writer charu nivedita comments on vedas;

http://charuonline.com/kp195.html

do you agree or disagree?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

agreed

Charu's exposition is quite well-balanced. His views are based on facts. I agree.
    B.I. Sivamaalaa (Ms)

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Atharva vedha is somewhat like what Charu has said. However other vedas are not like what he has portrayed completely. For Eg., Yajur Vedha is all about machines and technology. so I dont see how it can have the kind of verses quoted by Charu. Also any work will have the impact of the cultural and political situation of the times in which it was written. So I will not be totally surprised to find certain things which are so "awful" and "unacceptable" to our current sense and sensibilities. Charu in my opinion has conducted a "biased" study of the work. He wanted to find bad things in Vedhas and he found them. So what can I say. He got what he wanted from Vedhas.!!!
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jaiganes
    Atharva vedha is somewhat like what Charu has said. However other vedas are not like what he has portrayed completely. For Eg., Yajur Vedha is all about machines and technology. so I dont see how it can have the kind of verses quoted by Charu. Also any work will have the impact of the cultural and political situation of the times in which it was written. So I will not be totally surprised to find certain things which are so "awful" and "unacceptable" to our current sense and sensibilities. Charu in my opinion has conducted a "biased" study of the work. He wanted to find bad things in Vedhas and he found them. So what can I say. He got what he wanted from Vedhas.!!!
    I think he is going to write a book and for research only he wanted to read all the vedas,In the first paragraph, he specifically states , he wanted to read the vedas without any bias,without getting influenced by the "periyarism"

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    he specifically states , he wanted to read the vedas without any bias,without getting influenced by the "periyarism"
    Abby!
    I desparately want to believe him. Trust me. I do. However all the quotes he has given is from "Atharva" veda, which some say has more tantric details and some sections which many willingly label as "Black Magic". I merely pointed out that there are three more vedhas and he dismisses them as nothing interesting. Well he wants to see gory things in "Aryan" vedhas and surely he has picked up the right section to find them. Thats it. I am not here to defend Vedhas. However I can say that if he wants to make a sincere attempt, then he should probably go to a scholar and learn it from him instead of trying to go through some English translation of just "Atharva Vedha". Thats all.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    If someone belives that he has voluntarily left out the good things in vedas, the best way to make their point is by showing what is good in vedas.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mahadevan: I am reminded of a simple Rg Vedic Chant

Loka samastha Sukhino Bhavanthu : May all the worlds be happy

I know there are many more such, but the utter simplicity and all encompassing nobility of this prayer is a testament to the good in the Vedas.

Senior Member Regular Hubber indian224080's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    A background check on Charu Nivedita would surely reveal what kind of biased person he is!!!. However if he feels he can write a book on it yes he can very well go ahead and write it.

But will he also tell other golden teachings of his Guru like...

Tamizh oru kattumirandi Baasai...
    Kadavulai Karpippavan Muttal....
    And more over his golden teachings of Men and Women Morality..

I would love to read a book which has those....

Senior Member Regular Hubber indian224080's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another one from top of my head

"May the Omnipresent and Omnipotent God endow us with faith and Pure Reason at the same time." Atharva Veda 19:64

Senior Member Regular Hubber srivatsan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Charu Nevidita's comments are totally FALSE. It shows his biased and hatred against Vedas:
    DHARMO RAKSHATHI RAKSHITHA:

A typical Indian Cultural forum! www.samskruthi.org

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast