Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Marriage at an early age for girls in rural areas

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Hulkster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Topic ellam edit penna mudiyaathu pa...post mettum thaan.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber bingleguy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    hey dude ... why not ... just go n edit the first post ... n change its subject ... that first post subject is the topic yaar ! u can change it !
    Click here to reach the Index page of http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...A-LEARNED-YES)... All Sagas could be accessed from this page...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajraj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hulkster: Call it 'Marriage at an early age for girls in rural areas' !

But, it is not really true these days in all areas. Girls in villages go to college and get married after they finish. The parents even send them away to stay in hostels and study.
    I am sure there are still some areas which have not progressed well.
    " I think there is a world market for may be five computers". IBM Chairman Thomas Watson in 1943.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah slowly the villages are coming out of their shell...but theres still a disturbing trend in certain areas of marrying them off young and i have had some maids who told me they were married at 16, so i believe it is still quite widespread there......shall we enforce a law upon all villages that stress that marriages can only be done at 21 and maybe also stress that education till 12th standard is needed for every indian citizen...or like goodsense pointed out that we need to educate the villages that education does not spoil the values and morals of the village girls?

Post Thanks / Like
    Bulls eye Hulk .. Thanks for the suggested topic raj

well true raj .. nowadays things are changing .. but the very mentality of the rural girls will take its own course of time to change ... though they are in a city, they will behave the same way as how they were behaving in their home ! they dont go for partying, roam on streets just like that ... n many other things ...

Hulk ... education on marriages have been done by many educational institutions along with the help of service minded doctors in many remote villages ... sometimes it so happens that they done take it ... some ppl give importance...

i guess K.Bhagyaraj has talked about this in some movie ... old one i guess ... a doctor lady comes to the rural area n she is more misunderstood by the ppl there !
    Click here to reach the Index page of http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...A-LEARNED-YES)... All Sagas could be accessed from this page...

Post Thanks / Like
    K Bhagyaraj movies usually reflected on marriages and life affairs in villages interlaced with a brilliant and funny screenplay.....but im actually looking at early marriage as a hindrance as some of my maids told me they wanted to study english literature but were not able to due to their parents wanting them to marry as soon as they reached puberty.

This is where i want more viewpoints...maybe a bit more analysis from the hubbers who might have experienced early marriages or have such friends so that i can see how much of a hindrance it is.

It is possible that studying can go beyond marriage but due to them bearing children at a young age and their dreams oppressed(if the husbands insist on being the sole breadwinners) their lives become too limited. A severe lack of planning their life as married couples also make it hard for these village women.

Post Thanks / Like
    unga kitta vandhu en idha sonnanga sorry hulk just kidding ! dont mind it ok ....

city la ppl there are many ppl whom i know continue their studies even after marriage ... even my own classmates i know .... but that i would nt call as early marr .. cos they were married only when they were doing PG ....

after puberty marriage ... is basically coz of fear that the girl might not accept ! coz some places maama ponnu athai paiyan kalyaanam pannanumnnu decide panni .. before she could even think ... kalyanam panni vechuduvaanga !

Post Thanks / Like
    ...athu ellam unnum ellei pa...naan indian life pathi visarikkum bothu avanga sonaanga...oru velai yennai paarka counsellor mathiri irunthicho?..

Yeah that too...i wonder why these fellas cant wait till atleast till she has some good formal education before marrying off....this is where we need to think of educating them...maaman paiyana athai paiyananu...unnum konjam nerathilae pakkathu veetu pangajam paiyanum pathi yosanai pennuvaanga...

Post Thanks / Like
    idhukku naan reply panninene enga kaanaama pochu ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Paravalae onnuru murai reply pennunga pa

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast