Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Velan's Cuisine Extraordinaire

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    nov anna I am back. Though wont be that often I am dying to read all the posts in my absence. first i was disappointed that KK 7 was not updated after oct then I found you are continuing in separate thread. Super Super fantastic pictures. Try panni solren. Daughter will be 3 months in 3 days.

2. Likes NOV liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice to see you Sangeetha. Wow, your girl is 3 months? Time flies.
    No, this is NOT an extension of Kugan's fabulous thread... no way can I be any thing like her.

I just want to share my recipes before I leave this world, so that they are not lost forever.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chicken Kuzhambu

You should be, by now, knowing how to prepare the masalas for currys and gravies. Chicken Kuzhambu is fairly easy and quick to make, which goes well with plain rice, idilis, dosas or chapathis.

The cooking method is simple too :

Oil - spalter Star anis, cinamon sticks, curry leaves (cardamon or cloves are optional) - add onions - add tomatoes - add salt - add ginger garlic paste.

Optional - Add vegetables (you can add green peas or chenna dhal, potatoes, beans, carrots etc., just make sure you 3/4 cook them well before. I used only green peas.)

Add meat (you can use very less meat, I just used a piece of chicken wings.)

Add water (1/2 tumbler) and allow the meat to cook, takes not more than 10 minutes.

Add masala - stir well - Add 1 and half tumbler of water - cook covered for 10 minutes in low flame.

Open lid, stir for 5 minutes in low flame. Optional - add Coconut paste or corriandre leaves. Or a boiled Egg.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

6. Likes NOV liked this post
    Senior Member Senior Hubber mexicomeat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    mappi, your recipes are amazing. are u a bachelor or a family man like me who enjoys cooking?
    இலக்கியத்தில் நான் வண்ண தமிழ் மழலைக்கு பாலூட்டும் தாய்
    சினிமாவில் விட்டெரியும் காசுக்கு வாலாட்டும் நாய்

-Vaali

Post Thanks / Like
    Mexicomeat,

I like to cook. All are my Amma's receipe - namba koncham 'maney thaney ponmaney' add pannikivom.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

9. Likes uwitiusoj, NOV liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    coming up next

Penang XL Curry Puff

Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Post Thanks / Like
    Chef,

Antha rendu raitha items please.
    Plus, for the puff, you used a mould and fried it in oil or baked it ?

//
    Nov ji : Avasaram, elathalaiyum avasaram. Wait pannu pa, receipe varum.
    Mapps : Illa, weekend, vetala chumma thaan irrukaporein, athaan Puff seiyalam-nu ketein.
    //

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry Karthik, nEththu gavanikkala....

Post Thanks / Like

Penang Large Curry Puff

Make a soft dough with white flour rubbed with butter and seasoned with salt.
    Set aside to rest.

Slice red onions, green chilly, add salt and vinegar and leave to rest at least 4-6 hours. If you want, add a little red coloring.
    This is the pickle accompaniment.

De-skin sweet potato, cut into small cubes and cook in water, till soft. (Can be substituted with potato).

Dry fry small pieces of cinnamon, star anise and cloves (karuvaapattai, lavungapoo, kraambu)
    Dry grind and keep aside. (I use idi-kallu)

In a pan, add sliced onion, green chilly, chopped ginger (one by one) in some hot oil. Once onion is soft, add cooked sweet potato, ground spices and salt to taste. Give a good stir and set aside to cool.

Divide the dough into large balls and rest for 15 mins.
    Roll out like poori.
    Put filling sparingly on one half of the poori, carefully avoiding the edges.
    Close up the poori and using a fork, seal the edges.
    Deep fry in hot oil, till golden brown.
    Serve warm, with pickled onions above.

14. Thanks uwitiusoj, mappi thanked for this post
    Likes mappi liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Penang (Medium) Puff

Why Medium, as XL seems to be quite big. Followed exactly the recipe, the onion pickle was excellent.

Just an information for those who like to do the dough : I have done many French patisseries, so you can trust me. Here is the measurement for the dough, which will make the Puff crispy and golden.

White flour 150 gms + 100 gm butter + Salt + Water

Also, wet the circumfrence of the spread dough with water, just like how you do while gumming paper, then close it, and make sure it stays closed.

It is must to have it with the onion pickle, thats what makes a huge difference. Thanks Chef.
    Attached Images Attached Images

16. Thanks uwitiusoj thanked for this post
    Likes NOV liked this post
Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast