Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 24 - Suriya, Samantha, Nitya Menon ~ AR Rahman

Junior Member Senior Hubber Mr.GreyShirt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now I want to see an intelligent movie about time that talks about the concept and many possibilities about time travelling.
    It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.
    - Robert H. Goddard

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.GreyShirt View Post
    I understand and agree with everything you are saying. My problem is not with how the director used time to tell his story, my problem is with me. I went into the movie thinking it would be more than just that. It is my own fault for over analyzing the trailer and thinking of all the possibilities that could have happened which left me disappointed.

If I think it as just a thriller than yea it is a good movie but it is not anything special like some people claim it to be. There were many issues with movie involving time and science that kept me from enjoying the movie as I should have.

i kinda can relate to your anticipation ...
    its like how nolan used the science facts like time dilation in interstellar or even in inception the concepts of kick and totem giving a sense/perception of a science fact.
    in 24 its a given - they dont dwell much on how the watch works or even how mani was able to add the additional feature ...the movie focuses on the the incidents based on the set premise ..which i felt is marvelously knit

provided (being a science fanatic) i think , not considering the temporal paradox ( a past event affecting a future event cannot be altered ) time freeze is a brilliant idea not even explored in the hollywood studios
    Last edited by Nasc; 9th May 2016 at 10:05 PM.

Senior Member Senior Hubber vithagan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tamil Star Suriya Makes A Winning Triple Play In Time Travel Thriller '24'

Suriya as the mad scientist in ’24′ (Photo credit Eros International)

Shah Rukh Khan won plaudits for playing a superstar and his much younger look-alike admirer in Fan, but Tamil star Suriya arguably had a much tougher assignment in his new film 24.
    Suriya plays three characters that are literally worlds apart in writer-director Vikram Kumar’s time-traveling romantic thriller, which opened impressively in South India, the U.S., the U.A.E. and Australia last weekend.
    Released by Eros International and produced by Suriya’s fledgling production company 2D Entertainment, the film collected an estimated 50 crore ($7.5 million) in its first three days in India, $1 million in three days on 161 screens in the U.S., $200,000 on 36 in the U.A.E. and A$187, 000 ($138,000) on just 17 in Australia, where it ranked at No. 9 behind the fourth weekend of Hollywood comedy The Boss.
    The film opens with Sethuraman (Suriya), a famed scientist whose acclaimed invention, a watch, enables the wearer to travel in time. His evil twin brother Aathreya (Suriya) wants the watch at all costs, even if it means killing his brother and his family, but Sethuraman manages to save the watch and his son by sacrificing his own life.
    Fast forward 26 years later and Aathreya awakes from a coma and tracks down the new owner of the watch, Sethuraman’s son Manikandan (Suriya, again), a watchmaker. Aathreya hatches a conniving plan to get the watch and go back into the past to rewrite his destiny. Samantha Ruth Prabhu plays Mani’s love interest Sathya, with Saranya as Mani’s mother and Nithya Menen as Pritha, Sethuraman’s wife.
    Suriya has played dual characters before but this is his first triple play. In A.R. Murugadoss’s 7 Aum Arivu he was Bodhidharma, a master of martial arts and medical remedies, and a contemporary reincarnation who is called on to try to prevent a Chinese government-planned biological war against India. In K. V. Anand’sMaattraan he portrayed conjoined twins who eventually are separated through surgery which kills one twin.

Suriya as Mani in ’24′ (Photo Eros International)

Critics in India and the U.S. found him utterly convincing in 24 and lauded the screenplay, special effects, AR Rahman’s musical numbers and the cinematography.
    DNA India’s Latha Srinivasan sparked to a visually stunning film with a novel concept, observing, “Suriya has performed each of the roles with such brilliance that you just can’t fault anything about them.”
    And in the U.S., Twitch’s J Hurtado enthused, “24 is a breathless, inventive, romantic, action packed adventure that is packed to the gills with surprises and joy.”

http://www.forbes.com/sites/dongrove.../#62f831876a49

வாழு! வாழ விடு!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Suriya's '24' joins $1 mn club in North America

Suriya's latest Tamil-Telugu sci-fi thriller "24" happens is his first film to join the $1 million club in North America.
    According to the film's North America distributor Cinegalaxy Inc, the film achieved the mark on Sunday.
    Directed by Vikram Kumar, the time-travel thriller also stars Samantha Ruth Prabhu and Nithya Menen.
    Suriya plays triple roles and his performance as the antagonist was appreciated by critics and audiences alike.
    For Cinegalaxy Inc, "24" is the second Tamil film in a row to make it to the $1 million club, post Vijay-starrer "Theri".
    Dane Dane Pe Likha Hai Khane Wale Ka Naam

Post Thanks / Like
    watched the movie. Terrific it was. Kids enjoyed the first half comedy with time freeze and time reverse tricks that Surya plays.

Only unwanted portion was the 7 minutes of unwanted romance in 2nd half which acts as speed breaker. But Rahman compensates it with 'Naan un' song.

Beautiful visuals, superb songs and fantastic story line and intelligent movie making makes this movie to tick on all fronts. Director has used a lots of creativity and has connected the dots very well.

Solid Movie overall. Want to watch it one more time when the movie hits DVD or tentkotta.
    Ajde Nole!

7. Likes mappi liked this post
    Senior Member Senior Hubber vithagan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by balaajee View Post
    For Cinegalaxy Inc, "24" is the second Tamil film in a row to make it to the $1 million club, post Vijay-starrer "Theri".
    Looks like CineGalaxy strikes gold.. next release is Kabali.. !!
    வாழு! வாழ விடு!

Post Thanks / Like
    BTW there was enormous crowd to catch a glimpse of Surya here at Fremont Cinemark theaters during 24 premier. The guy looks amazing for his age.
    Ajde Nole!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    24- pretty decent..a good screenplay that kept me interested throughout the movie..surya was ok..nothing so great abt athreya I felt..and repeated dialogues of 'im a watch mechanic.. was kind of annoying..and I didn't find the movie 'intelligent' as stated in many reviews..I think Indru netru nalai was more 'intelligent'
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila

Senior Member Senior Hubber mareen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am not getting why everyone is super analysing this movie. Some of you guys here have analysed more than the director it seems. The fact here is that it lacks logic and does not have outstanding dialouge scripts which makes it a dissappointing affair. That watch mechanic dialouge, running to chetpak, imaginoromanceophilla were so annoying

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Supports VJ's new beginning

Oru Nal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEZLrR9jfUc

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mareen View Post
    I am not getting why everyone is super analysing this movie. Some of you guys here have analysed more than the director it seems. The fact here is that it lacks logic and does not have outstanding dialouge scripts which makes it a dissappointing affair. That watch mechanic dialouge, running to chetpak, imaginoromanceophilla were so annoying

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Chepauk scene was will received in theater.
    Dane Dane Pe Likha Hai Khane Wale Ka Naam

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast