Page 89 of 90 FirstFirst ... 397987888990 LastLast

Thread: Endrendrum Thalaivar Superstar Rajinikanth - News & Updates

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Parade of the Mice

There lived a Mouse in the gutter under the street upon which the Horse did his parade. People gathered along the pavement to witness the majestic show of the Horse, while the Mouse watched the spectacle by pulling out its head from the gutter grill guard. The Mouse toiled hard to find ways to become like the Horse. Slowly but steadily the Mouse picked a carrier by singing laurels about the Horse. Sooner than the Mouse expected, several mice gathered around the Mouse and cheered along with it. The Mouse knew that it needed a greater push if it has to come out of its hole and become a champion just like the Horse.

Like every year, the leader of the society announced the festive event - a race. And the winner shall be the 'Pride of the Nation'. The Horse was honored every year, as more than its speed, the charisma it carried along extended its respect among the people.

The previous evening, the mice gathered around the Mouse and raised false confidence persuading the Mouse participates in the event that year:

"Just believe in yourself." "Don’t fear to be wrong." "You are brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous." "Doubt Kills. Dream wins." "There is none better than you". "The horse is old and no match for you."

The Mouse went into a deeper thought and with all respect for the Horse, it went to meet him.

"I am not sure if I am thinking or I am confused", confessed the Mouse, "All that I touch turns to stone. Now, my tiny community is biding me against you."

The Horse smiled at the Mouse. "Nothing is on purpose; as a stone can be turned into a beautiful statue", spoke the Horse, "Tomorrow you shall ride on me; well hidden inside my mane; and at the finish line you shall jump to victory."

The Mouse won. The Pride spun the minds of the mice. They raised slogans against the Horse. They shouted in groups stating that the Horse does not have the right to parade anymore and announced that the Mouse owned the famous street.

'From the gutter to the street', the thought of victory engulfed the Mouse that it fell silent as though enjoying the accusations made by the mice at the Horse. The new emotion called Pride completely blinded the past and projected itself as a bright future before the Mouse.

The Horse calmly watched the Mouse. It smiled and slowly walked away.

"They shall be crushed under our hoof that will remind the Head of the Mice his rightful place", growled a stallion.

"They sicken of the calm who know the storm", the Horse advised his followers to let the mice be.

Thus, the Parade of the Mice spread along the street. They were too many in number shouting out crazily. The people were suffocated by the absence of the Horse.

Suddenly a storm attacked with heavy rains, and flood conquered the land. Birds flew away. Large animals crossed the river. The ones who knew to swim swam across. Only the mice were left behind.

None came to aid the mice and the ones who reached the other side safely shouted at the Mouse, "The water only comes up to the knee."

"To you it is an ant, but to me it is a dragon", the Mouse shouted back, "There are great differences between one knee and another. If the water only reaches your knee, it passes a hundred cubits over my head."

The flood ran like a madman swallowing the mice one by one, when the scared group heard a vibrant neigh.

"Listen", the mice heard a compassionate voice, "Jump up and sit on my back. This passage has been entrusted to me; I would take across hundreds of thousands like you", assured the Devine Horse.

Dedicated to all the mice who expressed their freedom of speech fluently.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mappi; 31st December 2018 at 08:29 PM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Ruler of the Shadow

The Warden climbed the steps of corpses. The human faced demon birds circled behind him blowing off the candle lights.

Darkness followed the Warden who gripped a handmade 8-chambered long barrel wheel gun in his hands. Smoke dispersed from the candle wick and joined the lazy smoke dancing around the revolver barrels. The warden reached the top and the demon birds stopped him at the entrance of a huge metal gate on which faces of lost souls were crying in agony. The Guardians of the Gate laughed at the Warden. Evil echoed around the hell hole.

Demon Birds: You are surrounded by our Prince of Darkness, the Ruler of your Shadow. What shall happen to YOU!

The Warden lifted his wheel guns to his sides. He flicked the revolvers outwards to flip open the cylinder. Empty cartridges fell to the ground producing sparks as they kissed the stone floor. He thrusted both the empty guns down faster to his hip towards the bullet case attached to his belt. Once the cylinders were reloaded with sharps, he flipped inwards to lock and load the wheel gun.

The Warden: When Bullets Fly, YOU die!

Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Post Thanks / Like
    To those who brought a knife to a gunfight ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Illamai Thirumbuthae

Travel with Rajini is a kickstarter. The backpack is full and just pulling out a radom item brings the golden days gushing back flooding the present with pleasant memories.

My Simran Miss!

Post Thanks / Like
    Petta பாடல்கள்

Warden Entry

Canteen Idli

Biriyani Dealer

Tea Cancel

Lone Wolf

Lolipop

Kambili Siddhar

Bonus

Bambara kannale Kadal Sangathi Sonnale
    Ribararibarey Ribarey Ribararibarey

Coming Next : Singaram ... Petta Parrak

Last edited by mappi; 11th January 2019 at 08:46 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Petta : A Touch of Excellence

'The arrival of Kaali' is shot similar to the opening sequence from Hateful Eight, just that Quentin Tarantino projects the squence for about 4 minutes, while Karthik turns it off in a blink.

Petta : Angel + Truck + Mist <=> Hateful Eight : Chirst on the Cross + Stagecoach + Snow

From Hateful Eight :

How many doors did Rajini open in the movie Petta ?

I don't have the answer for that at this moment (I am watching a show in a couple of hours, as yesterday I lost the count half way through, thanks to the awesome distractions Karthik has sprinkled throughout the film). 'Opening and closing door' is a symbolic representation of 'transition', which I would be discussing about sometime later. In one of my works, I had designed a Palace floor with doors like a maze. Opening and closing them transforms the interrior as well. The characters walk between phases while entering rooms and towards the end, they rush through the door while been chased by deadly hounds. Its a metaphorical representation of transition while descending into different realms of mind (how a thought opens to close the existing thought and the whole picture changes in accordence with the new thought). In Petta, Kali enters through the bright light behind the door and when he opens the door the bright light appears along with him.

Post Thanks / Like
    Petta - Rajini References
    (Vol.1)

Petta works as an excellent documentary also. The film is loaded with 'Fan's Memories' as a jar of honey, where everything Rajini had brought to Tamil Cinema is captured neatly and spiced up with modernity. There are so many Rajini References throughout the film that allows a trip back and forth in time while watching Rajini simply executing his dymanic style.

I could only compile few matches by including the pictures from the promo videos of Petta. The rest, I will try to collate once the home viewing version of the film is released. There are plenty others, more than the ones present in the below picture. This is just a gimplse to avoid counseling and to show that there are lot more to talk about Petta rather than indulging in character assassination, defamation, negative campaign, slander and above all dirty politics.

Petta - Executioner

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lots of raving reviews about Petta Velan... being Velan myself, I had to watch the movie.

Verdict: It's a typical Mass (masala) movie, made for fans. Don't expect it to take Tamil cinema forward. Lol. No strong story or issues like in Kabali or Kaala.
    Nevertheless, it's 3 hours of fast-paced entertainment with the usual plot of heroism and revenge. But who really cares about stories in a Rajni movie; certainly not the fans.

Even the supporting cast does not matter. It's all about Super Star. And Karthik ensures that the fan's appetite is met totally to their satisfaction.

Petta will be lapped up by the fans and they may want to watch it over and over again. For the rest, Petta is a watchable movie.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

10. Thanks mappi thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello NOV,

Glad that you liked the movie PETTA, and willingly recommended it to others.

The trick is the story. Too early to reveal anything, but there are few master strokes painted in the film. The exposition through the 'Torch Light Fight' and the 'Murder during the Moaning' came out of nowhere. Usually short story writers bring out such tricks, and Karthik has elegantly brought them up in Petta. Also, the strings that he pulls out to thread later are amazing. He weaves a story within a story : example Vijay Sethupathy’s silence is a reflection of what he told Petta by holding Anwar at gunpoint. The story in general sums up the Good, the Bad, the Ugly character biographies. The wonder is in the climax which is highly described as a 'twist', which is neither a closure nor an open ending but a multiple ending as Dennis Lehane's Shutter Island. Singar Singh's expressions should be decoded properly, which will light the fright and especially for him (the character Singaram), the film should be watched again.

Moreover the Tarantinesque moments are so graceful, elevating the scenes when Rajini is performing them. The last scene Rajini holding the gun is from Pulp Fiction. A similar poster was released for Jigardhanda and in Iraivi a huge 'Dirty Harry holding the magnum' poses as a background, while in Petta Rajini whistles 'Ennio Morricone - For A Few Dollars More' Theme. All these beautify, at the same time energize the scenes, diving through which Karthik narrates his story.

Of course, as you have mentioned, there are Rajini Factors too.

Petta – 'He is going to trigger a whole new style'

12. Likes NOV liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Colors of Judgement

(The Siente & the Stranger Series)

Stranger : When I kill it’s a crime. When those in power commit it, its justice. Even the epics that deal with massacre claim that the Great War was orchestered by the Lord himself on those who were against righteousness and He, the Superemo, had cleansed the world with that war, and the millions who died were mere instruments of this divine cleansing. The actions of a Man, a Hero and a God are projected differently eventhough the purpose of their actions is the same. Revenge by man is sin. Slaying by Hero is valliance. Massacre by God is cleansing. This is what we are taught. This is what we are forced to learn.

Siente : Justice is complicated and sometimes neither the Heroes nor the Gods act as infallible moral authorities.

There lived a hunter, very young and so handsome. None can resist his chramingness. He used his gift of beauty to feed his own arrogance. On a routine day hunting, he felt being followed. He hid himself inside a bush and caught his follower who was a pretty young girl; she was no match to his beauty. She had fallen madly in love with him and all she wanted was to hug him and lay her head on his broad chest. The hunter rejected her and pushed her away. Revoked of the simplest pleasure of love, she roamed aimless in the forest. Her despair wilted away just as the sound in the thin air. Her name was Echo.

The arogant act of the Hunter angered the God as Echo was indeed His innocent child. The God tricked the hunter to come to the lake side and made him watch his own reflection. The hunter fell in love with his own reflection. Unable to take his eyes off from the water, he stayed watching himself for days and died out of hunger and thrist by the lake side beside his own reflection.

And the Veethal asked Veekram, "O! Wisest of All. Answer to set yourself free from the burdens of the evil. Choose not to answer, your head will turn from one to thousand pieces. Is Beauty a fault of the hunter; Is Echo's desire a sin; And the act of God, is it just - Who shall stand at the Gate of Guilt, O! Judicious of All!"

Stranger : You cannot withdraw yourself like the Vampire by being tactical. My need is knowledge and not answers to your questions.

Siente : We all play a game. We are conditioned to choose sides. And we stick to our choice not considering the Truth. We start to fonction in a way that whatever happens to our choice happens to ourselves. We are programmed with the fact that the other side is always at fault. This diversity is what makes us feel alive.

Have you ever taken notice of the tiny rope attached to a tiny pole buried to the ground that binds an elephant ? The huge mamal does not pull itself free, but just cradles left to right standing near the tiny stick to which it has been attached to. A slightest pull from the gaint and the rope would tear into pieces. But the elephant stays being attached. The reason is that the elephant shall never try to get free. When the elephant was very young and much smaller, the same sized rope was used to tie it and, at that age, the tiny rope was enough to hold the small elephant. As the elephant grew up, it is conditioned to believe that it cannot break away. It believes that the rope can still hold it, so it never shall try to break free.

Stranger : Aren't we all the same, simply striving for development. Toiling to get what keeps us happy. Answering to all the needs in every which way possible. None can escape this self assgined fate, neither the tail nor the biting mouth.

Siente : The night stays longer than I thought keeping its darkness close to its heart. I need to rest. But before I retire, I shall tell you two stories. Remember, I am just the messenger. I deliver only the message. Decoding it is your task. Wisdom is the only way out, my child. It can save, gain and serve. Use it wisely as all its properties are true. None with thier spit of lie can blind the One who truly posses wisdom.

An aging king was depressed as he had no sucessor. In his final quest in search of a noble queen, he announced that his palace was open to all and those who came, can fetch whatever they want. The people entered the well of treasure and grabbed all oranaments, vessels and jewels made of gold. The King noticed a young woman standing in the corner. She was quite noticeable as she was the only one not moving. The King approached her and enquired why she as not plundering the palace. "Why hold on to the branch, sire, when I can reach the root ?", she replied. The king was so pleased with her and married her. The same evening he died and she became the ruler of the kingdom. She passed her first order and the ministers sent soldiers to every house and brought back all the wealth that was taken away from the palace. Her wisdom gained her both power and richess overnight.

A King believed in astrology and was very much interested to know his future. He invited the astrologers from around the world, fed them nicely and would ask them to predict his future. He rewarded them with diamonds and pearls when they spoke high about his horoscope. As soon as they predicted the misfortune, the king severed their head. The news about the King slaying the astrologers for speaking the truth reached the ears of a noble saint. He walked into the king's palace and started telling the king about his fortune and how blessed the people were. The king adored the way the saint presented to him his past and future. As the saint started to speak about the misfortune, the king, out of fear of severing his head, warned the saint by asking him, "Noblest Saint, have you ever predicted your own death". "Yes, O! King, who rules the land. My death shall take place an hour before your death", replied the saint promptly. Wisdom not only saved the saint but also gained him the strenght make the king accept the truth.

Stranger : Truth has no side. Justice does not take sides. But judgement, yes. Outward judgement often fails, inward judgement never. An individual's conscience and his judgment is the same thing; and as the judgement, so also the conscience, may be erroneous. Materialistic gains, without fairness, coats venom on the tongue that primarily poisons the individualistic values. But none with thier spit of lie can blind the One who truly possess wisdom.

Page 89 of 90 FirstFirst ... 397987888990 LastLast