Page 111 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1251

Thread: UlagaNayagan KAMALHAASAN in ||"PAPANASAM"|| Directed by Jeethu Joseph

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vithagan View Post
    PN didn't had a wide release..(lack of promottion or UV effect or whatever..) No of screens/shows during the first weekend is less compared to other "anyone else" films.. first weekend importance pathi ungalukku solla thevai illa.. 2 days delay'la padam flop aagura situtationla the achievement made by PN is huge.. ( 4 weeks complete run in NC, USA which I have not seen in recent past for tamil movies).. hence its a sleeper HIT/Super HIT. Blockbuster statusku it should have a grand opening but unfortunately PN didn't had grand opening even though its a blockbuster material..
    Partially disagree on why you dont see it a blockbuster.

We'll have to first start from what it is for a blockbuster to happen. Is it just the collections ? If so how much ? 100C or 150C or 200C or more ? As I mentioned in one of my posts, by the time bahubali got to break even status, it was already declared a BB. So was 'I'. Makes you wonder if its just collections even if the movie might still make a loss/breakeven.

Is it ROI then ? I've seen BW elevating small budget films or last year to BB status. I forget the name but there're was one on sheer ROI. Costs were about 6C and total earnings were about 20C.

Coming to PN .. Its well known that the movie has now crossed 100C. Probably around 125C till date. We also know that it didnt take much to make that movie. I read early on that it cost about 20C. Even adding Kamal's salary to it, we can see that the ROI factor is magnitudes high!

PN satisfies both of these be it collection or ROI factor. So with all these, isn't it sort of a given what PN should be ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar View Post
    Vithagan,

TN Release was some 400 or 450 + theaters which is not less by any standard. UV released in some 500 i think. Also for chennai, the no of shows per week posted in behindwoods BO report was equal to the other big films. infact i say this since some fans posted other movies and PN reports in same post, for comparison. In overseas, except US which had a bit less no of screens, it was released in numbers which are as same as most of the past films. i dont know how do u say it opened in less no of theaters

Movie crossed 100C much b4 and totally it may end up like some 120 or 130C. I dunno why u say it is not a BB

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    எப்பவுமே, கமல் படம் பெருசா ஜெயிக்குறப்ப மட்டும் இதுமாதிரி கேள்விகள் எல்லாம் வரும்! மத்தவங்க படம்னா, ஒரு சுட்டிய வச்சு முடிவு செஞ்சிட்டு போய்ட்டே இருப்பாங்க! கொடுமை டா சாமீ
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Anban's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Block Buster is not about opening alone .. it is about return on investment .. Papanasam is a definite blockbuster.. people who lack basic common sense cant understand this . hence no use in arguing with them ..
    Top glamorous heroines, top comedian, Oscar winning MD, commercial Director, expensive wig and other big list of commercial items irunthum thaathaa padam flop .. itha vida enna asingam venum ..

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    For 1st time i have seen B & C Theater guys themselves tweeting about a movie BO. They have been saying PN is rocking, from 1st week till now! Some have posted that they have got very good profits and are extending for 5th week also! and hav posted it crossed Kaththi by a HUGE margin! Adn yet our s_cker media dont have heart to agree the truth
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Anban's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    if not for Singaravelan, Lingaa periya BB - nu rajini fans vadai sutturuppaanga .. ippo kooda Lingaa 150 crores collection-nu pachcha poi kathaigal.. distributors themselves told that its a wash out from day 2..
    Top glamorous heroines, top comedian, Oscar winning MD, commercial Director, expensive wig and other big list of commercial items irunthum thaathaa padam flop .. itha vida enna asingam venum ..

Post Thanks / Like
    Avunga meter startingey 100 C aachey. So Anai padam 150 poseebil.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anban View Post
    if not for Singaravelan, Lingaa periya BB - nu rajini fans vadai sutturuppaanga .. ippo kooda Lingaa 150 crores collection-nu pachcha poi kathaigal.. distributors themselves told that its a wash out from day 2..
    ungalukku irukra insecured feelingsa nenacha

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shwas View Post
    Avunga meter startingey 100 C aachey. So Anai padam 150 poseebil.
    ithu king of kollywoodkku than porunthum

Senior Member Senior Hubber vithagan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bill4u View Post
    Partially disagree on why you dont see it a blockbuster.

We'll have to first start from what it is for a blockbuster to happen. Is it just the collections ? If so how much ? 100C or 150C or 200C or more ? As I mentioned in one of my posts, by the time bahubali got to break even status, it was already declared a BB. So was 'I'. Makes you wonder if its just collections even if the movie might still make a loss/breakeven.
    I agree its not just based on collections, but for Baahubali and I with the wide release and houseful shows they might have projected, hence got that status early.

Quote Originally Posted by bill4u View Post
    Coming to PN .. Its well known that the movie has now crossed 100C. Probably around 125C till date. We also know that it didnt take much to make that movie. I read early on that it cost about 20C. Even adding Kamal's salary to it, we can see that the ROI factor is magnitudes high!

PN satisfies both of these be it collection or ROI factor. So with all these, isn't it sort of a given what PN should be ?
    100C or 125C ellam fans dhaan solreenga.. I don't see any news/article. Twitter la irukka tweets vaichu you just claim it collected 100C or 125C whatever. Thatstamil creates news out of twitter, if you have any other reliable source with press release /article stating it collected more than 100C? please share.. summa paid mediannu sappa kattu kattaadheenga.. Since I don't see any reliable reports i'm under the impression PN didn't attained the BB status..

Naan solradhala oru BB padam FLOP aaga poradhilla.. If you think PN is still a BB.. let it be.
    வாழு! வாழ விடு!