Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: OK Kanmani: Maniratnam-ARRahman-PC Sreeram

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    'O Kadhal Kanmani' shot in sync sound

After Aayutha Ezhuthu, Mani Ratnam has used the sync sound technology for his upcoming film O Kadhal Kanmani. Sync sound is a technique in which all the real sounds including the actor’s dialogue delivery are recorded while filming itself and hence there is no need for dubbing

Films like Virumandi, Ghajini (Hindi) have also used the sync-sound technique in the past. The problem with sync sound is that the actors should know the language well; interestingly Dulquer Salmaan has impressed Mani Ratnam with his Tamil fluency.

In a recent FM interview, Mani Ratnam said "Dulquer is a fantastic actor, he is energetic and bonus is that he is a Madras Paiyan hence we shot the film with sync sound".

Mani Ratnam also said that Dulquer is way different from his father Mammootty and he got his unique style. "Throughout the entire shooting, the only time Dulquer reminded me of his dad is when he said 'Tara' ".

The maverick director also says he feels lucky for casting Nithya Menen in the film. Mani says "Only few times, on screen heroines look exactly similar to the character you wrote. Personally, I have experienced it only twice or thrice like Shalini did in Alaipayuthey".

Mani Ratnam says Nithya Menon's role in the film is bold and independent, good thing about her is she grasps things easily and brings so much life to the character".

On Alaipayuthey's resemblance with OK Kanmani, Mani Ratnam says "If you call it as Alaipayuthey -2, I won't deny it but the relationship set-up, characterizations and everything will be different".
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    O Kadhal Kanmani' is pure experiment, says Vairamuthu

The press meet, audio release and introduction of the team- O Kadhal Kanmani took place at a five-star hotel in Chennai on April 11. The pressmeet started late by one hour and after the long wait, Mani Ratnam preferred to be tight lipped about the content of the film. It was only lyricist Vairamuthu who added some light as he said: “OK Kanmani will create cultural tremor in the society, but the real question is who is behind this sudden shocking disturbance, is it caused by artists or the society itself?”

Vairamuthu said “People like me could create such cultural tremor through writings but screenplay experts like Mani Ratnam should invest crores of money to create such impact and most importantly his experiments must be financially viable as well”

“Ok Kanmani is a pure experiment. In another fifty years we don’t even know whether there will be an institution called ‘marriage’, globalization wave is causing massive damage to our local society and I hope people would foresee the future through the film” concluded the ace lyricist.

Mani Ratnam who ducked all questions from media said that he should have warned Viaramuthu from talking such things! Dulquer Salmaan looked all excited and he shared his working experience with Mani Ratnam by saying “I was an ordinary student at school but when I got this offer in Ok Kanmani, it was like getting into IIT or IIM”.

“Some dreams will give you a feel that you want to be in that world forever and working with the great legends in Ok Kanmani has given me similar experience. I feel like, I should work with this team forever and when the film gets released, I will be saddest person” said Dulquer.

While addressing the function, Mani Ratnam thanked his entire team for the kind support. “ Vairamuthu has explained everything as I completely forgot to instruct him not to not reveal anything” said Mani Ratnam with his trademark humor sense.

When asked whether OK Kanmani deals about living-together, Mani Ratnam asked the media to wait for the release. On April 17, Studio Green will be releasing OK Kanmani in more than 350 screens in Tamil Nadu
    so rape pathi ellam onnum illai but i feel Mani is taking a big risk..even if OKK turns out to be really good, tamil audience are not matured enough to accept this kinda film..has any bold films done well? Manmadhan?

Senior Member Senior Hubber nickraman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahen View Post
    so rape pathi ellam onnum illai but i feel Mani is taking a big risk..even if OKK turns out to be really good, tamil audience are not matured enough to accept this kinda film..has any bold films done well? Manmadhan?
    New, Thullavatho Illamai
    "aaj ka mera hey, kalka thera hey, side-dish pagoda hey, ye hey life hey"

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Living together,calture shock,experiment innu ennanomo solranga..velanguma?

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The speech of Sugasini madam already becoming talk of town. Only qualified people should write movie reviews not the ones who just got familiar with computer mouse. She says. If movie gets backfired (in the line of previous colossal failures of MR), then we can expect memes for madam.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    That was dire from Suhasini. And for the sake of the people who've put in their best efforts for the movie, I hope the audience understands that the movie and the comments issued by Suhasini are mutually exclusive. Personally I am hopeful that the movie will be good.
    “You never fail until you stop trying.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    i will register my version of what the twist could be in the movie..and see how it fares...

i guess the naane varugiren song has a big part to play in the movie ....it is either the hero or the heroine slipping to some one else due to the situation(read- being high or a sudden rush of lust or both or something similar )

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by A.ANAND; 13th April 2015 at 11:11 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by A.ANAND View Post
    good to see all three having fun..never seen the jovial side of mani saar..

Post Thanks / Like

humble man.. not only love his movies (except kadal) but also his character

Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast