View Poll Results: What makes VIJAY 58, an exciting prospect?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • GENRE: Vijay's first Fantasy Entertainer

20 66.67%
  • CAST: Presence of names such as Sridevi, Sudeep and Sruthi Haasan

3 10.00%
  • DIRECTOR: Chimbudevan, an off-beat director on-board

5 16.67%
  • REACH: Vijay's first movie made in more than one language

2 6.67%
Page 11 of 296 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: PULI - Ilayathalapathy VIJAY| Sruthi Haasan | Sudeep | Chimbudevan | DSP |

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    You too like that Roller Goster(??) ride scene? PR's reactions were epic.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

2. Likes CEDYBLUE liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber CEDYBLUE's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    You too like that Roller Goster(??) ride scene? PR's reactions were epic.
    The dialogue he says to Vijay 'Nammaku intha Roller Goster thaan rightu is missing here, but still a laugh riot

In admiration of Mr. Evergreen Young, Mr. Box Office, Mr. Dance, Mr. MASS - | Ilayathalapathy VIJAY |

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rsubras's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CEDYBLUE View Post
    Thanks to Bimmer and Subras for keeping the thread alive with interesting discussions.

Not just you both, I have heard many people pick Vaseegara as their favourite Vijay movie.

To me personally, Vaseegara is not one of my favourites, though

Two things which I think Vijay should have done right for Vaseegara is first, he shouldn't have trimmed his hair, second, he should have trimmed S.A. Rajkumar, out.

The music apart from 'aha enbargal' IMO sounded way too outdated and his background score was equally inept IMHO.

Apart from that, the sequences involving Vijay and Vadivelu, Vijay's Kushi-like encounters with Sneha, the 'Engliss Theriyadha' reactions, his 'collector dream', Pandiyarajan's LOL roller coaster....were all really enjoyable.

All in all, an yet another Vijay movie of those times (Youth, Pudhiya Geethai, Thamizhan, etc) which had the makings of a really good movie, but somehow falling short, one reason or the other.
    boss..don't equate Vaseegara with Pudhiya Geethai, Sachein et.al.........there is a fundamental difference between Vaseegara and these other movies...... in Vaseegara he played a next door guy with likeable qualities (thuru thuru, naughty, lovable son and lovable friend)....he did not even bother about falling at the feet of a small girl, albeit for a comic scene but in those other movies he was portrayed as a adhi medhaavi and worse the supporting characters were dumb or a jackass...... Youth was ok...... but something was missing in it...some peppiness in the screenplay........apart from that the heroine also was not good..... they originally wanted Reema sen in that character but due to some issues this girl came up and Reema came for Bhagavathi...
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

My Blog site - http://rsubras.blogspot.com

Senior Member Veteran Hubber CEDYBLUE's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rsubras View Post
    boss..don't equate Vaseegara with Pudhiya Geethai, Sachein et.al.........there is a fundamental difference between Vaseegara and these other movies...... in Vaseegara he played a next door guy with likeable qualities (thuru thuru, naughty, lovable son and lovable friend)....he did not even bother about falling at the feet of a small girl, albeit for a comic scene but in those other movies he was portrayed as a adhi medhaavi and worse the supporting characters were dumb or a jackass...... Youth was ok...... but something was missing in it...some peppiness in the screenplay........apart from that the heroine also was not good..... they originally wanted Reema sen in that character but due to some issues this girl came up and Reema came for Bhagavathi...
    Not taking that route at all . It was more about his movies on the whole, rather than the characters he played.

Apart from the fact that all those movies released one after the other, no other comparisons intended

Agree with you on how Bhoopathi was the better character he played those days compared to Shiva (Youth), Sarathi (Pudhiya Geethai) or any other character.

But , when Vikram was blasting his way through those times with movies such as Dhill, Gemini and Dhool, we were expecting for some action from Vijay, purely from a fan's perspective. It was an expectation to move out of the 'love' route which began way back in Poove Unakkaga and then sealed through Kadhalukku Mariyadhai and take the 'action' route which seemed the order of those times. Even Maddy came up with Run.

It did eventually happen a little later through Thirumalai and then that industry-defining Ghilli. That's the reason why to me personally, (merits/demerits of the characters aside) all movies between Shajahah-Vaseegara all lacked a punch.
    In admiration of Mr. Evergreen Young, Mr. Box Office, Mr. Dance, Mr. MASS - | Ilayathalapathy VIJAY |

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very good Discussion.
    After reading these romance action comedy and all, feeling little harsh about comments on "Vijay's Versatility"

Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    (thuru thuru, naughty, lovable son and lovable friend)

.. .. easily vassegara gets into my top 5 movies ...I have original CD .

mani mani nu koopdurathu ... vathipetti ketkuradhu .. Andha america pona perusa sandhosam irukkadhu ...Kovil la figure ah sight adikiradhu ..Gayathiri jayaramku route padurathu ... railway station velila sneha kitta ticket sandai mudinja piragu sirikiradhu ... lead scenes to marriage endral song ... lead scene to perazhagi song (rendu kannu patthathu da rendu kannu pathaathuda) ...oru packetr gold flake kings vangitu vara solluradhu .. paiting scene ... poopla theepola song .. interview mudinjitu "adha yean ketkura motha sandhosathukkum speed break" pottutanga scene ... shakeela , lift scenes with nasser .. adada sollitae pogalam ...

Suhasini and climax were mokkais ...Suhasini illaena padam odirunthurukkum ... he was very casual in comedies. adhuthaan ippo yedhirpaakruaen.

9. Likes gane14 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    sambar vadai incident and that spiderman costume vittuteengale..that was a scream......
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

Post Thanks / Like
    Cedy,

Not sure if you know this. Lingu wrote Run keeping Vijay in mind as the hero. But AM Rathnam wanted a hero with a chocolate boy image to do the lead so that its fresh for the audience. Eventually, he was right.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe Autograph too was envisioned with Vijay as the lead
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. But Vijay rejected the film. And I feel he was right too. Cheran was good in that film.

- Bernard Shaw

Page 11 of 296 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast