Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: abortion

Senior Member Senior Hubber Fire111999's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

abortion

after watching the priyasaki movie, i felt that we just had to have a thread abt abortion. i've copied my posts from the priyasaki thread. pls comment on the relevant parts.

even if u can't be bothered to read through everything, post ur opinions abt abortion. is it equivalent to murder? when can u consider a baby as a human baby, at the point of conception, after a few months of pregnancy or at the point of birth? when would you think it's ok to undergo an abortion, e.g. in cases of rape? or do you think that even in rape cases, the girl should give the baby up for adoption?

and, one important thing i want to know. is abortion legal in india?

thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire111999

watching the movie priyasaki right now. i can't believe that a girl who can make a sensible statement like it's wrong for pple to share the same soap can think that it's ok to drink when she is pregnant!

and they treat abortion like a piece of cake! firstly, even if the girl doesn't understand the risks and the emotional instabilty that she will go through because of an abortion, no hospital is going to grant her an appointment to have an abortion on the same day she wishes for it. they would first show her a video abt abortion which will convince most pple not to have an abortion unless they are desperate. and then they'll council her and give her time to make a wise informed decision.

this girl feels that she isn't ready to have a child yet and so she wants to have an abortion! what madness! if she didn't think she wanted to have a child yet, she could have resorted to contraceptives!

i'm watching the court scene right now. but i just had to pause to make this post!

still at the court scene, but i just had to add this. the guy actually asks what is the difficulty in giving birth to his child!!! has he forgotten that she has to go through a great deal of pain to give birth?!?

still at the court sence: oh no, i didn't realise that abortion is actually against the law in india!!!

oh, i just remembered. how come the clinic has such sloppy privacy protection? he calls and they tell him that she is registered to have an abortion! might be cos it's an illegal clinic? i mean, it must be if it does abortion illegally. and that prob explains how she could get an appointment for the same day!

ok, since i started complaining abt the movie, i can't seem to stop!

papaya is not bad for pregnant women. how can they endorse such crap in movies and reinforce sth that's not true?

ok, after this point the movie has become so crappy that i can;t even comment. only thing positive to say abt it is that it's amusing!

ok, even the amusing parts are short-lived.

the later parts are just so slow. the only comments i can make is that at least they recognised that a mother can't leave her child (though she doesn't even need 3 months to find that out). even girls who have agreed to give up their child for adoption while they are pregnant, feel that they can't give up their child when the child is born. but i don't understand how come he acts as if he doesn't want to live with her anymore even after she says she wants to.

and how can they advocate that the guy slapping his wife? just cos what she's doing is wrong doesn;t mean he has to resort to violence towards her!

but actually, the parts before that short amusing part are what i am really mad abt. the rest is just cinema crap which i can forgive!
    ~~~Believe. Just saying - I can do it, can give surprising results. ~~~

~~~ God is a girl ~~~

~~~ Check out the painted hand elephant!~~~

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

and they treat abortion like a piece of cake!

//..if you are not ready to have a child ,it's a very good decision to do abortion rather than having a child and making everybody's life misery.in western countries they do it very neatly..//

that is not correct. as i have already mentioned, they would show her a video that will convince most pple not to have an abortion unless they are desperate. and they'll council her, etc before she can make a decision. are you aware of the emotional trauma she will go through after an abortion? this will not change however "neatly" the abortion is done! (though i agree with you that it is a very simple process)[/quote]

~~~ God is a girl ~~~

Post Thanks / Like
    are you aware of the emotional trauma she will go through after an abortion?
    yeah..some people may be emotional.
    it's good to do abortion at the earliest. because if they try after 3 or 4 mths mothers may develop some affection for their baby. it could be hard for them to do that...

but it's good to avoid getting pregant if u don't want baby. but it happens it's good to do it as soon as possible..

in priasaki sada character may have avoided trying for abortion. because it's their 1 st baby.

but in some other cases there will be 2or 3 children in the family. one more baby is too much..

yeah the whole movie was very outrageous, ridiculous and stupid ..

i'm sorry to ask. but where did u learn abt abortion and its effects? some pple? it is almost inevitable that the girl will go through emotional trauma after an abortion! and doing abortion after a few months is quite a lot more complicated! not just cos the mother will get attached. she would be attached even earlier actually!

~~~ God is a girl ~~~

Post Thanks / Like
    so didn't she go through emotional trauma? didn't she go through loads of counselling sessions?
    i think she was upset at first..but now she is very cool... i don't think she went for counselling...

is it very bad?
    yeah, it is, it seems. i did a major project on abortion in my 9th standard. we interviewed doctors who do abortions (we couldn't get anyone who had had an abortion done cos of the privacy protection) and they said that their major part was counselling and that the operation itself is very easy. and it seems the mothers form a link with their baby even at very early stage of the pregnancy. so they feel like they have lost a part of themselves after the abortion. and get very depressed and get nightmares abt the baby, etc.

~~~ God is a girl ~~~

Post Thanks / Like
    and it seems the mothers form a link with their baby even at very early stage of the pregnancy. so they feel like they have lost a part of themselves after the abortion. and get very depressed and get nightmares abt the baby, etc.

yeah...could be...but at the early stages it won't look like baby..it's like embryo
    i think people with less education may feel differently...

we see a lot of babies die after birth.it could be heart breaking...but abortion..i don't know

it doesn't matter what the baby looks like at the early stages. it's an inner link that just happens. doesn't really depend on how long the lady has been pregnant. not really like the kind of link like, oh, i love my baby. but sth far more deeper. even someone who doesn't want the baby for practical or other reasons will still have that link.

~~~ God is a girl ~~~

Senior Member Diamond Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    i dont really know where i stand in this case
    but i never favour abortion, but i know what is behind the reason for abortion. i get mad at these idiots who is not aware and not having enough protection and get pregnant and then abort a child. stupids they should be punished!
    i have always believed that only GOD have the rights to create and destroy a living being and thats why iam against death sentence too!

Post Thanks / Like
    yes crazy, i agree totally that it's horrible to use abortion as an alternative to contraception. that's so stupid!

~~~ God is a girl ~~~

Post Thanks / Like
    i think ppl should be more educated. i mean in this fact. God ur population is exceeding and exceeding and ppl dont seems to look around.
    when i was in india i always hated these cheri ppl, not b'coz they were poor or something. those mothers there they have nothing called brain, they give birth to child and let then wanders around in town and becomes nothing but a useless citizens. I dont have the right to tell who is useful creature or not, but look at them, i cant understand how ppl r so stupid!

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah, pple should be educated more abt contraception. and they should get used to using it. and they shouldn't feel that 'kudumba kattupadu', which is how they refer to the operation for the men, i think, is bad. i mean, even in the movies they make out as if it's a lowering and unmanly thing even if a very old man goes for this operation!

~~~ God is a girl ~~~

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah, pple should be educated more abt contraception. and they should get used to using it. and they shouldn't feel that 'kudumba kattupadu', which is how they refer to the operation for the men, i think, is bad. i mean, even in the movies they make out as if it's a lowering and unmanly thing even if a very old man goes for this operation!
    ellam vedhi bandha, manly has nothing to do with that!
    God but something must be done, india has highest hiv patients and growing population! i would really love if the gov impose some new rules telling ppl should not have more than one kid(might sound weird, but there is nothing much to do). and prostitutes must be banned.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast