Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Thread: All about baking

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    hai Redpepper,
    ur roses r very very beautiful like real roses.i liked it very much.again i tried the rasamalai receipe.this time its somewhat ok.anyway thanks for a nice receipe.i think u r an expert in baking.keep it up.bye.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber kavithasenthil's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Redpepper,
    i also afraid of overflowing inside the oven so i checked after 10 mins. for the chance of over flow..i found none so baked it covered. mine baked just in 22 mins at 350 F.

Anotherway is to bake uncovered till 1/2 to 3/4 th..then cover with foil. this way we can be surely avoid overflowing.

Like u said the rasamalis tastes wonderful today compare to yesterday. anyway thanks a lot for easy baking method to make tasty rasamalais.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    RICCOTTA CHEESE AVAILABLE IN CHENNAI?

IS THERE ANY ANOTHER NAME OR SUBSTITUTE?

AFTER VISITING RED PEPPER's VIRTUAL WORKSHOP I WISH TO MAKE RASAMALAI

Junior Member Junior Hubber grapes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPepper
    Quote Originally Posted by grapes
    THANKS 4 the detailed illustrated receipe redpepper i will try it tomorrow & let u know the results.(i do not have a hand blender so i am going to try it in the mixi lets see how this works)
    Grapes, I don't know how it would be if you do it in a mixie. Do you have a wire whisk? Thats what I use sometimes & it works fine.
    ur right redpepper the mixie does not work mine did not turn out well this time either it was still stickey like kova even after 65 min., i am going to do it using a wire whisk when i get some more ricotta cheese i hope this time mine turns out well like urs. (hope i had read ur message earlier)

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    hai grapes,
    i also did the same mistake.i used the mixie.but its somewhat ok.i've to buy a whisk or hand mixer.bye.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber RedPepper's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Grapes, I am so sorry for you. The method is very simple, so I guess it may be your ingredients? What kind of sugar do you use? Shobha got good results with paneer instead of ricotta cheese, and she didn't add any sugar I think.

Mixie is not good for blending or whisking ingredients together for baking.
    Red Pepper
    <font size=1>Some products from my workshop! </font>

Junior Member Junior Hubber grapes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    thats rt cynthia the mixi sure does not work i just got myself a set of whisks today.
    thanks 4 the advice redpepper, i used domino's granulated sugar & biazzo's old fashioned whole milk ricotta cheese (which i got from sam's club).

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Searching for baked rasmalai recipe....

Hi,

I'm new to this forum.(as a registered member). but have been following the recipes for some time and trying them.

I saw a lot of discussion about a baked ramalai recipe. but could not locate it. Can some one help me with the page no where its posted.

thanks in advance
    anu

Senior Member Regular Hubber kavithasenthil's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    go to redpepper's blog for detailed explanation with pictures...here is the link...

http://myworksh0p.blogspot.com/

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

I tried the baked rasmalai. i used home made paneer. We dont get riccota in singapore.

I made paneer the usual way (i use curd to break milk for all bengali sweets) and hung it for 30 min to remove excess water. I blended it in hand blender and followed the recipe with 130 C and 30 min baking.

Result was good. pieces came out very easily and they were not crumbly. it did turn brown on the edges.

I've soaked some of the pieces into sugar syrup. hope they will cool and turn out like square rasgulla.

Will be trying the same recipe with amul paneer soon.

Thanks kavitha for the link and thanks red pepper for the recipe.

anu

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast