Thread: How to describe it? Nothing but genius!

Senior Member Devoted Hubber ananth222's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

How to describe it? Nothing but genius!

I have been listening to IR's "How to name it" and "Nothing but wind" a lot lately, almost continuously and exclusively.
    I'm particularly mesmerised by "Study for violin", "Mozart I love you" and "Composer's breath".
    I have always been a fan of IR's film music, but these two albums are mind boggling! Every IR film music fan must try these albums.

Why doesn't IR come up with more such albums?

I am aware that some parts of these albums are used by him as BGMs in movies. I even noticed that parts "How to name it" and "singing self" are used in Crazy Mohan's "Madhu plus 2" drama. Anyone know which movies in particular use these themes?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber MumbaiRamki's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Veedu uses How to Name it !

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mozart I luv you was used in Idhayathai thirudAthey...when Nag searches for girija in the misty woods.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing But Wind

Hi Guys,

When you hear ' Nothing But Wind ' in NBW, we all know it is based on a theme. Could you all express what theme did you all perceived hearing that song? It could be a great experience hearing everyone's perception.

Regards
    Irfan

Senior Member Regular Hubber Vkrish's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Compiling few BGM original sound tracks of IR's films like Mouna Ragam, Jhoney, Aanpavam, Mogamul, Guru, Bharati etc without the mix of any dialogues will itself give more instrumental albums.

But I dont know who are the owners of these original tracks. I feel some BGM tracks are really worth to be packed in a instumental album - such as
    1. Mayil Pola song in symphonic style which appears in the movie, when Bharati meets Devayani for the first time'...
    2. Jhoney theme music...
    3. Azagi - End Credit music (oliyile therivathu)...

Senior Member Devoted Hubber ananth222's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a very nice description of the theme of "Nothing but wind":

http://www.rakkamma.com/albums.phtml

(scroll down to "nothing but wind")

The site also has a good collection of IR's BGMs (with dialogues) if you click on the "BGM" link there.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing But Wind ' in NBW did not impress me much - IMO it is not worthy of being dubbed creative - it is just a jamboree of different sounds - the initial chirping upto the brilliant flute piece was HATS OFF stuff - but the jazzy interruptions that follow howsoever symbolic of the theme is annoying

but the remaining pieces are masterpieces of the first order - my favorite is Composers Breath, for its innovative use of Indian classical with heavy flavor of WCM and several classic IR elements interspersed throughout - somewhere in the middle, there is a short passage with the flute which is imitated by a chorus of violins something like a counterpoint, and then immediately followed by the flute on a higher scale (if you were with me, I can hum it and show you which passage it is !!) that is something distinctively IRish!

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Madhan, you reminded me of a top order musical wizardry - made me stop walking whenever I heard that part from anywhere...it's an immortal movement, which starts with drums / electric organ combo building up the momentum for the flute-violin conversation, I think repeated twice!

Sad that I left behind NBW in India, I need to shop around for the CD...