PDA

View Full Version : Has tfmpage lost its charm?

dude
13th January 2005, 09:31 AM
Has tfmpage lost its charm, or is it just me? I am a frequent visitor to tfmpage and a semi-frequent poster. But ever since the tfmpage took its new avatar, there seems to be less and less of action here. Where have all the regular posters gone?

I request the admin not to close this thread or move it to the 'Comments' section. I want people to look at the thread topic, come in and post their thoughts...

jaiganes
13th January 2005, 10:11 AM
Its just that now the hub has million other things apart from just tfm, so as a result the crowd is dispersed in various threads, making you feel, why are there no frequent replies that used to be there previously. Personally, I like the emoticons and other cool tools in this hub.

dude
13th January 2005, 10:51 AM
Jaiganes,

True, the new DF is great, I love it! But it is just that I feel the enthu and vigor with which people used to post, that is missing...

Cinefan
13th January 2005, 11:00 AM
Even i feel the enthu is not there anymore.Also so many regular posters have gone missing&even the one's still there don't post frequently.the new look is good but it is preventing more participation :cry:

MrJudge
13th January 2005, 11:08 AM
Yes, even I feel the same. Instead of spilting the topics into sections, one flat stripped down version like the previous df will draw more people. Though "lite view" mimics the old one, somehow it does not feel like it. On the contrary, the new df has lot of features which will be good in the long run. I hope people will take some time to adjust to the new df.

Ravi_odiyur
14th January 2005, 08:44 AM
Well I too had the same feeling as 'dude' about the new forum. Though its definitely a good initiative, I wonder if the new design helps. The old one seemed better (or probably we got used to it). But the tfmpage should continue. Apart from the entertainment angle, its a treasure trove of information. I could get information about so many songs/singers/music thru' this forum. And yes, I miss the old/regular participants too. Wonder if they are still around with different pseudo names.

eden
14th January 2005, 11:11 PM
It's quite difficult to better the best:-)

The `original' TFMDF is one of the best forums seen in the web IMHO and that's why I still use the `lite' version to post / view. This is in a way better than the old IMHO, because of the `sections' as one need not browse through 100's of thread titles...I miss the `old responses', however, that helps taste the new look DF, which we'll all get used to and start appreciating the newer features in time.

I haven't tried from my home yet (with analog phone line modem, similar to what I had in India) on the new look pages, can comment on the speed after that...

Vetri
15th January 2005, 09:33 AM
I think it is...probably until we get used to this.... any new change always has trouble to be accepted immediately unless it is very appealing suddenly....otherwise... it is like Einstein's theory getting accepted against Newton's theory getting accepted against Aristotle's theory...

:)

RR
15th January 2005, 09:55 AM
Thanks for all the comments. Positive or negative, they are always useful. If you have any specific suggestions that we can implement, pls post them.

Instead of spilting the topics into sections, one flat stripped down version like the previous df will draw more people.

MrJudge: The new TFM Portal is meant to address this concern. Take a look and give me your verdict

http://tfmpage.com/hub/portal.php?c=2

It'll replace the TFMPage.Com frontpage eventually.

MrJudge
15th January 2005, 08:56 PM
RR:

Yes, the new one looks good. Let me get back to you if I have any suggestions.

I tried to log in from the lite view but it takes me to the full view automatically. Any idea why this happens?

RR
15th January 2005, 09:40 PM
Judge: Right now lite view is mainly for viewing topics & posting. For all other things, you'll have to go to the default phpbb view. But login is a onetime job. Once logged in, you shd be able to visit lite view & post normally.
Note that 'Lite view' is an interim arrangement. We would like everyone to move to the TFM portal ultimately.

Music4Ever
16th January 2005, 05:46 AM
The new format is excellent.

Santosha
16th January 2005, 05:13 PM
Since Saravanan has gone from this forum everything seems dull and drab.
One wonders where is he??
Can someone clarify?

dinesh2002
16th January 2005, 06:35 PM
hi guys!!! thats true that TFM has gone a lil down (with the amount of post)...coz i too used to post allot those days,now days i do post,but less then what i have post earlier...well...mabby coz we have to logg in & all...lets see whether it grows near future...babye!!

Thiru
16th January 2005, 07:55 PM
FYI, dinesh and others,
You can choose Remember password in your pc (while logging in)so that you dont have to login everytime. The new DF portal combined with this is as easy as the old TFM page..

dinesh2002
16th January 2005, 09:35 PM
yo man...how r u ???yes pa...ofcource all of us know that,but u know,incase we delete the IE cookies,to clean our hardrive & all,yea,we have to type in again & again...well...ofcource the latest TFM looks grand & profesional!!!

Jambu Paran
16th January 2005, 09:49 PM
vantutten!!!!!!!!!!

C~P
17th January 2005, 11:01 AM
hi :)

Cinefan
17th January 2005, 11:32 AM
Welcome Paran&C~P :D

C~P
17th January 2005, 11:48 AM
Cinefan, eppadi irukeenga? Innum thavaraama links ellam kodukkareengala? :)

MumbaiRamki
17th January 2005, 12:01 PM
I think these persons are not seen frequently .in this ......Probably one IR or ARR album will do the magic ...

1.NagaS
2.Suresh
3.Thiru
4.OISG
5.Mythila

I do like this ,though it takes some patience to appreciate this ..... :roll:

NOV
17th January 2005, 01:22 PM
Thiru posts extensively. In fact he is a moderator in many sections.
I have seen Mythila's posts too.
Let us await the rest of the people with expectations.

We must also not forget that some of the old timers may have taken a new avatar here. ;)

NagaS
17th January 2005, 01:32 PM
Mumbai Ramki,

Thanks for remembering me, I am here as nagas_baan :)

NagaS

NOV
17th January 2005, 01:59 PM
Welcome Naga S! :D

Cinefan
17th January 2005, 05:34 PM
C~P,Ippadi variteengale :)

Anyway,the arrival of the new DF has coincided with me losing the enthu to post links or have i failed to read interesting info which i can post here,God only knows.i expect to resume doing it when 'Mumbai express'releases :lol:

dude
17th January 2005, 09:13 PM
A BIG welcome back to everyone. :D :D

Mr. Judge, were you called Nattamai in your previous life :wink:

C~P
17th January 2005, 10:13 PM
Cinefan,
Just jolly :)
But yeah, Kamal starrers always keep u on ur toes. "Kamal News Anandan"-nu ungalukku oru patta paer kodukkalaam :)

dude,
Naatamai to Mr.Judge..promotion-a? :D

dude
17th January 2005, 10:25 PM
Finally C~P is back here... :-D

dude,
Naatamai to Mr.Judge..promotion-a?

- Ellam oru logic daan ;-)

kiru
18th January 2005, 07:13 AM
I think the charm has increased.
Maybe some of you guys miss the 'mischief' that some 'trolls' create :-)

Thiru
18th January 2005, 07:16 AM
Good to see everyone back in action... :clap:

NOV
18th January 2005, 07:52 AM
Good to see everyone back in action... :clap:pudhu hub-le 520+ post pOtta Thiruvukku ellaarum oru oh pOdunga paa! :D

Cinefan
18th January 2005, 10:43 AM
C~P,Ippadi oru patta peyara? Am honoured&I take a bow :)

Santosha
18th January 2005, 01:12 PM
Since Saravanan has gone from this forum everything seems dull and drab.
One wonders where is he??
Can someone clarify?

hehehewalrus
18th January 2005, 03:06 PM
One important thing I observe is this:

In olden days, the energy of each fan was more. When attacked, an IR fan could emit the monthly capacity of a nuclear reactor in a single post. To counter that an ARR fan's reply will have enough charge to electrify an entire village.

However, today, all the potential energy gets converted into kinetic energy due to the process of logging in and ultimately gets lost :) Hence, absence of fights. But some generators may still work.

vel1970
18th January 2005, 04:28 PM
yAr irundhal enna pOnal enna. if v hv interest v can all make the discussions live. b happy with the current status :wink:

Jambu Paran
18th January 2005, 06:03 PM
few situational songs....(we need to related to TFM..somehow..isn't it)

Kavalai padathe sagothara...
Yenngamma Mariayamma, kathalattan serttu vaipa...
kavalai padathe sagothara....
Ponal pogattum poda,
inthe Internet-til, nilaya valvathu yarada

jaiganes
19th January 2005, 08:32 AM
Hello Vel1970 is it our raaga king vel ramanan?

vel1970
19th January 2005, 09:47 AM
jaigens illappa.

namba ellarum analum irukkarada vittuttu parakkarada pudikka asai padarom. lets take oath. v'll make this new forum grand & intersting. :!:

C~P
19th January 2005, 11:04 PM
TFMPage will never lose its charm as long as there is sakkalathi sandai for Karthik :D

SN23
21st January 2005, 10:34 AM
TFMP has never lost its charam. It is getting better day by day.

Pazhayana kazhidhalum pudhiana pughudhalum sagajam thaan. Ellam nanmaikke :)

LordLabakuDas
22nd January 2005, 06:23 PM
Quite Interesting !! :-)

magix
22nd January 2005, 06:53 PM
LLD!!! Hiii!!! :)

24th January 2005, 05:48 AM
magix picture - chinna kozhandha karate pazhagudha? :D Illa Boost kudichittu kudhikudha?

Cacaphonix
25th January 2005, 01:51 PM
illaa

mag baby picture nadakka kaththukkudhu :)

hehehewalrus
26th January 2005, 05:12 AM
Cacaphonix, vaanga...vaanga...:D

magix
26th January 2005, 12:45 PM
Calvin avalo pseudo-intellectual-philosophical qns kekararaan.. nadakka kaththukaraan soleetengale! :)

dude
26th January 2005, 08:26 PM
Calvin avalo pseudo-intellectual-philosophical qns kekararaan.. nadakka kaththukaraan soleetengale! :)

Actually, thats how he always walks... Whats the big deal? :huh:

- Hobbes

NOV
27th January 2005, 07:28 AM
so this page has become another joke page like karthik page.
hmmm. nadaththunga.

dude
27th January 2005, 08:38 AM
so this page has become another joke page like karthik page.
hmmm. nadaththunga.

I am sorry, but is that a problem?

RR
27th January 2005, 09:30 AM
dude,
On Karthik's page at least the discussions seem to revolve around the topic, but look what's happening here. Calvin's walk and 'tfmpage's charm' ? :)

dude
27th January 2005, 10:32 AM
RR,

I am surprised that you dont see it :o

What we have been talking about is a direct result of the new 'Avatars' feature in the new tfmpage. Magix has an avatar of 'Calvin' and my avatar is 'Hobbes' (of Calvin and Hobbes fame). Some people may not know it but calvin and hobbes is one the funniest comic strips and is famous world wide.

Any person viewing this discussion in the 'Lite view' will not have any idea about what we are talking about. Maybe they will get curious and come to the 'Full view' and then maybe they will look at this cool new feature in tfmpage.com, which has actually increased tfmpage's charm.

What is the use of having an avatar if you cant comment about it once in a while...

Kupps
27th January 2005, 10:37 AM
Walrus vaNakkam :)

LLD, Magix, Super * vaNakkam to you all too ;)

RR
27th January 2005, 12:16 PM
dude, you remind me of the essay-writing competition on 'pasu maadu' topic, where someone who only knew the 'thennai maram' essay, wrote about 'thennai maram' all through and finally added a line "ippadippatta thennai marathil thaan pasu maattai kattuvaargal".. :D

hehehewalrus
27th January 2005, 06:07 PM
RR,
:rotfl:

madhu
27th January 2005, 06:09 PM
Hi RR !

appadipatta thennai marathil veru mattai kattalama ? :D

Aw ! adikka varadheenga ! nan odi poyidaren !

Really ippo nijamagave charming aga irukku ... :lol:

dude
27th January 2005, 07:46 PM
RR,

Good that you saw through me... I tried to BS my way out with a serious tone :D
But now, you really have gone astray from the original topic, right? What does pasu maadu and thennai maram have to do with tfmpage's charm???

incissor
27th January 2005, 08:53 PM
hey realy,
this is true.it lost its fame.

NERUPPU
27th January 2005, 11:58 PM
itsa far too complicated..simplicity is the best aspect for a forum..

eden
28th January 2005, 01:29 AM
NERUPPU,
I suggest try the lite version...which is same as old DF (except the old responses)...

curryleaf
28th January 2005, 12:59 PM
ROFL @ RR [for thennai maram & pasu maadu essay comment]

C~P
5th February 2005, 03:46 PM
:roll:

baba88
5th February 2005, 04:05 PM
Yes,

Tfmpage.Com is boring now.
First you must Register then you must login to post.
I hate this. The old Tfmpage was much better. If you want to post a message in the old Tfmpage you just need to write and submit.
So this is my Opinion.

jaaze
4th March 2009, 06:42 PM
Yes,

Tfmpage.Com is boring now.
First you must Register then you must login to post.
I hate this. The old Tfmpage was much better. If you want to post a message in the old Tfmpage you just need to write and submit.
So this is my Opinion.

and yet you have posted 520 posts :shock:

Yathu
5th March 2009, 05:02 AM
:lol: It has been 4 years!

What was the old TFM page anyways? How did the hub start? Who started it? Who owns it? There should be a history thread or something, if there isn't one already!

NOV
5th March 2009, 06:17 AM
Yathu, see here: http://tfmpage.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=4797

Yathu
6th March 2009, 03:51 AM
Yathu, see here: http://tfmpage.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=4797 Thanks NOV! A very interesting read. Didn't know The Hub (tfmpage) had such a rich history!

I would've liked to read that poem that caused so much outrage! :lol:

Also, what were your initial thoughts on Jeans? Good/bad? Maybe you could post them in the ARR thread. :D

NOV
6th March 2009, 05:30 AM
Also, what were your initial thoughts on Jeans? Good of course. :D
Ah, those were the days... :sigh2:

Yathu
7th March 2009, 04:30 AM
:)

I don't know if the hub has lost its charm or not, because I can't compare to what it used to be, but it defo has one of the better (if not the best) ARR forums on the net, IMO. The only thing that could make it better is if there were more regular posters & more discussions. Sometimes people get carried away with the news reporting & forget to interact. I'm talking primarily about the ARR thread here.

Bipolar
11th March 2009, 10:20 PM
As a matter of fact, I've been wondering where the experts are gone...

I mean - the guys like RJay, JSri, Naveen Jebaraj, Ganesh, Eswar, etc., etc...

By the way, I certainly don't think TFMPage.com has lost its charm, even though I don't visit here very often...

RJay's MIDI page is still on... although it looks like hasn't been updated in a looooooooooooooooooong time... As for Naveen Jebaraj, I saw a few of his videos on Youtube...

But I'm wondering... are those experts still around on TFMPage.com - under different user names?