• Yes

6 54.55%
  • No

5 45.45%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yuvan and A.R.Rahman

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    njv, i fully did not understand ur post....but i bought IR here to make judge realise "criticism" is a 2-way sword......no offence meant to the maestro....

kadavul, we wud really like to see YSR make ARR retire one day.....but is he capable of doing it???u know, wat i mean, put ARR out of business......y do top directors and big banners still prefer ARR, if he is retiring???
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber rashid2raj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its just a gamble...I feel very soon, Harris would call Deva and ask to sing him for a copied song in his music or Deva would call Harris to sing a copied song in his music...

How do you people feel when that combo happens !!!...
    Anbe unnaal manam freezing, adada kadhal endrum amazing B-)

Senior Member Devoted Hubber genesis's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    What kind of discussion is this? All MD's and their family members shall stop singing. That will be good for all of us.

We have not heard much of a good singer like Unni Krishnan for last 2-3 years. Here we are discussing about YSR and ARR singing? Crap!!

Senior Member Devoted Hubber rashid2raj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by genesis
    What kind of discussion is this? All MD's and their family members shall stop singing. That will be good for all of us.

We have not heard much of a good singer like Unni Krishnan for last 2-3 years. Here we are discussing about YSR and ARR singing? Crap!!
    Pooodang' ... Just imagine Unni singin' Thee Pidikka thee pidikka.. After that you might change ur opinion whether Unni should be singin today or not. Anyway, try listen Naresh Iyer..
    Anbe unnaal manam freezing, adada kadhal endrum amazing B-)

Senior Member Veteran Hubber dinesh2002's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    but i think the Raja's family needs to get this in thier head...they r practicly bring thier family members to sing in their songs...lately i heard premji is related to YSR...goodnes...whose next???

ARR has only let his sis,daughters & nephew to sing selected once...not like make them sing in every album!!!!
    Madhushree's HERO (Tamil Version) feat. Tale Spin, Lyrics by me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPYBSABOWc

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont see why ARRahmans work which is much better than YSR's goes unnoticed. For example: Meenaxi,Bose, & Mangal Pandey in hindhi. WOHE in Chinese or even his chaiya chaiya getting a spot in a hollywood film (Inside Man) even his bombay theme was in Lord of War (Nichola Cage film) Bombay theme is found in multiple indian cd compilations.

But if any other md even reaches one ounce of his accomplishments they are suddenly great and better then him?IR's thiruvasagam is really nothing when compared to what ARR has done already with his international projects,but that was given more credit for less work?

There is an anti-rahman wave for what reason?

Senior Member Devoted Hubber genesis's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    pooodang'..... I like it!!

Anyway to counter why dont you have Shankar Mahadevan or Naresh Iyer sing "Thoda Thoda Malarthathenna Poove"... you will have the same result as UK singing Theepidikka.

My point was when we have so many great singers, there is no need for MDs to sing (unless they are relly good, and song suits them.. like Yeh Jo Desh Tera just suited ARR very well)....

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDY
    njv, i fully did not understand ur post....but i bought IR here to make judge realise "criticism" is a 2-way sword......no offence meant to the maestro....

kadavul, we wud really like to see YSR make ARR retire one day.....but is he capable of doing it???u know, wat i mean, put ARR out of business......y do top directors and big banners still prefer ARR, if he is retiring???
    Everybody retire and IR is by no mean exception. Is he retired - from 40 movies / year to 10 movies / year - looks like he is retired but he is not. Watch out this year.
    Musical Tsunami - On Feb 23, 2013 @ Prudential Center, NJ - Maestro Ilayaraja Live - First time in USA.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber svaisn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDY
    aruvi, listen to ARR's voice in:

Vellai pookal ( KM)
    Yeh jo des hai tera (Swades)
    Lukka chuppi (RDBasanti)
    Desh mere(legend of bhagat singh)
    Theeyil vizhunda(Godfather)

and then make ur judgement....

its a gud question, actually.....there were unconfirmed reports 4-5 years back that ARR called Bavatharini to sing in a song, but it didn't materialise.......i guess ARR singing for YSR is more possible than YSR singing for ARR.....
    yes

Maddy it was for the film yelelo... parthiban's movie/..

but it was dropped
    Karthik -Happy Illa

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Scale's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by slperson1
    I dont see why ARRahmans work which is much better than YSR's goes unnoticed. For example: Meenaxi,Bose, & Mangal Pandey in hindhi. WOHE in Chinese or even his chaiya chaiya getting a spot in a hollywood film (Inside Man) even his bombay theme was in Lord of War (Nichola Cage film) Bombay theme is found in multiple indian cd compilations.

But if any other md even reaches one ounce of his accomplishments they are suddenly great and better then him?IR's thiruvasagam is really nothing when compared to what ARR has done already with his international projects,but that was given more credit for less work?

There is an anti-rahman wave for what reason?
    Excellent post dude!

Learn it, how your post gets unnoticed here!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast