Song: mIttu enai mIttu
Film: Maathangal Ezhu
Music: Vidyasagar
Singers: S.P.Balasubramanyam, K.S.Chitra
Lyrics: ?
Year: 1993

Beautiful song.

Thanks to Priya for sending this song.

Today's pick is a long-pending nEyar(bobgalee) viruppam.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/mittu_enai.rm

tvsankar
15th July 2008, 12:35 PM
Dear Neel and Priya,
Thanks for the beautiful Melody.......
Vidhyasagar in Nice touch........

Dear RR,
Ragam - bagudhariya?? sollungo pl..

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

madhu
15th July 2008, 07:11 PM
Hi..

nice melody..

I forgot the original malayalam song...

can somebody tell me ?

madhu
15th July 2008, 07:16 PM
:redjump:

naanE kaNdupidichuttEn..

adhu.. "aarO.. viral meeti.. manasin maNveeNaiyil" by KJY

from praNayavarnangaL..

( andha padathula vandha innoru beautiful song .."kaNNAdi koodum kooti".. namma tamil film "thithikudhE" pdathula "mynAvE.. mynAve" appadinnu vandhiruchu )

Neel D
17th July 2008, 08:07 PM
Usha, you are welcome.
madhu, thanks for the details.

Neel D
17th July 2008, 08:07 PM
Pick #663

Song: ennenna muththam
Film: Aakrosham
Music: Ilaiyaraja
Singers: Vani Jairam, Malaysia Vasudevan
Year: 1986

A nice and rare song. Not much details available.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/ennenna_muththam.rm

aanaa
17th July 2008, 11:50 PM

naanE kaNdupidichuttEn..

adhu.. "aarO.. viral meeti.. manasin maNveeNaiyil" by KJY

from praNayavarnangaL..

( andha padathula vandha innoru beautiful song .."kaNNAdi koodum kooti".. namma tamil film "thithikudhE" pdathula "mynAvE.. mynAve" appadinnu vandhiruchu )

:D

thyagu666
19th July 2008, 06:30 PM
Song: ennenna muththam
Film: Aakrosham
Music: Illaiyaraja
Year: 1986.

Telugu Dubbing movie.

other songs are

1)Agayam Mannil

2)Enna Vendum

3) Sridevi Thotta Sugam

Thyagu

Thaygu

Neel D
20th July 2008, 09:55 AM
thyagu, welcome back and thanks for the details.

Neel D
20th July 2008, 09:56 AM
Pick #664

Song: pani kUda vairam pOl
Film: Ulagam Piranthathu Enakkaga
Music: [html:d278a3b262]<strike>R.D.Burman</strike>[/html:d278a3b262] Shankar-Ganesh
Singers: Vani Jairam, [html:d278a3b262]<strike>S.N.Surendar</strike>[/html:d278a3b262] Deepan Chakravarthi
Year: [html:d278a3b262]<strike>1990</strike>[/html:d278a3b262] 198?

A nice and rare song. Not sure if the details of the film are correct. The film apparently starred Satyaraj and Roopini in the lead.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/pani_kuda_vairam.rm

baroque
20th July 2008, 11:24 AM
:ty: priya & neel for the two unheard compositions.
nice.
love, vinatha.

balaji
20th July 2008, 06:48 PM
Neel

Thanks for the "Panikooda vairam pol ". This is surely a SG song (not RD Burman). I have heard this in the early 80s

ALso the singer seems to be Deepan Chakravarthy

Thanks for the song

Bala

Neel D
20th July 2008, 09:16 PM
baroque, you are welcome.

balaji,
Yes, I thought it was by S-G also, for an SAC film from the early 80s may be. SAC because I thought the male voice sounded like SNS. May be madhu/thyagu/FM knows the correct details.

tfmlover
21st July 2008, 06:09 AM
hi NeelDJ
80's 'Ulagam Pirandhathu enakkaaga - karthik movie SG , this song by Pulamaipithan Deepan Chakravarthy with VJ
the 90's AVM's Ulagam Pirandhathu enakkaaga -Sathyaraj movie
songs by R.D.Burman BGM by SPB
regards

Neel D
21st July 2008, 10:45 PM
tfmlover, thanks for the details.

madhu
22nd July 2008, 06:11 AM
Hi Neel..

its really rare and nice song.
yes.. idhu OdAtha mudhal UPE..
( reNdAvadhu mattum enna appadi Odiduchunnu kEkkaadheenga :P)

Neel D
22nd July 2008, 09:27 AM
madhu, thanks. I can't recall that title, 80s or 90s, whatsoever. :)

Neel D
22nd July 2008, 09:40 AM
Pick #665

Song: mAlai vayasu pongguthE
Film: Mayamohini
Music: Chakravarthi
Lyrics: Pulavar Sidhambaranathan
Year: 1985

"Mayamohini", dubbed from Telugu, starred Silk Smita in a major role. It is a very entertaining film. A manthiravadhi(Sudharsan) asks his favroite goddess Ukkira Chamundi for three boons (life that will never end, eternal youth and the power to rule all fourteen worlds). Chamundi says that she needs three things from him as offerings before she can grant him his three wishes. She wants, 1) the heart of a mother ripped out of her chest by her own loving son, 2) head of a man whose doting wife must pull a stone chariot around a temple, then carry a pot of turmeric water on her head and walk on fire, then climb up a mountain without spilling the water, reach a temple on the mountain and behead her husband, and 3) a valiant young man's life after he obtains a trident that is being protected by the thiribhuvana bhootham inside a cave.

Sudharshan uses his magical powers and creates a Mayamohini(Silk Smita :redjump: ). He asks the Mayamohini to go around the earth and fetch the three things the goddess demanded. Mayamohini clones herself into two more mayamohinis and the three of them go around the earth in search of the three things. Though the stories of the three mayamohinis happen simultaneously, I will narrate them sequentially and bring them all together at climax.

The first Mayamohini finds a poor young man(Sudhakar) stealing food for his mother and sister. She follows him. The mother does not accept the stolen food. Instead she punishes her son by asking to place his hands on fire at the Durga Devi temple and begs for forgiveness from the goddess. One day when Sudhakar is cutting firewood in the forest Mayamohini sends Anuradha :redjump: :redjump: to seduce him (and you thought three Silks were feast enough for the eye). But Sudhakar is not seduced. He insults Anuradha and asks her to go away. Mayamohini has now made sure of his strict bachelorhood and chooses him as the candidate to fulfil the first demand of the Ukkira Chamundi. Then she lets a snake enter Sudhakar's house and bite his sister. The sister dies. Sudhakar goes to bury her. Mayamohini takes the form of a manthiravadhi, appears at the graveyard and tells Sudhakar that there is a way to bring his sister back to life. If he rips out his mother's heart and brings it to him he will bring his sister and the mother back to life. The manthiravadhi demonstrates his magical power by turning trees into stones. Sudhakar obliges, goes home and kills his mother, rips her heart out and brings it to the manthiravadhi. The manthiravadhi takes the heart, laughs at Sudhakar's foolishness and disappears. Sudhakar becomes deranged. He takes the bodies of his mother and sister to the temple and waits there for them to come back to life. :cry:

There is a medicine man in the town. He is a big womanizer. But his faithful wife(MGR Sangeetha) is very tolerant and quietly allows his infidelity and lets him bring strange women into her house. Then she serves them like a maid by bathing and dressing the woman, making the bed, etc. Yet Sangeetha gets beat up by her husband for not being obedient. But she tolerates everything as a loyal wife. Mayamohini takes the form of Jayamalini(woo hoo! :redjump: :redjump: :redjump: ) and seduces Sangeetha's husband (not a difficult task) and enters Sangeetha's house, bosses around Sangeetha and spends time with the man in the bedroom. Sangeetha tolerates everything. :cry2: The second Mayamohini figures that Sangeetha is the best candidate for the second demand of the Ukkira Chamundi. Mayamohini gives a disease to Sangeetha's husband and he gets blisters all over his body. Then Mayamohini takes the form of an old woman and tells Sangeetha that if she wants her husband to be cured and be faithful to her she needs to go to a temple and do the things that the Ukkira Chamundi wanted. Sangeeta obliges. She pulls the stone chariot around the temple. Carrying a pot of water she walks on burning coal, then climbs a mountain and reaches another temple at the top of the mountain. The goddess(Mayamohini in disguise again) at the temple then asks Sangeetha to behead her husband in order to resurrect him as a cured man. Sangeetha refuses at first but then kills him to save him (that is like fighting for peace...lol). After the man is beheaded Mayamohini takes his head, laughs at Sangeetha's foolishness and disappears. Sangeetha runs to back to the Durga Devi temple in her town, cries to the deity, asks for grace and starts banging her head on a pillar. Same temple where a deranged Sudhakar is waiting for his mother and sister to come to life. Sudhakar looks at Sangeetha and he starts banging his head on another pillar.:omg: They both bleed from the head and faint.

The third Mayamohini in the mean time is looking for a valiant man to go to the cave and bring back the trident from the thiribhuvana bhootham. That is when she finds Narasimharaju. He is a valiant young man who fought and defeated two gladiators at the palace fort. The king rewarded him with a big necklace. But he refused the necklace and instead asked for the princess(Sulakshana) in marriage. The king got angry and extradited him from the kingdom. Mayamohini decides to help him meet Sulakshana and in the process use him to get the trident. Mayamohini takes the form of a manthiravadhi and gives Narasimharaju a pair of sandals to wear. The magical power of the sandals is that when he wears those he will become invisible and can fly. Narasimharaju wears the sandals, becomes invisible, flies to the palace and meets Sulakshana. She falls in love with the handsome warrior who already stole her heart at the prizefight. While secretly meeting the couple sing today's pick... mAlai vayasu pongguthE... thanthana thAnA thanthana thAnA... :musicsmile: Now that Narasimharaju has found his love, the manthiravadhi asks him to help him get the trident before he can help him further. Narasimharaju agrees and goes with him to the cave. Before fighting the bhootham he goes to a pond to take a ritual bath. At the pond he is attacked by a python. He kills the python. As the python dies there appears a gandharva who is released from a curse to remain a python until a man barehandedly kills it. The gandharva tips off Narasimharaju that after he obtains the trident he will be sacrificed to Ukkira Chamundi by the manthiravadhi. Narasimharaju is now prepared for what is coming. He goes into the cave and fights the thiribhuvana bhootham. :skull: After a long fight he manages to pry the hands of the bhootham and take the trident. The thiribhuvana bhootham has another kapali bhootham guarding it. :boo: Narasimharaju fights and kills the kapali bhootham also. :2thumbsup:

The manthiravadhi(Mayamohini) now takes Narasimharaju to the temple of Ukkira Chamundi and hands him to the manthiravadhi Sudharshan. Mayamohini now goes back to her original form(Silk Smita). Sudharshan attacks Narasimharaju to kill him and sacrifice him to Chamundi. The two men fight. Sulakshana is also brought to the temple and is tied to a pillar. At this time, after Sangeetha and Sudhakar faint, Durga Devi opens her eyes and sends a wheel of fire. It travels all the way to Narasimharaju, enters his body and gives him enormous strength. He finally knocks Sudharshan to the ground and kills him. :victory: The wheel of fire then goes in the direction of Mayamohini Smita. She starts running away from it. She keeps running and running and ends up at the Durga Devi temple. The Durga Devi says there is no forgiveness for Mayamohini, issues a band of fire and burns Mayamohini to ashes. Sangeetha and Sudhakar regain consciousness. Their head injuries are healed. As they get up Sudhakar's mother and sister and Sangeetha's husband come back to life and walk towards them. :cool2: Narasimharaju and Sulakshana also arrive at the temple at the same time. Durga Devi blesses all of them and... Vanakkam! :D

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/malai_vayasu.rm

madhu
22nd July 2008, 07:37 PM

Nazir sultan
22nd July 2008, 09:11 PM
Neel D,

Your write up induce me to watch Mayamohini, since I like magic oriented films.

Thanks

Neel D
23rd July 2008, 08:59 AM

:lol:

Neel D
23rd July 2008, 09:01 AM
Nazir, it is a fun movie. I enjoy mayajalam too. You are welcome.

SN23
23rd July 2008, 02:55 PM
Neel: Wonderful narration of the award winning movie MM. Padikkum podhu Dina thanthi Sindubhath thodarkadhai pola appidi oru viruviruppu :lol:

I wish to know who acted as thiribhuvana bhootham & kapali bhootham :evil:

Neel D
24th July 2008, 12:57 AM
SN23, Mayamohini was the judges' favorite at IMFA '86 and won several awards.

Thiribhuvana bhootham was a robot with one eye and two moving arms. It was about 12 to 15 feet in height. Kapali bhootham was a real person but was in a full body costume that included a face mask. There were thorns all over the costume. If he hugged someone, that person will get one thousand holes in his body and will bleed to death. Very scary I am telling you.

madhu
24th July 2008, 04:17 PM
SN23, Mayamohini was the judges' favorite at IMFA '86 and won several awards.

Thiribhuvana bhootham was a robot with one eye and two moving arms. It was about 12 to 15 feet in height. Kapali bhootham was a real person but was in a full body costume that included a face mask. There were thorns all over the costume. If he hugged someone, that person will get one thousand holes in his body and will bleed to death. Very scary I am telling you.

:boo: :skull: :frightened: :redjump:

Neel D
24th July 2008, 08:15 PM
:shaking: :shaking: :shaking:

Neel D
24th July 2008, 08:18 PM
Pick #666

Song: unai pArkka vENdum
Film: Annapoorani
Music: V.Kumar
Singer: K.J.Yesudas
Year: 1978

unai pArkka vENdum
rasikka vENdum
pazaga vENdum
pEsa vENdum
eththanaiyO Asai intha manasila - athai
ennavenRu eduththu cholla theriyala

Oh... that familiar feeling...

"Annapoorani" starred K.R.Vijaya and Muthuraman in the lead.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/unai_parkka.rm

baroque
24th July 2008, 09:05 PM
aahaa..you are hosting honey soaked Vasu duet with Vani here.
musicsmile: :swinghead:
just now I indulged couple of times malargaley....glorious early Raaja delight...sucked the inherent sweetness & depth in Vasu's voice..
Ever popular Unnai paarkka vendum rasikka vendum..... my favorite song, Priya! :bluejump: :redjump:
:ty: Neel & Priya!
It is only 8:25 am at San Jose, this day already giving me a GREAT FEELING..
Good work out this summer brisk morning!
Enchanting musical time!
I am all ready for this day!
Some days are sugam!
taa..ta
Vinatha.

madhu
24th July 2008, 09:25 PM
annapooranai..

vivd bharathi-la night 9.-30kku vaikkum advt program-la chO comedy song kEttu vittu padam pArka pOyirundhEn..

andha Onaai kadhAkAlakshEpam.. :P

... varuvEn nAn unadhu masAl vadaiyin vAsanaikkE :slurp:

(andha part audio irukkudhA ? :roll: )

its ok type padam.. avlothaan..

other songs are..

aiyiraNdu thingaLile kaiyiraNdil vanthavanE..
kaNnanukku kObamenna kaNNil Or thAbamenna

tvsankar
24th July 2008, 10:52 PM
Dear Neel and priya,
Thanks for the song.............

K.R.Vijaya - romba slim a irukanga nu
solli add elam pathu, padam parka asai
pattu poi partha padam.

Sonnadhai pola K.R.V. - Slim aga than
irudhanga..
Theerka Sumangali padam - Muthuraman KRV combo vil partha kannil
indha padam parthu nondhu ponen.
Veru onrum ninaivil ilai.Appadi oru padam idhu...

Radio vil , vividh Bharath il indha paatum add il varum.............
KJY ai pazhi vangugira madhiri , MD. edharku
ippadi pada vaitharo ???

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

priya32
25th July 2008, 06:13 PM
Neel,

I have two requests...if you have them, please kindly host 'em!

1. pani thenRal kaaRRE vaa intha malarOdu viLaiyAda vaa - Umai kanavu kaNdAL (by Vani Jeyaram)

2. pattu sattai pOttukkoNdu pakkam varum rOja onRu - vaaipanthal (by P.Suseela & Malaysia Vasudevan)

Thanks,
Priya

Neel D
25th July 2008, 07:25 PM
baroque & Usha, you are welcome.
madhu, thanks. I don't have that other song. If I find it I will post it.
Priya, I have pani thenRal. I will post it soon. I don't have pattu sattai. I will feature another song instead.

madhu
25th July 2008, 07:49 PM
hayya...

"pani thenRal" song enakku romba pudikkum :redjump:

waiting..

crazy
25th July 2008, 11:09 PM
just listening to the last 2 picks :musicsmile:

Neel D
27th July 2008, 09:43 AM
madhu, here comes...
crazy, thank you.

Neel D
27th July 2008, 09:44 AM
Pick #667

Song: pani thenRal kARRE
Film: Oomai Kanavu Kandaal
Music: Shankar-Ganesh
Year: 1980

"Oomai Kanavu Kandaal" starred Thirumurugan and Vasanthi. I believe Vasanthi also acted in "Panchakalyani". Don't know what happened to either of the leads. "pani thenRal kARRE vA" is a lovely song. The film has few other nice songs too.

Thanks to sk for sending this song.

Today's pick is a nEyar(Priya) viruppam.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/pani_thenral.rm

madhu
27th July 2008, 04:09 PM
:musicsmile:

thanks neel !! :P

priya32
27th July 2008, 07:50 PM
Neel,

Thank you so much for 'pani thenRal'

Feels so good to hear it after many years! :)

baroque
29th July 2008, 07:56 AM
:ty: SK & Neel! popular 80s composition.
:musicsmile: :bluejump: :swinghead:
love love love
Vinatha.

Neel D
29th July 2008, 09:00 AM
madhu, Priya & baroque, you are welcome.

Neel D
29th July 2008, 09:07 AM
Pick #668

Song: vaNNaththu pUchchi
Film: Kuruvikkoodu
Music: K.V.Mahadevan
Singers: P.Susheela, S.P.Balasubramanyam

"Kuruvikkoodu" starring Sudhakar and Saritha in the lead was a film that was widely advertised. Still remember those ads in the papers. But the film did not fare so well at the box office. However, during those days no matter how badly a film did business, or how bad the film was, there always were several nice songs in the film for all of us to enjoy.

Today's pick substitutes a nEyar(Priya) viruppam.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/vannaththu.rm

SN23
29th July 2008, 11:23 AM
Fabulous Neel. Thanks for sharing VaNNaththu poochi sirikkudhu. After a long time listening to this song. PS is superb through out the song. SPB sollavE vEndAm :-)

I remember a female duet PS & SPS (Or Sasirekha). Song...?

madhu
29th July 2008, 07:51 PM
wow !

"vannathu poochi"

en friend eppa pArthAlum idhai ungaL viruppathiRku ezhudhi kEttu rasippAn..

"ponni nadhi orathile" is already discussed I think.

priya32
29th July 2008, 09:51 PM
நீல்,

மாறுபட்ட பாடலுக்கு மிக்க நன்றி...இந்த பாடலை நான் இதுவரை கேட்டதில்லை! :)

Neel D
31st July 2008, 07:25 AM
SN23, you are welcome. I can't recall that duet you are referring to.
madhu, thanks. Yes, Ramki already posted "ponni nadhi OraththilE".
Priya, you are welcome.

Neel D
31st July 2008, 07:27 AM
Pick #669

Song: janani janani enai nI
Film: Viswanathan Velai Vendum
Singers: P.Jayachandran, S.P.Shailaja

Lovely composition by Shankar-Ganesh and nice rendition by JC and SPS. The film starred Karthik and Jeevita in the lead.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/janani_janani_vvv.rm

Neel D
3rd August 2008, 05:34 AM
Thanks y'all. Now WAKE UP! :lol:

Neel D
3rd August 2008, 05:36 AM
Pick #670

Song: azagiya kalyANa pUmAlai
Film: ?
Music: ?
Year: ?

Nice song. No details available.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/azagiya_kalyana.rm

baroque
5th August 2008, 12:45 AM
:ty: for Vannathu poochchi... never heard the musical before.
like it.

But need one more time PANI THENDRAL KAATREY VAA.... this lethargic monday afternoon! I need it! :ty:

:bluejump: :musicsmile: Vinatha.

Neel D
5th August 2008, 09:28 PM

Neel D
5th August 2008, 09:29 PM
Pick #671

Song: Oh kAthalE unnadi
Film: Paadi Vaa Thendrale
Singers: P.Susheela, P.Jayachandran

Nice song. Not many details available.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/oh_kathale.rm

madhu
6th August 2008, 07:36 PM
kEtta mAdhiri tune-A irukku.. kEkkAdha tune mAdhiriyum irukku :confused2:

but pAttu is good !!

PS site-la music S.A.Rajkumar-nu pottirukku.

rajeshkrv
6th August 2008, 09:03 PM
thanks Neel for this nice song

Neel D
7th August 2008, 09:06 AM
madhu, kEtta mAthiri irukkiRathA? Then the information that it is by SAR is probably correct. :)

rajeshkrv, you are welcome.

Neel D
7th August 2008, 09:08 AM
Pick #672

Song: akkam pakkam yArum
Film: Pudhu Padagan
Music: S.Thanu
Singers: S.P.Balasubramanyam, S.Janaki
Year: 1990

Kind of an unusual song. You will find out when you listen to it.

Cinesouth credits Kalaippuli S.Thanu for the music. Not sure if it is correct. The film apparently was also directed by S.Thanu and starred Vijaykant and Amala.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/akkam_pakkam_pp.rm

Plum
7th August 2008, 10:58 AM
paadi vaa thendralae is SA Rajkumar for sure. If I am not wrong, he may have even joint-produced it.

kalaipuli Thanu. ha!ha! Another man who fronted for L Vaidyanathan or rather used LV for Music direction and put his name in the posters. I believe at various points in their career K Bhagyaraj, T Rajender have all done that.
LV died unsung a couple of years ago. Maybe you should re-visit Ezhavadhu Manidhan...

yvsmani
7th August 2008, 11:04 AM
akkam pakkam - I am hearing this song for the first time started with chorus and then changed the tempo with some mukkal - mungal of SJ.
I think this film had 2 other good songs - one being aththai maga vaadi un manasa thaadi and another Amala singing with kids.

yvsmani
7th August 2008, 12:17 PM
Pick #669

Song: janani janani enai nI
Film: Viswanathan Velai Vendum
Singers: P.Jayachandran, S.P.Shailaja

Lovely composition by Shankar-Ganesh and nice rendition by JC and SPS. The film starred Karthik and Jeevita in the lead.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/janani_janani_vvv.rm

a nice song, sweet rendition by PJ and SPS, initial starting music reminds me of 'malargalil aadum ilamai' and second interludes of "kadhal vennilaa ".
thanks for this lovely song

Neel D
8th August 2008, 04:21 AM
Plum, so that is how Thanu became a music director, huh? Interesting detail.

yvsmani, you are welcome.

Neel D
10th August 2008, 09:13 AM
Pick #673

Song: ennaippaththi nI
Film: Shankar Guru
Music: Chandrabose
Singers: S.P.Balasubramanyam, S.Janaki
Year: 1987

Nice song. Really cool opening lines. "Shankar Guru" starred Arjun(my favorite action hero) and [html:8885a2d994]<strike>Seetha</strike>[/html:8885a2d994] Sasikala in the lead.

Wasn't the line "munthAnEththu sAyangkAlam mullaippUvai thoduththEn" already used in Andha Ezhu Naatkal? Still the lyrics overall is very unique.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/ennaippaththi.rm

baroque
10th August 2008, 12:25 PM
Composition reminds me Naan unnai ninaichen nee yennai.... Shri.Ilayaraja!
:bluejump: :redjump:
Vinatha.

madhu
10th August 2008, 06:33 PM
yesssss...

"though its same lines.. reNdum vEra vEra mundhA nAL sAyangalam and vEra Vera mullai poo "

appadinnu solluvAnga :froggrin:

adhu sari..

indha padathula arjun jodi sasikala-thAn.. seetha chummA..:P

BTW..

matha songs pathi sollala.. kadhai churukkamum sollala.. enna Achu ? :confused2:

RC
10th August 2008, 11:34 PM
Lyrics by Vairamuththu (-nu thaan ninaikkiREn). seriyaa kEttInga, madhu. kadhai surukkam, paadal-gaL vivaram ennaachchu, Neel D?

Neel D
11th August 2008, 12:23 AM
baroque,
nAn unna nenachchEn is by Shankar-Ganesh, isn't it?

madhu,
vERa vERa munthAnAL vERa vERa mullaippU... good one! :lol:
I will post a story with songs next week.

RC,
konjam busy. I will post a story next week.

baroque
11th August 2008, 01:54 AM
enna poyee kekkarele? :) Neenga sonna correct aa yerukku!

Whoever it is, Chandrabose, SG, TR all of them rocked that time. Along with Shri.Ilayaraja, they brought us joy with their musical talent.
Naan unnai ninachen nee yenna ninaichey..... :musicsmile: In love forever. Proud to say I grew up with that composition in 80s. :ty:!

Neel,
thendralil aadai pinna... film kanney pappa. i want to check out. Can you guide me if you can. I have one susheela solo kanney paappa kanimuththu.... from the same movie. I am unable to recall thendralil aadai...
thanks, vinatha.

Neel D
12th August 2008, 09:10 AM
baroque, thenRalil Adai does not ring a bell. If I find it I will let you know.

Neel D
12th August 2008, 09:12 AM
Pick #674

Song: kAdhal bOdhai kaNNil
Film: Mudisooda Mannan
Music: Sathyam
Singers: S.Janaki, S.P.Balasubramanyam

Nice song. Mudisooda Mannan starred Jaisankar and Sridevi in the lead.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/kadhal_bodhai_mm.rm

app_engine
12th August 2008, 09:43 AM
>>enna poyee kekkarele? Neenga sonna correct aa yerukku! <<

'nAn unna nenachchEn' is by Shankar-Ganesh from the film 'kaNNil theriyum kadhaikaL'. This film had 5 MD's, including IR. One song by each, I think, and IR did the classic 'nAn oru ponnOvium kaNdEn edhirE' (SPB/PS/SJ)

Meerakrishna
12th August 2008, 12:46 PM
I have this "kadhal Bhodai" kannada version song. Movie is "Pakka KaLLa" song goes like this "YaarO neenu yaarO naanu Olavu mUDidE" *Srinath and ManjuLa. super composition by Satyam. I have both the version and I love both.

regards
Meera

tvsankar
12th August 2008, 01:05 PM
Dear Neel and priya,
Thanks for the nice song.
IR isaiyai pola - padalai asaiyaga ketaka vaikum composing.
Good MD.

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

madhu
12th August 2008, 07:41 PM
mm..

kEttu romba nALAchu.. radio-la ellAm indha pAttu vaikkaradhE illa :(

//Hi vinatha..

unga pm paarunga //

baroque
12th August 2008, 10:01 PM
app_eng, thanks...I thought so.

Naan oru ponnoviyam.... ULTIMATE RAJA EVER!
chorus, violin, flute, veena, mirudhangam, lover boy's luring voice, what a jathi... in Rag mohanam.

Madhu :ty: I check it out tonight.

RC
13th August 2008, 05:33 AM
Thanks for the song, Priya! evLO naaLaachchu indha paattai kEttu! Neel-ku appappO nalla paattu kUda anuppuRIngaLE...

app_engine
13th August 2008, 07:52 AM
Pick #670

Song: azagiya kalyANa pUmAlai

Nice song...could be IR or some wannabe (who is excellent in mimicking him, like Deva in the movie kizhakku karai song 'enekkana piRandhava Rekka kattippaRandhava')...

rajeshkrv
13th August 2008, 10:18 PM
nice song but my pick is Thodangum thodarum from Mudisooda Mannan

Neel D
14th August 2008, 03:57 AM
app_engine, meera & madu, thanks.
Usha, you are welcome.
RC, ippadi kaalai vaarukireergale... :)
rajeshkrv, we featured thodanggum thodarum also, some time ago.

Neel D
14th August 2008, 03:58 AM
Pick #675

Song: sudhanthira bUmiyil
Film: Dharmam Enge
Music: M.S.Viswanathan
Singer: T.M.Sounderarajan
Lyrics: Kannadasan
Year: 1972

Happy Independence Day!

TMS solos from the early 70s are very special. The songs are much more modern compared to the songs of the 60s. And they are so lively. Songs from Babu, Enga Maamaa, Vegulippen, Gouravam, Vasantha Maligai, Sivakamiyin Selvan are just a few quick examples. The list is very long and most of them are Sivaji Ganesan films. But there are plenty from films of Gemini Ganesh, Jaisankar, Muthuraman, MGR, etc. Even the sad songs from that period were bubbling with energy and life.

Today's pick is from a Sivaji Ganesan, Jayalaitha starrer.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/sudhanthira.rm

RC
14th August 2008, 05:53 AM
nalla paattu though the best pick from the movie is paLLiyaRaikkuL vandha puLLi mayilE...

NeelD: kadhai ennaachchu?

Nazir sultan
14th August 2008, 10:27 AM
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY !

NAZIR SULTAN[/b]

madhu
14th August 2008, 08:38 PM
Hi Neel..

suthathinra boomiyil is a nice one.. and apt for the occassion :P

RC already oru song sollittAr..

I think other songs which I know are..

"dharmam engE nyAyam engE" and "nAngu kAlamum unadhAga"

:P

tvsankar
15th August 2008, 01:39 AM
Dear Neel,
Thanks for the song.
Beautiful composition from MSV. Nice lyric.
Neenda natkalaga thedi kondu iurndha padal.
Thank you once again.

"Neriya vazhiyil nidhamum nadandhal
Nenjuku nimmadhi dhandi"

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

natha1729
15th August 2008, 05:22 AM
rare song of msv and a great patriotic song

madhu
15th August 2008, 10:33 AM
"Neriya vazhiyil nidhamum nadandhal
Nenjuku nimmadhi dhandi"

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

:notthatway:

சூரியன் போகும் திசையினில் எல்லாம்
வளையும் சூரியகாந்தி
நேரிய வழியில் நிதமும் நடந்தால்
நெஞ்சுக்கு நிம்மதி.. சாந்தி

tvsankar
15th August 2008, 03:03 PM
Dear madhu,
Thanks for the correction......

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

Neel D
18th August 2008, 02:48 AM
RC, thanks. The next story has been delayed a little longer. I apologize.
Nazir & natha1729, thanks.
madhu, thanks. Those two songs sound very unfamiliar.
Usha, you are welcome.

Neel D
18th August 2008, 02:49 AM
Pick #676

Song: Aththangkarai thOppukkuLLa
Film: Rayilukku Neramaachu
Singers: Malaysia Vasudevan, S.P.Shailaja

Have no details on the film "Rayilukku Neramaachu". Please fill in.

Thanks to Priya for sending this rare song.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/aththangkarai_rn.rm

RC
18th August 2008, 05:54 AM
I think this is Ramarajan, Rupini (or Nishanthi) movie directed by Bharathi Kannan. idhula innoru nalla paat irukku... gnabagam not coming

madhu
18th August 2008, 07:44 AM
Hi.. good one ! :musicsmile:

RC..

adhu nishanthi-thAn.. :P

oru vELai neenga solRadhu "pOravaLE ponnuthAyee.. nAnum vArEn chinnathAyee"
song-A ?

rra
18th August 2008, 10:38 AM
Hi Madhu, Neel: Another song I recall from Dharmam Enge is "Veeram Ennum Kaalai thannai..." by TMS-LRE.
RRA

disk.box
18th August 2008, 02:23 PM
' ரயிலுக்கு நேரமாச்சு' திரைக்காவியத்தின் இசையும் பாடல்களும் எஸ்.ஏ.ராஜ்குமார் (வேறு எத்தனை படங்களுக்கு பாடல்கள் எழுதினார் எனத் தெரியவில்லை. 'சின்னப்பூவே மெல்லப் பேசு'விற்கும் இவரேதான் பாடல்கள் எழுதிக்கொண்டார்)

மதிப்பிற்குரிய மது அவர்கள் சொல்லியிருக்கும் பாடலோடு மற்றுமொரு "சுப்பு செல்லம்" பாடல் இருக்கிறது. "ராஜ ராகம் பாடாத பாரிஜாதம்".

baroque
19th August 2008, 01:17 AM
aathangkarai thoppu..... :redjump: :musicsmile:
mood uplifting composition.
Honey soaked Vasu with Shailu frisky.
I am a sucker for the infectious, raw folk melodies that leave us joyous. Enjoyable poetry. :) Just driving this lunch hr I was enjoying thenadi meenadi...nenjam Marapadhillai. :D HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY
:ty: Neel & Priya! You doubled the pleasure vinatha.

Neel D
19th August 2008, 08:23 AM
RC, madhu, rra & disk.box, thanks for the details.

Neel D
19th August 2008, 08:26 AM
Pick #677

Song: mazaikkAla mEgam magarAjan
Film: Kasthuri Vijayam
Singer: Vani Jairam
Year: 1975

Lovely song by VJ. Was very popular back in the mid-70s. All those wonderful solos by VJ during the 70s became rare along with most of the 70s songs in general. So, here is one for the 70s-music lovers...

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/mazaikkala_kv.rm

tvsankar
19th August 2008, 02:44 PM
Dear Neel,
Thanks for the song.
MSV enru ninaithu irundhen......

Indha paatai ketal, actress sujatha
ninaivil varugirarare....

Story telling solla time ilaiya Neel....

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

madhu
19th August 2008, 07:32 PM
ushaji..

idhu sujatha padam illai..

namma punnagai arasi padam..

Hi Neel..

innaikkuthAn oru pAdal pokkisham pOnRa naNbaridam pEsi kondu irunthapOdhu..
pazhaiya "unnai nAn sandhithEn" / "thyAga uLLam" padathil vandha "nilAvai nEtRu pArthadhu" enRa VJ song patRi pEsinEn..

adhaRku avar V Kumar music-la VJ pAdiya pAdalgaL enRu varisai pOttAr..

adhil mudhalil vanthadhu indha song..

indha pAttu something special...

but adhu edhu enRu solla theriyavilai :P

Ushaji..

idhu hero-vin relatives kooda irundhu kothi thingirAnga.. engirundhO vElaikku vandha peN veetu ejamAniyAgi ellAraiyum samAlikkirA..

avLothAn kadhai..

innoru nalla PS song.. "pallANdu pallAndu pallAyiram ANdu thambadhigaL vAzhiyavE illaRam kaNdu"

Naaz
20th August 2008, 10:55 PM
Mazhaikkaala Maegham Thandha Magaraajan Neel D Vaazhga!
A downpour of bliss to wash away the high mercury of summer...I'm drenched in delight! I always wait for the line "Aadum Pagadai Kaaiyai Uruttum Saguni Maamanae..." in this solo. Such a portentous warning!
And, then again, what's with VJ and the Mazhai / Maegham songs? I get it now: a force of nature! :-)
Mazhaikkaalam Varugindradhu
Mazhaikkaalamum Panikkaalamum
Mazhaiyae En Meedhu
Mazhaikkaala Maegham Neer Kondu Vandhu
Mazhaikkaala Maegham Ondru
Mangala Poo Mazhai
I could go on!
Thanks for these scintillating resurrections! Made my season, for sure!

P.S. Has been a hectic few months, and haven't heard all your picks. Will do so...slowly, steadily.

Neel D
22nd August 2008, 08:32 AM
Usha, you are welcome. I will try to get in a story may be next week.
madhu, thanks for the details. Please post your list of VK-VJ songs.
Naaz, welcome back. That is a nice list. But you left out mazaikkAla paRavaigaL. :)

Neel D
22nd August 2008, 08:34 AM
Pick #678

Song: AsaimugamE inggu unakkAga
Film: En Veedu En Kanavar
Music: S.N.Surendar

Another lovely song by VJ. This is one of my favorite VJ solos. Do not know much about the film. Wonder what other films S.N.Surendar has composed music for.

Thanks to sk for sending this beautiful song.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/asaimugame.rm

Neel D
25th August 2008, 07:57 AM
Pick #679

Song: kARRum kai thodumO
Film: Mangala Nayagan
Music: S.A.Rajkumar
Singer: K.S.Chitra
Lyrics: One of (Pulamaipithan, Piraisoodan)
Year: 1992

"Mangala Nayagan" directed by Raghunath starred newcomer Ganesh, Ilavarasi, Sandhya and others. The film starts slowly and gets very interesting in the middle but ends like any other formula movie. Ganesh and Ilavarasi are husband and wife, a very loving and happy couple. Five years into marriage they still do not have a child. They see doctors, holy men, etc. One day Y.G.Mahendra comes to see Ganesh and tells him that he has been raising Ganesh's son for the past five years, the child born out of wedlock to YGM's sister Sandhya and Ganesh. YGM had previously informed Ganesh that Sandhya had died. But this time YGM says that before Sandhya died she gave birth to his baby and that he kept that information from Ganesh. YGM gives him the child, a five year old boy Babu. In return for the child he demands a large sum of money and Ganesh gives him the money.

Ganesh does not know how to tell Ilavarasi about Babu. He decides to rent a room in a hotel, phones and tells Ilavarasi that he has to work all night and stays the night at the hotel with Babu. Next morning he asks the hotel staff to watch the child, steps out to run some errands and goes home to tell Ilavarasi about the boy. But Babu keeps crying at the hotel. Unable to calm him down the hotel staff has already brought him home to Ilavarasi. The hotel staff had Ganesh's address in their roster. Ilavarasi is angry at Ganesh and asks him to tell the truth. Ganesh tells her that he was in love with another woman, Sandhya, when he was working in Ooty, where Sandhya was working as his cook, and that he got her pregnant. He came to Chennai to see his ailing mother who as her last wish asked him to marry Ilavarasi. When he returned to Ooty, Sandhya had disappeared and the neighbors tell that she committed suicide because she got pregnant through an illicit affair, and her brother YGM, a smalltime crook, had left the town in shame, or killed himself too. Ganesh's efforts to find Sandhya led nowhere and finally he agreed to marry Ilavarasi.

Ilavarasi hates the boy and constantly curses him. Ganesh and Ilavarasi bicker all the time. One day the boy walks out the door and wanders through the streets. When Ganesh cannot find the boy at home he asks Ilavarasi. She says that she does not know where he is and that she is relieved that the saniyan is gone. Ganesh gets very angry at Ilavarasi's cruel behavior and yells at her that she is a heartless woman and there is no wonder she is barren. Ilavarasi breaks down and cries. She spends the whole day looking for the boy around the city, finds him and brings him home. She realizes that even though she is mean to the boy, the boy continues to like her and puts up with her abuse. She has a change of heart. She slowly starts loving the child.

In the meantime, Sandhya comes out of jail and goes home looking for her brother and child. When she cannot find them she comes to Chennai to look for Ganesh and the child. One day, Ilavarasi goes shopping with Babu and he starts wandering down the street. He is about to get in an accident and Sandhya, who happens to be passing by, saves him. Ilavarasi comes in search of Babu and finds him with Sandhya. Sandhya tells what happened and then tells that she has come to Chennai to find her husband and child. Ilavarasi says that she will help her find her husband and child and till then asks her to stay in her house. Sandhya agrees.

That afternoon Ganesh comes home for lunch, finds Sandhya in his house and is rendered speechless. He had thought that she had died. Next day he talks to her alone and she tells him that after he left for Chennai and did not return to Ooty for months, she could not hide her pregnancy anymore. So, she and YGM left town to go live in a friend's house in another town. That friend tries to rape her and she kills him in self-defense. But she is put in jail under the charge of homicide, that she got pregnant by that friend and when he refused to marry her she killed him in anger. She gets seven years imprisonment and begins her sentence after she gives birth to her child, leaving the child with YGM. Now after serving the sentence she has come to get her child.

Some nice "Iru Kodugal" style dialogs are in the film when the two women and Ganesh start living under the same roof. For example, once while Sandhya answers a phone call from Ganesh, he mistakes her for Ilavarasi. When Sandhya tells Ilavarasi about that Ilavarasi says, "நம்ம ரெண்டு பேருக்கும் ஒரே voice". Sandhya replies, "அது மட்டுமா? நம்ம ரெண்டு பேருக்கும் ஒரே choice". Ilavarasi innocently wonders, "என்ன சொல்றே நீ?".

At another time, Sandhya says she wants to go to a Murugan temple. Ilavarasi says, "அப்படியா? என்னுடைய இஷ்ட தெய்வமும் முருகன்தான்". Sandhya says, "நம்ம ரெண்டு பேருக்கும் அதே முருகனைத்தான் பிடிச்சிருக்கு", implying the god with two wives. Ilavarasi then says "அப்ப முருகன் கோயிலுக்கு போயிட்டு வாயேன்". Sandhya replies, "எப்ப போனாலும் அங்கே ஒரே கூட்டமா இருக்கு. ஆனால் நானோ ஏகாந்த தரிசனம் கிடைக்காதான்னு ஏங்கிகிட்டிருக்கேன்", hinting that she wants to pour her heart to Ganesh privately.

After listening to Sandhya's story, Ganesh says that Babu is actually her son and not Ilavarasi's son. But giving up Babu will be very hard for Ilavarasi on top of knowing that the child's mother is still alive. So he asks Sandhya to make a sacrifice. But Sandhya says Babu is all she has in life and needs him back and gives Ganesh time to make a decision. In the meantime Sandhya is getting along fine with Ilavarasi. Ilavarasi keeps insisting that they advertise in paper or report to police to help find her husband and child.

One day Ilavarasi and Sandhya talk about the food items that each other's husbands like. Ilavarasi is surprised that Sandhya's husband likes the same dishes as Ganesh. Then Ilavarasi says that her husband calls her Manga, short for Mangalam, her name. Sandhya says that her husband calls her Umi, short for Uma, her name. That evening Ganesh, Ilavarasi, Sandhya and Babu get together in their front yard and play tennikoit. Sandhya purposely keeps throwing the ring too high in the air. Ganesh asks her to stop doing that repeatedly but she continues to throw it high. Ganesh gets angry and shouts "Umi, stop it". Ilavarasi is stunned. She realizes who Sandhya is and goes to her room, lies in the bed and cries. Ganesh finally tells everything about Sandhya. Some more interesting dialog follows.

இளவரசி: நான் வாங்கின காருக்கு நான்தான் first owner-ன்னு நினைச்சேன். இப்படி second owner ஆக்கி ஏமாத்திட்டிங்களே.
கணேஷ்: இது accident ஆன கார். இதை விக்கிற எண்ணமே இருக்கலை. நீ வேணும்ன்னு அடம் பிடிச்சதால்தான் உனக்கு வித்தேன்.
இளவரசி: accident ஆன கார், workshop-ல இருந்திருந்தால் எனக்கு தெரிஞ்சிருக்கும். ஆன இந்த கார் பளிச்சுனு showroom-ல இருந்ததே. அதை பார்த்து நான் ஏமாந்துட்டேன். இறந்துவிட்டதா நெனச்சவள் திரும்பி வந்தால் என்ன? நிலத்தை முதலில் பார்த்தவள் வேண்டுமானால் அவளா இருக்கலாம். ஆனால் பட்டா எனக்குத்தானே போட்டிருக்கு.

Ganesh tells Ilavarasi that Sandhya wants Babu back. But Ilavarasi throws a fit and refuses to give him back to Sandhya. She says,
"எனக்கு சொந்தமான நிலத்துல அவள் பதியன் நட்டிருக்கலாம். ஆனல் நான்தானே அதற்கு தண்ணீர் ஊற்றி வளர்ப்பவள். அந்தச் செடி எனக்குத்தான் சொந்தம்".

Ganesh asks Sandhya for some time to make a decision about Babu. Babu's sixth birthday arrives. Ilavarasi throws a big party and invites a lot of people including her parents. Y.G.Mahendra also shows up at the party. He is just there to cause trouble and make some money out of it. During the party Ilavarasi and Ganesh sing a song. Sandhya also joins in and her lines indicate that she wants her fair share. Ilavarasi takes Babu and runs to her room. Her parents, Ganesh, YGM and Sandhya come after her. Ilavarasi keeps screaming that she will not give up the child. She says she would have not married Ganesh had she known that he had another woman and a child in his life already. But now it is too late and she is going to keep the child because she is married to the father of the child and she has a claim on the child. Everyone starts talking and secrets come out in the open. While Sandhya was still pregnant YGM came to see Ganesh in Chennai to ask him to marry Sandhya. The day he came to see him is the day Ganesh was getting married to Ilavarasi, after he(Ganesh) was convinced that Sandhya had died. YGM plans to stop the wedding, but Ilavarasi's father finds out who he is. The father already knew that Ganesh was in love with some woman in Ooty. He takes YGM away from the wedding crowd and begs him to not cause trouble at the wedding. YGM refuses. The father then gives him money and asks him to leave. As YGM still refuses to leave, the father throws more and more money at him. After all YGM is a crook and he finally takes the large sum of money and leaves. Ganesh then marries Ilavarasi not knowing anything about YGM's visit or the whereabouts of Sandhya or that he actually has a baby.

SPOILER ALERT! Skip the next two paragraphs if you do not want to know how the film ends.

After all the secrets come out, Ganesh asks everyone to go back to their rooms and convene in the morning to talk over the issue. The night passes. Everyone wakes up in the morning to find out that Sandhya, YGM and Babu are missing. When they think that Sandhya has taken Babu with her, they get a call from YGM. Sandhya had actually decided to leave the child for Ilavarasi and had left the house. On the phone, YGM says that he has the child and wants a ransom of five lakh rupees to release the child. In the meantime, some thugs who overhear YGM on the phone asking for a ransom decide to take over the situation. They take YGM and Babu under their custody and ask Ganesh to bring the money to a kaattu bangaLA. Ganesh agrees and takes the money to the kaattu bangaLA. In the kaattu bangaLA Ganesh tries to fight the thugs and release YGM and Babu who have been tied up. Babu is also strapped with a timebomb. Ganesh removes the bomb and throws it out the window without disarming it. He releases Babu and asks him to leave the building. Ganesh is fighting with the thugs while Ilavarasi, her parents and Sandhya arrive at the building. Babu comes out of the building. He sees the bomb on the ground and picks it up. Ilavarasi realizes that it is a bomb, runs to Babu, snatches it from his hands and runs away from him. And that is when the bomb explodes. Ilavarasi is badly injured, burned and falls to the ground. Everyone gathers around her. Keeping with Indian cinema tradition Ilavarasi joins the hands of Ganesh and Sandhya, removes her thaali and asks Ganesh to put that around Sandhya's neck, and... dies!

And that is how Mangala Nayagan became Umapathi.

END SPOILER

Today's pick is for Ilavarasi while she and Ganesh are a happily married couple trying to have a baby.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/karrum_kai.rm

Neel D
26th August 2008, 03:29 AM
Pick #680

Song: pUvE iLampUvE
Singers: S.P.Balasubramanyam, Minmini

This week we will cover all songs from "Mangala Nayagan". They are all 80s style melodies.

Today's pick is for Sandhya and Ganesh when they were lovers, picturized on the beautiful mountain locations around Ooty.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/puve_ilampuve.rm

Neel D
26th August 2008, 11:12 PM
Pick #681

Song: en kaNmaNi

Today's pick is for Ilavarasi and Ganesh after Ilavarasi starts liking Babu and stops fighting with Ganesh. The three go out to an amusement park to spend the day and that is where this song was filmed.

By the way, Ilavarasi looked really beautiful in this film. Unlike the awkward teenage look she had in her initial films, in "Mangala Nayagan" she had blossomed into a beautiful young adult.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/en_kanmani_mn.rm

Neel D
28th August 2008, 12:13 AM
Pick #682

Song: mAnE mAnE
Singer: Minmini

After Sandhya delivers her baby the police take her away to jail leaving the baby with YGM. The baby keeps crying incessantly in YGM's arms while Sandhya is in jail suffering from the pain of lactation. Finally, YGM goes to police and begs them to take the baby to the mother. The police feel sorry for him and take the baby to Sandhya. The song plays in the background as Sandhya nurses the baby and as the events in her life flash on the screen.

Never heard of this Sandhya before. She gave a good performance. Anyone have any details about her?

Minmini's expressiveness is good in this song.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/mane_mane_mn.rm

app_engine
28th August 2008, 12:25 AM
மங்கலநாயகனையும் அதன் பாடல்களையும் இப்படி 15 வருடங்கள் கழித்து அலசுவீர்கள் என அந்தப்படம் சம்பந்தப்பட்டவர்கள் கூடக்கண்டிப்பாக நினைத்திருக்க மாட்டார்கள்:-)

NOM:-))

rajeshkrv
28th August 2008, 12:50 AM
Neel sandhya did quite few roles in TFM and also ended up doing an item number which had the highest controversy yes Eppadi eppadi from indhu.
Sandhya did role as vijayakanth's sister in Amman kovil kizhakale.
Ganesh is Jayachitra's husband and he played as hero in this movie.

Neel D
28th August 2008, 10:14 PM
app_engine, :)
Other than the cinematic ending "Mangala Nayagan" is a very decent film. No item numbers, no comedy track, no gaana songs, five clean melodies though nothing extraordinary, only two fights, neat performance by Ilavarasi and Sandhya (Ganesh is okay), YGM in a non-comic role (now that alone deserves a national award for the director).

rajeshkrv, thanks for the details.

Neel D
28th August 2008, 10:15 PM
Pick #683

Song: thanggaththai kaNdeduththEn
Singers: K.S.Chitra, Mano, Minmini

Today's pick is for Ganesh, Ilavarasi and Sandhya at the birthday party for their son. Nice lyrics that remind the good old days of the 60s and 70s when song situations like this were more common in Tamil films.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/thanggaththai_mn.rm

SN23
29th August 2008, 10:35 AM
Neel: Your effort to show-case the good numbers from not-a-hit film is appreciated. I liked Thangath-thai kaNdeduththEn. It sounds similar to Sevvandhi pooveduthEn (sung by PS & Unni Menon for a Bhanupriya starred movie). Minmini sang her part very well, IMO. As usual Mano's singing is very artificial and strainful in this song. Is iot really KSC?

JC's husband acted in movie???? Never heard. Thanks RajeshKRV for the info.

Neel D
30th August 2008, 07:14 PM
Thank you SN23. I thought it was a decent film with decent songs. But as you have observed also, some of the singers have given lackluster renditions.

Neel D
30th August 2008, 07:16 PM
Pick #684

Song: muthu muthu punnagaiyE
Film: Oru Koyil Iru Dheepangal
Music: V.Dhakshinamurthi
Year: 1979

Cinesouth credits the music of "Oru Koyil Iru Dheepangal" to V.Dhakshinamurthi. The film apparently starred Vijay and Saroja in the lead. Never heard of them before. Directed by S.P.Muthuraman.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/muthu_muthu_okid.rm

tvsankar
30th August 2008, 07:35 PM
Dear Neel,
Thanks for thangathai.

Muthu muthu punnagai - pona jenmathil
ketta madhiri oru feelings.

Inga romba power cut Neel. So neenga
ezhudhina film oda story ai padikalai.
padichuduven...
Big thanks Neel...

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

balaji
31st August 2008, 07:39 PM
Neel

Nice song from OKID..

Wasn't "Endha Padhai Enge Payanam..' by KJY from the same film.

I think this movie had all new comers. The one person I remember is Prasanna (who was famous in the drama circle) and had one hit film in the 80s. (some visu type film..)

Thanks
Bala

SN23
1st September 2008, 12:13 PM
Neel:

One more good song. As Ushaji said eppavO munnoru kalathil kEtta mAdiri irukku. I remember only few lines in this song. Kalloori padippil zero KAdhal nadippil hero :-)

I think it was by Vijaybabu and "Vadaimalai" fame Saroja. Malayalam Dakshinamurthy scored music (Not Telugu DKM). He scored music for Jeeva nAdi (Ravichandran and Lakshmi starrer)also, if I am correct.

Ushaji: Neenga chennai-yaa? Yes, power-cut thaanga mudiyalai. Too much :-)

Neel D
3rd September 2008, 02:59 AM
Usha, you are welcome. I know, the powercut in Tamilnadu has become an international news. It must be really frustrating.

balaji, thanks.

SN23, thanks for the details.

Neel D
3rd September 2008, 03:00 AM
Pick #685

Song: ambigaiyE unnai nambi
Film: Oli Piranthathu
Singer: S.P.Balasubramanyam

"Oli Piranthathu" starred Vijayan and Menaka. Though I remember the title of the film from way back when, I have not seen the film nor do I have any idea about the story or the context of the song. Please fill in if you do.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/ambigaiye_unnai.rm

madhu
3rd September 2008, 03:50 AM
Hi Neel..

romba naaLAchu indha pAttai kEttu.. :musicsmile:

idhu "Durai" padam-nu mattumthAn ninaivu irukku.

oru website-la lyricist Alangudi somu-nnu pottirukku

madhu
3rd September 2008, 03:59 AM
idhai thavira..

"Erikarai thOttathula Ezhai vacha vAzhai kannu" by PS..

"yArangE .. vA ingE mandhiriyin pathini naan" by LRE

and "ada kadangaara pAvingaLA" :rotfl: by Malaysia Vasudevan

idhellAm irukkaradhA pOttirukku..

Except PS song.. matha reNdum nAn kEttadhE illeengO ! :shaking:

RC
3rd September 2008, 07:36 AM
Neel D: ungaLa maadhiri enakku kadha solla theriyaadhu... :P

The story is about Vijayan, a taxi driver, falling in love with the next door girl Menaka only to realize that she is the wife of the old man of the house. The old man dies in the process of rescuing their property. Vijayan and his mom provide all the help to Menaka. In the end Menaka dies after consuming poison.

madhu: sollittIngaLLaa... Priya vandhu ungaLukku ellaa paattum anuppuvaanga :P

madhu
3rd September 2008, 12:44 PM
madhu: sollittIngaLLaa... Priya vandhu ungaLukku ellaa paattum anuppuvaanga :P

:shaking: :shaking: :shaking: :yessir:

Neel D
5th September 2008, 12:23 AM
madhu, thanks for the song list. I cannot recall any of those either.

RC, kathaikkum padaththin thalaippukkum sambandhamE illai. May be they meant to convey that considering her wretched existence her death actually brought her life. Irony? :roll:

All,
I will be on vacation the next three weeks. I may not be able to post songs during that time though I will be visiting whenever I can access internet. RR will fill in as much as he can hosting songs during the next three weeks. We all know that it is an added responsibility for RR on top of administering this whole website. Please bear with us. Thanks.

Neel D
5th September 2008, 12:27 AM
Pick #686

Song: veNNilavil kaNkavarum
Singers: L.R.Eswari, S.P.Balasubramanyam, Vani Jairam

I have no details about this song. I am guessing the music is by MSV. Please fill in the details.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/vennilavil_kan.rm

RR
10th September 2008, 10:12 AM
Hi PoW fans,

Neel is away so I'll post some fillers till he returns. The first one will come later today. Meanwhile, a few songs from old PoW's in memory of Kunnakkudi:

* ezhudhi ezhuthi pazhagi vanthen (PoW #63) - http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=81317#81317

* azhage thamizhe (PoW #83) - http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=100057#100057

* sarigamapathani (PoW #211) - http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=264705#264705

* maalai vanna maalai (PoW #315) -> http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=575032#575032

* anangan angathan (PoW #339) -> http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=636308#636308

RR
12th September 2008, 09:10 AM
Pick #687 and #688

Song 1: yEnindha mouna raagam (P. Susheela)
Song 2: muthu panthalil (TNS & SJ)

Film: thOdi rAgam
MD: Kunnakkudi Vaidhyanathan

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/pow07/aenindha_tr.mp3 (Song 1)
http://raretfm.mayyam.com/pow07/muthu_tr.mp3 (song 2)

To quote from my older posts "I think kunnakkudi is one of the most successful MD's who crossed-over from pure canatic to films. I like many of his filmy tunes. Several of them were lilting - especially the very light classical numbers".

Today's picks are two fine examples of this. Note his violin delineations in Song 1, and, for raga enthusiasts, how he brings out the gist of the ragas beautifully in Song 2 (It's a ragamalika - the raga names are there in the lyrics).

I don't know much about the movie apart from the stars TNS & Nalini. Madhu,RC or anyone can post story or at least the song situations? Tks.

priya32
12th September 2008, 10:00 PM
RR...thanks for ' yEnindha mouna raagam', 'muthu panthalil'.

I like 'muthu panthalil' song...romba varushaththukku appuRam kEtkka chance kidaichirukku...thanks!! :)

RR
13th September 2008, 07:23 AM
Priya,

Glad you liked it. It must be the only duet of TN. Sheshagopalan, rt? :)

priya32
14th September 2008, 06:39 PM
Priya,

Glad you liked it. It must be the only duet of TN. Sheshagopalan, rt? :)

RR,

naanum appadiththaan ninaikkiREn! :)

NOV
14th September 2008, 08:46 PM
Madhu,RC or anyone can post story or at least the song situations? Tks.Give me some time... will be writing in KV memorial thread soon. :)

SN23
16th September 2008, 11:35 AM
Thanks RR for the Thodi Raagam song. Mesmorising solo by PS. Guess Nalini, after consuming poison, sings this song. Excellent.

RR
16th September 2008, 03:20 PM
Thanks Swami for the song picturisation details. BTW NOV has posted the gist of thodi raagam movie plot here: http://mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=1535876#1535876

I'll post the next song tomorrow. It's a SPB, PS 'promising' duet.

madhu
16th September 2008, 07:20 PM
ennathu athu... "Sathiyam" padathu song-A ?

vel1970
16th September 2008, 09:16 PM
Oh krishna prabhu unnidam naan vanden... is a superb Thodi based song. Again Susila's solo I think. Some Sumithra movie.

Is Velli malai mannavaa by S.Varalakshmi also Thodi based?

Yeninda mouna raagam solo is without any interludes... after beginning violin piece, Pallavi and charanams are continuously sung. Something different attempt by Kunnakudi/PS. For each charanam PS adds the feel/expression brilliantly. Pani thirai manam enna.... is sung from heart. Superb.

RR
17th September 2008, 09:16 AM
vel1970, thanks, but I don't think velli malai is thodi based. One of the best light classical I have heard is 'thaamarai poovil amarnthavaLe' but of course it's not a film song.

madhu: no, the clue was for the song (not movie name). Anyway it's coming in next post.

tfmlover
17th September 2008, 10:15 AM
Thodiyil Paadugindren Odi nee Varuvaai Muruga '
link kedaikumaa pls
thanks
regards

RR
17th September 2008, 12:14 PM
Pick #688

Song: kadavuL mIthu ANai
Film: Radha

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/pow07/kadavul_r.rm

This is not really a rare song, but we can enjoy it nonetheless. Thanks to Priya for the song.

RR
17th September 2008, 12:17 PM
tfmlover,

Got to rip it. Will send you later.

Nazir sultan
17th September 2008, 01:41 PM
Good song to hear and provoking nostalgia.

Thanks

Nazir Sultan

tvsankar
18th September 2008, 12:56 AM
Dear RR and priya,
Thanks for the rare one.

Cylone Radio vil evening il indha
padalai ketta natkal ninaivil varugiradhu....
K.S. Raaja vin voice il......

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

NOV
18th September 2008, 06:00 AM
Lovely song RR. SPB of the 70s was :thumbsup: Very nostalgic song. Our Late JN had provided the lyrics:

kadavuL mIdhu aaNai unnaik kai vida maattEn
uyir kaadhal mIdhu aaNai vERu kai thoda maattEn

paccaip pullil meththai viriththu panjca varNak kiLLai iraNdu
iccai thIrak kattip puraNdu viLaiyaadum pOdhu
pattap pagal nEram enRu pettai mayangka
aasaikkenna nEram enRu aaNum nerungka
idam thantha pinnaal eNNam thadam maaRumO

paniyitta muththam malaril
kaniyitta muththam kiLaiyil
mugil itta muththam malaiyil naan paarkkiREn
kattazagan itta muththam pattu idhazil
thiththikkinRa kaalam varum paLLiyaRaiyil
maNap panthal maalai ellaam vara vENdumO

natha1729
18th September 2008, 10:17 AM
glorious duet, captivating throughout. used to think it was MSV

RR
19th September 2008, 08:25 AM
Thanks Nazir Sultan, Usha sankar, NOV, natha1729 for the nostalgic comments.

Anyone wants to guess the next song? Clue: Sivakumar, SG. It's a duet too.

NOV
19th September 2008, 08:47 AM
too many to guess RR. :lol:

I'd like TMS-PS paruththi edukkaiyilE

RR
19th September 2008, 11:17 AM
That's why I said 'guess'. :) Ok, I'll give you one more clue: SPB,SJ.

RR
19th September 2008, 01:21 PM
Pick #689

Song: charanam charanam
Film: Pournami Alaigal
Singers: SPB, SJ

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/pow07/charanam_pa.rm

Another pleasing song by the duo. Thanks again to priya for the song.

On the movie, as usual I don't know much about it. Over to you guys NOV, madhu, SN23, etc for the plot & picturisation.

madhu
19th September 2008, 08:14 PM
Hi

I think lyrics by pulamaipithan..

other good songs like "nizhal thEdi vandhEn" and "thEn pAyum vELai"

are also worth hearing..

indha padathula yEshai advocate sivakumar wife
paNakkAra ambika avarai madhikkAma
mattamA nadathuvAnga....

appO revathi-kkAga vAdhada sivakumar mun vara
thambadhigaLUkkuL sandai mutrugiradhu..

kadaisi-la ambika manasu maara.. Revathi sister aaga..

subam.

indha pattu vara situation-thAn maRandhu pochu :noteeth:

RC
20th September 2008, 10:15 PM
enakkum indha paattu kEttaapla illai... May be Sivakumar kanavula ambica kUda paadura paatta irukkumO?

priya32
20th September 2008, 11:02 PM
enakkum indha paattu kEttaapla illai... May be Sivakumar kanavula ambica kUda paadura paatta irukkumO?

RC...You are right!

I just saw 'powrnami alaigaL' yesterday night on DVD! :)

It is a dream scene in the movie by Siva Kumar with Ambika!

RR
22nd September 2008, 01:24 PM
Thanks madhu, RC and priya!

Neel is back, so I pass the baton to him..

Meerakrishna
22nd September 2008, 06:21 PM
Nice Song, I have this song but I love to listen one more time here. Thanks.

regards
Meera.

madhu
22nd September 2008, 08:06 PM
Neel vandhAchAm ! :redjump:

Neel D
22nd September 2008, 10:04 PM
Hi y'all,

I am back. Hope all was well while I was away. Thanks to RR for filling in. I will continue to post as usual. Bear with me for the first two weeks till I get back to my usual routine.

Thanks madhu. :)

Neel D
22nd September 2008, 10:06 PM
Pick #690

Song: Oh muthal muRai
Film: Dhooram Adhigamillai
Singers: S.P.Balasubramanyam, Vani Jairam
Year: 1983

I have some details on this song but not currently handy. I will post it when I find it. Or, anyone can fill in the blanks.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/oh_muthal_murai.rm

Naaz
22nd September 2008, 11:58 PM
Touched again by a lost love! Had not heard it in years...and TFMpage brings it back like mana from the heavens! Silirppu is the word!
I'll take the prompt:
The film is Dhooram Adhigamillai (originally titled as Aaraavamudhu Sound Service!?), another middling effort by Robert Rajasekaran. Viji and Karthik in the lead, with Janakaraj in there somewhere. Score by SG. The lyrics are by Vairamuthu (most likely.)
Another fine solo by VJ from the same film is "Ilamkuyilin Ilaya Raagam, Kaadhodu Paadum Gaanam..."
Thanks for the alerts through the VJ Yahoo Discussion Group! Keep them coming, Priya and Neel D!

baroque
23rd September 2008, 02:16 AM
:bluejump: :redjump: :musicsmile:
love you, Neel & Priya.
:ty: :ty: :ty: for a fine pattu break.
vinatha.

gingerbeehk
24th September 2008, 10:25 AM
Pick #686

I have no details about this song. I am guessing the music is by MSV. Please fill in the details.

Vennilavil...arumaiyaana fast beat song. Nandri NeelD... Intha paatai ippothuthaam muthal muraiyaaga ketkkiren. Entha padathil idam petra paatu endru yaaravathu sollungalen...please.

Jack

Neel D
25th September 2008, 08:58 AM
Naaz, thanks for the details.
baroque & Jack, thanks.

Neel D
25th September 2008, 09:00 AM
Pick #691

Song: pUngkARRE pUngkARRE
Film: Sandhana Malargal

I don't have much details on this song. Please fill in if you do.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/pungkarre_sm.rm

Naaz
25th September 2008, 09:07 PM
Neel D -

Guess I must be the only one around here that ACTUALLY saw Sandhana Malargal! Blessing or Curse, that's up for a toss.
And don't ask me what it was about! Small blessing - I am glad I don't remember!
All I remember is this: Sudhakar, Radhika, and Vijayashanthi in the lead roles. The director was Nivas (BR cinematographer) or Santhana Bharathi (Panneer Pushpangal), and the music (just a good guess) was by GA.
There! I've done my bit!

Neel D
26th September 2008, 11:45 AM
Naaz, thanks for the details. The next song may need your help too. :)

Y'all,
After today's song, I will return on next Monday or Tuesday with another song.

Neel D
26th September 2008, 11:46 AM
Pick #692

Song: aivagai malargaLai
Film: Adhikaram
Singers: S.Janaki, S.N.Surendar

Beautiful song. Don't know much about the film.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/aivagai.rm

baroque
27th September 2008, 01:23 AM
:bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump: :redjump: :musicsmile:

:ty: Neel.

I woke up to Jodi nadhigal.... this friday.
orey Raaja meley kaadhal :D , running around with a smile in my face :oops: .. now you doubled the pleasure. vinatha

priya32
27th September 2008, 01:40 AM
நீல்,

ரொம்பவே அழகான, நான் இதுக்கு முன்னால் கேட்காத பாட்டா இருக்கு! :)

நன்றியுடன்,
ப்ரியா

natha1729
27th September 2008, 11:08 PM
Pick #692

Song: aivagai malargaLai
Film: Adhikaram
Singers: S.Janaki, S.N.Surendar

Beautiful song. Don't know much about the film.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/aivagai.rm

Thanks, Neel D. this used to played on ilankai oliparappu almost every day early 80s. has a great tempo and a just an amazing prelude. adhikaram has another equally beautiful song, i don't remember.

natha1729
27th September 2008, 11:11 PM
another MSV original, beatuiful

Pick #686

Vennilavil...arumaiyaana fast beat song. Nandri NeelD... Intha paatai ippothuthaam muthal muraiyaaga ketkkiren. Entha padathil idam petra paatu endru yaaravathu sollungalen...please.

Jack

natha1729
27th September 2008, 11:13 PM
a RARE MISS, NEVER heard this before. Thanks, NEEL D

Pick #690

Song: Oh muthal muRai

I have some details on this song but not currently handy. I will post it when I find it. Or, anyone can fill in the blanks.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/oh_muthal_murai.rm

Neel D
30th September 2008, 01:20 AM
baroque, Priya and natha1729, thank you.

Neel D
30th September 2008, 01:21 AM
Pick #693

Song: manam unnai dhinam
Film: Yaro Azhaikkirargal
Singer: P.Jayachandran

The film has other songs that are very popular. But today's pick is also a good song.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/manam_unnai.rm

baroque
30th September 2008, 04:26 AM
Good selection, Neel.

Just this morning I was enjoying my P.J old tape.

Velli nilaaviniley thamizh veenai vandhadhu... longing for enchanting golden days.

Beautiful early Raaja pattu, perfect singing by P.J with flute calls, enchanting orchestration... romba emotional this morning while driving... :) thinking of vividhbarathi, chathiram bus stand days, Srirangam line of gopurams etc...
Here you are hosting manam..... :ty: like the orchestration too.
I have Paal nilavu.... , memorable composition from the same movie.
Lyrics by Rajan Sharma & Year - 1979 nnu pottuyerukku.

Couple of other P.J favorites, quite often I enjoy

muththu radhamo... with Vani...SG
kalai maamaniye... with Vani...SG
kavithai arangerum....with Janaki...MSV
oothakkaaththu.....with Janaki...IR
sevvanamey ponmegamey...IR
chithira sevvanam...
oru vaanavil pole...
thendraladhu unnidathil...
vaa kadal alaiye..
thevikkudhu thayangudhu..
manjal nilavukku...
aadi velli...
en mel vizhundha mazhai...
chithirai nilavu....
list goes on..

love, Vinatha.

Neel D
1st October 2008, 06:52 AM
baroque, you are welcome. And that is a nice list of PJ songs.

Neel D
1st October 2008, 06:54 AM
Pick #694

Song: Anandha vINai
Film: Melathaalangal
Music: Ramesh Naidu

Nice song. The film apparently starred Jaisankar and Sripriya.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/anandha_vinai.rm

tvsankar
1st October 2008, 10:15 AM
Dear Neel,
Thanks for the song.

IR period il - ketka vaitha padal...

Nice tune. School days ai ninaivu paduthugiradhu.... hmmmm

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

Naaz
1st October 2008, 08:29 PM
Neel D -

This is a lovely tune! Thanks for bringing it back here!

baroque
2nd October 2008, 01:01 AM
Delicious Loverboy with Janaki :musicsmile:
:ty: Neel for a charming musical lunch break.
Vinatha.

Neel D
2nd October 2008, 05:14 PM
Usha, Naaz and baroque, you are welcome.

Neel D
2nd October 2008, 05:17 PM
Pick #695

Song: uLLE vanthathu
Film: Rajanadai
Singers: Shobha Chandrasekar, Mano
Lyrics: One of (Vaali, Pulamaipithan)
Year: 1989

I heard this song for the first time only yesterday. It really caught my attention. Not sure if it is because of the slightly unusual lyrics, or the rarely heard female voice, or if it is just MSV's composition. Notice when you thought that the lines of the charanam would begin, the pallavi is repeated and then cleverly transformed. And for a song this long there is only one charanam with some nice long interludes and prelude. Also a nice change in the last pallavi with "ini pOga manamillai...".

The film apparently starred Vijaykant, Seetha, and Gowthami and directed by S.A.Chandrasekar.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/ulle_vanthathu.rm

tvsankar
4th October 2008, 08:46 PM
Dear Neel,
4 time keten.vidhyasama nalla iruku ....

Nice tune from MSV. Thanks for the song.

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

Neel D
5th October 2008, 02:46 AM
Usha, you are welcome. It certainly is an unusual song.

Neel D
5th October 2008, 02:47 AM
Pick #696

Song: oru nAL kEttathu
Film: Nalla Penmani
Singer: P.Susheela
Year: 1976

Beautiful song by VK and PS. The film starred Muthuraman and Sowkar Janaki.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/oru_nal_kettathu.rm

Nazir sultan
6th October 2008, 10:18 AM
Yes good song!

Another the song I like very much from this film

Inangalile enna Inam penninam

SN23
6th October 2008, 12:48 PM
Guess the lyrics is by Vaali.

Smooth and romantic solo by PS for Srividya. I have watched this song in DVD. Love the romantic chemistry between Muthuraman and Srividya. I remember Jaya (W/o. Guhanathan) also acted as another heroine. Major and Sowcar acted as Annan & Anni for Srividya.

Neel D
7th October 2008, 06:55 AM
Nazir & SN23, thank you.

Neel D
7th October 2008, 06:56 AM
Pick #697

Song: ellAm therikiRathu
Film: Poikkaal Kuthirai
Lyrics: Vaali

MSV scored some really nice songs for Poikkaal Kuthirai. The film starred Viji and Ramakrishna, and was directed by K.Balachandar. Ramakrishna, pretending to be blind, sings this song to Viji who had just come out of the shower and she enjoys the song unaware that he is not really blind.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/ellam_therikira.rm

tvsankar
7th October 2008, 10:20 AM
Dear Neel,
Thanks for the nice song.

Padalin arambathil varum humming - very beautiful...

Typical MSV touch... Nice to hear...
Mellisai Mannar - Evvalavu unmai....

SPB - style illadha SPB ya....

Thanks for the song...

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

disk.box
7th October 2008, 02:53 PM
ஏதோ இயற்கையை ரஸித்துப் பாடும் பாடல் என நினைத்து இத்தனை நாளும் கேட்டுக்கொண்டிக்கிறேன் . 8-)

சிரிப்பு மட்டும் கொஞ்சம் உறுத்திக்கொண்டே இருந்தது. :lol:

பகிர்ந்தமைக்கு நன்றி மதிப்பிற்குரிய Neel D அவர்களே! :)

(பாடலின் ஆரம்பத்தில் வருவது கௌஸல்யா அவர்களின் குரல் என எங்கோ பார்த்த ஞாபகம் )

gingerbeehk
7th October 2008, 09:56 PM
ஆஹா..எஸ்.பி.பியின் தனிச்சிறப்பான ஸ்டைல், கொஞ்சல்,கலந்த பரவச பாடல். எப்போதோ கேட்ட ஞாபகம்...ரொம்ப நன்றி காலம் கடந்து கேட்பதற்கு இந்த பாடலை கொடுத்த நண்பர் NeelD அவர்களுக்கு.

நட்புடன்,
Jack

Neel D
8th October 2008, 01:14 AM
Usha, disk.box and Jack, you are welcome.

Neel D
8th October 2008, 01:15 AM
Pick #698

Song: unnai enakku

This song was picturized on Raveendar. He daydreams of singing duets with film stars Vanitha and Suhasini.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/unnai_enakku.rm

disk.box
8th October 2008, 02:09 AM
முதன் முறையாகக் கேட்கிறேன்.
பாடலில் வழக்கமான "சுப்பு செல்லம்" வகை சிறப்புகள்.

நன்றி மதிப்பிற்குரிய Neel D அவர்களே! :)

Neel D
8th October 2008, 02:51 AM
disk.box,
என் அறியாமையை மன்னியுங்கள். யார் அந்த சுப்பு செல்லம்?

disk.box
8th October 2008, 03:11 AM
தாங்கள்தான் என்னை மன்னிக்கவேண்டும் மதிப்பிற்குரிய Neel D அவர்களே! :(

பின்னணிப்பாடலரசர் "எஸ்.பி.பாலசுப்ரமணியம்" அவர்கள்தான் அந்த "சுப்பு செல்லம்".

Neel D
8th October 2008, 03:56 AM
disk.box,
ஓ... அது நீங்கள் எஸ்.பி.பிக்கு வைத்திருக்கும் செல்லப்பெயரா? அவருக்குத்தான் எத்தனை செல்லப்பெயர்கள்? (lover boy, etc.) கொடுத்து வைத்தவர் அந்த சுப்பு! :)

Neel D
9th October 2008, 04:16 PM
Pick #699

Song: pottu vechcha

Let us round off the week with this fun song. Play the song, close your eyes and you can see a poikkaal kuthirai aattaam. That is MSV!

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/pottu_vechcha.rm

tvsankar
9th October 2008, 06:02 PM
Dear Neel,
Thanks for the song.

Indha padathil kettadhum pidicha paatu
idhu dhan enaku.....

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

priya32
9th October 2008, 06:09 PM
Pick #697

Song: ellAm therikiRathu

MSV scored some really nice songs for Poikkaal Kuthirai. The film starred Viji and Ramakrishna, and was directed by K.Balachandar. Ramakrishna, pretending to be blind, sings this song to Viji who had just come out of the shower and she enjoys the song unaware that he is not really blind.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/ellam_therikira.rm

Neel,

Thanks for this 'Lovely Song', eppO kEtta pAdalai...ippO (மறந்தேபோன) 'ஞாபகப்படுத்தியதற்கு நன்றி'! :)

ப்ரியா

baroque
10th October 2008, 01:36 AM
Viswanathan unleashed raw, folkish kaattan in tamizhkaran Vasu.
Vani can tackle... Way to go girl!
SEXY

:musicsmile: :bluejump: :redjump:
Neel, I am taking as a navarathri gift from you! :ty: :ty: :ty: YOU MAKE ME HAPPY! :) Vinatha.

Neel D
10th October 2008, 03:09 AM
Usha, Priya & baroque, you are welcome.
baroque, did you mean to say nAttuppuRaththAn? I believe kaattaan is not a very flattering term. :)

Neel D
11th October 2008, 08:45 PM
Pick #700

Song: pUvO pUvu
Film: Raja Veettu Pillai
Music: S.M.Subbiah Naidu
Singer: L.R.Eswari
Year: 1967

Few months ago we featured one of S.M.Subbiah Naidu's songs from the film Ezhai Padum Paadu(1950). Today's pick came several years later and SMS proves that he kept up with time, trend and technology.

"Raja Veettu Pillai" starred Jaisankar and Jayalalitha and was directed by Dada Mirazi. "pUvO pUvu" was picturized on the young and cute Jayalalitha selling flowers on the street. Few months ago we featured an LRE classic in which she was, again, hawking flowers on the street (muppathu paisA from the film Pookkaari). Today's song is another LRE classic. oho ammOOOOi...!

On a side note, M.S.Viswanathan when he was still a teenager started his apprenticeship with S.M.Subbiah Naidu in the mid 1940s at Central Studios in Coimbatore.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/puvo_puvu.rm

Neel D
13th October 2008, 11:07 PM
Pick #701

Song: paiththiyakkAran paththum
Film: Raja Veettu Pillai
Music: S.M.Subbiah Naidu
Singer: T.M.Sounderarajan
Year: 1967

A nice and rare philosophical song. TMS at his best. The song was picturized on Jaisankar.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/paiththiyakkaran.rm

rbow
15th October 2008, 02:51 AM
good song.

LRE sings another song 'raja veetu pen aanaalum' with TMS in the film.

'anru ninaithom' and 'oorukellam poo sootum' are other duets by TMS and PS.

Neel D
15th October 2008, 09:26 PM
baroque & rbow, thanks.
rbow, welcome to the thread.

Neel D
15th October 2008, 09:27 PM
http://raretfm.mayyam.com/pow07/images/dtkaattil.jpg
Pick #702

Song: pAttukkAran pAdi
Film: Dhikku Theriyatha Kaattil
Singers: L.R.Eswari, B.Vasantha, S.P.Balasubramanyam

Today's pick is a great fun song by MSV. All songs from Dhikku Theriyatha Kaattil are good songs. The film starred Muthuraman, Jayalalitha, Baby Sumathi(where is she now?), and others. Today's pick was picturized on V.Gopalakrishnan, Sachu and eight others.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/pattukkaran.rm

Neel D
16th October 2008, 09:11 PM
Pick #703

Song: kuLiradikkuthE kitta vA
Singers: L.R.Eswari, S.Janaki, S.P.Balasubramanyam, Saibaba

Let us round off the week with another fun song from Dhikku Theriyatha Kaattil. Today's pick was picturized on the same gang as the previous pick.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/kuliradikkuthe.rm

tvsankar
17th October 2008, 12:49 AM
Dear Neel,
SPB Songs a kalakareenga... Thanks.

Innum Rare Gems of SPB songs poda ennudaiya Vaazhthukal Neel.

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

baroque
17th October 2008, 11:28 AM
Very familiar song, Neel. :thumbsup: Quite often I listen.
I love to check out the SG's composition.
I know oodam nathiyiniley...,kalliley kalai vannam....,paalattril..., aadi adangum.... etc.. songs. I don't know the composition you mention.

If you are done fine.:)
Full throated Seergazhi G kedaikkalai paravaayillai...
Our energy is flying high with Rahman :)
we are blasting the DRAMATIC orchestral pop+sufi+hindustani dil ka rishta...YUVVRAAJ... Rahman is addictive with his dramatic sufi swara sargams like tere bina...GURU. :bluejump: :swinghead:
Vinatha.

Neel D
18th October 2008, 10:03 AM
Usha, you are welcome.

baroque, thanks. I will post the Seergazhi song in the next few days.

Neel D
19th October 2008, 05:07 AM
Pick #704

Song: unnai sandhiththEn
Film: Naangal Puthiyavargal
Music: Chandrabose
Singers: K.J.Yesudas, Vani Jairam

Another lovely melody from Chandrabose. The film apparently starred Murali, Rekha and Raja.

Thanks to sk for sending this song.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/unnai_sandhithen.rm

baroque
19th October 2008, 10:53 AM
thanks SK, never heard of the musical.
Sure Neel, please host when you can.
vinatha.

madhu
20th October 2008, 06:06 AM
baroque, thanks. I will post the Seergazhi song in the next few days.

hayya..

'namba vaithu kooti sella naalu pEr vazhiyil uNdu
yArukkedhu nEram enRu AndavanE aRivadhuNdu'

Neel D
20th October 2008, 10:29 PM
http://raretfm.mayyam.com/pow07/images/kkmegangal.jpg

Pick #705

Song: ilaigaL mIdhum
Film: Kulirkaala Megangal
Year: 1986

"Kulirkaala Megangal" directed by Sridhar had great songs just like any other Sridhar film. He knew how to work the composers no matter what decade and which composer. Sridhar's contribution to Tamil film music is just as great as his contribution to Tamil films in general. Let us celebrate Sridhar's life with this beautiful song.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/ilaigal_midhum.rm

tvsankar
20th October 2008, 10:39 PM
Dear Neel,
THanks for the song. SG kite irundhu
indha tune ku karanam - Sridhar aga
than irukum....
Enna kadhai indha padam Neel...

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

Neel D
21st October 2008, 08:56 AM
Usha, you are welcome. I saw the film few years ago. It was an average film, not a memorable one. If I remember correctly the story happens in Ooty (or Kodaikanal?). There is a rich man(Jaiganesh or Jaisankar?) who owns a big estate and a horse ranch. Arjun is either his son or someone who works on the ranch(Arjun was as handsome as ever). Sadhana and Arjun fall in love. There was Vanitha too, sadly doing comedy. The story revolves around Jaiganesh trying to get his son or daughter married and the money and power problems he faces.

gingerbeehk
21st October 2008, 06:14 PM
ஸ்ரீதர் அவர்கள் இயக்கத்தில் சங்கர்-கணேஷ் இசையமைப்பில் படம் ஒன்று வந்துள்ளது என்பதே புதிய செய்தி எனக்கு. அதிலும் இந்த பாடல் உண்மையிலேயே சூப்பர்தான். இந்த படத்தின் மற்ற பாடல்கள் இருந்தாலும் பதிவு செய்யுங்கள்..ப்ளீஸ். ஸ்ரீதர் அவர்கள் இப்போது நம்மிடம் இல்லை என்றாலும், அவர் இயக்கிய காலத்தால் அழியாத படங்களும், மனதை விட்டு அகலாத அவர் படத்தின் பாடல்களும் காலம் உள்ள மட்டும் அவரை வாழவைத்துக்கொண்டு இருக்கும். என்றும் அழியா திரைச்சிற்பி அவர். அவர் ஆத்மா சாந்தி அடையட்டும்.

இசைப்பித்தன்,
Jack

priya32
21st October 2008, 06:21 PM
Neel,

arumaiyAna SPB & Vani Jeyaram (my favorite duet jOdi) iNainthu paadiya paadal!

kEtkka kEtkka nenjai urukkuthu! :)

Thanks,
Priya

raagadevan
21st October 2008, 11:01 PM
Another song from kuLiRkaala mEgangaL:

"vaanam sevvaanam veNmEgam..." (KJY/VJ)

http://music.cooltoad.com/music/song.php?id=188523

Neel D
22nd October 2008, 06:22 PM
Or here... http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=40538#40538

aanaa
22nd October 2008, 07:56 PM
ஸ்ரீதர்

. அவர் ஆத்மா சாந்தி அடையட்டும்.

இசைப்பித்தன்,
Jack

அவர் ஆத்மா சாந்தி அடையட்டும்

Neel D
22nd October 2008, 09:53 PM
Jack, Priya, raagadevan & aanaa, thanks.

Neel D
22nd October 2008, 10:00 PM
Pick #706

Song: kAttukkuLLa kALiyammA
Film: Meendum Parasakthi
Singer: Ilaiyaraja

"Meendum Parasakthi" was directed by A.Jagannathan. It was a horrendous film not worth the recycled paper its advertisement was printed on. The film had a huge cast, quite talented cast, who could have better spent their time at home with their families instead of acting in this film. Sivakumar, Nalini, Jaisankar, Vadivukkarasi, Y.Vijaya, Vinu Chakravarthi, K.K.Sounder, Srikanth, Charuhasan, Jayamalini, Kavundamani, Manorama... all for nothing... absolute waste. :argh: Why was the film titled "Meendum Parasakthi"? No idea. May be someone wanted to insult the original "Parasakthi"? Don't know. :curse: IR scored two average songs and two below average songs for this film. :evil: :evil: And I had the joy of watching this film. :banghead:

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/kattukkulla.rm

tvsankar
24th October 2008, 11:41 AM
Dear Neel,
Ipadi oru IR song kettahu ilai idhu varai,
IR voice keten. so Nambaren.....
Anyway, IR song - so its nice. hehehehe

Thanks for the rare one.

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

Neel D
24th October 2008, 09:38 PM
Usha, you are welcome. :)
Shakthiprabha, some films just need a special mention because they rank the best... if you are reading from the bottom of the list. :)

Neel D
24th October 2008, 09:39 PM
Pick #707

Song: kARRadikkum thisaiyinilE
Singers: Seergazhi Govindarajan

Wonderful song by the veNkala kural Seergazhi.

This song is a nEyargaL(baroque,madhu) viruppam.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/karradikkum.rm

madhu
25th October 2008, 06:19 AM
:ty: Neel

ennai meeNdum andha orange, white combination saree JJ, double deckere make-up pOtta muthuraman, frill frock sumathi, hair cut senjukitta thalaimudi vachirukkum yaanai kutti, pallavarayan nambiyar kaalathukke azhaichukittu pOyitteenga !!

Neel D
26th October 2008, 07:13 AM
baroque & madhu, you are welcome.

madhu, :) Jayalalitha, Muthuraman and Sumathi wear the same outfit, in typical 1970s colors, all through the film as they are lost in the forest, except during the kEttathellAm song which is a dream sequence. Good old days!

Neel D
26th October 2008, 07:19 AM
Pick #708

Song: vasanthamum nIyE
Film: Kanneer Pookkal
Singer: S.Janaki
Year: 1981

Happy Deepavali Everyone!

வசந்தமும் நீயே மலர்களும் நீயே
இளமாலை விளையாடும் இளந்தென்றல் நீயே
இசை கொஞ்சும் தமிழ் சிந்தும் சுகராகம் நீயே

A beautiful song by Shankar-Ganesh. Pleasing rendition by SJ and pretty lyrics by the lyricist(?).

This song is a long-pending nEyar(madhu) viruppam.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/vasanthamum_niye.rm

madhu
27th October 2008, 09:43 AM
what happened to my posts ? :confused2:

nEthaikku post senja reNdu messages-um kaaNaliyE ? :angry2:

madhu
27th October 2008, 09:45 AM
Hi Neeeeel..

Thanks a lot ! :ty:

You made my day ! :redjump: :bluejump:

( I was longing to hear this song for some years... en kuralil nAnE pAdi kEttu aluthu pOyiduchu :oops: )

indha DeepavaLikku enakku kidaicha pesal gift idhu !! :bow:

madhu

Naaz
27th October 2008, 11:52 AM
Neel D -

Absolute find!
Among SJs 10 best (which includes, En Dhaegam Amudham, Kanavu Ondru Thondruthae, Rasaavae Unna Nambi, En Raagangal, ...) from the 80s!
SG always got short shrift for their originals, albeit few and far between, they do linger to this day. When I heard this (after what seems like a lifetime) today, it brought back some of the softer moments in SGs curious and beguiling career:
Thanimaiyilae Oru Raagam, Kadalodu Nadhikenna Kobam, Devi / Devan Neeyae (VJ & SPB versions) Mazhaiyae, Mazhaiyae, Naan Thaayum Aanavan, Rendu Kannam, Alai Alaiyaaga, Naan Unna Nenachaen. Raagam Thaalam Pallavi...

A small note on Kanneer Pookkal: A film based on Sivasankari's "Aayul Thandanai", and produced by Girija Bakirisami. Sripriya, Roopa and Vijayan were the leads. This song was on the latter two.

Happy Deepavali!

P.S. Was "Sengarumbu..." from Adhaivida Ragasiyam, by SG?? Don't ask what brought me to this one!

Neel D
27th October 2008, 06:28 PM
baroque & madhu, you are welcome.

madhu, I saw those posts. But they were gone after a while. :huh:

Naaz, thanks. Those are really beautiful S-G songs you have listed. Thanks for the details about the film. "senggarumbu" is indeed from Athaivida Ragasiyam scored by S-G.

baroque
27th October 2008, 11:48 PM
Appadiyaa..
You boys are into nostalgia... S-G songs :bluejump: :redjump:
I am glowing in happiness this lunch hr with
thogai pullangkuzhal
dhegam roja idhazh :swinghead: :musicsmile:
LOVER BOY ROCKS!!

aanandhamaa illai perinbamaa
endru ariyaamal thadumaarinaal
aanandhanaa illai perinbamaa
endru ariyaamal thadumaarinaal
avan asaiyaamal mugam nokkinaan
ival atramal nilam nokkinaal
avan asaiyaamal mugam nokkinaan
ival atramal nilam nokkinaal

I am all giddy! :)
:ty: :ty: Shankar-Ganesh!

paal vanga enga amma sollamaley naan poyeduven! :D :)
adhey maari mallippokaran varuvaan by 4:30p.m.. gundu malli eduthundu.. I & my friend loved to run out side the colony to buy from him before he entered inside!:D :)

vinatha.

Neel D
29th October 2008, 12:20 AM
baroque,

பாடல் வரிகளில் ஆரம்பித்து பிறகு பாலுக்கும் பூவூக்கும் போயிட்டீங்களே? ஹ்ம்ம்ம்... :confused2:
random nostalgia-vaa?

Neel D
29th October 2008, 12:24 AM
Pick #709

Song: dheivam nIyE
Film: Aaasaigal

When I look back at the path we walked on along with the Tamil film music of the time I can see how it has shaped my(and possibly our) beliefs, sentiments, values, artistic standards, taste, etc., all in a good way and in a meaningful way. Recently I watched a new and hit Tamil film. It had five songs. None of those touched me in any way, artistically, intellectually, sentimentally... nothing whatsoever. Then I go back to my collection of old songs. Or come to this thread. Or someone mentions a bunch of songs from the bygone days. And I look back at the path we walked...

Today's pick is another classic by Shankar-Ganesh. She submits herself to her lover like a devotee to a deity. Great lyrics that stick to the concept from start to end. "dheivam nIyE" in the sweet voice of VJ.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/dheivam_niye.rm

baroque
29th October 2008, 01:21 AM
aamam ungalukku yellam sollanum... :)

paal vangum podhu, street kku vandhey poo vangumpodhu or near by post office, bank locker amma kooda pogumpodhu jolly aa kekkalam... anga tea shopley my street boys yeruppa.. pasangal knew we loved these songs, yengalai paarthavudan poduvaanga! :)

My warm Gajra ka halwa :slurp: for Shankar-Ganesh for his wonderful musicals ... :ty: for treating my senses!

Very nice pick, Neel.
This type of unruffled female/male solos
-
Aayalamaagum mangai manadhu....SUSHEELA-MSV
mazhaiyum neeye veyilum neeye...BALU-Maragadhamani
maalaiyil yaaro manadhodu pesa...JANAKI-IR
humein tumse pyar...KISHORE KUMAR-R.D.Burman
mohana punnagai.....YESUDAS-Vijay bhaskar
netru illadha maatram....CHITHRA-Rahman
jodi nathigal paadhai vilagi sendhana....BALU -IR etc..
all rasas/mood- celebrating, longing for the lover ) :musicsmile: are always heartwarming. :musicsmile: with a melodious, expressive singing & nice lyrics.

please host a male solo too.

I am finishing up my day with a Unni solo for Rahman bhaiya
Very serene, unruffled orchestration with flute lude ,mirudhangam, nice lyrics
Sahiye needhaan thunaiye
vizhi mel amarndha imaiye
aadhavan ponaal agaldhaan oliye..
inam theriyaamal inaindhom kiliye
bhoomikku neeridum bedhangal illai
poovukkum kaatrukkum vadhangal illai
nangu kangal kalandha pinnaley...:musicsmile:

love, vinatha.

madhu
29th October 2008, 05:58 AM
Neel..

this song makes me go back.... back... back..

BTW... appadiyE "nilAvai nEtRu pArthadhu" by VJ irundhA aLLi vidungaLEn ! :P

Naaz
29th October 2008, 08:46 AM
Neel D -

After I posted that impromptu list of songs by S-G, I actually listened to them in the same order (didn't have Mazhaiyae Mazhaiyae though).
It made for a flashback afternoon!
The contrast between the VJ and SPB versions of this solo is something to relish. SPB goes for the smooth, soothing vibe, whereas VJ embellishes her take with her own classical signatures. Both versions are a balm.

Neeyaa Azhaiththadhu, En Nenjil Minnal Adiththadhu...indha paattu irukkaa?

tvsankar
29th October 2008, 11:29 AM
Dear Neel,
Thanks for the nice melody from SG.

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

sivaramakrishnanG
29th October 2008, 06:22 PM
[quote="baroque"]aamam ungalukku yellam sollanum... :)

அன்பரே,
அழகான இந்தப்பாடலை பாடியவர் - ஸ்வர்ணலதா -
ஜானகி பாடவில்லை

madhu
29th October 2008, 08:23 PM
[quote=baroque]aamam ungalukku yellam sollanum... :)

அன்பரே,
அழகான இந்தப்பாடலை பாடியவர் - ஸ்வர்ணலதா -
ஜானகி பாடவில்லை

adhE mAdhiri...

nEtRu illAdha mAtRam kooda sujatha-thAn pAdinadhu..

Neel D
29th October 2008, 10:20 PM
baroque, ippa purinjathu. :)

madhu, I can't recall "nilAvai nERRu" and probably don't have it. What film is that from?

Naaz, for dual version songs, almost always the VJ version will be set at a faster tempo and a higher pitch. That is my observation.
"nIyA azhaiththathu" is a very popular song. Have you tried googling it?

Usha, you are welcome.

baroque
29th October 2008, 11:25 PM
Sivaramakrishnan sir & Madhu :) ... yeah, sorry about the mistakes.
Neel :)

Vinatha.

Neel D
30th October 2008, 11:55 PM
Pick #710

Song: adaimazai thURal
Film: Neethi Thoongaathu
Singers: Vani Jairam, P.Jayachandran

A nice duet by the famous duet pair VJ and PJ. Sounds like a Shankar-Ganesh composition. But don't know for sure. I have no details on the film. If you do please share.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/adaimazai_thural.rm

tvsankar
31st October 2008, 12:21 AM
Dear Neel,
SAnkar ganesh vaarama or maasama???

Anyway, sandhoshamana school days ninaivil
varugiradhu........
so year 80s aga irukalam nu thonudhu.....
SG Music ku uyir kodutha signers.........

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

madhu
31st October 2008, 05:13 AM
Hi Neel..

kEtta mAdhiri irukku.. but :confused2:

"nilAvai nEtRu" is from "unnai naan sandhithEn" renamed as "thyAga uLLam" *ng muthuraman and padmapriya.
another song from that film is "nAnO un adimai" by PS and KJY ( Or is it PJ ? )

Neel D
31st October 2008, 08:34 AM
Usha, thanks. Intha vaaram mattumthaan. :)

madhu, thanks. I can recall "nAnO un adimai". But not "nilAvai nERRu". I will look for it.

baroque
31st October 2008, 08:40 AM
'kannaa':musicsmile::swinghead: on a cool, cloudy, rainy evening.
:ty: Neel.

Naaz
1st November 2008, 12:14 AM
Neel D -

Following your prompt, I downloaded Neeya Azhaiththadhu from Cool Toad. The file? No cool, all toad! :-) Too much static in the transfer.
If you know of another site where there is good copy of this song, please lead me there!

If this is S-G week, I have a request:

Idhazhil Thenpaandi Muththukkal...from Uchchakkattam. Haven't heard this tune in many years. Krodham also had a lovely SJ-PJC duet...but I don't recall the words!

Neel D
1st November 2008, 03:29 AM

Naaz, I will look for those songs and host those in the future.

Neel D
1st November 2008, 03:33 AM
Pick #711

Song: nI varum nAL
Film: Pei Veedu
Singer: S.Janaki
Year: 1984

:boo: :boo: :boo: :skull: :skull: :skull: :shaking: :shaking: :shaking: :devil: :devil: :devil: :boo: :boo: :boo: :frightened: :frightened: :frightened:

Scary Halloween everyone!

:frightened: :frightened: :frightened: :boo: :boo: :boo: :skull: :skull: :skull: :cry3: :cry3: :cry3: :boo: :boo: :boo: :shaking: :shaking: :shaking:

Thanks to tfmlover for sending today's Halloween special song.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/ni_varum_nal.rm

tfmlover
2nd November 2008, 05:21 AM
wonderful fall with festivals in a row :)
had a wonderful halloween absolutely amazing weather too
i love the entire atmosphere
with like creepiness everywhere and all those spooky stuffs , kids dressed up
ghost stories /movies
pEi aavi hahaa ! idhuvEr ulagam thani ulagam :thumbsup:
never up the ghost :lol:
thanks NeelDJ for the song written by Vaali
regards

baroque
2nd November 2008, 08:39 AM
:ty: :ty: tfmlover & Neel

natha1729
2nd November 2008, 09:11 PM
[quote="Neel D"]Pick #710

Song: adaimazai thURal
Film: Neethi Thoongaathu
Singers: Vani Jairam, P.Jayachandran

A nice duet by the famous duet pair VJ and PJ. Sounds like a Shankar-Ganesh composition.

Definitely S-G song, very similar to theier Mahzaiye Mazhaiye song. very soft and nostalgic. but i am hearing adaimazhai for the first song. thanx

Neel D
2nd November 2008, 11:46 PM
tfmlover & baroque, you are welcome.
natha1729, thank you.