PDA

View Full Version : ~!!LITTLE SUPERSTAR SIMBU'S!!~ --- **SILAMBATTAM***

A_Ajith
5th November 2008, 11:59 AM
[tscii:6a37119e52]Silambattam, stars Silambarasan and debutante Sana Khan in the lead roles. Cinematographer Saravanan directs this film which has Simbu in the role of a Hindu, Brahmin priest. Prabhu Ganesan plays the role of an inspector in 'Silambattam'.Yuvan Shankar Raja composes the music . It will be the first time, that Simbu plays a Hindu priest. It is also said that Simbu is donning a double role.

Cast
-----------------------------
Actor Role
Silambarasan Tamizharasan/Silambarasan
Sneha criminal expert
Sana Khan _
Santhanam _
Prabhu Ganesan Inspector
Kishore
Nirosha

The soundtrack of Silambattam was released on October 20, 2008. The background score has been composed by Yuvan Shankar Raja along with five melodious songs. Already before the audio launch, there were released three preview songs of the film 'Nallamdhana' – the remix of the evergreen classic song from the film 'Thillanamohanambal', 'Silambattam', a typical hero-glorification song and 'Where is the Party' a peppy number with mischief as the backdrop have been set, which were going well at the leading FM stations in Chennai. The songs from the albums were released to four leading FM stations in Chennai, with one song per station, in attempt to popularize it five days before the official launch.

[/tscii:6a37119e52]

HonestRaj
5th November 2008, 12:18 PM
VOTED - NO

Expecting another KAALAI...... Vandhuttanda vandhuttanda kAla :lol:

villain: dai nan pollathavan
simbhu: dai nan kettavan

:sigh2:

A_Ajith
5th November 2008, 12:23 PM
:lol: :lol: :twisted:

groucho070
5th November 2008, 12:32 PM
Prabhu in it?

So, how many Simbu fans are there in here. Hallo (echoes)?

sarna_blr
5th November 2008, 12:32 PM
VOTED - NO

Expecting another KAALAI...... Vandhuttanda vandhuttanda kAla :lol:

villain: dai nan pollathavan
simbhu: dai nan kettavan

:sigh2:

:shock: :omg: kaalai paaththaachchaa :shock: :omg:

I heard that Veerachamy is better than kaalai :roll:

A_Ajith
5th November 2008, 12:35 PM
@ grouchou , Simbu is a very talented actor and proof is manmadhan and Thotti jaya.

But i don't know many directors use him as a big headache!!!

Silambattam also looks like a very commercial venture. Hope he does a neat job :P

Sourav
5th November 2008, 12:45 PM
Voted YES... :yes:
Because he is coming as a THALA fan in this movie... :redjump:
Athukkave movie paakkanum....(Evlo mokkaiya irunthalum...) 8-)

groucho070
5th November 2008, 12:48 PM
[tscii:f8f3d25902]

I heard that Veerachamy is better than kaalai :roll: :lol:

Few weeks ago, I made a masochistic attempt to watch Veerasamy…because I have become too narrow minded that I am scared to watch Tamizh films other than of my favourite stars. Maybe the movie compartment of my brain need a stretch.

Needless to say I lasted only forty minutes, after which I don’t know…maybe I knocked myself down unconscious (ala Madhan’s dad in MMMKR)…it’s all a blur.

AA, yes, I’ve heard that Simbhu is very talented…he is a great writer too, and a lyricist (and humble enough to include in the lyric that he can’t write like Valee…thanks Simbhu, truth is nobody can).

At the same time I hear lots of off camera antics that is, in my extremely humble opinion, going to stunt his growth. Let’s see what happens to him…good talents should not go to waste.
[/tscii:f8f3d25902]

A_Ajith
5th November 2008, 01:24 PM
groucho070

I agree. Someone's personal habits also affect their career. Hope he fine tunes himself and doesn't make a mess again :P

A_Ajith
5th November 2008, 01:27 PM
Macha macha sung by Ilayaraja is a good melody in this album.

However there is a very catchy number called "WHERE IS THE PARTY".

Yuvan has mixed western with Local Chennai slang gaana :lol:

Thamizh Endra Naan is usual Simbu intro stuff.

The remixes are done neatly. Nalamdhaana Remix is cool though the lyrics has been tampered a lot!!

Vechukava unamatum is a kamal kaasan song i guess .

groucho070
5th November 2008, 01:50 PM

What!!! This song too? Its a song for Rajini in Nallavanukku Nallavan, I think. Known for two reasons:

1. First time KJJ doing a fast pace number
2. Rajini and the heroine are draped with colourful light bulbs. Anthakkalattukkey athu romba too much.

NOV
5th November 2008, 01:54 PM
What!!! This song too? why not? sundar C sings OrampO rukumani vandi varudhu in his next movie. :banghead:

A_Ajith
5th November 2008, 01:56 PM

What!!! This song too? Its a song for Rajini in Nallavanukku Nallavan, I think. Known for two reasons:

2. Rajini and the heroine are draped with colourful light bulbs. Anthakkalattukkey athu romba too much.

Oh Mr.Rajinikanth Songa :roll:

Yes groucho070 , there was even an article in behindwoods which carried the news that simbu too is wearing light bulbs all over his body for this dance :lol:

This song has been sung by SIMBU himself in the album!!!

groucho070
5th November 2008, 02:46 PM
What!!! This song too? why not? sundar C sings OrampO rukumani vandi varudhu in his next movie. :banghead:

NOV, Orambo was done onscreen by Suthakar...so transition from Suthakar to Sundar C. doesn't look bad.

But an iconic song from Rajini, remade for Simbhu. No further arguments, your honour!.

(Can't the industry people get this whole concept of "remix" right? What they are referring to is either a cover version or a remake, not a remix!!!)

leosimha
5th November 2008, 02:48 PM
hmm...remixes have become a part and parcel of any film today.

A_Ajith
5th November 2008, 02:51 PM
leo ,

thevai illama neengala vaaya kuduthu ajitha ilukadheenga :?

Billa was done totally in Ajith's style!!!

Our Simbu mimics Rajini too often!!!

A_Ajith
5th November 2008, 02:54 PM
Infact Ajith's BILLA became a style statement , simbu is donning a similar get up in SILAMBATTAM :lol: :lol:

It also reflected in MY NAME IS BILLA Song running in background in KAALAI :P

Does he play a dual role in SILAMBATTAM looks like he does :roll:

leosimha
5th November 2008, 02:55 PM
leo ,

thevai illama neengala vaaya kuduthu ajitha ilukadheenga :?

Billa was done totally in Ajith's style!!!

Our Simbu mimics Rajini too often!!!

:oops: illa baa.... yes Ajith did it in his own style no probs about it. but I just wanted to know about his opinion.

yes it is well known that chimbu mimics superstar a lot.

A_Ajith
5th November 2008, 02:57 PM
Leo neenga inga in general about remix pathi pesina digression + out of topic.

So kindly stick on to SIMBU and SILAMBATTAM pls :wink:

sarna_blr
5th November 2008, 03:00 PM
What they are referring to is either a cover version or a remake, not a remix!!!)

I read a joke somewhere

X1 - Copy'kum remix'kum ennada difference ?
X2 - :roll:
X1 - tune'a mattum suttaa adhu Copy, moththa paattayum suttaa adhu Remix :lol:

Jokes apart, actually Remix means, taking the tune and lyrics as it is, and mixing it with new sounds :) imo

groucho070
5th November 2008, 03:05 PM
What they are referring to is either a cover version or a remake, not a remix!!!)

I read a joke somewhere

X1 - Copy'kum remix'kum ennada difference ?
X2 - :roll:
X1 - tune'a mattum suttaa adhu Copy, moththa paattayum suttaa adhu Remix :lol:

Jokes apart, actually Remix means, taking the tune and lyrics as it is, and mixing it with new sounds :) imo

:lol:

Yeah...original vocal, and playing with the mix, with additional sound. I believe ARR did it several time on his own songs. Immediate-ah mind-kku varamattengguthu.

What these wonderfully original and creative and mind burgeoning with artistic eruption composers are doing is (let me take some breath) covering the songs.

They engage new singers, keep the tune or alter it mildly, and add in new music. Some even keep the original music.

What ARR did with Tottaal Poomalarum is a remake. Same lyrics, different tune.

sarna_blr
5th November 2008, 03:12 PM

oru pEttila, ARR adha re-music'nu sonnaaru :) kEkka + paakka romba nallaa irukkum :P

other than this song, Ponmagal vandhaal from ARR is very good :)

groucho070
5th November 2008, 03:17 PM

oru pEttila, ARR adha re-music'nu sonnaaru :) kEkka + paakka romba nallaa irukkum :P

other than this song, Ponmagal vandhaal from ARR is very good :)

Did he? Well, its still fits the description. He retuned it, and added new music. Which is basically a remake. Ponmagal Vanthal is a cover with sampling (original TMS soundbyte) thrown in. Yeah, I liked it too....despite the grouch that it is NTs song and it was used for....oh, never mind. My dad, a staunch Deva supporter, used this song to counter argue our accusation of Deva copying....pathetic argument, but Appaanaala romba argue panna maattoom.

steveaustin
5th November 2008, 03:23 PM

I think it might have been the second time since in NT's DEEPAM, KJJ already done a fast number 'Poovizhi vaasalil yaaradi vandhadhu'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BePtCZrCOLg

groucho070
5th November 2008, 03:27 PM

I think it might have been the second time since in NT's DEEPAM, KJJ already done a fast number 'Poovizhi vaasalil yaaradi vandhadhu'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BePtCZrCOLg

Isn't that P. Jeyachandran?

sarna_blr
5th November 2008, 03:34 PM
I personally feel that Simbu is very talented guy :D and he can push Tamil cinema in forward direction only if he concentrates on story rather than heroines :)

Simbu as an Artist, he can
1. dance well
2. act well
3. deliver dialogue with ease ( eg - nallaa irundhaalaa from manmadhan )
and few more aspects :D

I neither hate nor like Simbhu :P but I like his father TR 8-) ( that is different story )

leosimha
5th November 2008, 03:37 PM
for any person to take tamil cinema forward, one needs to be good at acting or directing. but here chimbu as an actor?

sarna_blr
5th November 2008, 03:38 PM
A small request from me to Simbu , he should avoid stop follwing STAR Rajini and start following ACTOR Rajini who was very famous in 80's 8-)

A_Ajith
5th November 2008, 03:40 PM
There is a difference between these 2 :

Commercial Success Like Rajini

Becoming Rajini himself which is when imitation comes into foray. :lol:

leosimha
5th November 2008, 03:44 PM
chimbu is known as viral (finger)-aati nadigar. (don't read it as english viral). :lol:

sarna_blr
5th November 2008, 03:45 PM
for any person to take tamil cinema forward, one needs to be good at acting or directing. but here chimbu as an actor?

acting'a vittu thallunga,

Direction - he has some stuff in him ( eg - Vallavan - leave story, self-praising dialogues etc ) the way of taking a scene is really good, as i said previously, if he concentrates on story and screenplay, he can shine :P

leosimha
5th November 2008, 03:48 PM

acting'a vittu thallunga,

Direction - he has some stuff in him ( eg - Vallavan - leave story, self-praising dialogues etc ) the way of taking a scene is really good, as i said previously, if he concentrates on story and screenplay, he can shine :P

hmm...so is this movie also being directed by him. and is the story his.

steveaustin
5th November 2008, 03:59 PM
Isn't that P. Jeyachandran?

I had the gramaphone record which says that it is KJJ only.

groucho070
6th November 2008, 07:13 AM
Steveaustin, I am sure its Jeyachandran. Gramaphones can make mistakes too. Can anyone else check on this?

Sarna,

You are right, he should emulate Rajini, the hardworking actor who did something to acting...not emulate Rajini himself.

His dad started out as a good scriptwriter, and good director, then it went downhill from there. That is something Simbhu should avoid. I got your point.

sarna_blr
6th November 2008, 09:16 AM
Steveaustin, I am sure its Jeyachandran. Gramaphones can make mistakes too. Can anyone else check on this?

Sarna,

You are right, he should emulate Rajini, the hardworking actor who did something to acting...not emulate Rajini himself.

His dad started out as a good scriptwriter, and good director, then it went downhill from there. That is something Simbhu should avoid. I got your point.

I think u r the first hubber to get my point correctly :shock:

anyway :ty: GrouchO :D

steveaustin
6th November 2008, 10:34 AM

Groucho,
For your reference the links are here
http://www.geocities.com/rajaecho2/songs2.htm

http://www.freewebs.com/tskthiva/illarajashits.htm

groucho070
6th November 2008, 11:42 AM

Groucho,
For your reference the links are here
http://www.geocities.com/rajaecho2/songs2.htm

http://www.freewebs.com/tskthiva/illarajashits.htm

Steve,

This Jayachandran/Jesudass issue is legendary. People get confused all the time. I was confident Povizhi Vasalil (Deepam) was by Jayachandran until you kuzhapufy me.

Those two links are to the same coolgoose download page. Anyway, thanks because it makes my downloading of other good songs easier.

Now, in this forum, you will find the song listed for Jayachandran...and since others are not around to back me up, you can look it up. Note that nobody corrected the person:
http://tfmpage.com/forum/archives/25363.7226.20:52:50.html

groucho070
6th November 2008, 12:17 PM
Steve,

Sorry mate. I checked with Murali-sar (whom you'd be familiar with if you are familiar with NT thread) and he said it was by KJY.

So, again, apologies. So, you are right, vachikavaa will be second well known fast paced song for KJY (there might be others, but not well-known). Take it easy, mate.

steveaustin
6th November 2008, 12:31 PM
Steve,

Sorry mate. I checked with Murali-sar (whom you'd be familiar with if you are familiar with NT thread) and he said it was by KJY.

So, again, apologies. So, you are right, vachikavaa will be second well known fast paced song for KJY (there might be others, but not well-known). Take it easy, mate.

No problem mate. I have read all the articles by Murali-Sir in NT Thread. What I've to say about it. Each and every one is just simply out of the world. They are the golden ones or even better. No words to describe it. Personally I am not familiar with him.

Regards,

Steve Austin.

groucho070
6th November 2008, 12:50 PM
Steve,

Murali-sar also reminded me of another Rajini/KJY fast paced number - Aagayam Meele (a state of mind readapted by Kamal for Toonggathey Thambi Toongathey, except its not booze effect, but dope).

So, we have lots of stuff for Simbhu/YSR to remix.

Incidentally, that too is an NT film - Naan Vazha Vaippen (why KJY gets fast paced in NT films deserve another study).

A_Ajith
6th November 2008, 01:03 PM
Where is the party a unga ootula party.... Where is the party a namma ootula party...

Enamo Panalaaam....Discovuku pogalam....

Vodkava podalam....Odi aadi aadalam....

Already neram aachu...pubum thaane moodi pochu...

Where is the party...aa unga oootula party... where is the party aa namma ootula party :lol:

steveaustin
6th November 2008, 01:53 PM
Steve,

Murali-sar also reminded me of another Rajini/KJY fast paced number - Aagayam Meele (a state of mind readapted by Kamal for Toonggathey Thambi Toongathey, except its not booze effect, but dope).

So, we have lots of stuff for Simbhu/YSR to remix.

Incidentally, that too is an NT film - Naan Vazha Vaippen (why KJY gets fast paced in NT films deserve another study).
:exactly: It is also a very good fast number by KJY. IMO, this Vechukkava may be called as a remake instead of remix. In recent times, many remixes are terrible. :oops:

IMO, after couple of hearings Machan Machan seems to be a good one. Where's the party will rock all over TN just like E.N.T. Nalam thaana also seems to be on the average side.

VENKIRAJA
6th November 2008, 02:32 PM
Kaalai is a tough movie to beat. Remba kashtam. But I think Simbu can pull it of. All bad words equated to his name. :evil:

sarna_blr
6th November 2008, 02:45 PM
Kaalai is a tough movie to beat. Remba kashtam. But I think Simbu can pull it of. All bad words equated to his name. :evil:

steveaustin
16th November 2008, 05:35 PM
[tscii:16b4a9493a] It's finally happening for Silambarasan!

We thought Silambattam would release for Deepavali. We were disappointed. Then we were told November, but it didn't happen then either. Finally, the official word is that it will release on December 5. Silambarasan's fans have had a patient wait, and we can only hope the film will satisfy all. That is certainly Silambarasan's aim.

Starring along with heroine Sana Khan is also Sneha, who is said to have a very interesting role. Silambarasan himself will be seen in two getups – not a double act but the same character will appear as a street smart city type and an orthodox looking village Brahmin.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/nov-08-02/silambattam-15-11-08.html

[/tscii:16b4a9493a]

steveaustin
18th November 2008, 09:49 PM
டிச*ம்ப*ர் 12ல் சிலம்பாட்டம்

சிம்பு நடித்திருக்கும் சிலம்பாட்டம் டிசம்பர் மாதம் திரைக்கு வருகிறது.

ஒளிப்பதிவாளர் எஸ்.சரவணன் முதல் முறையாக இயக்குனர் அவதாரம் எடுத்திருக்கும் படம் சிலம்பாட்டம். லட்சுமி முவி மேக்கர்ஸ் படத்தை தயா*ரித்துள்ளது. இந்தப் படத்தில் முதல் முறையாக பிராமண இளைஞனாக நடித்துள்ளார் சிம்பு. அக்ரஹாரத்து பெண்ணாக சனாகான் நடித்துள்ளார்.

படத்தின் பிளாஷ்பேக் காட்சியில் சிம்புவுடன் சினேகா நடித்துள்ளார். யுவன் ஷ*ங்கர் ராஜா இசை. ர*ஜினி படத்தில் வரும் வச்சுக்கவா உன்னை மடடும் பாடல் இந்தப் படத்துக்காக **ரீ மிக்ஸ் செய்யப்பட்டுள்ளது.

ஸ்பா*ர்ட் எடிட்டி*ங் செய்யப்பட்ட இப்படம் தீபாவளிக்கு வரும் என எதிர்பார்க்கப்பட்டது. படப்பிடிப்பு முடியாததால் டிசம்பர் மாதம் 12 ஆம் தேதி படத்தை வெளியிட திட்டமிட்டுள்ளனர்.

http://tamil.webdunia.com/entertainment/film/featuresorarticles/0811/17/1081117054_1.htm

steveaustin
18th November 2008, 09:53 PM
Silambattam - Movie trailer

http://www.behindwoods.com/features/tamil-movie-trailers-2/silambattam-17-11-08.html

steveaustin
18th November 2008, 09:58 PM
'Silambattam' to hit screens on December 12

Silambarasan's 'Silambattam' will hit the screens this December. The movie is highly anticipated by Simbu's fans and the good news for them is that the film has been completed and ready to hit the screens.

Starring Simbhu, newcomer Sana Khan and Sneha in pivotal roles, the movie is directed by debutant Saravanan and produced by Lakshmi Movie Makers.

Featuring Simbu as a Brahmin priest, who becomes an angry young man due to various incidents the movie has reportedly come good. Expectations are that it would open big.

Songs by Yuvanshankar are topping the charts already. The remix number 'Vachukava' is a craze among youth. Says Simbhu, 'the movie has enough elements to woo the masses. The story has many unexpected twists and is sure to click'.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/43025.html

Anban
19th November 2008, 12:49 AM
Prabhu in it?

So, how many Simbu fans are there in here. Hallo (echoes)? :lol: :rotfl:

Anban
19th November 2008, 01:10 AM
Silambattam - Movie trailer

http://www.behindwoods.com/features/tamil-movie-trailers-2/silambattam-17-11-08.html VA ellaam venaam pa.. Silambaattam podungappaa..

ajithfederer
19th November 2008, 02:01 AM

Prabhu in it?

So, how many Simbu fans are there in here. Hallo (echoes)? :lol: :rotfl:

Anban
19th November 2008, 02:57 PM
wowwwwwww.. simbu sings with super energy....

vatchukkavaa song starting is super..

steveaustin
19th November 2008, 09:31 PM
Spot editing in 'Silambattam', 'Ellam Avan Seyal'

Two Tamil films, Simbu's 'Silambattam' and 'Ellam Avan Seyal', are going 'spot editing'. The filmmakers say, this technique is being adopted in Indian films for the first time. In 'spot editing' the just-shot portion is edited and sound and light effects added on the spot. The 'edited' portion can be viewed immediately then and there itself.

R.K., who has done significant roles in 'Thoondil', 'Vaazhthugal', etc., turns full time hero in 'Ellam Avan Seyal', directed by Shaji Kailas. RK plays an advocate who is out to protect the law. The film argues that advocates are as responsible for their actions as the police in upholding the rule of law.

Vadivelu plays 'Vandu' Murugan, an advocate, who bails out many criminals with his skills, unaware that the same men would trouble him later.

Source: Filmysouth

Anban
20th November 2008, 02:58 AM
silambaattam album is good..

awesome singing by Illayaraaja..

simbu also rocks..

dinesh13284
21st November 2008, 02:44 PM
Where is the pArty?
Unga vOtla pArty.. :musicsmile:

dell_gt
22nd November 2008, 05:24 PM

simbu also rocks..

sir voice superb... overall the album is nice...

A_Ajith
22nd November 2008, 06:11 PM
Simbu rocks in that Vechukava song remix Wow semma dance and his dress is like old Kamal Haassan disco dance dress :P :P

HonestRaj
25th November 2008, 09:23 AM

simbu also rocks..

sir voice superb... overall the album is nice...

:notworthy: for IR.... just 1 love duet in the album (?) & it is :thumbsup:

MrJudge
25th November 2008, 10:19 AM
:notworthy: for IR.... just 1 love duet in the album (?) & it is :thumbsup:

ithuvE overru for this film. I don't know how IR's voice will suit for Simbu :roll:

OnMyWay
25th November 2008, 07:01 PM
Spot editing in 'Silambattam', 'Ellam Avan Seyal'

Two Tamil films, Simbu's 'Silambattam' and 'Ellam Avan Seyal', are going 'spot editing'. The filmmakers say, this technique is being adopted in Indian films for the first time. In 'spot editing' the just-shot portion is edited and sound and light effects added on the spot. The 'edited' portion can be viewed immediately then and there itself.
Source: Filmysouth

not true
already done in virumandi

selvakumar
28th November 2008, 08:11 PM
முக்குலமும் எக்குலமும் தெக்குதிசை மக்கள் எல்லாம் எப்போதும் என்னோடதான்

Line in a silambattam song. Simbu roma thelivu. Must really appreciate him for his slow indirect moves with a clever study on the environment. First it was, "Kaalai". Now, Silambattam.

Previously, I was surprised when vijay too did in Sivakasi. (all before his plans of entering politics)

ennama environment ah analyse panni, situation ah paarthu adikkuraanga.. :thumbsup:

steveaustin
28th November 2008, 08:23 PM
Selva,
Idhukku per dhaan silambattamaa???

selvakumar
28th November 2008, 08:24 PM
Selva,
Idhukku per dhaan silambattamaa???
Never thought Simbu will quickly understand the south TN base. It is a calculated move indeed.

steveaustin
29th November 2008, 07:34 PM
[tscii:66099a9da7]Dance dance!

As Silambaattam gets ready to hit the screens, Silambarasan dwells on the effort involved.

It’s been quite a while since Simbu has had a release. The launch of Kettavan and the shelving of it, the beginning of Poda Podi and the progress of Silambaattam have all kept him in the media eye, though his last big screen appearance was in Kaalai. But now he’s all geared up for the opening of Silambattam, envisaged as a December release.

“That’s true. My last film was Kaalai. But the problem is I get completely involved in every project I take up. So even with one film at a time my plate seems full,” laughs Simbu, when I catch up with him at four in the evening, the time when his ‘day’ actually begins! Like many young technicians in cinema today, Simbu works through the night and hits the sack at dawn.

The songs are making waves already. That’s nothing new because the Simbu-Yuvan combo has always clicked. ‘Where’s the party tonight?’ is a chartbuster, with FM channels going gaga over it. Simbu has written the lyric for the number. “That’s what I mean! I give my suggestions for the story, write songs, sometimes sing them, sit at the editing table like a technician and give my all to the film in which I’m hero. So I can’t but be a one-film-at-a-time actor,” he explains.

Despite so much effort, how does he feel when his film, Kaalai for instance, receives a lukewarm response? “I knew the result of Kaalai even before it was released. Once you realise the way a film is going, it isn’t difficult to predict what’s in store.”

Does he interfere a lot in the director’s work? “No way! When the maker comes to me with the story I tell him what I feel could be done about it. Once the discussion is over I just follow his instructions on the sets. Silambaattam is a script made with Telugu hero Chiranjeevi in mind. When Saravanan narrated the story, I liked the first half but the second I felt had to be worked on, because it suited a bigger hero and my doing it would be a presumptuous exercise. I told him so and in a week’s time he returned with a fresh second part which I liked. After that it’s been Sarvanan’s call throughout,” says Simbu.

Though Saravanan has proved his calibre as a cinematographer of more than a score of films, Silambaattam will mark his debut as director. “I liked his narration and watched him at work during the first schedule. And as we did spot-editing (Don Max) I knew how things were going. Soon I was convinced that Saravanan has it in him.

“If he had sounded like a cameraman-turned-director whose eye was more on aesthetics than content, I would have hesitated. But Silambaattam has the verve of a Dharani film. I generally look for characters that are a little different from the usual. Subtle and yet standing out!” he says, and quotes his clean-shaven pate in Manmadhan and his buck-toothed look in Vallavan as examples.

Simbu-Yuvan combo

As far as music goes Simbu makes it clear to the maker that he would have a say in it. “I’m very particular because I want the songs to have a big reach and set the stage for the film’s release. And with Yuvan it has worked for me from Manmadhan to Silambaattam.”

But the initial announcement said Dhina would score the music for the film … “Yuvan was initially committed for Kettavan. I’ve sung for Dhina and I know that he has a way with fast paced numbers. But when Kettavan wasn’t happening immediately and I had Yuvan’s dates we decided to have him for Silambaattam.”

What was the need to lift a couple of lines from a number like ‘Nalamdhaana …’ (Thillana Mohanambal) for a fast-paced piece? “It wasn’t planned. When we try out various tunes we just put some words into them at random. We happened to use ‘Nalamdhaana …’ and it eventually got into the song along with a few lines from one of my father’s earlier films…” he smiles and adds: “It isn’t a re-mix. Only a small part of the lyric has been used.”

‘Kanal’ Kannan has choreographed the stunts for this predominantly action film. “Initially as a priest my fights have been conceived very differently. Later the body language and stunts change with the character. I’ve concentrated much more on action this time,” says Simbu.

Sneha, whose role has been kept under wraps to add to the suspense element and Sana Khan play the female leads. Silambaattam is Lakshmi Movie Makers’ 25th film and Simbu’s 11th. Says Simbu: “We’ve toiled at the shooting spot for 140 days, the songs are a sell-out and the film has shaped up well. Surely Silambaatam will not disappoint viewers.” Hopefully, neither will Silambarasan!

http://www.hindu.com/fr/2008/11/28/stories/2008112850520100.htm

[/tscii:66099a9da7]

Sourav
1st December 2008, 02:12 PM
December 5
* Iyantham Padai

December 12
* Bommalattam
* Newtonin 3am Vidhi
* Panchamritam
* Silambattam

December 19
* A Aa E Ee
* Guru En Aalu

December 25
* Thee
* Tiruvannamalai

steveaustin
1st December 2008, 03:16 PM
//Sourav,
Panchamirtham-kku thread open pannalamaa??? Romba easy-aa 25 pages odidum-nu ninaikkiraen.

I can't see you for the past two days in the aegan thread. Enna unga velaiya yoga-vukku koduthitteengalaa??//

steveaustin
2nd December 2008, 01:45 PM
Movies releasing this December

Around a hundred films have been released this year so far. At least nine more films are slated for release this December. Despite heavy rains hampering the final stages of movie production, studios have gone ahead to complete their respective films.

S. J. Suryah's 'Newtonin 3aam Vidhi', 'Panchamirtham' produced by Abhirami Ramanathan, 'Silambaatam' featuring Simbu, 'A AA E EE' starring Navdeep and Monica, 'Thee' with Sundar C and the Arjun starrer 'Thiruvannamalai' directed by Perarasu will be releasing in December.

Silambattam - Dec. 19th

Although a hundred Tamil films have been released so far only six films (Dasavatharam, Anjathe, Santhosh Subramanium, Yaradi Nee Mohini, Saroja and Subramaniapuram) have been successful.

Let's see if the films that are going to release this December can increase the success ratio.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/43343.html

Sourav
2nd December 2008, 01:50 PM
Enna steve... ella thread-layum news items post pannitu irukkeenga? :roll:

steveaustin
2nd December 2008, 01:59 PM
Summa time pass thaan amidst tension at work.

Sourav
4th December 2008, 08:16 AM
[tscii:7cc17c3359]DECEMBER DREAMS GO BUST?
Will cash registers at the box office fall silent this month as many movies are yet to find buyers? CTfinds out
SREEDHAR PILLAI Times News Network

The last few weeks have not been the best for the box office. December is traditionally a good time to release movies in Tamil Nadu. With Christmas and New Year round the corner, the mood is pleasant and it’s generally the time to let one’s hair down and enjoy the season. Abirami Ramanathan,who is all set to release his comedy riot Panchamritam for Christmas, says,“Margazhi is an excellent time to release films as the music and dance festivals begin. Everybody is in a mood to enjoy.”
However, there is evidence to believe that the perception might change this year.
Trade pundits point out that Ilayathalapathy Vijay’s big hit Kathalukku Mariyathai that made him a star and Ajit’s super hit Billa were released in December. At one time in the 90s, stars preferred to release their films prior to Christmas rather than Pongal, although Pongal was the season for big Tamil releases. Releasing the film in December assured them of a solo release and the movies turned out to be hits.
Vishnuvardhan was eager to release his Arya-Trisha starrer Sarwam for Christmas, but unfortunately it had to be postponed as there was a clause in Arya’s agreement with Bala that his Naan Kadavul would be his next release.
It has been announced that nearly a dozen films will be released this month, but it would be a miracle if even half that number make it to the theatres. The only film which is on schedule is AVM’s Aa A, Ee E. The movie’s release has been slotted for December 18.
Says producer AVM Shanmugham, “We have started our publicity campaign and the movie is all set for release this Christmas, the ideal season to release a family entertainer. At the time of the launch of the film itself, we had planned to release it during this season as it is the best time of the year when families go out for movies.”
However, this year, the scene is rather bleak. Heavy rains have left the entire state inundated. Last week, many theatres across the state, including a few in Chennai, cancelled shows due to low occupancy levels in the halls. The terror attack in Mumbai has also left a scar on Chennaiites.
People in the city have many apprehensions. Most wonder if our malls and multiplexes are safe. A prominent multiplex owner says, “It will take a week for our audiences to come back to the theatres and then it will be business as usual. We are expecting a record turnout in December as two big Hindi films, Rab Ne Bane Diya Jodi and Ghajani are also due this month.”Meanwhile, the Tamil film producers and distributors are a worried lot, as some of the films scheduled for this month are yet to find buyers.
The films that are unsold are those in the Rs 5 crore plus bracket. Producers are demanding huge sums from distributors, to cover their costs. According to reliable sources in the industry, films due for release this month are A Aa E Ee, Bommalattam, Iyantham Padai, Guru En Aalu, Silambattam, Thee and Tiruvannamalai. Now, only time will tell the fate of these movies.

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Default/Scripting/ArticleWin.asp?From=Archive&Source=Page&Skin=TOI&BaseHref=TOICH%2F2008%2F12%2F03&ViewMode=HTML&GZ=T&PageLabel=19&EntityId=Ar01901&AppName=1[/tscii:7cc17c3359]

steveaustin
6th December 2008, 09:22 PM
SILAMBATTAM favourite among youngsters.

Yuvan Shankar Raja is quite a busy man these days. He is a busy music composer and a film producer too. His recent music album 'Silambattam' has reportedly become a favorite among youngsters and Simbu has been flooded with accolades.

Source: indiaglitz

singgakutty
9th December 2008, 11:21 AM
so what is the punch dialogue in this movie?

steveaustin
9th December 2008, 11:59 AM
SILAMBATTAM
Theatre-la oduna ivan Simbu....
Theatre-a vittu oduna ivan Sombu....

viraajan
9th December 2008, 12:14 PM
SILAMBATTAM

Yaaru modho flop kodukkarangaradhu mukkiyam illa... :notthatway:
Yaaru continuousa flop kodukkarangaradhu that romba mukkiyam... :evil:
appadi patha nan unna vida pala padi mela 8-) :boo:

singgakutty
9th December 2008, 12:40 PM
SILAMBATTAM

LOL!!! thats very creative

steveaustin
9th December 2008, 12:56 PM

VR :thumbsup:
Silambattam FDFS pola irukku.... :P

viraajan
9th December 2008, 01:16 PM
:ty: Singakutty and Steve :D

Steve,

FDFS ah :shock:

LDLS pappena-ngradhe doubtu... :lol:

If reviews are positive, will d/l and watch. If reviews are raving, will give a try in theatre :?

Sourav
9th December 2008, 01:19 PM
SILAMBATTAM

VR... :bow:
Solli koduthai spelling mistake illama pottuteenga... :thumbsup:

viraajan
9th December 2008, 01:21 PM
SILAMBATTAM

VR... :bow:
Solli koduthai spelling mistake illama pottuteenga... :thumbsup:

indha madiri koovina ungala nambiduvangala? :lol:
ungala pathi ellarukkum theriyum... :lol: :poke:

Sourav
11th December 2008, 09:28 PM
[tscii:08609a65f9]Simbu’s Silambattam is red hot!
By Moviebuzz | Thursday, 11 December , 2008, 09:21

Lakshmi Movie Makers 25th production Silambarasan's Silambattam has suddenly become hot in the market. The film is now confirmed to release worldwide on December 18, as the big Christmas release.

Most of the theatrical rights of the film have gone for very attractive prices. Coimbatore area has gone for a record Rs 1.89 crore, the highest ever paid for a Simbu film.

Similarly Madurai, TK and South Arcot have gone for high prices at a time when the market is down.

The poster designs of the film are attracting the distributors. In the film Simbu plays a temple priest who due to certain circumstances is forced to take law into his hands.

A Mumbai model Sana Khan is being introduced as the film's glamorous heroine. It is cameraman Saravanan's directorial debut film

Silambattam songs of Yuvan Shankar Raja has also hit the bulls eye in the countdown charts. The song Where is the party tonight?... is already a hot favourite.

If the film is promoted a little more aggressively, it has potential to be a hit.

The views expressed in the article are the author's and not of Sify.com.
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14816001[/tscii:08609a65f9]

steveaustin
12th December 2008, 08:39 PM
Christmas treat from Simbu

Silambarasan's much awaited movie Silambattam is set for release this Christmas all over the state.

According tothe reports, this film has sold out for good price in all areas and the pre-release talks are also very positive. Sources say that the Coimbatore area has been solf for a record Rs.1.89 crore, the highest ever paid for a Simbu film.

Mumbai based model Sana Khan is being introduced as the film's glamorous heroine and Sneha Ullal is the other female lead. Cameraman Saravanan makes debut as a director through this film.

The songs set by Yuvan Shankar Raja have already become popular. Simbu hopes high on this film to get back his place again.

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/tamil/exclusive/2008/silambarasan-silambattam-christmas-111208.html

steveaustin
16th December 2008, 08:53 PM
சிலம்பாட்டம்: சிம்புவின் இந்தப் படத்துக்கும் வந்தது வம்பு!

சிலம்பரசன் நடித்துள்ள சிலம்பாட்டம் படத்தை சென்னை நகரில் ரிலீஸ் செய்யக்கூடாது என ஐகோர்ட்டில் மனு தாக்கல் செய்யப்பட்டுள்ளது.

திருச்சியை சேர்ந்த வினியோகஸ்தர் ராமமூர்த்தி என்பவர் ஐகோர்ட்டில் மனு ஒன்றை இன்று தாக்கல் செய்துள்ளார்.

அதில் கூறப்பட்டுள்ளதாவது:

கடந்த 1998 ஆம் ஆண்டு டி. ராஜேந்தர் தயாரித்த மோனிஷா என் மோனலிசா என்ற படத்திற்காக ரூ.59 லட்சம் அவருக்கு கடனாக கொடுத்து குறைந்தபட்ச உத்தரவாதம் என்ற அடிப்படையில் ஒப்பந்தம் ஒன்றை மேற்கொண்டோம்.

அதன்படி 5 ஆண்டுகளுக்கு திருச்சியில் அப்படத்தை திரையிட்டு வருமானத்தை எடுத்து கொள்வதாக ஒப்பந்தத்தில் குறிப்பிட்டிருந்தேன்.

ஆனால் எதிர்பார்த்த அளவு அந்த படம் ஓடவில்லை. 25 லட்சம் மட்டுமே ஈட்டியது. மீதித்தொகையை டி.ராஜேந்தரிடம் கேட்டேன். அவர் தரவில்லை. எனவே ஒப்பந்தத்தை மீறியதாகவும், மீதித் தொகையான 34 லட்சத்து 75 ஆயிரத்தை கேட்டு ஐகோர்ட்டில் மனு தாக்கல் செய்தேன். அது இன்னமும் நிலுவையில் உள்ளது.

இந்நிலையில் சிலம்பரசன் நடித்துள்ள சிலம்பாட்டம் படத்தின் சென்னை உரிமையை டி.ராஜேந்தரின் சிம்பு சினி ஆர்ட்ஸ் வாங்கியுள்ளது. எனக்கு சேர வேண்டிய தொகையை செலுத்தாமல் இப்படத்தை சென்னையில் ரிலீஸ் செய்யக்கூடாது. அதற்கு தடைவிதிக்க வேண்டும், என மனுதாரர் கேட்டுக் கொண்டுள்ளார்.

இந்த மனு நாளை விசாரணைக்கு வருகிறது.

http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/heroes/2008/12/16-silambattam-in-trouble.html

steveaustin
17th December 2008, 07:33 PM
[tscii:5bf098ea5c]Silamabattam goes to court

December 17, 2008

A suit filed against the release of Silambattam in Chennai seems to have dampened the spirits of the film’s unit. It may be noted that Silmbattam is slated to be released on December 18th, 2008. According to the complainant Ramamoorthy, the film should not be released unless his dues are settled. In the complaint it has been stated that he had

financed Rs. 59 lakhs in 1998 to Simbu Cine Arts to facilitate the completion of the film Monisha En Monalisa.

As per the agreement, the amount was to have been settled by giving him the distributorship rights. Unfortunately the film failed to garner profits as expected and the financier could not realize his money. Based on this, Ramamoorthy had filed a plaint stating that his dues must be settled by Simbu Cine Arts before they release Silambattam.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/dec-08-03/silamabattam-17-12-08.html

Sourav,
You have told that SILAMBATTAM FDFS.... Any change in your programme?? :P [/tscii:5bf098ea5c]

steveaustin
17th December 2008, 07:38 PM
[tscii:aca41ef2bf]Silambattam - Expectation Meter

Silambarasan-Sneha-Sana-Saravanan: The Christmas offering

Starring: Silambarasan, Sneha, Sana Khan, Prabhu, Santhanam
Direction: Saravanan
Music: Yuvan Shankar Raja
Production: Lakshmi Movie Makers Limited

We expected it to be around for Deepavali, but the Christmas-New Year time is also a good time for Silambarasan to reclaim lost ground at the box office. The talented actor has not been having the best of times in 2008, but all that could change in the coming week as Silambattam hits theaters, carrying a fair bit of expectations.

The makers have made one thing clear, this thing is a full fledged commercial, so you know what to expect. But, they have not said that this is a no brainer. It will be a full length entertainer where we get to see two Silambarasan’s in different halves of the movie in completely different appearances, one a cool dude and the other a typical traditional priest from Kumbakonam.

Silambattam is the debut directorial venture of popular cameraman Saravanan. He has admitted that the story is not entirely new to Kollywood, but the script has its share of freshness and that will be the advantage of the movie, besides its cast which, one has to admit is quite good for a directorial debut. Apart from Silambarasan, there is Sana Khan paired with the priest and Sneha paired with the more stylish Silambarasan. Sneha will be on screen for the first time after Pandi where she had a bit uncharacteristically scorched screens, it will be interesting to watch if she continues in the same vein here too. Kishore is the bad man while Santhanam and Karunas have teamed up in the laughs department. The touch of experience comes in the form of Prabhu (who has now settled very neatly into the character mode) and the veteran Nedumudi Venu who will appear as Silambarasan’s grandfather. The director has made a special mention of Sana Khan’s rural girl role which he says has come out in a life like manner.

Well, we are coming to the highlight part that we are already familiar with, the music. The Yuvan-Silambarasan team gets it right most of the time and they seem to have done it this time too, having managed to get Ilaiyaraja to lend his voice for one song. The ‘Thamizhnattile’ song is already quite a rage among the youth which augurs well for the movie and with the nimble footsteps of Silambarsan (remember the ‘Dandanaka’ song from Kaalai), they must make the movie stronger..

Camera has been handled by Veyil fame Mathi and so we can expect quality in that department. Despite all these details being revealed about the movie: the Silambarasan two pronged act and the two lead ladies, we are no closer to knowing the plot or the genre of the movie, which is a well guarded secret. All that is being said is that it will be an entertainer from start to finish. We will find out soon at the theaters anyway.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-previews/preview-1/silambattam-16-12-08.html
[/tscii:aca41ef2bf]

getcurry
17th December 2008, 11:21 PM
http://www.kollywoodtoday.com/reviews/review-silambattam/

podaskie
17th December 2008, 11:55 PM
[tscii:009553ae04]Star-casts: Silambarasan, Prabhu, Sana Khan, Sneha, Santhanam, Nirosha and many others.
Banner: Lakshmi Movie Makers
Production: K. Muralidharan
Story, Screenplay, Dialogues and Direction: S. Saravanan

Precisely, few directors and actors make us feel they are worthy getting ennobled as ‘Pudden-headed’ ones. There’re auteurs peaking to churn the best flicks and here we find other filmmakers crafting a tale meant for pie-eyed audiences. We’re sure a film buff may get annoyed getting stuck in a seat watching this flick for 150mins. Perhaps, ‘B’ and ‘C’ centre and ardent fan of Simbhu may sing appraisals of his show.

Indeed, few actors of Kollywood must be given to render a lecture on what’s the difference between a ‘Dance’ and ‘Gymnastics’?

Fine! Let’s not keep it embroiled for this may turn to be an exclusive from a review….

‘Silambattam’ – “It’s a movie that will showcase the best potentials of mine” said Silambarasan and of course, he’s right. But he has to make that is he making films for his sake, his fans or universal audiences? If it’s all about satisfying himself, his family members and diehard fans, better he can get stuck producing a ‘Home Video’.

It’s the most speculative venture of Lakshmi Movie Makers by roping in few actors sans versatility. You’ll enjoy watching Silambattam if you’ve got cognizance left at dustbins. You’ll love it more if you have a great welcome for filthy jokes, obscenity and more of underrated attributes.

Set at the backdrops of Kumbakonam, Vicchu (Silambarasan) is an innocent-chap servicing as temple priest in temple. His grandfather (Nedumudi Venu) doesn’t want his Vicchu to be a brave hero taming down the bullies. In fact, he avoids salt and spicy foods so that such impacts are not created on his senses by the food he consumes. Jaanu (Sana Khan), an orthodox Brahmin but a chatter-box is in love with him… Everything is fine and cool until Vicchu witnesses a handicapped man being charged by hefty hit-men in temple. Vicchu saves the man who is so shocked as well surprised as he sees his face and immediately the news about him reaches Muthuvel (Prabhu), who’s in prison…

So, who’s this Muthuvel? What he has got to do with Vichu? Why Vichu’s grandfather is so keen on letting him be cowardice is all that you see in the latter half.

Silambarasan can better remake some of Hollywood’s best films if he hasn’t got a good theme to gear up with. Being a talented starlet in town, he has been spoiling his career by adapting certain aspects that never suits him. Taming down 15men at a time is something ridiculous and even Tollywood directors have started thinking about good compositions. Well, it’s just his dance that makes us gather our hands for grand applause. Better he can avoid uttering punch dialogues, with sound effects accompanying his gestures…. ‘Please Simbhu… We want something unique and you have that potential… You can make something different’.

Filthy jokes are something that you cannot enjoy it with your family members. Can’t zero down the exact individual brimming up with such factors. Anyways both Director Saravanan and Simbhu are to be blamed.

Sana Khan (The Ninetythara) as she criticized Nayanthara for being a spiritless actress with clichéd performance made us think about a great actress is there in town. And again, she doesn’t fill the screen space with her good performance. Her looks are just as a glamorous white-doll inside showcase… Better to call her ’soulless Barbie-girl’.

Prabhu is the one who solaces with his top-notching performance while Sneha has nothing to do on special quotients. Santhanam spells his best on humor quotients while Karunaas lacks solidity in importance. Kishore is sure to turn as a pakka Telugu villain.

Director Saravanan could’ve kick-started his directorial venture with a gripping script. Mathi’s cinematography is middling and Don Max’s spot editing is quite ‘disturbing’. Yuvan’s background doesn’t exceed your expectations while songs are mediocre on screen.

On the whole, ‘Silambattam’ is a flick that is better to avoid watching if you are lovers of pure cinema. Indeed, it’ an underrated films with inappropriate substances for universal audiences. This is a film that a frontbencher and Simbhu fan will die watching it.

Bottom - Line: Another letdown from Simbhu

Verdict: You’ll regret watching this film.[/tscii:009553ae04]

Sourav
18th December 2008, 06:54 AM
Pochaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?
busssssssssssssssssssssu....
:oops:

directhit
18th December 2008, 06:58 AM
release aayiduchaa :frightened:

Sourav
18th December 2008, 07:01 AM
release aayiduchaa :frightened: hey naan kollywoodtoday.com review paathu sonnennga... :P
But, wil watch the movie atleast for thala scenes... :wink:

ajaybaskar
18th December 2008, 12:36 PM
[tscii:59bbea6fb3]Silambattam– Movie Review

Silambarasan’s Christmas gift is here; so how good is the gift, or is it a gift at all? The answer depends a lot on your preferences and tastes. The director had vouched pre-release that he had made a full length entertainer and he has given everything that he believes towards making one. The intentions are spot on, but as the saying goes ‘small good deeds are better than large good intentions’ and it is the deeds of the director that we are interested in, we don’t doubt his intentions.

Silambattam is about retribution, an oft repeated theme in Tamil cinema and a very regular element of Silambarasan starrers. It is all about the feuds within a family that take on unmanageable proportions and result in death and despair for many. An extended family in a village is leading a happy and united existence. The head of the family is a much loved man in the village and in his last days he leaves a large chunk of his property for the welfare of his villagers. Most of the family is happy to abide by the decision of their godfather, but there are factions that believe that the old man has shown more largesse than is agreeable and decide to oppose it. Push comes to shove and the inevitable sickle takes center stage. As many members of the family are killed, some of them make off with their lives, never to return. But destiny brings back one boy to his roots and when he learns of what has passed, then retribution is the only thing on his mind.

The director has admitted that the plot is not novel. Well, we

don’t expect a path breaker either. The director has handled the story and screenplay and while it cannot be denied that the plot and the script do show signs of promise and potential, the ultimate realization has been found wanting. Somehow, one gets the feeling of an opportunity that has been wasted. The narration is not sound, though it is difficult to put one’s finger on exactly what the weaker points are, lack of application on the director’s part seems to be the culprit here.

Silambarasan has turned in a whole hearted performance. Appearing in two roles for the second time in his career, he makes good use of the scope provided. His role as the villager in the ‘flashback’ mode must be appreciated, especially his combination with Sneha who also has managed to make an impact with a limited role. Their chemistry is surprisingly good, with machan machan song having come out really well. Sana Khan, paired with the present day Silambarasan, has been largely sidelined by the main plot. Then there is the seasoned Prabhu, the able Kishore, the veterans Nedumudi Venu, Nirosha, Yuvarani etc. But in spite of having such a cast at his disposal, the director has failed to make an impact in many scenes. The talent of these artistes cannot be doubted, the fault has to be with way they were utilized. Santhanam and Karunas shoulder the comedy in the flashback and current modes respectively. There are certain lewd and at times unsavory dialogues that have been passed off as comedy, definitely in bad taste. But Karunas salvages pride for the comedy department with interestingly devised comic situations which blend in with the plot.

Highlights of the movie are undoubtedly Silambarasan’s dance skills and the foot tapping tunes. Silambarasan does not disappoint, nor does Yuvan. The Machan Machan song in Ilaiyaraja’s voice is a delight while ‘Where’s the party’ is a typically trendy pub number, thoroughly enjoyable. The action sequences too have been crafted well. But one gets the feeling that director Saravanan has relied too heavily on these elements to carry the weight of the movie, while the execution of a fairly good plot has left a lot to be desired though there are certain scenes (few and far in between) that reflect the director’s ability. Saravanan fails to join the list of cinematographers turned successful directors.
Overall, Silambattam is not a bad product, but it could have been a lot better had it not been for the lackluster handling. At the box office, Silambarasan fans might not feel let down by the content and regular additives, but when it comes down to the others, it’s a bit of touch and go. Saravanan, Silambarasan and the rest of the Silambattam team will have to wait and watch.

Verdict – Silambattam – Nothing special

[/tscii:59bbea6fb3]

ajaybaskar
18th December 2008, 12:40 PM
[tscii:b6507b0ecd]Silambattam - Far from being impressive
IndiaGlitz [Thursday, December 18, 2008]

Expectations were riding high on Silambarasan's 'Silambattam' as the songs made it big even before the movie's release and it was touted to be a racy entertainer laced with action. However, the end product seems to be far from being impressive. With loosely etched characters and incoherent script, a sense of déjà vu prevails as one watches the film. But due credit should be given to actor Silambarasan, who does the job entrusted to him well.

Debutant director S Saravanan has come up with a script, which is about a young man, who has a bad past. The youth turning into an angry young man to avenge the killers of his family is the crux. A young son who acknowledges his bitter past and becoming an avenger is the most primitive storyline ever. This flick is no different and it's one more addition to the formula driven movies in Tamil cinema.

The 25th production of Lakshmi Movie Makers, Silambattam boasts of a huge star cast which includes the likes of Prabhu, Sneha, Nedumudi Venu besides Simbhu. However these characters seem to have added no strength to the script as they are too loosely etched. An out-and-out Simbhu show, the movie features the actor in a dual role – that of a father and son.

Vichu (Silambarasan) is a priest in a temple at Kumbakonam. Brought up by his uncle (Nedumudi Venu), he leads a happy and contended life and for him the temple and the Goddess is everything. Janu (Saana Khan), who lives in the same town, falls for Vichu's innocence. Swaminathan (Santhanam), Venkatesh (Manobala ) and his wife Pattu Mami (Nirosha) admire Vichu a lot. Vichu had a bad past known only to his grand father. Suddenly, in a twist enters Muthuvel (Prabhu). He gets released from jail and gets shocked on seeing Vichu.

Flashback reveals that Vichu is the son of Muthuvel's brother Thamizh (Silambarasan), who falls in love with a Brahmin girl Gayathri (Sneha), daughter of (Nedumudi Venu). Thamizh champions the cause of the village against baddies (Ponvannan, Raghav and Harris). Rathnam bumps off Thamizh's family and eventually Gayathri dies delivering a baby which grows up to become Vichu. Thanks to Prabhu, Vichu comes to know about his past and decides to avenge the killers of his family.

Silambarasan is impressive with a laudable performance. He's good at stunt and dance sequences and looks good on screen. Saana Khan reminds one of Simran, who has etched similar roles in a lot of films.

Santhanam with his double entendre comedy fails to evoke laughter. At many places, it crosses its limits and makes us uncomfortable.

Yuvanshankar has given racy and peppy tunes and songs including 'Where is the Party' and 'Nalamdhana' is a sure to make everyone dance. Stunts by Kanal Kannan deserve applause for its captivating sequence.

On the flip side, the movie reminds us of movies like Arasu, Anniyan etc. Had the director concentrated on screenplay and downplayed the down entendre, the end product could have been good.

[/tscii:b6507b0ecd]

podaskie
18th December 2008, 03:17 PM
watched today fdfs nothing special as the review mentioned but still entertain wth songs....but simbu dialouges and style are over build up...

podaskie
18th December 2008, 03:28 PM
and one more thing simbu openley critics vijay in final scene just like he clashed wth dhanush in kaalai(phone scene) and after that critics lot of vijay fans have walked out of theatre.....

here any simbu fans? why he is doing like this?

Sourav
18th December 2008, 03:38 PM
and one more thing simbu openley critics vijay in final scene just like he clashed wth dhanush in kaalai(phone scene) and after that critics lot of vijay fans have walked out of theatre.....
Neenga varalala? :roll:

Thirumaran
18th December 2008, 03:38 PM

No simbu fans.. Only TR fans..

Wibha and anoop,
please answer him :P

Sourav
18th December 2008, 03:40 PM

Wibha and anoop,
please answer him :PTia is a simbu fan.. :roll:

thilak4life
18th December 2008, 03:41 PM

:yes: :exactly: :cool2:

Thirumaran
18th December 2008, 03:42 PM

Wibha and anoop,
please answer him :PTia is a simbu fan.. :roll:

oh yes :lol2: vanthu answer pannuvaanga :mrgreen:

steveaustin
18th December 2008, 04:04 PM
Sourav,
You have told Silambattam FDFS... Have you seen it or not??? :huh:

Review-s ellam paartha 'Dumeel-u Dumeel-u Dooman Doomangoyya....' pola irukku.

Sourav
18th December 2008, 04:07 PM
Sourav,
You have told Silambattam FDFS... Have you seen it or not??? :huh:

Review-s ellam paartha 'Dumeel-u Dumeel-u Dooman Doomangoyya....' pola irukku.Wil watch it on coming Saturday.. :P

steveaustin
18th December 2008, 04:12 PM
OK. THALA-ya pathi enna solli irukkArnu padam pArthuttu vandhu sollunga.... Appuram nAnum pOi pArkirEn. :P
//Now in office or home???. Evening try to meet you in CC//

Sourav
18th December 2008, 04:15 PM
k....:P
//
Veetla than...:)
//

podaskie
18th December 2008, 04:28 PM
OK. THALA-ya pathi enna solli irukkArnu padam pArthuttu vandhu sollunga.... Appuram nAnum pOi pArkirEn. :P

only back ground music of billa & china thala simbu thats all...

Sourav
18th December 2008, 04:32 PM
only back ground music of billa & china thala simbu thats all... :x enna china, japan-nu kaaamedy panreenga...oray thala...

podaskie
18th December 2008, 05:38 PM
only back ground music of billa & china thala simbu thats all... :x enna china, japan-nu kaaamedy panreenga...oray thala...

some comedy makers in that movie(cant remember its karunas or santhanam) used to say as china thala... :)

podaskie
18th December 2008, 05:38 PM
[tscii:2f7998df90]Silambattam – Dissatisfactory showy spell

Banner: Lakshmi Movie Makers

Production: K. Muralidharan, V. Swaminathan, T.S. Rangarajan

Story, Screenplay, Dialogues and Direction: S. Saravanan

Star-casts: Silambarasan, Prabhu, Sana Khan, Sneha, Santhanam, Nirosha and many others.

Cinematography: Mathi

Editing: Don Max

Art: Prabhakaran

Stunt: Kanal Kannan

Choreography: Tarun, Ashok Rajan, Robert, P. Bhaskar

PRO: Johnson

Indeed, it’s a film seeming to be the sequel to ‘Kaalai’ as the storyline and screenplay carries off with the same traces. Post moderate shows of ‘Vallavan’ and ‘Kaalai’, Simbhu had all his hopes on ‘Silambattam’ that was supposed to be a commercial entertainer. However, after watching the film you are sure to feel that it’s been hell-ridden show.

Smutty jokes, ridiculous stunts, flimsy screenplay and inadequate performance by all except few makes the film fall a line below mediocre. Overall, it’s a great dance by Silambarasan and a peppy glam-show by Sana Khan that grabs the interests of young audiences. But, for sure this isn’t a film to watch along with your family.

Vichu (Silambarasan), a young innocent temple priest is coward by nature as his grandfather (Nedumudi Venu) wants him to be. He takes such an interest that even the food prepared doesn’t contain spicy stuffs as it may affect the sense of anger and frustration in his grandson. However, situations urge Vichu brimming up with new avatar that’s completely contrastive to his nature. Couple of incidents reveals of it so well, where one among them saving a handicapped innocent from clutches of henchmen set on butchering him takes us for a great surprise leading to latter half.

Is Vichu really an innocent? If so, why did the innocent who got saved by Vichu call him ‘Tamizh?’ With these questions we get to watch the second half where it’s revealed that Tamizh (played by Simbhu) is father of Vichu who passed away years ago in a family-community conflict.

Rest of the story is filled with more and more stunts that will get your heads filled with giddiness, nausea as cameras and editing works make you feel so.

Silambarasan delivers a matured performance on certain extent, but it’s so pathetic to see he’s still glued on with imitating styles of Rajnikanth. With his body nature, it’s unbelievable to see him bumping off 20 hefty men at a time. He’s great at dance and showing his token of honor for his favorite star Ajith Kumar, he does makes his fans feel entertained during penultimate sequences.

Sana Khan is just good on skin shows and nothing to appreciate on her performance. She keeps overacting that gets us annoyed at many extents. Her gestures in dance sequences aren’t sensuous, glamorous but vulgar. Especially watch her dancing for the remix version of ‘Vacchikava’.

Prabhu with his clichéd stupendous performance offers delightedness but his portrayal in character role isn’t as powerful as in ‘Thamirabharani’ (where he played similar role of protagonist’s relative). Santhanam and Manobala add to the humor quotient especially in ‘Billa’ sequence while Karunaas sparkles smiles on our lips with his minimal role. Kishore reminds us of Telugu movie villains yelling like King Kong.

Yuvan Shankar Raja’s musical is average in both songs and background score. ‘Where’s the party tonight?” had great expectations, but director and choreographer have failed visualizing it perfectly. Most of the dance steps are so clumsy that doesn’t get us enjoyable.

Mathi’s cinematography is colorful in few sequences while it’s so disturbing in action scenes. It’s an amateurish editing work by Don Max as he keeps playing around with lots of immediate cuts that disturbing our attention.

Debutant Saravanan should have penned a powerful screenplay to get the audiences’ attention aren’t scattered. Moreover, it would have been nice if he had cut unwanted shots. It’s a very lengthy film that makes us yearn for the final credits.

On the whole, Silambattam is a film well-tailored for Simbhu’s fans while elite groups may not opt for this one. B centres and frontbenchers will love watching it.

Verdict: Not worth watching…[/tscii:2f7998df90]

Kalyasi
18th December 2008, 05:42 PM

only back ground music of billa & china thala simbu thats all...

ennathu chinna thala ya? evanum padathukku pogatheenga pa!!

Sourav
18th December 2008, 05:43 PM

some comedy makers in that movie(cant remember its karunas or santhanam) used to say as china thala... :)
Oh...k...both karunas and santhanam in that movie?
Hows the comedy scenes? // i m not asking abt simbu's styles...lol.. /

podaskie
18th December 2008, 05:51 PM

Oh...k...both karunas and santhanam in that movie?
Hows the comedy scenes? // i m not asking abt simbu's styles...lol.. /

nothing special brother just here nd there little bit that's all....but can be watched once for songs & dance...

Sourav
18th December 2008, 05:55 PM
k...:ty:

podaskie
18th December 2008, 09:48 PM
comedy videos of tr

http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=583A2jqmnIw&feature=related

http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=dy4AzEp6YuY&feature=related

http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=MXl4TnnmNrE&feature=related

Sourav
19th December 2008, 06:47 AM
Ajith Watches Simbu's Silambattam

Exclusive News from STARAJITH Team for our visitors

Ajith watched "Silambattam" movie with Simbu, yesterday evening (Dec 18, 2008) at Four Frames Preview Theatre at Nungambakkam, Chennai.

Silambarasan's latest movie "Silambattam" was released on Dec 18, 2008. We know that Simbu is a die hard fan of Ajith and he expresses his respect and affection towards Ajith in his every interview and also through his film scenes.

People still remeber the scene in Manmathan where Simbu shouts "Ultimate Star Ajith Kumar Vaazhga" in a scene which got huge applause from audeince. In Silambattam also, he expresses his affection on Ajith. In "Where Is The Party" song, Ajith's banner is shown. And also in the climax Simbu uses Billa Ajith's costume and Billa Theme Music which is enjoyed by Ajith fans to the core.

After watching the movie, Ajith expressed his best wishes to Simbu for his film's success. Ajith also said that he liked the movie a lot since it has both mass and class elements. Simbu felt very happy on hearing those words from the mouth of his role model.

http://www.starajith.com/media_display.php?id=1032

Kalyasi
19th December 2008, 09:34 AM
Thala being praised in Silambattam Climax

http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=5RqchK07VVw

Climax scene.... Nalla Mass a thaan irukku....
Sourav padatha paathura vendiyathu thaan!!

This is what happens in that scene

Kanal Kannan - Enna da ellarum La La pottu pesareenga
Heroine I guess - Yes la We are coming from Malaysia
Kanal Kannan - Appo KURUVI
Santhanam - kuruvi illa BILLLLLLA (style a niruthi solluvaar) - (then Billa BGM turns on, makkal ellam semma sound, car kathavu therakum and simbhu gets down and stands with his back facing Kanal Kannan and Santhanam)

Kanal Kannan - enna unga thala thirumbatha
Santhanam - Ithu enga Periya Thala oda Chinna Thala (semma whistle athukku)
Kanal Kannan goes towards Simbhu but is stopped by a young kid and that kid utters the dialogue "MALAIYODA MODHU AANA THALAYODA MODHATHA"

Sourav
19th December 2008, 09:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD81Clgmr90

Not able to watch the video from office...
Athukkulla utube-la vanthuducha? :oops:
Paathuruvom....done... :thumbsup:

Nerd
19th December 2008, 09:39 AM

eh... :?

Kalyasi
19th December 2008, 09:42 AM

Not able to watch the video from office...
Athukkulla utube-la vanthuducha? :oops:
Paathuruvom....done... :thumbsup:

scene description mela irukku!!

Sourav
19th December 2008, 09:45 AM

Santhanam - kuruvi illa BILLLLLLA (style a niruthi solluvaar) - (then Billa BGM turns on, makkal ellam semma sound, car kathavu therakum and simbhu gets down and stands with his back facing Kanal Kannan and Santhanam)

Kanal Kannan goes towards Simbhu but is stopped by a young kid and that kid utters the dialogue "MALAIYODA MODHU AANA THALAYODA MODHATHA" K kalyan...paathuduvom..

Santhanam - kuruvi illa BILLLLLLA
Podaskie.... ithai than sonneengala? :?

Sourav
19th December 2008, 09:45 AM
:ty:

Nerd
19th December 2008, 09:48 AM
But andha video link edhukku??

Kalyasi
19th December 2008, 09:59 AM
But andha video link edhukku??

scene a paakarathukku, sourav office la iruken nu sonnaaru illa, athaan scene description ezhuthinen.......

theatre la poi kandippa padatha paapom, paavam padam suthama nallave illayaam..soora mokkayaam.. Simbhu Thala pera use panni irukaan... naanga poi paathalavathu ethavathu collection varum illa :wink: :wink:

Nerd
19th December 2008, 10:02 AM
Link-a konjam check pannunga kalyanji. Adhu yEdhO Reggae song-kku pOgudhu.. naan yEdhO conneksan irukkumnu yosichittu irukken :P

Kalyasi
19th December 2008, 10:10 AM
Link-a konjam check pannunga kalyanji. Adhu yEdhO Reggae song-kku pOgudhu.. naan yEdhO conneksan irukkumnu yosichittu irukken :P

oh remba sorry

sumaal conbeesan

itho link

ThalaNass
19th December 2008, 03:23 PM
Silambattam :banghead: :twisted: :x

Only saving grace was songs, simbhu dance, flashback Simbhu(athayum Sneha vanthu keduthuduchu :evil: ) and ofcourse THALA praising scenes.. Kuruvi illa la, BILLA 8-) :D

mattapadhi mosamana film, but better than vallavan/kaalai..lol

littlemaster1982
19th December 2008, 03:31 PM
theatre la poi kandippa padatha paapom, paavam padam suthama nallave illayaam..soora mokkayaam.. Simbhu Thala pera use panni irukaan... naanga poi paathalavathu ethavathu collection varum illa :wink: :wink:

Simbhu should have been giving management lectures instead of acting in flop films :?

Raikkonen
19th December 2008, 09:01 PM

Kanal Kannan goes towards Simbhu but is stopped by a young kid and that kid utters the dialogue "MALAIYODA MODHU AANA THALAYODA MODHATHA"

:o is this really necessary?
i'm fine with billa stuffs, but that line is ridiculous and needless dig at youknowwho.

villan007
19th December 2008, 09:15 PM
i'm fine with billa stuffs, but that line is ridiculous and needless dig at youknowwho.

ipdi sensation create panni epdiyachi hit pannidalamnu than :lol2:

Raikkonen
19th December 2008, 09:33 PM

ivanungala ethavathu ipdi kelappa vendiyathu..
appuram thala vs mala nu kumudam-le headline...

:lol: semma commedy sir

Kalyasi
19th December 2008, 09:51 PM

ivanungala ethavathu ipdi kelappa vendiyathu..
appuram thala vs mala nu kumudam-le headline...

:lol: semma commedy sir

ippo thaan avangale nanbargal nu solli arikkai ellam vittu irukaanga, ithula chinna pasanga puthusa aarambikaraanga!!

Raikkonen
19th December 2008, 09:58 PM
arva kolaru.

kamalsurya
20th December 2008, 10:07 AM
Simbhu has always been feeding on ajith's popularity...Manmadan and now this one. :roll:

mareen
20th December 2008, 05:03 PM
i watched this yday. Simbhu oda dance looked like excercise. I know he can dance very well but he is got something in him that is forcing him to dance like that, some of them are good but most were like " uhhh what ". The songs picturisation was so awful, the songs were only good when u listen to them.

Billa scenes were good and tamizh character was good other than that no saving grace!!!

Sourav
20th December 2008, 06:36 PM
i'm fine with billa stuffs, but that line is ridiculous and needless dig at youknowwho.Ya...i agree..needless one.

Vivasaayi
20th December 2008, 06:40 PM
It infact creates an unwanted image on ajith.

raja..modhalla rajni..apuram dhanush kalyanathuku apuram ajitha?

Kalyasi
20th December 2008, 07:15 PM

Innum Konja naal la Vijay ku maariduvaar....

Appo avarukku mattum moonu patta per irukum

Little Superstar
Chinna Thala
Pinju Thalabathy..

:rotfl: :rotfl:

mareen
20th December 2008, 07:22 PM

Innum Konja naal la Vijay ku maariduvaar....

Appo avarukku mattum moonu patta per irukum

Little Superstar
Chinna Thala
Pinju Thalabathy..

:rotfl: :rotfl: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sourav
20th December 2008, 07:27 PM
Little Superstar
Chinna Thala
Pinju Thalabathy..

:rotfl: :rotfl:Next kuralarasan vera hero-va varrarunu T.R sollirukkaru....
Simbu pinju thalabathy-na avaroda thambi? :shock: :oops: :rotfl:

Kalyasi
20th December 2008, 08:03 PM
Little Superstar
Chinna Thala
Pinju Thalabathy..

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Simbhu ku antha pera thaan podanum, aana hub la sila nallavargal irukaanga, avangaloda nalam karuthi vittuten!!

Raikkonen
21st December 2008, 12:04 AM
Little Superstar
Chinna Thala
Pinju Thalabathy..

kalai kudumbam mathiri ithu oru kolai kudumbam

A_Ajith
21st December 2008, 12:37 AM
Simbu's dance was terrific watch his dance in NALAMTHAANA:

http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=VaPWQL2ZGXQ

Irrespective of ajith or vijay fan, this is the best dance ive seen in commercial cinema after prabhu deva!!

Terrific in one word Wow!!!!!

mareen
21st December 2008, 01:52 AM

Irrespective of ajith or vijay fan, this is the best dance ive seen in commercial cinema after prabhu deva!!

Terrific in one word Wow!!!!!he should atlest tone down a bit on those excercise!!

viraajan
21st December 2008, 01:34 PM

Simbu thookaran s*mbu :lol:

Praising ajith is all ok, just as he did in manmadhan... why unnecessarily bringing Kuruvi in? :huh:
Remba kozhuppu jaasthi aayiduchu :?

mareen
21st December 2008, 02:30 PM

Simbu thookaran s*mbu :lol:

Praising ajith is all ok, just as he did in manmadhan... why unnecessarily bringing Kuruvi in? :huh:
Remba kozhuppu jaasthi aayiduchu :?it wasnt all that serious, as a Vj fan i didnt get offended by what he said. Just something to make the joke sound good thats all. Btw appdi offen panaum'u sonnalum thappilla, Kuruvi'le malaysia'va 2 mins katinanga. Billa'le 2 hours :D

A_Ajith
21st December 2008, 02:32 PM
mareen simbu's dance is extraordinary he is the best in the industry in dance no doubt about that very agile dancer!

Sourav
21st December 2008, 05:27 PM
Watched silambattam in sangam theater...HOUSEFUL.
movie is okay...way better than kaalai...
good mass masala movie...
songs super...stunt sequences r choreographed very well by kanal kannan....
no oooosss and ssphhhs from audience...
i think it wil be a hit movie for simbhu. :)

A_Ajith
21st December 2008, 06:44 PM
High Quality NALAMTHAANA rocking dance video :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LboFrPZEQKQ

podaskie
21st December 2008, 08:37 PM
mareen simbu's dance is extraordinary he is the best in the industry in dance no doubt about that very agile dancer!

//no one asked about his dance boss//

HonestRaj
21st December 2008, 08:50 PM

:roll:

he is discussing about Simbhu & his Dance.. in Simbhu's thread... :P

// yaravadhu kettathan post pannanumna.. mostly yarume post panna mudiyadhu, koodadhu :)

A_Ajith
21st December 2008, 09:01 PM

Read through previous pages. We have been discussing his dance!!! Of course it is simbu's thread!!! :P

You know KUTTI PISASE steps became a craze, now its silambattam. When someone strains so much on the floor like simb u does in NALAMTHAANA last 1 minute, it should be appreciated :P

cujoo
21st December 2008, 10:50 PM
He is Amazing , especially dance movements.
He may become next Prabudeva

Terrific in one word Wow!!!!!

mareen
22nd December 2008, 01:21 AM
mareen simbu's dance is extraordinary he is the best in the industry in dance no doubt about that very agile dancer!yes we can say he is the best but i was talking more about the Vachukava enna mattum song, its where he does all the push up excercises! Had he opted for a faster movement, it would've been better to watch the songs!

directhit
22nd December 2008, 06:38 AM
He is Amazing , especially dance movements.
He may become next Prabudeva didnt see him in the Vijay tv contest :?

k_vanan
22nd December 2008, 08:05 AM
Watched silambatham. enjoyable movie with super dance by simbhu, songs-YSR :thumbsup: & kanal kannan stunt :2thumbsup: . its mass masala movie. sure HIT.

mareen
22nd December 2008, 04:46 PM

Read through previous pages. We have been discussing his dance!!! Of course it is simbu's thread!!! :P

You know KUTTI PISASE steps became a craze, now its silambattam. When someone strains so much on the floor like simb u does in NALAMTHAANA last 1 minute, it should be appreciated :Pthat jump thing with his back :shock: :shock: how did he pull that one off :shock:

podaskie
22nd December 2008, 07:25 PM
Vijay and Silambattam

December 22, 2008

Silambattam, the recently released film of Silambarasan is slowly warming up and the trade brands the film as a light hearted entertainer. For hero Silambarasan, this film has come after his last release Kaalai which received a lukewarm response from the box office. It has been reported in the media that Silambarasan has arranged for a

many private viewing of his film. First it was for Ajith which was an exclusive show scheduled only for him. Ultimate Star is also reported to have liked Silambattam.

Following this, Silambarasan had arranged for a special show for Ilaya Thalapathy at the four frames theatres and if sources are to be believed, Vijay was much pleased with this entertainer of the little super star. It was said that Vijay liked the song 'Where is the party' very much. Besides these shows, Silambarasan has also arranged exclusive screening of the film for his other friends from the film industry viz. Sakthi, Premji, Jeyam Ravi, Bharath, Jai and Venkat Prabhu. Heroines like Priyamani and Vijayalakshmi were also said to have watched the film and were quite impressed by it.

Cinemarasigan
23rd December 2008, 12:49 AM
Indha maadhiri padangal varuvathu tamil film industry-kku nerndha avamaanam.. i am not even able to see this film for half an hour..

cujoo
23rd December 2008, 07:25 AM
didnt see him in the Vijay tv contest :?

Friend I am from canda and we don't have Vijay TV here, I am talking about Big Screen.
He is the best dancer next to Prabudeva(period)

sarna_blr
23rd December 2008, 09:53 AM
Indha maadhiri padangal varuvathu tamil film industry-kku nerndha avamaanam.. i am not even able to see this film for half an hour..

:lol: idhukkudhaan thiruttu VCD'la ellaam padaththa paakkakkoodaadhungradhu :twisted:

steveaustin
23rd December 2008, 08:58 PM
சிம்புவை பாராட்டிய விஜய்

நடிகர்கள் தங்களுக்குள் முறைத்துக் கொண்டிருந்த காலம் மலையேறிவிட்டது. இப்போதெல்லாம் மாமன் மச்சான்தான். இளம் நடிகர்களில் ஈகோ பார்ப்பவர்கள் யாருமில்லை. அதிலும் சிம்பு ஸ்பெஷல்.

தன்னுடைய சிலம்பாட்டம் படத்தை பார்க்க அ*ஜித்தை அழைத்தவர் அப்படியே விஜயையும் அழைத்து அனைவரையும் ஆச்ச*ரியப்படுத்தினார். சிலம்பாட்டத்தில் அ*ஜித்தை புகழ்வதுபோல் காட்சிகள் இருப்பது குறிப்பிடத்தக்கது.

ஃபோர் பிரேம் திரையரங்கில் படத்தைப் பார்த்த விஜய் சிம்புவை வெகுவாக பாராட்டினார். தலயை தொடர்ந்து தளபதியும் பாராட்டியதால் மகிழ்ச்சியில் இருக்கிறார் சிம்பு.

நியாயமான மகிழ்ச்சிதான்.

Source: webdunia

Sourav
24th December 2008, 07:07 AM
CBO- December 19 to 21
Tuesday, 23 December , 2008, 11:00
Last Updated: Tuesday, 23 December , 2008, 11:03

Simbu's Silambattam has opened in 13 screens across Chennai. In four days of its release according to Simbu Cine Arts, who are distributing the film it has netted a whopping Rs 51 lakhs. Truly amazing for a Simbu film! At number two is the new release Prakash Raj's Abhiyum Naanum good in multiplexes, ok in single screens. At number three is Vaaranam Aayiram, which has taken a beating due to Simbu film, which managed to get big screen at Sathyam, Inox and other multiplexes. But it is holding very well, due to family audiences during weekend. At number four is SRK's rocking Rab Ne Bana De Jodi, which inspite of negative reviews is doing well in multiplexes. And in the fifth place is Arjun-Perarasu's Thiruvannamalai, which has taken very ordinary opening.

Silambattam
Cast: Silambarasan, Sana Khan, Sneha, Kishore, Venu, Santhanam
Director: Saravanan
Pluses-Songs, Simbu's dance and fights
Mnuses- First half, smutty dialogues
BO verdict : Good opening

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14823807&cid=13525926

Sourav
24th December 2008, 07:23 AM
[tscii:ac490a88e8] http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Default/Scripting/ArticleWin.asp?From=Archive&Source=Page&Skin=TOI&BaseHref=TOICH/2008/12/23&PageLabel=26&EntityId=Ar02601&ViewMode=HTML&GZ=T

Specially screened for the stars

Silambarasan aka Simbu is on cloud nine, as his latest Silambattam released last Thursday and has taken a good opening. The trade has declared the film a hit. Says a relieved and happy Simbu, “It is my biggest hit after Manmadhan and I just can’t ask for more! I wanted to get an image of a mass hero with Silambattam and I’m very happy that I’ve achieved it.” After the film’s release, the actor conducted two separate private shows of the film for his industry friends. In the first show, his role model and favourite hero Ajith and wife Shalini were present, along with a host of others. Interestingly, the climax of the film features Simbu in a Billa look and garnered loud praise and claps at the theatres. Other than the sequences, the songs of the film — particularly the hit number, Where is the Party, has been the talk of the town. The very next day, he held another screening at a preview theatre for Ilayathalapathy Vijay and his friends. Both the stars were full of praise for the young actor’s energy and enthusiasm which they thought was evident in the film. We hear that Vijay called Simbu aside and congratulated him on his dancing skills. “Eppadi Ippidiyellam dance panne,” is what he had to tell Simbu. Meanwhile, the Ultimate Star loved every minute of the film and was happy that the Billa look came out well in the climax. [/tscii:ac490a88e8]

steveaustin
24th December 2008, 07:59 PM
[tscii:e2203e0b1c]கும்பிட போன தெய்வத்தை குழாயடியில் பார்த்த சந்தோஷத்தை அடைந்திருக்கிறார் சிலம்பாட்டம் இயக்குனர். கமர்ஷியல் பஞ்சாமிர்தம் என்று சில இயக்குனர்கள் தங்கள் படங்களுக்கு பில்டப் கொடுத்துக் கொண்டிருக்க, சிலம்பாட்டத்தில் நிஜமாகவே கமர்ஷியல் பஞ்சாமிர்தம் கிண்டியிருந்தார் அப்படத்தின் இயக்குனர் சரவணன். தமிழகம் முழுவதும் வெற்றிகரமாக ஓடிக் கொண்டிருக்கிறது படம்.

சிலம்பாட்டத்தை பார்க்க விஜய்க்கு அழைப்பு விடுத்தார் சிம்பு. தனது படங்களில் அஜீத்தின் புகழ் பாடும் வேலையை தொடர்ந்து செய்து வரும் சிம்பு, விஜயை அழைத்ததே பெரிய ஆச்சர்யம். அந்த அழைப்பை உடனே விஜய் ஏற்றுக் கொண்டதும் அதைவிட பெரிய ஆச்சர்யம். ஃபோர் பிரேம்ஸ் தியேட்டரில் சிலம்பாட்டத்தை பார்த்த விஜய், “உங்க ஸ்டைல் நல்லாயிருக்கு” என்று சிம்புவை பாராட்டினாராம். இந்த சந்தர்பத்தில்தான் விஜயிடம் கதை சொல்ல நேரம் வாங்கிவிட்டார் சரவணன்.

Source: Tamilcinema
[/tscii:e2203e0b1c]

steveaustin
24th December 2008, 08:20 PM
சிலம்பாட்டம் திரைவிமர்சனம்

சிம்பு முதல் முறையாக அப்பா மகன் என இரு வேடங்களில் நடித்துள்ளார். படத்தின் முதல் பாதியில் மகன் சிம்புவின் அமைதியான ஆட்டமும், இரண்டாம் பாதியில் அப்பா சிம்புவின் அதிரடி ஆட்டமும்தான் சிலம்பாட்டம்.

எப்போதும் போல ரீமிக்ஸ் பாடல். அதற்கு சிம்புவின் ஆட்டம் (சிலம்பு இல்லாமல்) காமெடி ரொமன்ஸ். அதிரடி ஆக்ஷன் என சிம்புவின் முந்தைய படங்களை ஞாபகபடுத்துகின்றது.

அக்ரஹாரா பெண்ணாக வரும் சானாகான் ஜானு என்ற கதாபாத்திரத்தில் துருதுரு நடிப்பிலும், பாடல் காட்சிகளிலும் மாடர்ன் டிரஸ்களிலும்... சரி இவரும் சிலம்பாட்டம் ஆடியிருக்கிறார்.

காயத்ரி என்கிற கதாபாத்திரத்தில் வரும் சினேகா, தமிழரசனாக வரும் அப்பா சிம்புவை காதலித்து திருமணம் செய்துகொள்கிறார். அமைதியாக வந்து ஒரு பாடலுடன் அமைதியாக செல்கிறார்.

ஆக்ரோஷமாக அறிமுகமாகும் பிரபு முத்துவேல் என்னும் கதாபாத்திரத்தில் எந்த ஆட்டமும் ஆடாமல் சிம்புவுக்கு அண்ணன் ஆட்டத்தை ஆடிவிட்டு இறந்து போகிறார்.

படத்தின் ஆரம்பத்தில் சந்தானம், மனோபாலா, நிரோஷா கூட்டணி செய்யும் காமெடிகள் தியேட்டர்களில் சிரிப்பாட்டம்....

சந்தானம் பேசி சிரிக்க வைத்திருக்கிறார் என்றால், கருணாஸ் பேசாமல் சிரிக்க வைத்திருக்கிறார்....

வச்சிக்கவா... ரீமிக்ஸ் பாடல் மூலம் தாளம் போட வைத்திருக்கிறார் யுவன். மதியின் ஒலிப்பதிவும் கனல் கண்ணனின் சண்டை காட்சிகளும் டான்மேக்ஸ் படத் தொகுப்பும் காட்சிகளை சிலம்பாட்டம் ஆட வைத்திருக்கின்றன.

ஒளிப்பதிவாளராக இருந்து இயக்குநராக உயர்ந்திருக்கிறார் எஸ் சரவணன்......... சிம்புவுக்கு ஏற்ற மசாலா படம் கொடுத்ததில் வெற்றி பெற்றிருக்கிறார்.

பில்லா கெட்டப்பில் வரும் சிம்பு தன்னை சின்ன தலை என்று சொல்லிக் கொண்டு (சிம்புவின் அடுத்த பட்டப் பெயராக இருக்கலாம்.) சிறிய ஆட்டத்தையும் போட்டிருக்கிறார்.

சிம்புவின் சிலம்பாட்டம் சிம்பு ரசிகர்களை மட்டுமல்லாது அஜீத் ரசிகர்களையும் ஆடவைக்கும்.

Source: chennaionline

steveaustin
25th December 2008, 06:45 PM
Today watched Silambattam songs for the first time in TV channels. No word to describe the dance movements of SIMBU. :omg: his body seems to be a elastic one. Wow..... As A_Ajith said, it is simply amazing.... breath taking.... Mind boggling....

Dance seems to be his forte. This is the best ever dance, I have seen in the last few years. I think after Silambattam, Simbu might be the No.1 dancer in the TFI.
Simbu :thumbsup:

Regarding songs, initially I liked only where's the party. But after watching the songs in TV channels, the songs are catching me particularly machAn machAn.

IR - konnuputta.... konnuputta...... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

IR nijAmAvE KonnuputtAru pOnga....

I think it might be a commercially successful musical album for U1. :thumbsup:

directhit
25th December 2008, 07:08 PM
Today watched Silambattam songs for the first time in TV channels. No word to describe the dance movements of SIMBU. :omg: his body seems to be a elastic one. Wow..... As A_Ajith said, it is simply amazing.... breath taking.... Mind boggling....

Dance seems to be his forte. This is the best ever dance, I have seen in the last few years. I think after Silambattam, Simbu might be the No.1 dancer in the TFI.
Simbu :thumbsup: his dance movements are very stylish too always :thumbsup: andha loose penne steps kooda supera irukkum 8-)

Anban
25th December 2008, 08:38 PM
Comedy was really funny. Good dancing.. The fights are boring :) the heroine exposes a lot ;) .. The movie is already a hit.. Its drawing good crowds

Sourav
26th December 2008, 06:55 AM
Comedy was really funny. Good dancing.. The fights are boring :) the heroine exposes a lot ;) .. The movie is already a hit.. Its drawing good crowds.
.. more than 7 fights... :? But, i liked. :)
Ya...Its already a hit...I think it wil be a biggest hit in simbhu's career...It may beat manmadhan's collections.

MrJudge
26th December 2008, 08:59 AM
I think it might be a commercially successful musical album for U1. :thumbsup:

Yes, it has reached more people and Silambattam songs are big hits in all centers. Every review says that songs are big plus for the film. Yuvan :thumbsup:

swathy
26th December 2008, 03:53 PM
ah oohnna fight, yedhukeduthalum pattu, aruvaruppana double meaning comedy .

simbu-sneha rendu perukkum iyer role suthama porundhalai.
Kamlji naamam potta naan pattai poduvennnu pottikku senja madhiri irukku.

kadhailayum perusa soldra madhiri illai. indha english hindi ellam pesi hero asathuradhu anegama 75 aandu tamil cinema varalarla varushathula oru padamnnu vacha kooda 75 padathula vandhi irukkum. yenya koldreenga?

panjamirtham scenai mattum solli simbuvai book panni micha kadhai ellam shooting spotla yeludhineengala director sir.

Anban
26th December 2008, 08:29 PM
Actually my parents walked out of the hall after the first 20 minutes. . :lol:

omega
26th December 2008, 11:16 PM
AV Review....37/100

================================================== ===============அக்கிரஹாரத்து அம்பி - அதிரடித் தம்பி என சிம்புவின் டபுள் ஆட்டம்!

கோயிலில் அர்ச்சகராக இருக்கும் சிம்பு, அம்மாஞ்சி அம்பி. பருப்பு சாதம் சாப்பிடும் அம்பி, ஒரு கட்டத்தில் ரௌடிகளைக் கொத்து பரோட்டா போடும் சூழல் வருகிறது. 'என்னமோமேட் டருப்பா' என யோசிக்கும்போதே, ஜெயிலில் இருந்து ரிலீஸான பிரபு, சிம்புவைத் தேடி வருகிறார். அங்கே விரிகிறது இன்னொரு சிம்புவுக்கான வீர ஃப்ளாஷ்பேக். பங்காளிச் சண்டையில்ஃப்ளாஷ் பேக் முடிவில் சிம்பு உயிரை விடுகிறார். அதிரடி சிம்புவுக்கும் இந்த அம்மாஞ்சி சிம்புவுக்கும் என்ன தொடர்பு என்பதை ரத்தம், சத்தம், ஆபாசம் தெறிக்கச் சொல்லும் ஆட்டம்!

ஐயர் சிம்பு யார் என்பதில் சஸ்பென்ஸ் வளர்த்துக்கொண்டே சென்று, படாரென்று உண்மையை உடைக்கும் இடத்தில் நிமிர்ந்து உட்காரவைக்கிறார் அறிமுக இயக்குநர் சரவணன்.

மகா மெகா மைனஸ்... நெளியவைக்கும் டபுள் மீனிங்... இல்லையில்லை 'சிங்கிள்' மீனிங் ஆபாச ரவுசு. வாயு பகவா னுக்கே வாமிட் வருகிற அளவுக்கு அந்த விஷயத்தை வைத்து நீட்டி முழக்கி காமெடி பண்ணுவது, 'என்ன கொடுமை சரவணன்?' சிம்புவின் ஹீரோயிஸத்தை உலகுக்குக் காட்டியே தீருவோம் என்கிற ஆவேசத்தில் பஞ்சாமிர்த க்ளாஸ், கயிறு டார்ச்சர் என ஓவர் சலம்பல் காட்டுவதில், சிம்பு... அடுத்த எஸ்.ஜே.சூர்யா ஆகிட்டீங்களே... (அவரே திருந்திட்டதாக் கேள்வி!) சந்தானம் அடிக்கிற கூத்தில் 'ஒரு குடும்பம் உள்ளே உட்காரக் கூடாது' என அசைன்மென்ட் வாங்கி வந்த தீவிரவாதி மாதிரி சீறுது 'ச்சீ... ச்சீ' புல்லட்டுகள். ஓபனிங் ஸீனில் சிம்பு பாட்டுப் பாடி மத யானையை கன்ட்ரோல் பண்ணுகிறார்... உங்களை யாரு பாஸூ கன்ட்ரோல் பண்றது?

அம்மாஞ்சி கேரக்டரில் பம்முவதைவிட ஆக்ஷனில் பாய்வது சிம்புவுக்கு செமத்தியாக செட் ஆகிறது. புலி கெட்டப்பில் எதிரிகளை போட்டுப் பொளக்கும்போது நடிப்பில் நல்ல வேகம். ஆனால், இப்படியா ரஜினி மேனரிஸங்களை இமிடேட் செய்வது?

பாவாடை தாவணியில் பம்மி, பாடல்களில் கவர்ச்சிப் பரிகாரம் செய்வதில் சனாகான் ஒரு லேடி சல்மான்கான். ஃப்ளாஷ்பேக்கில் வரும் சினேகாவுக்கும் பெரிதாக நடிக்க வாய்ப்பு இல்லை. கண்களில் வன்மத்தோடு திரியும் கிஷோர் மட்டும் சில ஸீன்களில் ஸ்கோர் செய் கிறார். பிரபுவுடன் சேர்ந்து பொன்வண்ணன், நெடுமுடி வேணு போன்ற பல பிரமாதமான ஆர்ட்டிஸ்ட்களும் பேருக்கு ஊருக்குள் உலா வருகிறார்கள்.

சில காட்சிகளில் வந்தாலும் கருணாஸ், அப்ளாஸ். மைண்ட் வாய்ஸில் தான் பேச நினைப்பதை மற்றவர்கள் பேசிவிடுவதை நினைத்து புலம்பித் தவிக்கும் அவர் கேரக்டர் நல்ல டைரக்டர் டச்.

படத்தின் பிரமாத ப்ளஸ்கள் யுவன் - மதி. யுவனின் இளமைத் துள்ளலில் அத்தனை பாடல்களும் அசத்தல் ஸ்பெஷல். ஆக்ஷன் படத்துக்கான வேகமும் அழகுமாக மாய்ந்து மாய்ந்து உழைத்திருக்கிறது மதியின் கேமரா. ஆனால், எதிர்பார்ப்பைக் கிளப்பி, தமிழ்நாடே ஆடித் தீர்க்கும் 'பார்ட்டி' பாடலைக் காட்சிப்படுத்தியதில் சொதப்பிவிட்டார்கள்.

மொத்தமாக சிலம்பாட்டத்தில் கம்பும் வம்பும்தான் அதிகம்!

- விகடன் விமர்சனக் குழு
================================================== =====================================

Sourav
27th December 2008, 07:50 AM
ஓபனிங் ஸீனில் சிம்பு பாட்டுப் பாடி மத யானையை கன்ட்ரோல் பண்ணுகிறார்... உங்களை யாரு பாஸூ கன்ட்ரோல் பண்றது?
:rotfl:

steveaustin
27th December 2008, 05:31 PM
சம்பளத்தை ஏற்றிய ஹீரோ அடுத்த படம் 12 கோடியில்தானாம்!

சிலம்பாட்டம் சில ஏரியாக்களில் டல்லடித்தாலும் பல ஏரியாக்களில் விர்ர்ர்ர்...! உற்சாகத்தில் சம்பளத்தை ஏற்றிவிட்டாராம் சிம்பு. முன்பெல்லாம் இரண்டரை கோடி பணமாகவும், சென்னை ஏரியாவின் விநியோக உரிமையையும் பெற்றுக் கொண்டிருந்தவர், இப்போது நான்கரை கோடி பணமாகவும், சென்னை விநியோக உரிமையையும் கேட்கிறாராம். (பிளாக் மணியும் இதில் அடக்கம் என்பது ஆறுதல்)

ஆனை ஐந்தடி தாண்டினால், ஆடு இரண்டடி தாண்டாதா என்ன? சிலம்பாட்டம் இயக்குனர் சரவணனும் தனது சம்பளத்தை ஒரு கோடியாக்கிவிட்டாராம். நாங்கள் இருவரும் சேர்ந்து ரிப்பீட்டுக்கு ரெடியாக இருக்கிறோம். தயாரிப்பாளர் ரெடியா? என்று ஒலிபெருக்கி வைக்காத குறையாக அறிவித்திருக்கும் இவர்கள், பனிரெண்டு கோடி பட்ஜெட்டில் ஒரு சப்ஜெக்டை ரெடியாக வைத்திருக்கிறார்களாம்.

கொஞ்சம் கீழே இறங்கி வந்தால் பூஜை போட்டுடலாம் என்கிறார்கள் சிலர். ஆனால், 12 க்கு பைசா குறைய மாட்டோம் என்கிறாராம் சரவணன்! இன்டஸ்ரிடியை பிரிச்சு மேஞ்சுருவாங்க போலிருக்கு...

http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/Hotnews/2008/december/261208.asp

MrJudge
27th December 2008, 06:04 PM
சம்பளத்தை ஏற்றிய ஹீரோ அடுத்த படம் 12 கோடியில்தானாம்!

சிலம்பாட்டம் சில ஏரியாக்களில் டல்லடித்தாலும் பல ஏரியாக்களில் விர்ர்ர்ர்...! உற்சாகத்தில் சம்பளத்தை ஏற்றிவிட்டாராம் சிம்பு. முன்பெல்லாம் இரண்டரை கோடி பணமாகவும், சென்னை ஏரியாவின் விநியோக உரிமையையும் பெற்றுக் கொண்டிருந்தவர், இப்போது நான்கரை கோடி பணமாகவும், சென்னை விநியோக உரிமையையும் கேட்கிறாராம். (பிளாக் மணியும் இதில் அடக்கம் என்பது ஆறுதல்)

ஆனை ஐந்தடி தாண்டினால், ஆடு இரண்டடி தாண்டாதா என்ன? சிலம்பாட்டம் இயக்குனர் சரவணனும் தனது சம்பளத்தை ஒரு கோடியாக்கிவிட்டாராம். நாங்கள் இருவரும் சேர்ந்து ரிப்பீட்டுக்கு ரெடியாக இருக்கிறோம். தயாரிப்பாளர் ரெடியா? என்று ஒலிபெருக்கி வைக்காத குறையாக அறிவித்திருக்கும் இவர்கள், பனிரெண்டு கோடி பட்ஜெட்டில் ஒரு சப்ஜெக்டை ரெடியாக வைத்திருக்கிறார்களாம்.

கொஞ்சம் கீழே இறங்கி வந்தால் பூஜை போட்டுடலாம் என்கிறார்கள் சிலர். ஆனால், 12 க்கு பைசா குறைய மாட்டோம் என்கிறாராம் சரவணன்! இன்டஸ்ரிடியை பிரிச்சு மேஞ்சுருவாங்க போலிருக்கு...

http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/Hotnews/2008/december/261208.asp

இதுக்கெல்லாம் காரணம் மல்டிப்பலெக்ஸ்-ஆ தான் இருக்கும். இந்த வருட எல்லா குப்பையும் ஹிட்டு தான் அங்க.

steveaustin
27th December 2008, 06:10 PM
இதுக்கெல்லாம் காரணம் மல்டிப்பலெக்ஸ்-ஆ தான் இருக்கும். இந்த வருட எல்லா குப்பையும் ஹிட்டு தான் அங்க.
:exactly: Recently some of the biggest duds (Neither classic nor masala) are receiving raving reviews from audiences.

vasanth2006
27th December 2008, 09:45 PM
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14826150

Says actor Silambarassan; “My Silambattam is a hit. One of the main reasons is Yuvan's music and the hit number-'Where is the party tonight..' We sat on that song for so many days and worked it along with my dance choreographer and there are repeat audiences for that song."

8-)

SoftSword
29th December 2008, 04:32 PM
watched the movie...
could not tolerate the adult jokes... getting too nasty in places...
and dono why the billaa thingie is added...

i liked the gymnastic kinda dance movements... but if he keeps repeating it, it would be awful...

i prefer the father simbu look than the son... and the father simbu and sneha sequence is the one which makes impact...

overall a ok kinda movie...

HonestRaj
29th December 2008, 05:10 PM
ஓபனிங் ஸீனில் சிம்பு பாட்டுப் பாடி மத யானையை கன்ட்ரோல் பண்ணுகிறார்... உங்களை யாரு பாஸூ கன்ட்ரோல் பண்றது?

latest Ramarajan-ah :roll:

My friends thought of watching Hindi Gajini.. when we checked, we found that it was played only for 2 pm show & Silabattam tkts are available (sangam cinemas).... we politely refused :lol:

steveaustin
29th December 2008, 06:39 PM
[tscii:781d84b659]SILAMBATTAM - No.1 at CBO.

Cast: Silambarasan, Sneha, Sana Khan, Prabhu,
Agarwal, Nikitha, Prakash Raj, Jayaram

With a decent opening over the previous weekend, Silambattam seems to be catching up with the audience for the lack of other competitors during the festive season. As for the movie itself, it’s best left unsaid.

Trade Talk:
Silambattam is cashing in on the holiday season and hence trade has no reason to complain.

Public Talk:
Nothing in particular, except for the ‘Where is the party’ song.

No. Weeks Completed: 1
No. Shows in Chennai over this weekend: 168
Average Theatre Occupancy over this weekend: 75 %
Collection over this weekend in Chennai: Rs. 34,82,139
Total collections in Chennai: Rs. 1.50 Crore

Verdict: Good opening

Where's the party? Yuvan vootula party..... :P

A_Ajith,
Could you change the thread title to Little Superstar SIMBU and Partyman YUVAN's silambattam. [/tscii:781d84b659]

A_Ajith
30th December 2008, 02:12 AM

Coz he is a self proclaimed die hard fan of Thala

SoftSword
30th December 2008, 12:01 PM

:shock: since when???

omega
30th December 2008, 05:28 PM

Jimple --> Since Thanusu-Aisu kannaalam

SoftSword
30th December 2008, 05:48 PM

Jimple --> Since Thanusu-Aisu kannaalam

oh okies :)

VENKIRAJA
30th December 2008, 09:34 PM
Even in Where is the party song, you can see an Attagasam Ajith cut out in one scene! :yes:

HonestRaj
1st January 2009, 09:39 PM
Even in Where is the party song, you can see an Attagasam Ajith cut out in one scene! :yes:

Party song backdrop kevalama irukku... IMO

vechukkava is :cool:

Sanguine Sridhar
4th January 2009, 05:57 PM
Crap, worst movie of the year! :roll:

Jimbu can join Indian gymnastics team, Olympics-la thangam urudhi! :thumbsup:

MrJudge
4th January 2009, 11:04 PM
Watched it for Yuvan.

Only two positives

* Music - Yuvan summa 'pirichchu menjirrakAn'. Songs and BGM ellAm summA pattaya kelapputhu.

* Camera - Mathi has done a fantastic job through his lens

Overall another Hari type film, but this is for youngsters and not targeted for family audience.... too many fights :banghead:

If Simbu does another masala crap like this, I like Yuvan to score again for him and not to miss it.

steveaustin
6th January 2009, 09:22 PM
SILAMBATTAM - No.1 at CBO

Cast: Silambarasan, Sneha, Sana Khan, Prabhu,
Agarwal, Nikitha, Prakash Raj, Jayaram

In the absence of any competitors, Silambattam, with Silambarasan in dual role, released late last year is holding on to the charts.

Trade Talk:
Silambattam is comfortably placed in the collection charts atleast for another couple of weeks since no sight of another promising release is pending in the near future.

Public Talk:
Still 'where is the party'. If only there was anything else to discuss!

No. Weeks Completed: 2
No. Shows in Chennai over this weekend: 156
Average Theatre Occupancy over this weekend: 65 %
Collection over this weekend in Chennai: Rs. 28,38,411
Total collections in Chennai: Rs. 2.09 Crore

Verdict: Average

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-slide-shows/movie-3/top-ten-movies/tamil-cinema-topten-movie-silambattam.html

steveaustin
13th January 2009, 11:35 AM
[tscii:77fbfa47c6]SILAMBATTAM - No.1 at CBO

Release of Silabmattam in the interim sluggish period between Diwali and Pongal has favored the movie. Although not different from any other Silambarasan movies, the Sneha – Sana Khan starrer has managed to keep its head above water.

Trade Talk:
The movie has settled into the average league and analysts predict no harm for the investment.

Public Talk:
None, distinctively!

No. Weeks Completed: 3
No. Shows in Chennai over this weekend: 131
Average Theatre Occupancy over this weekend: 60 %
Collection over this weekend in Chennai: Rs. 21,20,301
Total collections in Chennai: Rs. 2.60 Crore

Verdict: Average

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-slide-shows/movie-3/top-ten-movies/tamil-cinema-topten-movie-silambattam.html[/tscii:77fbfa47c6]

Anban
15th January 2009, 04:05 AM
like to be simple in life and sum one extrodinary on screen.....and the big question is why am i in all my hate sites ?... its to knw if there is ne thin wrong in my side i can correct my mistake and the other stuffs which can be ignored.....hmmmm joinin and readin the hate comunnities kind of hurts but its ok iv started lovin people who hate me also ........ v r all human..... who knws how long v all r gona b alive ? ... life is very short.... lets love people instead of hating them for stupid reasons .........LUV U ALL..... and pls do forgive me if im not able to reply for all the scraps im tryin my best thank u ... take care guys have fun.... god bless u alll ....CYA... n ppl my freinds r full. i cannot accept ur friend req. nymore. wait for 2nd profile of SiMbU!! till thn b patient :-) and dont create fake 1z

http://www.orkut.co.in/Main#Profile.aspx?uid=4289208229131143326

simbu in orkut

mareen
15th January 2009, 04:38 AM
thats nice of him. dont know if thats him or his representative :D

Anban
15th January 2009, 04:40 AM
thats nice of him. dont know if thats him or his representative :D its him .. vj fans are flooding his scrapbook with abuses ... :lol:

m_23_bayarea
15th January 2009, 05:06 AM
He seems to be a member of Crazy Ajith fans, but also in different Vijay hate fans! Dint know he "hated" Vijay! Seems very friendly in events and all that. Doesn't he proclaim himself of somebody who's as honest and open always? :roll:

jaiganes
15th January 2009, 05:23 AM
What the he..
This guy needs psychiatric attention before his cerebrum becomes totally wasted.
probably his problems are genetic. We need to go back atleast two generations back to do a proper analysis - the previous generation samples are extremely disheartening..
need to go one generation before. ...

(notes of a psychiatrist after he saw the orkut page...)

Tia
15th January 2009, 05:47 AM
lol thats not his representative..its the original simbu, i know for sure

thats nice of him. dont know if thats him or his representative :D

Tia
15th January 2009, 05:49 AM
yeah bay, he hates vijay..and is such a big fan
dunno why he invited vj for a private showing of silambattam when him and his family hate vj so much....myy gooodooonesss

He seems to be a member of Crazy Ajith fans, but also in different Vijay hate fans! Dint know he "hated" Vijay! Seems very friendly in events and all that. Doesn't he proclaim himself of somebody who's as honest and open always? :roll:

jaaze
16th January 2009, 06:17 PM
To indirectly tell vijay that he supports ajith and not him i guess. but that's very rude of him if that was his intention, to a invited guest.

Tia
17th January 2009, 05:30 AM
actually i think its just so he can get publicity for silambattam...and "attract" vijay fans too, cos its a known fact tht hes a vj hater, and because of that reason itself many people dont watch his movies in the cinemas ( e.g. me...although i think simbu is acceptable )
no wonder silambattam did better than his previous movies....!

To indirectly tell vijay that he supports ajith and not him i guess. but that's very rude of him if that was his intention, to a invited guest.

Anban
21st January 2009, 05:14 PM
silambaattam songs are cool.. i like listening to them.

Simbu is the best(cost efficient too) now in Tamil cinema when it comes to making commerical songs..

MrJudge
21st January 2009, 06:47 PM

Simbu is the best(cost efficient too) now in Tamil cinema when it comes to making commerical songs..

Have seen them on screen? They were really good.....I think the best album and BGM of 2008 for a commercial movie. I hope Simbu works with Yuvan again for his next project.

villan007
21st January 2009, 06:55 PM

Anban
22nd January 2009, 01:25 AM

Have seen them on screen? They were really good.....I think the best album and BGM of 2008 for a commercial movie. I hope Simbu works with Yuvan again for his next project. yea, obviously, i saw the movie in Balaji theatre, Pondy.. Nalamthaana just rockeddd.. others songs were gud too..

Anban
22nd January 2009, 01:26 AM

:rotfl: ithula ennapaa sirippu.. unmaya thaan sonnen..

enakku Vallavan padam kooda konjam pidikkum.. it has some good scenes IMHO..

A_Ajith
22nd January 2009, 02:26 AM
Simbu is the best dancer in Tamil Cinema.