Page 77 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast

Thread: Thala Ajith's 56th Film-Vedhalam-Veeram Siva-AMRathnam - Anirudh - Winning combo

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Siv.S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajithfederer View Post
    Bit of a very late entry into the party here. Had very low expectations for the film and was completely pleasantly surprised. Liked the movie and enjoyed the movie more than the recent Yennai Arindhaal but it is not a better film than YA. No rocket science there.

What worked (Lot of things) vs what didn't work very few.

The 1st half was a breeze. Comedy clicked (The whole white skin + baby face + innocent smile though very racist but was quite funny) better than Veeram for me/. Hell,i didnt think even sruthi could pull off some comedy.
    Too many maaaassssss scenes and they all did tastefully. This will be a rip roaring hit among his masses.
    The transformation scene,i expected it as i have seen similar stuff in Vaali and Villain. Keeps getting better. Must say he looked like a big bull in that fight.
    Not many songs, duets especially. Siva has learnt from his mistakes in Veeram.
    Aaluma doluma song. Too good. When i first heard anirudhs voice in it i mistook it as a call for prayer from your nearby darga... But in the movie looked very good.
    Even sentiment scenes weren't overdone.
    Avoiding louu - romance scenes between AJ/Sruthi and keeping it discreet.

What didnt work:
    Dummy villains
    Ajith bashing everyone in the pre interval fite. And in general being on top of everyone. This is where YA did it better.
    Anirudh BGM except in 1 or 2 scenes in the 1st half could have been much better.

This is the first time i saw an ajith film with a lot of female audience and they all seemed to enjoy the film. Good family audience as well and they all laughed at the right places. Will watch it again or 2 more times.
    Welcome back Anirudh's BGM in the action scenes were too noisy..but he nailed it for Thala and laxmi menon scenes together.. especially the music when Thala looking at the mirror when Ashwin and his parents waiting for his answer was so beautiful

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber sakthii's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    khushbusundar ‏@khushsundar 16h16 hours ago
    Thala..unakku mattum yengirundhu varudhu indha kootam? #VEDHALAM..biggest blockbuster..
    2,268 retweets 2,524 likes
    Reply Retweet 2.3K
    Like 2.5K
    More
    khushbusundar ‏@khushsundar 16h16 hours ago
    Thala..nee sema style..kettavan aana lovable..
    1,581 retweets 1,904 likes
    Reply Retweet 1.6K
    Like 1.9K
    More
    khushbusundar ‏@khushsundar
    And 2nd half yet to start..yen Thala indha therikku vidura mass???��������

Thala. ...Thala. ..Thala. ..Thala. ..Thala. ..Thala. ..Thala. ..Thala. ...Thala. .Thala. ..Thala. ..Thala. .Thala. ..Thala. ..THERI MASS������

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vedalam portions..ajith comedy worked...he balanced sentiment scenes in that portion..but ganesh coming as vedalam bcam loud..is it because both were directed after period of time..siva messed up that part...same in siruthai..he likes loud volume

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Siv.S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sakthii View Post
    Thala..unakku mattum yengirundhu varudhu indha kootam? #VEDHALAM..biggest blockbuster..

Thala..nee sema style..kettavan aana lovable..

And 2nd half yet to start..yen Thala indha therikku vidura mass???

Thala. ...Thala. ..Thala. ..Thala. ..Thala. ..Thala. ..Thala. ..Thala. ...Thala. .Thala. ..Thala. ..Thala. .Thala. ..Thala. ..THERI MASS
    she seems very excited..

Senior Member Regular Hubber sakthii's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    done!!
    Last edited by sakthii; 16th November 2015 at 11:55 AM.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber cm123's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok movie. Second half too loud. My telugu friend liked it more. The whole theri... fight was cut in Singapore.
    BAASHA template is used effectively. They underplayed it and got success. Thinking red, anjaneya kind of movies can be fit for Ajith at this stage not earlier.

Senior Member Regular Hubber rifath's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes but I heard they will be playing the nc16 version with fight soon!

Member Devoted Hubber ALWAR_AJITH's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Finally watch it ... what a mass movie.. wow thala after thalaivar he set screen on fire.. theri response frm audience even 6pm show.. even they cut lot of scenes here still the movie is theri.. haters keep barking we want more!
    Live and let Live...

Junior Member Regular Hubber George Thomas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rains would affect the collections a lot..

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yesteryear sensation Khushbu Sundar has expressed her admiration and liking for Thala Ajith quite a few times before in interviews and in her social media interactions. Yesterday, Nov 14, after seeing Vedalam she couldn't control her excitement and put out a series of tweets lauding Ajith and his performance in the film.

"Thala, nee sema style, kettavan aana lovable.. Thala, unakku mattum yengirundhu varudhu indha kootam? #VEDHALAM, biggest blockbuster.. Super entertaining film #VEDHALAM..Thala and Lakshmi Menon, director Siva has done a gr8 job.. Can't wait to watch it again..Thala, my George Clooney, pattaye kelappunga, namma THALAkku whistle podunga."

That's quite a fan-girl moment for Khushbu.
    This is a very big world!

Page 77 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast