Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: Lonely Valentine

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.bangaloremirror.com/artic...o-mingle-.html

Single and not ready to mingle

Not every youngster in the city is looking forward eagerly for the Valentine's Day. Here are a few who feel that pink is nothing but red

Now, who said college students are mighty kicked about Valentine's Day? Certainly, not these guys, who proudly proclaim 'Single, and loving it'. Not for them holding hands, pinky and mushy mails, or candle light dinners. Rather these students find the effort a bore and more of a chore that digs big holes in your pockets.

"Thumba commitment guru," says final-year student Karan Shetty, BMC, who wants nothing to do with St Valentine, and claims to have gotten out of the mess "just in time".

"It's best to be single because of the effort that you have to put in to 'make it work'. I have seen friends who are always with their girlfriends. They go to college with them and interact only with them. They even go back home together. The money that you need to spend is also a big turn off," he says.

A graphic by Sartaj Singh Anand of BMS College of Engineering that reasons why Valentine’s Day is ‘not worth it’

And after all the effort you make, things may not turn rosy as you have planned - the relationship may or may not work. The repercussions, in either case, are severe, feels Vinayaka H M, final-year student, Vemana Institute of Technology. "Cases when a relationship does not work out as planned are the best. Initially, the guy is completely heartbroken. The poor guy starts contemplating on life. Gradually, he comes to his senses and begins to realise that it was for the best! And when a crush becomes serious, it turns out to be a nightmare. From what I have observed, the poor chap has to don several roles - from assisting her with studies to being a driver to pick her up and drop her home!,” says Vinayaka.

Suhas Gaur, a student from SJB Institute of Technology, couldn't agree more. "Stay single and enjoy your freedom. You don't have to 'report' or 'check' with someone to make plans or go out with friends," he says.

Campus romances also pose a huge threat. "The group dynamics change if one of your friends is in a relationship. Moreover, I have seen people losing their objectivity in a relationship," opines Sartaj Singh Anand, BMS college of Engineering, who has even spread the ‘singles’ message through a sketch on Facebook.
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber Mukzi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Single Guy Awareness Day=Valentine's Day
    If she is not the one,Being Single is Aweosme!!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV View Post
    Anbe Sivam

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    time to revive this thread
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Junior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I lik to dedicate the movie "Kadhalukku mariyathai" to all true lover (hubbers).....

Post Thanks / Like
    I think that Vaanam, with all its cliches, will be suitable for singles who know the perils of Valentines
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV View Post
    I think that Vaanam, with all its cliches, will be suitable for singles who know the perils of Valentines

Naan single thaan velan...

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    My top best Love movies list :

1. Alaipaayuthey

2. Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa

3. Mouna Raagam

4. Kaadhal Kottai

5. Kaadhalukku Mariyaadhai

6. 7G Rainbow Colony

7. Kaakha kaakha

8. Vaaranam aayiram

9. Minnale