Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unforgettable incidents.

Senior Member Senior Hubber nirosha sen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Scorpio - I'm sure there was no harm in you taking home the broken pieces of thenggai, Pa!! But we have something called, "Dhravida roshum" which probably why your father was so angered!!

"Sol thangga maatar Tamilian"!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Dhravida roshum
    Good grief! I hope people don't seize that up and start one more of their aryan-dravidan rants!!
    When we stop labouring under the delusion of our cosmic self-importance, we are free of hindrance, fear, worry and attachment. We are liberated!!!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    badri wrote:
    hope people don't seize that up and start one more of their aryan-dravidan rants
    Forget that! one more incident with which we can roast scorpio akka!!
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Post Thanks / Like
    jg wrote:

one more incident with which we can roast scorpio akka
    Roast and make a thuvayal of her, you mean????
    When we stop labouring under the delusion of our cosmic self-importance, we are free of hindrance, fear, worry and attachment. We are liberated!!!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    appropos!!
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber scorpio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nirosha sen
    Scorpio - I'm sure there was no harm in you taking home the broken pieces of thenggai, Pa!! But we have something called, "Dhravida roshum" which probably why your father was so angered!!

"Sol thangga maatar Tamilian"!!
    Niro,

Not sure if it was 'Roshum' or whatever, I got a big lecture on 'Uzhaippu' and to get anything I want only by hardwork and not thru' the shortcut way. The message is so deep that even when I buy things now, I never get carried by 'freebies' and only look for quality!

Hmmm. as usual, I see my thambi kootam busy in this thread too!!!
    Your attitude determines your altitude!

Post Thanks / Like
    Akka pogum idam ellam thambigal varuvar....haven't you heard that one?

but on a serious note, surprising isnt it, how these childhood memories go towards shaping our entire life, the choices we make etc?

I am afraid I dont really recall any such unforgettable incidents, in my life but this is a nice thread.

Thanks to the blahblah bunny for initiating it.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sbadri99

Thanks to the blahblah bunny for initiating it.
    Thanks,badri potbelly!

However it was not my intention to keep this thread to confessions,but to all unforgettable incidents.I will come out with another:

Long after my father passed away,one night I took up an argument with my mother.Since both of us were really annoyed and disturbed we went to bed without food.However sleep failed me.I picked up an old copy of Readers Digest and as I was goingthrough it I happened to see a simple article about the relationship between a mother and daughter from the daughter's perspective.

It described how they had a little argument and the daughter later repented to realise that she was being ungrateful to her mom.At this point she felt that the love she has for her mother should be expressed.
    She goes back to her mother and tells her what she means to her,howmuch she loves her and how grateful she was to God for having a mother like her. At this point she notices a little moisture in her mother's eyes.The next morning the daughter was pleasantly surprised to hear her mother humming a tune in the kitchen,which she had not heard for a long time,after her father's death.

With a sudden inspiration I spent the next hour,translating this story to Malayalam.Since I couldn't wait till morning I woke up my mother from sleep and told her I was sorry.I told her that I really loved her.Then I handed over two little sheets of paper from my note book,which she read then and there.

I can tell you that a very happy mother and son went to sleep that night after a much delayed supper.

Senior Member Senior Hubber nirosha sen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh that was so sweet, Blah-Blah Monoo!! Thank you so much for sharing it, Pa!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12