Page 103 of 150 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1493

Thread: Nadigar Thilagam Sivaji Ganesan

Hybrid View

Moderator Diamond Hubber Thirumaran's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Joe,
    I was going through my posts several times. But still i could not get where i made comparisions between NY and other mediocores(Bhakyaraj, TR, etc). In my post for any lines i did not mean like the way you thought. Could you please explain, where did i mention like that directly or indirectly.

Tacinema,
    It was not me who brought the topic, NT as a politician. You also please check and let me know where i compared NT with TR, bhakya, etc.. Also i dont understand what is the point in comparing the roles MGR and Shivaji did in their cine careers regarding this.

Joe and tacinema,
    I said my opinion that Shivaji lack leadership qualities. I thought of putting my views on this and why Shivaji could not succeed in politics, some other time. But here after i wont do that. For you guys people should keep on talking only good things abt NT. No one should give Negative comments on Shivaji and Shivaji's acting. You could not tolerate that.
    For satisfying all die hard Shivaji fans, I am accepting the statement from SP that, Shivaji is too good a person to fit for politics.
    I am taking off from this thread. If i could post positive things about Shivaji, i will definetly post.

Thanks,

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber joe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirumaran
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakthiprabha
    I had some known ppl who told me,

"shivaji was too plain and frank at heart and NUANCES, TRICKERY etc which is very much needed in politics was lacking in him. He was too true a man to be into politics"
    This is just a common statement made by many under certain circumstances like.
    1. If they dont want enter into politics.
    2. In favour of their favourites who could not succeed in politics.

That statement is just to favor their favourites.

Thirumaran,
    These above generalised statements made me to explain..Here you are putting NT with all actors who were not succesful.

Anyway,I didn't took you wrong..I just took this as a oprtunity to explain the difference..Pls no hard feelings.
    பாசமலருக்கு அழாதவன் மனுஷனாடே ! - சுயம்புலிங்கம்

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joe
    Thirumaran,
    These above generalised statements made me to explain..Here you are putting NT with all actors who were not succesful.

Anyway,I didn't took you wrong..I just took this as a oprtunity to explain the difference..Pls no hard feelings.
    Joe,
    That was just a general statement on comments people give. You can see many, who does not show any interest in even reading political informartions. They will say a reason that they are too good even to understand politics. I dont favor that argument.

SP, being a great fan NT, in order to favour him made that statement which was not acceptable to me. Several others including me, sometimes will say certain things like this just in support of the persons we like.
    However i was not thinking abt anyone else when i made that comments. just a common opinion.
    I even went further explaining my comment saying, that a Too Good person like Kamaraj already succeeded in politics infavour of my comments and the view of SP was not right.

Anyhow,
    No problem Joe. Though i was a bit disturbed before, it is gone now.
    I wont do blunders like comparing a Sun with Tubelights.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thirumaran,
    Thanks for your clarification..I too agreed great people like kamaraj suceed..and I discused that too.

Once again sorry if I hurt your feelings.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is Nadigar Thilagam Marginalised? - Memorial issue blowing up

Village deities will get festivities once in a year. People will throng to the temple for 10 days. Cobwebs will be swept away. Renovations will take place. For 10 days the temple will be the happening place.

From the 11th day, the temple will be left alone. Cobwebs will once again find refuge here. In sun and rain, the village deity will be all alone. No one to care for.

Have the Tamils forgotten Nadigar Thilakam like the village deities? Particularly the Nadigar Sangam? Nadigar Sangam is once again in the eye of the storm when Pondichery government installed Sivaji's statute. "It is years since the Nadigar Sangam President Vijayakanth promised to build Sivaji's memorial. But no effort has been taken in that direction up to now," complains Sivaji fans with anger.

As the elections are approaching a political party is taking up the issue of Sivaji's memorial and criticizing Vijayakanth. Sivaji's elder son Ram Kumar has claimed that even without the financial help of Nadigar Sangam, the Memorial can be built.

What is the problem in building the Memorial for Sivaji. Who are the people creating the problem? When will it be done?

On behalf of the Nadigar Sangam a proposal was given to the Government requesting allocation of land for Sivaji's Memorial some months after his demise on July 21 2001. The Government accepted this proposal and announced the allocation of land of 0.65 acre in September 2002. The land lies opposite Sathya Studios.

After the allocation of land, the fans were hopeful that efforts will begin soon. But the Memorial work was lying untouched. Arguments followed?discussions took place.

It was reported that the land was lying on the way leading to the residences of Judges and Ministers. When this issue was raised in the Assembly, it was demanded that Nadigar Sangam should bear the cost of laying a diversion. Nadigar Sangam had also made the payment. The road issue was also resolved.

The work of building the Memorial was taken up. On May 22 last year, the land was consecrated on behalf of Nadigar Sangam. Speaking on that occasion Vijayakanth claimed that the Memorial work would be taken on hand and that it will be completed in four months.

This announcement is now years old. But not even one brick is in place at the Memorial. Why is this delay?

Sivaji fans openly accuse that Vijayakanth is a fan of M.G.R. and that he never liked Sivaji. That is the reason behind delaying the Memorial project.

When Vijayakanth assumed office, he was very involved in the Nadigar Sangam activities, which is not the case now. Since starting the political party his focus has turned to politics. He is not participating in discussions on important issues in the Sangam.

Though all the above may be true, Vijayakanth alone cannot be blamed for the delay in building the Sivaji Memorial. If only all the members of Nadigar Sangam were eager to build the Memorial, the likes and dislikes of the President of Nadigar Sangam is of no consequence. By now the Memorial would be standing.

The first reason was is that the dedication was missing among those who had love and respect for Sivaji in turning them into concrete action. The second reason, of course, is money. The fund required for that is yet to be collected by the Sangam. Even for that, there seems to be a solution. In this context, it is important to take notice of the interview given by Sivanji's elder son Ram Kumar.

"There are thousands of my father's fans all over the world who are waiting to donate funds to raise the Memorial. We are prepared to donate Rs.1 crore from our family for this project."

Raising the fund alone will not start the project. Because the complete plan for the Memorial is not in place. Many think that it was enough to build a memorial with a marble arch like those of Anna and M.G.R. memorials. But Sivaji family thinks that more than an arch, it was important that the Memorial should have more facilities for visitors.

Ram Kumar says "it should be thought of as a museum with a library, Sivaji photo gallery, space for display of memorabilia, awards and trophies."

He also says that both Rajini and Kamal have different take on how the Memorial should be.

Now that the Pondichery Government had established a statue for Sivaji, it has revived discussions on the Memorial project that was almost dumped sometime ago. A group is trying to take advantage by terming this as the failure of Vijayakanth.

But it is an insult to the great institution called Sivaji who served art until his last breath. Nadigar Thilagam has been treated like the village deities only to be remembered on the days of his birth and death. Every body is hoping that there will soon be a resolution to this issue.

Author - JBR..
    Source - Cinesouth.

Not sure whether this was already posted. The article dated 22nd Feb 2006.

Moderator Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was very nice and interesting to read so many different views on NT and his brand of politics. I think Joe had given a lucid description of things that happened early in NT’s political life, the circumstances that led to his ouster from DMK, his subsequent innings in Congress and the events that led to the formation of TMM etc. Let me put up some small corrections here and there and add what I all I know about his political career. Before entering let me get your permission to travel back in history to trace the political career of NT, which itself can be divided into 4 phases.
    1. Period from 1954-1967
    2. Period from 1967-1975
    3. Period from 1975-1988
    4. Period from 1988- 1993.

It will be lengthy and so I will divide my posts also. Sorry if somebody finds it boring.

I think the early periods say 1955- 1961, there was not much of political activity for NT. Only after this period, did NT involve himself actively in politics. Also TN was enjoying the golden period of Perunthalaivar’s rule during that time (1954-63). During that decade there were many things that were taking shape in TN, which were to play a major part in the destiny of TN in the later stage. DMK was formed in 1949 and started with its first gimmick that it will not contest elections. The General Elections of 1952 threw up a fractured verdict (for the first and last time till now). The State was then called the Madras Rajadhani, as it comprised of parts of Kerala, Karnataka & Andhra. The then Governor asked Rajaji to take up the CM’s post and form a coalition Govt.This was mainly done to prevent Communists from seizing power as they were considered anathema to Congress. Rajaji who was there as CM for 2 years had to make way for some one else because of Kula Kalvi Thittam, which he introduced. He advocated vocational training for students in addition to normal education. Though this was done to help find some occupation, it was branded as pro-Brahmin & anti – other castes. At this stage Congress had to choose another person to head the ministry. There were 2 contestants. One was Perunthalaivar and the other was C.Subramaniam. Rajaji pledged his support for CS, but ultimately PT won. The Gentleman he was, he took CS in his cabinet. PT who was not a member of assembly or council (MLC) contested a by-election from Kudiyatham and won. It was around this time that trouble started for NT in DMK. He had gone to Tirupathi and there were war cries in DMK about this. (Thirupathi Ganesa! Thirumbi Paar). It was widely known that MuKa was behind this and MGR was slowly being brought to the forefront. Unfortunately Kannadasan also joined this bandwagon and in his journal (I think it was Thendral) he published a still from Tenali Raman, which showed NT neck deep in sand about to be trampled by an elephant standing with his leg up. On seeing this NT got wild and when they met in the studio, NT & KD almost came to blows. NT quit the DMK and went over to Congress. But after this there was a lull.

In 1957, DMK decided to contest election and in their first encounter they won 15 seats, with Annadurai, MuKa & Nedu all won. MGR now firmly in DMK, released Nadodi Mannan in 1958 and the MGR pictures emblem itself showed two people with the DMK flag (the flag was subsequently changed to ADMK flag in U.S.V & later also in NM & AP, the three movies that were produced under MGR pictures banner). See this was the period that MGR consolidated and grew along with DMK and whoever became the fan of MGR also became attracted towards DMK and vice-versa. Whereas in the same period NT was concentrating only in cinema and he was having a purple patch. The Pa series, VPK, Uthama Puthiran all were happening at that time and so the fan base of NT was growing leaps and bounds, but unlike MGRs’, NTs’ fans were not politicized. That angle was not there. But NT a true nationalist to the core was taking up the roles of V.O.C etc to show where his heart belonged. Again 1962 elections came and still Congress won the elections comfortably, though DMK was able to increase its strength to 50. But Annadurai lost the election from Kanchi and this election also saw the first actor ever to become a MLA, when SSR was elected from Theni. MGR canvassed in this election for DMK and I think NT did for Congress, though I am not sure. NT’s active participation started after 1962 China war. The Government and the Congress party were caught napping when China invaded us. There were widespread protests and the film fraternity also contributed handsomely to the fund collection. Not satisfied with just stage shows and plays NT started Rathaa Thilagam and see, the banner itself was National Pictures. As you know RT had a story line based on the Chinese aggression and KD by this time had come out of DMK along with EVK Sampath (F/O EVKS Elangovan) and had floated Tamil Desiya Katchi that later merged with Congress. In the Pani Padarantha Malayin mele song the last stanza would say that there is a strong leader and there is no need to worry (I am not remembering the exact lines right now) and that was the first time NT started speaking for Congress in his films. See that was in 1963 and in 1964 May, Nehru passed away. Andavan Kattalai released in June 1964 will have a last scene where NT as a college professor will be eucologising the virtues of Nehru with a portrait of him behind. This was shot after Nehru’s death and included in the film.
    Around this time APN, a staunch congressman and a strong believer joined hands with NT to produce Bakthi films. This move was primarily aimed to check the DMK campaign of atheism. Come 1965 January, TN was engulfed by the anti Hindi agitation and Congress was fast loosing ground. Before this the Congress had not done well in 1962 Parliament elections and in some state assemblies. PT the great man he is, brought the K Plan, which on implementation saw the senior leaders occupying ministerial positions resigning and going for the organizational work and in their places junior leaders assumed ministerships. So the golden period of PT starting from 13.04.1954 came to an end on 02.10.1963. In his place M.Bakthavatsalam became the CM. MB was a very good administrator, but he lacked charisma like PT. And he was no match to the oratorical skills of DMK leaders and youth caught in the fascination of fiery oratory on the one side and MGR’s cinemas on the other side were flocking to the DMK. At this stage anti Hindi agitation was also not handled properly by TN govt. PT by this time had become the AICC President and he could not devote time to TN politics. Here APN & NT combination with Thiruvilayadal, Saraswathy Sabatham, Kandan Karunai was able to stop the atheist propaganda, but on the political front the dice was clearly loaded in favour of DMK. Rajaji who could never console himself to his ouster from power had founded Swatranta Party in the early 60’s now joined hands with DMK and TN for the first time saw the formation of an alliance. Rajaji who in 50’s was called, as Kulluka Battar by the DMK became Mootharingar to them. Meanwhile MGR starting from NM had been growing in stature and successive hits like Mannadhi Mannan, Padagoti, Ayirathil Oruvan had taken him very high and Enga Veetu Pillai catapulated him to Super Stardom. The DMK leaders by now had realized the vote catching capacity of him. DMK the clever strategist they were/are, conducted a conference in Virugambakkam, an outskirt in Chennai at that time (Dec 1966). A target of Rs 10 L was fixed as election fund. MGR volunteered to give the entire amount, when Annadurai said “Show your face. It will fetch me 30 L votes”. While DMK was carrying out its plans in the most meticulous manner, Congress as usual was far behind. But PT realizing the gravity of the situation came back to TN and gave his nomination from Virudhunagar. But unfortunately he met with an accident and his leg was fractured. He was bed ridden and could not undertake campaign. The grand alliance (DMK, Swatantra, CPM & Muslim League), the apathy among the voters, the anti incumbency factor which was building up were itself enough to defeat Congress. Added to it came Jan 12th, 1967. The day MGR was shot by MR Radha. The photo of MGR lying in the bed with a bandage around his neck and folded hands was enough to deliver a deathblow to the Congress. NT canvassed
    for Congress, but everything was against Congress. DMK ended up with 138 seats and Congress finished with 49 seats. Congress, which was ousted in March 1967, is yet to return. This forms the first phase of NT’s political career.

Post Thanks / Like
    That was an excellent analysis Srinivas.

Waiting for your analysys on the remaining phases

Post Thanks / Like
    Murali,
    Excellent analysis..Pls continue.

Post Thanks / Like
    இந்த வார ஆனந்த விகடனில் இயக்குநர் சேரன் நம் நடிகர் திலகத்தை சந்தித்ததை இப்படி எழுதுகிறார்...

நடிகர் திலகம் சிவாஜி கணேசனுக்கு 'தாதா சாகேப் பால்கே' விருது!

இயக்குநர்கள் அத்தனை பேரும் வாழ்த்தப் போயிருந்தோம்.'அன்னை இல்லம்'...எங்கேயோ தொலைதூரத்துக் கிராமத்துச் சிறுவனாக இருந்தபோதே ,என் கனவுகளில் உலவிய நாயகனின் அரண்மனை.என் எத்தனையோ சாயங்காலங்களைச் சந்தோஷப்படுத்திய ராஜகுமாரனை நேரில் சந்திக்கப் போகிறேன்.

"வாங்கப்பா டைரக்டர்ஸ்" எழுந்து நின்று வரவேற்கிறார் சிவாஜி.ஜிப்பா வேட்டியில் சிகப்பான பெரியப்பா போல இருக்கிறார்..கூச்சத்தில் ஓரமாக ஒதுங்கிய என்னை முன்னே இழுத்து "இவன் சேரன்.இவன் தான் இப்போ பெரிய டைரக்டர்" என்று சிவாஜியின் காலடியில் தள்ளுகிறார் பாரதிராஜா சார். விழுந்து வணங்கிய என் கை பற்றி "நல்ல்ல்ல்ல படம்ப்பா.நல்ல்ல்ல்லா பண்ணியிருந்தே .நல்ல்ல்ல்லா இரு!" என்று சிம்மக் குரலில் ராகம் போட்டு சிவாஜி சார் என்னை வாழ்த்த..இதைப் பார்க்க என் அம்மாவும் அம்மாச்சியும் பக்கத்தில் இல்லயே என ஏங்கினேன்.

சிவாஜி அய்யாவை வைத்து ஒரு படம் இயக்கவும் ஆசைப்பட்டேன்.'தேசிய கீதம்' படத்துக்கு என் முதல் சாய்ஸ் சிவாஜி சார்தான்.கதை சொல்லப் போயிருந்தேன்.

முழுசாக இரண்டரை மணி நேரம் நான் கதை சொல்ல சொல்ல ..என் முகத்தையே குறுகுறுவெனப் பார்த்தார்.எமோஷனலாக நான் சில காட்சிகளை விவரிக்கும் போது ,அவர் புருவங்கள் விளையாட..கண்கள் உருண்டோட முகபாவங்கள் மாறுவதை பக்கத்தில் இருந்து பார்க்க வேண்டுமே..அத்தனை அழகு!

நடுவே ஏதோ வெளியூருக்குக் கிளம்பிக் கொண்டு இருந்த அவரது பேத்தி ,தாத்தாவிடம் ஆசி வாங்க வந்து தயங்கி நிற்க "எக்ஸ்க்யூஸ் மி டைரக்டர் சார்..ஒரே ஒரு நிமிஷம் ப்ளீஸ்" என்று பேத்தியின் தலை தொட்டு ,கன்னத்தில் முத்தமிட்டு அனுப்பினார்.

"நல்ல கதை.பெருந்தலைவர் காமராஜர் ,என் நண்பன் கக்கன் மாதிரி நல்ல மனுஷங்க அரசியல்ல இருந்த காலமெல்லாம் எங்கடா போச்சுன்னு கேக்க வந்திருக்கே..நான் நிச்சயமா நடிக்கிறேன்..அந்த கிளைமாக்ஸ் சொன்னல்ல..ந்தா பாரு..இப்பிடி!" என்று எழுந்தார்.

ஒரே ஒரு ரசிகனுக்காக நடிகர் திலகமே நடிக்க எழுகிறார். முதுமையில் உடல் தள்ளாட,பெருங்கோபத்தில் உள்ளம் கொதிக்க .."நான் இப்படி நிக்கிறேன் .நீ எதிர்ல பேனை புல்லா போடு .காத்துல என் தாடி ,தலைமுடியெல்லாம் பறக்குது. என் கண்ணு செவக்குது .கன்னம் துடிக்குது .எதிர்ல இருக்குற ஒவ்வொருத்தனையும் பார்வையாலயே பஸ்பமாக்குற மாதிரி என் நெஞ்சு கொதிக்குது .'இதுக்காடா நாங்க இவ்ளோ கஷ்டப்பட்டு சொதந்திரம் வாங்கினோம்?" னு அழுகையும் ஆத்திரமுமா நான் கேக்கிறேன். நல்லா இருக்கா? இது ஓ.கே.யா?'

எத்தனை உயர்ந்த மனிதர் .என்னைப் போன்ற ஒரு சின்ன பையனிடம் ,ஏதோ தன் முதல் படத்துக்கு வாய்ப்பு கேட்பதைப் போன்ற வேகத்துடன் தாகத்துடன் நடித்துக்காட்டுகிறாரென்றால்..அது தானே தொழில் பக்தி!

இன்றைக்கு கேரவேன்களுக்கு வெளியே இயக்குநர்களைக் காக்கவைத்துவிட்டு திமிருடன் திரியும் சில நடிகர்களை நினைத்தால் எனக்குள் வேதனை வழியும்.

காரைக்குடியில் கொளுத்தும் வெயில் காலத்தில் படப்பிடிப்பு .கதைக்களம் அப்படி .அப்போது உடல்நலக்குறைவில் தொடர்ந்து சிகிச்சையில் இருந்த சிவாஜி சாரை கஷ்டப்படுத்திவிடக்கூடாது என்பதால் ,எனக்கு அந்த பாக்கியம் இல்லாமல் போயிற்று.

நன்றி : விகடன்

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joe

ஒரே ஒரு ரசிகனுக்காக நடிகர் திலகமே நடிக்க எழுகிறார். முதுமையில் உடல் தள்ளாட,பெருங்கோபத்தில் உள்ளம் கொதிக்க .."நான் இப்படி நிக்கிறேன் .நீ எதிர்ல பேனை புல்லா போடு .காத்துல என் தாடி ,தலைமுடியெல்லாம் பறக்குது. என் கண்ணு செவக்குது .கன்னம் துடிக்குது .எதிர்ல இருக்குற ஒவ்வொருத்தனையும் பார்வையாலயே பஸ்பமாக்குற மாதிரி என் நெஞ்சு கொதிக்குது .'இதுக்காடா நாங்க இவ்ளோ கஷ்டப்பட்டு சொதந்திரம் வாங்கினோம்?" னு அழுகையும் ஆத்திரமுமா நான் கேக்கிறேன். நல்லா இருக்கா? இது ஓ.கே.யா?'

எத்தனை உயர்ந்த மனிதர் .என்னைப் போன்ற ஒரு சின்ன பையனிடம் ,ஏதோ தன் முதல் படத்துக்கு வாய்ப்பு கேட்பதைப் போன்ற வேகத்துடன் தாகத்துடன் நடித்துக்காட்டுகிறாரென்றால்..அது தானே தொழில் பக்தி!