• 1997 - 2002

11 22.45%
  • Post 2003

0 0%
Page 76 of 166 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126 ... LastLast

Thread: Films of Mani Ratnam

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Enna maddy surya in ae better than devaganam in yuva - why does that warrant a sei aakasu level reaction?

Actually, in the same movie*n the hindi actors playing the other 2 lead male roles were better than the tamil counterparts - I am sure grouch will agree with this so no need for extreme reaction

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, same film, same script, same meesic, same director, same....you get the pix, but different actors. Sure, it warrants comparison. But at the same time, intha Gauvaram dialak mindla vanthuduthu:

Kannan: Ungga kooda enna compare panaatheel.
    Rajinikanth: Yenda badava, en kooda compete panna porel, compare panna kudathoo?
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDY
    .....im sure there is a urge to see "tamil acting" in indhi actors which leaves you disappointed.....
    adhu ennadhu adhu tamil-acting/hindi-acting.
    Assamese-nA eppidi irukkum ?
    I deny the existence of any such classification. Only 'good' and 'bad' exist. And this is the same movie !

namakku pachchai paavam-naalum hara paap-naalum unseletted unseletted dhaan.

Kashyap dialogues worked only here and there. The scene where Lallan's brother feels threatened was attempted humour ("there's nothing in the world that can't be talked out","sit here, we will talk it out' etc.). Made a caricature of that guy for a laugh. Made me realize how 'real' the scene was in Tamil. He gets up from his meal very angry and is cowered by the crowd and even his 'begging' is subtle (there are women and children in this house).

Btw I even like Siddharth-Trisha better than Kapoor-Oberoi

The major difference is Om Puri again. Seemed all about pronouncing "poshchim bongal" and very little about the essence of sliminess.

BR: Look I am very much proud of you and his look at Surya saying "irundhu..?"

It's like the essence of that scene was totally missed.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Post Thanks / Like
    P_R, Deva gaNam vs Suryar; Oberoi versus Iyer(dhAnE?), Kari vs Tiri - idhellAm ogay.

Mugerjee versus sasmin comparison-ai studious-A avoid pandrInga(whenever you discuss Yuva)?
    (I think I know the answer, still unga vAyAla sollidunga )

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum
    P_R, Deva gaNam vs Suryar; Oberoi versus Iyer(dhAnE?), Kari vs Tiri - idhellAm ogay.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Scale's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guys,

This is not a remake. Pain on the $$$ to shoot both the films parallelly for any film maker. It gives me heart attack if I think about it Thank God he managed. MR has his merits and demerits in shooting tamil and hindi films in casting, extracting performances, technicians etc....and not to blame hindi associates. If you guys want to prove that Surya is a better actor switch forward to Perazhagan. Thats a remake!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by P_R
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDY
    .....im sure there is a urge to see "tamil acting" in indhi actors which leaves you disappointed.....
    adhu ennadhu adhu tamil-acting/hindi-acting.
    Assamese-nA eppidi irukkum ?
    I deny the existence of any such classification. Only 'good' and 'bad' exist. And this is the same movie !
    how abt "dramatic" and "non-dramatic" , im somehow convinced that we tend to prefer "dramatic" more.......thats why i felt maybe by bland u meant "non-dramatic".....i have to revisit Yuva to really see how Ajay Devgan was.......

i dont think i would agree to much of "best actors" being disscused here....
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I also felt Madhavan was "dramatic" while Apisek Pachan was "non-dramatic", and therefore, better, in AE/Yuva
    (JK, Maddy.)

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum
    Yeah, I also felt Madhavan was "dramatic" while Apisek Pachan was "non-dramatic", and therefore, better, in AE/Yuva
    (JK, Maddy.)
    enakku sathyama YUva nyabagam illa.......i watched it during release and thats it .........but why being "bland" is not good-nnu dhaan ketten.....
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Post Thanks / Like
    Lets forget the terminology - devagaNam was poor in Yuva. "Surya was better than DevagaNam in that role" is an understatement multiple times over. It is not a compliment at all, and doesnt capture Surya's performance half-adequately.
    Similarly with Puri vs Chinnasamy.
    Every other possible 'acting' comparison in the hindi vs tamil versions of the movie can be considered a contest, at the least.