PDA

View Full Version : Television

Pages : [1] 2 3

kid-glove
25th October 2011, 01:17 PM
Dexter "A Horse of a Different Color" S06E04

Not particularly interesting (despite the creator's desperate showboating of occult cruelty, bluntly equated to religion/faith, even for a man of reason, that's pretty cruel), but the final sequence of locusts being released is definitely one of the more cinematic moments of the show. And the random manner of Dexter picking up on Travis is the sort of writing I'd expect from them.Once again, they use the v-o to cover up. I don't particularly love the whole dichotomy they've approached with Mosdef's character vis-a-vis the doomsday killers.

ajithfederer
25th October 2011, 04:29 PM
Latest addition to my sitcom endeavors is "Melissa and Joey". From ABC Family. Not bad. Melissa Joan HART does pretty well. The lead 4 charcters are good. http://www.entertainmentwallpaper.com/images/desktops/movie/tv_melissa_joey03.jpg

Ramakrishna
25th October 2011, 05:23 PM
Melissa & Joey is funny. There are two more - Home improvement & Big Bang Theory. Even they are good.

ajithfederer
25th October 2011, 05:33 PM
HI by Tim Allen is good. Haven't started to watch em. BBT is not bad either. Try watching "That 70s show". That is a cult.

ajithfederer
27th October 2011, 09:25 AM
http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/2900000/Californication-californication-2953075-1280-1024.jpg

Season 1 - Provocatively Dangerous Drama :thumbsup:. Channel Showtime 8-). David Duchovny is too good. Right from where he left from the X-Files Times.

BTW, Madeline Zima :-P

kid-glove
27th October 2011, 12:03 PM
Flashback is just about the worst device in storytelling. But then again, in this case, there's no other way of doing it.

I'm speaking of LOST.

Just got over Season 1. Now doing Season 2. Episode 5.

Sid_316
27th October 2011, 04:18 PM
Started watching louie :thumbsup: different. The walking dead is ok too.

ajithfederer
28th October 2011, 01:47 PM
Kid/Sid/Groucho -

Charlie Sheen’s ‘Anger Management’ Series Sells To FX For Summer 2012 Premiere

Charlie Sheen’s new sitcom Anger Management has landed at FX with an initial order for 10 episodes for a summer 2012 launch. If successful, that will be followed by a 90-episode order by FX as well as broadcast syndication launch by distributor Debmar-Mercury in fall 2014. After a marathon of pitches to broadcast and cable networks earlier this month followed by a short window of intense negotiations, the direct-to-series project has found a home at the cable network that already carries reruns of Sheen’s previous series, Two And A Half Men, to great ratings success. The cable network also owns the TV rights to the 2003 Jack Nicholson-Adam Sandler movie Anger Management — about a mild-mannered man (Sandler) ordered to attend group anger-management sessions led by a volatile therapist (Nicholson) – on which the series is loosely based.

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni17286426/

The very idea of Sheen as a therapist sounds wacky. FX, Aint a bad channel at all. Infact it's one of my favs. Virumaandi (charlie sheen) seekiram veliya va.

Dinesh84
28th October 2011, 01:48 PM
Watched few episodes of Family Guy season 8.. nice :)

kid-glove
1st November 2011, 06:10 PM
Interesting idea, Feddy. Will have to see how it works. Fx already got Louie & that's a wonderful show.

Was fortunate enough to find time for 'Neon Genesis Evangelion' as I'm doing LOST Season 3.

Think I should stop wasting my time on films. Not necessarily a genre comparison, but contrast this to 'Melancholia'. Suggestions of troubled childhood, failed relationship, turbulent family & depressed adult life, that they ultimately serve for acceptance to apocalyptic end. What nonsense. But OTOH, TV would help develop different characters, interplay & contrast the interactions & reactions, then define, dissect & delineate the apocalypse. Long story short, Von Trier needs more of "The Kingdom". IOW, Films seem like the crippled cousin.

ajithfederer
1st November 2011, 08:09 PM
Season 3:
http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/17800000/Everybody-Loves-Raymond-everybody-loves-raymond-17847848-1024-768.jpg

Inga ratha aare odinalum seri naan idhai solliyae aaganum. ELR >>>>>>>>Friends. :smokesmirk:

kid-glove
1st November 2011, 08:25 PM
'Friends is overrated'-ngradhu fashion ayiruchu. So you could say that again in loudspeaker.

I've seen ELR, Seinfield, CYE when they're on TV, but haven't downloaded entire seasons yet.

I haven't seen Friends yet. Yeah, I'm pathetic.

kid-glove
2nd November 2011, 03:21 PM
LOST season 4 midway (episode 7) - Epic stuff. :clap:

Bing
2nd November 2011, 05:09 PM
Inga ratha aare odinalum seri naan idhai solliyae aaganum. ELR >>>>>>>>Friends. :smokesmirk:

:lol: The great advantage with ELR = family audience and it doesnt requite the knowledge on language to understand what is going on. Even my mom sometimes loved ELR as it speaks the language of Universe - Family

Friends is overrated because of their marketing and the period it ran.. I must admit that I would secretely skip some of the episodes of Season 5 and 10 and still say FRIENDS is one of the best..

Seinfeld - the mother of all sitcoms nu nenaichitu irundha podhu thaan I was introduced to Mind Your language.. Barry Evans :bow:

wizzy
2nd November 2011, 07:17 PM
For Gounder fans I would recommend curb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0264235/)..no holds barred since the show is on HBO..Gounder would have sleep walked this role in his pomp complete,unadulterated humour and to do it after Seinfeld deserves a :bow: Also Woody's Whatever Works borrows heavily from this show and imo Larry David is the closest thing to being Woody's alter ego :-D

Bing
3rd November 2011, 01:20 AM
:ty: I did google after seeing k-g's post regarding CYE.. I didnt know that it was created by the man himself :ashamed: Season 1 downloading :smokesmirk:

ajithfederer
3rd November 2011, 08:47 AM
:lol: Michael Caine / Bale

Alfred: I gather you've been reading How to Make Friends and Influence People.
Batman: Somebody's setting me up.
Alfred: My heavens! You mean it wasn't you tossing guards out of windows last night?
Batman: I only toss butlers, Alfred.

kid-glove
3rd November 2011, 01:52 PM
It's from the brilliant Bruce Timm animated series. :D

kid-glove
3rd November 2011, 04:16 PM
HBO + Michael Mann + David Milch (Deadwood) + Dustin Hoffman + Nick Nolte :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLvtAl_t2sI

kid-glove
4th November 2011, 02:44 AM
"Defacing the Bible. (pause) I'm probably breaking a rule."
Dexter. Season 6. Episode 5.

I don't know why I'm almost religiously hooked to this. And then, you know exactly why in few seconds.
Michael C Hall.
Thassal.

ajithfederer
4th November 2011, 08:31 AM
AMC's next : Hell on wheels: - Drama from slave times (1860's) America. Premiering this Sunday.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/HellonWheelsAMC

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell_on_Wheels_%28TV_series%29

Sid_316
4th November 2011, 06:30 PM
Louie is now gettin awesome :D weird show

Sid_316
4th November 2011, 06:34 PM
AMC's next : Hell on wheels: - Drama from slave times (1860's) America. Premiering this Sunday.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/HellonWheelsAMC

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell_on_Wheels_%28TV_series%29

The plot/Period doesn't interest me.. but hey its AMC :bow:

kid-glove
4th November 2011, 06:40 PM
Great avatar. Herge :notworthy:

kid-glove
4th November 2011, 06:41 PM
Louie is now gettin awesome :D weird show

There are no rules! It's still the most awesome show around.

kid-glove
4th November 2011, 06:59 PM
Btw Sid_316, can't say how thankful I am that you kept insisting that LOST is worth the hype and effort. At 5th season, Episode 3, Charles Widmore (young) meets John Locke (old). I have to say it's about the most cinematic modern TV has ever got. OF course, it owes a bit to The Prisoner (McGoohan) & no. of films (Cast away, Fearless among other time travel, adventure, ghost films), but it just takes off to something else. Sights and sounds that not just TV, but films, hadn't put with enough details to stand toe to toe with best of literature. In scope and ambition, there are very few peers. Wouldn't think twice to put it alongside The Prisoner, Star Trek, Batman Animated series. Even if rest of this season and next (6th) goes all wrong.

Sid_316
4th November 2011, 07:05 PM
Btw Sid_316, can't say how thankful I am that you kept insisting that LOST is worth the hype and effort. At 5th season, Episode 3, Charles Widmore (young) meets John Locke (old). I have to say it's about the most cinematic modern TV has ever got. OF course, it owes a bit to The Prisoner (McGoohan) & no. of films (Cast away, Fearless among other time travel, adventure, ghost films), but it just takes off to something else. Sights and sounds that not just TV, but films, hadn't put with enough details to stand toe to toe with best of literature. In scope and ambition, there are very few peers. Wouldn't think twice to put it alongside The Prisoner, Star Trek, Batman Animated series. Even if rest of this season and next (6th) goes all wrong.

Yes.. It was pretty darn interesting to a certain point.. u will know.. the first 4 maybe a little of 5 (dont exactly remember) was just amazing! it made me discuss in orkut/forums etc, dwell,analyze different theories,spend hours on it. It even made me to give a revisit certain episodes. But 6th was a shocker! Be prepared for the worst :D

kid-glove
4th November 2011, 09:58 PM
4/5th (just did your namesake episode. 316) I think is great. John Locke / Benjamin Linus

Terry O'Quinn, Michael Emerson - thaaru maaru. :clap:

kid-glove
4th November 2011, 11:12 PM
Hey Sid. Which is your favorite introduction sequence man?

Desmond (season 2 intro)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgsNjTyGsRk

Juliet (season 3 intro)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBCvryIc4Wc

Dr. Whatever-his-name-is (Season 5 intro)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIJBXFN37bM

Sid_316
5th November 2011, 01:18 AM
2nd season desmond's intro :D yours? Thanks for posting these clips :D memories!

Sid_316
5th November 2011, 01:26 AM
Kid,
I think i saw u post about Dexter S0603 and i dont remember..The other day me and my friend where discussing about dexter praying for harrison when he is sick.. What do u think about it? is it inconsistent writing?I mean his charac is defn not the same as the first or the second season.. or they trying too hard to show dexter too is "human" and is weak during those situations? Ur small prediction how this season will go?

Sid_316
5th November 2011, 01:34 AM
The soundtrack of lost was amazing! Michael Giacchino :bow:

kid-glove
5th November 2011, 01:37 AM
2nd season desmond's intro :D yours? Thanks for posting these clips :D memories!

Mine too. Desmond's. Reminds a bit of Dexter's opening credits. Ha ha.

kid-glove
5th November 2011, 01:44 AM
Kid,
I think i saw u post about Dexter S0603 and i dont remember..The other day me and my friend where discussing about dexter praying for harrison when he is sick.. What do u think about it? is it inconsistent writing?I mean his charac is defn not the same as the first or the second season.. or they trying too hard to show dexter too is "human" and is weak during those situations? Ur small prediction how this season will go?

Yeah, they're trying to show Dexter falling for it. Especially coz the kid is at critical care. At the conjecture of raising his son, he has to decide what's best. I think the professor and his aide as doomsday killers is the counterpoint to it. Something to speak against religion. And then have Mos Def trying to open Dexter's eyes, pro-religion. But the guy doesn't care for anyone's validation for far more graver things. So it did seem bit of stretch. But even as means to create interesting motifs, dramatic urgency, etc - it didn't affect me. But there are some moments in v-o and in the kills. Except I hope they shut Debra's face. Getting sick of her 'holy mother of f---' reactions. Kitsch.

kid-glove
7th November 2011, 02:35 AM
Yes.. It was pretty darn interesting to a certain point.. u will know.. the first 4 maybe a little of 5 (dont exactly remember) was just amazing! it made me discuss in orkut/forums etc, dwell,analyze different theories,spend hours on it. It even made me to give a revisit certain episodes. But 6th was a shocker! Be prepared for the worst :D

The finale (and backstory of the Island leading up to it) is inexcusable. I didn't like the spiritual route that they took at all. MenInBlack vs jacob - black vs white, biggest cliche in existential terms - sort of foreshadowed in the first season with white & black stone in a pouch.

Ben Linus vs Charles Widmore - chappaiya pOchu.

Jack Shepherd vs John Locke - Man of faith vs Man of Science. One the vice to the other's versa. But eventually it didn't work. Locke-E appeattu. The whole idea of naming him 'Lock', and have Jack to wear 'key' on his neck. Enna symbolism ithellam? Of course, nooru explanation kudukkalam. But again it wasn't realized well as Locke's compromised for MIB. Or, this was the only way they could justify Monster letting Locke live. Making up the monster as they go along? And they made it MIB himself.

What if they set out to do purgatory from the Pilot episode? I don't think they ever thought it'd go this long. Have a feeling that they had something of a Cast away meets Solyaris meets A Pure Formality/Jacob's ladder (or any other purgatory) scenario. They had many cues (dead Christian Shepherd walking around, mircales happening), but they eventually threw in Electromagnetism, particle physics and quantum mechanics, adding more complexity. They shouldn't have "abandoned" the sci-fi mode. It's not like they were tonally consistent throughout. Unlike films like Solyaris, they were embracing the genre at many moments. And it's these moments that I most cherish.

I'm still not quite sure of the timelines aligning themselves. Only as a consequence of having entirely lived in the first timeline, the character(s) could be self-aware. 'Sideways' wouldn't matter at all. As there's no parallel here. So they shouldn't be calling this Flash-sideways (even if this quite a novel concept and one they always played around with, narrative structure of flash-backs and flash-forwards before) Overall, the idea of offering moral judgement, let alone redemption, is such a phony closure. Maybe Jack will shepherd his friends, like he had always done. Some of their moral choices leaves a lot to be desired in Island-timeline. But it's more the means to the end. In the 'other' timeline, they were never really 'tested'. An argument that we carry our good deeds/sins/burdens across these timelines/lives - and by consequence, we get our reward(s) in the subsequent timeline/life. A problematic and assumptive reading of after-life. Not quite illuminating, I'd argue. But this is a work of fiction, and we're only to be concerned about these characters. As an ensemble piece, it puts out the universe with enough conviction and to wit, stages a free-willed dharma.

So yes, 6th season has left a slightly bitter taste in the mouth with certain missteps. But, for sheer breadth and scope, for laying out a pure aural-visual experience in Television, this is one of the 'events' of the decade. And shouldn't be devalued lightly.

Sid_316
7th November 2011, 11:45 AM
So yes, 6th season has left a slightly bitter taste in the mouth with certain missteps. But, for sheer breadth and scope, for laying out a pure aural-visual experience in Television, this is one of the 'events' of the decade. And shouldn't be devalued lightly.

:exactly: But a lot was promised.. like everything will be explained etc. But i guess even the creators told once.. The series is mainly about the characters. So we cant complain much..And also gotta agree this went far too long.

kid-glove
8th November 2011, 03:30 AM
Dexter Season 6 Episode 6.

It got a little interesting for a moment despite having worst dialogues (one of their high-points usually). But eventually the writers were so constricted in their options that they thought it'd be better to go 'spiritual' in a literal way, new spirits appear. :lol: I'll let who, when and what be a surprise. But after that brief moment, it'd be well and clear how off-putting the show could turn out to be. Prepare for the absolute worst. :sigh2:

Just get Debra off the Lt. position, it'd get a lot more tolerable. And give some closure to Debra-Quinn - the lamest relationship in Miami. Boring.

Sid_316
8th November 2011, 12:54 PM
Dexter Season 6 Episode 6.

It got a little interesting for a moment despite having worst dialogues (one of their high-points usually). But eventually the writers were so constricted in their options that they thought it'd be better to go 'spiritual' in a literal way, new spirits appear. :lol: I'll let who, when and what be a surprise. But after that brief moment, it'd be well and clear how off-putting the show could turn out to be. Prepare for the absolute worst. :sigh2:

Just get Debra off the Lt. position, it'd get a lot more tolerable. And give some closure to Debra-Quinn - the lamest relationship in Miami. Boring.

Neenga over ah kalaikiringa adhukunu :lol2: Next episode promo la oru car driving psychotic scene lam nalla dhan irunduchu :-P atleast as a fanboy.

kid-glove
8th November 2011, 01:47 PM
:shock: andha shooting'lam Mad Max-style'a irundhadhu. :lol:

Andha father sequences-E remba childish-a irukkum. :lol2: Ippo birather :shaking:

Dr.Gellar dialOks on how Travis would belong to scum of the earth. They might redeem themselves if that guy isn't for real. What if he's to Travis what Harry is to Dexter. That way at least they could justify parody-style.

Sid_316
8th November 2011, 01:55 PM
:shock: andha shooting'lam Mad Max-style'a irundhadhu. :lol:

Andha father sequences-E remba childish-a irukkum. :lol2: Ippo birather :shaking:

Dr.Gellar dialOks on how Travis would belong to scum of the earth. They might redeem themselves if that guy isn't for real. What if he's to Travis what Harry is to Dexter. That way at least they could justify parody-style.

:rotfl2: Yov overa asinga paduthra adhukunu .. Harry ku enna korachal :twisted: Appo appo vandhu advice punch diaalaks lam tharuvaru.. imaginery father nu vera avangale kalaichikitanga.. Watever podhum i say.. u r making me dislike the show more :-P

kid-glove
8th November 2011, 02:01 PM
Dislike-a, let's disown the show. InimEl Michael C Hall kaaga pakkurOm. Avalo thaan..

kid-glove
8th November 2011, 02:05 PM
Next major plot point would be Trinity's son blackmailing Dexter using Quinn (who is now on all-time low scum level with Debra)..

Sid_316
12th November 2011, 04:27 PM
Homeland seems interesting :) Thanks KG

Sid_316
12th November 2011, 04:30 PM
Podhumngren :lol2: Again he will seem like getting caught but he wont . He wud kill trinity's son . Maybe Quinn too. But atleast the show is watchable :-P

kid-glove
12th November 2011, 04:33 PM
It's not boring. I'll give you that much. But don't tell me it's not amusing to see a cyclical pattern with some parody thrown into it. :lol2:

kid-glove
12th November 2011, 04:43 PM
"Homeland" build-up as modern day "The Manchurian Candidate" makes it the most interesting & challenging political show. Also, to me, the only show in Showtime that's developed with a keen visual sense. The surveillance, the mini-TV's and stuff is a throwback to fans of 70's, 80's classics like "The Conversation", "Blow Out", etc. Hope they don't abandon it, now that Carrie is in touch with Brody in-person.

It has more of a audience hook than "Rubicon", which was a throwback to Pollack, Lumet and Pakula films of 70's. AMC ended it in cowardly fashion. I hope "Homeland" isn't cut short by Showtime. But I also hope it's not outstretched & made cyclical like "Dexter" :lol2:

Sid_316
14th November 2011, 12:37 AM
Has anyone here seen Seinfeld? how is it? is it watchable now after all these years?

wizzy
14th November 2011, 09:59 AM
Has anyone here seen Seinfeld? how is it? is it watchable now after all these years?
^great repeat value..it is a show about nothing literally :-D most of it improvised on the set...you can pick out any season and go with the flow :thumbsup:

Sid_316
14th November 2011, 10:55 AM

kubrick
14th November 2011, 11:33 AM
^great repeat value..it is a show about nothing literally :-D most of it improvised on the set...you can pick out any season and go with the flow :thumbsup:

It is one of the best dark comedies you can ever watch. Personally, everytime I re-watch an episode I find a different character funny. Top-notch stuff.

Sid_316
15th November 2011, 02:30 PM
Kid,
Saw dexter 0607? It was okay not bad.. regarding that "talking with spirits" with harry and his brother it's just that dexter is deeply disturbed and has hallucinations..(adhu dhane most of the psycho serial killer stuff la coming) y overa kalaiching that part ? :-P
Maybe they will show some footage at the end where he is seen talking to himself like a weirdo.. (Nalla vela brother sam apdi varala):lol2:.Also see they broke the cycle no blackmailing from jona with the help of quinn and no killings :-P

kid-glove
15th November 2011, 03:18 PM
Saw it. Yeah, slightly better now. That's bit of a face-lift. They've surgically corrected the appendicitis of Jonah, Trinity's son. Although one could be never sure of 'closure' in TV series that's outstretched over 6 seasons. So I'd still keep an eye on Quinn-Jonah thing.

But still, the whole hallucinations/self-debating is spilled over from "Six Feet under" also starring Michael C Hall. Used with narrative thematic & aesthetic consistency.

It's feeling a bit tonally awkward that they introduced Harry's ghostly presence as late as season 3 . If they want to show the ghosts of Brian hovering over him, they couldn't have revoked at a more sloppy juncture. I'd think he had more of a connection to Miguel & Lumen (& certainly a more 'testing' point when Trinity's around) than Brother Sam, so why now? Just because he's 'brother' Sam. :lol2: Maybe they wanted to find something for talented actor (who played Brian).

My general point is that the harry's code had been jeopardized before. But was resolved in far better manner. Whatever happened to refinement & pacing of prev. seasons?

Also let's face it, the spiritual conundrum is something of a mess.

kid-glove
15th November 2011, 03:27 PM
Homeland S01e07

Surprising twist. Still think Brody is playing the 'long game' Or at least Abu Nazir is, his pawns unaware. Poised for a tour-de-force.

ajithfederer
15th November 2011, 04:28 PM
Edhuvume paaka mudiyala :cry: :banghead: :cry2:

KV
15th November 2011, 06:50 PM
Any of you here seen Futurama? I downloaded the 1st season just for one name - Matt Groening (Simpsons creator). The first two episodes have been quite ordinary, sparing a few laughs. Can I expect anything better in the episodes ahead?

kid-glove
15th November 2011, 07:20 PM
Nope. Haven't seen it.

But generally Animated sitcoms tend to get dull/boring in a while.

Sid_316
15th November 2011, 08:12 PM
Nope. Haven't seen it.

But generally Animated sitcoms tend to get dull/boring in a while.

:notthatway: south park atleast till the 12th season :D. Still makes me watch epdiyavadhu back to form vandhuduvangalanu..

KV
15th November 2011, 08:37 PM
Soutpark's profanity somehow doesn't work for me, never found it ribtickling. Same's with family guy.
Simpsons it is, my all time favorite! :bow:

kid-glove
15th November 2011, 09:23 PM
I told you already. Haven't watched SP for a while. It got too formulaic.

Simpsons was the animated sitcom that didn't derail too much & seemed to have justified its longevity. But that too became monolithic.

Wish I had as much dedication, like "epdiyavadhu back to form vandhuduvangalanu" ;)

Sid_316
15th November 2011, 09:35 PM
Wish I had as much dedication, like "epdiyavadhu back to form vandhuduvangalanu" ;)

Kamal oru 4 mattamana padam nadicha 5th padam paaka matingala, arsenal oru 4 game thodarndhu thotha 5th game paka matingala.. :yessir: sollunga sollunga sollunga.. :| you see class is permanent form is temp. But correct dhan.. they hav become formulaic.. but now they r trying a little bit back to form vara.. "Cyclic" "forumlaic" indha rendu vartha vechu ellaryum instant ah asinga padutha vendiyadhu :hammer:

Sid_316
15th November 2011, 09:39 PM
Btw pls no homeland posts.. i am still in the 4th episode.. might see spoilers. will join asap

ajithfederer
15th November 2011, 09:47 PM
Melissa and Joey - Almost all episodes(30) of Season 1, Thanks to Star WORLD and Youtube - Impressive. Very Light hearted (thank god) and some really funnintelligent dialogs add sheen to this 1st seasoner. Mel Joan Hart is too good. She is definitely talented. Being an exec producer and the lead role she carries herself very well in her role. Joey is good too. The kids Ryder and Lennox especially is very funny. Mel's assistant Daughter DeVito is a delight when she ogles at Joey.

Expecting Season 2 :thumbsup:

Sid_316
15th November 2011, 10:27 PM
Edhuvume paaka mudiyala :cry: :banghead: :cry2:

Yes romba backward ah poitinga.. Breaking bad 4th season atleast parthingala? also kid recommended me louie and homeland.. both are good.. check it out

ajithfederer
15th November 2011, 10:44 PM
Ounandi. Single tea-kkae singi :lol: :cry:

BB - 4th season Paakala but read the story in wiki. Adhuve remba sooper. I had seen Louie ad's back in Philly. It was very different. Will check both that and H/L.

Yes romba backward ah poitinga.. Breaking bad 4th season atleast parthingala? also kid recommended me louie and homeland.. both are good.. check it out

kid-glove
16th November 2011, 01:22 AM
yEnga Sid, Kamal oray padatha 5 tharava edutha, enna panradhu? :lol:

Sid_316
16th November 2011, 02:42 AM
yEnga Sid, Kamal oray padatha 5 tharava edutha, enna panradhu? :lol:

"Keep the faith" :-P Seri right vidunga.. neenga solradhu correct dhan. Still i keep watching many good turned mediocre series just cos i started it.

Sid_316
16th November 2011, 02:45 AM
By the by kid, Six feet under seen? Good? imdb la 9.1/10

Sid_316
16th November 2011, 02:48 AM
Kid,AF,

Hav u seen this :lol2:

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web04/2011/10/7/15/breaking-bad-meets-dexter-18364-1318014810-35.jpg

kid-glove
16th November 2011, 02:50 AM
It's brilliant. Telecasted on Zee Cafe back in the day. But looking to download the entire seasons. I missed some episodes. I want to see it. But there are other priorities now (Dr. Who, Battlestar Galactica, Bleak House, Neon Genesis Evangelion.) So It might have to wait.

kid-glove
16th November 2011, 03:01 AM
This person had uploaded a lot of it in youtoube.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheGodlessNeander

Do watch the opening of "The Trip" from infant's POV just before SIDS. And of course, the brilliant opening credits!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAcKmbegVKw&feature=channel_video_title

ajithfederer
16th November 2011, 09:23 AM
Haha, Good one. Have seen this before in your fb. :)

Kid,AF,

Hav u seen this :lol2:

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web04/2011/10/7/15/breaking-bad-meets-dexter-18364-1318014810-35.jpg

kid-glove
16th November 2011, 12:52 PM
Ha ha. Walter would be floating in middle of the pacific ocean, in parts. :lol:

ajithfederer
16th November 2011, 10:14 PM
Ok next in the pipeline which I started watching the start of this Fall. That 70's show. Started with the Pilot today. Didn't like the 1st ep that much but 2nd(Eric's Bday) was good. More 2 come.

http://mimg.ugo.com/201002/37292/70s.jpg

Oh yeah Eric's mom is the funniest one out there. I like her shrill voice :rotfl2:

Sid_316
17th November 2011, 12:01 AM
Comedy Central has renewed 'South Park' for three more seasons.

Vida muyarchi :lol2:

ajithfederer
20th November 2011, 12:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es6j_D2msTo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Amepmq9Qmyo&feature=related

Epic Jake and Charlie :lol:. Darn it CBS and Chuck Lorre you blasphemers, You seperated what God had put together. :evil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5_HgTLnUg0&feature=related

Charlie's Thoughts - He is in totally another world when the two chicks are talking :rotfl:.

Sid_316
20th November 2011, 01:31 PM
:lol: miss this guy.. it makes me hate kutcher more and dislike the show even more.

Sid_316
21st November 2011, 11:49 AM
Homeland S01e07

Surprising twist. Still think Brody is playing the 'long game' Or at least Abu Nazir is, his pawns unaware. Poised for a tour-de-force.

Goin good :thumbsup: But not 96% pure :-P.. Guess he is playing the long game

VENKIRAJA
23rd November 2011, 02:16 PM
Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness, Anybody?
Seems like there are 26 episodes.
8 episodes have been aired, so far!
Next episode on 26th, Nickelodeon!

Bing
24th November 2011, 04:02 AM

:yes: I consider Seinfeld as mother of all sitcoms.. Watch "the contest" episode.. probably the funniest episode on seinfeld.. I have never and will never laugh in my life like the way I did it when watching this episode.. Kramer :bow:

Bing
24th November 2011, 04:04 AM
:lol: miss this guy.. it makes me hate kutcher more and dislike the show even more.

luckily comedy central still telecasts the old show as the filler. Guess the new one gets aired right after they air in US. Just picked up this sitcom and it works out well.. I am still in the early days of innocent looking Jake.. Initial thought: the older Jake grows, the less funnier he becomes.. just a hinch though.

wizzy
24th November 2011, 10:18 AM
Bing neenga namme settu..I would rate Seinfeld more than friends for its consistency in writing...even after LD took a sabbatical during the last 2 seasons Jerry stepped up the show..do watch Curb with LD reprising George in its entirety :lol:

kid-glove
28th November 2011, 07:48 PM
Goin good :thumbsup: But not 96% pure :-P.. Guess he is playing the long game

Episode 8 was very well done. Despite going in the way we'd have imagined, they still manage to realize it with conviction.

Episode 9 to be downloaded today.

Dexter Episode 8 was time-pass. No big ambitions, Sid. They should have ended the series. But again, can't help but download episode 9. In vain hope that they could surprise us in a big way.

kid-glove
28th November 2011, 07:56 PM
Now watching: 24 Series I.

Now at 16th episode.

I like David Palmer more than Obama. Not enough swagger, but seems more self-righteous & trustworthy. :lol2:

Jack Bauer. My friend said that it's much like West Wing, but with more action. They've justified the real-time aspect with a well-woven plot. And I gotto agree with my friend, He's the Vijaykanth of USA with better presentation & treatment (naturally, a little more pretentious with all the extended intelligence & covert ops), And a Vijaykanth we'd like. :D

Sid_316
28th November 2011, 08:09 PM
Episode 8 was very well done. Despite going in the way we'd have imagined, they still manage to realize it with conviction.

Episode 9 to be downloaded today.

Dexter Episode 8 was time-pass. No big ambitions, Sid. They should have ended the series. But again, can't help but download episode 9. In vain hope that they could surprise us in a big way.

I think u will literally hate today's episode especially the climax :lol2: paathutu sollunga

kid-glove
29th November 2011, 11:46 PM
Saw Episode 9 of season 6 Dexter.

Sid :lol2: Remember my post earlier this month..

:banghead:

Sid_316
30th November 2011, 12:05 AM
Saw Episode 9 of season 6 Dexter.

Sid :lol2: Remember my post earlier this month..

:banghead:

:lol: :lol: If it isn't for micheal.c.hall... I am escapeeee madhiri nelama i guess

kid-glove
30th November 2011, 12:10 AM
Homeland s01e09 - prodding along nicely.

kid-glove
30th November 2011, 01:13 PM
Completed 24 1st season. Jack Bauer FTW!

ajithfederer
30th November 2011, 03:42 PM
I stopped tonty for after like 5 episodes. Andha split screen image ae pottae mood out pannitanga.

kid-glove
30th November 2011, 04:07 PM
Agreed. But here, the form was justified by the content. A series like 24 couldn't be done without split-screen, a series like Lost couldn't be done without flash-backs/fowards/sidewards.

ajithfederer
30th November 2011, 04:11 PM
And a 360 turn.

kid-glove
30th November 2011, 04:12 PM
EppO enga? Do you mean multiple camera angles?

kid-glove
30th November 2011, 04:13 PM
We actually see another cameraman (or his shadow) in the frame. Lot of bloopers.

ajithfederer
3rd December 2011, 02:29 PM
nEVER Mind

Check out our old dog. Hank Moody is back in town with his gf being married, his daughter having a bf and with a new client whose girl he is hitting on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_KPMyXZNj8&feature=g-u

EppO enga? Do you mean multiple camera angles?

AravindMano
4th December 2011, 09:54 AM
The Harpers have dinner with Rose (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By21kxPyJBE&feature=g-vrec). :lol:

AravindMano
4th December 2011, 09:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5_HgTLnUg0&feature=related

Charlie's Thoughts - He is in totally another world when the two chicks are talking :rotfl:.

They played this episode two three days back. Riot!

kid-glove
5th December 2011, 01:09 AM
24. Season deux. They really had something there in first 10-12 episodes. With brief interlude of Ken Russell's Delius (which was good as well), I then went over & finished it. They've botched it up slightly. It feels a bit hogged up. It might be because I'm watching it in one full go. Plot mechanics this season plays out like a wish-fulfilled parallel universe. But all said and done, you look forward to the next season. Hope David Palmer is okay. :p

kid-glove
6th December 2011, 01:43 AM
Homeland s01e10. Hope they don't make unexpected turns a gimmick. But so far I'd not be an arse about it. It's poised for a great finish, unless they play out an extravagant twist. No. please. Locations & production values are good as ever. But hope they had made more of 'The Conversation' moment. It became more like '24'.

Dexter s06e10. Actually less irritating that we take for granted all the poor choices they took. It's set for one last twist I suppose. Could they kill Debra? Please. Thank you.

VENKIRAJA
6th December 2011, 01:27 PM
Kung fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness - The new series on Nickelodeon.
S01E01-S01E08
Watched 8 episodes that have been aired so far. Not as great as Batman/ X-Men animated series, but still quite good, especially considering the fact its a Kids-centric serial. Series of events that happen between the two movies, how eventually Po gains all the experience that a Dragon warrior is made of.

Villains -
1. A hypnotic 'Dong Lee' Scorpion.
2. Shifu's arch nemesis Taotie.
3. Kinda evil Provincial headed by Qidan clan.
4. Crocodile Bandits lead by Fung. (They appear in almost all episodes)
5. Taotie, returns.
6. Jong Sung Jai Kai Chow.
7.A Mantis Dosu.
8. Tong Fo.

ajithfederer
7th December 2011, 10:48 PM
ELR - Season 5 - Very Good.

Funniest episodes:
1. let's fix robert
2. Ally's birth.
3. Italy pt 1 and 2 (season openers)
4. Young girl
5. The Canister.

and Stefania arrives. Boy stefania was hot :lol:

Sunil_M88
11th December 2011, 07:00 AM
The Inbetweeners Movie, it induces numerous guffaw moments... Also see The Inbetweeners TV series if you haven't already, 3 seasons in total each having 6 episodes.

The series is about 4 lads who are in sixth form and the movie is based on their summer vacation after they finish their A-levels. Even though the film has a lot of British humour and slang everyone could probably relate to it. Another recommended British Teen drama is Skins which had Dev Patel from Slumdog Mililionaire in it. It is more extreme (i.e. sex, drugs and crime) then The Inbetweeners but still a good laugh nonetheless.

Sunil_M88
12th December 2011, 12:22 AM
Fonejacker - revolves around one guy pulling out numerous voices and prank calling random people

some of my fav characters

A middle-eastern dude who doesn't believe in acronyms and pronounces them as they're spelled e.g. dvd becomes doovde, jvc becomes joovc, psp becommes poospe etc.
Indian at a call center who winds people up with silly offers, there is an episode where he is working for the BNP haha
Ugandan fraudster who tells people they've won competitions so that he can hack their bank account

Facejacker - same concept however this time the same guy carries various disguises and pranks real people in person

Sunil_M88
12th December 2011, 12:47 AM
Friday Night Dinner, comedy based on an English Jewish family who gather every Friday for dinner.

Sid_316
19th December 2011, 01:18 PM
Kid,

Season finale of both dexter and homeland today

kid-glove
19th December 2011, 04:48 PM
Downloaded. Will be done tonight. :boo:

Sid_316
19th December 2011, 08:31 PM
Dexter Finale - Finally sama twistu :clap: KG pathtu sollunga..

kid-glove
19th December 2011, 09:42 PM
Will be done in next few hours!

Sid_316
19th December 2011, 10:06 PM
But the execution at some places might be lame.. - Warning :-P

ajithfederer
19th December 2011, 10:06 PM
Oru mayirum paakala. Guys, Can you chennai fellows watch showtime channel at all???.

Dexter Finale - Finally sama twistu :clap: KG pathtu sollunga..

Sid_316
19th December 2011, 10:08 PM
No ellame torrents dhan.. But Foxcrime is now airing dexter season 6.Tata sky la varudhu.. check it out.. konja naal la star world la pottuduvan

kid-glove
20th December 2011, 02:27 AM
Done. Dexter 'finale'. They've always wanted to end it like this, didn't they? Finally, they've took the bold step of doing it with full 2 seasons left.

And yeah, the angle wasn't out of question. There's always a sexual tension between the characters, and in Debra's choices (As she painfully exposits to the shrink). Also their real life relationship was creeping in to the show. Now what they'd do with 2 full seasons? It could be painfully drab. But one hopes not.

kid-glove
20th December 2011, 02:28 AM
Also I found the last two episodes were better written, paced & directed. Deliberate move, after the haphazard, random manner in which the whole season panned out.

Sid_316
20th December 2011, 11:09 AM
Yeah.. But innum 2 seasons iruka?! i thot it will end next season.

Sid_316
21st December 2011, 03:14 PM
Homeland's finale was a bit disappointing for me.. Not really what i expected but nevertheless not bad.

kid-glove
21st December 2011, 03:57 PM
I thought it was brilliant. Very subtly done. They don't blow things up. It plays out on psychological plane.

Damian Lewis :clap: This guy is going to push Cranston, but ultimately 'crawl space' will eat up the competition. So Cranston is safe for GG/emmy ATM.

Claire Danes, I like her cry-face, and the way she gauges the levels of bi-polar.

kid-glove
21st December 2011, 04:00 PM
Strangely, it's Dexter which reminds me of 24 (the final two episodes), Homeland is antithetical & has many more dimensions.

Sid_316
21st December 2011, 05:04 PM
I thought it was brilliant. Very subtly done. They don't blow things up. It plays out on psychological plane.

Damian Lewis :clap: This guy is going to push Cranston, but ultimately 'crawl space' will eat up the competition. So Cranston is safe for GG/emmy ATM.

Claire Danes, I like her cry-face, and the way she gauges the levels of bi-polar.

Agreed to an extent .. but it was kind of predictable sometimes.. don't know how to exactly say this like for an example first time the bomb won't go off..I hate these kind of clich-ed coincidences.. Why do u hav to keep a scene like that ofcourse andha scene la damian was good.. But it cud hav been dealt in a simpler way like the daughter calls her before the first time? Happens in every serial. Anyone can open doors/Anyone can open cars etc. Dexter has lots of it :Evil: House MD don't know if u hav seen it but doctors break into patients home and check for some evidence :hammer:

Damian was good but cranston alavuku? i thot his facecut is a big asset.

I thot clarie danes was great

kid-glove
21st December 2011, 05:56 PM
The bomb didn't go off. Yeah. But how is that a cliche? (Compare this to Dexter, where the canned gas doesn't present its danger, or serve a dramatic purpose. We've seen that (Dexter saving Debra) god knows how many times? That's a cliche.) Brody reassembles it & checks for connection, puts it on. It not only treats something of that magnitude with respect, but it also serves its dramatic purpose. Meanwhile Carrie finds the daughter & persuades her to call. The daughter cares for her father, but she'd never jeopardize him in front of her or anyone. He doesn't even let her mother know. She's aware that there's something wrong, but she'd not want to contemplate that scenario fully or get her dad into trouble. She wants her dad safe. All done amidst the danger of the bomb going off any moment was impressive. Not only does it make for a thriller, it buys time to build its own psychological dimension to the characters. Brody nearly lives his own death with failed trigger. Before that, there's a trepidation & ambiguity in his actions. He lets things play it out & there's a hint of hesitation to his every move. After this incident, he has a renewed sense of how to play things out. He doesn't hesitate to take out Walker. And he cuts a different course of plan with Nazir.

One other thing I'd really highlight is the lack of 'brainwashing' or 'hypnotizing'. Or any kind of treatment out of ordinary. It is no 'Manchurian candidate' in that respect. He turns to Islam (not out of force -a key point), but is that the reason he 'turned'? The ideological element is played out of it, it's much more personal theme of love & loss. The shock & PTSD. As a parallel to him, Carrie too suffers a PTSD, which we don't clearly know about, yet. but only discussed briefly with Saul. Her loss manifests into obsession, to point of bi-polar stress disorder. In this, they're both united. They really genuinely identify with each other. That's how the cabin episode plays out so beautifully. Both aware that the other would pose threat to their side of field. But both equally in unison of being victims of war crimes (Issa is his loss, hers should be revealed in coming season).

Sid_316
21st December 2011, 06:18 PM
The bomb didn't go off. Yeah. But how is that a cliche? (Compare this to Dexter, where the canned gas doesn't present its danger, or serve a dramatic purpose. We've seen that (Dexter saving Debra) god knows how many times? That's a cliche.) Brody reassembles it & checks for connection, puts it on. It not only treats something of that magnitude with respect, but it also serves its dramatic purpose.

Yeah agreed. But i don't know i felt it was a little predictable.. cos he is the poster boy of this series and obviously they wont kill him off and finish this series. YEah if u think the other way it did serve the purpose.

One other thing I'd really highlight is the lack of 'brainwashing' or 'hypnotizing'. Or any kind of treatment out of ordinary. It is no 'Manchurian candidate' in that respect. He turns to Islam (not out of force -a key point), but is that the reason he 'turned'? The ideological element is played out of it, it's much more personal theme of love & loss. The shock & PTSD. As a parallel to him, Carrie too suffers a PTSD, which we don't clearly know about, yet. but only discussed briefly with Saul. Her loss manifests into obsession, to point of bi-polar stress disorder. In this, they're both united. They really genuinely identify with each other. That's how the cabin episode plays out so beautifully. Both aware that the other would pose threat to their side of field. But both equally in unison of being victims of war crimes (Issa is his loss, hers should be revealed in coming season).

True.Ellam just "on the surface" madhiri dhan.. But it wasn't bad. The last shot of the finale was good :thumbsup:

Anyways looking forward to the 2nd :thumbsup:. The scenario will be a lot different now.

ajithfederer
21st December 2011, 06:53 PM
Wait a minute, Debra having feelings for Dexter :shock: :omg:. Guess I am missing a lot.

ajithfederer
24th December 2011, 10:13 PM
Berta :rotfl2:

Alan: Uh huh, Berta, have you seen Charlie?
Berta: He is not in his bed?
Alan: No
Berta: Passed out on the toilet floor?
Alan: No
Berta: Rubbing oil on the Volleyball Girls? :rotfl:
Jake: No
Berta: Well that just leaves us bARS, hospitals and jails.
Alan: :o
Berta: I will go get the yellow pages!!.

Happy Jesus Birthday folks :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FevzE_X2u7E&feature=related

kid-glove
26th December 2011, 02:28 PM
Boardwalk Empire finale & penultimate episode.

Shockingly brilliant. A necessary shock. Spoiler Alert: Much like Breaking bad, kill off the 2nd most interesting character in his 2nd season, the character off whom the main protagonist is played off. Not any more antagonistic than the the protagonist. In fact, much like Nucky's final words to Jimmy, there isn't a point of seeking 'forgiveness'. Unlike BB, this is hauntingly deterministic & therefore, tragic. It was always going to be a precognitive arc with that Nucky's dream sequence of a young child, in his throne, shotgunning him down. If it's Jimmy now, it's probably going to be Timmy, Teddy, Sleater later? This is going to whirlwind him. And he's sooner or later, going to be caught up in knots. Embracing Teddy with paternal grace is the kind of stuff I look forward to, in TV. The stuff that the writers would ruminate on, for coming seasons I'm sure. I didn't like some of the choices taken in previous 22 episodes, but any empire is going to be fleshed out & showcased with variants. The creator-writer of the show would never resort to mechanics of Miller's Crossing. Tom-Leo of Miller's are Hammett-warped constants. This is where Boardwalk differs. There are only variables. Including Nucky. 'The beginning's over, the end hasn't come yet. All I care about is now.' 3rd season cometh.

kid-glove
26th December 2011, 07:12 PM

Season 1. The mole is his most trusted fellow agent, ex-GF. (Nuclear)

Season 2. Gulf oil chasing corporate businessmen. (Biological)

Season 3. Ex-MI6 agent, 'what if' James Bond in American inflicted-circus (Biological)

Season 4. Islamic fundamentalist (Nuclear)

Season 5. Anga kuththi. Inga kuththi. :rotfl:

kid-glove
3rd January 2012, 12:48 PM
"The Prisoner" in Bluray (If you want links, ask me. Not available in torrents)

10/10, Masterpiece. :notworthy:

kid-glove
3rd January 2012, 12:52 PM
Columbo - Mcgoohan-Falk special.

By Dawn's Early light. His performance is great, but otherwise an OK episode.

Next:
Ashes to Ashes
Identity Crisis
Agenda for Murder
Murder with too many notes
Last Salute to the Commodore

kid-glove
3rd January 2012, 01:04 PM
"The Strange World of Gurney Slade"
You might remember the actor from David Lean's Oliver Twist
To say this is way as groundbreaking TV would be an understatement. That this kind of series were made in British Television, that they were 'green lit', is triumphant enough!
Here's the film that could claim to be a precursor to WA (I was particularly reminded of Purple Rose, but even more so, the many fabrics of WA)
Available in Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL43B4D799B0F1DF26

Sid_316
5th January 2012, 12:01 AM
Six feet under- Very kood :thumbsup: Micheal.C.Hall's character :shock:

kubrick
5th January 2012, 05:40 PM
I am hearing very good things about Sherlock (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1475582/), has anyone watched it?

kid-glove
6th January 2012, 08:55 PM
Cumberbatch is excellent. Self-congratulating yes, but a much more arresting performance than Downey IMO. Martin Freeman as Watson is far better than Jude Law. Overall, it's the direction that makes use of texts, visuals, & sounds in interesting manner. Ritchie's film versions are empty exercises in big budget action, with humor (lot more to do with RDJ than with the jokes themselves, I'd think. and also the homo-erotic humor that's part of any version. Except it's far more unrefined in the film with cross-dressing hugs, cringe!) This is contemporary but retains the qualities in interesting, arresting ways!

kubrick
7th January 2012, 12:13 PM
Gonna check it out. But my friend mentioned something in the Sherlock books as annoying which I found very interesting, that is how there are tens of pages just describing the scene and Sherlock's deduction techniques. Wondering if I should read one or two volumes before I start watching them. But the problem is I have two books even before I can start with it. Total conpeesan! Thanks a lot for the info though.

ajithfederer
12th January 2012, 11:33 AM
Love 2 Hate u in STAR WORLD :clap:. Finally a watchable TV Show in Indian channels. I have to say I quite like how Arjun Rampaul carries the show. No fuss and always talks to the point and engages very well with both the star and the participant of the show. NY's show carried a hater of Abhishek Bachcchan. The episode was very good and Abhi did quite well.

mirth
15th January 2012, 08:47 AM
Cumberbatch is excellent. Self-congratulating yes, but a much more arresting performance than Downey IMO. Martin Freeman as Watson is far better than Jude Law. Overall, it's the direction that makes use of texts, visuals, & sounds in interesting manner. Ritchie's film versions are empty exercises in big budget action, with humor (lot more to do with RDJ than with the jokes themselves, I'd think. and also the homo-erotic humor that's part of any version. Except it's far more unrefined in the film with cross-dressing hugs, cringe!) This is contemporary but retains the qualities in interesting, arresting ways!

I agree. Despite being a modern retelling, BBC’s Sherlock is more faithful than Ritchie’s to the spirit of Doyle’s Sherlock Holmes. Excellent casting, especially the two leads.

Gonna check it out. But my friend mentioned something in the Sherlock books as annoying which I found very interesting, that is how there are tens of pages just describing the scene and Sherlock's deduction techniques. Wondering if I should read one or two volumes before I start watching them. But the problem is I have two books even before I can start with it. Total conpeesan! Thanks a lot for the info though.

I actually loved those parts describing Sherlock’s deduction techniques in the books. It shows his keen observational prowess and his amazing ability in piecing the facts together and I love reading that in detective stories.

Even if you have not read the books, Sherlock is still enjoyable with the exceptional acting and pretty zippy screenplay. There are a lot of references and in-jokes though. So if you’ve read the books, it is fun to spot those. If you want to read a volume before watching it, I would suggest reading A Study in Scarlet which is the story where Holmes and Watson first meet since the first episode of the BBC’s Sherlock is also a telling of the first meeting between Sherlock and John. Though be warned that the second part of A Study in Scarlet (the back story) is incredibly tedious to read.

kid-glove
16th January 2012, 11:37 AM
Didn't like "Hounds" much, but it had its moments. "Belgravia" has many more inspired moments. Hope "Reichenbach" offers a stunning season closure.

While one is always unsure about the way they cut it from slow pan shots to quick montage cuts, you're aware that's the only way to keep speed with Sherlock's mind.

wizzy
16th January 2012, 12:03 PM
Baskervilles lost its sheen in this modern adaptation...

Kubrick, do check out David Suchet's portrayal of eggheaded detective...for starters not much of chemistry involved in solving the cases :)..keeps you engaged from start to finish..you will amazed by the production values in the TV series.

wizzy
17th January 2012, 09:51 PM
"The Prisoner" in Bluray (If you want links, ask me. Not available in torrents)

10/10, Masterpiece. :notworthy:

does it include prisoner companion+chimes of big den alt ver?? if yes pliss to PM the links

kid-glove
18th January 2012, 12:46 AM
Nope.

But here are the options for Bluray.

Option A:
http://www.divxturka.net/1886184-post1.html
[ignore the DVD poster, it IS bluray quality]

Use JDOWNLOADER (software) to manage all the links. It's easy to handle. And you could pause. You might have to enter the code if it prompts.

One of the parts in 9th Episode isn't working. So I'd suggest Option B

Option B:
sign in to thebox.bz
Download the torrent (& copy the peer list in utorrent by right clicking & copy peer list. Open the excel. Enter the ip addresses.)
As you download more than 4GB at a stretch, you will be banned (there's no way you're going to upload a significant percentage of 37GB (the size of The Prisoner bluray). So I'd recommend you to use the copied ip peer list, by right clicking 'add peer' and entering the ip. I'd also recommend a episode by episode download.

If you don't want to register, torrent here:
http://www.fileserve.com/file/KtBUzSa/The.Prisoner.1967.S01.720p.BluRay.x264.rar
And use the following peer list:
[2001:0:4137:9e76:3096:8b5:e4df:d760]:41293
80.109.95.31:33133
173.49.159.10:26085
58.152.166.161:56066
80.195.187.169:35826
94.75.232.1:61050
65.19.245.41:25977

PS: If you want Companion and Alternation Version of COBB, it's available in dvdrip

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T3GWM7DI
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PP4WW7WP
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VY2M5R13
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L1BR70JT

http://fileserve.com/file/xYUug4t

wizzy
18th January 2012, 11:06 AM
thanks a ton for the links..have lost count on how many times I have been IP banned from thebox.bz :-D will try the add peer method..any good alternative for thebox.bz..a tracker with entire dvd box releases..been scouting for entire 'Z cars (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0129723/)' series...do you have them in any form?

kid-glove
18th January 2012, 11:38 AM
I remember seeing in thebox.bz, but like you, I'm a forbidden IP there. Ha ha.

ajithfederer
20th January 2012, 10:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRSAybTjb2g&lc=kvRxxVY9VxLxVok4sRPWSO5LDyG1W4w6FOmXefr3zYc&context=G21cf51dFAAAAAAAASAA&feature=g-all-c

Ricky Gervais GG opening monologue. :lol:

kubrick
21st January 2012, 02:15 AM
Baskervilles lost its sheen in this modern adaptation...

Kubrick, do check out David Suchet's portrayal of eggheaded detective...for starters not much of chemistry involved in solving the cases :)..keeps you engaged from start to finish..you will amazed by the production values in the TV series.

Agatha Chritie's Poirot? Hmm.. ok thanks, man.

I am actually into Breaking Bad now. This is my second serious TV since Lie To Me S01. I am loving BB now and I have Sherlock to watch too, which I've promised myself that I'll only watch after I read the book which I've borrowed already and waiting to start after I finish The Trail. Phew!

And now after reading into the much hyped The Prisoner I've started downloading that too. God save me. :P

wizzy
21st January 2012, 10:27 AM
^oh caught up on BB..highly addictive stuff..If you have read the Karla trilogy I suggest that you see Alec Guinness's take on George Smiley...missed watching the movie in theaters.

kid-glove
21st January 2012, 01:15 PM
Yeah, TTSS mini-series is recommended viewing.

kid-glove
24th January 2012, 06:59 PM
Sherlock finale episode - One is wary of the twist, but too much of 'kadhula poo' when you don't have water falls, but a concrete floor & a live 'jump'.

wizzy
25th January 2012, 10:36 PM
Comedy Central debuts in India www.facebook.com/comedycentralindia (http://www.facebook.com/comedycentralindia)

SNL,Seinfeld :redjump:

218 on Tsky

groucho070
27th January 2012, 08:11 AM
Rewatching Granada's Sherlock Holmes series. Three disc, one disc locked in Chinese language. Watching disc two. Brett, the definitive TV Holmes.

wizzy
27th January 2012, 12:40 PM
BrBa OST..some exhilarating tracks..Narcocorrido ftw

Season 1 - http://uploaded.to/file/zjdrk7uo

Season 2 - http://uploaded.to/file/3oogq9zn

Season 3 - http://uploaded.to/file/whyi8ikj

Season 4 - http://uploaded.to/file/twcgnfyc

kid-glove
27th January 2012, 02:19 PM
IT's excellent.

Also how brilliant are the music video on both sides of the border?

The Ads! Saul Goodman :rotfl: :rotfl2:

The French(?) song sung by Gale. :notworthy: The music video he makes on his CD :rotfl:

kid-glove
27th January 2012, 02:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oox5njKoYDs

kid-glove
27th January 2012, 02:34 PM
Gale singing the song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjIn6jGGxsw

wizzy
27th January 2012, 03:44 PM
K-G..Gale's song is track 36 in Season 3..full track is lot more fun..

track from Season 4 comes in 'Shotgun' episode... this got me looking for the entire OST..Jesse :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zOnbbUGdsg

ajithfederer
30th January 2012, 11:06 PM
Wizzy for you man.

Tina Fey - You sexy sweet beauty

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/430644_348556731829845_307884692563716_1327487_148 0256981_n.jpg

Blonde's brunettes take a walk. Redheads rule :-P

Sid_316
30th January 2012, 11:16 PM
Gus's Theme :smokesmirk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b6sDY7hiB4

Sid_316
30th January 2012, 11:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSZktPCl4PM

wizzy
30th January 2012, 11:52 PM
AF, doesn't gnanakuzhandhai look like Tina Fey :lol2:

Sid, Gus :shaking: viewer discretion tag pannugo

Game of Thrones new season preview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOzXsqoJhtE

ajithfederer
31st January 2012, 10:19 AM
Wizard, Gnana Kuzhandhai?? :huh:

Sid: Great video(s)

wizzy
31st January 2012, 11:20 AM
^Suthi papa before Rhinoplasty

kid-glove
31st January 2012, 11:46 AM
Anyone else thought Gus would make it alive, after he walks out & adjusts his tie like Harvey Dent/Two face. :lol:

groucho070
31st January 2012, 11:50 AM
Tina Fey - You sexy sweet beautybrainy, talented...

ajithfederer
31st January 2012, 11:55 AM
Of course she is. Ponnu enga area. SNL Sarah Palin impersonation, pattasu.

wizzy
31st January 2012, 12:07 PM
^She was a bit underwhelming in the Steve Carell's movie anyways she is back as Liz after a brief hiatus :thumbsup:

kid-glove
31st January 2012, 06:00 PM
The Confession

http://theawesomer.com/photos/2011/02/021110_the_confession_t.jpg

1 hour web-movie/mini-miniseries.

Two good performances. Couple of great dialogues, nice tension build-up.

kubrick
2nd February 2012, 12:12 PM
Breaking Bad Fans check this out. http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6701398/breaking-bad-rpg

groucho070
2nd February 2012, 12:19 PM
Thilak, talaivar gif amarkalam.

Watching Merlin Season Two. Really good writing.

ajithfederer
2nd February 2012, 01:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T0UHFIOEwA&feature=youtu.be

That 70s Show on Comedy Central India

:lol:

wizzy
2nd February 2012, 07:16 PM
^The shows they run currently :thumbsup:

kid-glove
3rd February 2012, 11:37 AM
Thanks Grouch..

I didn't want to put that Fascist Harry..

groucho070
3rd February 2012, 12:42 PM
:lol: Why do I get a feeling that you are related to late Pauline Kael. (http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/movies/2011/10/clint-eastwood-and-pauline-kael.html)

Intha character is probably what I can relate to. Politically no leaning. "Ellarum adichikittu sAvungga, I take the reward and leave."

kid-glove
4th February 2012, 08:28 AM
I hate her, but she is a force, Kael force! :)

Yeah exactly re. Blondie.

kid-glove
7th February 2012, 08:36 AM
Touch

- Phew, no wonder I was put off by Heroes.
- Kiefer sutherland :clap: (though you're still going 'wtf Jack Bauer got punched in his appendix')
- didn't like the 9/11/suicide bombing aspect of it, a global gimmick..

Rbee
7th February 2012, 01:39 PM
Malcolm in the middle

Nerd
14th February 2012, 09:19 PM
Have not read all the previous pages, but any fans of 24 here? I just started on Season #1. Very nice.

Believe me, I had written a script ( :oops: ) with the same concept back in 2000. i.e. A film which starts at 10:00 PM and ends at 12:00 AM and all the events occur in real time. Cha, appayE eduthirukkalaam :-) :-)

kid-glove
14th February 2012, 11:01 PM
Have not read all the previous pages, but any fans of 24 here? I just started on Season #1. Very nice.

In a manner of speaking, yes

http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?9515-Television&p=789146&viewfull=1#post789146

Believe me, I had written a script ( :oops: ) with the same concept back in 2000. i.e. A film which starts at 10:00 PM and ends at 12:00 AM and all the events occur in real time. Cha, appayE eduthirukkalaam :-) :-)

What happens between the two hours?

Nerd
15th February 2012, 01:19 AM
http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?9515-Television&p=789146&viewfull=1#post789146
:twisted: :evil: :twisted:

What happens between the two hours?
I am not answering this :twisted:

venkkiram
15th February 2012, 01:27 AM
:twisted: :evil: :twisted:

I am not answering this :twisted:

Oh! Story appadi poguthaa? Gr8!

ajithfederer
15th February 2012, 11:59 AM
Nerd Andha 24- Nonsense ae appadiyae surutti kadasittu jump to AMC's breaking bad. Trust me you won't complain. And also Mad Men. :D

Nerd
15th February 2012, 11:04 PM
Nerd Andha 24- Nonsense ae appadiyae surutti kadasittu jump to AMC's breaking bad. Trust me you won't complain. And also Mad Men. :D

Will check if they stream from netflix. 24 oru season-aavadhu mudikkanum.

ajithfederer
17th February 2012, 10:03 AM
BB was available in N/F and M-M too.

ajithfederer
28th February 2012, 11:01 AM
Ok all other lesser shows move 10 steps back. Adultery, Deception, Debauchery and Jealousy is back with AMC's Mad Men Season 5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2k18vJj1Cs

Betty is back
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K8jcIurStg&feature=relmfu

Joan :-P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HsxmnBGWiw&feature=relmfu

Pete and Peggy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9XhHkttJP8&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAlG2cguqd4&feature=related

And last but not the least

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sqmoX0tdxY&feature=related
Don is back.

kid-glove
28th February 2012, 11:14 AM
Started watching 'Downton Abbey'. Wonderful, expansive subject to dedicate a TV series to, in tradition of Renoir, Altman for this particular genre.

RehmanFan
28th February 2012, 01:47 PM
I started out watching 'The Mentalist' a few weeks back...found it intriguing and got hooked to it pretty fast...finished watching 3 seasons in less than 2 weeks...i found season 3 a bit boring and started to wonder if it has lost its magic..but the season finale made up for it all...I really enjoy this show

ajithfederer
4th March 2012, 02:20 PM
Pan AM from ABC. TV series about the American Airlines and aviation industry from Cold war Times(Mad Men effect?) Just checked it out last Saturday from Star World . Not bad. Some Gorgeous gaels there.

http://www.thepaperwall.com/wallpapers/television/big/big_150bafd167fe7550a100819e9cf6fc047f18c7ff.jpg

ajithfederer
6th March 2012, 09:48 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/427697_322841381099184_140668142649843_850614_3953 49982_n.jpg

Nerd
6th March 2012, 07:24 PM
At last, completed 24: Season 1. Neatly done. Approximately 24 * 45 minutes of great writing/direction. Palmer for president :yes:

Heard they are filming a movie based on this starring the original Bauer and Anil gaboor is playing Bauer in India's take on 24 :lol2:

Nerd
10th March 2012, 12:25 AM
Watched BB first episode. What naansannsss birathar? I am not watching another episode :twisted:

kid-glove
10th March 2012, 03:55 AM
It must seem like utterly trivial nonsense after 24 hours of saving Usa with American Vijaykanth. Forget Kafoor , we have the right fit closer to home :lol2:

ajithfederer
10th March 2012, 06:38 PM
Jesus. :lol:. Oru season aavadhu paarunga. Please go through reviews in IMDB/ Rotten t's and other reputed sites nerd gaaru. You will come back and apologize for this post. :twisted:

Watched BB first episode. What naansannsss birathar? I am not watching another episode :twisted:

ajithfederer
10th March 2012, 08:05 PM
Nerd, naan sonna dhan ninga nambalai. Read kg's take on this here

http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?8530-Which-non-indian-film-u-saw-recently-has-made-u-post-here&p=751929&viewfull=1#post751929

ajithfederer
10th March 2012, 08:08 PM
Avoid seeing the pics in kg's link though. Lot of Spoilers there.

Nerd
10th March 2012, 08:41 PM
It must seem like utterly trivial nonsense after 24 hours of saving Usa with American Vijaykanth. Forget Kafoor , we have the right fit closer to home :lol2:
Yeah Vijayakanth for Bauer, but prefer the late 80s / early 90s VK where he was more charismatic. Seems Bauer won best actor (globe/emmy for season #1) enna comedy boss.

Jesus. :lol:. Oru season aavadhu paarunga. Please go through reviews in IMDB/ Rotten t's and other reputed sites nerd gaaru. You will come back and apologize for this post. :twisted:
Set-E aavalaiyE.. Avan jattiyOda samaikkiradhai paarthaa I get an uneasy feelingi. I am unable to come to terms with it. Yeah the reviews are unbelievable and office-layum makkaL bayangaramaa pugazhndhaanga. Will try another episode..

Death Note
11th March 2012, 05:51 AM
Watching Prisonbreak season 1. Amazing, how he plans the escape blew my mind :bow:

ajithfederer
12th March 2012, 09:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOmp3HpAGgM&feature=related

Gus Fring :smokesmirk:

ajithfederer
15th March 2012, 08:57 AM
Bad news kg:

David Milch, Michael Mann, and HBO have collectively decided to cease production of 'Luck', following the third death of a horse. From IMDB FB

ajithfederer
15th March 2012, 09:32 PM
BB/ Heisenberg / Walter white / Quantum Mechanics and the Uncertainty principle. :D

http://ttgbbbb.blogspot.in/2010/05/heisenbergwalter-heartwell.html

ajithfederer
17th March 2012, 11:19 PM
Damm it AMC this site does exist http://www.savewalterwhite.com/ :lol:. Unga technical correctness'kku alavae illayada!!!

wizzy
17th March 2012, 11:27 PM
Damm it AMC this site does exist http://www.savewalterwhite.com/ :lol:. Unga technical correctness'kku alavae illayada!!!

:shock: ennum konjam nallale New Mexico'la BrBa guided tour announce pannuvanga :lol2:

ajithfederer
17th March 2012, 11:30 PM
Hell yea!!!
My new area of interest is Albuquerque, New Mexico :yes:

ajithfederer
20th March 2012, 01:31 PM
Nielsen: 9 million viewers for 'Walking Dead'

NEW YORK (AP) — Television viewers can't get enough of those zombies.
The Nielsen ratings company said Monday that 9 million people watched the season finale of "Walking Dead" on AMC Sunday night. That's the largest audience ever for an episode of the series, which is in its second season.
It was the most-watched original drama episode ever on basic cable among some key demographics, including viewers under age 49 and among young men, although it fell short of being the most-watched drama ever on basic cable.
The show's season average of 6.9 million viewers was up 32 percent from the first season.

kid-glove
20th March 2012, 05:47 PM
Bad news kg:

David Milch, Michael Mann, and HBO have collectively decided to cease production of 'Luck', following the third death of a horse. From IMDB FB

The show was cursed from the time my attempts to download HDTV rip failed !!

ajithfederer
24th March 2012, 10:53 PM
http://media.amctv.com/photo-gallery/mm5-studio-photos/Mad_Men_0445_RGB.jpg

Madison Avenue is back with a 2 hour season 5 premiere.

http://media.amctv.com/photo-gallery/mm5-studio-photos/Mad_Men_0320_RGB.jpg

Sunday 9/8 c.

ajithfederer
26th March 2012, 01:00 PM
Spoilers below

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/bastard-machine/mad-men-spoiled-bastard-episodes-304059

Haven't seen it. Looks like the reviews are very good.

ajithfederer
27th March 2012, 07:46 PM
MM : Season 5 Episode(s) 1 and 2 - Premiere - A Little Kiss

Good. S5 starts on Memorial Day 1966 and on Don's Big 4 birthday. Everything is back from sex to smoke, cocktails to racism and parties to backstabbing. Must watch.

ajithfederer
27th March 2012, 07:49 PM
Spoilers
Oh yeah there is a song performance by Megan Pare as well.

Nerd
5th April 2012, 06:58 PM
Mad Men Season 1. Have only seen the first 5 episodes so far. Started a little slow and I had to warm up a little bit too.

Very nice. Rembba nallaa irukku :clap:

ajithfederer
5th April 2012, 10:15 PM
Good/. As season count becomes higher the series becomes better n better. I have to watch this week's episode though from Season 5.

Mad Men Season 1. Have only seen the first 5 episodes so far. Started a little slow and I had to warm up a little bit too.

Very nice. Rembba nallaa irukku :clap:

wizzy
6th April 2012, 12:02 PM
http://d3-05.twitpicproxy.com/photos/full/432800345.jpg

courtesy Ding Tio (http://twitter.com/#!/h_salamanca) :-)

ajithfederer
7th April 2012, 07:21 PM
60 Minutes
TEN EUROPEAN COUNTRIES are in a recession. In order to avoid default, three have needed bailouts from the European Union and the IMF, and more might be necessary.

What’s at stake? A lot, including the future of the currency, the Euro, and the health of the United States’s largest trading partner.

Sunday on 60 Minutes, Steve Kroft reports on the European debt crisis, including how the austerity measures being demanded of Greece are rekindling the ghosts and even enmity of World War II.

Sunday at 7 p.m. ET/PT. Preview, click here or below: http://cbsn.ws/HRNBmN

ajithfederer
10th April 2012, 10:36 AM
60 Minutes veteran Mike Wallace passed away this week. RIP Mike Wallace.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Society/2012/0409/Mike-Wallace-the-legendary-60-Minutes-career-that-almost-wasn-t-video

ajithfederer
16th April 2012, 10:01 PM
MM - Season 5 Episodes Mystery Date and Signal 30. Continuing the same class from Previous seasons. It's a shame that viewers had to wait for 1 and a half years.

ajithfederer
16th April 2012, 10:30 PM
An extremely Good Link. Well compiled by NY Times. One of the major USP's of the show and why Mad MEN is brilliant. Seeing American History through the 50's and the 60's from this show.

Some memorable events are Kennedy vs Nixon election, kennedy's subsequent election and death, Cuban Missile crisis, Civil rights act and Vietnam war.
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2010/07/16/arts/television/20100718-madmen-timeline.html?ref=multimedia

ajithfederer
19th April 2012, 06:53 PM
Mad Men Season 5 Episode 505 'Signal 30' Review
April 18, 2012

http://www.thehdroom.com/images/news/10578.jpg

"I know cooler heads should prevail, but am I the only one that wants to see this?" :lol:

Not at all, Roger. I'm pretty sure we've all been waiting for this.

It's taken five seasons to get there, but in this week's Mad Men episode, 'Signal 30,' Pete Campbell finally caught the punch in the face he's been asking for since day one. It was just as glorious as I'd always hoped it would be.

There's not a complete satisfaction with it, though, as there is something about Pete that also makes you care about him. Under all the smarm and incessant power tripping, there is a guy that has everything, yet feels like he has nothing.

The idea of that isn't initially easy to agree with. On the outside, his life is damn near perfect. He's got a lovely and loving wife, a new child, a wonderful new home in the suburbs and is well beyond secure in his work and dealings for SCDP. One would be hard pressed to find a shortcoming within all that.

http://www.thehdroom.com/images/news/10578a.jpg

Yet, Pete is filled with them. He never wanted the baby in the first place, and, as indicated in this season's premiere, having the baby has made Trudy less concerned about her appearance than she was before, which is getting to Pete. He's always very conscious of the surface. Pete also never wanted to move away from the city, but now he has to please his wife. He basically has the perfect life, save for the fact that it's not the life he wanted.

I'm honestly wondering if said life is one Pete wants to keep living. At every turn that he sees as a high note, he's torn down by those around him and his own expectations. He begins taking a driver's education class and flirting with a young girl in the class, only to be shown up by a younger, "handsome"-er guy. He invites the Draper's and the Cosgrove's over for a dinner party, only to get shown up by Don when the sink he "fixed" breaks again. Later he partakes of some prostitute fueled infidelity, surely thinking himself as one of the gang, only to feel shame and judgment from Don, who has surprisingly become the pillar of sainthood in the office. The final straw was insulting and demeaning Lane in front of his peers, which led to some office fisticuffs and Pete picking himself up off the floor.

It is Pete himself that actually led to his office beat down. If not for his insistence that Don, Roger and he take over for Lane when it looked like he couldn't close the deal, the whole thing could have been avoided, at least until something else came to pass. The Jaguar man's wife discovered his night of infidelities, not only negating any business that could have transpired, but also humiliating Lane in the process. Pete takes this opportunity to kick Lane while he's down, and Lane realizes the monster that he has helped Pete become.

http://www.thehdroom.com/images/news/10578b.jpg

As Pete has climbed the ladder, he's carried and kept fewer and fewer friends along the way. Yet, he's almost always looking for someone to back him up, and never realizing why it is that no one does. When he insults Lane, he's looking for everyone else to agree, yet gets stone faces. As they are about to fight, he looks at Don to save him, but that's just not going to happen.

Once the day ends, Pete drags himself out of his office and shares an elevator with Don, hoping for something. He stands there, defeated inside and out and tells Don that he "has nothing", which we all know is furthest from the truth, but Pete doesn't see the truth. Either that or, as I've mentioned, it's a truth he doesn't want.

Either way, I'm starting to think it wasn't mere coincidence that Pete was asking for a window in his office earlier this season. The broken man that he is now is just a few short steps away from calling it quits for good.

http://www.thehdroom.com/images/news/10578c.jpg

Other notable moments:

- The entire dinner party was wonderfully set up and paced, with just the right amount of camaraderie and awkwardness.

- Don's jacket. It deserves its own sitcom.

- Neither Don nor Megan knowing Ken's wife's name was hilarious, made even more so with Don's "Hey, you!" line and Megan blurting out "Cynthia!" once she realizes her name.

- "There are a lot of varmints. " Oh indeed, Pete.

- Cynthia accidentally calling Charles Whitman "Widmore/Whitmore": intentional conversation flub or LOST reference?

- Did anyone else think Pete said, "Dick!" when he walked in on the broke sink, spilling Don's big secret? I've watched it over and over and I'm sure he's saying "damnit", but it caught me off guard initially.

- Don fixing the broke sink assuredly created some handsome plumber fantasies. He made the ladies of the party swoon and, in the process, made Pete look even more like a joke in his own home.

http://www.thehdroom.com/images/news/10578d.jpg

- Don's doodle of the noose. Is it a callback to his murderous fever dream revealing there is something dark inside or is it simply displaying how he feels in these meetings? I'm leaning towards the latter.

- I like that Peggy and Ken still have their pact, although I don't think they will ever need it.

- Roger showing Lane the ropes was an incredible scene and gave an excellent peek into how Roger works. Sure, we've seen him in action, but hearing his steps and tips showed why he's the best or was at one time.

- If you're ever in dire need of a high class whorehouse, Roger Sterling is your man.

- "You're a grimy little pimp!" - Lane Pryce

- "Because he was caught with gum on his pubis!" - Also Lane. He's giving Roger a run for his quotable money.

- Once Lane assumed old-timey boxing stance, I knew Pete was done for.

- Joan telling Lane after the fight that he's a better man than all the others, only for him to immediately and awkwardly kiss her on the mouth.

http://www.thehdroom.com/images/news/10578e.jpg

- Ken using Pete and his depression as the inspiration for his new story. "It might have been living in the country that was making him cry. It was killing him with its silence, and loneliness. Making everything ordinary too beautiful to bear." - From the mouth of Roger Sterling:

"Listen, honey, I'm not going to bore you with compliments."

"Cup of what?" (in response to Layne saying England won the World Cup)

"The last words I want to hear out of his date's mouth is 'Next!'"

"I don't know about you two, but I had Lane."

This Mad Men episode, directed by none other than John Slattery himself, was, in my opinion, the best of Season 5 to date. While it focused heavily on Pete, the story managed to include just about everybody. Even more impressive is that it managed to do so with more than half the episode taking place outside of the office itself. All of the pacing and editing, which has been a bit shaky so far, was absolutely on point this week. Vincent Kartheiser continues to turn out impeccable work as Pete Campbell, the man who has everything but, as in his mind has nothing. Alison Brie did some stand up work with her bit of screen time as Trudy. I enjoyed her assertiveness and hope she continues to get her moments throughout the season.

- Matt Hardeman

Cheers:
Top to bottom the best episode of the season (so far)
As much as one can hate him, Pete Campbell makes for some good storytelling
Excellent editing and pacing throughout the episode
No Betty or Michael! Hooray!

Jeers:
Not a single one

Overall:9.8 Very well written :clap:

http://www.thehdroom.com/news/Mad-Men-Season-5-Episode-505-Signal-30-Review/10578

ajithfederer
21st April 2012, 10:49 AM
From abc:
Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23 :rotfl:. Looks Good. Krysten ritter. The breaking bad reference is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3SD_oBOx7g

kid-glove
21st April 2012, 11:50 AM
http://www.slate.com/slideshows/arts/pairing-up-the-heroes-of-downton-abbey-with-their-mad-men-soul-mates.html

But I'd not use 'heroes' on most of the mentioned characters from both shows..

ajithfederer
22nd April 2012, 08:32 PM
60 Minutes
THE COLLAPSE OF LEHMAN / TONIGHT ON 60 MINUTES: It’s hard to overstate the enormity of the 2008 collapse of Lehman Brothers.

It was the largest bankruptcy in history; 26,000 employees lost their jobs; millions of investors lost all or almost all of their money; and it triggered a chain reaction that produced the worst financial crisis and economic downturn in 70 years.

Yet four years later, no one at Lehman has been held responsible. Tonight on 60 Minutes, Steve Kroft investigates the collapse of Lehman Brothers: what the SEC did and didn’t know about the firm’s finances, the role of a top accounting firm, and why no one at Lehman has been called to account.

60 Minutes. Sunday at 7 p.m. ET/PT

This piece and the entire broadcast will be viewable online after the show at 60Minutes.com: http://cbsn.ws/A1Eybn

Cha paaka mudiyaadhe !!!!

ajithfederer
22nd April 2012, 10:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYBTX_GmSM8&feature=share

KG, Take a hit of this drug and tell me this is not the best tribute you've ever seen.

"You see, technically, chemistry is the study of matter, but I prefer to see it as the study of change: Electrons change their energy levels. Molecules change their bonds. Elements combine and change into compounds. But that's all of life, right? It's the constant, it's the cycle. It's solution, dissolution. Just over and over and over. It is growth, then decay, then transformation!

It's fascinating really. It's a shame so many of us never take time to consider its implications."
Walter White

kid-glove
23rd April 2012, 11:00 AM
Amazing! Superbly made. :clap:

In deed, it is very apparent that Vince Gilligan loves his widescreen Leone & Westerns. No wonder this is an inspired musical choice. Sheer Ecstasy.

ajithfederer
25th April 2012, 11:28 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/427318_10151413179395327_140731500326_23298268_189 0420456_n.jpg

MM S5: Ep 6 Far away places : Kind of a downer compared to last episode. However liked Don chasing Megan in their apartment.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/423530_10151400366615327_140731500326_23245749_596 806947_n.jpg

kid-glove
25th April 2012, 11:36 PM
Whilst quite good, not quite my cup of tea, or more to the point, my sniff of meth. Bring back BB AMC!! Can't wait. :mrgreen: Until then I'll make do with racism, sexism, adultery and what not.

ajithfederer
26th April 2012, 08:51 AM
Yeah :lol:. We have to wait till July for 5th season for the first 8 episodes (sandwiched by a break of 4 months) and then the next 8 episodes./

Nerd
26th April 2012, 06:59 PM
BB is overrated. I d rather watch golf.

MM is unbelievable. Have only watched season 1. The last 2-3 episodes were underwhelming, but that does not take anything away from it. Best.Ever.

kid-glove
26th April 2012, 08:18 PM
I'd prefer MM to BB If I had turned pregnant.

ajithfederer
26th April 2012, 08:29 PM
Well both are good.

Yo Nerd, oru episode kooda fullaa paakala. Appuram enna golp commenttu :x

ajithfederer
26th April 2012, 10:18 PM
Philly cheese steak, this is quite awkward. I mean though they are not bro/sis by blood but still meahhh. Add that to their real divorce, hmm. Didn't see Dexter S6 and saw this video. Comeon Debbie I like you as foul mouth foster sister Debra not this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6seInRJufHE&feature=g-vrec

Nerd
26th April 2012, 11:48 PM
Yo Nerd, oru episode kooda fullaa paakala. Appuram enna golp commenttu :x
I yam 3.5 episodes old and I aint watching any further (unless I run out of stuff on Netflix :oops: )

kid-glove
27th April 2012, 01:01 AM
3rd and 4th season is the shit.

ajithfederer
3rd May 2012, 08:18 AM
http://www.charliesheen.com/photos/166463

ajithfederer
5th May 2012, 10:55 PM
Nerd, How is MM Comin??.

K_G Jesse and Walt say Season 5 is the craziest yet. Taken Right from the sets. http://www.amctv.com/shows/breaking-bad

Nerd
5th May 2012, 11:23 PM
Nerd, How is MM Comin??.

Stopped with Season #1 just for the fear of finishing it. I mean if I complete this, what next? :cry: Everything else on Netflix is pure shite (tried Lost, Arrested Development etc). BB - will certainly go back to it.

Now back to 24 for the cheap thrills. :ashamed: Btw Palmer is extremely wimpy as the president. He was better as a senator.

The only series I watch on (live) TV is Modern Family :mrgreen:

ajithfederer
6th May 2012, 11:24 AM
http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/5000000/-Sam-and-Dean-supernatural-5029065-1280-960.jpg

Tried my first taste at SuperNatural from Star world. I know, I know its Udanss, Gapsa and BS but what made it passable were the two lead guys Sam and Dean. I've liked SAM from the Jason Horror film and this guy Dean makes a good match up as his brother. Watched an episode and found it NOT BAD.

Nerd, MM Season 2 and 3 are just as good in fact S3 is the sexiest MM Season ever, IMHO. BB Once you finish S1 you are up for a Mind whack. :lol:. Try your hands at N/F Comedies like Family Guy, TAAHM or some of the British ones they have. Coming back to Drama's I've heard Entourage from HBO is very good. Not sure if N/F has that in their streaming mode. Californication is pretty bad ass too.

ajithfederer
6th May 2012, 11:45 AM
Totally forgot , Anybody watching Aamir's show SJ ??. It's airing right now on Star Plus and on DD.

ajithfederer
6th May 2012, 09:51 PM
Looks like SJ has opened to good reviews. First episode deals with female foeticide it seems.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Satyamev-Jayate-I-am-no-one-to-solve-issues-I-can-only-highlight-them-Aamir-Khan-says/articleshow/13023049.cms

ajithfederer
7th May 2012, 09:37 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satyamev_Jayate_(TV_show)#Episode_1:_Daughters_are _precious

Spoilers below

Episode 1: Daughters are precious
The first episode focused on the issue of female foeticide in India. The show began with some shocking stories of mothers who struggled to give birth to their girl child. The first guest on the show was Amisha Yagnik from Ahmedabad. She said that she was forced by her husband and in-laws to abort her female unborn child six times in a span of eight years and further shares her experiences to finally give birth to a daughter later. The second guest, Parveen Khan from Morena, Madhya Pradesh shared the story of her husband disfiguring her face by biting it, when she insisted on giving birth to a female child against his wishes.[29] Next, doctor Mitu Khurana from Delhi was asked by her orthopaedic surgeon husband and in-laws to abort her girl twins just after 20 weeks of conceiving. On the show, she said her husband and in-laws “took every wrong step to force me to abort” but thanks to her family ”I saved my kids.” Her mother-in-law who is a retired vice-principal from a Rohtak school, tried to kill the babies by kicking a baby basket, with one of the babies, down the stairs, but the child was however saved.[30]
The show claimed that according to 2011 Census, the rate at which the unborn female child is killed amounts to killing off 10,00,000 girls a year and there were 914 girls for every 1,000 boys.[30]The episode concluded with a song O Ri Chiraiya sung by Swanand Kirkire along with Ram Sampath.

ajithfederer
10th May 2012, 09:51 AM
Back in 3.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/578047_10150760944331933_270163451932_9609815_1008 515979_n.jpg

Only three more weeks until they are baaaack! Don't miss the summer premiere of Melissa & Joey Wednesday, May 30 at 8pm/7c!

ajithfederer
16th May 2012, 02:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSb23AocRC8

Jake has 3-some and Alan is worried. Season 8 opener. Ah the good old days.

ajithfederer
17th May 2012, 09:34 AM
Breaking Bad's creator: 'This thing will end with a blast'

The man behind one of the best shows on television says Breaking Bad's creative team are "killing themselves" to give the show a proper send off.

The critically acclaimed show, about a school science teacher who turns to cooking meth after being diagnosed with cancer, is set to come to an end with its fifth season, which begins airing in America later this year.

While the final season will be split into two parts, the last of which will air in 2013, creator Vince Gilligan says it will end "on a high".

"We're killing ourselves to make the show as satisfying as possible," Gilligan said in an interview with Digital Spy.

"We're gonna do our damnedest to make this thing end with a blast and end on a high note, in a way that will satisfy everyone. But I think, as we all know, there is no satisfying everyone. But we'll do our best."

Gilligan warned not everyone would be happy with the show's ending.

http://www.entertainmentwallpaper.com/images/desktops/movie/tv_breaking_bad05.jpg

Just the law of averages tells me that a lot of folks will say, 'Nah, that's not what I hoped for. That's not what I saw in my mind's eye.'

"I don't say that because I think it'll be unsatisfying. I think it will be [satisfying] for a large majority of viewers, and that is certainly our intention, but when you make an investment in a television show, you tend to have a proprietary feeling towards it.

"These characters become your characters, and you have hopes and dreams for them. You have expectations for them."

Few details have emerged about the story arc for the show's final season, but Gilligan said splitting it into two parts gave them more time to work on the story.

"It certainly could have been aired as one long block of episodes, but I think the folks that make those decisions - who are at a pay-grade higher than mine - figured it would be better to do two smaller-sized seasons and to take us through the year 2013," he said.

"I'm very happy about that. I like the idea of us being around a couple more years."

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=10806050

directhit
17th May 2012, 11:47 AM
Totally forgot , Anybody watching Aamir's show SJ ??. It's airing right now on Star Plus and on DD. :bow: :thumbsup:

Sid_316
18th May 2012, 12:09 AM
KG and AF,
Check out all the minisodes of breaking bad.. its available in youtube.. Even the minisodes are awesome :mrgreen:

ajithfederer
21st May 2012, 06:54 PM
Hand to God, KG and Sid I just cannot wait for the 5th season. If i were in America I would have travelled to Kansas and visited AMC's HQ. July come soon :twisted:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/576381_442832925727337_201752176502081_91942876_13 24009933_n.jpg

Jesse Pinkman
15 minutes ago

Good morning, bitches! Let's cook some meth!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/579439_440556329288330_201752176502081_91934406_49 19225_n.jpg

kid-glove
21st May 2012, 10:20 PM
Could they fast forward it to July already..

ajithfederer
27th May 2012, 04:33 PM
இன்று ’சத்யமேவ ஜெயதே’ நிகழ்ச்சியில் ஆமீர்கான் மருத்துவர்கள், தனியார் மருத்துவமனைகள், மருந்துக் கம்பெனிகள் ஒருங்கிணைந்த drug mafia வின் தோலை உரித்து தொங்கவிட்டார். இன்றைய மருத்துவர்களின் செயல்பாட்டை ‘ நம்பிக்கைத் துரோகம்’ என்ற வார்த்தையால் மனக் கொதிப்புடன் குறிப்பிட்டார். என்னைக் கேட்டால் ’தேச துரோகம்’ என்பேன். ஏனென்றால் பயாங்கரவாதிகளால் கொல்லப்படுகிறவர்களைவிட பணத்துக்காக தவறான மருத்துவம் செய்து கொல்லப்படுபவரக்ள் பல்லாயிரம் மடங்கு அதிகம்.

From FB

ajithfederer
27th May 2012, 04:37 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/484349_442205845808382_411819428847024_1578330_108 9946520_n.jpg

ajithfederer
28th May 2012, 04:43 PM
Spoilers galore below:

Shocked and in-fact quite devastated that my most favorite man-woman relationships in TV Drama is no more. Peggy leaving SCDP and Don although quite understandable is still a shocker for me. Don will certainly rue her loss. :(. Goes to show one should always appreciate the things around them while having em.

MM S5: Episodes 6-8 were quite dull and not to my liking but 9-11 are top class. Certainly in AMC's class. :bow:

kid-glove
30th May 2012, 04:47 PM
"If any man dies with a clean sword, I'll rape his fucking corpse."

kid-glove
2nd June 2012, 03:18 PM
A Game of thrones. Bad-ass TV.

ajithfederer
6th June 2012, 04:26 PM
Mad Men - Season 5 Episode 12 - Commissions and Fees. Spoilers galore below:

A mortal blow after a mortal blow. MM S5 is certainly sculpting it's own place in TV. RIP Lane Pryce. A true shock.

Nerd
6th June 2012, 06:49 PM
Yow, spoiler pOttA whilte-la pOdanum.. :twisted:

I am on Season 3 now. Great series, great writing/acting/setting/vetting/otting etc :clap:

ajithfederer
15th June 2012, 02:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_jphULKZ4E&feature=player_embedded

KG/SID check tghis out :bow:

wizzy
15th June 2012, 02:32 PM
caught up with S4 again..Gus should come back..whtya performance :clap: BB repeat value is next only to The Wire..deserves a better finish.

kid-glove
15th June 2012, 11:23 PM
"I AM the one who knocks.".... "Mad Men's fucking teeth to its throat"

Dilbert
16th June 2012, 01:17 AM
Expecting Homeland's return around 1st week of September. Never seen a TV series so gripping I MEAN EVER.
closest would be strike back .Man these series can put even the best action hollywood movies to shame.

Game of thrones , pretty ranchy and mundane routine of sex ,swords and blood.. Season 1 was ok Since HBO pitched it so highly against Starz Spartacus
Season 2 too much of dungeons and dragons shit. I stopped watching it. Its a Lame plot to begin with, there is only so much battle scenes you can add.

Anyway to continue with my promotion of Homeland * Warning Highly addictive stuff * not for sissy babies :lol2:

kid-glove
16th June 2012, 02:51 AM
First and foremost, Game of thrones is about Northern/Southern rivalry. It's like Newcastle vs Tottenham.