Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Indian cricket never learn from it's mistakes?

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Our chances are more as we have 90 overs to bowl them out.
    Second, they will be trying to save the test...which means a defensive mindset

Third, their top order except Mahela have gone

Hopefully, we should win by lunch time

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber Thiru's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The wicket is playing so low... A few of Vaas deliveries didnt even bounce to the knees of ganguly.. It will be a tough wicket to bat on for 90 overs.. With the variable bounce and Kumble factor, I feel that India should be able to wrap the test by lunch time... but its not over till its over.. I still have memories of Cullinan and klusener battling out the last day in Johannesburg when India had all but wrapped up the match..

Post Thanks / Like
    Thiru...

Also remember the recent chennai test day 4 vs Australia ( poor me was physically present in Chepauk that day ) when Martyn and Gillespie survived until tea before they crumbled....

but as Mahela is a stroke player, he may not resist himself to play defensively and hence I feel the innings should get wrapped up by lunch time or max before tea..

Post Thanks / Like
    It was nice, satisfying and convincing victory at last... and a sweet revenge over Srilanka also as we had lost most of the tours in Srilanka ..

There are certain positives in this test...

Promoting Irfan Pathan is one master stroke ( the beauty is ..if the experiment had failed , India would not have anything to lose )

The calm presence of Dravid.....a matured guy....

The good support from Sachin and Ganguly...2 senior most cricketers AND FORMER CAPTAINS .....

Yuvraj coming good as a test player .....this will boost his confidence further....as he has to take over from the 3 seniors sooner or later.....

Dhoni's hurricane 50+ ...which means we have a solid keeper for tests as well.....
    ( but I wish Dinesh Karthik should have been persisted with for tests for sometime ) and Dhoni for one dayers....

Lets hope that the flow of success continues....

Post Thanks / Like
    Very suprised by the inclusion of Wasim Jaffer for the 3rd test match.. He has been included in the team because we lack openers but he's not going to open in the 3rd test.. That to me sounds fishy to me that he was included just to drop Ganguly.. Again if he Jaffer gets a chance, it will be one and out.. He has to perform well to cement his place atleast in the 14... Kumble just proved that he's a tough cookie to tackle in India.. Time and time again most of the wins in our soil was possible only because of kumble.. We will be missing him a lot when he retires...

Post Thanks / Like
    Why Ganguly was dropped ?

Post Thanks / Like
    because they dont want to play him in the eleven and they dont want to select him and keep him as a substitute..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thiru
    because they dont want to play him in the eleven and they dont want to select him and keep him as a substitute..
    If this is the basis, why did they make him play for this Delhi test ?

IMO, Ganguly also had played his part reasonably well by scoring 40 and 39 ..both were quite useful under the circumstances...besides scoring 40+ at test level is a decent score to establish as he must have spent sufficient time in the middle to get the confidence back...

The selectors continue to behave like what Mohinder Amarnath commented once ....

BUNCH OF JOKERS !

This decision on Ganguly will definitely create sympathy wave for him and there will be fire in Kolkatta .....

They should have selected him for onedayers as he has atleast another 2 years left on one day cricket......both as a batsman and as a bowler......

I continue to wonder the basis of the so called Selectors .....its really really disgusting approach ......

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Sanguine Sridhar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Inclusion of Wasim Jaffer instead of Sourav Ganguly is nothing about another cheap politics in Indian Cricket.Gangluy scored 40&39 runs in the Delhi test match where as Gambhir scored 2&3 was not dropped.If you are looking at performance you should have dropped Gambhir and they should have included Jaffer or another player.Sharath Pawar has shown his ugly face very soon.Wassim Jaffer is from Mumbai.

Jaffer record is
    Played - 7
    Innings - 13
    Runs -261
    Avg - 20.08
    Highest-86
    100's - Nil
    50's - 3
    Ducks -2

Last time he played was almost 3 yrs back Aug-2002.I don know what he is going to perform in the coming test match

Post Thanks / Like
    When the team management is making so many changes in the batting line up ( like experimenting Sehwag as an opener ) why cant they try Sriram or Badani or any other guy to open instead of Wassim Jaffer ?

Sriram and Badani, after all are 1 down or 2 down players and it doesnt make much difference for them to adjust .....

This sort of north south politics will never end in Indian cricket

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast