View Poll Results: Will Thala -GVM combo beat Kaakha Kaakha and Vettaiyaadu Vilaiyaadu magic ?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 63.16%
  • No

7 36.84%
Page 269 of 311 FirstFirst ... 169219259267268269270271279 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,690 of 3108

Thread: ◄lılı Thala AjithKumar ♥ Anushka • Yennai Arindhaal • A M Ratnam • GVM lılı◄

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Siv.S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    South Africa Distributor

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Watching Yennai Arindhaal at dawn on release day wasn't just a movie going exp. it was a Festival says "The Hindu"

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Siv.S View Post
    ATMUS Entertainment @ATMUSent
    #YennaiArindhaal bcoms highest grossing #Thala film in USA by Satday, $415K,more scrns to rept. prev best Arrambam $380K. Target $500K now!
    Wed (Premieres) - $113K

Thurs - $53K

Fri - $120K

Sat - $129K

Total - $415K [₹2.58 Crs]

" @ATMUSent Saturday is not done yet, more screens reporting, may reach $150K!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    In North India

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

◄lılı Thala AjithKumar ♥ Anushka • Yennai Arindhaal • A M Ratnam • GVM lılı◄

Quote Originally Posted by Siv.S View Post
    Wed (Premieres) - $113K

Thurs - $53K

Fri - $120K

Sat - $129K

Total - $415K [₹2.58 Crs]

" @ATMUSent Saturday is not done yet, more screens reporting, may reach $150K!!!
    I know Friday and esp Saturday will be huge. They screened in proper theaters only on Friday and the Wednesday shows had less screens.

Machi - where do we stand now? 500k is an achievable target. I think it can go beyond 700k at least given the no of screens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by selvakumar; 8th February 2015 at 12:08 PM.
    Ponnu Vellai tholah? illai Karuppu tholah?
    RE: Aennn.. Puli tholu..

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

8. Likes rachel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by selvakumar View Post
    I know Friday and esp Saturday will be huge. They screened in proper theaters only on Friday and the Wednesday shows had less screens.

Machi - where do we stand now? 500k is an achievable target. I think it can go beyond 700k at least given the no of screens
    700K i doubt selva, we have only a Sunday now, i don't think there will be much foot fall on coming weekdays, and next weekend u have Anegan, it will reach 600K for sure, guess it is a SuperHit already there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mappi View Post
    The answer lies in the timeline of Satya's life otherwise put in Satya's Carrier.

When Satya's dad embraces the fate of Uncle Ben, Satya becomes an IPS as during that time of his father's murder Alex Pandiyan was playing on the TV and thankfully not Spiderman. From here, we are introduced to a dynamic Satya who could be in his late 20's. He is a Ghost, as his own colleagues aka other officials (except GVM ofcoarse - fantastic touch this is) do not know him (ref. 1st time you see Satya in uniform, unshaven). Father Mathew gang may not be his first mission, but certainly its not the last one. At this point in his carrier he is a nobody operating as an annonymous (ref. 1. Scene in the hotel Cabin room where Victor vouches for satya. Ref 2 Father Mathew is careful that he asks Satya to stay with the car). Why only this back story alone is to show us who is Victor.

Then, he is presented as a Police Officier, but he still continues going undercover, but his cover gets blown (narration in the parking garage inbetween the song sequence). This song / its lyrics are a part of the 2 Satya's you see - bearded one and the DCP. So now he is getting famous in the underworld, plus corruption is speaking volumes, he becomes a secret crime branch which handles executions. Its not yet the world know him (ref. scooter chat with his neighbour).

Now is the important part of the time line - He meets Hemanika. He is in charge of reporting, obviously seen thru the media (ref. Hemanika at the court house says she saw him on TV the next day). His task on hand now is not to inflitrate but to take down. In this suituation he is a backup (ref. the phone conversation with his team). So to mingle with the crowd he dresses up as a Auto Driver. The other Auto Driver does not recognise him, but even before his memory re-initialises, Satya's look pulls the strings of his hand to salute.

The 2nd meeting with Hemanika happens after 2 years from their 1st meeting (clue: it was quite obvious). In this spawn of 2 years, Satya has risen to a status that he is no more undercover or executioner but the brains and hands behind operations that he gets visitors to his house (read Golden Raj), plus he has his shining name on a board hung by his door - END of Satya's Curiculum Vitae with a note he is uncorruptable (ref. Nasser at his doorstep).

The time line is tracked thru the various facial hair Satya ports - unshaven, thick mustach, trimmed mustach ... you could not have missed the others. Enormous work has been done to perfect the time line through his looks. From Ajith part he does it with his voice.

So how is the title concerned in this short episode - Yennai Arindhal to the villans moment + the realisation of Satya - Power & Strenght he has - he simply is the Ruler now, that even a threat to his empire is the dust in the wind. He realises many other 'self' during the coarse of the movie, which I may cover later.
    To add to that timeline for characters also shown to the perfection like vivek and his team body language & salt pepper look & position and the Isha's timeline with her hair do, Smile and a very tad little maturity.

Wonderful work Gautam kudos

Yes I watched the movie.
    I completely enjoyed the movie but didn't like Voice overs that GVM is so obsessed with.

Will write detailed one after my 2nd watch.
    Rajesh......

Vazhkai enbathae oru anubavam thaane...

11. Likes mappi liked this post
    Junior Member Veteran Hubber paranitharan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by selvakumar View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    another ~100 000 on sunday will take it over 5k. Weather wont be of much help in the next few days but it can definitely touch 7k.

Post Thanks / Like
    oh yeah i heard that the weather spoiled the party