Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Food Product Discussion

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Food Product Discussion

Hello dear friends!

I have been living in the United states for a couple of years now,and there were many days when I was tired or busy I had to depend on the readymade or instant foods.
    And readymade food is very vastly available now at every supercenter or Indian grocery.Be it frozen parathas or instant idli mix or frozen pizza we are always confused as to which is good and bad. finally we pay a lot just by seeing the beautiful mouthwatering pictures on the cover and end up eating or throwing something that is not even worth defrosting.
    Let us discuss about the food products that we have tried (the detailed name and brand ) ,.so that people who are yet to try will have a clear idea about that.

I hope this will be a very usefull discussion for everyone!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber tomato's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My List is small

Ashoka brand - Methi Thepla
    tastes quite good , goes well with maggi tamarind sauce

Springhome - roti prata - too much oil, tried only once, am not tepmpted to try again due to the amount of oil

Ashoka brand - vegetable jalfreze - only good for my garbage bin.

I'm a 'fresh food' person, and will avoid all these readymade stuff( as I believe they contain high amts of fat and salt) .
    I case of emergency I prefer to eat just bread or plain rice and a simple veg dish. But whenever I hear my friends discuss all these ready to eat stuff i'm tempted to try it out at least once.
    So i've only tried a few.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ashoka brand - vegetable jalfreze
    Are there any takers for any jalfreze at all, Ashoka or otherwise? We tried to make it once at home...and you are right, the garbage was just where it went into.

Anyone got the recipe for that? Maybe the wrong thread to post this, but tomato's rant against it got me started
    When we stop labouring under the delusion of our cosmic self-importance, we are free of hindrance, fear, worry and attachment. We are liberated!!!

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I tried Kohinoor's mutter paneer... oh god, it was so yucky! the paneer was like a leather and the gravy was loaded with oil.
    for instant idli mixes, i like chitale brand. They are almost like hotel idlies and its very cheap too. we can make about 25-30idlies in one packet.

which is the best tea ?
    Currently i am using waghbakri,Its okay,not very good.
    Red label is the best tea i have ever used, good as a ice tea or even masala chai.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Badri,

I love veg jalfreze(not the ready to eat ones,it's the one we get in hotels)...but don't have a recipe for it...

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Which is the most aromatic,long and non-sticky basmati rice available here?

Eg:
    Tilda
    Davaat
    Jafrani
    Golden temple
    Trophy
    Himalayan
    Surya

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Bhargavi, Do you get Kohinoor Silky there? It is really good. Even Lal Quila Basmati is great. But these two are slightly expensive.

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dont know if you get Ashoka frozen stuff there. Ashoka frozen Mooli, Onion, Lachcha and Gobhi Parathas are quite ok. Helps, when you are really tired after a hectic day at work. They even have frozen Puran Poli. Try them, they are good. I frankly cant stand tinned or packed gravies.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Saji,I don't get Kohinoor or Lalquila, planning to ask the shopkeeper to order them if they r so good. I have seen a few ashoka stuff, never seen puran poli.
    Thanks
    Bhargavi.Raj

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi!

I have posted a recipe of PAneer Jalfrezi in the 'All About PAneer' thread. It is very easy to make and tastes good as well. Hope it helps.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast