PDA

View Full Version : kuRaL digressions

app_engine
27th July 2008, 09:43 AM
I've been suggesting on TFMpage for years that IR does something to kuRaL. Now read a news that ARR is doing something like 'kuRaL in rap'. As much as I love ARR to popularize kuRaL, this rap thing is definitely not acceptable:-(

Tuning kuRaL in rap is nothing but k kaiyil p:-( Nothing is better than nonsense. Anyways, I'm resolved to not listen if in rap, let my mind live with KVM's 'அன்பிலார் எல்லாம் தமக்குரியர் அன்புடையார் என்பும் உரியர் பிறர்க்கு'. (பல்லாண்டு வாழ்க)

MrJudge
27th July 2008, 10:25 AM
let my mind live with KVM's 'அன்பிலார் எல்லாம் தமக்குரியர் அன்புடையார் என்பும் உரியர் பிறர்க்கு'. (பல்லாண்டு வாழ்க)

Yeah, I too have been thinking of IR composing kuRaL for longtime, but no luck :( IR's 'agara muthala' is such a good number that is being used for Kavithalaya films opening credits. His voice suits so well and sounds like a divine mantra. If IR does his version similar to that number, it will be liked by many without a doubt.

My another longterm dream is IR should compose for musicals in tamil for silapathigaram etc.... Watching his musical compositions along with a good kooththuppattarai performance, It will be really good. Why doesn't he do something on this front?

Sanjeevi
27th July 2008, 07:42 PM
To tune all 1330 songs of Thirukkural for a person is not easy. Let ARR compose for some songs and I wish IR to compose another set of songs

dochu
27th July 2008, 09:41 PM
Yep. it is a big task for single person. maybe this is subjective - if ARR does it, then it will sound trendy rather than one with some essence (nothing wrong in being trendy as well).

IR would be the apt choice - but who is going to finance it? I wish he attempted all this when he was at the peak in terms of market sales.

baroque
28th July 2008, 12:04 AM
[tscii:c5f65eece9]http://www.tamilnation.org/literature/Kural/cds.htm

I had this album by oriental records.. some one borrowed didn't return to me! :( Simple and melodious .

http://spbkural.blogspot.com/2008_04_01_archive.html

Who knows already Shri.MSV has done it too with out much publicity.

Melodies & music -Orchestration should be balanced with healthy resonance & expressive vocals. It should make an healthy mental & emotional impact on listeners. Aesthetic sense is important.

HAPPY AADI KRITHIGAI!

http://www.divshare.com/download/4407400-bf1

love, Vinatha.

[/tscii:c5f65eece9]

Plum
28th July 2008, 11:12 AM
1330 kuralukum ARR music podanumna...considering his speed, he wont have time left in his life for anything else (NOM) :-)
Adhanaala, we can safely assume that it is going to be excerpts. Who will explain the kurals to him, though? It is not as if he is a tamil expert?

ananth222
28th July 2008, 11:34 AM
Who will explain the kurals to him, though? It is not as if he is a tamil expert?If its going to be rap, I think u can forget about the "explanation" part... ;)

raja_fan
28th July 2008, 11:44 AM
Guys,

This is IR's thread. Why should we discuss ARR here ?
Let us be conservative here and keep devoted to IR :)
Otherwise it is a waste of time and also unnecessary arguments will follow :)

dochu
28th July 2008, 12:48 PM
[tscii:c7c9f4ddb6]http://www.tamilnation.org/literature/Kural/cds.htm
I had this album by oriental records.. some one borrowed didn't return to me! :( Simple and melodious .
love, Vinatha.
[/tscii:c7c9f4ddb6]

Baroque,
Have heard this album before and few others by the same music director - Mr. Rangasami Parthasarthy. Sadly it was not quite pleasing. 'Gayatri Mantra' , another album was also a mishap. Hope people are aware about that person. He is the owner of Echo records (which owns almost 60-70% of IR movies copyright).

d

pure bliss
28th July 2008, 01:09 PM
1330 kuralukum ARR music podanumna...considering his speed, he wont have time left in his life for anything else (NOM) :-)
Adhanaala, we can safely assume that it is going to be excerpts. Who will explain the kurals to him, though? It is not as if he is a tamil expert?

Firstly he dint say he will compose all of them at one go

His ability in composing for jingles will come in handy

Plum dont worry about who will explain as there are host of experts from senior Vaali, Vairamuthu, and to the latest Na.Mu
who have the greatest respect and will help him out in this venture.

U can sleep peacefully today!

Even though doing it in rap style may or may not click

Sanjeevi
28th July 2008, 01:19 PM

Since Kurals are written in well predefined form (Venba - 4 words in first line & 3 words in last (2nd) line., all kurals won't fit in same tune? :huh:

MrJudge
28th July 2008, 01:30 PM

Since Kurals are written in well predefined form (Venba - 4 words in first line & 3 words in last (2nd) line. Thus all kurals won't fit in same tune? :huh:

athellam illeenga.... kaathalan rap bit style-a oru 10, 10 kuralaa moochchu udaamma padippanga, appuram paarunga, thirukal magimai ulagukku puriyum :D

MumbaiRamki
28th July 2008, 02:55 PM
common guys , ARR will do a good job . In our views , his music may not be time-lasting but he is good .''

app_engine
28th July 2008, 07:22 PM
Unfortunately a passing remark has generated so many posts and I'm sorry about giving the unnecessary spark:-(