthik who is trained in both Carnatic and Hindustani classical music, sings in six languages, and writes his lyrics in

A.ANAND
28th July 2008, 01:10 PM
[tscii:d0d25d07d0]Published: July 27, 2008, 13:50
Rahman puts print on Dubai's 'Wall of Fame'XPRESS

Dubai Lifestyle City, the luxuryresidential project in Dubailand, has added yet another maestro to the list of celebrities on its Wall of Fame.

The Wall of Fame will be built within Dubai Lifestyle City to honour highly successful persons in their respective fields by eternalising their hand impressions on the structure.

Internationally acclaimed musical legend A.R. Rahman, single handedly known for re-energising the popularity of Indian film music, is the latest to leave his hand impressions on the Wall. Dubai Lifestyle City’s Wall of Fame is the UAE’s only initiative similar to Hollywood’s Walk of Fame and New York University’s Hall of Fame.

Expressing his gratification on this occasion, Raza Siddiqui, Executive Director, Dubai Lifestyle City, said: “Over the years A.R. Rahman’s music has attained a special place in the hearts of people with his unique quality and style. The recent popularity of his music score in the latest film ‘Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na’ and the innumerable accolades he received at the recent 53rd Filmfare, Zee Cine Awards and IIFA awards have reinforced his number one position in the music industry.”

In 2002, A.R. Rahman composed his maiden stage production Bombay Dreams (2002) following a commission from famous musical theatre composer Andrew Lloyd Webber. Furthermore, Rahman, along with the Finnish folk music band Värttinä, composed the music for The Lord of the Rings theatre production.

He added, “We are honoured to have his hand impressions on our Wall of Fame. This is a memorable moment for Dubai Lifestyle City, since it also signifies a strong support to our multi-functional theatre of performing arts we are planning to build at our lifestyle project in Dubailand.

Celebrities who have already left their hand impressions on the Wall of Fame include international tennis star Maria Sharapova, noted Bollywood director Karan Johar, Ghazal Maestro Jagjit Singh, Globally acclaimed Indian Film Star Shah Rukh Khan, Chief Executive of JW Marriott Bill Marriott and Maharaja Gaj Singh II of Jodhpur.

Apart from becoming one of the unique features of Dubai Lifestyle City, the Wall of Fame will ensure the ultra-premium and subliminal nature of the development. The Wall of Fame is set to become a major cultural and historical attraction to the residents and visitors at Dubai Lifestyle City.

[/tscii:d0d25d07d0]

A.ANAND
28th July 2008, 01:55 PM

is it kamal's daughter and kathija sitting near him when he gets up?? :roll: .....
i think she is gauthami's daughter :roll:

pure bliss
28th July 2008, 05:23 PM
off topic - There in IR latest news topic the current discussion is about ARR's project on Thirukural. Every one is giving new theories as to how he will goof up. Vaitherichal romba atheganthan!

Mahen
29th July 2008, 07:46 PM
Taken from yuvan's thread...

Information from one of the Orkuter

ARR gonna sing 4 YUVAN!!!!
It was a surprise meet between Rahman & Yuvan during the Audio Launch of "Saroja"..

'Before 20 years, when I was playing keyboard for Illaiyaraaja Sir, I'll hear a voice back saying 'Uncle'.. If I turn back, Yuvan will be standing there.. Very naughty boy.. So, whenever I think of Yuvan I'll start laughing.. Now, Yuvan has grown up as a big music composer.. All the Best to Yuvan, Now & Ever..' Yuvan's face was filled with joy when Rahman wished him..

When asked to Yuvan about Rahman, he said, 'Our meet is a surprise only to you.. Many think we both have ego between us.. But we have only lots of friendship.. Rahman Sir is so cool.. His music, speech, smile, style everything is distinct.. We have a good wavelength always.. I tried to make him sing in Chennai-28 & Saroja.. But as he was in Sony Contract, he was not able to sing.. For sure, in future, he'll sing in my musical..'

When asked to the director Venkat Prabhu, how they roped in busy Rahman for this launch, he said, 'It was a big project for us more than the film.. We chased him many times through landline, cellphone, sms & email.. He got impressed by the details about Yuvan which was put in the Saroja Invitation.. He sent us a msg, "You people are rocking" after hearing Saroja Songs.. We were damn happy.. For these words itself, I gave a treat..' He said this very immense joy..

[Source: Anandha Vikatan Tamil Weekly, dated 30 July 2008, Page 75]

:clap:

kutti_anand
29th July 2008, 10:06 PM
Whats that Sony contract?

A.ANAND
30th July 2008, 04:46 PM
Amitabh to play Abhishek's grandad in Dilli 6

IANS | Wednesday, 30 July , 2008, 10:48

Amitabh Bachchan is known to sign on unusual roles and the latest is that the superstar will play his son Abhishek's grandad in Rakeysh Mehra's forthcoming Dilli 6.

Mehra's semi-autobiographical film has Abhishek playing the lead and also stars Sonam Kapoor, who made her debut in Saawariya. He also roped in Amitabh to play a specially written cameo.

Confirming the news, Amitabh said: "I play Abhishek's grandfather in Dilli 6."

Interestingly, the film already has veteran actress Waheeda Rehman. And one of the Big B's incentives for stepping into the picture so late is to share screen space with his favourite actress.

Amitabh has earlier worked with Mehra in Aks. And with Dilli 6 almost complete, Mehra already has plans of casting Amitabh in his next film unusually titled Paanch Kaurav.

"It's too early to talk about Paanch Kaurav. But it's in the caper-adventure genre. And it would be my third film with the Big B. I couldn't get luckier. I've also done three films with Abhishek," revealed Mehra, whose last film was Rang De Basanti.

"I was supposed to do Abhishek's launch film Samjhauta Express and then we were to do Bhairavi (with all the three Bachchans including Jaya). We had gone so deep into the discussions that we both feel we've already worked in those two films together. So our comfort level in Dilli 6 is as high as it would be for any director-actor team that has done three films together," the director said

P_R
31st July 2008, 02:24 AM
Perhaps someone already posted this.

A rare interview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1STKiZnB_Ps&eurl=http://www.lazygeek.net/2008/07/abdul-rahman-in-manis-roja) by the young Rahman to given to that great DD program Surabhi.

SoftSword
31st July 2008, 11:57 AM
Perhaps someone already posted this.

A rare interview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1STKiZnB_Ps&eurl=http://www.lazygeek.net/2008/07/abdul-rahman-in-manis-roja) by the young Rahman to given to that great DD program Surabhi.

ya we have seen that PR...
thats a great one...

Yathu
31st July 2008, 03:10 PM

She performed live on stage. 3 songs: One english, Kaasu Mela Kasu Vanthu and Anbe Sivam. Quite an impressive performance too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6d_rgh06yo

REALLY REALLY liked her version of Anbe Sivam. She sang it beautifully.

Harris Jeyaraj congratulated her on stage too, when he recieved his award for the "Best Youth Album of the year" for Unnale Unnale! He also talked to ARR from the stage saying "this is the first time im seeing you in seven years". He also said that Rahman is his favourite composer. :lol: ARR done his usual smile in response. :D

dinesh2002
31st July 2008, 03:45 PM

She performed live on stage. 3 songs: One english, Kaasu Mela Kasu Vanthu and Anbe Sivam. Quite an impressive performance too!

Harris Jeyaraj congratulated her on stage too, when he recieved his award for the "Best Youth Album of the year" for Unnale Unnale! He also talked to ARR from the stage saying "this is the first time im seeing you in seven years". He also said that Rahman is his favourite composer. :lol: ARR done his usual smile in response. :D

where can i see this online???? do u have the utube link??? :D

dinesh2002
31st July 2008, 03:58 PM

her style and voice is quite similar to Vasundra Dass... what u guys think???

A.ANAND
31st July 2008, 04:28 PM
dinesh,here u go www.techsatish.net and find at tv shows index[music award]

dinesh2002
31st July 2008, 05:19 PM
dinesh,here u go www.techsatish.net and find at tv shows index[music award]

dhanks machi!!!! :D

baba88
31st July 2008, 05:27 PM
Now coming to what popularised you instantly, tell us about the making of
Ponmagal Vandal..

When we were working on ATM, Sir had a very busy schedule (LOTR) and he
had to deliver the final two songs of the ATM album. One is the remix of
Ponmagal and the other one is the hero introducton song. So he asked me
to start working on the remix. I asked him what exactly should be done. He said "Anything. It should be young and innovative". I said "okay" and he left
the place.

In the next few hours I came up with the beat, the bass and the whole grove
and arranged the song. I was working only with the old voice at that
time. And Sir suddenly came in and said "hey! Its nice and exciting-don't
change a thing. Lets finish this fast we will record new voice and may
be some Rap too. I said "okay", he suggested Aslam for the lead voice and Ember, the rapper from UK was in town that time. He asked me to use him too.Ok here is the exciting part. He left the place for few minutes and came
back and said "Chetan I am thinking of giving you the credits for this".
With a smile he said we will put "Remix by Chetan". I just shook my
head :) and gave a smile, I did not realize how big it was at that
time.

I sincerely thank Sir for giving me the official credits for the
remix, it shows his big heart and the way he encourages the people who
work hard for him.
----------
Good to know that A.R.Rahman is still the MD who doesn't remix old songs. I think he wanted to have this title, too thats why he gave the credits to his assistant.

dinesh2002
31st July 2008, 07:17 PM
Ponmagal Vandal..

to start working on the remix. I asked him what exactly should be done. He said "Anything. It should be young and innovative". I said "okay" and he left
the place.

be some Rap too. I said "okay", he suggested Aslam for the lead voice and Ember, the rapper from UK was in town that time. He asked me to use him too.Ok here is the exciting part. He left the place for few minutes and came
time.

work hard for him.
----------
Good to know that A.R.Rahman is still the MD who doesn't remix old songs. I think he wanted to have this title, too thats why he gave the credits to his assistant.

awesome!!!!!! so ARR didint do the remix after all...!! YAY!!!!!!! :D

Yathu
1st August 2008, 03:37 AM

her style and voice is quite similar to Vasundra Dass... what u guys think???

Yeah there are some similarities. Her voice also sounds a lot like Anupama's in her Vaaranam Aayiram song ('Adiyae Kolluthe').

I give her voice a firm thumbs up. :)

Dinesh, there are no other clips from the awards show on YouTube yet. Hope you found the bit on the link Anand gave you. :)

Yathu
1st August 2008, 03:42 AM
Ponmagal Vandal..

the place.

time.

work hard for him.
----------

awesome!!!!!! so ARR didint do the remix after all...!! YAY!!!!!!! :D

:yes: from me too. The ponmagal remix was nothing special. Don't get me wrong, it sounded good, but I couldn't believe it was something that ARR would come up with!

(especially when Ember Rap was used instead of our main man Blaaze :lol: )

A.ANAND
1st August 2008, 08:03 AM
ponmagal vanthal no.1 song among top 100 hits fm viewes voted in 2007 malaysia radio stesyen!

A.ANAND
1st August 2008, 03:10 PM
Pawan's Puli music rights for three crores

Thursday, July 31 2008

Katrina Kaif | Pawan Kalyan | SJ Suryah | Hansika Motwani |

Reviews

Pawan Kalyan's last hit Jalsa set a record as Aditya Music Company bought the marketing rights for the film's music for over Rs.one crore. Now again, Puli's music is all set to be sold to the highest bidder for over Rs.three crores. Puli, starring Pawan Kalyan, is produced by Singanamala Ramesh Babu under Kanakaratna Media banner and is directed by SJ Suryah.

Insiders say that though Sony had bid upto Rs. two crores, the makers decided to wait for a higher offer as the Pawan Kalyan and S.J. Suryah team is expected to churn out a bigger hit.

Kushi, directed by S.J. Suryah seven years ago starring Pawan Kalyan was a super-duper hit, and was remade in Tamil and Hindi. The remakes too were big box office earners.

A.ANAND
1st August 2008, 05:13 PM
ஏ.ஆர். ரஹ்மானைப் பற்றி நீங்கள் பேசியது சர்ச்சையான செய்தியானதே. உண்மையில் நீங்கள் பேசியது என்ன?

```பெரிய பட்ஜெட் படங்களுக்கு மட்டும் இசையமைக்கிறீர்களே, சின்ன பட்ஜெட்டில் புதிய பரிமாணத்தில் எடுக்கப்படும் நல்ல படங்களுக்கும் இசையமைக்கலாமே' என்ற அர்த்தத்தில் கேட்டேன். அப்போது அவர் அரங்கில் கூட இல்லை. `பிதாமகனி'ல் பாலாவுடன் ரஹ்மான் இருந்தால் எப்படி இருக்கும்? சேரனின் `ஆட்டோகிராஃப்', பாலாஜி சக்திவேலின் `காதல்' இதுபோன்ற படங்களில் ரஹ்மான் இருந் தால் எப்படியிருக் கும்? இந்த பரிமாணத்திலும் அவரைப் பார்க்க வேண்டுமென்று சொன்னேன். இதைத்தான் வேறு மாதிரியாக வெளியில் சொல்லிவிட்டார்கள். அதனால் இனி நான் விழாக்களில் கலந்து கொள்ள வேண் டாமென முடிவு செய்திருக்கிறேன். அப்படியே கலந்து கொண்டாலும் எதையும் பேசப் போவதில்லை.''

ameer on rahman in kumudam interview!avar sollarathum sariyathan irukku!

thineshan54321
1st August 2008, 08:48 PM
ஏ.ஆர். ரஹ்மானைப் பற்றி நீங்கள் பேசியது சர்ச்சையான செய்தியானதே. உண்மையில் நீங்கள் பேசியது என்ன?

```பெரிய பட்ஜெட் படங்களுக்கு மட்டும் இசையமைக்கிறீர்களே, சின்ன பட்ஜெட்டில் புதிய பரிமாணத்தில் எடுக்கப்படும் நல்ல படங்களுக்கும் இசையமைக்கலாமே' என்ற அர்த்தத்தில் கேட்டேன். அப்போது அவர் அரங்கில் கூட இல்லை. `பிதாமகனி'ல் பாலாவுடன் ரஹ்மான் இருந்தால் எப்படி இருக்கும்? சேரனின் `ஆட்டோகிராஃப்', பாலாஜி சக்திவேலின் `காதல்' இதுபோன்ற படங்களில் ரஹ்மான் இருந் தால் எப்படியிருக் கும்? இந்த பரிமாணத்திலும் அவரைப் பார்க்க வேண்டுமென்று சொன்னேன். இதைத்தான் வேறு மாதிரியாக வெளியில் சொல்லிவிட்டார்கள். அதனால் இனி நான் விழாக்களில் கலந்து கொள்ள வேண் டாமென முடிவு செய்திருக்கிறேன். அப்படியே கலந்து கொண்டாலும் எதையும் பேசப் போவதில்லை.''

agree with him 100%

dinesh2002
1st August 2008, 09:01 PM

agree with him 100%

is this the same matter about Rahman not doing enough 'soulful' films???? if it is not, could anyone translate for us the non-Fast-Tamil readers??? :D

somusic
1st August 2008, 11:32 PM
Hi rahamanics...

This might be a old news........but i want to share this video, for those who have missed to watch this interview.........held in LONDON, England (CNN)..... Enjoy ...........
A another milestone in ARR's carrier........

Hans Zimmer , Ennio Morricone and A R Rehman.................

Article ----
http://edition.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Movies/08/22/ar.rahman/index.html#cnnSTCVideo

Video -----

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Movies/08/22/ar.rahman/index.html#cnnSTCVideo

Interview video of our ARR (He makes all the indians feel proud).......

A R Rahman - Sugar Candy ---- Takes us to a new world of Music........Only Indian Flim Composer to go places.......International Music Director.........

ansa400
2nd August 2008, 01:42 AM

agree with him 100%

is this the same matter about Rahman not doing enough 'soulful' films???? if it is not, could anyone translate for us the non-Fast-Tamil readers??? :D

Its the issue dinesh...anyways, here u go...

Q: There seems to be a controversy with regards to your speech abt ARR. What exactly did you speak?

A: "Why does he compose only for big budget films, why not for good small budget films" is what I asked. In fact, he wasn't even on stage when I raised this question. Imagine ARR in films like "Pithamagan, Kaadhal, Autograph". I would like to see him doing these kind of films. People spread this news in a different way. Thats why I have decided not to take part in any functions, even if I do I wouldn't speak on stage."

hmmm...It'll be good if he keeps off the stage... :wink:

dinesh2002
2nd August 2008, 07:16 AM

agree with him 100%

Its the issue dinesh...anyways, here u go...

Q: There seems to be a controversy with regards to your speech abt ARR. What exactly did you speak?

A: "Why does he compose only for big budget films, why not for good small budget films" is what I asked. In fact, he wasn't even on stage when I raised this question. Imagine ARR in films like "Pithamagan, Kaadhal, Autograph". I would like to see him doing these kind of films. People spread this news in a different way. Thats why I have decided not to take part in any functions, even if I do I wouldn't speak on stage."

hmmm...It'll be good if he keeps off the stage... :wink:

thanks for the translation ansa :thumbsup: !!

On the matter... yea... he should stop giving speeches on stage next time, might as well just shut his trap....

i still dun agree with him..... Its not like Bala, Cheran or Shankar offered these projects to ARR 1st and then ARR rejected it isnt it... as we know Bala is a hardcore IR fan... no doubt he will use IR only, Cheran loves to finish his movies fast, thus he wouldnt have offered ARR the offer, and as for Kadhal, Shankar wanted a new set of technitions introduced in his productions, thats y he wouldnt wanted ARR in it too.....everyone in that film was new, except Bharath ofcource....

its good he knows his speech created havoc...so he wont mess with ARR next time......

A.ANAND
2nd August 2008, 10:59 AM
dinesh, oru velai bala.cheran,balaji arr kitta approch panni irukkalam.yaaru ikku theriyum!

ansa400
2nd August 2008, 11:06 AM
dinesh, oru velai bala.cheran,balaji arr kitta approch panni irukkalam.yaaru ikku theriyum!

Yeah, I guess something like that would've happened which triggered Ameer to speak on this issue or he is wanting to work with ARR...

A.ANAND
2nd August 2008, 11:58 AM

Yeah, I guess something like that would've happened which triggered Ameer to speak on this issue or he is wanting to work with ARR...
but ivangga [ameer.cheran] hero-va nadikka arr music panna approch pannathan thappu![athu selfish]

Scale
2nd August 2008, 03:56 PM
A very rare interview of young & vigorous ARR with SoundMan Sridhar
in Surabhi (http://www.lazygeek.net/2008/07/abdul-rahman-in-manis-roja). Precious!

And that flute part :D :thumbsup: :notworthy:

A.ANAND
2nd August 2008, 04:54 PM
how many times we would see this video :confused2:paathachu..pathachuuuu!

thineshan54321
4th August 2008, 01:09 AM
rahman at the top again.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-slide-shows/movie-2/albums/albums-08.html

Mahen
4th August 2008, 08:44 AM
rahman at the top again.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-slide-shows/movie-2/albums/albums-08.html

But in the weekly chart, HJ's satyam is at no 1 :twisted:

dinesh2002
4th August 2008, 10:24 AM
rahman at the top again.

Yea... for that Chellame Song rite?? If they credited En Anbe by Sadhana number 1 i could agree, but not that Chellame song.... sheeshh....... :roll:

pure bliss
4th August 2008, 12:11 PM
Udayanidhi Stalin’s home banner Red Giant Movies has a casting coup- Surya and Nayanthara coming together for the first time in an untitled film to be directed by K.S Ravi Kumar.

It is going to be Udayanidhi Stalin's second venture after Kuruvi. The shoot will start some time in December, after Surya completes Ayan and Nayanthara finishes her current assignments, Aegan and Villu.

Nayanthara had done a brief appearance in Surya’s Ghajani in which Asin was the heroine. K.S Ravi Kumar was trying to bring them together, and now it has become a reality.

Ravi Kumar will complete Jaggu Bhai, by October end, and then start work on the new film, which is likely to have music by A.R Rahman. The other things are being worked out as the film is likely to be a summer 2009 release.

sify[/u]

SoftSword
4th August 2008, 12:17 PM
wow!!

Ramakrishna
4th August 2008, 12:32 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5129265964813836098

ARR with Cyrus broacha

thineshan54321
4th August 2008, 07:20 PM
rahman at the top again.

Yea... for that Chellame Song rite?? If they credited En Anbe by Sadhana number 1 i could agree, but not that Chellame song.... sheeshh....... :roll:

dinesh!! how could ne song top marudhaani?? arrs hum in marudhaani alone is nuff to send the entire satyam album to earths core and melt it! seriously. i listened to satyam and saroja good amount of times and as a music lover i feel sakarakatti is much better.

A.ANAND
4th August 2008, 07:52 PM
thinesan,dont worry about website rating!makkal theerpe mahesan theerpu!

dinesh2002
4th August 2008, 08:01 PM
rahman at the top again.

dinesh!! how could ne song top marudhaani?? arrs hum in marudhaani alone is nuff to send the entire satyam album to earths core and melt it! seriously. i listened to satyam and saroja good amount of times and as a music lover i feel sakarakatti is much better.

Thineshan, u think ill let any song top my Madhushree+A.R.Rahman song... haha... but the " En Anbe " song was good too.. And its fair to give chance to other songs to take the number 1 slot.... since it just got release, poleche pogathum... but if they wanna still credit Sathyam songs as number 1, give it to a deserving song like En Anbe.... Chellame Chellame sounds very artificial....... :roll:

ofcource the truth is no song can be compared to SK songs.... no album - Saroja, Satyam or wut so eva is COMPLETE like Sakarakatti album..... We have peppy Taxi, Chinnama and Elay, Soulful Marudhani and Naan Yepothe, and experimental I miss You da.....

Chinnama number alone is enough to make us forget about the other albums.... what more Marudhani.... ;).......

kutti_anand
5th August 2008, 03:53 PM
Today in Bangalore times, they had mentioned about the rift between Harris and Vishal.... Seems Vishal complained about Harris' repetitive tunes and they had some misunderstanding or whatever.... In that they also mentioned that Satyam songs are damp squib and nothing to rave about.... Sakkarakatti and Saroja overtook Satyam nu potrukaan......

Yaarachu Satyam paaatu keteengala? No expectations for the music and the movie as well from my side......

SoftSword
5th August 2008, 03:55 PM
-deleted-
-who cares-

kutti_anand
5th August 2008, 04:18 PM
chill guys.... the bangalore times today has an article on satyam and hj today... like hj has did his routine stuff and so the album is a dampsquib... yeah they have used those very words... and so hj and the team have issues.... and now manisharma is doing BGM....

but i don think the album is that bad....

SS, eppudi!!!!!!!

SoftSword
5th August 2008, 04:32 PM
it happens man....
but i guess we can remove these posts from these thread... as these are irrelevant..

i am doing it dude...

kutti_anand
5th August 2008, 04:46 PM
it happens man....
but i guess we can remove these posts from these thread... as these are irrelevant..

i am doing it dude...

Irrelevant nu solla mudiyathu. Chumma ARR pathi mattume pesitu irundha bore adikum la. Appappo indha maadhiri vishayathayum pesina thaana intersting a irukum, simultaneously, ariva vazhathukitta maadhiriyum irukum... :lol:

SoftSword
5th August 2008, 04:57 PM
adhu rite anand...
but HJ fans may take offence...
moreover HJ's loss is not our gain :)
so idha oru periya visayama pesa vaendamnu...

kutti_anand
5th August 2008, 05:39 PM
adhu rite anand...
but HJ fans may take offence...
moreover HJ's loss is not our gain :)
so idha oru periya visayama pesa vaendamnu...

Haiyo Haiyo.....

A.ANAND
5th August 2008, 06:20 PM
it happens man....

i am doing it dude...

Irrelevant nu solla mudiyathu. Chumma ARR pathi mattume pesitu irundha bore adikum la. Appappo indha maadhiri vishayathayum pesina thaana intersting a irukum, simultaneously, ariva vazhathukitta maadhiriyum irukum... :lol:
ippadi usuppeti usupeti rana kalama akaringale thalaiva :lol:

dinesh2002
5th August 2008, 06:37 PM
it happens man....

i am doing it dude...

enna seiyarathu paa... he has ur name as his nick.... :lol: :lol: antha 'effect' illamala irukum...

Kutti Anand, nee sollu raasa.... :lol:

A.ANAND
5th August 2008, 06:58 PM
it happens man....

i am doing it dude...

enna seiyarathu paa... he has ur name as his nick.... :lol: :lol: antha 'effect' illamala irukum...

Kutti Anand, nee sollu raasa.... :lol:
antha 'perumal' mela satyama naan avanillai! :lol:
okkanthu yosipanggalo! :lol:

SoftSword
5th August 2008, 07:38 PM
sh#t.... ippo perumala yaen koopidreenga... ;)

kutti_anand
5th August 2008, 07:42 PM
He he.... I usually like these kinda fights.... Especially in my college days, we fight yaaru perusu? Rajini vs Kamal? Arr vs Ilayaraja? Sachin vs Dravid? and sonna namba maateenga.... Oru stage la yaara pathi sanda podrathu nu theriyama we fought over Gandhimadhi vs Vadivukarasi...... :lol:

Ramakrishna
5th August 2008, 07:47 PM
He he.... I usually like these kinda fights.... Especially in my college days, we fight yaaru perusu? Rajini vs Kamal? Arr vs Ilayaraja? Sachin vs Dravid? and sonna namba maateenga.... Oru stage la yaara pathi sanda podrathu nu theriyama we fought over Gandhimadhi vs Vadivukarasi...... :lol:

ippo Madurai vs Kovai fite varaikum vanthteenga :lol2:

kutti_anand
5th August 2008, 08:38 PM

he he, adhu fight ellam illeengo.... Chinnatha oru doubt irundhuchu, i clarified it..... ambuttuthaen.....

Ramakrishna
5th August 2008, 09:01 PM

he he, adhu fight ellam illeengo.... Chinnatha oru doubt irundhuchu, i clarified it..... ambuttuthaen.....

athellaam apdiye vida koodaathu. namakku ooruthaane perusu :lol2:

kutti_anand
5th August 2008, 09:56 PM

athellaam apdiye vida koodaathu. namakku ooruthaane perusu :lol2:

Ssabbbaaaaa.... Naan edhachu thappa sollirundha am sorry....

baba88
8th August 2008, 08:08 PM
Can anybody tell me the movie of the song "inikkum tamil sundari"

sat_srini
8th August 2008, 08:35 PM
Udaya

Can anybody tell me the movie of the song "inikkum tamil sundari"

sat_srini
9th August 2008, 04:58 AM
Kamal Hassan has added another feather to his cap. He is all set to share screen space with Japanese superstar Tadanobu Asano in an Indo-Japanese film produced and directed by Bharatbala.

The film will trace back the origins of the martial art form of Kerala, Kalarippayattu. The film is slated to be made on a 50-million dollar budget.

According to our source the industry, "Kamal is very excited about this film with Bharatbala. Asano has been finalised for the role after a lot of deliberation. The film deals with Kalarippayattu, the martial arts form from Kerala and will trace it back its roots to the ninth century."

So how did Asano step into the picture? The buzz is that after Kamal's brush with Jackie Chan, during the music release of his magnum opus Dasavtaram, he was keen to work with a Japanese actor.

Currently, research is underway to fine-tune the factual elements of this age-old art. The objective of the film is to showcase that the origins of this martial art form are in India and Japan, contrary to the popular belief.

The film, which is expected to go on the floors sometime next year, will be made in Hindi, Tamil and Japanese.

Our source added, "A R Rahman has been finalised for the music score but the leading lady is yet to be finalised. We are looking for a heroine with an athletic built. The film will be produced and directed by Bharatbala and co-produced by Walt Disney."

Kamal Hassan
When contacted Bharatbala said, "It's too early to disclose anything. Currently we are in the midst of negotiations." Nikhil Murugan, the official spokesperson of Kamal Hassan said, "It is not confirmed as yet as Kamalji is abroad."

Tadanobu Asano is one of the superstars in Japan right now and has acted in over 50 films. His recent film Mongol broke all box-office records.

He has acted in several blockbusters like Vital, Zatochi, Last Life in the Universe, One Step on a Mine: It's all over and Wind-Up Type, among others.

What is Kalarippayattu?

Kalarippayattu is as old as the great Indian philosophy and the Vedas. It is the martial arts form of Kerala and it has its roots deep in the Vedic culture of India. Kalarippayattu is considered by many as the most comprehensive of all the martial traditions.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article&sectid=30&contentid=2008080920080809025606438f94b183e

Nerd
10th August 2008, 10:41 PM
Can someone tell me what is the song that plays in the background in the first one minute or so in this video, please?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TBooET_5d4

Ramakrishna
10th August 2008, 10:50 PM
Nerd garu,
It is the song 'Only you' from ARR's Vande Mataram album.

You can listen to it here http://www.dishant.com/search/Vande%20Mataram-in-ALBUM.html

Nerd
10th August 2008, 10:58 PM
Thanks RK :smokesmirk:
I (used to) own the VM cassette :oops:

pure bliss
11th August 2008, 01:57 PM
Rahman's greatest foray is the patriotic song'

Filmmaker Ashutosh Gowariker on the musical genius.

What does one say about Rahman! He has two gifts -- his immense talent as a musician and composer, the second is the application of his talent to his movies, background music and to the private albums that he creates like Vande Mataram.

The combination of these two gifts has created his entire body of work. It allows him to experiment with other forms, he has a very open approach towards any and every kind of filmmaker. With every film he has a completely different soundtrack which is what makes him so different.

Rahman as a person is very passionate about his thoughts and his emotions. He tends to express in his music what he feels very strongly and whatever that emotion is, gets enhanced and accentuated in that music. I have found that his biggest foray and contribution is to the patriotic song.

He brings about an emotional connect with his songs and has always enhanced the script. He takes the story to a completely different level after he has blessed it with his music.

My favourite patriotic song of Rahman is Yeh Jo Des Hai Tera. I think it is the pinnacle of the patriotic nationalistic theme.

It has been an immense pleasure working with him. When I think of Rahman, I don't think of a song -- but a set songs and my favourite album is Vande Mataram.

A R Rahman has composed the score for Ashutosh Gowariker's Lagaan, Swades and Jodhaa Akbar. He will shortly begin work on the score for Gowariker's next movie. Gowariker, the last Indian filmmaker to be nominated for an Oscar

rediff

pure bliss
11th August 2008, 02:04 PM
John McLaughlin on AM studios

"It's a fabulous environment with a beautiful Neve 88R mixing board, a perfect sound system, and PowerMac G5s all over the place, as well as engineers that know Logic inside and out," says McLaughlin. "Ranjit, Louiz, and I were in the main room, and Sivamani and the soloists were in the isolation booths, though we could see each other. The quality of the environment put the New York studios I've been in to shame. I'd record at A.M. studios again anytime. We recorded the album live over five days. The only exception was Hadrien Feraud, who wasn't available for the sessions. He visited me afterwards and I had him listen to the music, plugged him into Logic, and away we went. His parts were mostly first takes because he's absolutely outstanding and very sensitive to the music."

arr yahoo groups

kutti_anand
12th August 2008, 12:50 AM
Where is AM Studios? Is it arr's? His studio name is Panchathan Record Inn, if am rite!

crajkumar_be
12th August 2008, 01:45 AM

"It's a fabulous environment with a beautiful Neve 88R mixing board, a perfect sound system, and PowerMac G5s all over the place, as well as engineers that know Logic inside and out," says McLaughlin. "Ranjit, Louiz, and I were in the main room, and Sivamani and the soloists were in the isolation booths, though we could see each other. The quality of the environment put the New York studios I've been in to shame. I'd record at A.M. studios again anytime. We recorded the album live over five days. The only exception was Hadrien Feraud, who wasn't available for the sessions. He visited me afterwards and I had him listen to the music, plugged him into Logic, and away we went. His parts were mostly first takes because he's absolutely outstanding and very sensitive to the music."

arr yahoo groups
Wow! This, coming from the genius John McLaughlin :notworthy:

dinesh2002
12th August 2008, 06:23 AM

arr yahoo groups
Wow! This, coming from the genius John McLaughlin :notworthy:

Yess... and John McLaughlin's birthday and mine are the same !!! :twisted: :lol:

sat_srini
12th August 2008, 10:11 AM
ARR at Saroja Audio Launch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yFPL5D8gqA

sat_srini
12th August 2008, 10:43 AM
Singer Karthik on ARR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg0Xga_yA1g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_8BqVtjAv4

A.ANAND
12th August 2008, 10:50 AM
yaar intha John McLaughlin ayya avargal???? :lol: naan kelvi pattathe illai! sir!

crajkumar_be
12th August 2008, 04:34 PM
Yess... and John McLaughlin's birthday and mine are the same !!! :twisted: :lol:
Aha, neenga guitar vaasippeengalo? :)

crajkumar_be
12th August 2008, 04:37 PM
yaar intha John McLaughlin ayya avargal???? :lol: naan kelvi pattathe illai! sir!
"MahaVishnu" John McLaughlin is a guitar virtuoso (plays jazz, fusion, rock, indian classical and western classical)

His Indian connection is by virtue of being part of the world renowned fusion formation Shakti (with Zakhir Hussain, L.Shankar, Vikku Vinayakaram) and recently, Remember Shakti (with Zakhir, Mandolin Srinivas, Selvaganesh, Shankar Mahadevan)

dinesh2002
13th August 2008, 03:17 AM
Aha, neenga guitar vaasippeengalo? :)

hahaa... crajK. ennale seepe'koode [hair comb] vaasika mudiyathe :lol: :lol:

sat_srini
14th August 2008, 01:13 AM
Sukhwinder Singh is on a high pitch these days. The singer has just recorded a song for Danny Boyle's Hollywood project Slum Dog Millionaire starring Irrfan Khan, Anil Kapoor and Dev Patel. "A R Rehman, who scored the music, approached me with this song called Jai Ho. It's in Hindi and has been written by Gulzar. It's very stylish and artistic, like all Rehman's songs are," says Sukhwinder. He got so excited, that the Punjabi hip-hop artiste went on to record the song 20 times. "Rehman asked, 'Now who is going to edit it?' Because there 20 versions," reveals Sukhwinder. Slum Dog... is a comedy about an illiterate kid trying to get onto the Hindi version of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire to reach the girl he loves, an ardent fan of the show. After this, Sukhwinder will record a folk song from Kutch for Steven Spielberg's next film.

http://www.zoomtv.in/view/news/sukhwinder-does-a-chhaiyya-chhaiyya-in-hollywood-0

Ramakrishna
17th August 2008, 10:02 PM
SPB's words about A.R.Rahman
In a singing competition in a tamil television channel, SPB is one of the judges. The participant sung the song 'Ballelakka Ballelakka' from the movie Sivaji for which ARR has composed music. The song was sung by SPB in the movie.

SPB told about ARR to the participant.

Rahman is the one of the best music composer. You got struggled while singing the line 'sadugudu sadugudu..........sadugudu sadugudu aadiya marathadi.......thara nana thara nana thara nana suda suda kidaikira idly......'. Wow wow wow wat a beautiful composition by Rahman. Even me too struggled while recording this song. Rahman himself sung this song and asked me to sing as he did. I struggled at these lines while singing. But Rahman did not stuck up anywhere while he sung this song to me. Also he did not miss any of the words. This lyrics were written by Na.Muthukumar. First, Rahman composed the tune and then the lyrics were written. Rahman is such a great composer. While we recorded this song, the female voice was not included. When the song was released, I could feel that Rahman had made this song in a different dimension with a female voice. The song is really nice. That is Rahman. He is a brilliant composer.

I asked Rahman, 'why dont you give a movie full of melodies?' He replied, ' I have lot of melody songs. I am ready to do a movie full of melodies. But the directors says that they dont need that kind of songs. I compose music as the director's wish'. Rahman can do any kind of music. Rahman is a great composer. That is Rahman.

This shows that Rahman is a great composer as well as a great singer.

viraajan
18th August 2008, 10:11 AM
he also mentioned in common as how music directors including arr are forced to compose kuthu songs. MDs like ARR, VS do not like kuthu song. But when directors approach them for their movies itself, they come with some sample kuthu songs and they ask MDs to compose such a song in their movies.

rashid2raj
18th August 2008, 03:34 PM
Well, when coming to a film, a music director has to be "directors boy", otherwise it won't succeed, as if a melody song came instead of an kuttu song. So it all lies in choosing the right film, instead of VS doing all these commercial films and then saying "i don't actually want to do kuttu songs" ... hmmm :roll:

At Tamil music awards A.R.Rahman mentioned that he would give the music that people wants from him, through KM music in the future.

jaiganes
19th August 2008, 08:26 PM
http://passionforcinema.com/k-j-singh-interview-part-1/

Sound Recording expert talks about everything including working with ARR

littlemaster1982
19th August 2008, 09:48 PM
Thanks a lot, Jaiganesh :)

jaiganes
19th August 2008, 11:33 PM
no probs!!!

sat_srini
20th August 2008, 08:38 PM
For the 3,00,000 strong A R Rahman Fans community in Orkut, virtual space is for meeting and organising. The community is used as a platform for the planning of their outdoor activities, which include free food distribution for the poor, concerts, and aid for the disabled kids. It also serves as a platform for raising money for these charity works by selling Rahman tees, Pray for me Brother colourbooks, etc. What this also says is that fan sites have marketing potential which could be manipulated.

A speck of the spotlight
Fans themselves come under the spotlight as they rally support from their communities to help their stars shoot high in online polls. Adding to these are the numerous games related to the stars that are available online. An SRK application in Facebook has 624 monthly active users, while another game on Aamir Khan attracts 205 users every month.

As a fan flaunts her pics with the star, much to the envy of others, or another one brings out a link to a rare snippet on the star, the fan too gets a share of the star's glamour. It's all about show biz, indeed!

The real-time fans associations
Charity seems to be the catchword for the real-time fans associations, when not in their "cut-out" mode. Nagarjuna fans organise tree plantations and other charity works while Balakrishna fans caught attention with their generous Rs 5 lakh donation to the Indo American Cancer Organisation. Education and medical aid are the concerns of NTR Fans too. Chiranjeevi fans run a blood bank, but they have more business to do in the coming days.

Who's the strongest?

On Orkut:
A R Rahman Fans 3,81,313 The Shahrukh Khan Fan Club 3,35,557 Aamir "The Ace" Khan 1,52,974 Megastar Chiranjeevi 1,05,192 John Abraham 1,04,521 Salman Khan 1,02,963 Nandamuri Balakrishna 72,811 Super Star Rajinikanth 63,451

On Facebook:
Shahrukh (King) Khan 20,947 Aamir Khan 19,143 A R Rahman 12,931

http://telugucinemass.blogspot.com/2008/08/shahrukh-r-rahman-chiru-amithab-whos.html

Mahen
22nd August 2008, 02:55 PM
[tscii:510dbb637b]

Trisha to sing for A.R. Rahman

Actress Trisha making high waves with her stunning performance in tinsel town is soon to appear on a new dimension. Yes, you will soon see Trisha donning a new role not in reel, but in real life. Many wouldn’t have got to hear that Trisha has got an excellent voice and she is great singer. But, known for picking up the best singers and making them render their voice in his musical score, Rahman always makes it big. This time he goes for Trisha and she has confirmed about rendering her voice in Rahman’s music probably for the film ‘Chennayil Oru Mazhaikaalam’ directed by Gowtham Menon.

Speaking about this, Trisha says that she is quite excited since she has been an ardent fan of A.R. Rahman from a very long time. Getting on with Abhiyum Naanum that is slated to hit the screens on October 2, the young missy has uttered that she has spelled out her uttermost effort of churning a good performance. Perhaps, her fans would spot her in a new dimension…

http://www.kollywoodtoday.com/news/trisha-to-sing-for-ar-rahman/[/tscii:510dbb637b]

A.ANAND
22nd August 2008, 04:27 PM
ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான் இசையில் பாடுகிறாராம் த்ரிஷா!
இலவச நியூஸ் லெட்டர் பெற

மேலும் புதிய படங்கள்குருவி நொண்டியடித்த பிறகு, சொல்லிக் கொள்கிற மாதிரி வேறு படம் எதுவும் இல்லாததால் ரொம்ப அப்செட்டிலிருக்கிறார் த்ரிஷா. முன்பு நடிக்க நேரமில்லாத அளவுக்கு தமிழிலும் தெலுங்கிலும் வாய்ப்புகள் குவிந்தன. இவரோ, ஒரு கோடி இரண்டு கோடி என சம்பளம் கேட்டு மிரள வைத்துக் கொண்டிருந்தார்.

குருவிக்குப் பின்னர் நிலைமை அப்படியே மாறிப்போனது. இப்போதைக்கு அபியும் நானும், சென்னையில் ஒரு மழைக்காலம் ஆகிய இரு படங்கள்தான் தமிழில்.

தெலுங்கில் இரண்டே படங்கள். ஒன்றில் தொலைக்காட்சிப் பாடகியாக வருகிறாராம். இந்த வேடத்தில் அச்சு அசலாகத் தோன்ற வேண்டுமே என்பதற்காக, சரியான உடல் மொழியைக் (தப்பா எடுத்துக்காதீங்க... அதான் பாடி லாங்குவேஜ்!) கற்றுக் கொண்டாராம் த்ரிஷா.

உண்மையில் த்ரிஷாவுக்கு பாடுவதில்தான் அலாதி ஆர்வமாம்.

'நடிப்பை விட பாடுவதில்தான் ஆரம்பத்தில் எனக்கு அதிக ஆர்வமிருந்தது. ஆனால் வாய்ப்பு அமையவில்லை. தெலுங்கில் 'கிங்' என்ற படத்தில் தொலைக் காட்சிப் பாடகியாக நடித்து வருகிறேன். இதில் அந்த வேடத்தில் சிறப்பாகத் தோன்ற முன் பயிற்சி எடுத்துக் கொண்டேன்..' என்கிறர் த்ரிஷா.

விரைவிலேயே ஏ.ஆர். ரஹ்மான இசையில் பாடப்போவதாகவும் கூறியுள்ளார்.

'ரஹ்மான் இசைக்கு தீவிர விசிறி நான். ஒருமுறையாவது அவரது இசையில் பாடிவிடத் துடித்துக் கொண்டிருந்தேன், இப்போது அப்படியொரு வாய்ப்புக் கிடைத்துள்ளது. விரைவில் இதுபற்றி அறிவிப்பேன், என்கிறார் த்ரிஷா.

சொந்தக்குரலில் பாடுவது இருக்கட்டும், சொந்தமா எப்போ டப்பிங் பேசப் போறீங்க?

A.ANAND
22nd August 2008, 05:32 PM
27.08.08 சினிமா
ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மானின் லேட்டஸ்ட் ட்யூனில் இன்றைய இளசுகள் முணுமுணுக்கும் இளமைப் பாடலாகியிருக்கிறது, `சக்கரக்கட்டி' படத்தின் `டாக்ஸி டாக்ஸி' பாடல்.

பாடல் ஹிட் ஆன சந்தோஷத்தில் பாடல் காட்சியை மீண்டும் படமாக்கியிருக்கிறார் `சக்கரக்கட்டி' இயக்குநர் கலாபிரபு.

``இந்தப் படத்துல வர்ற `ஐ மிஸ்யூடா' பாடலை இரண்டரை மணி நேரத்துல ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான் சார் ஓ.கே. பண்ணினார். மற்ற பாடல்களையும் கூட ஒரே நாளிலேயே ஓ.கே. பண்ணினார். ஆனால் `டாக்ஸி டாக்ஸி' பாடலுக்கு மட்டும் ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான் சார் நேரடியாக உட்கார்ந்து பாடல் வரிகளைக் கேட்டுக் கேட்டு வாங்கினார். அவ்வளவு சுலபமாக அவர் திருப்தியாகல. பாடலாசிரியர் நா.முத்துக்குமாரும் சளைக்காமல் விதவிதமாக எழுதிக் கொடுத்தார். ஆறு நாட்கள் இந்தப் பாடலுக்காக மெனக்கெட்டோம். படத்துல ரெண்டு இடத்துல இந்தப் பாட்டு வரும். பாடகர் பிளாசியும், சாந்தனுவும் ஆடியிருக்கிறார்கள். தியேட்டர்ல பசங்க ஆடப் போறாங்க'' என்கிறார் கலாபிரபு.

பாக்யராஜின் வாரிசு சாந்தனு எப்படி?

``செம டீஸன்ட் பார்ட்டி. படம் பார்க்கும்போது சாந்தனுவை நீங்க புதுமுகம்னே சொல்லமாட்டீங்க. நல்லா நடிக்கிறார். எல்லா இயக்குநர்களுக்கும் செட்டாகிற ஹீரோ சாந்தனு.''

சரி, படத்தோட கதை என்ன?

``சாதாரண காதல் கதை. பையன் ஆசைப்படற பொண்ணு முதல்ல அவனுக்குக் கிடைக்காம கிளைமாக்ஸ்ல கிடைக்கிறா. இதுதான் கதை. ஆனா சொல்ற விதம், உங்களைப் பார்க்க வைக்கும்.''

சாதாரண கதைன்னு சொல்றீங்களே. இந்தக் கதையை பாக்யராஜிடம் சொன்னபோது அவரோட ரியாக்ஷன் என்ன?

```ஒரு படம்னா அதுல ஹீரோ-ஹீரோயின் ஆதிக்கம் இருக்கும். ஆனால், இந்தக் கதையில டெக்னிக்கல் விஷயங்கள் ஆதிக்கம் பண்ண வாய்ப்பு அதிகம்'னு சொன்னார். ஒவ்வொரு செட் காட்சிகள் முடிஞ்ச பிறகு கதையில என்னென்ன முன்னேற்றம் இருக்கும், எப்படி விறுவிறுப்பாக கதை வளர்ச்சியடைகிறதுன்னு அழகாக விளக்கிச் சொன்னார். இதுவே படத்துக்குக் கிடைச்ச பெரிய வெற்றியாக நினைக்கிறேன்'' என்று அடக்கமாக புன்னகைக்கிறார் இயக்குநர் கலாபிரபு..

-இரா.ரவிஷங்கர்

source:www. kumudam.com

A.ANAND
22nd August 2008, 05:34 PM
ஏ.ஆர். ரஹ்மான் பேட்டியளிக்கும் போது, தனது காரில் போகும்போதே பேட்டியை எடுத்துக் கொள்ளலாமா என்று கேட்பார். இதே பாணியை தற்போது மற்ற இளம் இசையமைப்பாளர்களும் பின்பற்ற ஆரம்பித்திருக்கிறார்கள். ஜி.வி. பிரகாஷ், தேவிஸ்ரீ பிரசாத் ஆகியோரும் அவ்வழியே. (பேட்டி ரொம்ப ஸ்பீடா இருக்கணுங்கறதை தப்பாப் புரிஞ்சுகிட்டாங்களோ?)
source:kumudam.com

sat_srini
23rd August 2008, 03:04 AM
[tscii:d2e9c2ce01]Soul-stirring notes

Maestro A. R. Rahman talks about his passion for nurturing young talent

Harmonious future A.R. Rahman visualises a world where people know Western music but respect Indian notes

For all his achievements, A.R. Rahman is humility personified. The ace composer now wants to nurture youngsters with a passion for music. And his KM Music Conservatory, an International School of Music and Music Technology, is a step in that direction.

“We hope to expand the horizons of musicians in India by creating awareness about Western music and Music Technology, while continuing to respect and strengthen the art of Indian music. Aspirants will be trained to reach high standards of proficiency as musicians with good grounding in the technology that goes behind the process of making music,” explains the enthusiastic founder and principal of the Conservatory.

When it comes to acknowledging good work, Rahman is second to none. At the recent audio release function of the film Saroja, he heaped praise on music director Yuvan Shankar Raja.
Healthy competition

“Yuvan was seven or eight when I was working with Ilayaraja. I have seen him grow as a music director. I am happy that he is among the best composers in the industry right now. I am sure he will reach greater heights,” he says. Rahman has an inclination for the genre of qawwali, and the recent Khwaja Mere Khwaja in Ashutosh Gowarikar’s Jodhaa Akbar was a huge hit.

“I am happy that the number has been accepted by various sections of the society. In fact, it was originally composed as an independent number that preached the fear of God. It was adapted for the film,” says Rahman whose compositions in Ashutosh’s earlier films Swades and Lagaan also topped the charts.

In a career spanning over 15 years, Rahman has composed music for over 100 films, most of them big-budget ventures.

“That is not intentional. But, in ventures where the focus is on my music, expectations are high. So, was the case with Sakkarakatti, but I am pleased the songs have gone down well with the audience,” he says.
Period tunes

Marmayogi, a mega-budget project set in 6 A.D. will see Kamal Haasan and Rahman team up after a gap of almost eight years. The last time Rahman scored music for a Kamal movie was Thenali. “It is very early to comment on the movie. But I will do a bit of research, since this is a period film,” he says.

And how about working in Sondarya Rajnikant’s animation film, Sultan, The Warrior? “It is exciting and offers endless scope,” he states. On his nephew G.V. Prakash Kumar, who is making an impact in Kollywood, the ‘Mozart of Madras’ feels that Prakash still has got a long way to go. “He is doing a good job. He has composed for a Rajnikanth film (Kuselan) very early in his career. I am happy with his progress,” he says, smiling.

Now, Rahman is busy working on an album with desi rapper Blaaze, where you can hear the Thirukkural in rap format. Rahman is producing the album. “The intention is to take the Thirukkural to the next generation. The success of Vande Mataram spurred me to take the project. I hope youngsters will like it,” he says, with hope. And, why not? After all, Allah Rakkha Rahman has proved a master in gauging the pulse of the youth.

G. PRASAD

http://www.hindu.com/mp/2008/08/23/stories/2008082352230800.htm[/tscii:d2e9c2ce01]

rayan36
23rd August 2008, 02:08 PM
Thirukural in rap? this gotta be interesting...

A.ANAND
23rd August 2008, 02:33 PM
Album release aana ithu-ikku oru arasiyal katchi 'porattam 'kattu kittu irukku.athu mattum nichayam.

A.ANAND
25th August 2008, 09:14 AM
Trisha to sing
IndiaGlitz [Saturday, August 23, 2008]

View Trisha Gallery

Close circles around Trisha have always maintained that Trisha has a sweet voice and that she can sing well. However the actress herself has not spoken much about it.

Trisha is a fervent fan of A. R. Rahman and her hidden talent might just surface soon. Reports suggest that she has been approached to sing a song in the Telugu film 'Raja' in which she stars too.

'I can't reveal more at this point as nothing is official as of yet' says the actress who has been making waves in the Telugu film industry. 'One of my longtime dreams is to sing in a Rahman song and the wish seems to be coming true now', says the actress, who is donning the role of a singer in the film.

Pinning hopes on 'Raja', Trisha says, 'this is the first time I am acting in the role of a singer. Since I can croon well, I feel it could be quite easy to don the character.'

jaiganes
27th August 2008, 02:17 AM
PArt two of KJ sing interview and more references to ARR here...
http://passionforcinema.com/k-j-singh-interview-part-2/#comment-192107

A.ANAND
28th August 2008, 06:28 AM
Kathir to direct Vinay
IndiaGlitz [Wednesday, August 27, 2008]

Vinay Gallery

'Unnale Unnale' fame Vinay, who is expecting his second film 'Jeyam Kondaan' this weekend has been roped in by Ayngaran International to act in a film which is to be directed by Kadhir.

With several films to his credit including 'Idhayam', 'Kadhal Desam' and Kadhalar Dhinam, Kadhir will be back from a brief sabbatical with this Viinay starrer. It can be recalled that a couple of his films didn't fare well at the box office.

Says Vinay, 'I am happy to be associating myself with such a big name like Ayngaran and that that too with an ace director. I am also acting in Selva's direction in a movie to be produced by Kavithalaya, another prestigious production house.'

sat_srini
28th August 2008, 09:00 AM
Thanks to Vithur, ARRYG for this news-

Vairamuthu Sir is busy writing songs for ROBOT, Mani's next movie, Marmayogi... and now I can understand, why he is not giving interviews in AAHAA Fm. Pls read this interview news of his in Daily Thanthi today

Kallikattu Idhigasam, Kavuvachi Kaviyam, Paarkadal, Foreign trips, Son's marriage were all the tasks, which had kept Kavignar Vairamuthu busy over the years. But, now he is returning back to Cinema in a big way. He is spending most of the time in a day for writing songs for films.

Now Rajni's Robot, Kamal's " Marmayogi", Soundarya Rajnikanth's Sultan" and 16 other movies have kept Vairamuthu drowned in songs totally. He says , " Notice the next year. For lovers of Tamil, lovers of music, there is a big treat awaiting them".

After writing two songs for Shankar's ROBOT, Vairamuthu has written all the songs for Maniratnam's forthcoming film. He flew to Madurai, with the seven tunes given by A.R. Rahman. On the foothills of Kodaikanal, Vairamuthu has a small house. He loves that place a lot. When asked, " Why he likes that place?". He replies, " Its the cocunut trees which shake themselves and enjoy even my faulty songs. They are my first and foremost fans, and they are found in abundance there".

In 5 days, he wrote 7 songs and called Director Maniratnam to come over there , and handed over the songs to him. The film, has heroine Aishwarya Rai, which is getting prepared in Hindi and Tamil simulteanously. For the hindi version, it will have lyrics by GULZAR, and in tamil it would be VAIRAMUTHU.

When compared to the Hindi songs, the Tamil ones are better in beauty and grammer is the opinion of the entire Film crew. When asked about this to Vairamuthu, he replies," Gulzar is a better lyricist than me. But Tamil is a better language than Hindi. So, the Tamil songs may sound better than Hindi".

SOURCE ;- DAILY THANTHI

SoftSword
28th August 2008, 02:33 PM
the news about trisha singing for ARR is been denied by trisha...
times of india bangalore edition...

Mahen
28th August 2008, 05:58 PM
Thanks to Vithur, ARRYG for this news-

Vairamuthu Sir is busy writing songs for ROBOT, Mani's next movie, Marmayogi... and now I can understand, why he is not giving interviews in AAHAA Fm. Pls read this interview news of his in Daily Thanthi today

Kallikattu Idhigasam, Kavuvachi Kaviyam, Paarkadal, Foreign trips, Son's marriage were all the tasks, which had kept Kavignar Vairamuthu busy over the years. But, now he is returning back to Cinema in a big way. He is spending most of the time in a day for writing songs for films.

Now Rajni's Robot, Kamal's " Marmayogi", Soundarya Rajnikanth's Sultan" and 16 other movies have kept Vairamuthu drowned in songs totally. He says , " Notice the next year. For lovers of Tamil, lovers of music, there is a big treat awaiting them".

After writing two songs for Shankar's ROBOT, Vairamuthu has written all the songs for Maniratnam's forthcoming film. He flew to Madurai, with the seven tunes given by A.R. Rahman. On the foothills of Kodaikanal, Vairamuthu has a small house. He loves that place a lot. When asked, " Why he likes that place?". He replies, " Its the cocunut trees which shake themselves and enjoy even my faulty songs. They are my first and foremost fans, and they are found in abundance there".

In 5 days, he wrote 7 songs and called Director Maniratnam to come over there , and handed over the songs to him. The film, has heroine Aishwarya Rai, which is getting prepared in Hindi and Tamil simulteanously. For the hindi version, it will have lyrics by GULZAR, and in tamil it would be VAIRAMUTHU.

When compared to the Hindi songs, the Tamil ones are better in beauty and grammer is the opinion of the entire Film crew. When asked about this to Vairamuthu, he replies," Gulzar is a better lyricist than me. But Tamil is a better language than Hindi. So, the Tamil songs may sound better than Hindi".

SOURCE ;- DAILY THANTHI

The deadly combo is back :clap:

A.ANAND
29th August 2008, 06:30 AM
2009 will be a.r.rahmans golden year :clap:

maniratnam movie
robot
marmayogi
chennaiyil or malaikalam
kathir movie
sultan

dinesh2002
29th August 2008, 09:41 AM

maniratnam movie
robot
marmayogi
chennaiyil or malaikalam
kathir movie
sultan

isnt COMK is releasing this year end???

A.ANAND
29th August 2008, 10:14 AM

maniratnam movie
robot
marmayogi
chennaiyil or malaikalam
kathir movie
sultan

may be 4 ponngal.

SoftSword
29th August 2008, 11:06 AM

maniratnam movie
robot
marmayogi
chennaiyil or malaikalam
kathir movie
sultan

may be 4 ponngal.

and am sure ROBO will not hit the market by 2009

baba88
29th August 2008, 05:33 PM

maniratnam movie
robot
marmayogi
chennaiyil or malaikalam
kathir movie
sultan

may be 4 ponngal.

and am sure ROBO will not hit the market by 2009

Chennayil oru Malaikaalam and Sultan will be released 2009. The other movies will be released in 2010

A.ANAND
2nd September 2008, 06:04 AM
Vijay New Movie - Vettaikaaran
(4 votes, average: 5 out of 5)
By Sonam on August 31st, 2008

Home > Tamil > Vijay New Movie - Vettaikaaran

Vijay has announced his latest movie. Vettiakaaram will be produced under the AVM banner. Vijay is expected to start acting in this movie after completing his current movie Villu which is under production.

Asin is expected to the heroine in the movie while other sources say that it may be Tamannah. The renaming spree continues as the name of the movie is a MGR superhit movie.

AVM is expecting to rope in A.R.Rahman for the music and it is planning to bring in a surprise villain as well.

A.ANAND
2nd September 2008, 06:04 AM
[tscii:0ba8f17e97]Rajni miffed at ARR!
Rajnikanth had said recently that if anybody wanted to meet A.R. Rehman, they are more likely to be given appointments in between 12 midnight and 4 a.m. Nobody thought there was something else to the comment other than the obvious.

Now, it turns out that the music maestro, who composes music for ‘Sultan: The Warrior’, directed and produced by Rajni's daughter Soundarya, had reportedly not completed the songs for the film on time. When Soundarya wanted to discuss about this with him, she was reportedly asked by Rahman to meet him at 4 a.m. for discussion.

After the comments by the superstar, Rehman is said to have swung into action and completed all the songs in one schedule itself.

As everybody knows, Rahman has the habit of working during night time and it was due to this that he called Soundarya for the early morning discussion.

www.filmysouth.com
[/tscii:0ba8f17e97]

A.ANAND
2nd September 2008, 08:05 AM
[tscii:c86c24b1b6]Abhimaan once more
Can Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai recreate the chemistry of Amitabh and Jaya Bachchan in the remake of Abhimaan?
Back to Section Stories Posted On Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Kunal M Shah

Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya
Now, this is called truly following in your parents' footsteps.
According to industry insiders, Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai are
set to recreate the magic once created by Amitabh and Jaya Bachchan in
Hrishikesh Mukherjee's classic, Abhimaan.

Abhishek Bachchan and
Aishwarya Rai have been signed on for Rajeev Menon's next film, which
is based on Abhimaan, where the sizzling chemistry between Amitabh and
Jaya had once set the screen ablaze. The film will go on the floors in
February 2009, and has music by A R Rahman.

Our source says,
“Rajeev was very keen to make the film with Aishwarya Rai and Abhishek
Bachchan. The film has the backdrop of music and both Aishwarya Rai and
Abhishek are playing singers in the film. In fact, Aishwarya was so
excited about the film that she immediately gave dates for the shooting.

Amitabh and Jaya Bachchan
The husband-wife duo is currently working on Mani Ratnam's film,
Ravana, which is based on the Ramayana. After that, they will start
shooting for Rajeev's film. Rajeev had earlier worked with Aishwarya
Rai in Kandukondain Kandukondain, which released in 2000.”

When
contacted, Rajeev Menon confirmed the news, saying, “Yes it is true
that I am making a film with Abhishek and Aishwarya. I will be starting
the film in February and A R Rahman has composed the music.”

When we asked him what his film is about, he said he was busy, and hung up.

About Abhimaan

Subeer
Kumar (Amitabh) is on his way to becoming India's top pop singer. He
has no intention of getting married, but when he visits his Durga
Mausi, he falls in love with the simple Uma, by whose voice he's
enchanted.

He marries her and returns to Mumbai, where he
announces that he will never sing without Uma again. However, Subeer
encourages Uma to sing alone. Soon her success overtakes his, and the
seeds of jealousy begin to grow in him.

MumbaiMirror

[/tscii:c86c24b1b6]

A.ANAND
3rd September 2008, 06:54 AM
[tscii:c40e9168c3]Ram Gopal Verma to Thanu to A R Rahman

September 02, 2008

Sakkarakatti, the maiden venture of Kala Prabhu, son of leading producer Kalaipuli S Thanu has Shantanu, son of K Bhagyaraj in the lead role with Vedhika as heroine. Music for this film is scored by A R Rahman and the songs are already a chartbuster. The best among the lot is said to be the peppy number ‘Taxi Taxi’ sung by Benny Dayal, Blaze, Javed Ali and

Viviane Chaix who have brought in oodles of energy with style in this specific track.

This song has apparently impressed Bollywood director Ram Gopal Verma who had sent a laudatory message to producer Thanu who on the other hand has handed over the appreciation letter to Rahman. In a field where open congratulations are a rarity, RGV should certainly be lauded for such a positive feedback.

[/tscii:c40e9168c3]

A.ANAND
4th September 2008, 09:05 AM
[tscii:3758b53df0]Aamir Khan's special plans for 'Ghajini'
03rd Sept 2008 09.01 IST
By Agencies

Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan , who has always been a path breaker in every department, is now again giving his fans something truly unique for his forthcoming film Ghajini (Hindi) .

Instead of opting for a typical "teaser promo" followed by big theatrical promo technique, Aamir has suggested his filmmakers to start work on a never seen before interactive website for the film that is scheduled to release on December 26th.

Reports are that Aamir has been giving his creative inputs for the same which include a specially shot promo just for the website.

Internet savvy Aamir knows power of the e-medium in today's times very well and he is confident that a stronger buzz will be created through it.

Aamir has been interacting a lot through his personal website with his fans across the globe and he wants to use the ‘Ghajini’ website as a platform to multiply his fan base and in turn also promote his film.

This also involves less money as video promos online are practically free of cost and the producer doesn't have to shell a lot of money from his pocket to constantly showcase his film's promos on television channels.

The official promotion of the film is set to begin around Diwali time that's in October end and Aamir intends to get website for the film ready by that time.
[/tscii:3758b53df0]

A.ANAND
5th September 2008, 11:46 AM
[tscii:4ce0f3ee89]With seven notes as focus

JYOTI NAIR BELLIAPPA

LEC-DEM It was all about ragas and talas.

Photo: S. S. Kumar

Engrossed: L. Subramaniam giving an inter-active talk at A.R. Rahman’s K.M. Music Conservatory.

Dr. L Subramaniam’s special session at A.R. Rahman’s K.M. Music Conservatory, brought into focus the importance of the nadha or sound which is the very process of creation and is the only medium to a state of consciousness. He ascribed t he development of Indian music to Vedic chants taken in monotone, with emphasis on the words, making it a free note chant.

Dr. Subramaniam explained how this concept of seven notes can be derived from Sama Veda and it was around the 12th century that the two strong classical systems Hindustani and Carnatic developed. These seven basic notes are also present in western classical. During the 18th century, it was Venkatamaki who determined the 72 parent scales that have seven notes each.

Vajra ragas

The ragas which are created by omitting notes are called the Vajra ragas. Muthuswami Dikshitar’s “Vathapi Ganapatim” in Hamsadhwani is a case in point. It has pentatonic scale. In the second category are the Vakra ragas, which indicate a break of continuity or regularity in the accepted order of notes.

There’s yet another category which is a combination of the Vakra and Vajra called the Bhashanga ragas. These are ragas with foreign notes (accidentals); Bhashanga are the ‘derived scale ragas,’ which grow out of a major scale by the inclusion of a minor komal swara. Anand Bhairavi, Piloo and Bhairavi and Hindolam are some examples presenting the Vajra Bhashanga combinations. There are innumerable opportunities in Vakra Bhashanga; on taking one parent scale many explorations are possible. Dr. Subramaniam pointed out the importance of the primary and the secondary notes that is Vadi and Samvadi in a raga. The key phrase of the raga would express the primary note. Similarly, on improvising, the ornamentation of the primary and secondary notes would give a clear picture to the raga. Raga does not emerge simply out of going up and down the scale; it is the ornamentation relevant to a particular raga which gives the right emotion, the right flavour and comes close to being a raga which is the exposition of colour emotion and feeling, he said.

Dr. Subramaniam spoke about the seven basic talas,108 variable talas and the Chapu Talas.

Dr. Subramaniam’s inter-active exhaustive talk on the basics of the raga-tala system was a fitting introduction to the first batch of the Foundation Programme and to the faculty drawn from different parts of the world at the KM Music Conservatory.

http://www.hindu.com/fr/2008/09/05/stories/2008090551120400.htm[/tscii:4ce0f3ee89]

A.ANAND
15th September 2008, 06:04 AM
SPB talking in NDTV ( a Brief write up)Ahad, 14 September, 2008

It was a refreshing SPB talking about his experiences with different composers and about his acting and dubbing prowess. He mentioned the names of Kamal Hassan for which he dubbed in almost all of his films in telugu.He said that he had dubbed for Rajnikanth, Bhagyaraj, Sethu and T.Rajendar. He said that Ilaiyaraja Sir is the person whom he admires the most despite the fact that he is a junior professionwise( Ilaiyaraja sir is elder to SPB agewise). He anguished his pain on the way the modern composers are churning out music. Talked extensively on the differences between the (g)olden age of music and the contemmporary music. He said that he was surprised at the way the new composers are adopting the style of A.R.Rahman. Eventually he said that it is not that these composers don't have talent but it is the producers, directors and heroes who want them to sound like some other composer(Rahman in this case) . He maximed the way Harris Jayraj sounds like Rahman. He said that he had seen chunks of talent in Yuvan Shankar Raja and mentioned that Vidyasagar is a talented composer. He took the above mentioned 3 songs as his best songs which he sung under ARR and cooked in a word of praise that A.R.Rahman can churn out some lilting melodies as in Roja and Duet.

Ramakrishna
15th September 2008, 10:56 PM
[tscii:71110cf770]Rahman to tune for Common Wealth Games 2010
Source: Times Of India

He is the Mozart of Indian film music, yet AR Rahman remains modest. He quietly goes about doing what he’s best at: delivering one hit song after the other. Ask him to pose for a picture, and he begins to look distinctly uncomfortable. Still not used to the limelight, is he? Rahman smiles, but says nothing.
Even as we’re swaying to his tunes in Jodhaa Akbar and Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na, Rahman’s gone ahead and done Danny Boyle’s film, Slum Dog Millionaire, that premiered in the Toronto Film Festival to rave reviews. How does he keep churning music at this speed? “For Slum Dog Millionaire, I worked on the music and created it in one stretch. It was made very fast, I will not be surprised if it is the world’s fastest music composition,” smiles Rahman.
He is also maha excited about the track he has done for the marathon. “It is more of a background score, reflecting the joy and ecstasy of such an event. I have tried to make it sound innocent, to bring out the joy and euphoria of being a child. Sadly, then we all grow up and we lose this innocence. One day we all mature,” says Rahman, his tone nostalgic.
And while he’s singing the sports tune, how does he rate India’s performance at the Olympics? “Getting a gold medal was something really great. I believe we as a country have a momentum now. We are progressing in all the spheres, be it arts, economy, IT, sports and of course, films,” says Rahman proudly.
Doesn’t this proud Indian seem a natural choice for composing the theme song for the 2010 Commonwealth Games? Rahman gives a knowing smile, and says, “I’ve already been approached by the sports ministry for this. In fact, I was just talking to Mr (Suresh) Kalmadi. I don’t know for sure yet, but I might do something for the Commonwealth Games as well.” Isn’t this music to our ears?

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Default/Client.asp?Daily=TOICH&login=default&Enter=true&Skin=TOI&GZ=T&AW=1221338018187

page no. 28 in the above link
[/tscii:71110cf770]

directhit
16th September 2008, 08:26 AM
Slumdog Millionaire wins at Toronto film fest

http://www.rediff.com/movies/2008/sep/15tiff.htm

Slumdog, which had the audiences dancing in the aisles during the finale song and dance number (tuned by A R Rahman), breezed past through heavyweight films like Burn After Reading from Coen Brothers (No Country For Old Men), and Rachel Getting Married from Jonathan Demme (The Silence of the Lambs, Philadelphia). 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

littlemaster1982
16th September 2008, 08:35 AM
Slumdog Millionaire wins at Toronto film fest

http://www.rediff.com/movies/2008/sep/15tiff.htm

Slumdog, which had the audiences dancing in the aisles during the finale song and dance number (tuned by A R Rahman), breezed past through heavyweight films like Burn After Reading from Coen Brothers (No Country For Old Men), and Rachel Getting Married from Jonathan Demme (The Silence of the Lambs, Philadelphia). 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

:yes: :boo: :redjump: :victory: 8-)

agam
16th September 2008, 11:42 AM
Ohhlalala winner's Agam has released its songs online to help generate funds for the Bihar flood victims.
http://agamtheband.blogspot.com/2008/09/music-agam-way.html

http://myspace.com/agamtheband
- Agam's space. If you are the streaming types, this one is for you!

Your feedback is very important to us. Do write to us @ agamtheband@gmail.com about what you think about our music, our web pages or just to be in touch with us.

And finally donate generously...

Yours Musically,
Agam

Yathu
17th September 2008, 01:42 AM
In the "What's New" section on http://www.arrahman.com/ (ARR's official site) it says:

"COMING SOON

A. R. Rahman's first independent album in 11 years.
Watch this space!!"

What album is this referring to? The thirukural rap album? :?

A.ANAND
18th September 2008, 01:53 PM
[tscii:750a6e6bd0]A R Rahman Gives 3 For Shankar 6 For Manirathnam
September 17, 2008

A R Rahman, who is concentrating on Tamil films after a brief hiatus is currently busy with a couple of mega projects- Superstar Rajinikanth starrer Endhiran directed by Shankar and a Manirathnam film which has Abhishekh and Aishwarya Rai in the lead.

The music maestro, who has completed the recording of songs for his mentor Manirathnam’s film, has come out with six beautiful numbers, which would enthrall the audience, it is said.

Meanwhile for Endhiran, Rahman has composed three songs, which are currently being shot in Peru and the US, while works for three more songs are on.

http://thebollywoodactress.com/kollywood-hot-news/a-r-rahman-gives-3-for-shankar-6-for-manirathnam.php[/tscii:750a6e6bd0]

thineshan54321
18th September 2008, 06:33 PM
next year is gonna be a MEGA MEGA treat if these albums release. i am sure mani ratnam's movie would release next, not sure about shankars.

A.ANAND
19th September 2008, 06:18 AM
engga poningga thinesan,romba naala aala kaanum??? :)

thineshan54321
19th September 2008, 08:10 AM
engga poningga thinesan,romba naala aala kaanum??? :)

vanakam thalaivaa! i had cousins and relatives from overseas for the last two months (en mirudhanga arengetram paaka vanthaanga). so after that finished, we were going out and stuff so not much time. but i have to tell you, wherever we went, the only cd that kept spinning in our van was sakarakatti. we listened to it so much that even i got bored (lol just kidding). but seriously my cousins (age 3-6), three of em, kept crying for miss u miss u daa and taxi taxi song over and over again for about 3 hrs continously. whenever the song seems like its gonna finish, they will ask/cry for a repeat. i had so much fun! neways, great to see that ARR is back in form again!!! hope u all had/having a wonderful time.

A.ANAND
19th September 2008, 08:36 AM
wooooow! :shock: u can play miruthanggam :thumbsup: arangetram foto irutha namma thread-la upload pannunga sir!
we want to see the event :D congrats to u thinesan :clap: :clap:

thineshan54321
19th September 2008, 09:25 AM
still waiitng for pics but ill upload the audio for u guys

SoftSword
19th September 2008, 11:45 AM

congratulations thinesan....

thineshan54321
20th September 2008, 03:13 AM

congratulations thinesan....

thnks bro.

Mahen
21st September 2008, 08:20 PM
[tscii:26b2038ab6]http://www.cinetvratings.com/news-events/tamil-cinema-news-events.asp?NEWSID={285AF892-02FB-4ACC-B9CB-A4D7A3909CC6}&CATEGORYNAME=CNEWS

Shankar unhappy with AR Rehman?
If you want the music of AR. Rehman for your film, you better gear yourself up for a long time and to be called by the man himself. Rehman has composed just a couple of songs for the Soundarya Rajnikanth-directed animation film ‘Sultan: The Warrior’. He has, till date, composed just three songs for ‘Endhiran: The Robot’ directed by Shankar and starring Rajnikanth and Aishwarya Rai.

Shankar, however, is not amused by Rehman’s delay at all. Shankar feels dissatisfied with AR Rehman especially in the backdrop of the fact that when Maniratnam had approached AR Rehman for songs for his film, much after Shankar had booked Rehman for ‘Enthiran’, Rehman has composed and given five songs to Maniratnam but doesn’t show signs of taking up the ‘Robot’ assignment.

Rehman was only showing his loyalty to Maniratnam, who introduced him in the runaway hit of the 1990 film ‘Roja’.

Source: Cinetvratings

:twisted: :banghead: :hammer:[/tscii:26b2038ab6]

Yathu
22nd September 2008, 12:37 AM
[tscii:7e31deb3b3]

Shankar feels dissatisfied with AR Rehman especially in the backdrop of the fact that when Maniratnam had approached AR Rehman for songs for his film, much after Shankar had booked Rehman for ‘Enthiran’, Rehman has composed and given five songs to Maniratnam but doesn’t show signs of taking up the ‘Robot’ assignment.

Rehman was only showing his loyalty to Maniratnam, who introduced him in the runaway hit of the 1990 film ‘Roja’.

OooooooooOOoOooo! :shaking: They're stirring up a fight there! :lol: [/tscii:7e31deb3b3]

A.ANAND
22nd September 2008, 07:21 AM
[tscii:1dbce1f3c4]Rehman was only showing his loyalty to Maniratnam, who introduced him in the runaway hit of the 1990 film ‘Roja’.

best joke of 2008 [ukkanthu yosipanggalo] :lol: [/tscii:1dbce1f3c4]

Thalafanz
22nd September 2008, 07:59 AM
vanakam thalaivaa! i had cousins and relatives from overseas for the last two months (en mirudhanga arengetram paaka vanthaanga).

Wow, thats cool. Congrates & May God bless u more aranggAetrams. :) :D :thumbsup:

Thalafanz
22nd September 2008, 08:00 AM
Anand sir, any improvements in THR??? I rarely listen to that channel. AthAn unggalai kEtkurEn. :)

NOV
22nd September 2008, 08:05 AM
THR Raga's top ten chart show yesterday: At no. 1 was oh oh sanam :rotfl:

Thalafanz
22nd September 2008, 08:12 AM

Sakkarakatti pAtta innum avangga kEtkala-nu nenaikurEn. :P :lol2:

NOV
22nd September 2008, 08:14 AM
1 Title : Oh Oh Sanam
Movie : Dasavathaaram 1 RITL 1
2 Title : Ada Da
Movie : Sathyam 3 RITL 11
3 Title : En Anbe
Movie : Sathyam 4 RITL 14
4 Title : Mani Maniyaga
Movie : Naayaghan 2 RITL 8
5 Title : Pudhu 2
Movie : Dhaam Dhoom 5 RITL 7
6 Title : Adai Malaikaalam
Movie : Jayam Konden 6 RITL 5
7 Title : Innom Oru
Movie : Ayutham Seivom 7 RITL 4
8 Title : Pottakuruvi
Movie : Muniyandi V.M 8 RITL 3
9 Title : Maruthani
Movie : Sakkarakatti 9 RITL 12
10 Title : Kangal Irandal
Movie : Subramaniyapuram

directhit
22nd September 2008, 08:19 AM
:rotfl: :rotfl:

Thalafanz
22nd September 2008, 08:20 AM
:shock: Dinesh bro will definately 'konthalikkurAn' for this... :P

A.ANAND
22nd September 2008, 08:44 AM
Anand sir, any improvements in THR??? I rarely listen to that channel. AthAn unggalai kEtkurEn. :)
improvements iruku innu nenakiren!but my choice now is minnal fm :thumbsup:

NOV
22nd September 2008, 08:46 AM
always minnal fm :thumbsup, esp from 4.30pm to 6.00pm :musicsmile:

Thalafanz
22nd September 2008, 08:48 AM

Yep, even I like Minnal fm over THR. Because, Minnal fm use pure Tamizh, anyday better than the latter. :)

Btw, Minnal fm plays ARR songs a lot, huh... 8-)

A.ANAND
22nd September 2008, 08:48 AM

Sakkarakatti pAtta innum avangga kEtkala-nu nenaikurEn. :P :lol2:
sakkarakatti song play pannave aluvaranungale sir! :lol:
now i'm don't worry abour thr.fm![season fm]

A.ANAND
22nd September 2008, 09:01 AM
fm

Yep, even I like Minnal fm over THR. Because, Minnal fm use pure Tamizh, anyday better than the latter. :)

Btw, Minnal fm plays ARR songs a lot, huh... 8-)
yes bro! minnal fm far better then thr. every evening 4.30la irunthu
6.00pm varaikum illayaraja 8o's songs pottu 'anantha kannere'vara vechurangga!a.r.rahman songs minnal fm thavira vera entha radio-la yum kekka mudiyathu!hatts off to minnal fm.valga minnal fm :2thumbsup: :clap:

NOV
22nd September 2008, 09:03 AM
every evening 4.30la irunthu
6.00pm varaikum illayaraja 8o's songs pottu :shock:

:hammer: you dont listen to minnal! :evil: :hammer:

A.ANAND
22nd September 2008, 09:26 AM
every evening 4.30la irunthu
6.00pm varaikum illayaraja 8o's songs pottu :shock:

:hammer: you dont listen to minnal! :evil: :hammer:
ethukku sir ippadi hammer-laye intha adi adikirinnga :lol: i love minnal fm sir!athuvum illayaraja's 80's songs :omg: :musicsmile:

Thalafanz
22nd September 2008, 09:29 AM
I guess, it's MSV songs during that period. Since u said Ilayaraja songs, he hammered u :lol:

NOV
22nd September 2008, 09:47 AM
I guess, it's MSV songs during that period. Since u said Ilayaraja songs, he hammered u :lol::exactly:
50s, 60s and 70s songs.

80s and 90s - from 6 to 7. thats when I switch to THR :poke:

dinesh2002
22nd September 2008, 02:23 PM
I guess, it's MSV songs during that period. Since u said Ilayaraja songs, he hammered u :lol::exactly:
50s, 60s and 70s songs.

80s and 90s - from 6 to 7. thats when I switch to THR :poke:

how dare u... 90s songs r the best!!! :twisted:

sat_srini
23rd September 2008, 04:33 AM
Akon loves India

Hip Hop artist Akon's manager is in the city. And he is here ith a message for A R Rahman.Akon's manager boarded the flight from Boston to Mumbai a few days ago.

A source said, "Akon is quite impressed by Indian music especially the bhangra songs, which are in vogue these days. Considering the popularity of Indian music, Akon has expressed a desire to sing Punjabi songs, Hip Hop and R&B for his Indian fans. And he'd like to work with Rahman whose work he really admires."

As soon as he decided to work with A R Rahman, Akon sent his manager and partner to discuss and finalise a few projects, which the singer and composer can work together on. And that's not all.

"Given Akon's popularity, a pivotal player like Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group (ADAG) is also in talks with Akon. ADAG will soon be flying off to the US to have a meeting with Akon," said the source.

"Akon's manager had a fruitful discussion with Rahman. Rahman will soon meet Akon in Atlanta to finalise an action plan. They have a few things in mind that will be executed soon. Akon is also looking forward to working with solo singers like Sonu Nigam and cut more albums for Indian audiences," added the source.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article&sectid=30&contentid=2008092320080923034506387283b98cf

sabari_in
24th September 2008, 02:24 PM
arrahman has been selected to score the music for London Olympics 2012 which has made every Indian really proud.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A._R._Rahman

Is it true? Can anyone confirm it? :o

littlemaster1982
24th September 2008, 02:39 PM
This news has been floating around since yesterday (SMS/Orkut). But I don't think it's true. Let's see.

Yathu
24th September 2008, 03:32 PM
arrahman has been selected to score the music for London Olympics 2012 which has made every Indian really proud.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A._R._Rahman

Is it true? Can anyone confirm it? :o

:omg: That would be sooooooooo cool if it was true.

Yathu
24th September 2008, 03:33 PM
ARR's first independent album in 11 years to be called:

"CONNECTIONS"

Source: www.arrahman.com

Yathu
24th September 2008, 03:35 PM
Akon loves India

Hip Hop artist Akon's manager is in the city. And he is here ith a message for A R Rahman.Akon's manager boarded the flight from Boston to Mumbai a few days ago.

A source said, "Akon is quite impressed by Indian music especially the bhangra songs, which are in vogue these days. Considering the popularity of Indian music, Akon has expressed a desire to sing Punjabi songs, Hip Hop and R&B for his Indian fans. And he'd like to work with Rahman whose work he really admires."

As soon as he decided to work with A R Rahman, Akon sent his manager and partner to discuss and finalise a few projects, which the singer and composer can work together on. And that's not all.

"Given Akon's popularity, a pivotal player like Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group (ADAG) is also in talks with Akon. ADAG will soon be flying off to the US to have a meeting with Akon," said the source.

"Akon's manager had a fruitful discussion with Rahman. Rahman will soon meet Akon in Atlanta to finalise an action plan. They have a few things in mind that will be executed soon. Akon is also looking forward to working with solo singers like Sonu Nigam and cut more albums for Indian audiences," added the source.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article&sectid=30&contentid=2008092320080923034506387283b98cf

ARR working with a hip hop artist. That should be cool. This could pave the way for him to work with even bigger American stars! e.g. Justin Timberlake, Chris Brown (great dancers) ow and maybe MJ (the greatest dancer of all)!

viraajan
27th September 2008, 02:06 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/41850.html

Rumours are that K S Ravikumar would join hands with Suriya for a movie shortly.

Considered the king among commercial directors, K S Ravikumar had been part of several blockbusters in Tamil cinema since he began his journey with 'Cheran Pandian' almost a decade ago.

His latest 'Dasavatharam' featuring Kamal Haasan in ten different roles has been critically acclaimed and raked in moolah at the box office. The director is currently working with Sarath Kumar and Shriya for 'Jaggubhai'.

Close on the heels of completing 'Jaggubhai' in Bangkok, Ravikumar will be back in Chennai to work with Suriya. According to reports, Suriya and Nayantara would come together for the movie which would have musical score by A R Rahman.

sat_srini
1st October 2008, 03:26 AM
[tscii:691149af0d]Disney foray into film production in India

Sudhish Kamath

The 19th Step will be a lavish production with an Indo-Japanese cast. “This is an interesting film because it’s a multilingual which will primarily be in Tamil and it is one of those unique films that will potentially be a global film. It’s got some elements of martial arts. We are proud to be associated with Kamal Haasan and A.R. Rahman.”

http://www.hindu.com/2008/10/01/stories/2008100157982200.htm[/tscii:691149af0d]

A.ANAND
3rd October 2008, 08:30 AM
A.R.RAHMAN LAUNCHACES VENNILA KABBADI KUZHU AUDIO

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/Events/16400.html

Mahen
3rd October 2008, 08:21 PM

Rama Narayanan addresses ARR as ulaga tamizhan :clap: ICHAI puyal :lol: ...Probably he was drunk

dinesh2002
3rd October 2008, 08:32 PM

Rama Narayanan addresses ARR as ulaga tamizhan :clap: ICHAI puyal :lol: ...Probably he was drunk

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

thamizhvaanan
3rd October 2008, 09:08 PM
NOV please change the "Isai puyal ARR" :banghead: in the threads title and replace it with "Isai Kada(vu)l ARR" :yes: :exactly:

Isai puyal was a "Ulkuthu" title given to our ARR and it has been ages since he proved those dim wits false. :twisted:

SoftSword
4th October 2008, 02:09 PM
NOV please change the "Isai puyal ARR" :banghead: in the threads title and replace it with "Isai Kada(vu)l ARR" :yes: :exactly:

Isai puyal was a "Ulkuthu" title given to our ARR and it has been ages since he proved those dim wits false. :twisted:

adhu yaaro puyalaala veedu vaasal adichuttu ponavanga pesaradhu... adha patthi namakku enna... avanga veetta stronga kattirundhaa ivlo baadhippu vandhirukkadhu illa... ;)

A.ANAND
4th October 2008, 10:09 PM

adhu yaaro puyalaala veedu vaasal adichuttu ponavanga pesaradhu... adha patthi namakku enna... avanga veetta stronga kattirundhaa ivlo baadhippu vandhirukkadhu illa... ;)

:lol: nalla punch!

thineshan54321
5th October 2008, 02:24 AM
Top 3 expected movies of 2008/2009 is by ARR - http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-slide-shows/movie-2/upcoming-movies/ashoka-vanam.html

MADDY
6th October 2008, 10:57 AM

i never consider this title genuine for rahman - isaipuyal.......i too had objections, but i dont think NOV will change it :(

Yathu
10th October 2008, 12:40 AM
New Aritel Digital TV commercial, featuring ARR:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=i254XobMKRc

MADDY
10th October 2008, 11:26 AM

rocking 8-)

A.ANAND
10th October 2008, 06:59 PM
ARASU BATHILGAL[KUMUDAM]

ஆர். ராஜப்பா, சேலம்.

எம்.எஸ்.வி, இளையராஜா, ரஹ்மான் - மூன்று சகாப்தங்களில் உங்களை அதிகம் கவர்ந்தது?

எம்.எஸ்.வி ஸ்டீரியோவை மறுத்து மோனோ இசையில் கம்பீரமான முழக்கத்தைத் தந்த சாதனையாளர்.. ராஜா நாட்டார் இசையை மேற்கத்திய இசையோடு இணைத்த மாமேதை. ரஹ்மான் டெக்னோ இசையின் நுட்பத்தை ஆழ்ந்து அனுபவிக்கச் செய்யும் இசைச் சிற்பி. மூவருமே தமிழிசையில் சாதித்தவர்கள் என்பது எத்தனை பெருமை. இந்த முக்கனிகளுமே என் பிரமிப்புக்குரியவர்கள்தான்.

thamizhvaanan
10th October 2008, 08:52 PM

rocking 8-)

The most striking aspect is that ARR is given the centre stage and importance even ahead of bollywood cinema stars :notworthy:

If SRK was in the ad, will this be the case still? :roll:

MADDY
10th October 2008, 10:00 PM

rocking 8-)

The most striking aspect is that ARR is given the centre stage and importance even ahead of bollywood cinema stars :notworthy:

If SRK was in the ad, will this be the case still? :roll:

Sachin, SRK, ARR in that order of importance...... :)

baba88
11th October 2008, 12:54 AM
what happened to the movie written by Karunanidhi ? is ARR scoring music for it ?

Mahen
11th October 2008, 07:48 AM
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=pnImBrgYiNw&feature=related

Yathu
11th October 2008, 04:38 PM
MADDY....ur....avatar.... :shock: :shaking:

These about sum up my reaction:

* http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4gGAMqxjp-w *

* http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=QHklk7RkLus *

MADDY
12th October 2008, 08:44 AM
MADDY....ur....avatar.... :shock: :shaking:

These about sum up my reaction:

* http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4gGAMqxjp-w *

* http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=QHklk7RkLus *

:rotfl: dont worry u'll get used to it :lol:

A.ANAND
12th October 2008, 05:28 PM
[tscii]Rahman snubs Yash Chopra

(BM&C)

11 October 2008

Music maestro turns down opportunity to work with the legenadary Chopra due to money matters

Going by the recent fate of YashRaj Films at the box-office since his retirement, Yash Chopra decided to make a comeback for one last time. However, Yashji’s plans of pulling a grand casting coup failed thanks to music maestro A R Rahman.

Due to his friendship with the Bachchan family, Yashji signed Amitabh Bachchan and Abhishek Bachchan and even convinced them to work in the film with Shah Rukh Khan.

But it wasn’t the cast that Yashji was worried about; it was getting his dream music director, A R Rahman that he was more concerned with. Says a YashRaj source, ìYashji is a big fan of Rehman but he never got to work with him because Aditya isn’t too fond of Rehman’s brand of music. Since this is Yashji’s last directorial film he was adamant on fulfilling his dream by getting Rehman to score the music of his romantic musical drama.î

Yashji personally called Rahman for a meeting. Rahman was equally excited to receive a call from the legend, but what followed later was something that Rahman never expected. Reportedly, Yashji put a list of demands on Rahman which upset him so much that he walked out of the meeting.

A source close to Rahman reveals, ìRahman works only at night and Yashji was informed about this before the meeting. Despite knowing this, Yashji demanded that Rahman should work in the day because Yashji owing to his health could only work in the day. He also insisted that Rahman should record only at the YashRaj studios and even stay in the studios during the recording.î Apparently, Rahman agreed to all this but what transpired after this is what angered Rahman. When it came to Rahman’s fee, Yashji offered him an extremely paltry sum and when Rahman protested Yashji reportedly said, ìYou should consider yourself lucky that you are getting to compose music for a Yash Chopra film. This is a privilege and not all music directors get this chance.î This angered Rahman, who is a legend himself. He excused himself from the meeting and never returned. Later Rahman asked his office to tell Yashji that Rahman wasn’t interested in his project.

Yashji tried getting in touch with Rahman but the latter has been avoiding him. With little choice left, one last heard that Yashji is in talks with the trio of Shankar-Ehsaan and Loy to compose music for this film.

Mahen
12th October 2008, 09:24 PM

(BM&C)

11 October 2008

Music maestro turns down opportunity to work with the legenadary Chopra due to money matters

Going by the recent fate of YashRaj Films at the box-office since his retirement, Yash Chopra decided to make a comeback for one last time. However, Yashji’s plans of pulling a grand casting coup failed thanks to music maestro A R Rahman.

Due to his friendship with the Bachchan family, Yashji signed Amitabh Bachchan and Abhishek Bachchan and even convinced them to work in the film with Shah Rukh Khan.

But it wasn’t the cast that Yashji was worried about; it was getting his dream music director, A R Rahman that he was more concerned with. Says a YashRaj source, ìYashji is a big fan of Rehman but he never got to work with him because Aditya isn’t too fond of Rehman’s brand of music. Since this is Yashji’s last directorial film he was adamant on fulfilling his dream by getting Rehman to score the music of his romantic musical drama.î

Yashji personally called Rahman for a meeting. Rahman was equally excited to receive a call from the legend, but what followed later was something that Rahman never expected. Reportedly, Yashji put a list of demands on Rahman which upset him so much that he walked out of the meeting.

A source close to Rahman reveals, ìRahman works only at night and Yashji was informed about this before the meeting. Despite knowing this, Yashji demanded that Rahman should work in the day because Yashji owing to his health could only work in the day. He also insisted that Rahman should record only at the YashRaj studios and even stay in the studios during the recording.î Apparently, Rahman agreed to all this but what transpired after this is what angered Rahman. When it came to Rahman’s fee, Yashji offered him an extremely paltry sum and when Rahman protested Yashji reportedly said, ìYou should consider yourself lucky that you are getting to compose music for a Yash Chopra film. This is a privilege and not all music directors get this chance.î This angered Rahman, who is a legend himself. He excused himself from the meeting and never returned. Later Rahman asked his office to tell Yashji that Rahman wasn’t interested in his project.

Yashji tried getting in touch with Rahman but the latter has been avoiding him. With little choice left, one last heard that Yashji is in talks with the trio of Shankar-Ehsaan and Loy to compose music for this film.

:lol: Bloody old fart YC deserves it..Some northies are so damn arrogant..Hats off to ARR :clap:

dinesh2002
12th October 2008, 09:57 PM

(BM&C)

11 October 2008

:lol: Bloody old fart YC deserves it..Some northies are so damn arrogant..Hats off to ARR :clap:

YC is a big brand in HFI, i hope it doesnt bring some prbs likc boycot ARR in composing music for hindi films :lol:

Mahen
13th October 2008, 09:06 AM

(BM&C)

11 October 2008

YC is a big brand in HFI, i hope it doesnt bring some prbs likc boycot ARR in composing music for hindi films :lol:

so?ARR is a big brand across the globe..YC ellam jujubi :D

A.ANAND
13th October 2008, 11:30 AM

(BM&C)

11 October 2008

Hindi karanunga senjalum seivanungga! :(

SoftSword
13th October 2008, 11:55 AM

(BM&C)

11 October 2008

u think that hindi guys like aamir khan, subhash ghaiand ofcourse mani would boycott rehman....??? ;)
you know, even if that happens, i would be the happiest man... we ll hav rehman full time for tamil.... :)

A.ANAND
13th October 2008, 12:33 PM

(BM&C)

11 October 2008

u think that hindi guys like aamir khan, subhash ghaiand ofcourse mani would boycott rehman....??? ;)
you know, even if that happens, i would be the happiest man... we ll hav rehman full time for tamil.... :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: appakuda avaru tamil films pakkam vara mattaru!
escape to hollywood! :lol:

Yathu
13th October 2008, 03:30 PM
I'm just grateful that he does Tamil films at all. I see it as quality over quantity. :D

Shankar
13th October 2008, 09:51 PM
[tscii:1845e58f6c]>>>>>
You should consider yourself lucky that you are getting to compose music for a Yash Chopra film. This is a privilege and not all music directors get this chance.î
<<<<<
nAnA irundhA avana seruppAla adichiruppEn...arr summa ezhundhu vandhirukkAn. What arrogance ! Good that he walked out of the meeting.[/tscii:1845e58f6c]

m_23_bayarea
13th October 2008, 09:56 PM

(BM&C)

11 October 2008

Way to go, Rahman! What a slap to sheer arrogance and pride... 8-)

natha1729
14th October 2008, 01:46 AM
this seems like publicit. rahman has done too much for hindi world for them to tell him what to do and how to do it. a professional is one who is paid to deliver not paid as how to do the product. if this ever happened, it is very ungraceful and unprofessional and everyone would like to avoid these kind of people.

natha1729
14th October 2008, 01:47 AM
please don't come to conclusions and judgemental and prejudiced behavior to those ready to hurl abuses without knowledge of the pure facts.

A.ANAND
14th October 2008, 06:40 AM
HONOURING RAHMAN BY LIMCA RECORDS

http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=nx12KjqWttw

A.ANAND
14th October 2008, 05:44 PM
ராவணாவுக்காக இசை கற்கும் ஐஸ்!
இலவச நியூஸ் லெட்டர் பெற

மேலும் புதிய படங்கள்இசையரசி ஆகும் முயற்சிகளில் மும்முராக இறங்கியிருக்கிறார் ஐஸ்வர்யா ராய். எப்போது அரங்கேற்றம் என்று கேட்டுவிடாதீர்கள். இந்த இசை முயற்சி அரங்கேற்றத்துக்காக அல்ல.

தமிழ், இந்தி மற்றும் தெலுங்கு என மூன்று மொழிகளில் மணிரத்னம் இயக்கும் பிரமாண்ட படமான ராவணாவுக்காகத்தான்.

இப் படத்தில் பிராமணப் பெண்ணாக நடிக்கிறார், ஐஸ்வர்யா. படத்தில் கர்நாடக இசையில் வல்லமை பெற்ற சீதா வேடம் அவருக்கு. சும்மா இசை தெரிந்தவர் போல பாவனை செய்யாமல், கர்நாடக இசை குறித்து முழுமையாக அறிந்து கொள்ளுமாறு ஐஸ்வர்யாவிடம் கூறியுள்ளார் மணிரத்னம். அப்போதுதான் அதற்கேற்ற உடல் மொழி சரியாக வரும் என்பதால் இந்த யோசனை.

இதையடுத்து கர்நாடக இசைக் கலைஞர் ஒருவர் மூலம் முறையாக கற்று வருகிறார் ஐஸ்வர்யா. இதற்கென படப்பிடிப்பு நடக்கும் இடத்திலேயே இடம் ஒதுக்கப்பட்டு விட்டது.

அவர் இசை கற்க ஆரம்பித்த இரு தினங்களிலேயே மாமனார் அமிதாப் பச்சன் உடல் நலம் குன்றியதால் உடனடியாக மும்பைக்குப் பறந்துவிட்டார். அமிதாப் வீடு திரும்பி உடல் நலம் தேறிய பின்பே அவர் படப்பிடிப்பில் கலந்து கொள்வார் எனக் கூறப்படுகிறது.

http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/heroines/2008/10/14-aishwarya-rai-learns-music-for-mani-film.html

SoftSword
15th October 2008, 04:09 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_music_artists

Yathu
16th October 2008, 02:17 AM
A passionate video by a (silly) person claiming that ARR has "lifted" another composers work for the background score of RDB:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-PC4BLPH27E

I don't see the similarity, except in the beat, but this dude seems to be convinced. :|

Im sure this'll get posted in the "Copying in TFM" thread, so I beat them to it! :lol:

A.ANAND
16th October 2008, 09:24 PM
[tscii:b327adf01d]"A.R.Rahman isn't a good judge of scripts"

October 16, 2008

I was in the midst of a discussion between two friends talking about Rahman and Yuvan, and this made me to think of one contrasting difference between these composers. When you look at A R Rahman¡¯s career graph, you can¡¯t help noticing that most of his flop movies (not flop songs) are with new directors that he makes music for

-recent example, Kala Prabhu¡¯s Sakkarakatti. A sample list of other moderate to flop movies would be: Pudiya Mugam, May Madham, Enakku 20 Unakku 18, Sillunu Oru Kadhal, Udhaya, Parasuram, ATM, and Ratchagan. You will notice that 90 percent of his hit movies are with well established directors or are backed up by strong personalities, such as Aamir Khan for his nephew in Jaane Tu.

This is a sharp contrast to someone like Yuvan who is more successful with new comers. And his father, Ilayaraja, has an unprecedented record of hit movies with new comers. The irony is that Rahman's judgment in scripts is not that great; he can connect with his music but I don¡¯t think he has the ability to judge what scripts will work and what will not. If Mani Ratnam, Aamir Khan, and Shankar move on at this point to new music directors, it will at least give Rahman a new bandwidth of newcomers to experiment with.

I am not disputing that Rahman has set a benchmark in the industry. However, I would prefer that Rahman try and experiment with more new comers and hone his instinct to connect with new scripts instead of circling back to those five top directors all the time.

VIJAY SRINIVASAN
Behindwoods visitor
vijsrini.s@rediffma il.com

http://www.behindwo ods.com/tamil- movie-news- 1/oct-08- 03/rahman- 16-10-08. html

[/tscii:b327adf01d]

SoftSword
16th October 2008, 09:41 PM
A passionate video by a (silly) person claiming that ARR has "lifted" another composers work for the background score of RDB:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-PC4BLPH27E

I don't see the similarity, except in the beat, but this dude seems to be convinced. :|

Im sure this'll get posted in the "Copying in TFM" thread, so I beat them to it! :lol:

for me... the beats sound similar...
but the tune goes up and down in RDB... and its jus regular in the other one...

also the beat sounds similar to maaya machindha from indian... :)
can anybody understand ? ;)

A.ANAND
17th October 2008, 05:08 PM
http://www.hindu.com/fr/2008/10/17/stories/2008101750050100.htm

somusic
19th October 2008, 02:40 AM
If anyone missed this .have a look at it.........just wanted to share with u friends.....lsiten to the words of andrew lloyd webber.........wow

Dont miss........

http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=MVazyN15fXM&feature=related

A.ANAND
20th October 2008, 12:29 PM
BENNY TALKS ABOUT ARR

http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=DIBo5pMiMW4
PART 1
http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=L0BLKsriano
PART 2

A.ANAND
20th October 2008, 03:12 PM
Why we can't ignore a.r.rahman

http://www.rediff.com/movies/2008/oct/20rahman.htm

Yathu
22nd October 2008, 06:16 PM
"Directors working with A.R.R should put in 100%"

October 21, 2008

As a diehard fan of Tamil music, I would like to comment on this article, "A.R.Rahman isn't a good judge of scripts" (http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/oct-08-03/rahman-16-10-08.html) October 16, 2008

Many of ARR movies flop may superficially reflect the he is not a good reader of scripts. However, ondeep observation his involvement with any project he signs is disproportionately higher than the other technicians including the directors. We all know ARR works very hard to produce the best of tunes as evident by the less number of movies he has scored and lack of resemblance amongst his songs as compared to the other music directors. I feel ARR is too good for Tamil films and we should consider ourselves fortunate that he is still signing them. In my opinion he should undertake more international projects and win Oscar, which is only a matter of time.

We must be so proud to have best quality musicians like Ilayaraja, AR Rahman, Harris Jeyaraj, and Yuvan shankar. They have taken Tamil music to different dimension and class - undisputedly Ilayaraja and Rahman. So, the directors approaching these musicians must be prepared to put more than 100% effort on their script.

Thank you
Yours sincerely

Dr Dinesh Jothimani
Daily Behindwoods reader
jdineshis@yahoo.co.uk

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/oct-08-03/ar-rahman-21-10-08.html

Ramakrishna
22nd October 2008, 11:03 PM
ravi_j85: Who's your favourite music director - AR Rahman or Illayaraja?
Madhavan: AR

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14782810

k_vanan
31st October 2008, 01:29 PM
ARR + SELVARAGHAVAN in new movie

http://www.kollywoodtoday.com/news/ar-rahman-and-selvaraghavan-together/

:redjump: :bluejump: :clap:

directhit
31st October 2008, 01:31 PM
thought selva's next movie is with vishal :shaking: :roll:
selva + ARR wud be 8-)

Yathu
31st October 2008, 05:15 PM
ARR + SELVARAGHAVAN in new movie

http://www.kollywoodtoday.com/news/ar-rahman-and-selvaraghavan-together/

:redjump: :bluejump: :clap:

:o PLEASE LET THIS MATERIALISE! :shaking:

:victory:

sat_srini
31st October 2008, 08:03 PM
You can listen to or download the song composed by ARR for the "Big Band" here-
http://bigbandindia.com/entry.php
http://bigbandindia.com/rahman.mp3

baba88
31st October 2008, 09:07 PM
The most talented young directors of the last 3 years:

Gautham Menon (Vettayadu Villayadu,Kakka Kakka,Minnale)
Murugadoss (Gajini)
Selvaraghavan (7G Rainbow Colony,Puthupettai)

Now each of them is working with A.R.Rahman. Many people asked why ARR could not work with those Directors when their hit movies like 7G Rainbow Colony, Gajini or Vettayadu Villayadu came out. But now it happens

baba88
31st October 2008, 09:28 PM
Hey guys did you notice this song has the music bit of the original Taxi Taxi song. The bhangra version.

http://bigbandindia.com/rahman.mp3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IECQThDhoUs

pure bliss
31st October 2008, 09:40 PM
[tscii:762aad45ea]Q :- Have you ever met Rahman ?

Praj :- I have met him very few times. He is a very beautiful human being. Once suddenly, he told me " Prakash. I watched your Nagamandala Kannada movie" I asked him, " Kannada movie. Where did you see it ?". He said, " I was doing music, and it came in TV , and I saw it . Good film and Good music". He speaks very less, and speaks very beautiful.

He has been my Music Director ever since my first movie. When Roja got released, I was in Bangalore. At that time itself, it was something new, and something special. It was very very fresh to see to that man. When I was in my youth and I was in love, those times, were associated with Rahman.

I love the way he opens up. " Thirakka Kaatukkule ( En Swasa kaatre)". The sound itself is a silent scream. The BGMs that he had brought in is so beautiful. It was so simple and hummable. He has brought in lot of voices. When you see Rahman, its not the music alone, but the voices that he has brought in. He has brought in a lot of Sufi Music into being. He always gets away surprisingly.

The Sax which he used in Duet is MIND BLOWING. Its like a bird which is singing at its peak. It makes anyone cry. The music filled me all through the movie. It was very exciting and suprising to me to know what music he would do, on my entry, and on my walk. He would have seen my expression, and did some music to it….All this added to my excitement.

Perhaps, this is the first time, I am talking about Rahman in a media.

Rahman also makes music to the scripts. The picturisation and the BGMs blend to the movie
[/tscii:762aad45ea]

Ramakrishna
31st October 2008, 11:09 PM
Prakashraj on Rahmania - audio files

http://www.mediafire.com/?xwdytnwigmo
http://www.mediafire.com/?e2ywagzjzzw
http://www.mediafire.com/?mmvokzmyygn

kham
2nd November 2008, 11:10 AM
http://www.desihits.com/radio/show/southside-show-50-gautam-menon-interview

Gowtham interview... He says he first pitched Minnale to ARR, but he was busy n he din hav enough time...

A.ANAND
4th November 2008, 06:03 PM
dinesh,your sister[MADHUSRI] birthday
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/Events/16675.html

MADDY
4th November 2008, 09:06 PM
dinesh,your sister[MADHUSRI] birthday
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/Events/16675.html

:rotfl:

Scale
8th November 2008, 12:05 PM
Shekhar Kapoor's 3 Graces (http://www.mumbaimirror.com/index.aspx?page=article&sectid=30&contentid=2008110620081106035726702d8944a50&sectxslt=section) has a classic opera from ARR! :)

Have anyone heard Champions T20 Anthem by ARR?

dinesh2002
11th November 2008, 04:39 PM
Hi guys, i would like to share the link here, ive uploaded the skin in www.winamp.com ....

do download and comment if u liked it.. its awfully simple i must say, but having ARR in ur winamp makes it special... :)

http://www.winamp.com/skins/details/221752

ajaybaskar
13th November 2008, 01:55 PM
[tscii:313f918611]A.R. Rahman to compose music for the multi-starrer Blue

Music maestro A.R.Rahman has given some really diverse music this year. While he started the year with Ashutosh Gowariker’s period film Jodhaa Akbar, he surprised everyone with the young and peppy tunes which he composed for Aamir Khan Productions’ Jaane Tu…Ya Jaane Na.

If you think that’s all you get to hear of Rahman this year, then you are wrong. While his music for Subhash Ghai’s magnum opus Yuvraaj is being awaited with bated breath, he is also composing the music for Aamir Khan’s Ghajini.

And for all you die-hard Rahman fans, there is some more good news. The music maestro has also been roped in by Shree Ashtavinayak Cine Vision Ltd. to compose the music for their multi-starrer Blue. Blue has been in the news recently as major portions of the film featuring actors like Akshay Kumar, Sanjay Dutt, Lara Dutta, Zayed Khan and Katrina Kaif were shot in the exotic locations of Bahamas. With Rahman coming into the picture this adventure ride only gets bigger and better.

http://www.bollywoodonweb.com/?p=14897[/tscii:313f918611]

ajaybaskar
16th November 2008, 02:07 PM
[tscii:e3047196e8]With less than a month to go for the start of inaugural Champions T20 League, ESPN Star Sports (ESS) is planning an extensive marketing campaign to create awareness.

Targeting the family, the campaign will kick off later this week and cover print, television, radio, online and outdoors.

“We want to position this event as being completely different from anything else including the IPL. It is the first of its kind since it only has the champion sides. So we came up with the tag line Champions Takre Toh Game Hi Badal Jaye,” says ESS marketing director Nirmal Dayani.

ESS got the ball rolling by getting AR Rahman to compose the anthem. The music video is being put together. “We want to emphasise the fact that AR Rahman is to music what the Champions T20 League is to cricket.”

The message that ESS is looking to send out is that when one talks of the Champions T20 League there is no comparison with anything else in this sport. The same applies to AR Rahman and his music.

Dayani adds that cricketers who will take part in the event will be used in the campaign. The channel is shooting creatives with them. This is especially important since the channel is looking to create team loyalties and have fans bond with their favourite side and stars.

Dayani adds that while the event will have all the excitement and entertainment associated with the T20 format, the fact that only champions are taking part in this event gives it an aspirational dimension.

ESS is looking at tying up with retail outlets and other companies fior cross promotions. “We are in the process of finalising the deals. The aim is to offer consumers an enriched experience,” says Dayani.

The Champions T20 League takes place from 3-10 December 2008. Eight teams take part including Chennai Superkings and Rajasthan Royals who will represent India. The finals will be held in Mumbai.

http://www.championsleaguecricket.com/[/tscii:e3047196e8]

thineshan54321
17th November 2008, 09:00 PM
hey guys, I am one of those ARR fans that also love IRs music. its never been one or the other for me. if there is an argument between arr fans and ir fans, ill just stay away from me altho I am more influenced by arr and his music. given that, I would love to hear illayarajah singing for ARR. I've been listening to machan machan and i really admire his voice. i hope ARR uses his voice. what do u all say?

A.ANAND
18th November 2008, 06:04 AM
hey guys, I am one of those ARR fans that also love IRs music. its never been one or the other for me. if there is an argument between arr fans and ir fans, ill just stay away from me altho I am more influenced by arr and his music. given that, I would love to hear illayarajah singing for ARR. I've been listening to machan machan and i really admire his voice. i hope ARR uses his voice. what do u all say?

yes!thinesan,same here!i'm also ir's bakthan :D arr and ir rendu perume 2 kanngal mathiri,2 kannu-la entha kannu venumm-na eppadi! :lol: raja rahman music-la paduvatha vida rendu perum senthu 1 movie-ikku music pannanum!it's my dream to see 2 legend
working together!like msv-ir in 'mella thiranthahu kathavu' :D

SoftSword
18th November 2008, 12:42 PM
'Slumdog Millionaire's music isn't about India'

November 17, 2008 18:04 IST

The Maharaja of modern Indian music, A R Rahman, has talent and vision the stuff of legend, a unanimously recognized musical genius that comes around once-a-generation.

So it was only a matter of time before Hollywood scooped him up and sampled his skills; and that's exactly what happened, first in Elizabeth: The Golden Age, the musical Bombay Dreams and now in Danny Boyle's mega-hyped, Mumbai-based Slumdog Millionaire.

As evidence of his rising celebrity, and to give you insight into the creative process behind the beats of Boyle's masterpiece, we point you to this interview from the prestigious pages of New York Magazine -- a lifestyle mag known especially for its fashion/celebrity/arts/gossip coverage, which always seems to be on the cutting edge of what's in, what's cool and what's happening.

So, given the elite-ness of the publication, this brief QnA session undoubtedly portends great things for Rahman's Hollywood future. And it appears a more comprehensive future is indeed likely.

In the interview, an effusive Rahman has nothing but kind words for director, calling him not only a fast worker and humorous, but also a 'good human being.'

Also Read: Making Slumdog Millionaire truly Indian
Explaining the differences between working for Hollywood and Bollywood, Rahman says, 'There's not many cues in the film. Usually a big film has 130 cues. This had just seventeen or eighteen: the end credits, beginning credits, that stuff.'

He went on to say that, 'It took two months of planning, two weeks of completing. Usually it takes six months with the musical films I'm doing in India.'

But does the film's music, which is earning near-universal praise from critics, paint an accurate aural portrait of Mumbai? Rahman believes that, 'The soundtrack isn't about India or Indian culture. The story could happen anywhere: China, Brazil [Images], anywhere. Who Wants to Be a Millionaire is on in every damn country.'

Yes, really and truly, it appears that the West has woken up to India. We have a feeling Hollywood isn't quite finished with the uber-talented Rahman. So stay tuned!

dinesh2002
18th November 2008, 03:19 PM
From an Interview in Malayala Manorama with upcoming Malayalam MD Rahul raj.

Q : What was the turning point in your musical life?
A : It was my interest towards A.R.Rahman's music that attracted me to film music.When i was in school, i used to sing only classical music.I even had an impression that other form of music is a sin. And film songs didn't attract me at all even after multiple hearing.Classical music was everything for me. But it was the music from Rahman's roja that broke all my conventions.After hearing it i got a broad vision about the scope of film music.For me, Rahman's music was like a 'Welcoming breakup'.

http://www.manoramaonline.com/cgi-bin/MMOnline.dll/portal/ep/malayalamContentView.do?contentType=EDITORIAL&programId=1073752865&articleType=Music&contentId=4737789&BV_ID=@@@

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/arrahmanfans/message/105987