stone cold
6th January 2005, 03:29 PM
Happy B'day ARR>

sad
6th January 2005, 04:21 PM
A.R.Rahman- The maestro moves ahead!
By Moviebuzz
Thursday, 06 January , 2005, 12:43
Today, January 6 is Allah Rakha Rahman’s 39th birthday. His name needs no introduction as he is the man who redefined contemporary Indian music and is the pride of an entire nation and an idol for millions all over the world.

His latest album Swades is a clear stunningly simple sound but has not been able to create a wave as Ashutosh Gowarikar’s film has bombed at the box-office. Now all eyes are on Kisna releasing on January 21. The album (which he shares with Ismail Durbar) opens in a different way with just about a minute long "Kisna Theme instrumental".

Rahman has done a superb job as the music is melodious and haunting and the song "Hum Hain Iss Pal Yahan…”, has already created waves and is a chartbuster.

However the maestro is no longer a force that he was in Tamil film music. His long absence from the Tamil music scenario during which he became an idol for millions all over the world, a lot of other composers took over his mantle. Harris Jayaraj and Yuvan Shankar Raja were able to catch the attention of music lovers who wanted fast peppy beats.

In 2004 Rahman provided music for films like- “Kangalal Kaidhu Sei”, “Aayitha Ezhuthu” and “New”. Among them only “New” could create an impact especially songs like “Sakkara Inikkidhu Sakkarai…” and the remixed “Thottal Poo Malarum…” from “New” in the top ten songs of the year.

But in a recent interview he remarked: ‘What is today’s Tamil music all about? It is nothing but fast numbers or remix downloaded. What took me weeks to make music for “Gentleman” or “Rangeela” can be done today if you have computer software and pre-set rhythms!”

Rahman strongly believes that as a composer, he loves music that is able to stir his soul. However the good news is that in 2005, Rahman has agreed to provide music to three films so far - S.J.Suryah’s BF, K.S.Ravikumar’s God father and Krishna’s (Gautham Menon’s Assistant) untitled film with Surya and Jyothika in the lead.

He is still the living legend and his music has transcended all barriers and he is still trying to be innovative. Rahman plans to continue to give music to Tamil films which after all made him India’s biggest musical brand ambassador.

sanchayy
6th January 2005, 05:45 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ARRJ!!!!
GOD BLESS YOU!!!!

zz
6th January 2005, 06:12 PM
>>>But in a recent interview he remarked: ‘What is today’s Tamil music all about? It is nothing but fast numbers or remix downloaded. What took me weeks to make music for “Gentleman” or “Rangeela” can be done today if you have computer software and pre-set rhythms!”

This is what happens with media..

We know for sure and even ARR clarified to the group that he did not utter those words...In a confused environment where there were too many reporters and to many interviews happening side by side, ARR gave this interview ..The reporter added his own spice in that and published the content as if ARR has said that...Now...what will stand in the records..? obviously what has been reported..rite..

This is what happens with media..every single artist is a prey for this.

MADDY
7th January 2005, 09:42 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE GENIUS!!!

May this year bring lot of success to him both commercially and critically and help him retain the place that he has in the hearts of millions of TFM fans........ :D

Cinefan
7th January 2005, 03:56 PM
ARR spoke to Vasanthi Hariprakash(RJ)on Radio city,B'lore yesterday between 3pm to 4pm,did anybody listen to the interview?

Scale
3rd January 2006, 12:18 PM
WISH PADMASHREE ARR ON HIS BIRTHDAY

FROM ARR YAHOO GROUP, Registration is simple & you can also check others wishes.

ARR's 39th birthday is around the corner as you all know.

Please post your wishes on the forum below
http://s15.invisionfree.com/arrahman/index.php?showtopic=1

Vijay will pass on your wishes to ARR. I know, the last time we tried to do something similar on Pavan's suggestion, we could not get ARR to post a response as he was extremely busy shuttling between Chennai and Toronto. This time around, we are more hopeful of getting ARR to respond to your posts.

Note:
1. Click on Add Reply in the link above, do not start a new topic.
2. Requires quick registration to prevent frivolous posts.
3. Keep your message concise and do not fail to add your name and location.
4. Deadline for posting is 7 PM IST, Jan 5th.

Scale
3rd January 2006, 12:24 PM
MANY MANY MANY MANY MORE HAPPY RETURNS OF THE DAY.

ORU SOFTWARE ENGINEER KOOPIDALAM, ORU ROCKET ENGINEERA KOODA KOOPIDALAM, AANA ORU MUSIC COMPOSERA TLOR, MOZART FILMKKUM COMPOSE PANNA KOOPITTA ORE PERUMAIKKURIYAVAR ENGAL ANBU ANNAN PADMASHREE A R RAHMAN ISAI PUYAL AVARGAL KUDUMBATHODU PALLANDU VAALA IRAIVANAI VENDI VAALTHUGIREN.

WISHING YOU ALL SUCCESS FOR THE FOTHCOMING VENTURES TLOR, SIVAJI, JOK, GODFATHER, CHAMKI ETC:thumbsup:..

rsubras
3rd January 2006, 01:42 PM
I admire ARR more for his characters and qualities than for his music ......... He is a musical Great, but IMHO, more greater is his ability to handle it with humility and grace........ Way to Go Rahman sir...... May GOD bless you and your family

Vaazhga Valamudan !!!!

Sanjeevi
3rd January 2006, 03:23 PM
Happy birthdat to A R Rehman, a true musician

njv
4th January 2006, 12:52 AM
Happy birthday to ARR. Hope the following years are good for us!

Scale, I love your avatar. Its awesome.

Scale
4th January 2006, 11:18 AM
Celebrate A R Rahman's birthday!

http://www.chennaionline.com/film/News/2006/01arrehman.asp

Download over 110 Rahman hits here!!

Spl legal package from chennaionline!!!

Chennaionline.com celebrates music whiz kid A R Rahman's birthday on January 6 in great style - the best way we know - by getting legal downloads of some of his best foot-tapping numbers.

This rare collection brings you such chartbusters from Boys, New, Unakku 20 Enakku 18, Mudhalvan, Padayappa, Uyire, Thiruda Thiruda, Puthiya Mugam, Anbe Aaruyire, Star, Rhythm, Baba, Parasuram, Kadalar Dhinam and Kangalal Kaiythu Sei, that will leave you gasping for more.

These are rendered by SPB, Hariharan, Shankar Mahadevan, Mano, Chitra, S Janaki, P Susheela, Srinivas, Unnikrishnan, Sujatha, Harini, Kavitha Subramaniam, Sadhana Sargam and Karthik, among others.

What's more, there are some typical songs where Rahman sparkles as a singer too!

So, get cracking, start downloading, and make your own private Rahman collection a reality. And celebrate Rahman's birthday with music, and more music!!

Send us your list of top 20 Rahman numbers and if your list matches that of our expert panel, you could win some prizes.

So join the party, sway with AR's music and have fun.

Thanks njv. I am dedicating this avatar on ARR's birthday. Even he would be surprised to see this avatar :D

Nerd
4th January 2006, 12:22 PM
Happy birthday, genius :)

One request: Choose movies with care. Dont ever compose for SJS who just destroys brilliant music with his stupid acting and dancing!

Avenger
4th January 2006, 02:26 PM
Vijay is passing the wishes :clap:
Wut better gift can ARR ask :wink:

WISH PADMASHREE ARR ON HIS BIRTHDAY

FROM ARR YAHOO GROUP, Registration is simple & you can also check others wishes.

ARR's 39th birthday is around the corner as you all know.

Please post your wishes on the forum below
http://s15.invisionfree.com/arrahman/index.php?showtopic=1

Vijay will pass on your wishes to ARR. I know, the last time we tried to do something similar on Pavan's suggestion, we could not get ARR to post a response as he was extremely busy shuttling between Chennai and Toronto. This time around, we are more hopeful of getting ARR to respond to your posts.

Note:
1. Click on Add Reply in the link above, do not start a new topic.
2. Requires quick registration to prevent frivolous posts.
3. Keep your message concise and do not fail to add your name and location.
4. Deadline for posting is 7 PM IST, Jan 5th.

Alien
6th January 2006, 07:08 AM
Many more happy returns of the day ARR !!! :clap: :clap:

One request: Choose movies with care. Dont ever compose for SJS who just destroys brilliant music with his stupid acting and dancing!
yeah :P

svaisn
6th January 2006, 08:08 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE MUSIC GENIUS.....

lancelot
6th January 2006, 08:53 AM
many happy returns.... to my hero....
hope the comming year will be good for the music world... an me
hehe
:D

muzammil84
6th January 2006, 02:14 PM
Many Many Happy Rerurns of The day
Let's Rock This Year ARR ji :)

Thiru
6th January 2006, 07:43 PM
A.R Rahman is this month's Artist of the Month in the TFM hub..

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=5568

Scale
6th January 2006, 07:57 PM
THANKS THIRU!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Scale
6th January 2006, 08:34 PM
40 scores from AR Rahman at 40

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1360574.cms

http://sify.com/movies/fullstory.php?id=14115350

Blogger's wishes

http://gaprocks.blogspot.com/2006/01/happy-birthday.html

http://thoughtdistillery.blogspot.com/2006/01/happy-birthday-rahman.html

http://prabhukrish.net/2006/01/06/isai-puyal

thamizhvaanan
6th January 2006, 10:23 PM
Happy Birthday ARR... may this year be excellent to you and thus musically satisfying to us.

ansa400
7th January 2006, 11:26 AM
Watch Indiaglitz.com's spl clippings of ARR's B'Day wishes by celebrities. It also has the clipping of "LORD OF WAR" where the Bombay theme is used. Clip #13.

Scale
7th January 2006, 01:05 PM
Video Link is here,

Tamil,

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/events/8796.html

ARR's kid Roomi's birthday is also on 6th Jan :o :roll: . Birthday wishes baby :D

Hindi

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/hindi/gallery/events/8797.html

Bloggers review ARR -2005,
http://crusadertvm.blogspot.com/

Bloggers Wishes,
http://ursmusically.blogspot.com/2006/01/birthday-baby.html

http://navinwrites.blogspot.com/2006/01/happy-birthday-ar-rahman-jan-6th.html

A R Prashanth
13th February 2006, 05:31 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE GENIUS!!!

May this year bring lot of success to him both commercially and critically and help him retain the place that he has in the hearts of millions of TFM fans........ :D

iam new to this hub..today it has been activated.please can any one help me for A R R's id......

Yathu
6th January 2009, 02:53 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: Happy Birthday ARR sir! :clap: :clap: :clap:

:musicsmile: Thanks for being the soundtrack to my life. :musicsmile:

May God bless you with good health and great music for many more years to come.

Best wishes,

Yathu

Wibha
6th January 2009, 02:54 AM
Wish you a very Happy Birthday ARR Sir :D :) :notworthy:

MADDY
6th January 2009, 07:16 AM
Happy birthday Sir! Praying for your oscar win and Golden globe win :bow:

guys, on this auspicious day, we need to revive our section, not that we are doing bad , but we can do better......please suggest threads or ideas that can revive our section and get lot of people in........we can even get yahoo group or orkut members into HUB and increase our count.......i'm sure some of them would be interested to join us.......we also need to press for a ARRahman fan as Moderator.......we will choose one person amongst ourselves and suggest the name to NOV, RR.......i have dinesh and thineshan in my mind..... :)

MADDY
6th January 2009, 07:23 AM
ideas that are on top of my mind:

1. revive 'album of the week' thread
2. revive 'whats last ARR song you listened to' thread
3. some identifying competitions - like identify the song with lyrics or identify the movie with BGM
4. Remix rahman's songs - guys with good skill on sound s/ws can mix rahman song and put it for display here....

we also need to clear up lot of mess here - lot of unwanted threads :oops:

Wibha
6th January 2009, 07:30 AM
maddy :D

1 and 2 :yes:

sarna_blr
6th January 2009, 08:52 AM
Many more happy returns of the day Mr AR Rahman :D

lancelot
6th January 2009, 09:04 AM
Happy Birthday A R Rahman. thank you so much for all the wonderful music you have given us, and best of luck for the years to come. looking forward to listening to more of your great work...

hehe
:D

thineshan54321
6th January 2009, 09:48 AM

guys, on this auspicious day, we need to revive our section, not that we are doing bad , but we can do better......please suggest threads or ideas that can revive our section and get lot of people in........we can even get yahoo group or orkut members into HUB and increase our count.......i'm sure some of them would be interested to join us.......we also need to press for a ARRahman fan as Moderator.......we will choose one person amongst ourselves and suggest the name to NOV, RR.......i have dinesh and thineshan in my mind..... :)

hey maddy, thanks for that faith. But, I think dinesh or you will be a better moderator. You guys have been here longer and the passion you guys have for AR Rahman is truly beyond words. I am no way in comparison to you guys when it comes to that. I am happy enough visiting this forum everyday and reading all the wonderful posts and thoughts of and about Rahman. I wish ARR a very very happy birthday and I've been praying to god that ARR wins the golden globe as well as the oscars. It's about time our thalaivar sweeps hollywood like he did us with roja and the north with rangeela. Wishing him good luck and great blessings from god.

thineshan54321
6th January 2009, 09:54 AM

3. some identifying competitions - like identify the song with lyrics or identify the movie with BGM
4. Remix rahman's songs - guys with good skill on sound s/ws can mix rahman song and put it for display here....

To that I would also like to add another item. BGM collection forum. Here we will post all the bgms of ARR. I am sure this is allowed as even yahoo fan group members post it. I have already ripped lossless flac BGM of KM, one of the greatest BGMs ever created. Next, I am in the process of downloading Sivaji 44.4 gb blu ray with tru hd. I will rip the BGMs from that also when I get the time. I recommend members here to do the same with other movies. If you guys need tutorial on how to extract and edit lossless BGMs from original ayngaran dvd 9, let me know and once we open up a thread, I will post the details. Remember, songs are only a fraction of the genius of ARR. The tunes in the BGMs are as beautiful or even sometimes even better than songs. Remember milo wahan? If this was not made into a song, we should have forgotten the beautiful tune in KM. We should not forget any gem produced by ARR and that is why I encourage lossless BGMs straight out of DVDs.

Next, we should also make some threads sticky so that they are not forgotten.

Lastly, even though this is a very minor suggestion. I believe it will make our thread much more neater and organized. I want to suggest a format for the thread names and members here can suggest or improve that format so that all movies are uniformly named. Here is my suggestion:

Status || Movie Name | Director | Main Actor, Actress (optional) ||

For Status, we will put one of these abbreviations:
G - Gossip (maybe a better symbol here)
A - Announced
P - In production
MR - Music Released
AR - All Released (movie and music released)

I just thought this will give a better structure to our thread.

So for enthiran it will look like the following:

P || Enthiran | Shankar | Rajnikanth, Aishwarya Rai ||

Only suggestions, please let me know what you guys think.

Mahen
6th January 2009, 10:29 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ULAGA THAMIZHAN ISAI PUYAL ARR!!

ajaybaskar
6th January 2009, 11:15 AM
ஆஸ்கார் நாயகனே...
உனக்கு என் இனிய பிறந்த நாள் வாழ்த்துக்கள்..

ajaybaskar
6th January 2009, 11:19 AM

ARR fan as moderator???

Gr8... :D

I nominate u for this apart from Dinesh and Thineshan...

crajkumar_be
6th January 2009, 11:25 AM
ஆஸ்கர் நாயகன், உலக நாயகன், சூப்பர் ஸ்டார், இசைப்புயல் A.R Rahman-ukku இனிய பிறந்தநாள் வாழ்த்துகள்

நீ சாதிக்கவே பிறந்தவன் :notworthy:

Wibha
6th January 2009, 11:27 AM
Maddy how could you forget our own LM? :D

ajaybaskar
6th January 2009, 11:29 AM
Then we shud consider Anand, Softy and Guess Me too...

Ramakrishna
6th January 2009, 12:44 PM
Maddy how could you forget our own LM? :D

Yes.. My choice too. The evercool master is the right candidate 8-)

Ramakrishna
6th January 2009, 12:48 PM
And Happy Birthday genius :D

Ramakrishna
6th January 2009, 12:49 PM
Send your B'day wishes to AR.Rahman

http://e.indiaglitz.com/ig/news/arrbirthday/

Wibha
6th January 2009, 01:53 PM
idk if you guys know...

ARR's son's birthday is also today :D HOW CUTE!! :)

I wish him a happy birthday :)

Ramakrishna
6th January 2009, 01:57 PM

To that I would also like to add another item. BGM collection forum. Here we will post all the bgms of ARR. I am sure this is allowed as even yahoo fan group members post it. I have already ripped lossless flac BGM of KM, one of the greatest BGMs ever created. Next, I am in the process of downloading Sivaji 44.4 gb blu ray with tru hd. I will rip the BGMs from that also when I get the time. I recommend members here to do the same with other movies. If you guys need tutorial on how to extract and edit lossless BGMs from original ayngaran dvd 9, let me know and once we open up a thread, I will post the details. Remember, songs are only a fraction of the genius of ARR. The tunes in the BGMs are as beautiful or even sometimes even better than songs. Remember milo wahan? If this was not made into a song, we should have forgotten the beautiful tune in KM. We should not forget any gem produced by ARR and that is why I encourage lossless BGMs straight out of DVDs.

Lastly, even though this is a very minor suggestion. I believe it will make our thread much more neater and organized. I want to suggest a format for the thread names and members here can suggest or improve that format so that all movies are uniformly named. Here is my suggestion:

A - Announced
P - In production
MR - Music Released

All brilliant suggestions.... But as Maddy said, we need one of us as the moderator to implement all these. Each one of us can PM RR asking for an additional moderator.

Sid_316
6th January 2009, 02:01 PM
Happy Birthday to thalaivar rehman :notworthy: :thumbsup: :2thumbsup:

ArulprakasH
6th January 2009, 02:31 PM
hApPy HapPy BiRtHdAy ARR :notworthy:

A.ANAND
6th January 2009, 02:35 PM
intha arr-rin isai bakthanin pirantha naal vazhthukkal :2thumbsup: :clap: :D

happy birthday! :cool2:

A.ANAND
6th January 2009, 02:45 PM
Then we shud consider Anand, Softy and Guess Me too...

ajay, enna vechu kamidi kimidi pannalaye! :lol:

namma ramakrishna-ve marathutinggale!

A.ANAND
6th January 2009, 04:08 PM
[tscii:23fce44fca]Rahman – Age isn’t anything but a number!

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-articles/movies-08/rahman-06-01-09.html[/tscii:23fce44fca]

MADDY
6th January 2009, 04:26 PM
ஆஸ்கர் நாயகன், உலக நாயகன், சூப்பர் ஸ்டார், இசைப்புயல் A.R Rahman-ukku இனிய பிறந்தநாள் வாழ்த்துகள்

:bow: coming from a kamal bakthar - its a proud thing for us :)

Ramakrishna
6th January 2009, 04:28 PM

:smokesmirk:

viraajan
6th January 2009, 04:29 PM
:swinghead: Happy Birthday ARR :bow:

Wishing you all the success in taking Indian Music to next level :thumbsup:

crajkumar_be
6th January 2009, 04:42 PM

Kamal bakhtar or Rajini bakthar, nyaayam/unmai nu onnu irukkulla :)
Ovvoru Thamizhanin/Indiyanin perumai...

MADDY
6th January 2009, 04:43 PM
idk if you guys know...

ARR's son's birthday is also today :D HOW CUTE!! :)

I wish him a happy birthday :)

yes, his son Ameen was also born on jan 6th :thumbsup:

ajaybaskar
6th January 2009, 06:00 PM

Kamal bakhtar or Rajini bakthar, nyaayam/unmai nu onnu irukkulla :)
Ovvoru Thamizhanin/Indiyanin perumai...

Hats off,Bala... :D

thineshan54321
6th January 2009, 11:08 PM

A - Announced
P - In production
MR - Music Released

All brilliant suggestions.... But as Maddy said, we need one of us as the moderator to implement all these. Each one of us can PM RR asking for an additional moderator.

i cant believe i forgot to mention you for being moderator. there are a lot of people here who have spent a lot of time in this forum so guys please think very carefully before voting.

ajithfederer
7th January 2009, 01:21 AM
Happy Birthday ARR :D

MADDY
7th January 2009, 08:29 AM
Summary of suggestions:

5. Clear unwanted threads(copy paste posts in relevant threads) - Need mod access
6. Make some threads sticky - need mod access
7. Status || Movie Name | Director | Main Actor, Actress (optional) for all new movie threads - Need mod access to modify already exisitng threads
8. give hub link esp to orkut/yahoo group during tamil film music polls and attract ARR fans into the forum - Need mod access so that we can approve new account requests quickly enough)
9. MOD nominations - Dinesh, Thineshan, Littlemaster, Ramakrishna (more names are welcome)

i didnt nominate myself because i wouldnt do justice - if caught in my job, i wouldnt be able to visit the forum for 3-4 days continously........exactly the same reason why i didnt nominate LM in first place - we share same job profile :lol2: ........i nominated dinesh since he has already managed a ARR site and successfully managing the 'only'(:lol2:) fan blog for madhushree........passion wise, i dont think anyone is less than the other here :bow:

directhit
7th January 2009, 08:37 AM
Birthday wishes to the Legend 8-) wishing him a golden globe gift for his birthday :bow:

thineshan54321
7th January 2009, 09:23 AM
Summary of suggestions:

5. Clear unwanted threads(copy paste posts in relevant threads) - Need mod access
6. Make some threads sticky - need mod access
7. Status || Movie Name | Director | Main Actor, Actress (optional) for all new movie threads - Need mod access to modify already exisitng threads
8. give hub link esp to orkut/yahoo group during tamil film music polls and attract ARR fans into the forum - Need mod access so that we can approve new account requests quickly enough)
9. MOD nominations - Dinesh, Thineshan, Littlemaster, Ramakrishna (more names are welcome)

i didnt nominate myself because i wouldnt do justice - if caught in my job, i wouldnt be able to visit the forum for 3-4 days continously........exactly the same reason why i didnt nominate LM in first place - we share same job profile :lol2: ........i nominated dinesh since he has already managed a ARR site and successfully managing the 'only'(:lol2:) fan blog for madhushree........passion wise, i dont think anyone is less than the other here :bow:

About number 7, I think people who have created the old threads should go ahead and rename the names. Please be sure to follow the same format (assuming its finalized now). Also make sure not to have all cap names, makes it messy.

littlemaster1982
7th January 2009, 10:23 AM
A small suggestion regarding naming conventions of threads. Instead of G - Gossip, we can name as U - Unofficial, which sounds much better :D

ArulprakasH
7th January 2009, 11:44 AM
இசை புயலே! இவ்வுலகிள் நின் பெயர் இருக்கும் வரை இசை இருக்கும்!!! :notworthy:

R.Latha
7th January 2009, 12:25 PM
[tscii:17ebcac69d]Send your B'day wishes to AR.Rahman
IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, January 06, 2009]

Send your Birthday wishes

Easily the most successful Indian musician to go global, A. R. Rahman turns 43 today. Having started his career in tinsel town with Mani Ratnam's 1992 film 'Roja', the talented Rahman has literally taken the world by storm with his magnificent orchestration and apt music.

A major strength of this musical wizard is the art of fusing many styles of music to produce an end result that is so very soothing and energizing with the desired mood…. an incredible ability and yet something that A. R. Rahman does quite naturally. Apart from his millions of Indian fans who shower accolades on him by the hour, Rahman's incredible talent had attracted the attention of the famed TIME Magazine which referred to him as the 'Mozart of Madras'.

Born as A. S. Dileep Kumar in the year 1966 in Chennai, the young lad has always been associated with music, thanks to his family. Losing his father at the tender age of nine, young Dileep's family was involved in renting out musical instruments. In the late 1970s his family converted to Islam and Dilip Kumar became Allah Rakkha Rahman.

Passionate about music all the time, young Rahman worked his way up to the recognition level by composing jingles for commercials, working on the background scores for documentaries and television programs. The big break came his way when Mani Ratnam approached him for the film 'Roja'. A seldom talked about fact is that A. R. Rahman is the recipient of the prestigious Rajat Kamal Award for Best Music Director at the National Film Awards. He received this award on debut. Such an instance was never heard of before.

A musical genius was born. All spotlights were turned on him and scores of Tamil films followed. 'Puthiya Mugam', 'Gentleman', 'Kizhakku Cheemayile', 'Uzhvan', 'Thiruda Thiruda', 'Duet', 'May Maadham', 'Kadhalan', 'Bombay' etc. Almost all the songs that featured in these films went on to become big time chartbusters. A. R. Rahman had taken the world of Tamil Cinema by storm with his magnificent style of music. The musical genius was bestowed with an appropriate title 'Isai Puyal' (musical storm).

Soon after, Bollywood came knocking on his doors and A. R. Rahman's tunes in the blockbuster 'Rangeela' set the whole of India dancing to his tunes gleefully. The 'Mozart of Madras' started to spell magic with every single outing and he had become hot property.

Minsara Kanavu (Tamil), Kabhi Na Kabhi (Hindi), Fire (Hindi), 'Kadhal Desam', 'Jeans' (Tamil), 'Taal' (Hindi), 'Padayappa', 'Kadhalar Dinam' (Tamil), 'Lagaan' (Hindi), 'The Legend of Bhagat Singh' (Hindi), 'Boys' (Tamil), 'Warriors of Haven and Earth' (Mandarin & Japanese), 'Rang De Basanti' (Hindi), 'Sillunu Oru Kadhal' (Tamil), 'Ayutha Ezhuthu / Yuva' (Tamil / Hindi), Elizabeth: The Golden Age' (English), 'Jodha Akbar', 'Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na' (Hindi), Sakkarakatti (Tamil), 'Yuvvraaj', 'Ghajini' (Hindi), 'Slumdog Millionaire' (English) etc. have all rocked audiences. A. R. Rahman had become a world phenomenon by now….

A. R. Rahman's international recognition for the English film 'Slumdog Millionaire' is simply outstanding. The Los Angeles Film Critics Award, New York Online Film Critics Award, International Press Academy Satellite Award, Black Reel Award and the San Diego Film Critics Award.

A. R. Rahman has been nominated for the Golden Globe Awards for 'Slumdog Millionaire' and also at the Broadcast Film Critics Association Award. Results are awaited….but Rahman is expected to win these as well.

The music wizard has many films up his sleeve and they include 'Asokavanam' (Tamil), 'Puli' (Telugu), 'Sultan: the warrior' and 'Endhiran' (Tamil).

Apart from movies, Rahman is also known for his albums that have gone on to break collection records. 'Vande Mataram', a patriotic album that was composed in the 1997 to commemorate India's fiftieth year of Independence is something every patriotic Indian cherishes close to his or her heart.

Going by the host of recognition this incredible talent is receiving, the Oscars might not be far away. We surely have a genius in our backyard who is sought after internationally. Let's hope A. R. Rahman continues to do what he does masterfully – sway our hearts with his enthralling music.

Indiaglitz salutes and wishes A. R. Rahman a magnificent birthday….[/tscii:17ebcac69d]

PoonaiKutty
7th January 2009, 12:32 PM
[tscii:5bf0340f0a]
A. R. Rahman has been nominated for the Golden Globe Awards for 'Slumdog Millionaire' and also at the Broadcast Film Critics Association Award. Results are awaited….but Rahman is expected to win these as well..[/tscii:5bf0340f0a]

Here in S'pore, they r gonna telecast Golden Globe awards - live .. but its on Monday - 8:00AM :huh: ... thingking of bunking office tht day :D

Ramakrishna
7th January 2009, 01:02 PM
AR Rahman celebrates his 43rd Birthday with Rahmaniacs

http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=dE_t-GFwG1o

ajaybaskar
7th January 2009, 01:11 PM
இந்த மனுஷனுக்கு தலைக்கனம் வரவே வராதா???

A.ANAND
7th January 2009, 02:44 PM
இந்த மனுஷனுக்கு தலைக்கனம் வரவே வராதா???

:lol: aniyayathukku nallavana irukare!

thineshan54321
7th January 2009, 09:20 PM
A small suggestion regarding naming conventions of threads. Instead of G - Gossip, we can name as U - Unofficial, which sounds much better :D

agreed!

MADDY
8th January 2009, 09:18 AM
so guys, if there are no more suggestions, i'll PM Nov abt these suggestions and get his views on how to get it done.....

polls have started, we have to get people from orkut/yahoo in :)

thineshan54321
17th January 2009, 03:41 AM
hey maddy, i dont see any changes in the forum. did u pm the suggestions. the name changes are being made and the thread looks very uniform and professional. :)

MADDY
17th January 2009, 11:32 AM
hey maddy, i dont see any changes in the forum. did u pm the suggestions. the name changes are being made and the thread looks very uniform and professional. :)

sorry guys for not updating here........i have PM-ed NOV, he will get back to me within a week or so......but i dont think its going to be that easy........we need someone to be made MOD to get all these things moving.........i have put this on my official outlook calendar - will not remove it unless completed :)

littlemaster1982
6th January 2010, 12:00 AM
[html:599bf849f4]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3627/3337788601_d02717ffe3.jpg[/html:599bf849f4]

:redjump: 8-) :victory: Many More Happy Returns of the Day, ARR :victory: 8-) :redjump:

Yathu
6th January 2010, 12:28 AM
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Happy Birthday ARR! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Best wishes from

Yathu

Yathu
6th January 2010, 12:35 AM
//LM aren't we also closing in on your first full year of moderating?

Happy 1st Anniversary Master-Ji! :D

3 cheers for moderating in moderation. :lol:

littlemaster1982
6th January 2010, 12:51 AM
That's Jan 27, Yathu :D Thank you for the wishes in advance :)

A.ANAND
6th January 2010, 07:59 AM
thangga thalaivarukku ithayam kanintha pirantha naal vazhtukkal!

:clap: :notworthy:

AudazJay
6th January 2010, 08:09 AM
Wishing you a very Happy Birthday Rahman sir! :D

Sourav
6th January 2010, 08:16 AM
:cheer: Happy B'day ARR! :cheer:
:bow:

Raikkonen
6th January 2010, 08:32 AM
Happy Birthday Rahman Sir :cheer: :cheer:

NOV
6th January 2010, 09:06 AM
[html:986cc9410b]
http://im.rediff.com/entertai/2007/jun/18sld1.jpg
[/html:986cc9410b]

Happy 44th Birthday A. R. Rahman!

VinodKumar's
6th January 2010, 09:08 AM
" Ellam pugazhum ARR oruvarukae "

Happy B'day Rahman Sir ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

united07
6th January 2010, 09:10 AM
Happy Bday....

dinesh2002
6th January 2010, 09:14 AM
Happy Birthday A.R.Rahman sir ....

Wibha
6th January 2010, 09:15 AM
:redjump: :bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump: Happy B'day A R RAHMAN :redjump: :bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump:

indha varushamaadhu engoorla oru concert veche theeranum :x :hammer:

sathya_1979
6th January 2010, 09:23 AM
OSCAR Nayaganukku Ullam kanindha pirandhanaal nalvaazhthugal! :bluejump: :redjump: :clap: :2thumbsup: :happydance: :cheer: :happydance: :happydance: :clap:

satissh_r
6th January 2010, 09:32 AM
Thanks God!, for giving him to us :) Many many many happy musical years to you Rahman sir!!

You are the definition of music to me :musicsmile:

k_vanan
6th January 2010, 11:23 AM
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY" to Isai Thalabathy ARR :notworthy: :cheer:

ajaybaskar
6th January 2010, 12:08 PM
En udanpiravaa annanukku iniya piranthanaal vaazhthukkal....

Babu606
6th January 2010, 12:33 PM
Happy Birthday Rahman Sir. May God Bless you!

MADDY
6th January 2010, 03:42 PM
happy birthday sir! i hope he fullfills our dreams of penetrating into hollywood mainstream some day :D ...

btw, svaisn is a IR fan rite - how come he is the owner of this thread :?

Dinesh84
6th January 2010, 03:52 PM
Happy b'day to A.R Rahman Sir.. :D

Kumar2020
6th January 2010, 04:44 PM
Happy Birthday to the one and only......

jaaze
6th January 2010, 05:45 PM
Happy Birthday to The Genius who never ages :D

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Z21bpGJU36k/S0M9Nvj3QsI/AAAAAAAABgo/L1I8pQiI40I/s1600-h/arrahman-bday-2010+copy.png

please enable this thanks :D

sathya_1979
6th January 2010, 05:57 PM
Happy Birthday to The Genius who never ages :D

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Z21bpGJU36k/S0M9Nvj3QsI/AAAAAAAABgo/L1I8pQiI40I/s1600-h/arrahman-bday-2010+copy.png

please enable this thanks :D
Kandippaa idha ezhudhinavar TR Fanaadhaan irukkanum :D

jaaze
6th January 2010, 05:58 PM
Kandippaa idha ezhudhinavar TR Fan aadhaan irukkanum :Dappadiya.. i sensed a vivek fan in there :)

Rocky89
6th January 2010, 06:44 PM
Happy Birthday Ji :D

viraajan
6th January 2010, 06:46 PM
Very happy birthday Rahman sir :bow:

A.ANAND
6th January 2010, 06:52 PM
Video arr birthday

http://video.in.msn.com/watch/video/ar-rahman-celebrates-44th-birthday/f4fv4ndu

Benny Lava
6th January 2010, 06:55 PM
Isai arasan'ukku pirandha naal vaazhthukkal :2thumbsup:

Ramakrishna
6th January 2010, 09:05 PM
Happy Rahman Jayanthi to one and all

Thirumaran
6th January 2010, 10:37 PM
Wishing A.R.Rehman a wonderful birthday :2thumbsup:

May he get us more Oscars :D

sathya_1979
7th January 2010, 04:51 PM
NDTV Tribute:

http://www.ndtv.com/news/photos/album-details.php?id=6568&Album=PHOTO_GALLERY&AlbumTitle=A+R+Rahman%27s+life+in+44+pics