Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Alka Yagnik

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Deep Secrets!

Thank you Deep Secrets for that very informative website. I definitely liked the interview section, which kind of opened my eyes even further to the sheer volume of her great hits. What do you think about the future of Alka as a playback singer? Do you think that she should do some more concerts now? And most importantly, is she (and any other bollywood singers) coming to the East coast of America anytime this summer? Thank you for the help!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed904
    is alka singing in movies again?
    I thought that's what she is devoted to ....playback?
    "I never think of the future. It comes soon enough." Albert Einstein.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I thought the same! She has sung a couple of songs in Kisna, which is still rather contemporary as well as Swades, to name just a couple that I remind while sitting here at the computer. She is still sounding as amazing as ever, for sure. I cannot wait to go to the Suhani Safar concert this summer, it shall be grand and very broad with its broad talented group. check out the website for the one closest to me: http://www.poojanka.com/.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thanks Deep Secrets!

Quote Originally Posted by seldon1985
    Thank you Deep Secrets for that very informative website. I definitely liked the interview section, which kind of opened my eyes even further to the sheer volume of her great hits. What do you think about the future of Alka as a playback singer? Do you think that she should do some more concerts now? And most importantly, is she (and any other bollywood singers) coming to the East coast of America anytime this summer? Thank you for the help!
    Hi Seldon. Glad you visited the site.

As to her future, course it's BRIGHT!!! Once, Lata Mangeshkar called Alka her successor! And Sanju, it's different this time ...Alka is definitely unique. I predict: She'll be a living legend pretty soon, once Lata Mangeshkar goes to sleep forever ....Sorry people :P .

Seldon, You must have seen about the Suhana Safar which will include top Bollywood singers like Udit, Hariharan, Alka, and others....it's on the site I posted. I have never been to any of her concerts and cant comment on whether she should do more of them. I am not planning on attending any in the near future. You know what I think? Distance increases respect and love....

Post Thanks / Like
    okay, you are obsessed

Post Thanks / Like

Alka concert!

Hello again!

As for being obsessed about Alka, I ask why not (to the sender of the message above)? Why not have something to dream about and smile about when things are mundane and everyday. We do not love something so much as to devote our life to it or in an attempt to emulate it, but instead we do it to provide an escape from our lives. Im sure even you tend to make perfect those things/people that you do not see in sometime...

Thank you Deep_secrets for your website! It was highly informative, and I have passed on the word about the concert! Your comment about distance increasing love reminds me of a theme from the movie 'Kisna' (Kisna says the same thing to Lady Katherine at the end of the film). Of course, 'Kisna' has a song 'Tu Itni Pagli Kyon Hai' sung by the great Alka herself!

I understand why you do not want to go to the concert. I too on hindsight understand that I would have adulated Udit Narayan even more if I did not see him in concert! But alas, I am too weak to stay away and I cannot wait for the concert this summer!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Alka concert!

Quote Originally Posted by seldon1985
    Hello again!

As for being obsessed about Alka, I ask why not (to the sender of the message above)? Why not have something to dream about and smile about when things are mundane and everyday. We do not love something so much as to devote our life to it or in an attempt to emulate it, but instead we do it to provide an escape from our lives. Im sure even you tend to make perfect those things/people that you do not see in sometime...

Thank you Deep_secrets for your website! It was highly informative, and I have passed on the word about the concert! Your comment about distance increasing love reminds me of a theme from the movie 'Kisna' (Kisna says the same thing to Lady Katherine at the end of the film). Of course, 'Kisna' has a song 'Tu Itni Pagli Kyon Hai' sung by the great Alka herself!

I understand why you do not want to go to the concert. I too on hindsight understand that I would have adulated Udit Narayan even more if I did not see him in concert! But alas, I am too weak to stay away and I cannot wait for the concert this summer!
    why dont you build a bloody shrine?!

Post Thanks / Like
    Seldon, I have yet to watch the film Kisna. She had another song in there, Wohi Din Aa Gaya. I like it better than the other one.

Chaos, lets join forces and drive people crazy with our similiar posting techniques ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deep_Secrets
    Seldon, I have yet to watch the film Kisna. She had another song in there, Wohi Din Aa Gaya. I like it better than the other one.

Chaos, lets join forces and drive people crazy with our similiar posting techniques ...

LOL... i aim to please

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chaotic whisperz
    Quote Originally Posted by Deep_Secrets

LOL... i aim to please
    I must have misread your previous posts then :P

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast