Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: abortion

Hybrid View

Senior Member Veteran Hubber thamizhvaanan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thot aasthi is sothhu, property
    A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber Fire111999's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thamizhvaanan
    I thot aasthi is sothhu, property
    oh, in that case, it's equal sharing b/w all children right? i know last time the land used to go to the guys cos they stay at home and the girls take away their portion of the wealth as dowry when they leave the house. but now, both guys and girls leave their home when they get married and also most wealth is not in the form of land. even if it is, it's still equal distribution right?
    ~~~Believe. Just saying - I can do it, can give surprising results. ~~~

~~~ God is a girl ~~~

~~~ Check out the painted hand elephant!~~~

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Querida's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    (sigh) what a tense topic...I got a headache reading some immature replies as well as some controversial yet justifiable replies....my view for the longest time has been that abortion is an option...fine....but simply as one done in case of endangering the mother's health...it is the moment it has become a choice of liberty that such carelessness is accounted for. I am still divided in many aspects of this issue...I am still uncertain whether girls who are raped should keep their child....the child has done no wrong but how about the parent will they or their family accept it and treat it well? It is ideal to think that a mother will of course love her own child...but sadly not everyone is so open-hearted...I have seen many campaigns against abortion...all of them very graphic...all them heart-breaking and enough to make you change your mind in hurting a child which people associate as a thing. I do not want to post any of these sites and hurt any hubbers who are sensitive to this issue.

same with adoption it is the best way for a child to get a second chance when it never deserved to have its first chance taken away...but some people always see their natural child (even if they cannot conceive) as better than an adopted child...i highly admire and commend those who are able to adopt and love their child no different from their own biological children...I know many foster parents who cannot conceive yet love each and everyone of their adoptive children even those who have unfortunatly come from broken homes...

In closing i would like to say that though many things are inherited by parents such as height, there is a threshold for this...a child of tall parents who is malnourished will likely not reach its potential height just as a child who may have stubborn characteristic (just using simple example in this case...rather it is more complicated) this either can be encouraged by parents greatly (by accepting it and worse allowing the child to show stubborness even when it is wrong) or discourage it by curbing behaviour to when it is appropriate.

Post Thanks / Like
    yes, Q, i agree that it is difficult when u think abt abortion in rape cases as punishment for a child for no mistake of its own. but if the girl is forced to have the child, isn't that punishment to her for no mistake of hers? i feel that the girl should have the option to abort. and if she chooses not to, then she must be greatly respected.

i also agree tt if u were to watch videos on abortion, esp the one they show ladies who are considering abortion, it is amazing how sane pple can choose to do abortion. only pple in desperate situations will choose to do abortion.

and for adoption in rape cases, well, for a girl to bear the child to birth is itself a great thing. to expect that she should bring up the child is much more. but it is also true tt after carrying the child for 10 months and giving birth to it, the girl might not want to let go of the child.

and yes, the environment in which a child grows up has a lot of effect on the way a child grows up. but genes are the foundation that you are building on. a child prone to be vertically challenged gentically can't overcome that totally, even given the best of nutritional diets.

~~~ God is a girl ~~~

Post Thanks / Like
    another thing, do u consider rape treatment as abortion as well?

~~~ God is a girl ~~~

Senior Member Veteran Hubber thamizhvaanan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire111999
    and for adoption in rape cases, well, for a girl to bear the child to birth is itself a great thing. to expect that she should bring up the child is much more. but it is also true tt after carrying the child for 10 months and giving birth to it, the girl might not want to let go of the child.

you can never fully understand the psychology of a pregnant woman. no matter under wat severe conditions she is made to bear a child, she does develop a bondage with the child. It is a feeling which one can never feel nor predict, unless you are the mother. saying so, it should mean that there shud be zero abortion cases, which is not the case. I really dont understand these ppl
    A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thamizhvaanan

you can never fully understand the psychology of a pregnant woman. no matter under wat severe conditions she is made to bear a child, she does develop a bondage with the child. It is a feeling which one can never feel nor predict, unless you are the mother. saying so, it should mean that there shud be zero abortion cases, which is not the case. I really dont understand these ppl
    yes, that's very true. and this bondage is present even when the woman is pregnant, not only after giving birth to the baby. that's what makes abortion such a traumatic experience. but a person doesn't avoid doing sth just cos the person knows that it will be a painful experience. and for rape cases, the present pain might seem greater than the unknown pain due to abortion.

but i can't understand why pple abort in normal cases (other than for rape cases and for medical reasons)

~~~ God is a girl ~~~

Post Thanks / Like
    another thing, do u consider rape treatment as abortion as well?
    what i mean is that, in rape cases, the girl will be given an injection or a pill (can't remember which) that will prevent pregnancy in two ways.

if she is near her ovulation time, it will postpone her ovulation and hence the sperm can't fuse with a ovule and cause pregnancy.

if she has ovulated at that time and the sperm has fused with the ovule forming a zygote (i.e. she is pregnant), the injection or pill will cause her ovary walls to harden such that when it's time for implantation into the ovary wall (on about day 6 ), implantation cannot happen as the ovary walls are not in a conducive condition. therefore the baby which is in the blastocyst stage, dies.

so is this also abortion?

~~~ God is a girl ~~~

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718