Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Velan's Cuisine Extraordinaire

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mexicomeat View Post
    kulambu recipe without the fish. use vendakkai
    Super Taste ! Added couple of boiled egg and had it with just plain rice + Mango Pickle. Should be great with Idli, got to prepare some Idlis ... Thanks Mexicomeat.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    A typical Friday lunch in Malaysia.....

Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Senior Hubber mexicomeat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    A typical Friday lunch in Malaysia.....
    i am jealous of you nov anne.

once in a blue moon, i have a feast like yours - but at a restaurant. http://www.b-kyu.com/2013/09/indo-la...ven-hills.html

you have the patience to cook this many items every week. wow

@mappi, i suppose you only get the usual butter chicken / vindaloo in restaurants in france?
    இலக்கியத்தில் நான் வண்ண தமிழ் மழலைக்கு பாலூட்டும் தாய்
    சினிமாவில் விட்டெரியும் காசுக்கு வாலாட்டும் நாய்

-Vaali

Post Thanks / Like
    once in a blue moon, i have a feast like yours - but at a restaurant. http://www.b-kyu.com/2013/09/indo-la...ven-hills.html

you have the patience to cook this many items every week. wow
    wow, your food looks so so delicious!

No, I didn't cook that... widely available in most restaurants here.

Like this one I had yesterday!

Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

6. Likes PARAMASHIVAN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    @mappi, i suppose you only get the usual butter chicken / vindaloo in restaurants in france?
    Excuses for a late reply ...

Butter Chicken / Vindaloo are like asking for more in Indian restaurants in France. You only get chicken pieces in a gravy that you can put a name to.

Here restaurants are actually not maintained by our chefs, but in some rare cases, yes. Once I wished to talk to the person who made the Parota. He was from Madurai and was glad that I recognised his dish. Rest are recipes mixed with spices with a overdose of colors and gravy.

Still, they are OK considering having an Indian Food miles away from home. The menu card proposes all most every dish including idlis, dosas, biriyanis, thalis etc. The astonishing part is that in some restaurants, if you ask for Chicken Biriyani, you get a Kuska topped with tandori chicken. They replace the chicken piece with a mutton gravy for Mutton Biriyani.

More than Indian food, Asian (chinese/japanese), Mexican & African food are quite good here.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Senior Member Senior Hubber mexicomeat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    mappi, +1 for talking to the chef.

last month, i was planning to visit an andhra restaurant. i emailed them asking if they can cook something not on the menu.

i was surprised when they cooked ragi mudda (kali in tamil) with gongura goat for me. some people are really passionate about their food. .. and there are some restaurants where i talk to the chef and they ask me what i ordered.. then they would say "order this dish instead because it turned out better than what i expected"..

anyway, back to recipes - tonight wife is making kollu soup and mint thogayal. recipe available if anyone is interested.

mappi / nov anne, updates please
    இலக்கியத்தில் நான் வண்ண தமிழ் மழலைக்கு பாலூட்டும் தாய்
    சினிமாவில் விட்டெரியும் காசுக்கு வாலாட்டும் நாய்

-Vaali

Post Thanks / Like
    Is mint thogayal prepared with tamrind ? I would like to note this recipe, please.

Post Thanks / Like
    mappi / nov anne, updates please
    I have not cooked in a long time... the last time I made dalcha rice about 2 weeks ago...

oh yeah, I am in talks with a restaurateur to perhaps go into a joint venture.

11. Likes mappi liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Super news NOV.

13. Thanks NOV thanked for this post
    Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can any one post some tofu/soya based recipes please ? Like Curry or noodles ? thanks
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast