Page 28 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Thread: Thala Ajith's 56th Film-Vedhalam-Veeram Siva-AMRathnam - Anirudh - Winning combo

Post Thanks / Like
    "You can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Music from Oct 16th. Vaazhthukal Ajith rasikarkal..!!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Siv.S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Siv.S View Post
    Nice Nice
    Tribute to Hero’s who gave their lives so that their brothers and sisters, wherever they may live - yes, wherever they may live - may live with dignity and in freedom. *November 27th Remembrance day *

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Liked thala's energy in the song. Can someone talk him out of this crazy idea of appearing without coloring his hair?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ponnu Vellai tholah? illai Karuppu tholah?
    RE: Aennn.. Puli tholu..

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rachel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    IS CURRENT AJITH KUMAR THE 90s RAJINIKANTH!!??

Posted on October 15, 2015 by Abdul Rahman S

If you analyze the growth of two legends of Kollywood, Kamal Hassan and Rajinikanth quite deeply, you will find until the end of 1980s, both Kamal Hassan and Rajinikanth were almost equal box-office wise. And both had equal fan base. It was from the start of 1990s Rajinikanth capitalized his box-office hold to a next level with the back to back blockbusters like Thalapathy, Annamalai, Veera, Baadsha, Mutthu, Arunachalam and Padayappa, even though Kamal Hassan too was giving blockbusters like Devar Magan, Singara velan, Indian, Avvai Shanmugi and Thenali. The fan base of Kamal Hassan remained the same while that of Rajinikanth doubled or even tripled during the decade of 90s.

Twenty years later, in the current decade, I see a same pattern occurring again Kollywood between two huge stars, Ajith Kumar and Joseph Vijay. During the years 2001 to 2010, both the stars had great rises and great falls. It was a decade in which both succeeded and both failed equally with Vijay being a little more bankable star than Ajith. But once the current decade started, that is from 2011, things started to change. With the release of Mankatha in 2011, Ajith launched himself into a bigger league and his fan base is on the rise ever since that film’s release. That too in a really great speed similar to that of Rajini’s fan base rise in the 90s. He had used the path created by Mankatha very wisely by following it with hits in Arrambam, Veeram and Yennai Arindhaal despite a Billa 2 failure. Moreover in the form of directors Venkat Prabhu, Vishnu Vardhan and Siva, Ajith has probably found his super directors same like Rajini did in the 90s in the form of Mani Ratnam, Suresh Krishna and K.S.Ravi Kumar.

Now suddenly, the family audience are showing more interest in Ajith’s movies and more young girls are starting to like him which was a rare occurrence in the previous decade. Might be people are starting to like his honesty in his screen appearance, playing his age with a natural salt and pepper look as well as his honest personal qualities like not using his fans for his personal benefits, not encouraging any fake publicity for his films, helping others without anyone knowing, not attending any commercial functions and speaking his heart boldly. The honest and unanimous positive opinions about him coming from other celebrities and fans had made general people look at him in a positive way. It must be noted that these same good qualities of him were once responsible for giving an impression of him being rude and a head weighted person. After all the truth comes to light some day. To me, there are two important occurrences that had good effect on general people’s perception of Ajith Kumar. Firstly it was his open talk in a political function complaining about the arm twisting that was going on for making actors attend political function in front of the then chief minister and secondly the disbanding of his fan clubs which needs immense guts to do.

This rise of Ajith’s fan base is a huge phenomenon because this is happening not during the absence or in a failure phase of the other star Vijay but this is happening despite Vijay too giving some decent hits from 2011 same like Kamal Hassan was giving hits in the 1990s. All said, my theory of ‘What happened to Rajini in 1990s is currently happening to Ajith in this decade’ might go entirely wrong if the result of Vedalam goes wrong. But seeing the teasers that recently released and the low profile that the director and producer had maintained till the release of that terrifyingly awesome teaser, I am pretty confident that Team Vedalam is not an empty vessel and I am sure of a positive result for Vedalam. After all, only empty vessels make much noises stating that they did this and that in order to draw audience.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rachel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    songs tomorrow -

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by selvakumar View Post
    Liked thala's energy in the song. Can someone talk him out of this crazy idea of appearing without coloring his hair?

I saw papers adds posters with black hair. But I like this getup though
    Tribute to Hero’s who gave their lives so that their brothers and sisters, wherever they may live - yes, wherever they may live - may live with dignity and in freedom. *November 27th Remembrance day *

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by selvakumar View Post

+1 . Dude I'm just tired of this sh!t hair do that he has been carrying. Mankatha was a hit, but that doesn't mean he has to carry the looks regardless of what the character requires

He could have easily done away with his looks for Veeram and it would have been perfect. But it's beyond anyone's imagination as to why he wants to carry his look (mostly salt and no pepper)
    Last edited by Freedom; 15th October 2015 at 11:22 PM.
    Ajde Nole!

Junior Member Regular Hubber George Thomas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Theme didn't come out well..uyir nadhi is so soulful, aalumo doluma and veera ganapathi are my pick from the album.. best thing about the album is, there is no duet song .
    Last edited by George Thomas; 16th October 2015 at 09:02 AM.

Page 28 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast