According to your liking rank
    Nothing but wind, How to name it , India 24 Hrs and Thiruvasakam

mine is

i really am unable to tell...........

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Except TIS, I think the rest if you listen now are bunch of ringtones. Nothing but wind and How to Name it are like Pokeman music IMO. I think they can made into ringtones and sold in stores.

When they were released they sound good but now with the invention of new rhythm, these albums look out of place. The only exception may be the flute of Hariprasad Churasia.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Poor taste!! You can better stay away from this thread!

Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    emjay:

I am as irriated as you are when there are some people here are obsessed with denigrating IR and his works - you can see obsessive postings trying to shove all his acheivements to nothing, trying to dismiss of his new works giving the time to listen to them and repeating non-facts louder and more obsessed than others believing that they can outshout others and those non-facts may be true.

But the spirit of democracy and freedom is to tolerate those expressions - however intolerable they are.

The real wisdom in all this is that all these ramblings by these people cannot denigrate IR or his works or reflect his works. Irrespective of how hard they may try to denounce and enigrate IR and his works, they cannot do anything to IR and his achievements. Their posts only reflect on the people who write these comments - their obsessions, bias, prejudices, anxieties, fears and ignorance.

If you can get yourself to ignore such postings, I believe they will go away. I think the thrill that they get is when you and I respond like we did to that post.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, if you dont like the post, you can stay away. That is my personal opinion about those mentioned albums.

KR, it reflects your fear and anxiety. You talk about freedom and still try to supress other people's opinion. Long live democracy

I was pondering a little bit on the way people treat people who try to find fault with IR music. It is a sin or rather blasphemy to say anything against IR in this forum. I ask them how come finding fault with IR or not liking his album is considered abusing IR when these people do the same things with other MD and their music. Everyone has different taste and so am I. I might not like NBW or HTNI but like other works of IR. When I called his instrumental music a ringtone or pokemon music, people call it abusing IR and when I say IR can do remixes of his songs since he could not do anything new, people think it is an abuse to IR. This is ridiculous.

One thing I want to straight out, if finding fault with IR music or conveying opinions about IR music is a sin in this forum then I will do as many times as I can.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Two weeks back, I had a 3 hour drive with a couple of American friends (one of them a bachelor...me & the other forced bachelors) to OH & back. I had handpicked a few CD's for this trip, which included PM's `Love is blue' & our man's HTNI. It also had some TFM CD's and Hindi QSQT (I can listen to this any number of times).

One of them used to play drums (African traditional type) and the other plays trumpet very well. (I can't play anything ofcourse).

Onward, I played PM, QSQT & some western. They were quite appreciative of PM & QSQT -which gave me some confidence that they may like IR (I didn't want to be pushy, kind of gauging their response to the type of music I like).

While returning, I mustered up some boldness to play HTNI! Sure enough, I gave them some description about the composer and also a warning that it'll be way different from anything they've heard and does include some traditional Indian instruments like veeNA & mridhangam.

I needn't have been so defensive as they enjoyed a few tracks! Apart from making appreciative comments, one of them told that it's like a grand background score for a royal epic...He said, he can visualise a palace with king and courtiers etc when listening to the score! Emboldened by their liking, I continued with some beautiful selections from TFM (mostly SJ songs) and they simply loved them!

Anyday, my #1 choice is HTNI!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is no real way of ranking these, but let me rank anyways the way my hand pick the CD

1. TIS -> May be because of the wordings also, but this gave me everything in life. I mentioned this before, I felt like a responsible person after TIS, I felt that I am fit to be a father after listening to TIS than before. Above all, it just made my interest in old tamil literature. Needless to say that because of TIS I had one of a very wonderful blessing in the world that only TISK knows

1. HTNI -> I liked the BGM of Veedu and always stayed in my mind since when I was doing my 11th. I had no idea about Illararaja, except that I know he does some film music. The first filmi album where I felt IR was in Puthu Puthu Arthangal - where the whole theater was clapping for every song, and even during title. I bought HTNI CD in US, probably 10 year after I first listened to it, and had no idea that the tune is the one my mind is very familiar with. What reasons you need to put this on top.

1. NBW -> I didnt buy initially mainly because it had Hariprasad's picture on teh CD than IR and I didnt like a NI guy at all. I stayed away from this as much as I can until one day I decided to take a risk and listen to it. I had very greater difficulty to buy this CD after that and took almost 3 months to find this CD. I end up being a Hariprasad fan after this. Another CD that I play when I go to bed.

I listen to I24 hours and quite didnt understand it, so no comments on it yet. I need more time to understand it.

BTW did I rated all of them numero uno?

Post Thanks / Like
    njv, Did you listen Wings? It is on the dvdunlimitedonline.com maintained by kbee. This is the first time I am hearing about that album. Any detail?

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its a collection of filmi and devotional album. The recording quality is good, but the song selection is very bad (Worst). I bought Music Journey and it is very impressive, but thats gain non a non-filmi album. Its just IR filmi songs, but with explanation from IR before the song starts and few new compositions by IR (like the 3 in 1). MJ is a must buy.

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Nothing but wind and How to Name it are like Pokeman music IMO. I think they can made into ringtones and sold in stores."

Ha Ha. You've got to admit alias' sense of humor!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast