PDA

View Full Version : Legend Nagesh Passes Away!

joe
31st January 2009, 12:19 PM
[html:a651d944a7]
http://movies.deepthi.com/tamil/actors/images/Nagesh-1.jpg
[/html:a651d944a7]

:cry: :cry:

Shakthiprabha.
31st January 2009, 12:22 PM
OH MY GOD! One more yesteryear gem!

I was reading about him this morning in some weekly magazine.

Rest in peace! :bow:

Mahen
31st January 2009, 12:22 PM
:cry: :cry: RIP

Sanjeevi
31st January 2009, 12:24 PM
Rest in Peace :sad:

sarna_blr
31st January 2009, 12:26 PM
Rest in Peace :cry: :cry:

Cinefan
31st January 2009, 12:30 PM
:( :( May his soul rest in peace

NOV
31st January 2009, 12:32 PM
[html:9900b48db7]
http://www.thehindu.com/thehindu/fr/2003/07/25/images/2003072501450302.jpg
[/html:9900b48db7]

ayyyaaaa! :cry:

joe
31st January 2009, 12:34 PM
மற்றொரு சகாப்தத்தின் முடிவு . :cry:

pavalamani pragasam
31st January 2009, 12:44 PM
Not only a talented comedian but an all-rounder, capable of doing heavy roles too! Be it an old classic like 'kaathalikka nEramillai' or relatively recent 'magaLir mattum' or 'panjathanthiram' he is inimitably superb! A irreplaceable loss!

rangan_08
31st January 2009, 12:52 PM
"...Naan parvaikku sumarathan iruppen, aana en pulamaya paththi unakku theriyadhu.."

How very true !!!

Dharumi / Vaithy / Chellapa.....neeyum engala vittu poitiya ?

Srimannarayanan
31st January 2009, 01:00 PM
R I P

viraajan
31st January 2009, 01:07 PM
மிகப் பெரிய இழப்பு.
:cry2:

RIP

ajaybaskar
31st January 2009, 01:19 PM
RIP

sgokulprathap
31st January 2009, 01:25 PM
:(

Sid_316
31st January 2009, 01:30 PM
Rest in peace :cry:

Roshan
31st January 2009, 01:36 PM
Immeasuarable loss !!

What an artiste !!

May his soul rest in peace :cry: :cry:

ArulprakasH
31st January 2009, 01:38 PM
May his Soul Rest in Peace :(

thamizhvaanan
31st January 2009, 01:43 PM
:shock:

RIP :(

jaiganes
31st January 2009, 02:09 PM
Shocked and at loss for words.
Pirikka mudiyaadhadhu?
Nageshum Nagaichuvayum

My reflection on this genius
http://passionforcinema.com/a-unique-actor-boards-the-bus-good-bye-nagesh-sir/

dell_gt
31st January 2009, 02:28 PM
RIP.... very sad... :(

VENKIRAJA
31st January 2009, 02:34 PM
avarathu AthmA sAnthi adaiya pirArthippOm..!
sirikka vaithavar ippadi azha vaikkalAmA :( R.I.P :(

Nerd
31st January 2009, 02:40 PM
R.I.P.
kAthalikka nEramillai, thiruviLaiyaadal, server sundaram, ethirneechal etc. stand testimony.

VENKIRAJA
31st January 2009, 02:52 PM
Shocked and at loss for words.
Pirikka mudiyaadhadhu?
Nageshum Nagaichuvayum

My reflection on this genius
http://passionforcinema.com/a-unique-actor-boards-the-bus-good-bye-nagesh-sir/

Worthy write-up. Requesting the mods to put this essay in the first post.

omega
31st January 2009, 04:11 PM
One of all time favourite multifaceted actor.
Irreplaceable loss. R.I.P :cry:

hattori_hanzo
31st January 2009, 04:14 PM
R.I.P

:cry:

madhu
31st January 2009, 04:57 PM
பிறந்தோம் என்பதே முகவுரையாம்
பேசினோம் என்பதே தாய்மொழியாம்
மறந்தோம் என்பதே நித்திரையாம்
மரணம் என்பதே முடிவுரையாம்

ஆடி அடங்கும் வாழ்க்கையடா
ஆறடி நிலமே சொந்தம்டா !

May his soul rest in peace :(

crazy
31st January 2009, 05:36 PM
:( RIP :cry:

sivank
31st January 2009, 06:19 PM
என்னை மிகவும் வருத்தப்பட வைத்த ஒரு செய்தி. தமிழ் திரை உலகம் ஒரு ஒப்பற்ற கலைஞனை இழந்து விட்டது. எல்லோரையும் சிரிக்க சிந்திக்க வைத்த குண்டு ராவின் ஆத்மா சாந்தி அடைய ஆண்டவனை வேண்டுகிறேன் :cry2: :cry2:

P_R
31st January 2009, 06:34 PM
Great Loss.
An all time great of Indian Cinema.

Even the usually stoic Kamal appeared a bit shaken on TV.

app_engine
31st January 2009, 07:01 PM
Very sad news:-(

Condolences to his family.

Shakthiprabha.
31st January 2009, 07:08 PM
I believe he was playing with his grandsons, and died immy from massive heart attack.

Ithanaip perai sirikka vechavarukku irappum kshana nerathil vanthathu athisayam illai.

Blessed soul, glad god he did not prolong his suffering :bow:

mr_karthik
31st January 2009, 07:22 PM
Really a Big Loss for Tamil Cine lovers.

His unforgettable movies will remain him always.

May his soul rest in peace.

interz
31st January 2009, 07:25 PM
R.I.P Naghesh

you made me laugh
you made me think
you made me cry
you are a true artist, may your soul rest in peace.

Tia
31st January 2009, 07:37 PM
omg :( he was soo funny :( :( :(

directhit
31st January 2009, 07:39 PM
:shock: :shock: :cry3: :cry3: :cry3:
RIP

Sanguine Sridhar
31st January 2009, 07:40 PM
manasu romba kashtama irruku, ippo thaan theriyum!!! I am speechless......

directhit
31st January 2009, 07:45 PM
jus a few days back was watching edhir neechal - ethana vaati pathalum salikkadha padam :bow:
and thts jus a percentage of what he has done

joe
31st January 2009, 08:02 PM

Yes. :(

Roshan
31st January 2009, 08:07 PM
Great Loss.
An all time great of Indian Cinema.

Yeah naanum pArthEn. He was quite shaken.

joe
31st January 2009, 08:17 PM
http://radiospathy.blogspot.com/2009/01/blog-post_31.html
Nagesh exclusive interview

karthik_sa2
31st January 2009, 08:42 PM
omg :cry: another legend passed away..am in tears..i love him the most next to sivaji ganeshan...his nammavar with kamal is still vivid in my eyes...may his soul rest in peace :cry:

NOV
31st January 2009, 08:42 PM
Veteran actor Nagesh passed away this morning at a City Hospital in Chennai after prolonged illness. He was 75.

Nagesh (Born on September 27, 1933) was a veteran Indian comedian actor in Kollywood who had acted in more than 1000 films. He was more than a comedian and showed his versatility in different kind of roles with ease and professional approach. As a character artiste, he moved the viewers to tears with his sensitive performance in films like Neer Kumizhi, Yarukkaga Azhuthan and Edhir Neechal.

Born as Gunddu Rao, Nagesh was born to Kannada speaking Brahmin Madhwa parents. He walked out of his house telling his parents that he would be back only after establishing himself in some career. In Chennai, he stayed in a one-room bed-sit at West Mambalam (then a remote area) with lyricist Vaali and veteran actor Srikanth. He found a small time job in the Railways but that didn't satisfy him.

One day, he saw a Tamil play 'Kambar Ramayanam' enacted by his colleagues and felt that he could do a good job. He persuaded the secretary of the Railways cultural association to give him the role of a man suffering from stomach pain. MGR, then chief guest, seeing this play praised Nagesh for his performance in his speech. From then onwards, Nagesh played small roles in various drama troupes and kept himself busy.

Career graph

It was producer Balaji who spotted him and gave him his first break in films. The most memorable performance of Nagesh out of the 1000 odd films he acted in was his role in Thiruvilayaadal, in which he spoke a soliloquy that's one of the most memorable scenes in the film. In the film, he played the role of a poet falling into bad time.

Directors like Sridhar and Balachander brought out the acting talents in Nagesh. In Kathalika Neramillai, Nagesh narrated a story to Baliah and the way it was narrated brought down the theatres. The movie Server Sundaram had Nagesh in the role of a restaurant waiter who later became a successful movie actor; case of life imitating art and art imitating life for this great comedian.

With MGR...

His close friendship with legendary superstar MGR was well known to the Tamil fraternity. MGR gave chances with good payment to Nagesh in almost all his films. His films with MGR like Vettaikkaran, Aayirathil Oruvan, Anbe Vaa, Enga Veettu Pillai and Ulagam Sutrum Vaaliban are still considered as masterpieces.

Yet another memorable performance of Nagesh was as the villainous comic pimp in Thillana Mohannambal starring Sivaji and Padmini.

His professional connection with Kamal Hassan is also well known. He was one of the four bad guys in Apoorva Sagodharargal (1989), where Kamal played three characters. In Michael Madana Kama Rajan (1990), where Kamal played four characters, Nagesh showed his funny side in his impeccable style. His character of Avinashi uttering rib tickling dialogues and great punchlines was an example of his everlasting brilliance. Later, he played a dead man in Magalir Mattum (1993) produced by Kamal Hassan.

His son Anand Babu known for his dancing skills made an impressive start as a hero but soon lost out and he is now said to be hitting the bottle. For having married a Christian, Nagesh was kept out of his family. He exhibited glimpses of the old Nagesh in the rare film appearances he made but in his personal life, he remained a loner. His last appearance was in Kamal's Dasavatharam, in which he played a goodhearted Muslim.

Oneindia.in deeply condoles the demise of Nagesh, one of the greatest actors of this era!

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/tamil/exclusive/2009/nagesh-passes-away-310109.html

Raikkonen
31st January 2009, 08:46 PM
Nooooo...... :cry: :cry:

RIP Nagesh sir.

MADDY
31st January 2009, 09:53 PM
very very sad news...... :(

dinesh2002
31st January 2009, 10:16 PM
RIP Nagesh sir... ur the engine for all the comedy tracks that were born today... ur the starter for all the modern comedy and the starter for making comedy tracks by using body language...

Om Namah Shivaya ......

vasanth2006
31st January 2009, 11:26 PM
Such a legend.....RIP.... :cry: :cry:

thamizhvaanan
31st January 2009, 11:30 PM
Even the usually stoic Kamal appeared a bit shaken on TV.YEs :(

Kamal shares a very close relationship with Nagesh and has him in the cast in almost all of his productions.

I had the same feeling when I heard Sivaji's news. Just knowing that they are there, gives us a hope that we will get to see one last show of brilliance from these legends. To know that any such possibility is gone is very sad indeed, but their performance will talk for generations to come and in that sense he is immortal :thumbsup:

Murali Srinivas
31st January 2009, 11:35 PM
மாபெரும் இழப்பு. ஒருவருக்கு பின் ஒருவராக இப்படி தமிழ் சினிமாவின் ஜாம்பவான்கள் எல்லாம் நம்மை விட்டு விட்டு போவதை நினைக்கும் போது மனது மிகுந்த வேதனை அடைகிறது. அவர் ஆன்மா சாந்தி அடையட்டும்.

thilak4life
31st January 2009, 11:43 PM
Don't believe in posterity through art. Very much shocked and Sad.

podaskie
1st February 2009, 12:12 AM
rip...

Flying Taurus
1st February 2009, 12:44 AM
R.I.P
Naagesh will ever remain through his fantastic movies

crajkumar_be
1st February 2009, 02:24 AM
Death, even of a dear one sinks in late.

crajkumar_be
1st February 2009, 02:31 AM
I am going to watch that scene in Nammavar (http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=x37kTw9LJKM)

Yathu
1st February 2009, 02:56 AM
R.I.P. :(

irir123
1st February 2009, 02:57 AM
Nagesh was one of the many film personalities whom one thought was immortal - such was the immortality of his work and the way the common cine-goer in TN could relate himself/herself to him

May His soul rest in peace

Wibha
1st February 2009, 03:19 AM
RIP :cry:

complicateur
1st February 2009, 03:30 AM
R.I.P (http://jeyamohan.in/?p=1486)

aanaa
1st February 2009, 07:04 AM
அன்னாரின் ஆத்மா சாந்தியடைய வேண்டுகின்றோம்

equanimus
1st February 2009, 07:16 AM
R.I.P. Nagesh, comedian extraordinaire.

littlemaster1982
1st February 2009, 07:20 AM
I am going to watch that scene in Nammavar (http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=x37kTw9LJKM)

I was about to quote this scene.

Rest in Peace :notworthy:

Jyothsna
1st February 2009, 09:45 AM
Cant forget that scene from Nammavar,Such a spontaneous acting...may his soul RIP :(

Shakthiprabha.
1st February 2009, 10:08 AM

முதல் முறையாய் பார்க்கிறேன்.
வார்த்தைகள் எழும்பவில்லை.

mgb
1st February 2009, 10:40 AM
what an actor.. may his soul rest in peace :(

thilak4life
1st February 2009, 10:50 AM

Thanks.

Kumar
1st February 2009, 10:52 AM
Just heard the news. This is indeed a great loss to the Indian cine world. A true actor indeed.
Thank you, Nagesh sir, for entertaining us. May your soul rest in peace.

jaaze
1st February 2009, 11:16 AM
My favourite from him is the scene in which he asks questions.That was a classic.
And can we forget the spooky story narration by him?

Deep sympathy to his family and may his soul rest in peace.

HonestRaj
1st February 2009, 01:23 PM
Nagesh avargalin aathma santhi adayattum :(

dinesh13284
2nd February 2009, 09:56 AM
RIP :(

Sourav
2nd February 2009, 09:58 AM
Rest In Peace! :(

wrap07
2nd February 2009, 10:36 AM
A legend and a genius. He is irreplaceable.

"nagachuvai nadipuuku illakanam vakuthavar.
‘In a way, the immortal song lip synched by Nagesh in ‘Neerkumuzhi’ (water bubble) - ‘After a playful life’s dance, a six feet (grave) alone is one’s real estate,’ would form an apt epitaph for the immortal Nagesh,’ actor, political commentator and former co-star Cho S. Ramaswamy told IANS.

‘Not many would know today that the topmost stars of his time - MGR and Sivaji Ganeshan - sometimes had to wait for him on the sets as distributors insisted on Nagesh’s presence in a film. Due to so many assignments, he could allocate only two hours per film per day,’ recalled Ramaswamy.

May his soul rest in peace :(

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
2nd February 2009, 07:39 PM
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ET_Cetera/Comedy_king_Nagesh_breathes_his_last/articleshow/4057936.cms

CHENNAI: With his fast movements and equally fast-paced dialogues he takes you on a joyride and makes you laugh through the entire length of the film. But, when the closing credits start to roll, what stays with you is melancholy and poignancy.

Veteran Tamil actor Nagesh, who enthralled viewers with his humour for decades, died in Chennai on Saturday due to a prolonged illness.

As actor for more than five decades, Nagesh had an uncanny ability to fuse humour and sadness, in most of the roles he essayed on screen.

A spontaneous comedian who sent viewers into peals of laughter with his superb timing and body language, Nagesh was a tough act to follow, say industry compatriots, film critics and friends who interacted with him over the last few decades.

They are also quick to add that his super star status did not spill over to his personality. They remember him as a generous, simple person minus the fussiness of an industry veteran. They also credit him with making comedy, an indispensable part of cinema and not just a sidetrack.

"He made the role of a comedian the most indispensable and important part of films. When he was at his peak, he could devote only two hours per film per day. Even Sivaji Ganesan and MGR had to wait for him to come to the set. He was such a crowd puller that distributors insisted on Nagesh being there for all the films then," said actor, playwright and political analyst Cho Ramasamy, who also shared screen space with Nagesh.

Nagesh's inimitable style and dialogue delivery is something that top-notch comedy actors strive for till date.

"When you deliver lines at break neck speed, you tend to lose clarity. But, Nagesh combined speed and clarity and was easily the master at it. You may come across actors who try to imitate his body language but his talking style was unique. It cannot be mimicked," said actor Vivek, a leading comedian in Tamil cinema.

Nagesh, who hailed from Karnataka, came to Chennai to realise his dreams of making it big, in some industry or the other.

Acting wasn't at the top of his mind, when he came to the city. But, with a room mate like lyricist Vaali, the interest in plays and acting caught on soon enough. He went on to act in nearly 1,000 films.

"He brought in a new style of comedy modelled on Hollywood actor Jerry Lewis. At that time, the comedy was more verbal but Nagesh brought along body language and movements. He essayed some very serious roles in his later movies," said film historian Theodore Bhaskaran, whose personal favourite is a lesser-known black and white classic, "Yaarukkaga Azhuthan", scripted and directed by acclaimed writer Jayakanthan.

Evergreen Nagesh favourites include "Ethir Neechal", "Thillana Moganambal", "Major Chandrakanth", "Kadhalika Neramillai", "Server Sundaram" and "Thiruvillaiyadal." His last film was the Kamal Hassan starrer Dasavatharam, which released last year.

Some of Nagesh's ardent fans in the corporate world include Pepsi Co CEO Indra Nooyi and HCL Technologies founder Shiv Nadar. In earlier interviews to ET, Nooyi's mother revealed that her daughter enjoyed Tamil classic starring Nagesh. On the other hand, Shiv Nadar is said to have a DVD collection comprising every film that Nagesh has appeared in.

crajkumar_be
2nd February 2009, 08:11 PM
Watching that scene is extremely depressing...

Manushan adhula kooda comedy pannirukkaan-ya..

Vivasaayi
2nd February 2009, 08:16 PM
Watching that scene is extremely depressing...

Manushan adhula kooda comedy pannirukkaan-ya..

in aboorva sagodharargal climax,even while hanging in the rope above the lions

mupathu varushathukku munaadi nadandhadhu..ippo keatta epdi nyabagam irukkum"[

in a very funny tone

in the whole movie - he is funny in the intense scenes

"idha paruyya namma vakeelukku kobam varudhu"

"ennada pathidhan irukku meedhi enga?"

"yarda avan jambo..avanayum vanla yethungada"

Vivasaayi
2nd February 2009, 08:17 PM
bheem kanna...andha locker number enna?

thilak4life
2nd February 2009, 08:18 PM
"ennada pathidhan irukku meedhi enga?"

"yarda avan jambo..avanayum vanla yethungada"

:rotfl:

Avadi to America
2nd February 2009, 09:22 PM
I barely remember that he acted in hindi remake of "Nenjil oor aalayam".... i do not know how many movies he acted in other languages. Anybody knows?

jaiganes
2nd February 2009, 09:29 PM
he acted in telugu remake of Uyarndha manidhan in the role ofa cook. some of my telugu friends say that he acted in quite a good number of telugu movies along with ANR.
He also has directed a telugu movie 'murattodu' (muradan).
Thanks to PFC readers for this info

Thalafanz
3rd February 2009, 06:59 AM
Rest In Peace Nagesh Ayya :cry2:
Condolences to his family, relatives and all Thamizh cinema lovers.

Cinemarasigan
3rd February 2009, 11:07 AM
RIP, One of the finest actors of India..

joe
3rd February 2009, 11:16 AM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/Events/17385.html

groucho070
4th February 2009, 07:22 AM
At any given opportunity, Kamal will never miss out in talking about Nagesh's influence in his career.

K.B used to prod and incite him all times saying that Nagesh would do better in this scene or that scene that Kamal did then. And Kamal would rush out to see Nagesh if he is in shooting nearby and used to be "jealous" of the great character actor cum comedian.

And I used to joke with brother that it is Kamal's secret intention to keep on spying on the actor and try to better him when he cast Nagesh in most of his productions.

Even late in the game, he never fails to amuse us. I really liked his role in Pori. He gave it additional layer, with humour that comes with his age and wisdom.

A great loss...one by one...the lights that flickered the golden age of Tamizh cinema is slowly dimming.

complicateur
4th February 2009, 07:49 AM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/Events/17385.html
As PR said Kamal is visibly moved. The man will definitely be missed. He is also very accurate in that it would be a disgrace if he went down as only a comic genius (which he undoubtedly is). He is so much more.

thamiz
4th February 2009, 07:56 AM
At any given opportunity, Kamal will never miss out in talking about Nagesh's influence in his career.

Can you cite few please? Thanks :D

joe
4th February 2009, 08:48 AM
The Classic Dharumi
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3929051354812757412&hl=en

joe
4th February 2009, 03:52 PM
[tscii:d9f95371ed]நாகேஷின் நினைவில் கமல்!

தமிழ் சினிமாவின் நகைச்சுவை ஜாம்பவான் களில் முக்கியமான பெயர்! எல்லோரையும் திகட்டத் திகட்டச் சிரிக்கவைத்த நாகேஷ், ஜனவரி 31-ம் தேதி மாரடைப்பால் காலமாகி, அத்தனை பேரையும் கண்ணீர் சிந்தவைத்துவிட்டார்.

ஒரு காமெடியன் ஹீரோவாகி, 'சர்வர் சுந்தரம்', 'எதிர்நீச்சல்', 'நீர்க்குமிழி', 'அனுபவி ராஜா அனுபவி' என்று தொடர்ந்து ஜெயித்த முதல் நடிகர் நாகேஷ்!

தமிழ் சினிமாவில் எம்.ஜி.ஆர்., சிவாஜி போன்ற ஹீரோக்களுக்காகப் படப்பிடிப்பில் நெடுநேரம் காத் திருந்த நகைச்சுவை நடிகர்களுக்கிடையே... அந்த மாபெரும் ஜாம்பவான்களே நாகேஷின் நேரத்துக்காகக் காத்திருந்த சந்தர்ப்பங்களும் உண்டு.

கடந்த சில நாட்களாக உடல் நலமில்லாமல் அடையாறில் உள்ள தன்னுடைய கடைசிமகன்ராஜேஷ் பாபு வீட்டில் சிகிச்சை பெற்று வந்தார் நாகேஷ். மறைவுச் செய்தி கேட்டு, அவருடைய உடலுக்கு ரஜினி யுடன் அஞ்சலி செலுத்த வந்த கமல்... நெடுநேரம் நாகேஷின் வீட்டிலேயே சோகம் அப்பிய முகத்தோடு காணப்பட்டார்.

கமலிடம் சிறிதுநேரம் பேசியபோது நாகேஷ் பற்றிய தன் நினைவலைகளைப் பகிர்ந்துகொண்டார்.

''நடிப்பைப் பொறுத்தவரை என்னுடைய ஆதர்சபுருஷர்களின் பட்டியலில் சிவாஜி, நாகேஷ் இருவரும் முக்கியமானவர்கள். சிவாஜியின் இறப்பு எனக்குள் எந்தளவுக்கு பாதிப்பை ஏற்படுத்தியதோ... அதே போல், நாகேஷின் மரணமும் என்னை நிலைகுலைய வைத்திருக்கிறது. நாகேஷை 'வாடா... போடா' என்று வாஞ்சையாக அழைக்கும் உரிமை படைத்த ஒரே நபர் கவிஞர் வாலி. அவரிடம் கேட்டால், 'நாகேஷ் நினைத்தால் என்னைப் போல் பாடலை எளிதாக எழுதிவிடுவான்' என்கிறார். நாகேஷை நாயகனாக்கி அழகுபார்த்த என் குருநாதர் பாலசந்தரிடம் பேசினால், 'திரைப்படத்தை இயக்குவது நாகேஷ§க்கு கம்பசூத்திரமல்ல' என்று புகழ்கிறார். பல்துறையில் உள்ள வித்தகர்களாலும் நாகேஷின் புத்திசாலித்தனம் பிரமிக்கப்படுகிறது.

பொதுவாக என்னுடைய அலுவலகத்தில் யாருடைய போட்டோவையும் மாட்டி வைக்கும் பழக்கமில்லை. குறிப்பாக, நான் யாருடனாவது சேர்ந்திருக்கும் படங்கள் இருப்பதில்லை, நாகேஷ§டன் நான் சேர்ந்து நிற்கும் ஒரேயரு புகைப்படத்தைத் தவிர! அந்த போட்டோவில் நாகேஷ் என்கிற மகாகலைஞனை அணுஅணுவாக ரசித்து சிலாகித்து நிற்கும் ரசிகன் மனோபாவத்தோடு தான் நான் நிற்கிறேன். திரையுலகில் நாகேஷின் நடிப்பை ரசிப்பவர்கள் அனை வரும் ஒருங்கிணைந்து 'ஃபேன் கிளப்' ஒன்று ஆரம்பித்திருந்தால், அதற்கு அன்று முதல் இன்று வரை நான்தான் தலைவராக இருந்திருப்பேன். இதில் மாற்றுக் கருத்து இல்லை.

நகைச்சுவை என்பது நாகேஷின் ரத்தத்தில் கலந்தது. ஒரு படப்பிடிப்பின் இடைவேளை யில், மதிய உணவின்போது சிக்கன் லெக் பீஸை தட்டில் வேகமாகத் தட்டினேன். அதைப் பார்த்த நாகேஷ், 'ஏம்ப்பா, அதான் ஏற்கெனவே கோழி செத்துடுச்சே... அதையேன் மறுபடியும் மறுபடியும் அடிச்சு சாகடிக்கிறே...' என்று சொல்ல... யூனிட்டே கொல்லென்று சிரித்தது. அது மாதிரி இன்னொரு முறை பாழடைந்த வீடு ஒன்றில் ஷ¨ட்டிங். மோட்டு வளையத்தில் ஒட்டடை அதிகமாக இருந்தது. அதைப் பார்த்த ஒருவர், 'அந்த ஒட்டடைய அடிங்கப்பா...' என்று சொல்ல... அங்கிருந்த நாகேஷ், 'ஒட்டடைய அடிச்சா... பாவம் அது விழுந்துடும்...' என்றார். 'அடிச்சா கீழ விழத்தானே செய் யும்' என்று அந்த நபர் பதிலுரைக்க... 'ஒட்டடைய சொல்லலை. வீடே விழுந் துடும்... ஏன்னா, வீட்டுல ஒட்டடை ஒட்டிக்கிட்டு இல்லை. வீடே ஒட்டடை பலத் துலதான் விழாம இருக்கு...' என்று துளிகூட சிரிக்காமல் சொல்லி, அந்த இடத்தையே கலகலப்பாக்கினார்.

அடிக்கடி நகைச்சுவைக் கதை சொல்வதிலும் அவர் வல்லவர். 'ஆறு வயதுச் சிறு வனுடைய அப்பா இறந்து விடுகிறார். அவருடைய திவசத்தின்போது மகன் சோற்றைப் பிண்டமாகப் பிடித்து வைக்கிறான். அதைப் பார்த்த அவன் அம்மா 'ஐயோ, என்மகன் என்ன அழகா பிண்டத்தைப் பிடிச்சு வைக்கிறான். இதைப் பார்க்கறதுக்கு அவங்க அப்பா இல்லியே...' என்று புலம்பினார்' என்று சொன்னார் நாகேஷ். நான் தயாரித்த 'மகளிர் மட்டும்' படத்தில் 'உயிரோட்டம்' மிகுந்த பிணமாக பிரமாதமாக நடித்திருப்பார் நாகேஷ். இதோ, இங்கே கண்ணாடிப் பெட்டிக்குள் பிரேதமாகக் கிடத்தப்பட்டிருக்கிறார். இதுவும் படப்பிடிப்பில் நடக்கும் ஒரு காட்சியாக இருக்கக்கூடாதா என்று மனசு அடித்துக்கொள்கிறது...'' என்றார் கலங்கிய விழிகளுடன் கமல்.

''ஆடி அடங்கும் வாழ்க்கையடா!'' என்று பாடிய நாகேஷை, கண்ணாடிப் பெட்டிக்குள் நெருங்கிப் பார்த்தோம். கமல் உணர்வு நமக்குள்ளும் அப்படியே வியாபித்தது.

-junior vikatan
[/tscii:d9f95371ed]

joe
5th February 2009, 08:21 AM
KB on Nagesh
http://awardakodukkaranga.wordpress.com/2009/02/05/இரும்பு-மனசுக்காரர்-நாகே/

Shakthiprabha.
5th February 2009, 12:20 PM
:bow: and for kb's link :ty:

Shakthiprabha.
5th February 2009, 12:21 PM
The Classic Dharumi
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3929051354812757412&hl=en

perfect body language depecting anxiety, tension, frustration, excitement, hesitation.

wow!

thanks joe for sharing this video. Ive been trying tv vide for past 3 days but in vain (what I could spot were pathetic remix or copies of original )

Murali Srinivas
15th February 2009, 02:02 AM
YGee. Mahendra on behalf of Bharath Kalachaar had organised a meeting today, titled Saluations to the King of Comedy. The function was arranged to celebrate Nagesh (YGeeM said it is celebration and not condolence because Nagesh brought cheers all around). Meeting was addressed by Cho, Chitralaya Gopu, Sachu, V.S. Raghavan, Vietnam Veedu Sundaram, Mrs. Y.Gee.P and Manorama.

Mahendra was right. There was more laughter and joy around as the anectodes told by the speakers revealed the humour side of Nagesh much more. Some excerpts

Cho: Since he had to go for another function, Cho spoke first. He talked about the general things. How Nagesh was an unavoidable factor in Tamil cinema even for films which had Sivaji and MGR in the lead. How he used to be there in 45 out of 55 films released in a year.[நானும் தேங்காய் சீனிவாசனும் மிச்ச பத்து படத்திலே நடிப்போம்]. Cho said that when he started a drama troupe, there were so many doing so much variety and that's the reason why he took up political subjects.

Chitralaya Gopu recalled the earlier days of Nagesh. He remembered having met Nagesh while he and Sridhar went to meet Balaji and it was Balaji who strongly recommended Nagesh to Sridhar. They booked him for Nenjil Oru Aalayam. Gopu said on the first day Nagesh called him Mr.Gopu, later as Gopu sir and within a day it became டேய் கோபு. Gopu recalled that while shooting for Nenjil Oru Aalayam, there was a shooting planned at Chengalpattu and Nagesh who was engaged in another shooting was supposed to come directly there. But as Devika was indisposed the shooting was cancelled. Nagesh who had reached there could not even get the information from the shooting spot and had to catch a bus back to Chennai finally. Gopu added that after Kadhalikka Neramillai, their bond strengthened. Nagesh always used to publicly admit that it was gopu's dialogue that gave him the scope. Gopu dwelt about one particular aspect of Nagesh's character. He was uncompromising on the renumeration part. He would not complete the film without getting his full payment. He would always demand and get it. But at the same time Gopu recalled with gratitude that Nagesh had acted around 10 films directed by gopu and he never demanded anything from the producer. He quoed one particular incident. Both went for a marriage. Gopu had enquired எவ்வளவு மொய் எழுதப் போறே? Nagesh replied நூறு ரூபாய். Gopu "நீ எவ்வளவு பெரிய ஆளு, நீ போய் நூறு ரூபாய் எழுதலாமா?" Nagesh's counter "அதுக்காக என் வீட்டையே எழுத முடியுமா? உனக்கு மாசம் அஞ்சு இன்விடேஷன் வருது. எனக்கு ஐந்நூறு இன்விடேஷன் வருது. என் நிலைமையை யோசி. இனிமே என்கூட கல்யாணத்துக்கு வராதே". Gopu talked about the பாரதி விழா function organised by NT at எட்டயபுரம் and people swarming Nagesh much to the discomfort of Thangavelu who was also present there.

Next was V.S. Raghavan. He recollected his frienship with Nagesh and spoke about the same aspect as highlighted by Gopu and said that Nagesh had advised him about this also. He had a strong reason for such a behaviour.[உழைக்கிறோம். அதுக்கான காசைத்தான் கேட்கிறோம். இதிலே வெட்கப்படறதுக்கு ஒண்ணுமில்லே]. Raghavan recalled two incidents. The first one was about Nagesh having to act with Sivaji for a particular movie. Sivaji was waiting and Nagesh was in another set. Knowing about NT's punctuality, Nagesh had called up the electrician of the Studio and asked him to cut the power supply. The electrician did it. Nagesh finished his portion at the other spot and once he entered this studio gave the signal to the electrician and power was restored.[என்ன கரண்ட் இல்லையா? பார்த்தீங்களா, நான் வந்தேன் கரண்ட் வந்துடுச்சு]. The second was about Poovellam Un Vaasam. Raghavan had casually told Nagesh that the producer had approached him for a grand father's role for that movie. After a day or two when the producer had approached Nagesh for acting in the same movie for the grand father's role, Nagesh refused stating that he will not do what Raghavan was supposed to do. Only when it was clarified that both were there as grand fathers, he agreed to act.

Sachu came to the mike and said that if at all she had learnt acting it was only due to Nagesh. She said that in her earlier days, she would simply stand dumb because Nagesh would do spontaneous dialogue delivery with his own words. She recollected the scene from Kadhalikka Neramillai where Nagesh teaches her how to act [என்ன கையை நீட்டறே சுண்டலா?]. She talked about the dance sequence of Malarendra mugam ondru from KN and said that even she a learned dancer found it difficult to cope with Nagesh's speed and timing. She talked about one outdoor shoot of Baghdad Perazhagi. They had finished the shooting but while doing the dubbing they found that the dialogue sheet had been lost. Nagesh observed the lip movement and they wrote the dialogue based on that and dubbed. Such was his mastery, Sachu said.

Vietnam Veedu Sundaram was the next one. he said that he came to Madras and on the very first day of arrival which was very early morning and he without any money in his hand had found a name board saying club house and there was a bed in the thinnai, unoccupied. He slept on it. In the Morning he was tied to the bed and questioned as the inmates thought that he was a thief. Nagesh was one among the inmates and he asked him why he had slept on the bed. VVS replied அசதியா இருந்தது. Nagesh immediately gave a counter வசதியானவன் படுக்கிறதுடா பெட். But from that day onwards, VVS stayed with Nagesh. He recalled about a recent incident when he had met him to tell him about the revival of Vietnam Veedu play by Mahendra and Nagesh had blessed him. Making fun of his own health Nagesh had remarked நான் முந்திண்டா நேக்கு, நீ முந்திண்டா நோக்கு.

Mrs. Y.G.P recalled the olden days when Nagesh was part of their U.A.E troupe. She said that even after making big in cinema, he had the same respect for her and YGP. She jokularly said that if Nagesh calls her during the academic year admission, definitely it would be for a seat. But he would not straightaway come to the subject and after talking about all other things, would ask and he would not take a No. She also recollected how he used to take money from both her and YGP without the other knowing about it.

Last was Manorama. But Achhi was emotional and brief. She talked about their first film together. She talked about Deivathin Deivam directed by KSG where a duet song recorded for Nagesh and Manorama had to be dropped because Nagesh could not dance. The same Nagesh learnt dance from Sundaram master who was working as an assistant to Thangappan Master. And he developed a style of his own. Manorama further added that people used to say that Nagesh was influenced by Jerry Lewis. But she asked can Jerry Lewis ever do Dharumi, Vaithi and Maadhu?. She fondly recalled the function organised to facilitate her on winning Padamshree and Nagesh on his own coming to the dias and congratulating her. She finished her speech by saying that there can be only one Nagesh.

But it was Mahendra who acted as the compere gave so much info on Nagesh and his timing. His comments were

About the Thangavelu incident, Mahendra talked about a scene in Nam Nadu - second half. Nagesh comes in as the servant of MGR and holds a big dog. Thangavelu would come near him and ask நாயா? Nagesh immediately countered him with பின்னே நீயா. Thangavelu taken aback by this went and requested MGR to cut the scene. MGR agreed but in the end decided to retain it.

About Nagesh's timing and his boldness to speak on his own even against MGR and Sivaji was highlighed by YGeeM. He recalled in Galatta Kalyanam, in a particular scene, when NT asks என்னடா டயலாகா for which Nagesh replied on his own ஏம்பா, உனக்கு முன்னாடி யாரும் டயலாக் பேசக்கூடாதா?.

With MGR he went a step further. In Anbe Vaa when MGR asks இந்த வீட்டிலே யாரு இருக்காங்க for which Nagesh replies கண்டவனெல்லாம் இருக்கான், உன்னையும் சேர்த்து. An unimaginable dialogue in a MGR film and that too in a face to face scene.

Mahendra recalled about Nagesh's comment on the current comedy crop. சில பேருக்கு டைமிங் நல்லா இருக்கு. சில பேருக்கு டைம் நல்லா இருக்கு.

Mahendra said that Nagesh's humour sense is so great that even when he is in a midst of grief, he used to joke. He recalled that Nagesh was sitting by the side of YGP's body all night when he passed away as Mahendra was not in station. It seems that Mahendra's cousin had helped him with coffee, tea etc and Nagesh enquired with VV Sundaram whether the boy is a Bank employee. Sundaram nodded his head and asked him how did he find out for which Nagesh replied இல்லே, எதை பேசினாலும் on account of -னு ஆரம்பிக்கிறான்.

Mahendra requested the media people not to confer the title of Genius on all and sundry. He said that Tamil cinema had/has only four geniuses and they are Sivaji, Nagesh, Kannadasan and MS Viswanathan. We have not honoured the first three while they were alive and so he requested all to atleast honour MSV.

There was clippings from various Nagesh movies under different titles. First was Nagesh with Gopu and Sridhar. Kadhalikka Neramillai story narrating scene and a scene from Kalaikovil where Nagesh comes in an intoxicated state were shown. Then Nagesh and his comedy tracks were shown. Naanum Oru Penn and Kadhalikka Neramillai scene [the one which I described earlier] were screened. His various expressions and walking styles from the film Server Sundaram was shown.

Then came Nagesh as the dancer. Avalukkenna song from Server Sundaram and Vanna Vizhi medai from Neerkumizhi [what a dance- the whole auditorium clapped] was shown. Ammano Samiyo from Naan and Appappa Naan Appanalada from Galatta Kalyanam followed. Nootrukku Nooru was shown for Mahendra -Nagesh combo.

Nagesh's combo with MGR. Anbe Vaa and Kasikku pogum song from Chandrodayam were screened. Then came Then Mazhai scene involving Nagesh, Cho and Major.

Nagesh - Manorama combo was the next. Saraswathy Sabatham and Anubavi Raja Anubavi movie song முத்து குளிக்க வாரீகளா were shown.

NT- Nagesh combo started with கேள்வி பிறந்தது அன்று from Pachhai vilakku followed by the greatest Dharumi. Savadal Vaithi came next and Ooty Varai Uravu followed.

The next was KB- Nagesh combo and we were treated with clippings from Ethir Neechal, Poova Thalaiyaa, Iru Kodugal and Bama Vijayam [என்னமோ ஒரு படம்.ஒரே படம். இவங்க நல்லா நடிச்சிருப்பாங்க].

The curtains came down on the clippings with the scene from Nammavar. The whole auditorium gave a standing ovation.

Anand Babu thanked everyone on behalf of the family.

It was a simple function but even a function arranged on a larger scale of grandeour could not have been better. A real tribute to Nagesh, one of the great actors. Hats off to YGeeM.

Regards

abkhlabhi
17th February 2009, 04:23 PM
wonderful write up. It is really sad that he didnot get any national award like NT. Once again our Govt.proud the national award is a joke. (since one of the tamil comedian got Padmashri (recomm.- KK)

bingleguy
17th February 2009, 05:33 PM
:clap: for Murali ...

Nagesh is very much remembered for his funny acts n timely cracking of jokes ... Excellent delivery in movies like Server Sundaram, Kadhalikka Neramillai, Major Chandrakanth, Neerkumizhi, Ethir Neechal and much more .....

May his soul rest in peace ...

groucho070
18th February 2009, 09:37 AM
Thanks for sharing, Murali-sar. YGM is certainly doing a good job making us remember the Legends.

wrap07
20th February 2009, 04:20 PM
Murali sir,

beautiful writeup. wihtout seeing this, I had posted a small brief in Nadigar Thilagam thread. It was quite an evening.
http://www.hindu.com/fr/2009/02/20/stories/2009022050710400.htm