Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Padmashree Dr. Kamal Haasan's Rama Shyama Bhama

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Back with the bang

Hi all

Read this article:
    http://www.hindu.com/mp/2005/12/15/s...1500050500.htm

Rama Shama Bhama" is a laugh riot, which marks Kamal Hassan's return to the Kannada screen after 18 years. It is also the directorial debut of noted actor Ramesh Aravind. The film is a remake of the Tamil film "Sati Leelavati" with some minor changes in the script. Both Kamal and Ramesh play the roles they did in the original. The cast also includes Urvashi, Sruthi and Daisy Bopanna ("Garam Masala" fame). "Rama Shama Bhama", released last week, has taken a fantastic opening all over Karnataka with Kamal's Hubli-Dharwad accent and Urvashi's performance being the highlights. The songs tuned by Gurukiran are all hits with a number sung by Kamal himself being the pick of the album

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    PVR would be fine.
    Aandavar dharshan has been cancelled. So, even Sunday is fine for me. Please confirm

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by alwarpet_andavan
    PVR would be fine.
    Aandavar dharshan has been cancelled. So, even Sunday is fine for me. Please confirm
    Excellent.

My father-in-law celebrates his 60th birthday on Sunday- puja followed by lunch has been planned.A movie would make things very tight.

Saturday 7pm show should suit all the three of us.Will check up with Jai&will go ahead with the bookings.

Am sending my mob no's as a PM.Let's coordinate thro SMS.

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber cellvi2003's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I heard a news from my friend that RSB, is going very strong in Bangalore, than other Kannada movies. Hats off to Kamal, for given such a hit......
    If there ever comes a day When we can't be together keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    The evening of Saturday the 17th of Dec 2005 turned out to be quite an interesting one not just because I got to watch a very good film like RSB but also for the first time ever met people whom I had got to know thro' the WWW.

The venue was INOX,Garuda Mall,B'lore&the people were Jaiganesh(with his wife)&A_A- from this hub.

I had a mental image of both these guys formed thro' their postings but they turned out to be quite different.A_A for all the aggression he shows(esp in his blog)is quite a shy chap while Jai is more down to earth compared to his postings (No offence meant Jai).

BTW,A_A has a terrific/terrorizing 'Welcome tune'on his mobile

Coming to the movie,I have seen 'Sati Leelavathi' 6 to 7 times but still enjoyed every moment of RSB.The screenplay follows the same pattern of the original but improvizations thrown along the way are brilliant.Also the dialogues by Yeshwanth Saradeshpande&Rajendra Kamath are very good&more importantly original,not translated from Crazy's brilliant lines from SL.Music suits the movie,camerawork gives the film a much needed 'rich'look&as in most Kamal films the supporting artists never put a foot wrong.

Ramesh does justice to his dual roles of actor/director&credit should be given to him for doing a remake as good as the original.
    Daisy Bopanna beats Heera in acting,looks&figure :P while Sruthi is no Kovai Sarala but still does a very competent job.

Urvashi is a tremendous talent&crackles on screen esp if Kamal is around(Competitiveness??).This film is no exception.Her kannada is damn good,she gives the role many shades&do I have to mention about her comic timing?His performance is miles ahead of what her sis did in the original.

Finally Kamal,man what an actor. All those who complain that his comedies are becoming repetitive should watch this movie.He is a riot that too in an alien language.His Kannada diction is unbelievably perfect though the Hubli-Dharwad accent could have been better(a very minor crib).He&Urvashi just run away with the movie in the last half an hour.I can go the extent of saying that with this film he once again proves that when it comes to acting he is The Boss.

Post Thanks / Like
    http://sify.com/entertainment/movies...hp?id=14057271

First week collection of RSB in K'nataka is 1.02 crore.
    Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    any updates on box office collection?

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber swathy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    still running sucessfully
    pala
    vedikkai manidharaip pole - naan
    veezhve nendru ninai thayo?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234