PDA

View Full Version : Champions League Twenty20 - Sep 23 to Oct 9

ajaybaskar
30th June 2011, 06:29 PM
http://img.xcitefun.net/users/2011/09/262532,xcitefun-nokia-champions-league.jpg

The Champions League Twenty20 (CLT20) cricket is scheduled to begin in India from September 23 and go till October 9.

The tournament returns to India this year with matches in Chennai, Bangalore and Kolkata, as well as a qualifying event in Hyderabad from September 19-21.

The tournament will have 10 teams competing. Seven teams have already qualified for the event. A six-team qualifying event will be held for the first time to determine the final three participants.

The teams will be divided into two pools and the top team from each pool qualifies for the group stage, and the third would be the next highest ranked team based on points and then net run rate.

In the group stage, 10 teams have been divided into two groups for a round robin phase. The top two teams from each group would progress to the semifinals.

The group stage matches will be held in Eden Gardens, Kolkata, M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore, and MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai.

Bangalore will host the first semifinal (October 7) while the other semifinal (October 8), and the final (Octover 9) will be held in Chennai.

Chennai Super Kings, the defending CLT20 Champions, have been drawn in Group A along with Cape Cobras (South Africa's Pro20 Series Champions), 2009 Champions NSW Blues and Mumbai Indians. The fifth team from the group will be the team that finishes top of Pool B in the qualifier.

Group B contains Royal Challengers Bangalore (IPL runners-up), Warriors of South Africa (2010 CLT20 runner-up), and South Australian Redbacks (Australia's Twenty20 Big Bash Champions). The remaining two places will come from the Qualifiers (the top of pool A and the next highest qualifier).

The tournament starts in Bangalore with a group B clash between Royal Challengers Bangalore and Warriors at M Chinnaswamy Stadium.

ajaybaskar
25th August 2011, 01:09 PM
CLT20 tickets available online...The tickets of the Nokia CLT20 2011 will be available on www.clt20.com, from 3:00 pm on Thursday, 25 August 2011

Plum
25th August 2011, 01:44 PM
i yAm boycottting Sembiam League-yA. I wish this tournament a terrible failure

raghavendran
25th August 2011, 02:08 PM
death to IPL & CL :evil:

scorpio
19th September 2011, 02:04 PM
Thoosi thatting the CL thread...inimEl idha vechu thaan time pass paNNanum :ashamed:

littlemaster1982
19th September 2011, 03:07 PM
I'm boycotting this too :evil:

P.S: Sachin not playing made it easy.

SoftSword
19th September 2011, 03:25 PM
i am not boycotting(prefer girl-cot-ing though)...
padhinettu pattiya vittu thalli irundhaa dhaan ungalukku theriyum... vera enna panradhu?

scorpio
19th September 2011, 04:11 PM
Sachin aadathathaala CL-ai follow paNNadha MI fans ellaruM CSK-kku unconditional aadharavu kodunga :redjump:

Dhoni, Raina and Hussey are in great form. 16Kg suthamaana veLLi-la senja andha kOppai CSK-kku thaan :cheer:

scorpio
19th September 2011, 04:17 PM
BCCI terminate Kochi franchise

Controversy-ridden, IPL franchise Kochi Tuskers Kerala was terminated for non-payment of bank guarantee. The BCCI took the decision at its Annual General Meeting, in Mumbai.

The consortium, which was mired in a bitter ownership dispute after its very inception, defaulted on a Rs 156 crore annual payment it was to make as bank guarantee despite reported reminders from the IPL authorities.

http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/44815/bcci-terminate-kochi-franchise

CSK - Plis get Murali back into the Chennai team :mrgreen:

ajaybaskar
19th September 2011, 07:34 PM
I am sure CSK will be licking their lips right now.. BTW, Saw Stephen Fleming, Jakati and Anirudha in Chepauk today when I went to collect the ticket for the final.

scorpio
19th September 2011, 07:52 PM
Kolkata Knight Riders (Playing XI): Jacques Kallis (http://live.cricbuzz.com/profiles/213/Jacques-Kallis)(c), Shreevats Goswami(w), Manvinder Bisla (http://live.cricbuzz.com/profiles/1901/Manvinder-Bisla), Manoj Tiwary (http://live.cricbuzz.com/profiles/694/Manoj-Tiwary), Yusuf Pathan (http://live.cricbuzz.com/profiles/790/Yusuf-Pathan), Shakib Al Hasan (http://live.cricbuzz.com/profiles/544/Shakib-Al%20Hasan), Ryan ten Doeschate (http://live.cricbuzz.com/profiles/640/Ryan-ten%20Doeschate), Rajat Bhatia (http://live.cricbuzz.com/profiles/1468/Rajat-Bhatia), Brett Lee (http://live.cricbuzz.com/profiles/42/Brett-Lee), Iqbal Abdulla (http://live.cricbuzz.com/profiles/1830/Iqbal-Abdulla), Jaidev Unadkat (http://live.cricbuzz.com/profiles/6327/Jaidev-Unadkat)

kaNNai kattudhE team-ai paarthaalE :shabaa:

ajithfederer
20th September 2011, 01:01 AM
I am boycotting even if he is playing. Some prices have to be paid.

I'm boycotting this too :evil:

P.S: Sachin not playing made it easy.

ajithfederer
20th September 2011, 01:07 AM
Are you sure? :)
Be careful for what you wish for. At this time any Indian franchise winning CL will generate a lot of heat.

Sachin aadathathaala CL-ai follow paNNadha MI fans ellaruM CSK-kku unconditional aadharavu kodunga :redjump:

ajaybaskar
20th September 2011, 11:04 AM
Monsoon picking up is not a gud sign for CSK fans, :-(

scorpio
20th September 2011, 11:07 AM
I know....ippo ipdi mazhai Chennai-la kottalainnu yaar azhudha? :hammer: Hope it clears up over the weekend when CSK match starts.

scorpio
20th September 2011, 11:09 AM
AF- England fiasco-va post mortem paNNa pOradhillai-nnu new BCCI chief sollitaar. CL will have its lure only if IPL teams make it to Semis and finals. Indhiya cricket rasigargaL have short term memory loss. Dhoni CL win panna udanE England tour muzhumaiyaaga maRakkapadum :-)

ajaybaskar
20th September 2011, 11:12 AM
Obviously.. And only CSK has a bright chance to qualify for the semis among the Indian teams.

scorpio
20th September 2011, 05:18 PM
I hope some other franchise picks me: Murali

Retired Sri Lankan off-spinner Muttiah Muralidaran is hopeful of being picked by a franchise after the BCCI terminated his present IPL side, Kochi Tuskers Kerala's contract.

"I am hopeful that if they (Kochi) are not playing, some other franchise will take me as I am fit and playing this format continuously. I want to play two more years in IPL," Muralidaran told PTI from Colombo.

"I think Kochi did not need my services much. My experience with Chennai Super Kings was far better. Kochi team did not play me much. I played only five matches out of 16 in last season when the team made its debut."

Murali took two wickets for KTK last season whereas, in the first three years with CSK, he had taken 40 wickets in as many matches.

http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/44842/i-hope-some-other-franchise-picks-me-murali

Seenu uncle - pl. do something and get Murali back into CSK. Randiv namakku oththu varala. Ashwin & Murali make a deadly combo on Indian pitches :bluejump:

ajaybaskar
20th September 2011, 05:24 PM
"I think Kochi did not need my services much. My experience with Chennai Super Kings was far better. Kochi team did not play me much. I played only five matches out of 16 in last season when the team made its debut."

Even CSK didnt play him for some matches. But the 'chemistry' was there.. :-)

scorpio
20th September 2011, 05:35 PM
Gambhir on-par with Dhoni as a leader: Balaji

"I think our new skipper Gautam Gambhir played a pivotal role in the turnaround of the fortunes of the team. He always used to set an example for the rest of the team-members. He always led from the front and I have no doubt whatsoever that leadership skill wise, Gautam is on-par with MS Dhoni at the moment," Balaji said.

"The way he backed his players to the hilt and stood behind the team was absolutely brilliant. He handled the pressure very well and inspired us all to perform at our best. His attacking field placements helped us apply more pressure on the opponents," the pacer from Chennai added.

http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/44841/gambhir-on-par-with-dhoni-as-a-leader-balaji

Balaji - ippo innathuku Gambhir-kku butter thadavarE? Gambhir at par with dhoni? :hammer:

ajaybaskar
20th September 2011, 05:46 PM
Chancekuthaan.. Vera enna?

scorpio
20th September 2011, 06:40 PM
Ingilaandhu team Leicestershire udhai vaanguradhai paarkaradhula enna oru alpa sandhOsham :pink:

scorpio
20th September 2011, 07:02 PM
Trinidad & Tobago becomes the first team to enter the CL tournament thru' the qualifiers.

Plum
21st September 2011, 10:13 AM
Innumaa indhiya cricket rasigargaL idhaiyellaam follow paNNikitturukkinga. AppO test cricket inimE dandanaka dhaan - I yam the will convert to England fan :(

ajaybaskar
23rd September 2011, 08:13 PM
Gayle storm started...

1.3 Theron to Gayle, SIX, Vintage Gayle! Pitched up and he's out of the crease, makes a little too much room but reaches it in the end and clobbers it over extra cover for the flattest of sixes

scorpio
24th September 2011, 01:04 PM
Warriors :clap: peyarukku yEtha veerargaL neenga!

RCB- :poke: aahaa, RCB udhai vanguradha paarka enna magizchi :mrgreen:

ajaybaskar
24th September 2011, 01:08 PM
The fielding was the difference between the 2 sides

hamid
24th September 2011, 09:29 PM
so.. ellarum thirunthiyaacha? :shock:

Hussey :notworthy: :thumbsup:

hamid
24th September 2011, 11:17 PM
:sigh2: ..........

scorpio
25th September 2011, 08:20 AM
Dhoni- ella bad luck-ayum EnglandlayE vittuttu vara vENdiyadhu thaane? :mad:

Aamai maadhiri mudhal 10 overs aaduradha niruthunga. Cape Cobras chase pannum pOdhu thookamaa? 158 eppadi pOdhum?

Malinga- nalla viLayaduneenga thambi :roll:

scorpio
27th September 2011, 11:46 AM
MI - :shock: ippadi oru lodakku batting vechukittu 2 thriller wins. Bhajji-kku sema adhirshtam. Cup-ayum adichuduvanO? :think:

ajaybaskar
27th September 2011, 12:13 PM
Nadandhaalum nadakkum.. :-)

But shud appreciate Bhajji for admitting that T & Tians were the real winners of yesterday's match.

scorpio
27th September 2011, 12:28 PM
AB- Mudhal match mudinjadhum kooda batting seri illannu oththukittaan. Symonds oru agendavOda thaan vandhirukkan pOla....rendu run-kku mEla bhajjikku adichu tharradhillannu :lol:

Cup-ai thookina kaiyOda Nita paatiya thooki Chennai stadium-la Bhajji oorvalam varra kaatchi- ippovE kaNNai kattudhE!

scorpio
28th September 2011, 07:14 PM
T&T Vs NSW match in Chennai goes to the Super Over :happydance:

CL so far had several close thrillers and the quality of cricket is really good :redjump:

hamid
28th September 2011, 11:34 PM
Bravo, :Bravo:

ajaybaskar
29th September 2011, 11:38 AM
CSK back on track.. :redjump:

That off side six off Philander was top shot.. Easily, the day belonged to Bravo. :clap:

scorpio
29th September 2011, 02:44 PM
AB- nEra pOyi iruntheengaLaa nEthu?

ajaybaskar
29th September 2011, 03:29 PM
Yes.. Went inside when the super over of the previous match was about to start.. Chennai crowdkaagave stadium pogalaam.. Even when Cobras where 100/3 in 13 overs, the crowd backed CSK and the team didnt let us down. Very loyal to say the least. Hussey, Raina and Morkel where fielding deep near the F stand in which I was sitting. Raina was a live wire asking the audience to cheer every now and then. Hussey too acknowledged our cheers often. Morkel alone was so very passive and stuck to his job alone. MSD had a tough time in changing fields with Morkel. When he asked Morkel to move to the right, he moved to the left and vise versa.

The roar when MSD came to bat was deafening. Even though he didnt score any boundaries, he compensated with the quick twos and Bravo helped with the occasional boundaries. Crowd went silent when Dhoni was dismissed. Exactly before the start of the 19th over, they played 'Devuda Devuda' and the crowd came to life.. Steyn only helped them further.. :-)

scorpio
29th September 2011, 03:43 PM
AB- Wow! Super over paatheengaLaa! Paavam T&T, avLo low score-ai veeramaa defend pannanga, rendu matchlayum very close losses.

Adutha match with CSK :shaking: Hope our guys do well!

Vijay, Badri form-llam nenaichaa rombha kavalaiyaa irukku :-(

ajaybaskar
29th September 2011, 03:57 PM
One win was the need of the hour and we now have it.. Inimel paarunga.. :-)

scorpio
30th September 2011, 12:06 PM
RCB- :rotfl2: Home ground-la 170 defend paNNa mudiyadhaa? :lol: Team full-aa kaNNai koosura aLavukku superstars!

KKR jeyijathula periya sandhOsham illa, next match vazhakkam pOla thOthurungappa!

ajaybaskar
30th September 2011, 04:21 PM
'Injured' Suryakumar Yadav scores unbeaten 182 (http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/story/534346.html)

scorpio
30th September 2011, 05:15 PM
MI squad-la idam pidikaNumnaa you should either be a non-Mumbaikar or a foreigner. PayapuLLa Mumbai aaLu pOla, adhaan kazhatti vittutaanga.

sathya_1979
5th October 2011, 11:15 PM
yaaruba indha Arun Karthik? :roll: did a miandad today

Plum
5th October 2011, 11:22 PM
Konda Bhaskar Arun Karthik - . Techically, telungu(note the Konda Bhaskar) but for all practical purposes, tamizhan. Enna paNNAn?

VinodKumar's
5th October 2011, 11:41 PM
Kadaisi ball six adichitaan when 6 needed to win. RCB fans paatha poramaiya irunthuchu :(

raghavendran
6th October 2011, 09:58 AM
witnessed the best ever chase in a T-20 game..outstanding innings by Kohli :clap:...only innings i saw in this tournament..i watched it for Gayle but carried on even after he got out..last ball six..:shock:..

ajaybaskar
6th October 2011, 11:33 AM
RCB deserve a CL title. :clap: :sob:

BTW, When will IPL 5 start?

scorpio
6th October 2011, 12:23 PM
Ella cup-um CSK-vE jeyichaa eppadi! pOnaa pOgudhu, MI & RCB- indha thadavayaavadhu yEdhaavadhu title jeyinga :redjump:

AB- IPL 5 edhukku? England team Hyderabad-la vandhu erangiyaachu. AvangaLa adippOm :mrgreen:

ajaybaskar
6th October 2011, 12:36 PM
Scorpio,

I've started liking the CSK team more than Indian team.. :-(

scorpio
6th October 2011, 01:07 PM
AB- :-( Indha muRai somehow CSK didnt click well as a team. Hussey oru match, Bravo oru match nalla adichaapla. Vijay proved he is a sutha thandam. Ashwin didn't sparkle with the ball either. Raina and Dhoni disappointed with the bat. Maththa teams-la irundha oru fire-in-the-belly attitude illai. Next IPL5-la paathukalaam :-)

One thing I noted was, Sakshi munnaikku ippo nalla poosina maadhiri irunthaanga, oru vELai Dhoni veetula vishEshamO? :think:

ajaybaskar
6th October 2011, 02:38 PM
Hope so.. Junior Dhoni shud bring back the 'success' in Dhoni's life. :-)

19thmay
6th October 2011, 03:23 PM
Awesome match and this is the first game I am seeing this season [ well not because of Indian team's recent performances, but no time ya!]. Kohli, Dilshan, Ferguson, Harris and Tait :clap:

Plum
6th October 2011, 03:55 PM
Koot. Slowly, Club cricket is taking precedence over intl cricket in fans' mind.Cricket ini mella sAgum. England - :lol: - just when they ascend intl cricket-Eththu pOgudhu

19thmay
6th October 2011, 04:44 PM
Adhu eppdi international cricket-a vittu kodukka mudiyum? Eppdi Cricket saagum? Naangellam thevayana nerathula oxygen koduthu kaapathuvom.

venkkiram
10th October 2011, 06:34 AM
http://www.espncricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/137800/137862.jpg

இந்த முறை சென்னை அணி இறுதிப் போட்டிக்குள் நுழையாமல் இருந்ததால் மும்பை - பெங்களூரு எந்த அணி வந்தாலும் வரட்டும் என்ற மனப்பான்மை. வாழ்த்துக்கள் மும்பை அணி! பாராட்டுக்கள் ஹர்பஜன் மற்றும் அணி வீரர்களுக்கு. குறிப்பா தமிழக வீரர் சதீஷ் ஒழுங்கா விளையாடிய ஒரு தொடர் என்றால் அது இந்த சாம்பியன் மட்டுமே என நினைக்கிறேன். சிறந்த பங்களிப்பு தொடர் முழுவதும்.

scorpio
10th October 2011, 11:29 AM
Bhajji - :clap: nee jeyichadhukku illa, RCB-ya thOkkadichathukku :redjump:

ajaybaskar
10th October 2011, 11:49 AM
RCB is Indian Club Cricket version of the SA team. Chokers!! Have been there in the finals thrice, been beaten by 3 different teams (Only 5 more teams left).

scorpio
10th October 2011, 12:03 PM
AB- nEra pOyiruntheengaLaa finals-kku? Sachin, Saarug, Piggy chops-llam paartheengalaa? :mrgreen:

ajaybaskar
10th October 2011, 12:22 PM
SRK was sitting on the opposite end. So watched him only on the screen. So was Sachu. Piggy came to our stand and threw flying kisses. But surprisingly many didnt recognize her (in spite of acting in a Tamil film and peeping thro the idiot box every 5th minute for the Nokia ad). A person next to me said "Ivangadhanda Ambaniyoda ponnu. Avar jaadai theriyudhu paaru".

The crowd support was even for both the sides, though unanimous whenever Sachin's face was shown on the screen. Pollard performed a jig for us when MI were nearly there. For me, Bhajji was the difference between both the sides.

scorpio
10th October 2011, 12:33 PM
Piggy came to our stand and threw flying kisses. But surprisingly many didnt recognize her (in spite of acting in a Tamil film and peeping thro the idiot box every 5th minute for the Nokia ad). A person next to me said "Ivangadhanda Ambaniyoda ponnu. Avar jaadai theriyudhu paaru".

:lol:

Bhajji pakkam adhirshta kaathu veesum pOdhu national team-ai vittu thookaraanga :roll:

ajaybaskar
10th October 2011, 12:49 PM
Oru velai adhirshta kaathu veesuradhalathan Indian side vittu thookkittaangala? He'l get some rest at least.

ajaybaskar
10th October 2011, 06:48 PM
"Among all the opposition in the tournament, I think Chennai Super Kings is the best side. It was the toughest side to beat and we take lot of confidence in playing them at home and winning from them," Harbhajan said after the 10-run semifinal win over Somerset to set up a summit clash with Royal Challengers Bangalore.

I extend my full support to Bhajji paiyan henceforth.