PDA

View Full Version : 'aaranya kaandam' by Thiagarajan Kumararaja

Pages : [1] 2

MrJudge
18th December 2008, 06:34 PM
The movie debuts another new director Thiagarajan Kumararaja and is produced by SPBCharan. The movie is launched today and looks like an action movie:

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/m/Events/aaranya_mola181208/430966.html

viraajan
18th December 2008, 08:10 PM
Yep. Looks like a crime story :shaking:

Still on paper was good :cool2:

MrJudge
18th December 2008, 09:49 PM
Yep. Looks like a crime story :shaking:

Still on paper was good :cool2:

Are you talking about some paper AD? I haven't seen it. The sketch used in the banner at the pooja (from the Indiaglitz site) was really good mimicking the comics.

HonestRaj
19th December 2008, 08:03 AM
yes.. .i saw the ad in dailythanthi.. it reminds me the cover page of crime novels came in 1970's & 80's

Nerd
19th December 2008, 09:55 AM
yes.. .i saw the ad in dailythanthi.. it reminds me the cover page of crime novels came in 1970's & 80's
70s/80s kooda illa.. pattukOttai prabhakar, rajeshkumar etc in the 90s :P
http://www.dailythanthi.com/thanthiepaper/19122008/MDSG252936.jpg

groucho070
19th December 2008, 10:07 AM
Interesting. Doing TFI version of Sin City maybe.

MrJudge
19th December 2008, 10:09 AM
70s/80s kooda illa.. pattukOttai prabhakar, rajeshkumar etc in the 90s :P
http://www.dailythanthi.com/thanthiepaper/19122008/MDSG252936.jpg

Thanks, Nerd. It is cool.

MrJudge
19th December 2008, 11:29 AM
[tscii:4bab7e5a72]SPB Charan’s Aranya Kaandam launched
By Moviebuzz | Thursday, 18 December , 2008, 15:16

Under the Capitol Film Works banner, S P Charan has started his next venture Aranya Kaandam and a puja was held to mark the same at his Kodandapani Studios. Present on the occasion were SP Balasubramaniam, Gangai Amaran and AM Ratnam along with the cast and crew of the film.

The film stars Sampath Raj, Jackie Shroff, Ravi Krishna and newcomer Yasmin. Thiagrajan Kumararaja is the debut director who opens his Kollywood innings with this film. He has done several ad films apart from indulging in some script and dialogue writing for various films. This is a gritty gangster film which has all the masala of a commercial entertainer. Ask them why they chose Jackie Shroff for the movie and Thiagrajan replies, “The role demands it.”

While Sampath Raj plays the role of a gangster called Pasupathy, hero Ravi Krishna claims that his role is very different from what he has done so far. “I was looking for a break away from the Netru Indru Nalai mode and this film gave me that platform. You will see very different heroes in this film,” says he. Thiagarajan adds “Ravi Krishna has been very accommodating to do a multi star film like this. He is a producers’ son and so he understands what the film needs.”

The shooting commences tomorrow. Let’s see what new elements Charan infuses into this film. Going by the posters which have the visual feel of a comic book, the film seems to arouse curiosity alright.[/tscii:4bab7e5a72]

Nerd
19th December 2008, 08:04 PM
Interesting. Doing TFI version of Sin City maybe.
More of pulp fiction I think. The still reminds me of those 90s pulp novels (PP, Suba, Rajeshkumar..)

Tamilan
19th December 2008, 08:36 PM
Looks like a crime novel's cover page

steveaustin
20th January 2009, 07:56 PM
[tscii:6b8b34eb9c]Aaranya Kaandam – Ramayana in the concrete jungle

A press meet of the film Aaranya Kaandam was held today at the Aditya hotel in Chennai. The film is being produced by SPB Charan under his Capital Film Works banner. Aaranya Kaandam first caught the eye a couple of months back with its eye catching stills that were splashed across newspapers. The stills were unique and the first of its kind in a

very long time. The film is being directed by Kumar Raja who had written the story for Pushkar-Gayathri's 2007 hit Oram Po. Aaranya Kaandam will feature Jackie Shroff for the first time in a Tamil film. Ravikrishna, Sampath and Bangalore based model Yasmeen Ponnappa make up the rest of the lead cast.

Speaking at the function, the director said that as indicated by the title, the film has borrowed a share of its plot from a chapter in Ramayana. He also added that Ramayana was such a great epic that any film made would have something to take from it. While the Aaranya Kaandam of the Ramayan was set in the jungle, the film will be set in the concrete jungle of Chennai. The film has been shot extensively in many areas of Chennai city. The director said that not even a single scene is intended to be shot abroad or in scenic locales. The film will have a lot to do with the underworld and gangsters. Jackie Shroff plays a don in the movie and the director said that he had signed the Bollywood actor because of his natural charisma in front of the camera. So, we can expect an out and out action fare.

Jackie Shroff spoke at the function and said that he was glad to get an opportunity to star in Kollywood at last. He had been coming to Chennai for the past 25 years, and only now will he finally act in a Tamil film. It was the director's narration that made him take up the role. He said that it was a privilege to work in an industry that boasted of greats like Ilaiyaraja and A.R. Rahman and that the fact that this film was being produced by S.P. Balasubramaniam's son made it even more special. He added that while shooting for the movie he had noticed the talent in Ravikrishan who combined very well in many scenes with him. He said that a bright future surely awaited the young actor.

40% of the movie has been canned and shooting is progressing as planned. Music for the film is by Yuvan Shankar Raja. K.S. Vinodh Kumar handles the camera.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/jan-09-04/aaranya-kaandam-20-01-09.html[/tscii:6b8b34eb9c]

MrJudge
22nd January 2009, 07:19 PM
The stills look impressive:

http://www.behindwoods.com/hindi-tamil-galleries/aaranya-kaandam/aaranya-kaandam-01.html

HonestRaj
22nd January 2009, 10:28 PM
The stills look impressive:

http://www.behindwoods.com/hindi-tamil-galleries/aaranya-kaandam/aaranya-kaandam-01.html

appadi edhuvum theriyalaye.. :P more over Ravi Krishna :x

littlemaster1982
14th June 2009, 05:03 PM
Article in PFC (http://passionforcinema.com/a-new-chapter-in-tamil-cinema-lets-wait-see/).

A.ANAND
14th June 2009, 06:16 PM
title oru mathiriya irukku!'aaranya kaandama'?illa 'aaranya kondama'? :roll:

Kumarappa
14th June 2009, 07:06 PM

It's "Aaranya Kaandam". Kaandam means chapter. There is one chapter in "Ramayana", called "Aaranya Kaanda" , from which the title has been derived.

A.ANAND
14th June 2009, 07:09 PM

It's "Aaranya Kaandam". Kaandam means chapter. There is one chapter in "Ramayana", called "Aaranya Kaanda" , form which the title has been derived.

thanks kumarappa sir! :D

equanimus
15th June 2009, 06:39 PM
Really looking forward to this film. The rationale obviously being that it's directed by Thyagarajan Kumararaja.

Plum
15th June 2009, 06:41 PM
equa, TK avLO periya thillalangadiya?

P_R
15th June 2009, 06:44 PM
Really looking forward to this film. The rationale obviously being that it's directed by Thyagarajan Kumararaja.
Oh !avvaLavu periya thillAlangadiyA ?

Who ? what ? etc.. please

littlemaster1982
15th June 2009, 06:50 PM
Writer of Orampo.

equanimus
15th June 2009, 06:50 PM
Plum/PR,
This is his maiden venture. My flagging him as the main reason for looking forward to this film is because he wrote the dialogue for 'Oram pO' (and, if I'm not mistaken, wrote some of the "high-philosophy" lyrics too). Some of the lines in that film, you can't make such stuff up! I'm willing to put my money on the man. He understands "pleasure of text." If you know what I mean.

Plum
15th June 2009, 06:52 PM
equa, I know what you mean. nInga sonnA sariyA dhAn irukkum. Me also looking forward now...

P_R
15th June 2009, 06:53 PM
Writer of Orampo.

Oh ok :-)
I too look forward then.

Just reading the PFC link.
Why Jackie Shroff ? There are so many overrated non-actors in TFI itself.

littlemaster1982
15th June 2009, 06:53 PM
Some of the lines in that film, you can't make such stuff up!

Palaapazham :lol: :oops:

equanimus
15th June 2009, 06:54 PM
There are so many overrated non-actors in TFI itself.
Does seem to be one of the chief motifs here, don't you think? No other reason why one would cast Ravi Krishna.

equanimus
15th June 2009, 07:05 PM
Some of the lines in that film, you can't make such stuff up!

Palaapazham :lol: :oops:
Yeah, and it's just a sample. The dialogue is good throughout the film. And let's not forget the profoundly tautological lyrics (sample "கோழி, காலு ரெண்டு கால் / ஆடு, காலு நாலு கால் / போடா, மீனுக்கில்லே கல் / இது தான் மச்சி லைபு"; or "குண்டாக சுட்டாக்க இட்லி / அதையே ரவுண்டாக சுட்டாக்கா ஊத்தப்பம் தோசை"*). He surely has a wacky sense of humour.

* -- Not sure which ones he wrote. I was earlier under the impression that all songs were written by poetter Na. Muthukkumar, which doesn't seem to be the case.

littlemaster1982
15th June 2009, 07:11 PM
Those songs were written by Na.Muthukumar though. Idly line is my favorite (I even had it in my signature) :lol:

TK wrote the theme song only, I think.

equanimus
15th June 2009, 07:13 PM
Those songs were written by Na.Muthukumar though. Idly line is my favorite (I even had it in my signature) :lol:

TK wrote the theme song only, I think.
Oh, ok. Just now, I edited the footnote to add "which doesn't seem to be the case," but it does seem to be the case. appO andha pugazh ellAm poetter Na. MuthukumarukkE sErum.

viraajan
4th February 2010, 10:18 PM
Teaser is out! Check it out!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th20IzRY2r4

:smokesmile:

Dinesh84
4th February 2010, 10:34 PM

looks interesting :D

Aalavanthan
4th February 2010, 10:39 PM
sounds cool.. I like the way the teaser has been put together.. looks like they are thinking of the past before our chennai 28 ambulance driver switches on the radio ...

Jackie- ivvalavu periya moodiyaa nu oodhitaaar.. yeah as Equa said, oram Po had some out of the text dialogues and I hope he brings the context into characters here ..

viraajan
4th February 2010, 10:48 PM
Yeah guys. Teaser looks interesting! Impressed! :D

Camera work is really awesome. The red tint is good :cool: Reminded me of the similar one that we had in Audition movie!

Violin music is supercool! :cool2: I hope that's composed for movie and not just taken from somewhere for Trailer!

Sanjeevi
4th February 2010, 11:13 PM
Wov trailor is spelbinding :D

venkkiram
8th February 2010, 02:59 AM
பட்டைய கிளப்புது ட்ரைய்லர்!! புதுமையாய் இருக்கிறது. படமும் இந்த எதிர்ப்பார்ப்பை பூர்த்தி செய்யணும்னு நினைக்கிறேன்.

HonestRaj
8th February 2010, 08:00 PM
yet another:

violence, rowdyism, rapism etc. etc. kind of film

kudumbathoda yarum theaturukku varathevai illainu mudive pannittanga

but I liked the last part in trailer.. "vaa vaa pakkam vaa" song bit

viraajan
13th February 2010, 02:37 PM
Sampath: Riding a wave (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/regional/news-interviews/Sampath-Riding-a-wave/articleshow/5564951.cms)

Actor Sampath is quite a happy man these days. After all, he has been having back-to-back releases in the past few months!

And what’s more, he’s been getting rave reviews for them as well. “I’m so happy that people appreciate my work,” he says. Sampath is extremely excited about his role in the film Aaranya Kaandam. “The film is keeping me in high spirits. I have a very different role in Aaranya Kaandam and I have a strong feeling that the film will go places. If a list of 100 best films in Tamil cinema is made, I am sure Chennai 600028 and Aaranya Kaandam will find a place in it,” says the actor with confidence.

Let’s hope that our dashing villain’s dream comes true.[tscii:6d43391fcd][/tscii:6d43391fcd]

Guru-V
15th February 2010, 03:59 PM
any info about music release?

viraajan
31st March 2010, 09:51 AM
An interview with SPB Charan on Polimer TV:

SPBCharan said AK is a Tarantino kind of film done in tamil. A few characters running in parallel will intervene and come closer towards the end. But he didn't reveal when he is going to release the movie/audio. He also said "Usually people say that yuvan composes great songs for Simbu or Selva only. But honestly he has given excellent songs for my movies also so far"

viraajan
10th September 2010, 10:54 PM
Movie has been selected for 'South Asian International Film Festival'! :clap:

And, the official trailer is out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBJ_UpyQw_s

:cool: :cool:

Nerd
10th September 2010, 11:07 PM
Naaiceeee. Rajini pudikkuma Kamal pudikkumaa was hilarious :clap:

Sort of similar to VQC. Kumararaja playing a major role in VQC also I assume. Very much looking forward.

vithagan
10th September 2010, 11:22 PM
Very different Trailer :thumbsup:

Sanjeevi
10th September 2010, 11:33 PM
Somehow I didn't like trailer but I console myself, these dialogues will not be in this film (am i right?).

Padam serious padama illa hilarious padam. :confused2:

kid-glove
11th September 2010, 02:35 AM
It seems to be mostly laid back with bouts of violence. Perhaps something of a dark comedy? I don't know. Of course, this lack of genre specificity has made SPB Charan to liken it to QT's films..

jaiganes
11th September 2010, 02:38 AM
It seems to be mostly laid back with bouts of violence. Perhaps something of a dark comedy? I don't know. Of course, this lack of genre specificity has made SPB Charan to liken it to QT's films..

I think he refers to the parallel threads knotting up in a wild way. I get more of a Guy Ritchie feel to this one. Rockin Rolla comes to my mind.

kid-glove
11th September 2010, 02:44 AM
Yeah, that's (multiple threads and QT) a given! Yes, I sense Ritchie influence here as well as in VQC. Better Tarantino/Ritchie than Guillermo Arriaga/Stephen Gaghan! Enough Hollywood reference for the day.

And before Jai brings up Asimov, I'll duck and call it a night ! :)

jaiganes
11th September 2010, 10:08 AM
Yeah, that's (multiple threads and QT) a given! Yes, I sense Ritchie influence here as well as in VQC. Better Tarantino/Ritchie than Guillermo Arriaga/Stephen Gaghan! Enough Hollywood reference for the day.

And before Jai brings up Asimov, I'll duck and call it a night ! :)
talks to the aal kaatti finger: Onakku idhu podhaadhaa?

Vivasaayi
12th September 2010, 10:47 AM

What A Teaser!

viraajan
12th September 2010, 11:08 AM
Somehow I didn't like trailer but I console myself, these dialogues will not be in this film (am i right?).

Padam serious padama illa hilarious padam. :confused2:

Same here. When the first teaser was out, i thought it's a very serious movie with heavy dose of violence. People were referring to Kill Bill and other few movies :roll: The teaser was great.

Now, the movie sounds entirely different :lol:

ennamO pOnga... nalla vandha sari :roll:

viraajan
31st October 2010, 10:14 PM
The Movie has been screened in SIAFF. Here are some of the reviews on Twitter!

On Sunday 31st October 2010, @filmmakernaveen said:

Aranya Kaandam...is a classic. Super Script. Terrific Screenplay. Brilliant Direction. Yuvan Shankar Raja's background theme is a biggest plus. Sampath is as usual fantastic. Ravikrishna does a role of substance. Yasmin ponnappa is a surprise and has done something unusual. Director Thiagaraja Kumararaja is THE man!

Verdict: Must Watch

I am giving it 4.5/5.

Detailed Review soon!

Sudhish Kamath Says:

Loving every bit of Aaranya kaandam. Tarantinoish. Love the dialogues.

Guys, you must watch Aaranya Kaandam. Director thiagaraja kumararaja delivers the Tamil equivalent of Kaminey.

Watched #aaranyakaandam in #saiff #guyritchie type of movie. Defntly recommended

Tamil cinema, heck Indian cinema finds its Innaritu in Thiagarajan Kumararajan's Aranya kandam @SouthAsianFilms Bravo!!! The best so far.

Thiagarajan's film has a music score that adapts everything from balkan to flamenco to classical. A man 2 watch

Nerd
31st October 2010, 10:25 PM
[tscii:e53b055924][/tscii:e53b055924]Yeah great initial reviews. From NYTimes (Thanks to k-g's post in Indian films section)

The odd man out is Thiagarajan Kumararaja’s “Anima and Persona,” an existential gangster picture that is the only non-indie in the group. A Tamil film featuring the Bollywood star Jackie Shroff as an aging don, “Anima” is the longest but the most engaging entry in the competition. With his sometimes stately, sometimes punchy visuals, Mr. Kumararaja knows how to tell a story, and he adroitly keeps a number of narrative balls in the air.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/22/movies/22festival.html?_r=1

:clap: :thumbsup: :bow:

littlemaster1982
31st October 2010, 10:35 PM
Woww, when is this releasing here?

viraajan
31st October 2010, 10:46 PM
December they said. But i think this is a 2011 release :roll:

Sanjeevi
1st November 2010, 12:10 AM
wov first trailor-la kavarnthathu unmaiyilEyE 'oru paanai sOtrukku oru soru patham' mathirithanA waiting for this movie :cool2:

Sanjeevi
1st November 2010, 12:11 AM
padathula vera songs illaiyam :2thumbsup:

Nerd
1st November 2010, 06:46 PM
An old interview with TKR. For those who have not read it.
http://passionforcinema.com/a-new-chapter-in-tamil-cinema-lets-wait-see/

He wrote a character keeping Ravi Krishna in his mind :shock: :shock:

viraajan
1st November 2010, 09:00 PM
SouthAsianFilms says:

due to popular demand we will be screening Anima and Persona!!!!!

:2thumbsup:

viraajan
1st November 2010, 09:02 PM
Review:

I was very impressed with the world premiere of Anima And Persona at the 2010 South Asian International Film Festival, on Saturday, October 30 at the SVA Theater in Manhattan. The film draws from a variety of influences, including classic Kung Fu films, Blaxploitation and certainly Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez. First time director, Thiagarajan Kumararaja, clearly possesses a unique talent, having created a funny, riveting, highly stylized film that translates perfectly, even if you are completely unfamiliar with Tamil (South Indian) culture and their rich film tradition. Read more..... (http://tarahtastes.com/anima-and-persona-the-superb-feature-film-deb)

About Soundtrack:

The soundtrack is also worth noting. In the Q&A after the film, Kumararaja said that he told the composer that when he would "shut up", that was when the music should speak, and vice versa. In short, it worked. By choosing sophisticated music for raw, violent scenes, and making other seemingly divergent choices, he created a palette that forces the viewer to feel more deeply; sometimes, it's for humor, but other times it greatly enhances the dramatic impact. You can get a quick taste of it in the trailer, below.

Miss Kavya
3rd November 2010, 06:24 PM
RARE HONOUR FOR AARANYA KAANDAM

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/nov-10-01/aaranya-kaandam-sampath-03-11-10.html

Aaranyakandam has been adjudged the Grand Jury Best Movie at the 7th South Asian Film Festival held recently.

This film was directed by newbie Thiagarajan Kumararaja and was produced by SP Charan of Capital Film Works. Ravi Krishna, Sampath and Jackie Sheroff play important roles in this movie. Music for Aaranyakandam was scored by Yuvan Shankar Raja.

Nerd
3rd November 2010, 06:35 PM
RARE HONOUR FOR AARANYA KAANDAM

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/nov-10-01/aaranya-kaandam-sampath-03-11-10.html

Aaranyakandam has been adjudged the Grand Jury Best Movie at the 7th South Asian Film Festival held recently.

This film was directed by newbie Thiagarajan Kumararaja and was produced by SP Charan of Capital Film Works. Ravi Krishna, Sampath and Jackie Sheroff play important roles in this movie. Music for Aaranyakandam was scored by Yuvan Shankar Raja.
Wow. Way to go Kumararajar saar. Cant wait to watch it :clap:

kid-glove
3rd November 2010, 06:37 PM
My guess is that the film would use other soundtrack for ambiance, apart from Yuvan's BGM.

Miss Kavya
7th November 2010, 07:24 PM
'Aaranya Kandam' trailer impressive! The trailer of 'Aaranya Kandam' is making waves on the internet.

http://www.filmydum.com/top-stories/2519/aaranya-kandam-trailer-impressive

The movie, penned and directed by debutant Thiagarajan Kumararaja, stars Jackie Shroff, Ravi Krishna, Sampath Raj and debutante Yasmin Ponnappa in lead roles. SPB Charan produces the movie and Yuvan Shankar Raja scores the tunes.

One of the latest converts is actor Siddharth. He tweeted on Friday: "have you guys seen the theatrical trailer of kumar raja's "Aaranya kandam" (tamil)? it is the best thing i have seen in a looong time. WOW!"

The power-packed trailer showcases some violent action scenes involving the lead actors. The film was premiered on October 30 at the South Asian International Film Festival, and it bagged the Grand Jury Award for Best Film. 'Aaranya Kandam' is all set for a theatrical release in December 2010.

Sanjeevi
9th November 2010, 06:36 PM
AK (ANIMA AND PERSONA) won Jury award (most outstanding feature-length narrative film)

http://www.saiff.org/2010/index.php?p=awards

Vivasaayi
9th November 2010, 10:48 PM
AK (ANIMA AND PERSONA) won Jury award (most outstanding feature-length narrative film)

http://www.saiff.org/2010/index.php?p=awards

wow!!!... first day ticket book pannia vendiyadhuthaan...whats the release date?

viraajan
24th December 2010, 09:48 AM
http://www.dailythanthi.com/thanthiepaper/24122010/MDSG423829-M.jpg

:victory:

Vivasaayi
24th December 2010, 10:01 AM
Great!

Viraivilnaa.. around pongal time releasea?

VENKIRAJA
24th December 2010, 12:03 PM
http://www.dailythanthi.com/thanthiepaper/24122010/MDSG423829-M.jpg

:victory:

Sin City range-ku irukku.. espetting 8-)
Been a fan of his lyrics in Va 1/4 cutting.. ;)

Nerd
14th January 2011, 08:07 PM
Pongal releases, two steps back please:
http://dailythanthi.com/thanthiepaper/1412011/MDSG425724-M.jpg

Nerd
19th January 2011, 02:32 AM
Tamil Tarantino. Precisely why I am expecting this film :-) :-)
http://tarahtastes.com/anima-and-persona-the-superb-feature-film-deb

RC
19th January 2011, 04:34 AM
aadukallan padaththulayum Rooster fight-u idhulaiyum Rooster fight-aa?

Subbu2010
22nd January 2011, 07:54 PM
dis movie released dis friday or not?? i saw review but nor sure... :roll:

directhit
23rd January 2011, 12:13 AM
from twitter via SudhishKamath - Censors think adults cannot handle profanity in a film, asks for 52 cuts in Aaranya Kaandam incl. scene deletions.

:banghead:

directhit
23rd January 2011, 12:20 AM
Have seen it, there's nothing vulgar in Aaranya Kaandam. Fantastic neo-noir ensemble with stylized violence & delicious profanity. 8.5/10

Karthi thamanna iduppa kilradhellaam vitruvainga censor la

Nerd
23rd January 2011, 01:09 AM
OMFG :banghead:

Nerd
23rd January 2011, 01:36 AM
A friend of mine who saw the film in the NJ screening would not stop raving about it. He said there is a nude scene involving Jackie Shroff may be that's the scene they are talking about?!

ajithfederer
23rd January 2011, 01:43 AM
Ippadiyae ella directorsum mudivu panna evvalavu nalla irukkum :noteeth:

yet another:

violence, rowdyism, rapism etc. etc. kind of film

kudumbathoda yarum theaturukku varathevai illainu mudive pannittangabut I liked the last part in trailer.. "vaa vaa pakkam vaa" song bit

SoftSword
24th January 2011, 08:33 PM
aaranya condom'nu peru pathapove litea doubt anen :)

so is it released or not?

gurusaravanan
25th January 2011, 07:52 PM
Censor Borad butchered Aaranya Kaandam !!!
The internationally-acclaimed Tamil film Aaranya Kaandam has been butchered by the Regional Censors in Chennai and passed with an 'A' certificate.

Recently, the film won the Grand Jury Award for Best Film at the prestigious South Asian International Film Festival in New York and was slated for a theatrical release in February. The film, produced by S P Charan and directed by debutant Thiagarajan Kumararaja, stars Jackie Shroff, Ravi Krishna, Sampath Raj and debutante Yasmin Ponnappa in lead roles. With a spellbinding background score by Yuvan Shankar Raja, the film is a gangster story set in Royapuram area of Chennai.

As per sources, the censors have demanded more than two dozen cuts, including voice muting, on the ground of profanity, showing drug abuse and violence in the climax. When CT spoke exclusively to S P Charan, the peeved producer says, "A film that has been appreciated and lauded by international audiences and won a major award has been badly treated by the regional censors in Chennai. They insisted on too many cuts and then slapped an 'A' certificate. I'm ready to take the 'A' certificate without cuts, as I have made the film for a mature audience and not for children !!! "

Those who have seen the film say it is pathbreaking and a realistic depiction of the drug mafia in Chennai. Says a filmmaker who has seen Aaranya Kaandam, "It is the best film that has emerged out of Kollywood in a long, long time. The film is a dark gangster drama, based on the drug trade. Yes, characters do burst into profanity and there is some blood and gore. But what about the many Madurai films which the same censor board has passed? Why is it that they are cracking down on this film, when recently the same censor board, sitting in Mumbai, passed No One Killed Jessica that had a lot of profanity and swear words. Raktha Charithra had a lot of blood and gore too. Some time ago, Dev D had an entire song on drug abuse too !!! "
A visibly agitated Charan is not willing to take the 'A' certificate with cuts as it will mar the flow and narration of the film. Charan signs off by saying, "Aaranya Kaandam has won a major international award, and deserves something better as all of us made the film for TN audiences. I will take the film to the Tribunal in Delhi, and explain my viewpoint. For God's sake, let us have a uniform censor rule!"

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/regional/news-interviews/Censor-Borad-butchered-Aaranya-Kaandam/articleshow/7360204.cms

Nerd
25th January 2011, 07:57 PM
I'm ready to take the 'A' certificate without cuts, as I have made the film for a mature audience and not for children !!! "

AbsoFlutely. Morons :hammer:

Mukzi
25th January 2011, 09:36 PM
when i read thiagragan..i thought..it was simbhu dad padam!!1

sathya_1979
25th January 2011, 09:42 PM
alloV kudumbathula kuzhappam seiyyaadheenga! adhu T.Rajendar :)

Mukzi
25th January 2011, 10:12 PM

hahahhahahah....both initials are T.R...thats is why this big confusion

SoftSword
25th January 2011, 10:21 PM

sathya pm :roll:

gurusaravanan
26th January 2011, 03:09 PM
AARANYA kandam is almost getting ready for release. Barring the censor issues..spb charan tweets

kid-glove
26th January 2011, 03:54 PM
SPB Charan :clap: for producing and standing by the film.

SoftSword
26th January 2011, 04:03 PM
apdi enna periya appatakkar kadhai.. ivlo appreciations viludhu hubbers kitta...

kid, pls explain :)

Vivasaayi
26th January 2011, 04:10 PM
Censor Borad butchered Aaranya Kaandam !!!

WTF!!! Idiots..I think its important for the good film enthusiasts in Cinema industry,especially bigshots, like Kamal haasan to join hands with SPB Charan.

Nerd
26th January 2011, 07:04 PM
apdi enna periya appatakkar kadhai.. ivlo appreciations viludhu hubbers kitta...

kid, pls explain :)
I think you are trying to kalaaichify kid but could not help answering. Trailer-a paatheengalaa illaiyaa? Also read - http://mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=2282424#2282424

It did win the Grand Jury prize also. Its so not a Mani Ratnam film in a festival thingi where they screen the movie in non-competitive section. If you got the money you can even screen T Rajendar films.

SoftSword
26th January 2011, 07:08 PM
trailer patthaen nerd...
but ivlo build up'a padam pthaangumanu dhan...

Nerd
26th January 2011, 07:11 PM
AARANYA kandam is almost getting ready for release. Barring the censor issues..spb charan tweets
http://twitter.com/CharanSripathi
Idhu Charan-aa? Edho fake account maadhiri therigiradhE..

gurusaravanan
26th January 2011, 09:22 PM
Cent percent Confirm saranthan

Dinesh84
27th January 2011, 10:42 AM
http://www.saiff.org/2010/index.php?p=filmdetail&showid=317

gurusaravanan
27th January 2011, 04:33 PM
Censor board gave A certificate with 24 cuts..

SoftSword
27th January 2011, 04:37 PM
he said that he is gonna claim in delhi rite?
shankar'laam hyderabadla censorship vaanginarame boys'ku... andha madhiri edhachum panna vendiyadhu dhane...

Cinemarasigan
27th January 2011, 05:45 PM
Padam bayangara thriller-ah irukkumnu nenaikkaraen.. I think this movie started shooting sometime in 2008..

viraajan
29th January 2011, 08:42 AM
Yuvan tweets:

I'm excited bout aranyakandam you guys will love the BGMs,1st of its kind... So far no one has tried this kinda BGMs in INDIA I can assure that for sure! There's only 10 to 15 BGM bits in da whole movie!! N no songs,we want to release the score aswell will keep you posted on that!... Enjoy guys!!!!

Nerd
29th January 2011, 08:57 AM
Yuvan tweets:

I'm excited bout aranyakandam you guys will love the BGMs,1st of its kind... So far no one has tried this kinda BGMs in INDIA I can assure that for sure! There's only 10 to 15 BGM bits in da whole movie!! N no songs,we want to release the score aswell will keep you posted on that!... Enjoy guys!!!!
:2thumbsup: Yuvar kalakkiruppaar for sure.

Charan(?) tweets - To tribunal we go with AARANYA KANDAM. fight to the finish.

Good luck!

gurusaravanan
29th January 2011, 09:54 AM
Today dinakaran paper says 53 cuts.. Omg

directhit
29th January 2011, 10:08 AM
Yuvan tweets:

:2thumbsup: Yuvar kalakkiruppaar for sure.

Charan(?) tweets - To tribunal we go with AARANYA KANDAM. fight to the finish.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

Siv.S
30th January 2011, 08:53 PM
53 cuts & an A certificate! :sigh2:
We had reported earlier that the internationally acclaimed Tamil film Aaranya Kaandam produced by SPB Charan and directed by debutant Thiagarajan Kumararaja has been "butchered by the censors and given an 'A' certificate."

In an interview to a Tamil paper, Thiagarajan Kumararaja said the "film has been given an 'A' certificate with 53 cuts!"

The 53 cuts itself according to industry veterans must be a new record! The film which was scheduled to release on February 4 has now been postponed.

The producer and the director has decided to take the film to the Tribunal in Delhi.

Aaranya Kaandam won the Grand Jury Award for Best Film at the prestigious South Asian International Film Festival in New York .

The film stars Jackie Shroff, Ravi Krishna, Sampath Raj and debutante Yasmin Ponnappa in lead roles.

With a spellbinding background score by Yuvan Shankar Raja, the film is a gangster story set in Royapuram area of Chennai.

http://www.sify.com/movies/53-cuts-an-a-certificate-news-tamil-lb4mENiadfb.html

Nerd
2nd February 2011, 11:17 PM
Nikhil Murugesan - "Kamal sir Watched Aranya Gandam and he praised the Entire team.."

Rajini eppO? :lol2:

kid-glove
3rd February 2011, 12:48 PM
Mr. Kamal Hasan loves AARANYA KANDAM.

http://twitter.com/CharanSripathi

kid-glove
3rd February 2011, 06:11 PM
On Rajini-Kamal throwaway dialogue in the trailer:

Kamath says: Yes, that line is the punchline to the theory of picking up aunties, involves judging their loose-ness based on who they like.

SoftSword
3rd February 2011, 06:18 PM

Kamath says: Yes, that line is the punchline to the theory of picking up aunties, involves judging their loose-ness based on who they like.

:notworthy:

sometimes even i ask new persons about their favorite actor... based on which i can assume analytical mind...
no... not for picking them :lol:

kid-glove
3rd February 2011, 06:34 PM
This guy TK isn't going to just throwaway the names for empty adulation from respective fans. Good to see such banter. :clap:

Nerd
3rd February 2011, 07:47 PM

What could that be? :lol2:

P_R
3rd February 2011, 07:51 PM

அண்ணன் தம்பியா பழகிட்டு வரோம், இதைக்கெடுக்கற மாதிரி சமூகவிரோத சிந்தனைகள் தேவையா

kid-glove
3rd February 2011, 08:34 PM
Nerd, we have to watch the film to know it fully.
PR, Only see boxes in my fone. Ootukku poyinu irukken. English'la post pannungaba! :p

kid-glove
3rd February 2011, 09:35 PM
அண்ணன் தம்பியா பழகிட்டு வரோம், இதைக்கெடுக்கற மாதிரி சமூகவிரோத சிந்தனைகள் தேவையா

Ahhh :oops: :P

gurusaravanan
7th February 2011, 12:26 PM
Charan tweets http://www.twitlonger.com/show/8lkf88

Nerd
7th February 2011, 07:04 PM
Interview with Kumararaja.

A new chapter (http://www.thehindu.com/arts/cinema/article1158882.ece)

SUDHISH KAMATH

http://www.thehindu.com/multimedia/dynamic/00380/06cp_aaranya_kaanda_380665f.jpg

Aaranya Kaandam won a prize at an international festival even before the film was completed. Director Thiagarajan Kumararaja gives the details

A Tamil film, made by a debutant director with an ensemble cast with no big names to boast of, dark, grainy picture quality (thanks to the projection in its offline quality, without colour correction) and no background score or songs — an incomplete film unable to meet its completion deadline —premieres at the South Asian International Film Festival in New York last October, meets with whistles and claps in the theatre with its wicked wit and deliciously dark humour, and goes on to win the Grand Jury Prize for Best Film.

Back home, after completion, the Censors refuse to clear it. They rule that not even adults can handle profanity or violence! The revising committee agrees to clear Aaranya Kaandam with an A certificate if the makers agree to implement the 52 cuts — mostly use of colourful slang and stylised violence — and ask the producers to get clearance from Rajnikant and Kamal Haasan for a joke involving their names!

Kamal Haasan loves the film, S. P. Charan tweets. The makers are planning to head to the Tribunal to get justice for the film that would lose its teeth and punch if the suggested cuts were made.

“I think they are being extra careful,” says Thiagarajan Kumararaja, sitting down for an interview at the new Amethyst. “They don't have any fixed rules or guidelines, so maybe they want to play it safe. Most of the words used in this film are not for sensationalism or meant to titillate, they are used to define character. What do you expect when a gangster is angry? It's very essential for the characters to speak that way.”

What gave him the guts to take his own time before he made a film? “I didn't know anything else in life,” he laughs. “I've been trying to write since 1998 after dropping out of Visual Communication from Loyola. My parents have been supportive. I tried making ad films. Remember the Sri Krishna Collections ad with a girl walking all around Pondicherry? I made that. Then, I made a short film for Ability Foundation's one-minute film competition for the prize money. My animation film won and the money kept me floating for six months. After that, I wrote Oram Po and hung around the sets for two years. By the end of Oram Po, I started writing Aaranya Kaandam, in December, 2006. I met Charan in January, 2007, for the first time, and gave him a narration. He listened to it for two hours and immediately said: ‘Let's make this film.' I also asked him not to be around during the shoot,” he laughs.

The cast

For a debutant, Kumararaja knew exactly what he wanted. Be it the equation with the producer or the actors.

“A lot of people turned it down because they didn't want to share space with other stars. Some people wanted changes and didn't like the ending… If I agreed to the changes, it wouldn't be the kind of film I wanted to make. A friend suggested Jackie's (Shroff) name. He agreed right over the phone. A couple of stars auditioned but I didn't think they fit the characters I had in mind.”

Did he make what he started out to make? “I wanted to make a racy film that moved at breakneck speed, but what I have ended up making is a slow, classic build-up to the climax,” he grins. “Most of the film starts off only in the second half. At the interval block, the filmmaker or a character will tell you the story begins only now. It's like saying you will be paid only from the third month of joining work. Oh, then I will join work from the third month. The idea was to cut to the chase.”

Aaranya Kaandam is Tamil cinema's first foray into neo-noir, a genre popularised by Quentin Tarantino, Guy Ritchie and even the Coen Brothers. It's got all the elements of traditional film noir and also post-modern references to pop culture.

“Aaranya Kaandam is a term from the Ramayana. It means Jungle Chapter but apart from the term, I haven't borrowed anything else. The characters are as good or as bad as the common man. We might do something wrong according to law, jump the signal, go triples and commit such petty offences. When a friend sleeps around, we don't think he's being evil, right? I have just treated murderers and scum in my films just as I would treat a friend,” he laughs.

Influences? “Everything I have watched has been an influence. I'm a huge fan of Doordarshan, so my influences range from international to local. I like Karagattakaaran and at the other extreme, Aval Appadithaan. I think Bhimsingh's classics are the greatest. I like Thiruvilayadal, also Visu as he directs a lot of people talking all along. At another level, I like the works of Tarkovsky, Tarantino, Lars von Trier... To me, it's the work that matters and not the directors. No matter how many films a filmmaker makes, there would be very few films that are truly great, where he has got everything right.”

:lol: Nice set of influences there.

m_karthik
7th February 2011, 08:25 PM
Charan tweets http://www.twitlonger.com/show/8lkf88

Ivangalae world class nu aarambichitaangala???
Indha genre la edutha world class ah?
yaen world movies'layum mokkai padam ellam irukkunnu yaarumae solla maatraanga??

btw, I expect this movie becoz of the actual brain behind this.. :)

kubrick
18th February 2011, 09:43 PM
Since I saw this movie's poster (4 years back?) I have been waiting. Watching the 1st trailer (especially the "vaazhvathu etharkku" shot) so many times have made my wait worse. Hearing about the 52 cuts is shocking, to add fuel, a friend's friend who has watched the movie in the US (I dont know how far this is true) has hyped it up so much saying that if this movie gets fully released here, it will change the path of entire Tamil cinema like how Pulp Fiction has changed America's.

So come on! When is this movie releasing?!

HonestRaj
21st February 2011, 07:28 PM
kubrick.. neenga Venkyraja'va?

NOV
24th February 2011, 07:40 PM
quite unusual trailer....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBJ_UpyQw_s&feature=player_embedded

arthi2780
24th February 2011, 08:13 PM
52 cuts is shocking

52 cuts = almost whole movie.
I suppose you have included the muting of certain words and masking violent scences (like slit throats) when you say "52 cuts".
This definitely messes the narration visually, but personally I can tolerate it as we can make out what was said or shown.

Nerd
24th February 2011, 09:40 PM
SP Charan tweets:

Updates about AK release will come as and when. Appreciate the interest. Keep it going. The wait is not for too long now. Hopefully.

jaiganes
24th February 2011, 09:52 PM
ennaya idhu, incest, paedophiliavaye kaamichaachu. ketta vaarthailaam oru vishayamaa?
seekiram caligula maadhiri pru padam yaarachum eduppaaingannu nenaikkaren.

kubrick
24th February 2011, 10:29 PM
kubrick.. neenga Venkyraja'va?

Yaaru bass athu venkyraja? you for mishtake!

ennaya idhu, incest, paedophiliavaye kaamichaachu. ketta vaarthailaam oru vishayamaa?
seekiram caligula maadhiri pru padam yaarachum eduppaaingannu nenaikkaren.

*****!

Nerd
24th February 2011, 10:33 PM
^ Post-a edit pannunga, illai warning kidaikkum :D

kubrick
24th February 2011, 10:45 PM
Lol! thanks bro.

kubrick
24th February 2011, 10:50 PM
52 cuts = almost whole movie.
I suppose you have included the muting of certain words and masking violent scences (like slit throats) when you say "52 cuts".
This definitely messes the narration visually, but personally I can tolerate it as we can make out what was said or shown.

Chancey ille! Padam mokke ya aayirum. How will you like Pulp Fiction without the F-word (is it ok to say this? If not please reply quickly.I dont want a warning :( )! As you have mentioned it yourself 52 cuts is almost the whole movie. A movie filled with jumps and beeps will be extremely annoying and irritating, let alone being good.

jaiganes
25th February 2011, 12:46 AM
Yaaru bass athu venkyraja? you for mishtake!

*****!

neenga innaa sonnengannu siththa PM panninaa thevalai...

arthi2780
25th February 2011, 01:29 AM
Chancey ille! Padam mokke ya aayirum.

Yes i agree with you. But still "I" can tolerate ! There are many other factors that could capture my attention, if its as well made as said.

Already the trailer has got my attention. Eventhough the atmospere is not the same, the tone resembles the begining sequences of "Va quater Cutting"

These days there are movies which are woven around characters and emotions. :)

selvamohankumar
25th February 2011, 12:34 PM
Yes i agree with you. But still "I" can tolerate ! There are many other factors that could capture my attention, if its as well made as said.

Already the trailer has got my attention. Eventhough the atmospere is not the same, the tone resembles the begining sequences of "Va quater Cutting"

These days there are movies which are woven around characters and emotions. :)

Even this is becoming more in number and annoying! Recently there were around 5-7 movies which were said be taken based on character and reality which were irritating! This irritation of lots of madurai movies made even the best movie "aadukalam" a average grosser! Just weaving movie aroung characters isnt enough for sure!story and a unique narration style will always hit the bull's eye. Hope the directors take this in their minds!

kubrick
25th February 2011, 05:10 PM
neenga innaa sonnengannu siththa PM panninaa thevalai...

PM panra alavukku onnum sollala baas! English and Hindi kette vaarthaigala Tamizhargalukku kathu kudutha vittarraanga, athey therinja tamizh ketta vaarthaiya use panna thitraanga.

Even this is becoming more in number and annoying! Recently there were around 5-7 movies which were said be taken based on character and reality which were irritating! This irritation of lots of madurai movies made even the best movie "aadukalam" a average grosser! Just weaving movie aroung characters isnt enough for sure!story and a unique narration style will always hit the bull's eye. Hope the directors take this in their minds!

Story is important. Good movies are the ones with good stories. No doubts. But, even if a mokke story is written well it could be turned into a Hit no matter who the audience is.

20 years aa orey kadhaya paathom, ippo thaan konjam maarudhu romba avasara pada mudiyathu la.. :)

kubrick
25th February 2011, 05:11 PM
Sorry. Double post.

varunlss12
25th February 2011, 08:14 PM
Trailer is superb....

m_karthik
25th April 2011, 08:36 PM
What happened to this film???

viraajan
25th April 2011, 08:51 PM
There were some issues between the producer, director and the Censor board. They went to Delhi for some discussion. There has been no news after that,

Nerd
16th May 2011, 07:53 PM
There was an Ad in the Sunday paper. May be the film will release soon?!

http://dailythanthi.com/thanthiepaper/1552011/MDSG435062-M.jpg

NOV
16th May 2011, 08:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBJ_UpyQw_s

Nerd
20th May 2011, 09:19 PM
June release it seems. Character introductions in paper ads? :-)

http://dailythanthi.com/thanthiepaper/2052011/MDSG435809-M.jpg

gurusaravanan
29th May 2011, 11:19 AM
june 10 release

Nerd
5th June 2011, 05:21 AM
Ode to censorship :lol2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnPOrVxJ6V8&feature=channel_video_title

Nerd
5th June 2011, 05:22 AM
வஞ்சகரின் உள்ளம் வலை விரிக்கும் :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF8z68EwS_M&feature=channel_video_title

m_karthik
5th June 2011, 10:14 AM
Ode to censorship :lol2:

Nice one... :)
look at the title... it's also bleeped.. :lol:

gurusaravanan
8th June 2011, 09:23 AM
reservations starts today....i booked my tkts :)

Cinemarasigan
8th June 2011, 01:24 PM
Good news indeed, expecting this movie for quite sometime ..

Nerd
8th June 2011, 06:03 PM
Anurag Kashyap in the midst of his non-stop promotion for Shaitan in twitter, has also tweeted this:

"Aaranya Kandam also releases on 10th .. Super Friday.."

Anyway ellaarum paathuttu sollunga. Hub periyavaas ellaam enga ponaanga? Yaarai namburadhu ippo??

SoftSword
8th June 2011, 06:21 PM
finally the condom is in the stores, after rightly being certified 18+.
hope there should not be many cuts, which will spoil the fun. ;)

sathya_1979
8th June 2011, 09:27 PM
finally the condom is in the stores, after rightly being certified 18+.
hope there should not be many cuts, which will spoil the fun. ;)
cuts in the condom will defeat the purposengreenga! Righttu :wink:

Nerd
8th June 2011, 09:29 PM
But why would it spoil the fun? It will keep you guessing :-) :-)

Adhaavadhu what the bleeped word would be apdeenu.

SoftSword
8th June 2011, 10:14 PM
But why would it spoil the fun? It will keep you guessing :-) :-)

Adhaavadhu what the bleeped word would be apdeenu.

keep guessinga?
naadhaaritthanam senjaalum naasookkaa seyyonum...
naangalaam kozhai'nu paper'la ezhudhurappo kooda penaavula kairegai padaama paatthuppom. :)

Nerd
8th June 2011, 10:46 PM
OK back to the topic.

Negative Revu - http://cinemachaat.wordpress.com/2011/03/14/aaranya-kaandam/

Nerd
10th June 2011, 03:27 AM
A snippet from the director's interview - http://www.rediff.com/movies/slide-show/slide-show-1-south-aaranya-kaandam-is-a-story-of-gangsters/20110609.htm

How did you come to films?

If I have to name someone who is responsible for me coming to films, it is Ilayaraja's music. From a young age, I've been a huge fan of his music. Because of that, I studied Visual Communication. I like films and I have been watching films from a young age. So, making films happened to be a natural progression. Yes, I've made just one film and I do not know whether I will continue making films. I may or may not make another film...

Whoa! Saw a couple of interviews of him as well in youtube. Promising guy. Best wishes for the film. I ll watch it in a month or so once the DVDs out.

groucho070
10th June 2011, 06:36 AM
Nerd, lots of emotional investment on the movie?

Nerd
10th June 2011, 07:00 AM
Nerd, lots of emotional investment on the movie?
:lol: Right from the first ever paper ad, been liking everything about the film. Also a Tarantino film in Tamil? Been waiting for something like that...

groucho070
10th June 2011, 07:16 AM
Yeah, curious too. Forgot about it completely, until this thread was revived. Tarantino style sari varuma? Parpom.

Cinemarasigan
10th June 2011, 11:52 AM
Thanks to the distributors, it is releasing in Bangalore and even releasing in US as well...

Shanker
10th June 2011, 12:33 PM
I cant seem to find the mp3 of this movie? Any bro has it? Please PM me thank you :D

Mahen
10th June 2011, 04:05 PM
I cant seem to find the mp3 of this movie? Any bro has it? Please PM me thank you :D

no songs in the movie..

Nerd
10th June 2011, 04:06 PM
Shankar - no songs in the film.

Sify (Sri thollai) - Violent (http://www.sify.com/movies/tamil/review.php?id=14971928&ctid=5&cid=2429)

Sid_316
10th June 2011, 04:27 PM
Thaaar maar! marana mass! lovvvvdd it :mrgreen:

Nerd
10th June 2011, 04:32 PM
Were the baed wards censored? :mrgreen:

Sid_316
10th June 2011, 04:35 PM
Some of them.. but u can clearly make out wat they r saying :mrgreen: Dark humour throughout :D

SoftSword
10th June 2011, 04:55 PM
adhu enna tarantino style?

PARAMASHIVAN
10th June 2011, 05:28 PM
Jackie Shroff tamil movie laya :shock:

Cinemarasigan
10th June 2011, 05:28 PM

Marana Mass-eh? Award padam, serious-ah irukkumnulla nenachom..

Nerd
10th June 2011, 05:32 PM
adhu enna tarantino style?
Adhaavadhu indha dark humor, quirky dialogues/characters, celebrating violence, multiple parallel threads esra esra...

Watch pulp fiction if you get a chance.

SoftSword
10th June 2011, 05:37 PM
i watched that movie nerd...
it was so manly...

PARAMASHIVAN
10th June 2011, 05:38 PM
i watched that movie nerd...
it was so manly...

Pirate DVD ??

SoftSword
10th June 2011, 05:45 PM
yes online param(1)

PARAMASHIVAN
10th June 2011, 05:51 PM
yes online param(1)

Link Pls, thanks

Sid_316
10th June 2011, 05:52 PM
Marana Mass-eh? Award padam, serious-ah irukkumnulla nenachom..

Jest an expression.. :D *Entertaining* is the right word :) u will never get bored

SoftSword
10th June 2011, 05:56 PM
Jest an expression.. :D *Entertaining* is the right word :) u will never get bored

i never get bored even when i sleep...
apram yaen idha paakkanum? :)

Cinemarasigan
10th June 2011, 06:01 PM

:lol: oru mudivodadhaan irukkeenga pola..

Sid_316
10th June 2011, 06:02 PM

Aiaiayoooooooo right vidunga :( Theriyama solten edho

Cinemarasigan
10th June 2011, 06:03 PM

:D Thx Sid for the info..

Cinemarasigan
10th June 2011, 06:04 PM
Link Pls, thanks

Neenga Aaranya kandam padatthukku link kekkureengalaa :D, softie Pulp fiction pathi sollittrukkaaru..

SoftSword
10th June 2011, 06:08 PM
sid.... :)
i know i am in a diff state of mind...
work from home... and my next room friend is playing ARR songs...
life is bliss... wat more do i need...

cr :) & ;)

PARAMASHIVAN
10th June 2011, 06:15 PM
Neenga Aaranya kandam padatthukku link kekkureengalaa :D, softie Pulp fiction pathi sollittrukkaaru..

rendum onnnu ennu soluranga :lol: I mean Reviews are saying that AK is similar to Pulp Fiction :)

gurusaravanan
10th June 2011, 06:34 PM
+1..ஆரண்ய காண்டம்- அருமையான படம்

Mahen
10th June 2011, 06:38 PM
http://www.top10cinema.com/review/11252/aaranya-kaandam

gurusaravanan
10th June 2011, 06:49 PM
The dialogues play a vital part in keeping audiences intact while the background score by Yuvan Shankar Raja is far beyond excellence.

The climax is brilliant and something unpredictable
+1....

Sid_316
10th June 2011, 07:15 PM
sid.... :)
i know i am in a diff state of mind...
work from home... and my next room friend is playing ARR songs...
life is bliss... wat more do i need...
cr :) & ;)

Rightu Venave venam ! pakadheenga.. freeya vittudunga not recommended :P

SoftSword
10th June 2011, 07:16 PM
Rightu Venave venam ! pakadheenga.. freeya vittudunga not recommended :P

:lol:vadi.

Sid_316
10th June 2011, 07:18 PM
The dialogues play a vital part in keeping audiences intact while the background score by Yuvan Shankar Raja is far beyond excellence.

The climax is brilliant and something unpredictable
+1....

Yes :exactly:

gurusaravanan
10th June 2011, 07:18 PM
met sp charan @escape cinemas....nalla pesunaru...uncut version DVD la release panuvangalam ..

gurusaravanan
10th June 2011, 07:25 PM
சப்ப ஆம்பள தான் ஆனா எல்லாம் ஆம்பளைங்கலும் சப்ப தான் ...haha

Nerd
10th June 2011, 07:48 PM
Pavithrasri on rediff gives a 3 on 5 (http://m.rediff.com/movies/report/south-review-aaranya-kaandam/20110610.htm#)

kubrick
10th June 2011, 08:45 PM
There is nothing wrong with movie nor anything great. So many shots/sequences/knots have been copied from various movies, unlike tarantino they haven't been just referenced and used for bigger fun but just like ordinary tamil films they have been used in the movie. Cinematography mirattal. Sampath, the kid and his dad were amazing. AGS villivakkam la only 4 rows were filled. The theater too was samma mokke so will try writing more after tmrw's show at sathyam. Personally, I wasn't very pleased. Some dialogs were brilliant, some subtle underlining threads were nice but overall a very mediocre film. Too much style over substance which was almost none.

Movie doesn't do justice to the 1st teaser trailer.

Nerd
10th June 2011, 08:52 PM
Behidwoods - 3.5/5 (http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-reviews/reviews-2/jun-11-02/aaranya-kaandam-review.html)

gurusaravanan
10th June 2011, 08:55 PM
http://600024.com/aaranya-kaandam-review-festival-crossroads/

vithagan
10th June 2011, 09:14 PM
Yuvan's music got thumbs up all over.. :2thumbsup:
The movie is in my must watch list for Yuvan :)

ajaybaskar
10th June 2011, 09:16 PM
தமிழில் வெகுநாட்களுக்கு அப்புறம் உலகத்தரத்தில் ஒரு படம். டைட்டில் கார்ட் போட்டாக வேண்டுமே என்பதற்காக எந்த பின்னணி இசையும் இல்லாமல் சப்பென்று ஓடும் டைட்டில்லில் துவங்குகிறது அதகளம். தமிழ் சினிமாவின் எந்த மரபுக்குள்ளும் அடங்காத காட்சியமைப்புகள், தொழில்நுட்ப நேர்த்தி, சட்டென்று கடந்து செல்லும் 'பளீர்' வசனங்கள் என்று பல 'பிளஸ்'கள். அங்கங்கே தெறித்து விழும் கெட்ட வார்த்தைகள் மட்டும் பெண்களை திரையரங்கிற்கு வராமல் தடுக்கும்.

ajaybaskar
10th June 2011, 09:20 PM
பக்கத்து சீட்டில் கேட்டது..

கணவர்: இவர்தாண்டி ஹிந்தி ஹீரோ Jackie Giraffe. முன்னாடி எல்லாம் பொண்ணுங்களுக்கு அவர் மேல அப்படி ஒரு graze.

மனைவி: அதென்னங்க Giraffe?

கணவர்: நல்ல உசரமா இருக்கார்ல. அதனால அப்படி பேரு வச்சுருப்பான்களோ என்னமோ!!

SoftSword
10th June 2011, 09:59 PM
ottu kaekkraddhukku 100 ruva selavu panni theatreku poraanga...

sathya_1979
11th June 2011, 09:33 AM
பக்கத்து சீட்டில் கேட்டது..

கணவர்: இவர்தாண்டி ஹிந்தி ஹீரோ Jackie Giraffe. முன்னாடி எல்லாம் பொண்ணுங்களுக்கு அவர் மேல அப்படி ஒரு graze.

மனைவி: அதென்னங்க Giraffe?

கணவர்: நல்ல உசரமா இருக்கார்ல. அதனால அப்படி பேரு வச்சுருப்பான்களோ என்னமோ!!
ju vi dialogue section reporter aayiteengaLA? BTW AB Darling, do u recommend this film? I liked Nandhalala, ko and Yudhdham sei. indha info vechu indha padam enakku pudikkumaanu sollunga (I love hearing bad words on screen)

sureshmehcnit
11th June 2011, 09:48 AM
Listen to 19 Cues from Yuvan Shankar Raja's mindblowing background score in Aaranya Kaandam

http://www.backgroundscore.com/2011/06/aaranya-kaandam-background-score.html

ajaybaskar
11th June 2011, 11:30 AM
சத்யாஜி,

கண்டிப்பாக பாருங்க.. Guy Ritchie படம் பார்த்த மாதிரி இருக்கு.. ரெண்டாவது வாட்டி பாக்குற ஐடியா வேற இருக்கு எனக்கு.

கெட்ட வார்த்தை பிடிக்கும்னா நீங்க இந்த படம் ப்ளூ ரே வாங்கி வச்சுக்கலாம்.. ஒரு சாம்பிள்..

அஜய் ராஜ்: போன்ல யாருண்ணே? அண்ணியா?

சம்பத்: இல்ல.. ***..

gurusaravanan
11th June 2011, 02:37 PM
ரெண்டாவது வாட்டி பாக்குற ஐடியா வேற இருக்கு எனக்கு
+1...

gurusaravanan
11th June 2011, 04:16 PM
சம்பத் : உங்க அப்பாவ ரொம்ப பிடிக்குமா ???
கொடுக்காபுளி : அப்டிலாம் இல்லை..... அவர் எங்க அப்பா ....

Dinesh84
11th June 2011, 07:40 PM
padam gethu.. Kodukapuli and Kaalai :thumbsup:

Nerd
11th June 2011, 07:58 PM
Seems the movie is worth the hype. All my friends have liked it. Way to KumararajaR :-)

Listen to 19 Cues from Yuvan Shankar Raja's mindblowing background score in Aaranya Kaandam

http://www.backgroundscore.com/2011/06/aaranya-kaandam-background-score.html
Sounds very impressive. சுடாத பழமா இருந்தால் :clap:

complicateur
11th June 2011, 09:25 PM
Absolutely recommended. The voice may not be unique (though it certainly is unique to our cinema) but the song is, without a shred of doubt, entertaining. Thagiriyamaa ticket edunga.

littlemaster1982
11th June 2011, 10:57 PM
I felt the film is missing some pace. Lot of good scenes and all the threads are tied so neatly, but overall it wasn't much satisfying. TK should have avoided voice overs and characters explaining what was already shown. May be my opinion will change after a rewatch.

kubrick
11th June 2011, 11:25 PM
Watched it the second time. Dialogues, casting, cinematography and BGM are the saving graces of the film which will make everyone say this to be a world class film and turn it into a blockbuster. But is it a film which has substance? Is it a film which showcases characters? Is it a film which will make you emote even for a second?

I couldn't find a single place where the director had said something by himself. The whole movie seems like a combination of nice scenes from a collection of other movies. Nothing seems original. Everything seems to be borrowed from so many people like QT, Inarittu, Sergio Leone, Meirelles etc etc. Even the Jackie Sheroff's plot is a complete ripoff from a chinese movie called Ju Dou (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099902/). The idea of Sampath tricking the gangs is lifted from Yojimbo. The best thing about this movie is the cinematography but it is more like looking at photographs of north chennai than it helping in telling the story. I heard people saying "this shot was nice" "that shot was nice" but when people start viewing a movie shot by shot for its beauty that is when a director and cinematographer fail. Apart from the characters and locations the audience shouldn't be seeing anything. Using voice-over isn't a bad thing completely but all of a sudden changing the movie's narrative style, that too 15 mins before the climax, makes no sense.

What I cant stand is people calling Nandalala a ripoff but not this. People are giving standing ovations for this but din't make Naan Kadavul run.

littlemaster1982
11th June 2011, 11:51 PM
“I wanted to make a racy film that moved at breakneck speed, but what I have ended up making is a slow, classic build-up to the climax,”

I expected a racy film and probably this is why I wasn't satisfied.

littlemaster1982
12th June 2011, 12:02 AM
Baradwaj Rangan's short take (http://baradwajrangan.wordpress.com/2011/06/11/bullet-point-report-aaranya-kaandam-89437589/)

With most mainstream films, especially in Tamil, you know some fifteen minutes in if they’re working for you (or not). These are the films made expressly with you in mind, thinking that they know what you want, the pandering productions. But there are a few that leave you hanging until almost the end – “Hmmm… I’m really enjoying this… But where is it going?… Am I really liking it (as an organic whole) or is it just the laughs giving me a high? – and then, gradually, things begin to cohere and reshape your entire thus-far experience, and you slap your forehead and smile and say wow! This is one of those films.

Sid_316
12th June 2011, 01:27 AM
Absolutely recommended. The voice may not be unique (though it certainly is unique to our cinema) but the song is, without a shred of doubt, entertaining. Thagiriyamaa ticket edunga.

Well said :thumbsup:

jinju
12th June 2011, 11:21 AM
thanks for the reviews guys. watching it today!

Sid_316
12th June 2011, 05:30 PM
Thiagarajan Kumararaja's interview : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKUqbXStE5o&feature=related

sathya_1979
12th June 2011, 05:58 PM
ரெண்டாவது வாட்டி பாக்குற ஐடியா வேற இருக்கு எனக்கு
+1...
Guru thambi, nesst weekend paakkara idea irundhaa enakku oru ticket eduppA, if possible.

Mahen
12th June 2011, 07:41 PM
Yasmin ponnapa :lol2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLeoAPgh_F4&feature=related

Nerd
12th June 2011, 08:21 PM
Baradwaj Rangan's short take (http://baradwajrangan.wordpress.com/2011/06/11/bullet-point-report-aaranya-kaandam-89437589/)

With most mainstream films, especially in Tamil, you know some fifteen minutes in if they’re working for you (or not). These are the films made expressly with you in mind, thinking that they know what you want, the pandering productions. But there are a few that leave you hanging until almost the end – “Hmmm… I’m really enjoying this… But where is it going?… Am I really liking it (as an organic whole) or is it just the laughs giving me a high? – and then, gradually, things begin to cohere and reshape your entire thus-far experience, and you slap your forehead and smile and say wow! This is one of those films.
He has expanded on it (same link). Looks like he has absolutely loved it (havent read it fully for the fear of spoilers).

littlemaster1982
12th June 2011, 08:40 PM
He has expanded on it (same link). Looks like he has absolutely loved it (havent read it fully for the fear of spoilers).

Just read it. There aren't any spoilers in strict sense, but he has mentioned few of the scenes and dialogues, which you may not want to know about.

gurusaravanan
12th June 2011, 09:24 PM
Guru thambi, nesst weekend paakkara idea irundhaa enakku oru ticket eduppA, if possible.
kandippa na...:) :)

kid-glove
12th June 2011, 09:32 PM
Read a blog which links this film to Fargo (didn't read the contents for I'd like to avoid spoilers). Too much hype already. Let's wane it down & go watch it clean slate.

gurusaravanan
12th June 2011, 11:44 PM
http://optimised.wordpress.com/2011/06/10/aaranya-kaandam-review/

Sarna
13th June 2011, 09:03 AM
aaranya kaandam - ennayyaa padam idhu.... yEdho vidhyaasamaa try panniyirukkaanga...padam aarambichchadhilirundhu kadaisi varaikku orEy senthamizhaa pEsuraanga :cry:
anganga dialogues nallaa irukku :)

climax dialogue by heroine : என்னப் பொருத்தவரைக்கும் சப்பையும் ஒரு ஆம்பள தான்.... எல்லா ஆம்பளங்களும் சப்பதான் :|

padam pudichchirukkaa, pudikkalayaanu theriyala....anaa, indha maadhiri padangal ellaam brandy'yum kaiyum'aa goundamani fans'oda paaththaa enjoy pannalaam :p

Sarna
13th June 2011, 09:29 AM
padaththOda periya plus ennannaa, dialogues, casting & their casual acting :)

pala edangal'la dialogues kalakkal :) ofcourse leaving the bad words :p

Cinemarasigan
13th June 2011, 10:21 AM
ju vi dialogue section reporter aayiteengaLA? BTW AB Darling, do u recommend this film? I liked Nandhalala, ko and Yudhdham sei. indha info vechu indha padam enakku pudikkumaanu sollunga (I love hearing bad words on screen)

Ketta vArthai screenla kekkaradhula oru santhosham :lol:

gurusaravanan
13th June 2011, 10:55 AM
aaranya kaandam - ennayyaa padam idhu.... yEdho vidhyaasamaa try panniyirukkaanga...padam aarambichchadhilirundhu kadaisi varaikku orEy senthamizhaa pEsuraanga :cry:
anganga dialogues nallaa irukku :)

climax dialogue by heroine : என்னப் பொருத்தவரைக்கும் சப்பையும் ஒரு ஆம்பள தான்.... எல்லா ஆம்பளங்களும் சப்பதான் :|

padam pudichchirukkaa, pudikkalayaanu theriyala....anaa, indha maadhiri padangal ellaam brandy'yum kaiyum'aa goundamani fans'oda paaththaa enjoy pannalaam :p
rowdy nga apdi thaan na pesuvaanga ....ithula enna irukku

ajaybaskar
13th June 2011, 12:03 PM
Thanks to the 'The Hindu'..

Character Names: 'Singa'perumal, 'Kaalai'yan, 'Pasu'pathy, 'Gajendran', 'Gaja'pathy.
Film name: Aaranya Kaandam (Jungle Chapter).

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
13th June 2011, 12:17 PM
padam gethu.. Kodukapuli and Kaalai :thumbsup: கொட்டாப்புளி கேள்விப்பட்டிருக்கேன். அதென்ன கொடுக்காப்புளி?

San_K
13th June 2011, 12:27 PM
கொட்டாப்புளி கேள்விப்பட்டிருக்கேன். அதென்ன கொடுக்காப்புளி?

nalla kallula theithu unga thodaliyula sUdu vaanginathillaiya?

athuthana illa veruya? :confusing:

ajaybaskar
13th June 2011, 12:28 PM
Idhuthaan Kodukkaapuli (http://www.marketmanila.com/archives/camachile-guamachil-manila-tamarind)

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
13th June 2011, 12:39 PM
nalla kallula theithu unga thodaliyula sUdu vaanginathillaiya? athuthana illa veruya? :confusing:
சூடு வாங்கிருக்கேன், அது பேர் என்ன? கொட்டா வா கொடுக்கா வா?

Idhuthaan Kodukkaapuli (http://www.marketmanila.com/archives/camachile-guamachil-manila-tamarind)
இதுவா கொடுக்காப்புளி? இது அந்த 'நரியே நரியே சுத்தி வா' மேட்டர் இல்லையா? இதோட பேர் வேற எதோ தானே?!

sathya_1979
13th June 2011, 12:41 PM
Ketta vArthai screenla kekkaradhula oru santhosham :lol:
vayasaayiduchi! 10-12 varusham munnaadi sagattu mEnikku pEsittrundhaa maadhiri ippO naan pEsa mudiyaadhu. adhaan :lol:

gurusaravanan
13th June 2011, 12:43 PM
சூடு வாங்கிருக்கேன், அது பேர் என்ன? கொட்டா வா கொடுக்கா வா?

இதுவா கொடுக்காப்புளி? இது அந்த 'நரியே நரியே சுத்தி வா' மேட்டர் இல்லையா? இதோட பேர் வேற எதோ தானே?!
இல்லை இது தான்... கொடுக்காப்புளி

SoftSword
13th June 2011, 02:46 PM
sarna, brandy?
neenga teetotaller aachae...

ajay,
we call it konapuliyangaai.

San_K
13th June 2011, 04:52 PM

enga oorla idhukku peyar 'Kodikka', probably a 'maruval' word of 'Kodukkap Puli' (or) 'Otranga'.

KV
13th June 2011, 05:47 PM
The trailer had a slow-mo shot of the heroine falling down and a pool of blood forming under her head. This isn't there in the film though. (The closest is when she almost gets run over by a truck.) Any idea if the ending was different before censorship?

SoftSword
13th June 2011, 05:54 PM
enga oorla ellaam release aagala...
download link irundhaa yarachum kudunga... naetthu fulla thedi pathuten... evanum upload pannala.. bloody baskars.

ajaybaskar
13th June 2011, 06:02 PM
The trailer had a slow-mo shot of the heroine falling down and a pool of blood forming under her head. This isn't there in the film though. (The closest is when she almost gets run over by a truck.) Any idea if the ending was different before censorship?

I think there is an alternate ending

SoftSword
13th June 2011, 06:05 PM
initiala reports vandha maadhiri 52 cut elaam illayame...
no cuts only some <beep>s'nu friend sonnaan...
enna varalaaru?

Sarna
14th June 2011, 06:16 PM
sarna, brandy?
neenga teetotaller aachae...

enna seiradhu ss... indha paalaa pOna IT industry thanni adikkalainaa kEvalamaa(or chinna pullayaa) paakkuraanga.... naai vesham pOttaa kozhachchudhaana aaganum :)

SoftSword
14th June 2011, 06:17 PM
welcome to the club :)
u got into IT?
again, welcome to the club.

rsubras
14th June 2011, 06:56 PM
enna seiradhu ss... indha paalaa pOna IT industry thanni adikkalainaa kEvalamaa(or chinna pullayaa) paakkuraanga.... naai vesham pOttaa kozhachchudhaana aaganum :)
[Digression]
boss....... ur pazhakkam is your wish.......athukkaga en ottu mothamana IT makkal elloraiyum generalize panni solreenga. :) ithu antha kaalathula thanni adikkarathukkaga college students thannoda lover kitta mazhupparathukkaga solra reason maathiri irukku

[End Digression]

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
14th June 2011, 07:11 PM
ஆரண்ய காண்டம் - கிளாஸ் (http://www.karkibava.com/2011/06/blog-post_14.html)
ஆரண்ய காண்டம் - ஆயிரத்தில் ஒன்று (http://philosophyprabhakaran.blogspot.com/2011/06/blog-post.html)
ஆரண்ய காண்டம் - எம கண்டம் (http://adrasaka.blogspot.com/2011/06/blog-post_2866.html)
ஆரண்ய காண்டம் - A must Watch Movie (http://saravanaidea.blogspot.com/2011/06/must-watch-movie.html)
ஆரண்ய காண்டம் - திரைவிமர்சனம் (http://www.thacinema.com/2011/06/blog-post.html)
ஆரண்ய காண்டம் - கேபிள் சங்கர் (http://cablesankar.blogspot.com/2011/06/blog-post_11.html)
ஆரண்ய காண்டம் விமர்சனம் (http://www.babyanandan.in/2011/06/2011.html)
ஆரண்ய காண்டம் – புதிய அனுபவம்! (http://padaipali.wordpress.com/2011/06/13/%E0%AE%86%E0%AE%B0%E0%AE%A3%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%AF-%E0%AE%95%E0%AE%BE%E0%AE%A3%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%9F%E0%A E%AE%E0%AF%8D-%E0%AE%AA%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%A4%E0%AE%BF%E0%AE%AF-%E0%AE%85%E0%AE%A9%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%AA/)

yuvakrishna's excellent description of the plot/screenplay
ஆரண்ய காண்டம் - லக்கிலுக் யுவகிருஷ்ணா (http://www.luckylookonline.com/2011/06/blog-post_13.html)

‘நாடு ஒரு காடு, மனிதர்கள் விலங்குகள்’ – இதுதான் ஒரு வரி கதை. இழப்பதற்கு எதுவுமில்லை என்கிற நிலையில் இருப்பவன், எதை வேண்டுமானாலும் பெற முடியும் என்கிற எளிய சூத்திரம் இறுதியில் வலியுறுத்தப்படுகிறது.

சினிமா என்பது ஒரு கதைசொல்லி ஊடகம் என்று தமிழ் சினிமாவின் முன்னோடிகள் அவசர அவசரமாக முடிவெடுத்திருக்கிறார்கள். தமிழில் சினிமா வந்து எண்பதாண்டுகள் கழித்து, ‘இல்லை. சினிமா என்பது ரசிகனுக்கு அனுபவத்தை ஏற்படுத்தும் ஊடகம்’ என்று ஆரண்ய காண்டம் அழுத்தம் திருத்தமாக மறுத்திருக்கிறது.

இப்படம் எந்த கதையையும், கருத்தையும் வலியுறுத்தவில்லை. முதல் காட்சி தொடங்கி, இறுதிக்காட்சி வரை உங்களுக்கு பிரேம்-பை-பிரேமாக வழங்குவது காட்சியனுபவத்தை மட்டுமே. முதல் காட்சி, அடுத்தக் காட்சிக்கு சங்கிலிப் பிணைப்பாக இருக்க வேண்டும் என்பது அழுத்தமான விதி. அனாயசமாக இவ்விதியை உடைத்திருக்கிறார் இயக்குனர் தியாகராஜன் குமாரராஜா. லீனியர் அல்லது நான்லீனியர் என்கிற இரண்டே சாத்தியங்கள் கொண்ட திரைக்கதை கட்டமைப்பை, அசால்ட்டாக odd வரிசையில் அடுக்கியிருக்கிறார் (வானம் படத்தில் மொக்கையான காட்சிகளால் சப்பையாகிவிட்ட மேட்டர் இது).

கமல்ஹாசனும், விக்ரமும் நடித்திருக்க வேண்டிய படம்.

SoftSword
14th June 2011, 07:59 PM
[Digression]
boss....... ur pazhakkam is your wish.......athukkaga en ottu mothamana IT makkal elloraiyum generalize panni solreenga. :) ithu antha kaalathula thanni adikkarathukkaga college students thannoda lover kitta mazhupparathukkaga solra reason maathiri irukku

[End Digression]

sarna IT industry'nu solradhu avaroda work panra nanbargala'nu nenakkiren...
lover kitta solra reasona... veetla maattunaa solra reason'avo illa wife kitta solra reason'avo venaa irukkalaam...
ippolaam lovers rendu perum sendhu dhaan thanniyae adikkiraanga..

SuraTheLeader
15th June 2011, 05:02 PM
watched this movie yesterday, bunking the office at NAVALUR AGS

Things which Impressed me:
U1 :2thumbsup:
Dialogues
Few IR songs in the BGM throughout the movie

Jackie dancing and climbing the stairs to the tune of IR/SPB song [DISCO...

sathya_1979
15th June 2011, 08:13 PM
[Digression]

[End Digression]
avar veetu kozhaaila thaNNi varalEnaalum ITdhaan kaaraNam :lol2: aanaa avar adhai vittu vEra "nalla" "manasukku pudicha" vElaikku pOga mAttAr :wink:

Sarna
16th June 2011, 08:42 AM
sathya, puli vaala pudichchuttaa.... avlO seekkiram vida mudiuaadhu :wink:

Plum
16th June 2011, 11:22 AM
nInga thaNNi adikkaRadhukku En IT industrya pazhikkaRInga. nAngaLum dhAn 14 varushamA irukkEn indha industryla - pala ooru thaNNi kudichittu dhAn vandhurukkOm AnA principlenA gettiyA thaNNi adikkaradhillainu nikkala?
The problem seems to be that you live for others - avanga ennai chinnapuLLanu nenaichuduvAngaLOnu thaNNi adikkaRInga. Fault lies with you. Not the IT Industry.

sathya_1979
16th June 2011, 11:53 AM
nInga thaNNi adikkaRadhukku En IT industrya pazhikkaRInga. nAngaLum dhAn 14 varushamA irukkEn indha industryla - pala ooru thaNNi kudichittu dhAn vandhurukkOm AnA principlenA gettiyA thaNNi adikkaradhillainu nikkala?
The problem seems to be that you live for others - avanga ennai chinnapuLLanu nenaichuduvAngaLOnu thaNNi adikkaRInga. Fault lies with you. Not the IT Industry.
+1, Sarna uses "being in IT industry" as a mask / cover for all his deeds or the problems he faces. I too have attended many parties or get-together with top management and peers. oru vaatti kooda thaNNiya thottadhilla. People don't compel, knowing my principles.

ennamO thaNNi adichaadhaan appraisal la top rating kuduppOmnu merattura maadhiri pEsuradhu comedy.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
16th June 2011, 12:25 PM
தண்ணி அடிச்சாலே பொம்பள பொறுக்கி ரவுடி கெட்டவன் கேரக்டர் சரியில்ல என்கிற ரேஞ்சுக்கு பழங்காலப் படங்கள் பாணியில் சிலர் புலம்புவதுண்டு. "அவன் தண்ணி எல்லாம் அடிக்கிறான், கெட்ட சகவாசம், அவனோட வெச்சிக்காதே" மாதிரி..

அவங்களை எல்லாம் பிடிச்சி ஒரு கிளாஸ் ஊத்திவிட்டு பாக்கணும், அப்பத்தான் தெரியும் இது சும்மா ஒரு மயக்க மருந்து மாதிரி அப்படின்னு. புலம்புறது, உதார் சவுண்டு விட்ரதெல்லாம் அவங்கவங்க போடும் எக்ஸ்ட்ரா பிட்.

(என்னைப் பொறுத்தவரை தூக்கம் வரலேன்னா எப்பயாச்சும் அடிப்பதுண்டு,(ஒன்ஸ் இன் த்ரீ மந்த்ஸ்) அடிச்ச அரைமணி நேரத்துலையே அய்யா பிளாட்!, கனவே இல்லாத அடர்-தூக்கம் அப்பத்தான் வரும்)

digression podanuma enna :rotfl3:

rsubras
16th June 2011, 01:11 PM
sathya, puli vaala pudichchuttaa.... avlO seekkiram vida mudiuaadhu :wink:

Sarna, ungaloda IT-phobia ku enna kaaranam therila... venumna vera ethavathu forum la oru pudhu thread aarambichu pesalam :)

SoftSword
16th June 2011, 02:44 PM
தண்ணி அடிச்சாலே பொம்பள பொறுக்கி ரவுடி கெட்டவன் கேரக்டர் சரியில்ல என்கிற ரேஞ்சுக்கு பழங்காலப் படங்கள் பாணியில் சிலர் புலம்புவதுண்டு. "அவன் தண்ணி எல்லாம் அடிக்கிறான், கெட்ட சகவாசம், அவனோட வெச்சிக்காதே" மாதிரி..

அவங்களை எல்லாம் பிடிச்சி ஒரு கிளாஸ் ஊத்திவிட்டு பாக்கணும், அப்பத்தான் தெரியும் இது சும்மா ஒரு மயக்க மருந்து மாதிரி அப்படின்னு. புலம்புறது, உதார் சவுண்டு விட்ரதெல்லாம் அவங்கவங்க போடும் எக்ஸ்ட்ரா பிட்.

(என்னைப் பொறுத்தவரை தூக்கம் வரலேன்னா எப்பயாச்சும் அடிப்பதுண்டு,(ஒன்ஸ் இன் த்ரீ மந்த்ஸ்) அடிச்ச அரைமணி நேரத்துலையே அய்யா பிளாட்!, கனவே இல்லாத அடர்-தூக்கம் அப்பத்தான் வரும்)

naan kodhichaen... neenga pongitteenga...
nallaa kelunga... :evil:
smoking, over eating, video games, cinemakku poradhu, saami kumbudradhu, indha maadhiri oru palakkam avlodhaan.

rsubras
16th June 2011, 02:55 PM
naan kodhichaen... neenga pongitteenga...
nallaa kelunga... :evil:
smoking, over eating, video games, cinemakku poradhu, saami kumbudradhu, indha maadhiri oru palakkam avlodhaan.

why the tension........ the argument was only for bringing the entire IT industry to support for a personal preference

kid-glove
16th June 2011, 03:03 PM
Neeyum enna verukkadha yEn vella kunju..

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
16th June 2011, 04:43 PM
ஆரண்ய காண்டம் - சினிமா விமர்சனம் - http://truetamilans.blogspot.com/2011/06/blog-post_15.html

Warning:- Full story elaborately told

Plum
16th June 2011, 04:44 PM
sakala, no digression please :evil:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
16th June 2011, 04:58 PM
அந்த மனுஷன் (இயக்குனர்) இந்த திரிக்கு வந்து பாத்தா நொந்துட மாட்டாரு? வெளிநாட்டு விருதெல்லாம் வாங்கிருக்காரு பாவம், சும்மா நடுவுல மானே தேனே மாதிரி படத்தையும் விவாதிப்போமே, ஒரு ஓரமா :lol2:

Nerd
16th June 2011, 05:42 PM
Neeyum enna verukkadha yEn vella kunju..
Idhu padathula varra dialaak-aa? Seen it? How's it? :-)

kid-glove
16th June 2011, 08:17 PM
Idhu padathula varra dialaak-aa? Seen it? How's it? :-)

Yes.

Great debut. All surface, but very good.

Nerd
16th June 2011, 08:21 PM
Great :2thumbsup:

HonestRaj
16th June 2011, 09:54 PM

thanni adikkiradha paththi RANGA opening sequence'la Rajini oru kadhai solluvar..
& I've heard of youngsters doing rash drives after taking alcohol..
thanni adicha namma control namma kitta illai.. eppavume risk than

SoftSword
16th June 2011, 09:59 PM
thanni adikkiradha paththi RANGA opening sequence'la Rajini oru kadhai solluvar..
& I've heard of youngsters doing rash drives after taking alcohol..
thanni adicha namma control namma kitta illai.. eppavume risk than

vandi oatrappo thoongina kooda thaan namma control nammakitta illai... it will be rash drive...
and do u think youngsters who don drink drive sensibly always?

summa generalize pannadheenga...
drink and drive is atrocious'nu sollunga... kaila vizhundhu otthukkurom.