Page 45 of 90 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: Thala Ajith's 56th Film-Vedhalam-Veeram Siva-AMRathnam - Anirudh - Winning combo

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Siv.S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Ajith’s 'Vedalam' releases this Tuesday. The film’s director ‘Siruthai’ Siva assures vishal menon that it going to be a ‘Thala’ Deepavali

Do you feel Ajith’s image has changed after Gautham Menon’s Yennai Arindhaal. Did you make any changes to accommodate this new image?

Not really. He has done sophisticated roles even earlier, so I didn’t have to make any changes to his character in Vedalam. I can argue that I’ve gone in the opposite direction with his character, who is a ‘thara local’. In Veeram he played a villager…but in Vedalam he belongs to North Chennai. His dialogues in that dialect are a highlight.

When you make mass entertainers with stars like Ajith, do you need to be a fan of the actor? Because the film needs to cater to his extensive fan base.

Yes it helps if you’re a fan as you have an idea of how you want to see your star appear on screen. I have become a fan of Ajith. Even if you’re not a fan, you’ll become one once you interact with him.

Personally, I was always a fan of the superstars and have grown up idolising MGR and Rajni. I love the cinema they represent.

But there’s a perception that commercial cinema is a lesser art…

I believe there are two kinds of films—films that you make for yourself and those that you make for everyone. I prefer to make the latter. I want the audience to forget their sorrows. They must leave happy and satisfied. Given a choice I will continue making commercial films all my life.

Vedhalam brings together Ajith and Anirudh. What does Anirudh bring to the table?

Anirudh is a ‘pakka thala veriyan’. Even when I was narrating the script to him, he was listening to it like a crazy fan would. He promised his best and he has delivered.

You made a move from Telugu films to Tamil despite a successful career there. What prompted the shift?

I started off as a cinematographer and then became a director in Telugu. But I feel happiest when I write dialogues in my mother tongue which is Tamil. I guess I’m basically a writer.

When you sit down to write how much do you think about reactions on social media?

See, you cannot satisfy everyone. However great your film is, there will still be a set of people who dislike it, who want to criticise it. As a director all you can do is to make it with a certain amount on conviction. It hurts less when you’re being criticised then.

Do you like your prefix Siruthai? Were you surprised when it stuck?

(Laughs) I don’t know how the name stuck but it has and I don’t want to change it now. Siruthai established me as a good commercial filmmaker and I’m proud of it.
    http://m.thehindu.com/features/cinem...cle7855773.ece

Senior Member Diamond Hubber joe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Siv.S View Post
    Don't know what was the reason, but it's releasing only in Rex cinemas...
    It seems Rex cinemas shifted the place , so online booking also not there .
    otherwise ..i can't see vedalam in Golden Village and Cathay chains , where Thoongavam releasing in 7 screens
    பாசமலருக்கு அழாதவன் மனுஷனாடே ! - சுயம்புலிங்கம்

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Am not able to see any theatres in NJ for both the movies...Hopefullysome updates by tomorrow...

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Siva- Ungalukku info therinja sollunga...Am taking off on Diwali to watch movie...

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BalajiKannan View Post
    Am not able to see any theatres in NJ for both the movies...Hopefullysome updates by tomorrow...
    Check this site out..

http://www.pragathi.com/movies/Tamil...ets-schedules/
    This is a very big world!

Post Thanks / Like
    Q
    Quote Originally Posted by joe View Post
    It seems Rex cinemas shifted the place , so online booking also not there .
    otherwise ..i can't see vedalam in Golden Village and Cathay chains , where Thoongavam releasing in 7 screens
    It's listed in Rex cinemas.. http://www.rexcinemas.com.sg/

Member Devoted Hubber ALWAR_AJITH's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Siv.S View Post
    Vedalam in Malaysia 101 screens!!

Its a new record release bro... thala fan base growing after every movie here but sad 18sg will a drawback for family crowd... even thungavanam also 18sg rite
    Live and let Live...

Junior Member Veteran Hubber paranitharan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thala range verai ippo. Ethi ethu fort illayo, athellam fort aaguthu. UK da, Kerala da kuuda ippo namma kaikku vanthitrukku

11. Likes rachel liked this post
    Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Advanced booking collection figures have started to float around. From opposite camp, they started to claim its flop. I do respect Kamal movies and I hope both become profitable.
    Last edited by cujoo; 9th November 2015 at 02:44 AM.
    Tribute to Hero’s who gave their lives so that their brothers and sisters, wherever they may live - yes, wherever they may live - may live with dignity and in freedom. *November 27th Remembrance day *

Page 45 of 90 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast