Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Padmashree Dr. Kamal Haasan's Rama Shyama Bhama

Senior Member Senior Hubber Alien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by alwarpet_andavan
    Quote Originally Posted by Filmfan
    How do I upload pix to this forum? Is there a way? Lemme know.

The movie is fast and cool... There were laughs all round the theatre and I particularly liked Ramesh's new ideas of adapting the theme to current times.
    Could you post it somewhere like yahoo photos, flickr or something, if you don't mind and share the URL??
    I think, if we request the admin/mods, then the photos can b uploaded here in the forum itself ! I think it was done here b4 !

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber Thiru's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think this belongs to the indian Films forum...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Lambretta's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unconfirmed reports say that the movie has taken a bumper opening. Will update once its confirmed.

http://www.chitraloka.com/sections/h.../rsb_2005.html
    Hmmm......I find quite a lot of similarity in the story to Sati Leelavati......!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambretta
    Unconfirmed reports say that the movie has taken a bumper opening. Will update once its confirmed.

Hmmm......I find quite a lot of similarity in the story to Sati Leelavati......!
    Hmm... I believe you just returned from your vacation to Mars (lucky you). Its a remake of Sathileelavathi.
    Musical Tsunami - On Feb 23, 2013 @ Prudential Center, NJ - Maestro Ilayaraja Live - First time in USA.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Lambretta's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by njv
    Hmm... I believe you just returned from your vacation to Mars (lucky you). Its a remake of Sathileelavathi.
    Oh yea tats rite, I'm jus back from Mars & I wud've posted more if it hadn't been for the Rocket-lag I've been experiencing since!*phew*
    Boy did I hav a good time w/ the little green martian dudes!
    Jus wait til I post my pics. w/ them on the net!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by njv
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambretta

NJV,

Senior Member Senior Hubber Alien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rama shyama Bama review from Sify.com

http://sify.com/movies/kannada/revie...tid=5&cid=2427

Review

By Moviebuzz

Hero Kamal Hassan and director Ramesh Aravind have joined hands to make this laugh riot that has lived up to its high expectations. And the surprise packet of the film is Urvashi with her perfect comedy timing and dialogue delivery, as she steals the show.

Cartoonist Rama (Ramesh) meets a vivacious Priya (Daisy Bopanna) and he is attracted to her and soon their friendship turns into an affair. Rama is married to Bhama (Urvasi), and has two children but lies to Priya that he is a bachelor. Trouble begins when he meets his buddy Dr Shyam (Kamal Haasan) and his wife Shanthi (Shruthi) at the airport on the way to Goa for a holiday.

But soon Bhama and Rama’s dad comes to know about Priya and the couple split. Rama prefers to stay with Priya in the house that he brought for her. Bhama the conservative wife turns courageous and sends her children, their pet dog, cow, and father-in-law to Rama's house. Priya’s privacy and beautiful apartment turns into a hell and she packs everyone back.

Soon Priya meets her ex-boy friend Raja and the rest of the film is about how Bhama and Dr Shyam work out a plan to bring Rama back to his wife and children. RSB, a remake of the Tamil film Sathi Leelavathi (later remade in Hindi as Biwi No 1), is a lot different from its original in terms of narration and the treatment of the story.

Kamal Hassan has scored full marks with Hubli- Dharwad accent and perfect histrionics required for a comedy riot. The hilarious scenes at the airport toilet, inside the flight, the hotel room in Goa, the restaurant and many others are superb. Urvashi is perfect foil for Kamal with ample support from Ramesh, Sruthi and Daisy. Camera of P K H Das and catchy dialogues by Yeshwanth Sardeshpande are added attractions.

Songs by Guru Kiran are good. Raathri Ayuthi Jopana…. sung by Kamal Hassan is the pick of the album.

Verdict: Laugh Riot

Post Thanks / Like
    Back in B'lore after a 3 day break,nice to see RSB attracting a lot of good reviews.Looks like the TOI( yesterday's edition)too has given the film a very good review(4 star rating).What about the other papers like Deccan Herald&indian Express?

BTW all the 3 multiplexes in the city-PVR,Inox&Innovative Multiplex are screening the movie.

AA,Jai&others -Are you ready for this Saturday?

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinefan
    Back in B'lore after a 3 day break,nice to see RSB attracting a lot of good reviews.Looks like the TOI( yesterday's edition)too has given the film a very good review(4 star rating).What about the other papers like Deccan Herald&indian Express?

BTW all the 3 multiplexes in the city-PVR,Inox&Innovative Multiplex are screening the movie.

AA,Jai&others -Are you ready for this Saturday?
    Cinefan,
    Aandavar is supposed to be giving Dharshan at his Alwarpet abode the coming Sunday since he was out of the country on his birthday. I might come to Bangalore on Saturday morning, watch the movie and leave the same night. If others are OK with it, we can confirm it.

Post Thanks / Like
    AA,
    i don't have any problems.I think Vallavar can't make it on the 17th.Jai has not been visiting the Hub for some time now but i can reach him on his mobile.There has no response from the rest of the bangaloreans.Will give an update tmrw on Jai's availability.Then I can go ahead with booking the tickets.

It's playing at PVR,Inox&Innovative.Which one would you prefer?

Would it suit you to travel two nights in a row?
    Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast