PDA

View Full Version : anybody knows recipe for boti curry?

rupa
31st January 2005, 07:14 PM
hi,
anybody knows recipe for boti curry? (kudal curry)

Pearl
3rd February 2005, 01:17 PM
Hi Rupa
Do you need the recipe for Tonjal curry which we make in Madras. If so I could send you the same.

Pearl

dev
3rd February 2005, 02:06 PM
Hi Pearl,

Pls do post the recipe...I would like to try it...

Pearl
6th February 2005, 06:23 PM
Tonjal/Paal Pie Pepper fry with potatoes.

Tonjal/Paalpie – ½ kg - clean the Tonjal/Paalpie by pressing out the dirt, then slit open the intestines with a sharp knife by passing it through, wash well preferably under the tap - running water rubbing the opened side well, this will or could have a light yellow or green colour wash nicely – do the same for the Paal Pie. Now put the washed tonjal/paalpie into the Pressure pan, add ½ tspn turmeric pwd. & 2 cups of water & pressure cook for 10 mins – (i.e. once the first whistle is released lower flame & leave to cook for 10 mins) – remove from heat & leave the cooker to de pressurize on its own – open & cut the tonjal/paalpie into ½” pcs & keep.

Mince finely 1 big Onion; 2 tomatoes & keep with a sprig of curry leaves.

Potatoes 2 big ones boiled, peeled & cut into small cubes – keep aside.

Other ingredients needed:

Oil 3-4 tbspns; Salt to taste, Garam Masala pwd – ½ tspn; Sombu broiled & powdered – ½ tspn; Pepper pwd - 1 tspn; ginger & garlic paste 1 ½ tspn; lime juice 1 – 1 ½ tbspn; Chopped coriander leaves – 3 tbspns.

Method:

Add oil in a vessel, when hot add the onions & curry leaves & fry till onions are light brown, now lower heat & add the ginger & garlic paste & fry for 2 mins., add Pepper powder, garam masala pwd, sombu powder & continue to fry for a second or 2, now add chopped tomatoes & continue to fry till tomatoes are soft, now add the cut up Tonjal/Paalpie pieces, potatoe pieces & 1 cup of water – mix well & leave to cook on low heat till the gravy is thick - remove from heat add lime juice mix well –garnish with chopped coriander leaves & serve with Rice & Sambar/Rasam or with Dosas/ Appam etc.,

For Thonjal/Paal Pie & Potato Chillie fry – follow the same recipe & method – use Chillie powder instead of Pepper powder.

Pearl Subramanian

Pearl
6th February 2005, 06:24 PM
Hi Rupa,

This is Pearl again Do you need the recipe for Tripe Curry with Channa Dhal & Potatoes + Tripe Fry.
Pl. do let me know O K

Bye

Pearl

rupa
8th February 2005, 12:10 PM
hello pearl,
tks for expressing your help. what i am looking for is a kerala style recipe for boti
with best rgds,
-rupa