Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: charu nivedita's comments on veda

Senior Member Devoted Hubber devapriya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Indian Society and its backgrounds

Brahmins in Sangam Literature(200bce-200CE and Thokappiyam always referred as Parppan, Anthanar, Iyer etc., Now I GIVE from ThiruMurugatrupadai,Which in Depth gives us that They wear Punol with 9 Threads, do VEDIC Rituals of raising Tri-Fire Daily and Practice Vedas. And One of the Faces of Muruga ( Lord Muruga’s Birth Stories in Thirumurugatrupadai has inlfluences of Birth Stories of Marutham in Rig Veda) is for Vedic Brahmins is for Poet says.

4. ¾¢Õ§Åøõ
    *ÕãýÚ ±ö¾¢Â *ÂøÀ¢É¢ý ÅÆ¡«Ð
    *ÕÅ÷î ÍðÊ Àø§ÅÚ ¦¾¡øÌÊ
    «Ú¿¡ý ¸¢ÃðÊ *ǨÁ ¿øĢ¡ñÎ
    Ȣɢü ¸Æ¢ôÀ¢Â «Èý¿Å¢ø ¦¸¡û¨¸ 180
    ãýÚŨ¸ì ÌÈ¢ò¾ Óò¾£î ¦ºøÅòÐ
    *ÕÀ¢Èô À¡Ç÷ ¦À¡Ø¾È¢óÐ ÑÅÄ
    ´ýÀÐ ¦¸¡ñ¼ ãýÚÒâ Ññ»¡ñ
    ÒÄÃ¡ì ¸¡Æ¸õ ÒÄà ¯Ë*
    ¯îº¢ì ÜôÀ¢Â ¨¸Â¢É÷ ¾üÒ¸úóÐ 185
    ¦ÈØò ¾¼ì¸¢Â «ÕÁ¨Èì §¸ûÅ¢
    ¿¡Å¢Âø ÁÕí¸¢ý ¿Å¢Äô À¡Ê,
    Å¢¨ÃÔÚ ¿ÚÁÄ÷ ²ó¾¢ô ¦ÀâÐÅóÐ
    ²Ã¸ò ШȾÖõ ¯Ã¢Âý, «¾¡ «ýÚ Tjirumuru 178-189

I quote from TamilArignanar aru.Chinnaamy- Thamizar Samuthaya Varalaaaru – VANathi Pathippagam 1979, and it has former Speaker of Tamilnadu assembly and Secretary of EV.Ramasamy Naicker- K.RAsaram, a Scholar on his own right giving Preface.
    “ வகுப்புப் பிரிவும் வருணாசிரம முறையும் ஆரியர்களிடம் இல்லை. அவர்கள் சென்ற வேறுநாடுகளிலும் இல்லை. இந்திய துணைக் கண்டத்தில் மட்டுமே உண்டு. உண்மையே1 ..

பார்ப்பனர், அரசர், வணிகர், வேளாளர் எனப் பகுத்து, காப்பியர் சமுதாய இயல் அமைக்கிறார். நால்வகைப் பிரிவையும் அவர்களின் கடமைகளையும் காப்பியர் குறிப்பிடுகிறார்.

«Ú Ũ¸ô Àð¼ À¡÷ôÀÉô Àì¸Óõ
    ³ Ũ¸ ÁÃÀ¢ý «Ãº÷ Àì¸Óõ
    *Õ ãýÚ ÁÃÀ¢ý ²§É¡÷ Àì¸Óõ-

பார்ப்பனர்களுக்கு ஓதல், ஓதுவித்தல், வேட்டல், வேட்பித்தல், ஈதல், இரத்தல் என்னும் ஆறு தொழில்களைக் காப்பியர் விதிக்கிறார். அரசர்களுக்கு ஓதல், வேள்வி செய்தல், ஈதல், நாட்டைக் காத்தல், தீயோரைத் தண்டித்தல் முதலிய ஐந்து தொழில்கள் உண்டு என்கிறார். வணிகர்களுக்கு ஓதல், வேள்வி செய்தல், ஈதல், உழவு, கால்நடை பேணல், வணிகம் முதலிய ஆறுவகைத் தொழில்களை அமைக்கிறார். வேளாளர்க்கு ஓதல், ஈதல், உழவு, கால்நடை பேணல், வணிகம், மேலோர் மூவர்க்கும் ஏவல் புரிதல் என விதிக்கிரார்.

பூணூல், தண்ணீர்க் குண்டான், முக்கோல், ஆசனம் முதலிய பார்ப்பனர்களுக்
    கு ரியனவாகும் மன்னர்களுக்கும் மக்களுக்கும் நல்லுரை கூறுவதும் அவர்களின் கடமையாகும். அவர்கள் அரசு புரிவதற்கும் உரிமை உடையவர்கள். மேலும், சமுதாயத்தின் முதல் மரியாதைக்கும் உரியவர்களாவர்.

á§Ä ¸Ã¸õ Ó째¡ø Á¨½§Â
    Ôõ ¸¡¨Ä «ó¾½÷ìÌ ¯Ã¢Â. 71

அ󾽡Ç÷ìÌ «ÃÍ Å¨Ã× *ý§È. 83

பேணுதகு சிறப்பின் பார்ப்பான்.

ஆயுதம் ஏந்தும் உரிமை அரசர்களுக்கும் வணிகர்களுக்கும் மட்டுமே உண்டு. மற்றவகளுக்கு இல்லையென்கிறார் காப்பியர். வணிகர்களுக்கு அரசர்கள் போல் மலரும் மாலையும் உண்டு. வணிகர்கள், வியாபாரத்துடன் விவசாயமும் செய்து உணவுத் தான்யங்களை உற்பத்தி செய்தனர்.

*¨¼ *Õ Å¨¸§Â¡÷ «øÄÐ ¿¡Êý
    À¨¼ Ũ¸ ¦ÀÈ¡«÷ ±ýÁÉ¡÷ ÒÄÅ÷. 77
    ¨Åº¢¸ý ¦ÀÚ§Á Å¡½¢¸ Å¡ú쨸.

¸ñ½¢Ôõ ¾¡Õõ ±ñ½¢É÷ ñ§¼. 80

¦Áö ¦¾Ã¢ Ũ¸Â¢ý ±ñ Ũ¸ ¯½Å¢ý
    ¦ºö¾¢Ôõ Ũá÷ «ô À¡Ä¡É. 79

வேளாளர்க்கு உழவுத் தொழில் தவிர வேறு தொழில் இல்லை என்பது காப்பியரின் முடிவு. ஆனால் அரசர்கள் விரும்பினால், படைக்கலம் பெற்று மாலை பூண்டு போர் வீரர்களாய் பணி புரியலாம்.

§ÅÇ¡ñ Á¡ó¾÷ìÌ ¯Øàñ «øÄÐ
    *ø ±É ¦Á¡Æ¢À À¢È Ũ¸ ¿¢¸ú. 81

§ÅóРŢΠ¦¾¡Æ¢Ä¢ý À¨¼Ôõ ¸ñ½¢Ôõ
    Å¡öó¾É÷ ±ýÀ «Å÷ ¦ÀÚõ ¦À¡Õ§Ç. 82
    காப்பியரின் சமூக் இயலில் உழவன் கடையனாக்கப் பட்டான்; ஆனால் ய்ழுதுண்போர் உழுவித்து உண்போர் என இரண்டு பிரிவுகள் உண்டெனக் கூறிக் காப்பியரின்.. பக்கம் 44-46.

மேலும் கற்பு மணம் என்பதுற்கு திருமணச் சடங்குகளுடன், தகுதியுடையவனுக்கு, பெண் கொடுக்க உரிமையுள்ள பெற்றோர் கொடுக்கத் தலைவன் மணந்து கொள்வது என்று விளக்கம் தருகிறார். இத்திருமணச் சடங்கு அந்தணர், அரசர், வணிகர் ஆகிய முப்பிரிவினர்க்கே ஏற்பட்டது. பின்பு கீழ்ப்பட்ட வேளாளர் போன்ற மரபினர்க்கும் உரியன என்று விதிக்கப் பட்ட கால்மும் உண்டென்கிறார்.

¦À¡öÔõ ÅØ×õ §¾¡ýȢ À¢ýÉ÷
    ³Â÷ ¡ò¾É÷ ¸Ã½õ ±ýÀ.

¸üÒ ±ÉôÀÎÅÐ ¸Ã½¦Á¡Î Ò½Ã
    ¦¸¡ÇüÌ ¯Ã¢ ÁÃÀ¢ý ¸¢ÆÅý ¸¢Æò¾¢¨Â
    ¦¸¡¨¼ìÌ ¯Ã¢ ÁÃÀ¢§É¡÷ ¦¸¡ÎôÀ ¦¸¡ûÅЧÅ. 1

§Á§Ä¡÷ ãÅ÷ìÌõ Ò½÷ò¾ ¸Ã½õ
    ¸£§Æ¡÷ìÌ ¸¢Â ¸¡ÄÓõ ¯ñ§¼. 3

… காதல் வாழ்விற்கு பத்துப் பண்புகள் தேவை என்கிறார்; பிறப்பால் உயர்ந்த ஒத்த ஆணும் பெண்ணும் காமக்கூடத்தில் சந்திக்க இயலும் என்கிறார்.

À¢Èô§À ÌʨÁ ñ¨Á ñ¦¼¡Î
    ¯Õ× ¿¢Úò¾ ¸¡Á š¢ø
    ¿¢¨È§Â «Õ§Ç ¯½÷¦Å¡Î ¾¢Õ ±É
    Ó¨ÈÔÈì ¸¢Çó¾ ´ôÀ¢ÉРŨ¸§Â. 25

´ý§È §Å§È ±ýÚ *Õ À¡øÅ¢ý
    ´ýÈ¢ ¯Â÷ó¾ À¡ÄÐ ¨½Â¢ý
    ´ò¾ ¸¢ÆÅÛõ ¸¢Æò¾¢Ôõ ¸¡ñÀ
    Á¢ì§¸¡ý ¢Ûõ ¸Ê Ũà *ý§È. 2- பக்கம் 48-49//
    This is just sample and many more are there in Tholkaapiyar.

À¡÷ôÀ¡÷ «È¢Å÷ ±ýÚ *Å÷ ¸¢ÇÅ¢
    ¡÷ìÌõ Ũá÷ ¡ô¦À¡Î Ò½÷ó§¾. 189

*ýÀÓõ ¦À¡ÕÙõ «ÈÛõ ±ýÈ¡íÌ
    «ý¦À¡Î Ò½÷ó¾ ³ó¾¢¨½ ÁÕí¸¢ý
    ¸¡Áì Üð¼õ ¸¡Ïõ ¸¡¨Ä
    Á¨È§Â¡÷ §¾±òÐ ÁýÈø ±ð¼Ûû
    Ð¨È «¨Á ¿ø ¡úò Ш½¨Á§Â¡÷ *Âø§À.1

«ÁÃ÷¸ñ ÓÊÔõ «Ú Ũ¸Â¡Ûõ

§Á§Ä¡÷ ӨȨÁ ¿¡øÅ÷ìÌõ ¯Ã¢ò§¾. 31
    ÁýÉ÷ À¡í¸¢ý À¢ý§É¡÷ ÌÀ. 32
    ¯Â÷󧾡÷ìÌ ¯Ã¢Â µò¾¢É¡É. 33

µ¾ø À¨¸§Â àÐ *¨Å À¢Ã¢§Å. 27
    «ÅüÚû,
    µ¾Öõ àÐõ ¯Â÷󧾡÷ §ÁÉ. 28
    Here Thuthu is only for Brahmins and KSHYTHRIAS, AND Education is only for Upper Castes. 4th Varna is denied of education.

Still more is there. As I have quoted Barathiyar- to say ill of Indic and Tamil Tradition is of No-use, We with our Education should overcome it, the Untouchability practiced by Upper Caste Non-Brahmins neither is dependent on Vedas or Sangam but because of habitual, and by not asking Caste to anybody and Caste based reservations being linked with Financial status and slow Elimination are the solutions.

Bismala and Mahadevan only show their lack of education of what Sangam-Tholkaapiyam -Manimekhalai has, and Valluvar rightly says:
    //402. ¸øÄ¡¾¡ý ¦º¡ü¸¡ ÓÚ¾ø ӨĢÃñÎõ
    þøÄ¡¾¡ý ¦Àñ¸¡Óü ÈüÚ.
    Unlearned man aspiring speech 402
    Is breastless lady's love-approach.// Lady without breasts love would be Unattractive and same is Uneducated trying to say about the Literature- what they do not know.

I WELCOME Intercaste Marriages and every Citizen becoming Vegetarians as Valluvar says and all read the necessary Ahamams and become Archakars.

But 90% of the temples in Tamilnadu are MAriamman and Kali temples and Archakars are Non-Brahmins only. Govt pay for 90% of the Archakars on a Consolidated Rs.300-800 per month ( Lessthan 10-20 US$), Is this You are asking for? The Average age of Catholic Priest of America is above 50 years in spite of pay of morethan 3000$ due to lack of Interest for the next generation to take that post.

Please maintain a Decorum. Vedas belong t0 5000-1000BCE and Sangam and Tholkappyam to 200BCE to 200CE. We live 2006, instead of blaming our mistakes on pasts,Let us look at positive traits.

Devapriya.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

misinterpretation by you

There were no castes as such during Sangam. There were "kudis" not the same as caste. They freely married between different professions. Thus a pujaari ( paarppaan) guy could marry a fisherman.s daughter.

For north, look at vEdavyaasan.(I believe he ws S.Indian). His mom was a "fisher=woman". vAAlmiki was a hunter. They were nevertheless "BrahmanaNa" as they realised the "Brahman" or god. Such was the situation in n.India; as it was in the south.

Casteism developed later. Please do not put the cart before the horse!!
    B.I. Sivamaalaa (Ms)

Post Thanks / Like

Tholkappiyam, Sangam Literature and Caste

Dear Friends,

Bismals lives on a Island of foolishness.

Thani Tamil Chavunist writers such as Pavanar, Maraimlai Aadigal all took out verses referring to their Castes and claimed that they are the Oldest Tamil tribes.

Pavanar's interpretation of meaning of Marai - ANthanar- Parppan and Iyer all to Brahmins is given.

It is because of Thani Tamil movement writers using Caste from Sangam- Tamil nadu has become more Caste Ridden in last 40 years.

SO Caste is abundant in Sangam Literatur and Tholkappiyar says no education to 4th Caste. Tholkappiyar praises Burning of Women with Dead Husband- Sathi, not in Vedas and not even in Manusmrithi.

Devapriya

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber anticrap's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tholkappiyam, Sangam Literature and Caste

Quote Originally Posted by devapriya
    Dear Friends,

Bismals lives on a Island of foolishness.

Thani Tamil Chavunist writers such as Pavanar, Maraimlai Aadigal all took out verses referring to their Castes and claimed that they are the Oldest Tamil tribes.

Pavanar's interpretation of meaning of Marai - ANthanar- Parppan and Iyer all to Brahmins is given.

It is because of Thani Tamil movement writers using Caste from Sangam- Tamil nadu has become more Caste Ridden in last 40 years.

SO Caste is abundant in Sangam Literatur and Tholkappiyar says no education to 4th Caste. Tholkappiyar praises Burning of Women with Dead Husband- Sathi, not in Vedas and not even in Manusmrithi.

Devapriya
    Why dont you quote some examples.?

Post Thanks / Like

Castes in Sangam Literature

Dear Friends,

I am not really happy about Casteism. It can be abolished only if we stop asking it in Schools, and for Jobs. But the really Underprevilaged must be helped. BUT The present system is not really that.

As for my quoting- when Bismala and Mahadevan bluffed Tholkappiyam does not have Caste and that It denies Education to the Fourth, I have given the proofs and how Tamil Scholars look at it.

I feel Past Scholars with Dubious writings be ignored and stop saying Bad against them, by ignoring them. If you insist I can quote

Devapriya

Senior Member Regular Hubber pizzalot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Castes in Sangam Literature

Dear Friends,

I am not really happy about Casteism. It can be abolished only if we stop asking it in Schools, and for Jobs.
    So these jobs and education can be taken by already rich and educated.
    Albert Einstein
    "Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism -- how passionately I hate them!"

Senior Member Regular Hubber pizzalot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Castes in Sangam Literature

Dear Friends,

As for my quoting- when Bismala and Mahadevan bluffed Tholkappiyam does not have Caste and that It denies Education to the Fourth, I have given the proofs and how Tamil Scholars look at it.

Devapriya
    So since it is mentioned by tamils, you say it is correct ?
    Albert Einstein
    "Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism -- how passionately I hate them!"

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456