Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: "Nayakan" among "Time" mag's 100 best

Hybrid View

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajasaranam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nayakan doubts

mr_karthik,

Though genuine doubts. I know its true that Tamilians settled in mumbai in the slum areas in the 60's till early 90's were able to live a life without even knowing hindi. Rising of 'Varadha' as Bhai made this feat possible. their settlement was separated from mainstream mumbai till his death and till when the localites tookover the underworld. We can see that even today the dons are called 'Anna' [Watch Company] because of heavy tamil dominance in the underworld before 90's after which Shivasena and local gangsters started a war against the settled tamils and took over.
    Your other doubts are cleared by app_engine.
    The movie was a master piece from MR and he had done proper groundwork studying the mumbai underworld and portraying it as true as history was.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    rightly said RS aiyya,i think u know a lot abt Mumbai......most of tamilians live in a slum called "Dharavi - largest slum in Asia" and trust me if u stay in dharavi there is no need for one to speak in hindi or marathi to survive........dharavi is a self sufficient slum with all products available and no need to go to mumbai town side for anything......u'll feel like walking in streets of saidapet when u r in dharavi with shops being painted with rajni,kamal,ajith's portraits....

abt seth going to police, in mumbai dons r more powerful than police.....esp after marine drive rape case, even normal ppl. have started beating police nowadays.......

nayakan is my all time fav movie along with Titanic and swades.....kamal was outstanding in the movie with IR scoring the most memorable "thalattu" song - thenpandi seemayile....nayakan is truly a mesmerising movie watching experience......
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Maddy, I would love that song that if God had given a good voice, One song which I would love to sing was "Thenpandi Semayile" for Nayagan again

Senior Member Senior Hubber kalnayak's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ada Ithe Paarunga, Maddy & alias praise IR.

Intha statementkku avanga enna reply pannuvaangannu ellorukkum theriyum. Ennoda 1st statement shows just my wondering. Idhai Crocodile Tear nu solla mudiyathu. Vera ennannu sollalaam? Takkunu thona maatenguthu!!!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i know it is very hard for u to believe,kalnayak....but ARR fans never stop shy of appreciating gud music........remember we were all IR fans b4 ARR came into the scene....
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Scale's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDY

i know it is very hard for u to believe,kalnayak....but ARR fans never stop shy of appreciating gud music........remember we were all IR fans b4 ARR came into the scene....
    LIKE ..... US-KATRINA, MUMBAI CYCLONE (ITS NOT A DISASTER INSTEAD A MUSICAL REVOLUTION.
    A DESTRUCTION/ANHILATION/ERADICATION CAUSED IN YOUNG/IGNORANT MINDS)...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Scale's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by alias
    Yes Maddy, I would love that song that if God had given a good voice, One song which I would love to sing was "Thenpandi Semayile" for Nayagan again
    Alias! Why should anyone posess good voice to sing. "Thenpandi cheemayile" was sung by IR & KH (God's gift is their hardworking ability and their sincerity towards their profession). Their voice were not as sweet as SPB or KJY. Its only their soul & passion made that song so beautiful and evergreen.

A classic example is ARR on his vocals too (VM title song & Only U) .... even NFAK,Kavitha Krishnamurthy.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_karthik
    Nayagan pathi konjam pesuvoma?.

Hindi nallA PesanumnA, Hindi books padipthai vida, hindi class attend pannuvadhai vida, romba easyAna method, just stay in Mumbai for 6 months, you can speak fluent Hindi. AnAl, Velu Naicker 5 vayasilirundhu Bombayil irupArAm. AnAl Hindi theriyathaam. Translator vachu pesuvArAm. Nalla kathaiyA irukkE..!!

Sait veettil poyi avar veettu kattil, Beruo, telephone, chandliers ellAm pOttu udaichathum, sait policeku pogAmal, documentsai kizhithu pOttu viduvArAm. Nalla kadhaiyaa irukkE..!!

Harbouril avvalavu kedupidiyaaga irukkumbOthu, Reddy, Koli, ivangalE kondu vara mudiyAtha sarakkai, Velu Naicker pOyi romba easyA (kuyili danceai parthukondE) kondu vandhu viduvArAm. Nalla kadhaiyA irukkE..!!
    karthik......,ur doubts are genuine....I shall answer it.

they had sent a group of members from our college to collect details about the "rain water harvesting"...im a member of that group.we went to a marvadi street...u believe or dont believe...they dont know tamil...and they can only understand a bit of english...then we made a guy who know a bit of hindi to collect details......

u doubt about harbour kadathal thing.....,in that film they have beautifully explained how nayakar makes it possible by using the rubber tube and salt....dint u watch.....

u cant deny these are impossible things....becoz these are done in real life by varadha raja mudhaliyar...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mr. Nilavu, brilliant explanations, but is not satisfactory. What are all the doubts created by Mr. Karthik, are reasonable.

I also seen several Marwaris in sowcarpet in chennai, they will talk tamil, which we can understand. They may not know 'ilakana tamil', to give explanation to thirukural, but know to speak like "neenga munnaadi poraan, naan pinnaadi varudhu". The great Dhadha V.Naicker (who is living in Bombay from his 7th age) does not know hindi, but Vijayan, Delhi Ganesh etc will speak hindi.

About tube & salt matter: They are using tube and salt only when they are bringing the smuggled goods from ship. But do you know how they discharge them from ship?. The ship crew tie the boxes in a rope and naicker and janagraj just take them by a hooked stick. What about 'Harbour kedupidi', as mentioned before?. These thing Reddy cant do it?, infact he is called as harbour king.

Reddy give information to customs about naicker's smuggling matter, they also come and see Velu Naicker's boat is coming from port (so the information is correct), but they did not suspect why some unnecessary ropes hanging inside the sea water.

We cant expect more logic from these kind of movies, if Nayagan is graded as a good movie. But Naayaganai poruthavarai ulagaththil illaatha adhisaya padamaaga pesa paduvathaal, idhu pondra minor pointsai karthik sutti kaattuvathil thavaru illai.

Just showing the scnese in dimlight will not bring the night effect. In this matter, Kamal Haasan looks better director than Mani Rathnam. He picturised fentastic night effect in 'unnai vida' song in Virumaandi.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber mr_karthik's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks a lot Ms. Saradhaa_sn.

HyA, enaku oru support kidaichAchu.
    romba nandRi......................

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast